His Fairy

By WYLD_ROSE

Final book of the Jackson Series! Faye West is struggling to find friendship in college when Noah Jackson sh... More

AN: IMPORTANT!
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24

5

995 76 3
By WYLD_ROSE

Chapter Five - West Versus Jackson

Faye West's P.O.V.

"I hate you!" Lilah snaps playfully as she grabs the tennis ball before resuming the game.

"It is what it is!" I shrug with a cheeky smile.

We're at one of the tennis courts playing because Lilah walked in on me stressing about a huge assignment's result that's due today. She forced me outside for some fresh air and a distraction which has helped thankfully. Lilah had joined the tennis club shortly after we met and we've been playing regularly ever since.

"Wait a second." I call out as we finish the game and are about to start another. I pull out my phone to see a text from Noah asking where I am and quickly reply to him.

"Is that your boyfriend Noah?" Lilah teases and my eyes widen in surprise.

"No! Shut up!" I blush with a shake of my head. "We're just dormmates."

"Bet you wish you were more though." She winks while serving.

"He just got out of a relationship Lilah. I doubt he wants to jump headfirst into another one." I roll my eyes as I hit the ball.

"Oh honey, everyone on campus knows about his breakup." She shakes her head before smirking. "You didn't deny it though!"

I shrug only to wince when she squeals loudly. "Okay he's cute and I do like him but nothing's going to happen. He wouldn't want someone like me anyways."

"What do you mean someone like you?!" Lilah frowns before scoring against me. "You're smart, kind, gorgeous and fun to hang out with."

"Thanks Lilah." I shoot her an appreciative smile. "I just feel like we won't fit well that's all."

"Time will tell but I'm calling it! You and Noah are going to end up together."

"Speak of the devil." I nod towards the side where Noah and some of his friends have arrived.

I wave him over but notice Noah's gaze roam over my outfit and slowly down my legs which makes my heart race giddily. I took off my sweater so I'm currently in a sports bra and a tennis skirt. Calming myself down I greet the rest of his friends with a smile as he introduces us.

There's Dakota, Shane and his girlfriend Jess, Cruz and his girlfriend Mia, and lastly Kane. The boys are part of the soccer team too and apparently that's where they all met. Mia and Jess are studying in different universities in Massachusetts, Jess is doing medicine while Mia is studying engineering.

"Wow!" Kane steps towards Lilah with a hand over his heart and a boyish smile. "You're –"

"She's taken." Noah yanks him back by his collar.

"By who? I don't see him." Kane makes a show of looking around.

"He doesn't go here." Lilah smiles as she crosses her arms.

"Even better!" He smirks devilishly before getting whacked on the back of his head by Dakota.

Kane grumbles under his breath and then spots me. His eyes light up as he saunters over. "Hello gorgeous –"

"Fuck no!" Noah grunts before shoving him away from me.

"You're literally killing the mood man!"

Lilah stares at me pointedly but I look away. There's nothing between me and Noah for me to even think about the possibilities. No matter how much I'd like to. I clue back into Jess talking about a new club she's joined. Kane enters our circle again and he smiles widely at me which drops within seconds when Noah drapes his arm across my shoulders.

"You okay?" Noah whispers while we're all mingling.

No, you make me so damn nervous! I think to myself but end up nodding with a confused smile. "Yeah why?"

"I stopped by the dorm to find it spotless and enough muffins to feed my whole team on the counter." He arches a brow with an amused smirk.

Noah too caught on quickly to the fact that I bake and clean when I'm stressed. I'm not good at cooking but baking I can do with ease. "I'm just a little worried about my assignment."

"Just a little eh?" He chuckles lowly which makes me blush. "When do the results come out?"

"Ten minutes." I smile nervously and point at the court with my racket. "Thought I'd blow off some steam."

"Didn't know you played West. Think you can give me a run for my money?"

"I know I can." I grin cheekily eliciting a loud laugh from him. "Show me what you've got Jackson."

