Blaidd x Male reader (Back in...

By Theweirdone1212

Realized that writing a story was fun so I'm doing it here. THIS FOLLOWS MOST OF YOUR POV UNLESS INDICATED B... More

Acronyms and Background Music!
Chapter 1 - He seems...ok
Chapter 2 - An Accident
Chapter 3 - Day 1
Chapter 4 - Illusions (18+ GRAPHIC)
Chapter 5 - Day 2 part 1 (18+?)
Chapter 7 - Day 2 part 3 (Blood and self harm 18+)
Chapter 8 - Day 2, part 4 (A deal with a ???)
Chapter 9 - Bonds
Chapter 10 - Merricks Market
Chapter 11 - Fort Haight Part 1 (Violence and graphic 18+)
Chapter 12 - Fort Haight Part 2
Chapter 13 - Sweet Dreams? (Spicy ;) 18+)
Chapter 14 - Does He?

Chapter 6 - Day 2 part 2

245 6 2
By Theweirdone1212

I need to remember to keep my magic down to a level one, I don't want Blaidd knowing my full strength just in case. What can I do to show I know magic but not enough to let him study me? I pause for a minute as I ponder what I should do. 

We are near water... and Blaidd knows how to use ice, so I guess ice should be a good start. A small crystal should be fine, nothing too easy or hard. Blaidd's Ice is super easy to copy since it's just ice but I can't show him I can copy people's magic. 

I'm overthinking this too much. 

"Alright if you wanna see what I can do, don't think I can just become a god for a second."

He nods while waiting for me to begin. 

I rub my hands together while blowing air on them. Frost starts to build up from the tips of my fingers and starts to spread to the palms of my hands. The nice cold feeling spreads through my hands, it's not painful or anything, I like having the freezing temperature in this hot weather.  

I look back at the pool of water behind me and start forcing the water up around me. A nice round glob of water forms above me. It's enough to not look easy but not difficult.

A/N: if you want put the song Le Monde by Richard Carter during this. I just thought this was funny when I finished this chapter.

I divide the water into 7 groups and let them flow around me as if they were dancing. I move and bend my body around them, dancing with the water as if I were a part of them. I used to do this for my cousins back then, to entertain them during the tantrums they would have. My grandmother taught me this when I needed to concentrate or calm down.

The water begins to glow with blue vibrant colors, illuminating the area with a warm glow. My movements begin to increase in speed as I get into different positions. I start getting creative by freezing 3 of the orbs into flowers letting their sharp petals explode into a frenzy. I use them as throwing darts by launching them into a nearby tree drawing an arch, missing its other half.

I can feel the water as if it were my blood, my body, my very being. 

It wasn't long until I looked back at Blaidd, his deep purple-colored eyes concentrated on me. It's almost enchanting, his mouth is slightly open in awe.

I speed up my movements, my breath quickening as I maneuver around the glowing crystal-clear water. 

I start to merge the remaining droplets into shards once again with delicate engravings, those of ancient designs from long ago that I've seen in the books I've read. The water starts to harden as it rolls off my skin, making small prickles that barely cause any harm to me. 

I finally allow the shard to float slowly around my wrist as I use my index and middle finger to point at the tree, using my thumb to aim. Time stops as I let go of my creation, allowing them to venture off, and drive themselves into the dark wood. 

the second half of the arch finally completes the first arch, like partners reuniting once again after being separated. 

A heart

I look at my work, catching my breath for a moment before turning to the shocked wolf, his eyes still trained on the tree. He slowly turns to me with admiration in his eyes and a hint of respect. 

"That... was, Beautiful," he says slowly getting and heading to the tree. 

I can't help but soak myself in his compliment with a smug look on my face. Of course it was, I did it anyway. 

"How did you learn how to control it so well? I haven't seen many people pull this type of act off." he examines the engraved shards, and touches the petals with delicacy, not wanting to cut his fingers. 

"I was taught by a family member, it wasn't too hard," I say walking next to him as he keeps looking at the tree. 

"You've got a special talent, I don't think I could pull this off, mate." 

"well...what can you do anyways, all I've seen is you wielding that huge sword of yours" I take a moment to poke some fun at him. "And you almost turned me into a human kebab with ice" 

I see him wince a bit before turning around to look at me with an embarrassed face.

