Wings of a Wizard (Harry Pott...

By IroniumToy47

"I died in my sleep. I'd lived a good life, despite my less-than-stellar upbringing, and my teenage years. Ha... More

Prologue (PLZ READ 1ST)
New Life
An Unexpected Event Pt.1
An Unexpected Event Pt.2
An Unexpected Event Pt.3
An Unexpected Event Pt.4
More than High School Pt.1
More than High School Pt.2
More than High School Pt.3
More than High School Pt.4
Save the First Dance Pt.1
Save the First Dance Pt.2
Save the First Dance Pt.3
Save the First Dance Pt.4
The Black Mud Swamp Pt.1
The Black Mud Swamp Pt.2
The Black Mud Swamp Pt.3
The Black Mud Swamp Pt.4
Miss Magix Pt.1
Miss Magix Pt.2
Miss Magix Pt.3
Miss Magix Pt.4
The Swordsmith Pt.1
The Swordsmith Pt.2
The Swordsmith Pt.3
The Swordsmith Pt.4
A Job for Bloom Pt.1
A Job for Bloom Pt.2
A Job for Bloom Pt.3
Announcement
A Job for Bloom Pt.4
Prisoner of the Dark Pt.2
Prisoner of the Dark Pt.3
Prisoner of the Dark Pt.4
Mind of a Child Pt.1
Mind of a Child Pt.2
Mind of a Child Pt.3
Mind of a Child Pt.4
rejected sections pt.1
Darko's Plan Pt.1
Darko's Plan Pt.2
Darko's Plan Pt.3
Darko's Plan Pt.4
Day of the Lily Pt.1
Day of the Lily Pt.2
Day of the Lily Pt.3

Prisoner of the Dark Pt.1

300 16 8
By IroniumToy47

A.N.: I don't really mention when we pass milestones, but thank you everyone for reading this story to pass 6.4K VIEWS!!! 

'A Job for Bloom' will be uploaded to Archive of Our Own this weekend, so stay tuned for the final combined version. 

I won't always be able to add more classroom scenes and school lessons once I start to dive back into canon episodes, and I've found a new source of inspiration, so here's some more classes. 

Yes, I did pull some material from season 4 of the Winx for this chapter, but come on! It's a Defense class, and an extracurricular activities class. They're bound to learn how to dodge and safely navigate floating objects while flying! Its common sense! 

It did occur to me that I've been making some of my OCs more like background characters, and I don't want that, so the last scene the start of that remedy (no spoilers sorry). 

Also, remember that scene I hinted at in the second chapter of this fic? No? Well. I've given it a flashback here. 

Plz enjoy. 

X - normal text

X - text where Bloom is not present

'X' - thoughts

'#$X#$' - Parseltongue

Chapter: : Prisoner of the Dark Pt.1: 

"You did this to us." 

They stand over me, their eyes hollow, their faces gaunt, blood speckled throughout their hair, and coating their faces in rivets. 

"You betrayed us." 

I stiffen, stumbling back, gasping at their accusations. "I--I didn't!" 

"You did this. You killed me, Bloom." 

Daphne's lifeless eyes borrow into mine, her wings drooping and low, the magical sparkles and fairy dust of her Sirenix dress dulled by the blood. 

The blood...oh god...

"The Witches murdered you." I choked out, shaking my head in denial. "I was a baby! I couldn't have done anything!" 

"You had the Dragon Flame." Oritel looked at me with such disappointment. "You doomed our home with your inaction. You forgot us, abandoned us for the Potters." 

"I fed you from my breast, and you drew the witches to us. You destroyed Domino." Marion accused, "You replaced me with Lily, the mother you've always wanted." 

"No!" I shake my head, my eyes burning. "I love you. You're both my mothers." 

"There can only be one, and you chose her." Marion's cold tone makes me flinch. 

"I'm your daughter!" I pleaded as their figures began to recede into the darkness. "Don't go!" 

"You are no daughter of mine!" Oritel boomed, his eyes now glowing a sinister red, the whites all gone. 

"You are a monster. A freak. A boy masquerading in the body of a girl." Daphne sounded disgusted and looked at me as though I was dirt on the bottom of her shoe, the most repulsive thing you could find. "How dare you call yourself my sister! You are a deceiver! A liar!" 

"I--" My words were lost in a strangled gasp as something heavy and metal buried itself in my breast. 

I looked down to see my father's own sword protruding from my heart. 

"Die, traitor, and may you rot in the Dark Dimension." Oritel snarled. 

"Fa--ther--pl--ease--" My hands fell, my legs gave out, and the pain in my chest vanished as darkness returned. 

I knew no more. 

*End nightmare*

My eyes snapped open and I gasped, lurching forward. 

It was dark, the blinds still shut. Flora's tiny snores were barely heard from her side of the room, and Kiko's muffled squeaks along with drooping ears revealed that he was also asleep. 

My mouth felt dry, my throat hot and sore. My eyes burned as tears pooled. 

I shut my eyes, only to forcefully open them again, their haunting stares like daggers to my breast. 

I slip out of the covers, and my feet make no noise as I tip-toe over and around Flora's plants, some of which have overgrown again, and quietly press the balcony door open. 

I step out onto the cold marble and gently pull the sliding door shut. My feed pad as I reach the balcony wall and lean on my arms, my legs wobbling, but holding--for now. 

Tears spill down my cheeks. The air is chilly, especially when I'm in a thin, see-through nightie. It doesn't bother me, not as much as the scorching flames inside. 

I force my eyes to stay open, lest I see Daphne, Oritel, and Marion's accusing, bloodied faces again. 

I fear that my nightmares have only gotten worse. The temporary task of finding and getting a job was gone, leaving me with nothing to distract me from my guilt complex. 

It was my fault. Domino was destroyed because I was born. Because I was reborn as a Keeper of the Dragon Flame. Because I carried it, and the Ancestrals sought it. 

I brushed my arms, feeling the source of my pain writhe inside of my core. I knew he yearned to burst out, yearned to expose the shroud of lies that dominated the dimension, but I couldn't allow it. I wouldn't. 

The risk was too high that his presence had been detected. By other enemies of Sparx--the ones that were barely mentioned, and only alluded to in carefully chosen vague words--assuming they hadn't already. 

My hands tighten around the smooth edge of the wall. 

I lift up my hand, sifting through my memories of Occlumency, seeking anything to distract myself from the terrors of my dreams.  

*Flashback* 

Daphne roars with light-hearted laughter, her skirts billowing around her as she clings to the back of her bonded dragon, Rhea, letting out a joyful roar as well. The yellow and golden dragon with reddish spikes wove around a cloud in the sky, the sight making me giggle. 

I can barely keep my head up, but the tightness in my chest is released in a joyful squeal that brings smiles to my parent's faces when we soar higher, the wind rushing in my face. 

"Steadfast, my baby girl," Marion cooed at me, and my little fingers gripped her dress's skirts as tight as I could. We both are riding on the back of Marion's bonded dragon, Ariadne, a wide iron-belly dragon with sharper talons and absolutely massive wings. 

There is a strap that fastened me to Marion, so there is no worry about me leaning too far and falling off. 

And Father, Oritel's dragon is Agamemmon, a proud, scaly beast, not as large as Ariadne, but more nimble, built for speed, and for battle. Aga (for short, it's easier to almost say, oh who am I kidding, I can't even say that amongst my baby babble), has darker red scales and silver along his underbelly and wings. 

Marion and Daphne giggle while Oritel grins. "Try to keep up ladies!" 

"Oritel!" Marion screeched as he directed Agammemon to suddenly dive. Naturally, we dived after him, piercing through the clouds and coming out over the landscape of Domino. 