"You're about to lose Noah. She's unbeatable!" Lilah grins as everyone steps to the side to watch our match.

"Well in that case I bet Faye wins." Mia winks at me and I laugh as everyone starts placing their bets too.

They act as a great crowd cheering us on and booing Noah which makes me smirk. He takes it all in stride though and plays quite well which surprises me. But of course, in the end I beat him fair and square with a smug smile. Immediately, I'm challenged to another match but this time Lilah and Dakota join us. We all spend the rest of the evening playing tennis and chatting. I end up getting along nicely with all of them, especially Jess since we have a lot in common.

"How about we have a girl's night tomorrow?" Mia suggests as she nudges Jess with her elbow. "It's been a long week and I could do with some pampering."

"I'm down." I nod as Lilah and Jess agree too.

Cruz overhears and pouts once Mia tells him that the boys aren't invited. I chuckle when him and Kane pester her until she gives in but the second they hear about masks and manicures they decline. She rolls her eyes in response before telling them they can join when we put on a movie.

I walk away to put on my sweater and grab my bag before turning to see Noah stepping towards me. "Ready to go?"

"I need to do a grocery run so I'll see you back at the dorm?"

"It's going to rain Faye and I don't want you walking back drenched." He frowns as he peers up at the cloudy grey skies. "I'll drive you since I need to pick up some things myself anyways."

"Alright." I nod before we bid goodbye to everyone else and walk over to his car.

I reply to Abel's texts as we drive to the nearest store with music playing softly. Out of the corner of my eye I see Noah's fingers tap against the steering wheel in time to the beat which makes me smile. We run through a list of what we need as we make our way inside and he follows behind pushing a cart. The number of people in here has dwindled so I take my time in grabbing everything.

"Onto the good stuff." Noah grins boyishly as we enter the candy aisle. "Did you check your results by the way? How'd you do?"

"Got a ninety-five." I smile widely and pretend to wipe sweat off my brow.

"No big deal huh?" He teases which causes me to roll my eyes. "I honestly don't know why you stress so much."

"This professor's an asshole and marks harshly. I'm already dreading his paper for the final exam!" I huff as I pick up our favorite snacks.

"Who is it?"

"Harrison." I reply as I walk back to him.

A sharp whistle escapes his lips before he laughs. "I've heard about him! Good luck passing the finals!"

"Noah!" I groan with a shake of my head as he speeds away with the cart cackling.

He waits for me at the start of the aisle with an amused smile before we make our way to the checkout. I try to take one of the bags off him but he rushes out the exit and proceeds to do bicep curls with them. Rolling my eyes, I'm about to get into the car when he stops me. He nods to the park and soccer field in the distance with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"How about you play some soccer with me?" He proposes as he grabs a ball from the car. "Only fair since I played tennis with you and hey, maybe it'll change your mind and you'll attend a game of mine."

I'm about to refuse and point out that it's drizzling but then I pause. "Sure, but I must warn you, I don't think I'll be any good. Not to your standards anyways."

"We'll see about that! First to three goals?" He suggests as we walk down towards the empty park.

I nod as he runs onto the pitch and kicks the ball up into his hands. Even though it's a miserable evening and the sky has turned darker with only the harsh glow of the field's flood lights to illuminate us his smile shines bright with excitement. His explanation of the game goes over my head as expected but I nod in pretend understanding.

We kick things off and I'm astounded by his speed as he sprints towards the goal and fires the ball inside the net. He turns towards me with a cheeky grin and I find myself enjoying the game as we run around the field laughing and yelling.

"Goal! Yay! Did you see that?!" I cheer when I finally manage to kick the ball in only to frown when Noah bites his lip to stifle his smile. "What?"

"That's your own goal darlin'. Doesn't count."

"What?!" I exclaim in shock and try not to squeal over the endearment. "I don't believe you!"

"I pointed it out at the start! That's why I've been scoring in that net the whole time." He chuckles as he walks over to me. "Did little Faye get excited and forgot?"

"Oh, shut up!" I huff and swat his arm with a frown. "Can't we count that as a goal for me? Please?!"