"Again, sorry bout that mate"

I can't help but feel a little mean for saying that, but as funny as it might be to me, he still doesn't like thinking about his adventuring partner getting hurt. I can't help it, I've practically almost died hundreds of times, so it wasn't uncommon to not get attacked once in a while. 

"Well, if you don't mind, what else can you do?" I ask trying to lighten up the mood. I also want to see what he has under his belt, it might be useful to understand what his capabilities are. He's only seen a fraction of what I can do, so I win no matter what.

"W..well, I guess I can repay you for a performance like that." He composed himself and looked at me with serious stature, a smug look creeping up onto his face. "That is if you do not get jealous of my skills.

"Pfft, sure whatever" I roll my eyes and sit down next to Torrent, "Hurry it up, we're burning daylight" 

"Wow, so persistent, Whatever you say sunshine"  He grabs his great sword and hauls it over his shoulder as he walks away into a clearing where I was before. 

I can feel myself getting a little warmer each time he uses that damn nickname. 

He starts his stance off by lowering his stance to the ground, his determined expression indicates his concentration on his "Show". I need to catch every move he makes. 

He swings his sword in front of him, and as he does, he keeps the momentum going by quickly stepping around to follow up with another swing, this time quicker and more force. He's able to move that gigantic weapon as if it were nothing, his muscles carrying it as if it were a part of his own body. Speaking of,  His tan shirt and pants are the only thing he's wearing other than his armor. His brachial muscles are strained, and popping out like a sore thumb. His pectoral muscles push up against his shirt but not enough to completely rip them. 

God, I need to focus. 

The wolf is still swinging low to the ground, he doesn't change much in his attacks other than some overhand and underhand strikes. His swings come from the left of him which seems pretty constant considering he uses his right hand the most. Right-hand dominant. 

The wolf moves faster and the air gets colder, He changes his attack frequency and starts to swirl his sword around him while still standing in place. The wind coming from his sword hits my skin and feels as if I was in the middle of winter. 

During this process he jabs his sword in the direction of the tree, sending a small little icicle into the middle of the heart.

I Can't help but focus on the tree, watching as the projectile gets stuck into the wood, settling halfway, as a small amount of mist is being released from the icicle.

 The heart that I made, and he aimed for. 

Mocking my moves huh, of course he would. I roll my eyes seeming unphased by his gesture.

He glances at and smirks and he gets closer to the end of his act. The moisture of the air gets turned into ice and snow, covering him in a tornado filled with freezing wind. I can't see him anymore, I can't track any of his movements. 

Torrent gets scared and stands up, letting me fall to the ground after leaning on him, and starts trotting away from the storm in front of us. 

Before I know it, the storm settles and the snow begins to fall slowly, some getting onto my clothing, and a shiver going up my spine. I look around waiting for Blaidd to appear, but I find nothing in the end. I get up and look around, confused about where he might have gone.

Did he turn into snow? Oh my god did he just disintegrate himself into ice!?

I'm unable to collect my thoughts before the wolf lands 5 feet in front of me, his sword digging into the ground. As he pulls the slice of metal out of the ground, he jumps forward with a somersault. Before it can get to me, he lands in direct fire of the ice, covering me from the oncoming danger. 

"BLAI-"

Before I can call out for him, he gets hit and the ice encases his body. He's turned into an ice cube, becoming a mold for the cold to wrap around him. 

I watch in shock as it goes silent, did he just kill himself?

I walk up to the cube and see a clear version of the wolf, his expression frozen and emotionless. 

When touching the surface of the block, it sticks to my skin. I can feel it radiate freezing air off of the surface. 

"Blaidd?" 

No response, 

"Blaidd!"

I feel a small gust of warm air coming from my left ear

"Boo"

The next few moments are spent me blasting Blaidd with a ball of energy again, bright golden light sending him flying to torrent. It wasn't as hard as last time, but just enough to knock him on his ass.

"STOP DOING THAT!" I exclaim, annoyed by the constant scaring. 

He grunts and chuckles again, beginning to laugh at the similar situation he promised not to do. "Awe, where did the sympathy head off to? Do you even care about me" He gets up and brushes himself off, seemingly taking off a thick layer of ice he had in front of his body. "You know, I'm starting to predict how you are going to react." He holds up the sheet of ice, showing that it's the only reason he isn't hurt. 