Lush green fields, reddish rocks, and dark orange sandy beaches. Crystalline clear waters with white-capped waves. 

Pockets of trees down below on the landscape mark small and various forests. Jagged cliffs rise into massive mountains that could've been the size of the largest dragon's wingspan. 

It's awe-inspiring to see, and I really wish that I had a paintbrush right now. 

Agamemmon pulls up, unleashing a jet of emerald flames in a haughty display. 

Marion's competitiveness would not allow her husband to outshine her. "Come on, Ariadne, let's show those proud men what we women can do." 

Ariadne flapped her wings harder, unleashing a roar that made me tremble, and my tiny feet pressed against shimmering jade and blue-green scales. Marion's dragon's throat gained a glow that moved upwards, until out of her mouth hurled dazzling yellow and black flames. 

"I do hope that I can join that fun!" Daphne called before Rhea unleashed proud reddish-orange flames as well, shooting at least a foot forward beyond our parent's bonded rides. 

Oritel roared with laughter. "It would seem that we've been outshined by our favorite princess, my queen." 

"So it would seem, my love." Marion's brown eyes sparkled with joy, and I squealed again as my stomach flew into my throat, loving the thrill of the drop. 

We were approaching the outer walls of Sparx now, our dragons flying over the great bastion walls with roars that were answered by those belonging to the Dragon Riders that guarded the walls. 

I could barely keep my eyes open as we landed and the adrenaline rush faded. That...was AMAZING! 

Daphne dismounted from Rhea at the same time as Oritel. Marion transformed in a dizzying flash of sparkling light that hid her clothes and her body, the orange glow fading to reveal her fairy form, a dress fashioned from sparkling fabric and dragon scales, massive jagged butterfly wings spreading out before she took flight, my tiny body firmly secured as she flew the rest of the way to the ground. 

Our loyal guards surrounded us on the way back in, and I gave my new family a tired smile, my eyelids drooping. 

That was possibly one of the best things I've ever experienced, and I'd ridden on a blind Ukranian Ironbelly before! 

Daphne's lovely features shifted as she looked at me. "Are you tired, little one?" 

I cooed softly, my head resting against Marion's scale-covered breast. 

Oritel chuckled, eyes identical to my own shining with the proud joy of a father ensnared by love. "It would seem that our journey wore out our other favorite princess." 

"So it would seem." Marion smiled, looking ethereal and beautiful, beyond words really. "I think that Bloom needs her rest, and you, Daphne, have lessons to attend." 

Daphne did not pout, but I strongly felt the vibe from our bond. 

Oritel chuckled. "And I must find Hagan." 

Marion rolled her eyes, but smiled as she carried me up to their chambers. I lay against her, feeling her beating heart against my ear, and my smile came back. 

I love my new family. I love my home. 

*End Flashback*

The edge of my cupid-shaped lips turns upward, and I brush back my tears with my fingers. "I miss you," I whisper, holding the balcony wall tightly. 

Marion's kindness, her incredible multi-tasking. 

Oritel's leadership in the face of such dark times. 

Daphne's earnest, almost motherly behavior. 

My legs sway and I fall to my knees, the pain not even registering as other memories of Sparx, Marion, Oritel, and my big sister fill my mind. 

I cup my hands together, seeking something else. I funnel my magic into the spell, drawing from the positivity of my memories. 

Marion. Oritel. Daphne. James. Lily. Violet. Roxy. Stella. Flora. Musa. Tecna. 

My heart seizes as I whisper the words, "Expecto Patronum." 

Silvery-white mist gathered in the palm of my hands before disappearing, like the faint feeling of happiness that was dulled, like sound behind muffling windows. 

Tears start to pool. I need this, I need to do this. "Expecto Patronum." 

My corporeal patronus in the form of a stag didn't appear. 

I waved my hand, thrusting it out, sadness filling me as I realized that it too was beyond my grasp, like my blood family. 

"Expecto Patronum." 

Nothing, not even silvery whisps this time. 

I choked back an exhausted sigh, shutting my eyes as heat built behind my eyelids. Tears streamed down my face, and my Occlumency barriers fell as the emotions I'd stuffed down surfaced with a roar. 

There was no shoving away the painful facts, the last memories I had of my parents, of Daphne's agonizing scream, replaying over and over in my mind like a broken record. 

"Expecto...Expecto Patronum..." Nothing, my hands felt cold. Numb. 

I sagged, curling into a ball, silently crying, uncaring of the cold. 

I was alone, my family was gone. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I yawned again (sleeping on the balcony floor three nights in a row doesn't make a great bed) as I let the magic I was gathering fade. Sighing, I glanced around the classroom as I rolled my shoulders back, looking at my classmates. 

Stella was completely out of it; not that I blamed her. Palladium's latest test in Magical Invocation had left us all tired and drained. 

"Come on, come on, try the spell." Wizgiz encouraged the class. "Concentrate on the skin you wish to shift form to, and cast the spell." 

Tecna had finished, and was currently scanning the textbook for phrases or other useful bits, her computer was also open on the desk so she could research. 

Musa had one of her headphones on, nodding along to some music that she could hear as she worked. 

Honestly, it was a relief that the spell had worked as it had, but I guess that the Dragon Flame was just that good. 

Nurse Ofelia kicked us out of the infirmary when we told her that Musa had awoken, running various tests and casting all kind of spells. Faragonda also came by, though Musa would change the subject whenever I asked what they talked about. 

Still, things were looking up. Musa had told us the events leading up to her unfortunate stay in the infirmary. that she had taken the job as Barbatea's assistant, and had told us about her adventures down below in the catacombs (I didn't even know that Alfea had catacombs). 

Apparently, Musa had been working frantically from job to job (which explained her odd hours). As she had unknowingly hinted to last weekend, she didn't have a stable income, and she was still paying off her Alfean tuition fees. While I had gone for my trial run, she had managed to get herself a job as a librarian's assistant under Ms. Barbatea.

And then found herself excavating. In catacombs under Alfea that were apparently hidden and previously unknown, but now rediscovered.

So while I was going to be catering on the weekends for a few hours (like Stella), Musa worked an hour and a half in the library on the weekdays. Tecna and Flora were the only ones without a job, but I had no desire to push the idea of an actual job on them just yet.

Flora dedicated all her time to school and her social life, ensuring that she would become a Guardian Enchantix Fairy, as she told us she aspired to be. And Tecna was one of the few lucky Zenithian fairies to attend Alfea College, working hard every day to keep her grades top-notch as she slowly explored her emotions and found balance.

My emotional balance on the other hand...well I've already talked about it. No need to go in circles...bloody hell, Hermione was right. I brood as much as I overthink stuff. Tells you what I know. 

Apart from that, Musa was doing better. She was a bit slower than usual, since I'd determined that her mind had been struck with the mental equivalent of a sledgehammer. 

I don't know what she found in the catacombs that caused such a devastating mental attack, but I knew that I'd want to be prepared (mentally) should I need to descend down below someday (hey, with my Potter Luck, it's bound to happen. Things always happen to me, it's just a part of being me). 

After practicing with various color spells, Wizgiz had us move up to skin-changing spells. Some were direct, and others, like the one we were going to practice (instead of writing three pages of notes on) today, gave us more freedom when changing our skin; the only limit being those we set for ourselves.

I took a deep breath, drawing from my power. My Flame rumbled.

'Behave!', I thought sternly, tiredly, desperately needing to focus, and no amount of the essence of a cosmic deity's pouting would distract me.

Around me, other girls were starting to cast their spells. Stella's skin turned into feathers, gaining the beautiful plumage of a peacock.

"Erinus." I took a deep breath, then allowed my powers to rise to the surface of my skin, watching as serpentine scales formed all over my body in shades of fiery reds, oranges, yellows, and golds.