"No." He smirks smugly and I make a noise between frustration and anger. "We'll go again. If I score another time then I win."

"Yeah, yeah...whatever." I mumble as the rain comes down harder upon us.

He stares at me with a small smile and something indecipherable flickers in his eyes before we resume the game. I give it all I've got and just when Noah's about to score I tackle him. He slips and falls because of the wet grass while I take the ball and race towards the net. I hear him laugh before he's running after me making me squeal as he grabs me by my waist right before I'm about to score.

"Noah! Just let me have one goal!" I shriek as he takes the ball once more.

I'm about to run after him when he slips halfway across the field which makes us both burst into a fit of laughter. He punches the ground before yelling, "Dammit!"

I manage to steal the ball in that time and score a goal in the correct net. He chuckles breathlessly before running a hand through his wet hair and I swear, my heart skips a beat over how gorgeous he looks. Why does he have to be exactly my type? I groan mentally as we continue playing.

Eventually, Noah wins which we both saw coming. We're drenched and shivering yet wide smiles are plastered across our lips as we make our way back to the car. I can't deny that that was fun even though I didn't understand any of the rules.

"So, how about attending my next game?"

"Nope!" I shake my head and grin when he pouts.

"Come on Faye! Just come to one game!" He pleads and grabs my arm to stop me. "I'll even let you wear my jersey."

I jump up and down with a mock excited squeal. "Oh my god really?! Noah Jackson the star quarterback is going to give me his jersey?!"

"I'm getting sarcastic vibes from you and I don't appreciate it."

"You better trust those vibes then because it's true." I drop my fake joyful expression before walking away.

"One day you'll be sitting in the crowds cheering me on." He states confidently once he catches up to me.

"We'll see." I grin up at him but it falters a little when I catch his eyes roaming over my body again.

He locks eyes with me before a small yet shy smile blooms across his lips. "You look cute in your tennis outfit."

"Thanks. It's a shame I look like a drowned rat now." I laugh and he joins in.

"That makes two of us." He winks as we reach the car and I hesitate to get in realizing that my clothes are incredibly wet.

"Hold on, I'll put something on our seats." He mumbles as he opens the back door. He places his jacket on my seat and I shoot him a grateful smile before sitting down. I buckle up as he covers his own seat before starting the car.

"Here." Noah holds out a blanket for me and I grab it in surprise. He suddenly becomes nervous and rubs the back of his neck. "I uh...I still need to get the air con fixed and you were cold last time so...yeah."

"Thank you Noah." I cover myself and hold it up to my chin. "You're so sweet."

He only smiles adorably in response before putting on some music. Pretty and thoughtful, I think to myself. Is it too late to admit that I'm crushing hard on Noah Jackson?

I bite my lip as I stare out the window, suddenly feeling bummed out over the reminder of his recent relationship. I glance over at him and he meets my gaze for a quick second as he's watching the traffic but the quirk of his lips and his lovely green eyes are enough to make my heart race yet ache at the same time. A feeling I've never experienced before or thought possible.

Oh, how I wish you were mine.

Update schedule is: two or three times a week whenever I find time!

Vote if you are enjoying this story!

Chapter 6 is already up on Inkitt! Follow the instructions below or in my announcement post to read my book faster!

1. Download the app

2. Follow my profile

3. Put my book in your reading list!

- R.W. ♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 6K 35
Official Wattpad Creator, and super proud of it! Maddox has been in love with Rose for a few months now. Just like an angel, she has captured his hea...
6.1K 305 13
"There's just something about you" he said looking at me, almost like he could see my soul "Something about me?... it's the chase Elliot, you'll g...
251K 13.6K 30
Book 2 of the Jackson Series! With a family that wants nothing to do with her and nobody by her side to pick her up when she falls, Zoe Miller is str...
449K 21.3K 30
Book 1 of the Jackson Series! Ella finally gets an opportunity to escape the clutches of her cruel tormentor before fate leads her to Ryder Jackson...