He is quick in his thinking. He knew I would react that way if he scared me again. That sheet of ice was the only thing he needed to protect himself. 

He is also smart I'll give him that, it usually takes people more than once to learn to think ahead of their actions. 

I cross my arms and turn away from him like an angry child, looking back at the "fake" wolf. encased in ice. It's weird, seeing two of them. 

"Wow, you even got that ugly snout correct," I mock him with the sneaky trick he pulled on me. 

"well I think this fella looks handsome" he walks next to me looking at his creation. 

We stand there in silence doing nothing but staring at this block of ice. I decided to break the silence with a question

"Can you get rid of this thing, it's starting to make me feel weird seeing two of you, one of them being frozen and dead?" I look up at him.

"They're not alive you know" He lifts his great sword and touches the tip of the blade onto the ice, causing a burst of snow to fly around in flurries. It's warm yet it looks like it's winter, the ice doesn't seem to melt all that easily. I'm guessing his ice is heat-resistant, which is ironic. I need to take a sample and try to copy it. 

I try covering it up by grabbing some of the snow and packing it into a snowball, successfully letting my magic analyze it and get down its components. I look at Blaidd walking away and putting on his armor.

"Alright, that's enough fooling around, we must head towards-" He's cut off by my snowball hitting the back of his neck. He turns with a goofy grin on his face. I can see the familiar fang poke out just like before. 

The next 15 minutes is us just playing around in the snow until the snow starts to calm down and we start packing up.

 While packing, it dawned on me, that Blaidd was able to sneak up on me very easily. Who knows how long he was standing behind me? I only noticed when he "voluntarily" said something. If wanted he could've just sliced my head off and continued with the mission, saying I didn't make it. I can't help but overthink about that, I'm losing focus again, why can't I focus when I need to? 

I look in his direction, watching him putting on his plated boots, his back to me. He probably thinks I can't hurt him even if I tried. Unless he already trusts me to not betray him. 

My mind is going in spirals, my thoughts washing over every wrinkle of my brain. 

"You ready, 'cause' we've got miles of ground to cover," He says, snapping me back into reality.

"Uh yeah, just need to grab one more thing," I say looking back at the tree we abused and used as target practice. The ice has mostly melted by now, leaving small chunks of the heart remaining. However, his icicle still looks intact, reflecting its unmelted state. It's in the middle of what used to be a perfect heart. My heart.

He can't already trust me... Can he?

"Welp, since you look ready, I'll see ya there sunshine." He says before darting off into the woods, his bag on his back. 

"W-wait up!" I run and signal torrent to me, allowing me to get onto him with ease.

That damn wolf, how do you do this?

Authors Note:

Hi, lol. It has been a very, very, very, very, long time since an update dropped.  I just got home and I'm finally on break! so expect quicker updates from now on.

Other than that, How was this chapter? I want some more feedback if I can get any, Im trying not to rush the story a little bit so I can make it a little longer than usual. But if it's too slow, I can also slow down as well.

More is coming, just very slow on it than before. I do have a draft though so more or less it's planned out. 

I'm also going to delete the "Where's the new chapter" update cause that's no longer needed. I think I will use the "Conversations" tab on my profile to update anything about this story. I'm not using this as a way to gain followers since I don't think it affects anything progress-wise. Just something I discovered while looking around this website. 

Concerning the rating on this story, would it be better to mark it as mature? I don't know if it will force everyone to have an account that is "of age" since it will get detailed the further we go along this story. Or should I leave it as is and let everyone see it and mostly give warnings in the chapter about the content coming up, along with an SFW summary? I'm leaning towards the Mature rating of course looking back at it now but we will see!

I'll talk to you all later! once the other chapter is released!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12K 185 2
"Arise now, ye Tarnished. Ye dead, who yet live. The call of long-lost grace speaks to us all!" It was a simple, yet grand purpose to those given a s...
1.4K 70 26
OWNFOANEO Okay I got this idea bc of an assignment I'm doing in my English class so I was like ykw lemme just write the full story 😭😭 idk how long...
My Love Journey By elnafta

Historical Fiction

67 7 21
This is my first time writting my first book. All characters are of black race based in midieviel age Kind notice if you are : -Sensitive to vulgar l...
10.2K 94 18
You moved to Stardew valley to get away from your boring job in Zuzu city. You didn't plan on meeting someone special there, until you met him. :) Ra...