"Marvelous!" I nearly jumped out of my seat as Wizgiz appeared on my desk. "Excellent, excellent work, Ms. Peterson! An improvement for sure!"

I flush pink, knowing that he was referencing last week's abysmal grades. I choke down my sob when my thoughts flash to Daphne. "Thank you, professor," I mumble.

He chuckles, but looks concerned at my lack of enthusiasm, and general lethargy. "My pleasure. Do keep up the good work!" He then goes over to lecture Amaryl, who attempted to copy Stella's feathery transformation, only to shriek as ugly black and green feathers appeared, looking rather wilted and ugly.

Stella snickered quietly.

"--and that is why you do not attempt to imitate something you see only! You must study the very anatomy of the skin you wish to change! Copying others is foolish, Ms. Luz, especially when you have no idea what you are attempting!"

Amaryl's feather face (and I will be saving this in my mind for laughs later) was turning from pink to a very deep shade of red as Wizgiz lectured (cough, tongue-lashed, cough).

Several girls around her were quietly giggling or sending her pitying looks (the latter were her dorm mates).

I glanced at Tecna and did a double-take. I swear I was looking at Cortana from Halo. Blue holographic metal lined her skin, and even her eyes were shining blue.

"Bloody hell." I breathe.

Tecna notices my shocked stare. "What?"

I shut my mouth with a 'click'. "Uh, you just reminded me of a character, is all."

The Winx exchanged looks, but silently vowed to ask me later.

I successfully attempted the same spell twice before I was given the freedom to spend the rest of class however I wish. Naturally, I got lost in my thoughts. 

I had successfully managed to get a job. Honestly, the pessimistic part of me still couldn't believe my good luck. I would officially start next Saturday, which is annoying because I have to reschedule movie night with the Winx for Sundays, seeing as I'll be taking early morning to late afternoon shifts.

Ugh. The sacrifices you make for the sake of responsibility.

We'd gotten further into Vampire Diaries and Transformers (about a fourth of the way through Vampire Diaries and about the same for Transformers), with Stella and Musa absolutely hooked onto the former, and Tecna, Flora, and myself preferring the latter.

Apart from that, I've been working on a new pendant that I can give to Hagan, one that will allow us to communicate. The one I created on the spot is really just memorabilia so that the ol' bugger doesn't think that everything was just a dream.

I want to add in additional tech--mainly a locator beacon, a one-way communicator link, and a few basic protections against mind attacks and magic attacks (like mind shields and regenerating body shields)--but to do that, I would need to ask Tecna for help.

I was...hesitant to do that since I knew that she was smarter than she looked. One too many discrepancies, and she might just start to look into what I'm doing, or take a personal interest. Especially when she and the others realize that I'm not just keeping secrets, I'm lying about them.

I sigh in self-loathing. The price of keeping secrets is the eventual buildup of a lack of trust, which leads to friends going behind their friend's backs. Not that I didn't know that, but to pretend that it won't bite me in the rear at some point in the...well, not the worst possible future, per se, but I doubt that whenever my lies and secrets are unveiled it will be the most pleasant moment.

I'm still in a bad place after learning that Daphne, Marion, and Oritel are dead. One died to save me from the Ancestral Witches, and the other two died saving our homeworld.

It doesn't explain why the bonds are still intact, but it does explain why the opposite ends of the bonds feel...cut off, for a lack of a better phrase.

Maybe that's just how the bonds are...naturally. Their link is gone, but mine are still intact, or at least, my half are intact, because I am still alive.

I didn't have a mind link to anyone in my last life, apart from the corrupted, unnatural link created when Voldemort accidentally turned me--Harry--into his Horcrux, so you can see that I'm still rather out of my depth here.

Anyways, I'm definitely going to have to get my shit together. Let's be honest, I really don't have it together. I'm holding on by strings. The only reason that I held it so well on Sunday was because it was a completely unrelated topic that required my full attention.

But even now...

I stiffen, and breathe in and out slowly, brushing the tears before they can fall. I'm not having massive breakdowns--thank Merlin--but I still feel...sad. Angry. Hurt. Mad. Vengeful.

I know I'm not supposed to feel those things--that's what witches are trained to feel--but I just can't help it. I get human urges, even if I am a 'magical creature'. I laugh, I cry. I scream in anger and ecstasy. It's just biological nature; to deny a part of what I am is foolish.

Without emotions, you are apathetic, and well, just look at the Jedi Order and tell me how well that worked out for them. They disconnected from the people, relied more on the Senate with those 'Ruusan Accords', feared fear to the point where they tried to remove all emotions; and ended up dying to an army of blue-white men with a turned Jedi at the front of the legion.

And I think...I think that accepting all that I am will make me stronger for it. Somehow, I'll survive. 

Then the bell rings, startling us all. 

"Great Arcadia! Time already?" Wizgiz glanced at the clock. "Alright, girls! Homework is any terms or questions from chapters six and fourteen on Leg-based and Arm-based Metamorphosis. Review your notes carefully, as our first test is coming up the next week!" 

Next Monday or Wednesday. Only a week and a bit away. Bloody great. 

"I'm bored," Stella announced as we left class together, heading back to our dorms to swap out our Metamorphosis books for our Magiphysics books. 

And as usual, my friends were bickering on our way. 

"--I feel as though the class will be boring for the more experienced fliers." Tecna sniffed. "It is illogical to schedule flight training for those that have already become experienced." 

"True. All of us can transform." Stella agreed. "All of us can fly. So why bother?" 

I flicked her on the nose. "Because there is always more to learn. The moment we stop learning is the moment we start failing." 

"Bloom's right." Musa agreed, a faint limp the only remaining sign of her motor functions being impacted by the mental assault--a sure sign that her mind had almost entirely recuperated from the mental attack (she could barely walk the day after, and was put on physical therapy for the previous week)--as we reached our dorm. "I'm sure that there will be more complicated maneuvers that we can learn." 

"Most of a fairy's training is self-taught anyway. I'd guess that they're just doing it to confirm who is ready to move on to more complicated stuff." Flora put in her two cents as she imitated Stella while tossing back her hair over her shoulder. "Like mastering target practice while flying." 

"That's later in the year, and will be on the finals." Tecna shrugged. "I am more concerned with the theoretical rather than the practical. There is more to learn than there is to act upon." 

"I think that it's good to worry about both." I re-entered my dorm, gathering my Defense book, and my notebook, sharpening my pencils, and running quickly to the bathroom before I rejoined the girls. 

"Eh." Stella shrugged. "I just want to stretch my wings. It's not healthy for a fairy to be cooped up all the time." 

"Me too." Musa agreed, eager to do anything except sit in the infirmary. "I'd rather be sorting books than lying in a coma. Thanks again for the wake-up call, Winx." 

"No problem." Flora and I chirped. 

"Happy to help." Stella sing-songed. 

"It is...pleasing to know that Bloom's spell worked as intended," Tecna replied cheerfully. 

"Now if only other things could work as intended." Stella teased me. "Such as footwear." 

"Heels are your best friend." I scowl, yearning to cross my arms but can't--not without dropping my stuff. "They hate me." 

The other girls giggled, knowing my intense dislike of them, especially after I had needed to go to the infirmary because my feet swelled up. Walking around in heels without days of practice up and down stairs while carrying food and drinks to people was a painful process. Blisters, swelling, and a pulled ankle. 

Did I mention the swelling? 

Stella was pouting. "How was I supposed to know that you were a size larger than me?" 

"A tape measure?" I drawled like it should have been obvious. "Duh." 

Okay, that was a little rude and unneeded, but I was being a grumpy grouch. It comes with crying your heart out and experiencing bouts of insomnia. Thank Merlin and this Dragon Grimoire for heat-based illusion spells (which works better than Harry's version of a glamor spell, since they draw from heat and I'm hotter than a bloody furnace most days. 

Stella--to her credit--did not flinch at my barb, and in fact, acted as though she was unphased by my sarcasm. I do tend to use it more than I should. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since I had to work on weekends, we decided to shuffle around movie night to whenever we could all fit it in. Hence why we were watching it after a grueling day of hand-cramping note taking in Magical Invocation and body-aching spell-casting in Defense. 

"So, what do you want to watch tonight?" Musa asked excitedly. 

"Vampire Diaries!" Stella exclaimed eagerly. 

We all rolled our eyes. As much as the blushing (and very much in denial) Musa and Stella loved the series (from the bad boys in action to the love triangle), the rest of us weren't as enthusiastic. 

Flora was a little unsettled by the violence but admitted that she liked Matt (and compared Amaryl's behavior to a more wild Caroline Forbes if you can believe that!). 

Tecna found them lacking in abilities (compared to High Vampires, Blood Vampires, and Vampiresses here). 

And I, well, you already know that I disapprove of love triangles. Mostly because of the bullshit I had to deal with as Harry Potter before everything somehow managed to work itself out. Seriously though, there were multiple times when Harry feared that Hermione or Susan would either rip each other's throats out, tear off his balls, or utterly destroy Ginny. 

Not that the love-potion-dousing redhead wouldn't have deserved some punishment, but maiming a body and Bat-Blogey Hexes were extreme. At least Harry had talked them down from murder. 

I shook my head clear of old memories before my jaw dropped when Tecna held up a movie with a very familiar boy with a lightning bolt scar on his head. 

I ignored the sinking feeling in my stomach. I had read the books (mostly out of shock and curiosity), but I hadn't ever watched the movies, despite having them on my phone, which Tecna had downloaded them off of. 

How did my phone have all this data space? Magic! 

Ok, it really didn't, I just kept zip files of the movies on my phone that I could download to whatever computer was at a hotel we were staying at. The same went for Vampire Diaries and Transformers. 

"Bloom?" 

"Huh?" I shook my head clear of my past thoughts and memories--seriously, I could drown in them if I don't watch myself--and looked at the girls, which were all looking at me expectantly, waiting for my input. 

"Do you want to watch it? Have you already seen it?" Musa's sudden question causes a rather unladylike snort to escape. 

"Watch what?" I asked. 

"Harry Potter." Stella said, looking concerned when I quietly gasped, "Oh." 

Cursing my pause, knowing that the girls had noticed and would probably add it to the 'list of weird things about Bloom', I gave them the truth. Well...a half-truth. 

"I've read the books, but haven't seen the movie," I replied, my mind racing a thousand thoughts a minute. 

More like I've lived through it, and the books are too tame to be called anything less than insulting. Well...maybe not the first one. The rest though, definitely were. 

And don't even get me started on the fanbase of Harry Potter. 

Some of them were actual what-if scenarios that had played out in my head. Some were...ok, they were interesting reads, especially the ones where I used the Veil of Death to time travel (even though that's not what it does, but ok). Or go to a parallel universe (either with an alternate me, or an entirely different fictional universe). 

Some of their fanfictions made me want to vomit. Seriously, who in their bloody mind could view me in a relationship with Snape of all people? Or Malfoy? Or Voldemort--who I may remind you, was trying to bloody kill me! 

And the thought of me having a harem is just...ick. Especially since most of the girls and women who end up in Harry's harems were girls who I knew were in relationships around that period. 

I shudder at the thought of so many women serviced to one man. Even if the man in question was a fictional version of my past self. 

Now I know why souls are wiped of memories and attachments before they continue to the next life. Bloody hell, this is confusing! 

The other girls nodded, taking that as my affirmation. 

"Great!" Stella clapped her hands together. "I will bring the popcorn!" 

She then dashed out the doors, heading to Alfea's kitchens. 

I rolled my eyes fondly but joined Flora in arranging the couch cushions and bringing other pillows and blankets. 

Tecna and Musa work together to set up the projector that Tecna had brought with her from Zenith.  

Once we had set up our comfort zones, we waited for our favorite blonde to return. Five minutes later, in her usual, to quote, "Dramatic and stylish", entrance was Stella returning with armfuls of bags with food from the kitchens. I guess it helped that I was still feeding S'Foglia recipes from Earth, and he had been able to replicate many dishes with surprising success. 

Pad Thai, pizza, teriyaki chicken (although they used alpha birds), orange chicken (again alpha birds), treacle tart, rocky road ice cream, peanut butter fudge, baklava, and bunuelos; just to name a few. 

"What'd you bring?" Musa peered into the bags curiously. 

"Popcorn in those--", the sun fairy pointed, "--and these are drinks. The ones Bloom is sorting through are tarts--"

I snorted, recalling an amusing memory of Hermione using that word rather offensively when Romilda came around with love potions. 

I pulled out a box labeled 'For Bloom'. Squealing, I opened it to find my Treacle Tart! Oh, how I missed you so! 

Ignoring the strange looks I garnered, I grabbed a plastic fork and plopped myself on the couch before digging in. 

Flora and Stella giggled at my antics while Tecna frowned and Musa chortled. "Wait for the rest of us, B." 

I huffed, cradling the tart to my chest. "I haven't had treacle tart in months. I want this." 

The other girls snickered. I (reluctantly) set down my tart so that I could help the other girls finish setting up a little snack cart in the middle of us. 

Flora asked one of her plants to flip the light switch as Tecna turned on the movie. 

I sat next to Stella, with Flora on our other side, and Tecna and Musa on Flora's other side, Kiko in my lap. The five of us had moved the couches so we could have a backrest as we watched the first of seven movies that provided a fictitious account of my past life. 

As soon as the movie started, I couldn't control my expression and I glared at the screen's opening scene: Dumbledore leaving infant Harry in the cold November night. 

J.K.R., I'm coming for you. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was Wednesday, and after the movie marathon (we may or may not have watched the first and second movies up past two in the morning) we were all exhausted. 

Sadly, professors are bloody slave drivers, and they're unforgiving, no matter the time of day. Neither is the course workload. 

Magiphysics had shifted. Now that all of us had tapped into our elements and undergone some complex elemental (wandless) magic, our class had shifted to more of an intellectual debate circle. 

"While the spells we practice draw from our magic, many of us pay little thought as to how, or even why that occurs." Headmistress Dowling paced in the Stone Circle. "Can anyone name an example of this feeling?" 

A fairy (who I still don't know the name of) raised her hand. 

"Yes, Ms. Burbois?" Faragonda folded her arms behind her back. 

"Uh, it's like, a sudden rush of energy?" You can tell that her tone was not confident as she gave her answer. 

Dowling smiled. "That is a basic description of it." Her smile widened like she was going to let us in on some big secret. "To be truthful, there is no right or wrong answer here. Can anyone else tell me why?" 

So, she was making us think. I frowned as I thought, pondering over how magic felt for me as Harry and Bloom. My magic then was less sentient, but more malleable. My magic now was more sentient, and more rigid. 

And yet, when I touched the Dragon Flame, drew from the molten hot well of power inside of my heart to fuel my magic...the sensation was unlike any other. 

I raised my hand. 

"Ms. Peterson?" 

Many eyes turned to me. 

"It's because how our magic feels when we cast is different, isn't it? No two users will feel the same effect, even if they cast the same spell with the same intent. Their magic works differently from each other, regardless of our elements, because we are all different people, unique. We are shaped by different experiences, and have made different choices that define who we are today." 

I could feel many surprised and stunned looks on me. I did what I did best--ignore them. 

Dowling's eyes flashed with pride. She nodded once in my direction. "A very insightful and mature response." 

She turned to the rest of us. "As Ms. Peterson stated, our lives are different, right down to the very makeup of our souls. As such, we feel different than others do when tapping into our elements and powers." 

Tecna raised her hand. "Headmistress, wouldn't that be irrelevant considering that we all tap into our powers the same way? Why does it matter how different our magic feels from one another?" 

My friend's question sparked whispers and hushed words from our fellow classmates around us. 

Dowling was not angered, irritated, or annoyed by Tecna's question. In fact, I daresay that she was pleased that she asked it. "That is one of magic's greatest mysteries. Why do we feel what we do? What separates us as individuals, and unites us as one collective group?" 

She sighed, adjusting her glasses. "To be quite blunt, these questions have yet to be answered beyond what we already know. 'How' is still a mystery, but 'why' is very important, and can be answered." 

After a moment, she glanced around, expecting one of us to answer. 

"Because...it's important to be aware?" Terra asked hesitantly. 

Dowling smiled patiently. "Partly. But, it is more important to realize the unique resonance of your own magic. When we attempt more complex pieces, such as a convergence spell--", and here everyone glanced at the Winx, knowing that we had attempted one such spell. I did not squirm, but Flora and Tecna did. Stella and Musa looked unphased. "--you must learn how to modify your magic's vibrations to resonate with those of your partners." 

She smiled at us Winx members, but there was an undertone of reprimand. "Of course, Ms. Sol's dorm has already 'jumped the gun', so to speak, in this instance." 

Flora, Musa, and I flushed pink. Tecna seemed to figure out how to describe a feeling. And Stella hummed thoughtfully.  

"Perhaps one of you girls would like to explain how it felt? Ms. Sung, will you start?" Dowling's eyes were twinkling. Of course, the bloody eccentric woman would turn our disobedience into a teaching moment. 

Not far off from something Dumbledore would've done. 

"It was...incredible." Musa finally said, well aware of all the eyes on her, on us. "It was like, we were individuals, and then we were one. One body, one mind, one soul, working towards one goal: removing the dark magic from the eggs." 

Dowling nodded. "Ms. Sol?" 

"It was intoxicating." Stella sniffed, brushing down the flowery frills of her pale blue skirt. "All our powers merged together, our auras brushing each other in a different form of intimacy." 

"Ms. Vitale?" 

"If we didn't trust each other, I...don't think the convergence spell would've worked," Flora said shyly, her cheeks flushed pink, squirming a little in her seat. "Even though we only knew each other for two weeks at this point, we had relied on each other and bonded somewhat. But...when our school was threatened, we put aside our differences and worked together." 

She buried her heated face in her hands when many of our peers clapped, including the headmistress. 

Faragonda smiled. "Well said indeed. Ms. Peterson, Ms. Techne, do either of you have anything to add?" 

Tecna and I glanced at one another. I looked back, took a deep breath, then spoke. "Apart from this sudden feeling of purpose, of belonging, and the righteousness of unity, nothing else." 

"Me neither, ma'am," Tecna added politely, but stiffly, likely because emotions were still something she had trouble grasping. 

Headmistress Dowling nodded. "Thank you, girls." She turned on her heels, looking around at the rest of the girls in our year. "Over the next couple of days, I want you girls to immerse yourself in your powers deeper than ever before. You know how to tap into your powers, but now I want you to tap into your magical essence, the source of the 'vibrations' if you will." 

She cleared her throat, then continued. "We'll start with using the Vessel, and then, we'll proceed to practice on our own. By the end of next week, I want all of you to be able to find the frequency that your magic resonates at. The following week we'll learn how to manipulate that frequency so that when the time comes to perform basic convergence spells, you will know what to do." 

Her expression darkened, turning grave. "For those of my overachievers, I give a fair warning. I do not want you to go ahead and practice convergence magic on your own. Convergence spells are volatile at best, and can be very deadly if performed inaccurately." 

"But, the Winx did it!" Amaryl complained, pointing a finger at us. 

"Yes, and they were extremely lucky." Faragonda's eyes fell on us, but I did not shrink under the weight of her stare. "Convergence magic is complex and requires many things. Trust. The natural or trained ability to tap into your magic. To concentrate on a sole goal, and to feel that goal from other fairies. Merging your magic together is the most dangerous part, which is why once we begin, I will supervise you in pairs. Eventually, you will work with your entire dorm, and then strangers." 

Amaryl slumped in her seat, glaring at us, her entire body language screaming 'IT'S NOT FAIR'. 

"Now, if there are no more questions--" Dowling was cut off as the bell rang. She shook her head in amusement. "Ah. Do read chapter five, answer the questions in the back of the chapter, and complete a list of the terms. We will meet next Friday!" 

I sighed, grabbing my notebook and pens before slipping them into my handbag. Purse. Satchel. Whatever you want to call it. 

"Tecna, where are you going?" Musa called, and we turned back. 

Tecna paused midstride. "I'll be right along. I need to confirm a hypothesis about the mortality rates of convergence spells." 

I winced, as did Flora. "That is dark, Tecna." 

She tilted her head in a so-so manner. "Later, Winx." 

"Bye!" We chorused. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As soon as Magical Invocation, we raced back to our dorm to pick up our flight logs, since today we'll be practicing flying in Magical Defense, with Professors Katherine and Griselda overseeing our flight training.

I'm very excited about these lessons for the next four weeks.

Why were flying lessons so late you ask? Apparently, when Faragonda pushed back the practical work in favor of theoretical, she also pushed back flying lessons by a month and a half, seeing as one-third of students at Alfea hadn't yet unlocked their basic fairy form.

Now that most of us, if not all (I knew of three girls in passing who were struggling to transform, one who hadn't even tried) had unlocked our Winx, it was time to teach those of us who struggled how to fly properly. 

"Good day, class." 'Professor' Griselda just seems to get stiffer and stiffer every single day that I see her. "As you know, we start flight lessons today. Any girls who still lack the ability to change their forms and ascend will sit on that bench." 

So saying, the aging fairy dressed in a smock points to a long bench on the side. "For those of you who can transform, stand in two neat lines, shoulder to shoulder on the opposite side." 

There was a rush to stand, and fairies mainly stood next to their dorm members, roommates, or friends. I stood with Stella and Tecna, with Flora and Musa stuck in the back row. 

"In groups of five, you will attempt this flight course." Griselda clapped her hands twice before shifting her fingers in a complicated way as she cast magic. 

Multiple rings appeared in the sky, golden in color, and of all different sizes. 

"Once you have completed that course twice, you will attempt a more...difficult course." I did not like the sudden gleam in Griselda's eye. Stella looked uneasy. 

Professor Griselda clapped her hands again, casting her spellwork to conjure--

In a flash of light, objects appeared in the air. Moving balls, floating obstacles, and objects that shifted up and down; left and right. 

My jaw did most certainly NOT drop, thank you very much. 

"Well...that's new." Stella gulped beside me. 

Even Tecna was wide-eyed as she stared at the course. "If this is what the practice course looks like, I hesitate to compute the difficulty level of the final test." 

I glanced at her. "How do you know what the finals will be?" 

Tecna shrugged, looking nervous as she stared upward. "I'm making an algorithm that takes class theoretical and applicable subjects and compares their importance and value to the possibility of being present in an end-of-term exam." 

"So, how's that working for you?" I ask, burying down my own anxieties and worries. 

She shrugged, looking uncertain. "I haven't managed to determine what will or won't be on the exams, but this weekend I plan to draw up a probability chart." 

I nod, biting my lip to avoid cursing. Apparently, young fairies aren't allowed to express themselves however they choose. 

Bloody buggering social etiquette.  

We've managed to do a thorough job breaking Tecna out of her drone-like state. She's still slow to pick up on some social cues. She's absolutely horrible when it comes to slang and half of Stella's barbs and jokes still fly right over her head. She has mastered the art of noticing expressions (much like how Musa can pick up what people feel but don't show her empathy), including mine. 

"Now, the groups will be divided from left to right." Griselda clapped her hands. "Chop chop." 

I was put in a group with Stella, Tecna, Luna, and Alice (the tall one from Amaryl's group). 

One by one, each group transformed into a light show of near-blinding slights and colors, ending with unique fairy forms that sparkled and glittered. 

Each fairy group flew through each of the rings with ease, their wings fluttering in a blur, their backs arching and waists shifting, legs bending and arms flexing as they gracefully surpassed each obstacle. 

I was reminded heavily of the flight simulator course at the Discovery Science Center, with the planes and the cloud rings you fly through. 

And in case you were wondering, there was an illusion field up, which only allowed us to see the obstacle course and the fairies, but we could neither hear what they said nor see what magic they used. We didn't find out the latter until we started the second course. 

Griselda had started from the back row, so about a half hour later, it was finally my group's turn to attempt the first course, which honestly looked easy. 

"Ladies, if you please." Griselda adjusted her glasses as she wrote down on her clipboard. She then pointed at us, and then to the green base platform, the only one on the ground, and our starting point.

"Your objective is to reach the final platform, traversing through and overcoming every obstacle," she stated. Once she saw that we were all attentive and eager to start, she said simply, "Transform!"

'--and rise up', I thought with a smirk, dropping four barriers of my mind shields.

I reached deep inside myself, diving into my subconscious to find the heart of my power, knowing that my irises were now glowing orange. The Dragon Flame appeared in front of me, and my mental avatar nuzzled him before he dove into the projection of myself--

--And burst out of my chest, 'Dragonhearted' softly playing as I rose in the air. My body vanished in a flash of orange light, orange, and red flames licking up the skin of my curves and dancing around my limbs, coiling and snaking around my torso and hips.

I sighed in bliss as my sparkling blue 'V' halter top burned its path over my breasts, around my upper back, the golden opal forming over my chest. My miniskirt shimmered into existence, and my mini boots with heels formed around my ankles and down.

Flames lovingly caressed my hair, spreading and freeing my locks, which gained a faint glow akin to fire light. My golden tiara appeared in my hair, perched atop my head as my aura manifested in a fierce orange halo around my curves and body.

And finally, my wings burst from my back, extending to their full wingspan. Shimmering, sparkling, gossamer wings.

I sighed in satisfaction, feeling my powers on a deeper, more intimate level. Behind and around me, I could hear the other girls pointing and whispering about my aura.

Seems others still have nothing better to do than to point and gossip about the unordinary behaviors and mannerisms of my magic and my actions (ignoring the fact that last week and this week have been...questionable at times--aka highly emotional with uncontrollable magic).

Stella was next to transform. "Hee-yaa!" My bestie tossed her ring into the air, which transformed in a flash of light into the glowing blue-white scepter with orange orbiting jewels.

She backflipped as she extended her hand, catching the heirloom, drawing from its power, and igniting her transformation, her eyes shining an alluring, glowing shade of gold. Stella's body glowed in a bright light that hid her transformation.

Her sparkling orange single-strap top formed over her upper chest, and down to just over her diaphragm. Her cute boyshorts followed, forming over her waist and down to the curve of her upper thighs. Her sparkling bracelets formed over her forearms, transparency, shimmering, pale blue.

Her heeled boots rose, starting from her feet up to just below her knees. Her hair was separated into two bunches, elegant hair ties pulling the silky blonde bunches into place. Her hairband appeared in her hair.

Her wings then sprouted from her back, one at a time, ending in the sparkling gossamer tri-leafy pattern.

Tecna transformed next, her irises shining with blue. Her body sparkled as her magic washed over her, hiding her nakedness in a bright green light. Starting from her fingertips up to her shoulders, the bluish-silver gloves and sleeves form, hiding her bare skin. More bluish-silver material formed over her knees, traveling downward to form heeled boots that covered her calves and forelegs.

Her purple suit formed over her skin, starting at the top of her neck and down over her collarbone, shaping around her small breasts, down over her tummy, and past her pelvis. The sparkling lavender-purple material went further, covering her shapely ass and flowing down her legs to reach her knees.

Finally, her digital wings sprouted from her back, tiny lime green magic jagged shapes with gaps in the middle, like crudely drawn ovals.

Luna glowed a mystical white, her irises turning a vivid shade of yellow.

Her miniskirt manifested in a sparkling silver-white, almost angelic and unique in its form. Her torso was covered by transparent silver fabric, with golden embroidery. Her top was in the same colors, slanted to the left, hiding more of her ribs on the right.

Her arms were covered with transparent sparkling gold material, from her elbows to her wrists. Her hair was pulled into two bangs at the front, and the rest of her hair extended, falling behind her down to the small of her back, just above her small hips.

Golden-heeled boots with silver decor appeared on her feet, riding up to her knees. Her wings sprouted from her back; tiny butterfly wings, shimmering white intermixed with a cloudy light blue.

Alice's eyes shined a bright emerald hue before her body was hidden in a blue light. Her fairy miniskirt had a slit on the opposite side of mine, and her top was identical to Stella's, bar the deep blue sparkling material.

Her transparent sparkling sleeves were emerald green, leaving her forearms and hands bare. Her hair was pulled into a single ponytail with a green band. Her mini-boot heels were a mix of elegant blue and sparkling emerald.

Her wings were tiny dragonfly wings, cute and simple, like an 'X' shape, the same color as her eyes.

When the light glow faded, all five of us were standing together, our auras brushing each other.

"Let's go girls!" Stella was the first to take to the air, scepter in hand, lighting the way.

We glanced at each other before we followed her lead. 

Clearly, Stella had done something similar to this before, as she flew through each of the rings with speed and grace. Once she reached the end, she waved cheekily at us. 

"Bloody showoff." I sighed, rolling my neck and popping my knuckles before I flared my power (a little flashy never hurt anyone) and dove down. 

Grinning like a bloody idiot, feeling the wind rush in my ear and my hair dance in the breeze, I shot through each of the hoops, diving, spinning mid-air, and then just for the fun of it, backflipping through one of the hoops. 

Still smiling, I landed on the platform beside Stella, who was looking at me wide-eyed. "Wow!" 

I grinned, catching my breath. "That...was awesome." 

"I'll say." Stella smirked before calling out, "Think you girls can top Bloom?" 

The trio glanced at each other before Luna flew her way through the rings, her movements almost like dancing as she arched and spun in the air. 

Alice and Tecna followed after, their movements less exaggerated, but no less graceful, or fluid. 

When they finished, we returned the way we came, cheers and whoops greeting us on our arrival. 

Griselda looked impressed but was trying not to show it. "Settle down, settle down ladies. Group four, you're next." 

She pulled them away as we changed back to our civilian forms, and I took in a gulp of air, breathing excitedly. 

"That was amazing, Bloom!" Flora exclaimed behind me. 

"It was nothing." I blushed, waving off her praise. 

"I gotta agree with Flora. You're a natural in the air, Bloom. It's like your birthright." Musa added. 

I turned redder, hiding my blush in the curtain of my red hair. She had no way of knowing that my skills came from James' genes; playing a lifetime of Quidditch, and that Domino fairies were some of the most natural fliers. 

Another half hour later (I guess there's a reason why class today was three bloody hours long), and everyone had finished with the obstacle course. Leading up to the next set of obstacles. 

"Now, this course is more difficult. Your wings will not be enough in this endeavor. You must also utilize your magic, and your minds." Griselda lectured. 

Stella was half-miming, half-mocking her behind me, causing Musa and one of Amaryl's girls to snicker. 

"I expect you all to indulge in some discipline and teamwork. Hence why I am keeping you in your current groups, which are not your dorm groups." The Head of Discipline adjusted her angular glasses. "There may be times when you will need to work with unfamiliar faces, as such, this is the training you need. This course will be graded on how best you participate, but there is no shame in failing this course. We will revisit this for the next two weeks, giving you--" 

After another two minutes of lecture, we went in the same groups as before, leaving us for the near end. 

And as expected, some fairy groups did not succeed. Others managed to overcome one or two of the obstacles, but the third seemed to trump everyone. Even Flora and Musa's group (who also had Terra) were struggling with each obstacle, from what I could tell from their body language. 

Plus, Musa was also struggling to stay in the air (that mental attack did a number on her), so there was that issue too. 

They hadn't managed to beat the third obstacle either, if you were wondering. 

As I said earlier, there was an illusion that hid what they did, and they were too high in the air for us to pick up what they were saying. 

An hour of comforting Flora & Musa, Stella's whining out of boredom, and Tecna's twitchy fingers (someone has technology withdrawal) later, and it was time for our turn. 

We retransformed in our own flashy ways before fluttering our wings and propelling ourselves into the air onto the floating platform, staring (gulping in fear) at our challenge. 

Our first obstacle was five massive floating balls.  

"Easy." Stella snorted, before flying forward, ignoring Tecna and my calls for her to come back. 

Unexpectedly, the ball shifted, and Stella flew face-first into the smooth rounded space. "Uhmph!" 

I ignored Amaryl and her giggling girls down below, flying forward to peel Stella away from the massive floating yellow ball. 

"Now what?" Stella groaned, rubbing her head with one hand as she held onto her scepter with the other, the latter arm wound around my shoulder. 

"Now, we figure out its limits," I mutter, before nodding to Tecna. "Ready?" 

"Ready." She agreed. 

"What's the plan?" Alice asked, sounding nervous. 

"We follow Bloom's lead," Luna said softly. 

Tecna summoned her shield around herself and flew forward to the left, and I copied her, conjuring my sphere of flames, heading to the right. 

The ball instantly moved, heading for Tecna first. She yelped as the ball slammed into her shield, sending her flying through the air before Stella caught her. "Gotcha!" 

"Thanks." Tecna's wings flapped as she flew back into the fray. 

Taking the hint, Luna flew upwards while Alice flew down, only for the first ball to react, diving up to block Luna's path, and down to stop Alice in her flight. 

I frowned, thinking hard. The ball blocked us no matter the direction, but...it had to be based on something...

Thats it! 

"Movement!" I said aloud as I snapped my fingers. 

The other girls looked at me in surprise. 

"Huh?" Alice said. 

"Movement," I repeated. "It works on movement. It senses our motion nearby, and so it is drawn towards it." 

"Which means that in order to navigate safely around, we need to create something that has a similar size and magical presence as us to occupy the detection field of the ball," Tecna concluded. 

"Uh...what" Both Alice and Stella looked confused. 

I laughed lightly. "I think what Tecna means is that we need to create an obvious diversion with our magic to trick the ball into letting us pass." 

Tecna looked confused. "That is what I stated, is it not?" 

"Less technobabble, they have trouble sometimes." I winked at Tecna before forming a ball of my power. "Let's see you fall for this!" 

I hurled it to the left. Immediately, the ball darted toward my magic fireball, which dissipated upon contact. 

"Right, Bloom, you take point." Stella decided. 

I glanced back. "Why me?" 

The other girls glanced at each other before looking back. 

"Because you lead," Luna said, and Merlin, I swear that there was a double meaning behind that. 

Not for the first time, I wondered if she had some trace of my--Harry's Luna Lovegood in her. 

I sighed. "Alright girls, Winx. Make your spheres, and follow my lead. On my signal, we go." 

But I internally protest; I hate leading others. It never goes well. 

I put my hands together again, forming a massive ball of fire. The other girls flew into flanking positions around me. "Let's move as one, get your magic ready to throw." 

"We're ready, Bloom," Alice said. Stella nodded, Tecna looked determined. And Luna looked dreamy. 

Despite my hesitation and inner self-loathing and warring grief, the corner of my lips turned up as I saw them congregate around me and felt their auras brush mine. "Then go!" 

I hurled the ball and flew to the right, the other girls hot on my heels. The massive ball lumbered to the left, just as we all flew. 

"Shoot right!" I barked, and Stella hurled her ball of sunlight. 

The second ball lumbered out of the way, and we passed safely on the left. The third ball was rapidly approaching us, so I made the call, and Luna's magic ball was launched to the left, as we dived to the right. 

After overcoming the fourth and fifth balls, we all cheered. 

Two more obstacles remained. 

A spinning beam that had flames on the ends. It spun so fast that the flames became a ring of fire, with the most minuscule of gaps. 

Thinking that I could simply manipulate my element, I smirked. "Easy." 

I extended my hands, reaching out to smother the flames, only for a geyser of fire and ash to blast right at us. 

Stella and Alice yelped. Tecna 'eep'ed as she dodged, and Luna hummed as she gracefully dodged. 

I yelped as I tried to dodge and failed--flames lashing out and tearing into the skin of my arm with unfamiliar heat. I hissed in pain, quickly clamping my other hand over my burning flesh, pulling the heat away.  

Okay, lesson learned, don't assume that just because you control an element it will always respond the way you want it to. 

"That...is problematic." I winced in pain, channeling a small amount of healing magic into my irritated, swollen, and rapidly-peeling skin. I haven't felt fire used against me in a long time--technically a lifetime--so the feeling is both foreign and unwelcome.

I glanced at the girls, checking them over for injuries, but was relived to find none. "Sorry girls." 

"We're fine," Luna said dreamily, somehow answering the unspoken question I had. 

Way to make a gal suspicious, Luna. 

"It's ok, Bloom." Alice smiled, forgiving. 

"No one was hurt, so we can forgive you." Stella winked. 

Tecna was alarmed. "You're hurt, Bloom." 

"It's nothing." I waved it off, wincing at the searing pain. I haven't felt a burn at all in this life, literally because fire is mine to command, and because I am one with the Dragon Flame. "I've had worse." 

Stella and Tecna's faces darkened a little, and I winced again, knowing that they were more sensitive, and wouldn't take as well to my morbid humor. 

Luna looked serene and Alice looked curious but shy. 

I twisted so I could look at my arm, and put my hand over the burns, draining the heat. I sighed, it still stung, and there was some burned flesh, but it wasn't too bad. My skin would regenerate within fifteen minutes or so. 

Thoroughly cowed and disarmed of my arrogance, I turned to the other girls. "Any ideas?" 

Stella frowned, looking very hesitant and unsure. "I...don't know. You're the fire fairy, and if it didn't work for you..." 

Alice drew herself up. "Then it's a good thing I'm a mist fairy." 

We glanced at her as she summoned a powerful jetstream of mist and water vapor that fell over the spinning fire fans. The flames started to sputter as the water douses them, but--

"It won't be enough." I frowned. "If I can't contain the flames, then we need something that can." 

I looked at Tecna. "A digital shield." 

Her eyes lit up. "Of course! I can make a DIGI-field!" 

Tecna raised her hands, her fingertips sparkling with her green magic (the little 1s and 0s of code barely visible in the green sparkles). "Coded Force Field!" 

A net of digital energy appeared around the spinning pole, which folded in and collapsed upon itself until it took the shape of the beam, effectively smothering the flames. 

"Whoo hoo!" I whooped. 

"YES!" Stella and Alice cheered. 

Luna simply smiled. 

"All right Tecna, good job." I praised, grinning at the rising pink flush that rose on her cheeks. Compliments were something that she was slowly getting used to as well, but blushed like a nervous Neville or younger Harry every time. 

It was honestly cute. 

Flying through the obstacle after that was easy, leaving the final threat in our path. 

A bloody hovering slide. 

"You're kidding me." I scowl. "What's the obstacle here?" 

Tecna froze as she drew her aura back in, her eyes widening in alarm. "There are paralysis fields. The only way is through that tunnel." 

"Sounds simple then." Stella shrugged, before fluttering her wings and speeding into the tube. We waited for her to come out to the other side, only to yelp and take evasive maneuvers as she barreled out of our end. 

"What the bloody hell, Stella!" I panted. 

"What?" Stella huffed, looking very confused. "I just flew through." 

"Your eyes must be deceiving you, Stella." Alice giggled. "You came out of the same side that you flew in from." 

"Huh?" Stella's confusion caused us to giggle. 

Tecna's eyes glowed as she used Fairy Sight. "I do not see a way around this obstacle. The paralysis fields are still up." 

I frowned, crossing my arms under my breasts, over my abs. "Maybe it reacts to our elements like how the fire reacted to me?" 

Tecna frowned. "By that logic, most of our elements should be countered." 

"But...I was able to use water vapor, and you used your magic to control the flames." Alice protested. 

"That is true." Tecna agreed. "But this whole obstacle course negates our elemental advantages. Luna uses love magic. Bloom uses fire magic. I use techno-magic. Stella uses Sun magic. And you use water particle magic." 

I could see where she was going with this. "Then if we can't take advantage of our elements and magic, then we have to think outside the box." 

Stella snapped her fingers. "That's it, Bloom, you're a genius!" 

I blinked. "I am?" 

Stella nodded. "When I go in, did the paralysis field get affected at all?" 

Tecna blinked in surprise. "I...didn't get any readings." 

In other words, she didn't know. 

I looked at the sun and moon fairy. "Stella, can you dive back in?" 

"It would be my pleasure." Stella grinned. "But, I think that we could do with some extra light. Radiant Sun!" 

Her body began to glow and shine with her magic, not unlike my aura, but it wasn't an outer manifestation of her magic, but a spell that made her body glow and shine with the brightness of a star. 

"Go girl." I encouraged. "Tecna, get ready." 

Stella winked at us before diving into the tunnel. 

Tecna raised her hand to her temple as she lifted her other and aimed it at the general area. "Static Scan!" 

All of us activated our Fairy Sight, studying the sickly greenish-yellow electric field lines, like one big massive military fence. 

Tecna's spell splashed over the field, and she noticed something else. "Huh, strange." 

"What is it?" I asked, just before Stella came shooting back out. 

"That--s--disorienting." Stella shook her head. 

"Very strange indeed." Tecna mused. 

"Tecna, what is it?" Alice asked nervously. 

"My readings indicate that while Stella was traveling through the tunnel, the paralysis field lost its effects." She explained. 

My eyes widened. "I get it! It's like using a pressure plate to open a door." 

"But in this context, it is a fairy flying into a tunnel to decativate the field so that the fairies can pass." Stella beamed. "We solved it!" 

"We still have to get through." I studied our problem. Surely it couldn't be that simple? What about Stella, once we passed how would she get through? "And what do we do about Stella?" 

"The tunnel can be accessed on either side." Tecna assessed. "Likely, it will function the same way that we're expecting Stella's side to." 

I bit my lip, thinking, '...and having someone else step on a second pressure plate on the opposite side to keep it open. Huh.'

Stella bit her lip. "Well, see you soon." She flew back into the tunnel--third time's the charm. 

We vibrated nervously, waiting for Tecna to give us the signal. 

"Now!" 

Trusting her, we dove around the tube, gritting our teeth and bracing our bodies for the feeling of magical paralysis and electric discomforts...that never came. 

We reconvened on the other side, using our Fairy Sight to notice that the electric lines and grid became thicker and clearer, less opaque. The reason for that became apparent as we saw a familiar shining star emerge. 

"So, Stella entered from that side, think this side is also safe?" I couldn't help but ask Tecna. 

She shrugged. "I have no data to believe otherwise." 

I shrugged myself, then looked at the girls. "Anyone want to dive, or should I?" 

Alice glanced at the tunnel's dark, gaping maw nervously. Tecna looked hesitant. Luna looked, well, like Luna looks: uncaring and dreamy. 

Huffing, I took their silence as hesitancy, and for once, I allowed my Gryffindor side to emerge. 

I flared my aura, brightening my orange halo that clung to my curves like a beautiful fog. My heartbeat quickened with the pace of my wings as I braved the unknown, diving right in. 

I will say one thing: it was dark. Flaring my magic to brighten my halo, casting the colors of fire light around me, the lying salvation of a shining tunnel straight ahead. 

I tapped into the Dragon Flame, hearing him roar before my wings gained more speed, and I shot out of the end, nearly slamming into Alice and Stella. 

"YIPE!" I yelped as I dove downward, still hyped on adrenaline and momentum, taking graceful curves in the air before flying back up. 

"That was quite a scream." Stella's lips twitched, and I stuck out my tongue for her teasing. 

"Nice one," Alice said shyly. 

"That was rather fast," Tecna noted. 

"I like speed," I said, knowing my cheeks were flushed, and I had a silly grin on my face. 

"We're at the end." Luna interrupted us, pointing to the floating platform. 

Pumped up on our victory, especially since we had beaten the third obstacle, jubilant that we were the first to succeed. 

Once all our feet touched the surface of the platform, we were teleported back down, where we were met with cheers and applause. 

"Excellent teamwork, girls." Griselda grudgingly praised us. "Tactical use of your magic, even with a few blunders." 

Stella and I flushed pink, knowing that the barb was meant for us. 

"Even so, you performed admirably well. Rejoin the other girls, there will be no homework today." 

We all cheered and flew back to the line, where Musa and Flora were eagerly waiting for us. 

"So, heard the news?" Musa winked. 

"Why would you not tell us?" Stella bemoaned. "This is something to be celebrated!" 

"Shh." Flora glanced around at the girls who hadn't been told. "Don't spoil it for the other girls." 

"Pish posh." Stella sniffed. "We should go out and celebrate." 

I huffed. "I have homework." 

"Don't be a spoilsport," Stella whined, latching onto my arm. 

I sent the Winx a 'help-me' look, but they chose to sneak away. 

"Come on, Bloom, please?" Stella gave me her best puppy eyes. "We can go out to Magix City for dinner, it's not mandatory, and I know how much you'd like to see a certain someone." 

"I have no idea what you're talking about." I wrenched my arm free, ignoring my heated cheeks. 

Bloody best friends and their obnoxious teasing. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

221 23 10
In this Harry Potter fan fiction, the Dursley family shower Harry with love and care from a young age, shaping him into a confident and compassionate...
37.6K 1.1K 29
*•.~(Harry Potter x Fem! Reader) *** "Well," said Harry. "There's always Moaning Myrtle," Y/N laughed. "Like I said, you both have to grit your teeth...
3.5K 141 12
This is a fanfiction! The major shipping are Harry x Hermione, Draco x Ginny, and Neville x Luna. IF YOU CAN RESPECT THE SHIPS, THEN PLEASE PROCEED...
1M 31.8K 50
Harry Potter. The Boy-Who-Lived, Hero of the Wizarding World, Master of Death. He was loyal to his friends. He would even sacrifice his life to save...