Borrowed Time (BrigittexMaleR...

By X2Kosmo

Since the collapse of Overwatch all those years ago, The omnium uprising has left Y/N lost in his mind and wi... More

Introduction
Chapter 1 - Recalling the times
Chapter 2 - Living In The Past
Chapter 3 - Tinkering With Time
Chapter 4 - A Soldiers Orders
Chapter 5 - Savior Among The Storm
Chapter 6 - Codename: SHRIKE
Chapter 7 - Make Or Break
Chapter 8 - Justice From Above
Chapter 9 - Callsign: Misfit
Chapter 10 - Memory Lane
Chapter 11 - Battle Scarred
A/N Notes #1
Chapter 12 - London's Calling
Chapter 13 - Repressed Memories
Chapter 15 - Kanezaka's Protector
Chapter 16 - Origin's
Chapter 17 - Yokai
Chapter 18 - Shimada

Chapter 14 - Gates To Kanezaka

179 2 1
By X2Kosmo

Today was quiet as any other day,  making sure I have my stuff off to go on a trip with Genji for a week or two. Hope Brigitte will be okay without me in that time, She will probably just do some tinkering with her equipment and ask Reinhardt to do some basic combat drills. Working hard as always, and I'm not going to just lay around either, maybe I should ask Genji to do some sparring like him and Brigitte used to do. 

Genji: "Hey Y/N"

Y/N: "Oh my lord speak of the devil"

Genji: "Who could you have been talking to?"

Y/N: "Nobody... What's up?"

Genji: "Came to check to see if you're doing alright. You seem a bit on edge"

Y/N: "There is not much to say"

Genji: "Master Zenyatta can help you if you find yourself unbalanced"

Y/N: "No no, I am fine Genji"

I was lying through my teeth, I didn't want to exactly lie to him about Brigitte and I but I also had to cover up the information I got from Sombra.

Genji: "Perhaps time off is what you need, we will be travelling to Kanezaka very soon"

Y/N: "Kanezaka? As in the city of the fox spirit?"

Genji: "Yes. I have business to settle around there"

Y/N: "Can I come?"

Genji: "Not right now, Its in my best interest to keep you out of harm. The only thing you should have to worry about is the Hashimoto"

Y/N: "The Hashimoto? What's so bad about them?"

Genji: "A sinister gang and rival clan to my bloodline the Shimada's"

Y/N: "Oh I see..."

Genji: "Try to avoid confronting them If you can, its better that way"

I gave him a nod

Genji: "Now I have to go prepare for departure, don't keep me waiting"

Genji then left my room and someone else walked in, at first I thought it was Brigitte but I turn around and Its a short woman with brown hair tied back with a hair pin through it.

???: "Heya"

Y/N: "Umm... Hi"

???: "Wait. Do you not know who I am?"

Y/N: "Should I?"

???: "I thought Brigitte would've told you"

On que, Brigitte then walks into my room

Brigitte: "Oh. I thought you were alone, how you doing Mei?"

Mei: "I came to talk to the prestigious hero in these parts, you didn't tell him about me?"

Brigitte: "Oh no I didn't... very sorry"

Mei: "That's okay Brigitte, anyways I am Mei, a researcher from the Eco Point in Antarctica"

I gesture out my hand to shake

Y/N: "As you know, I'm Y/N, charmer of women, conqueror of men and wrecker of your shit"

Mei began bursting out laughing while Brigitte just face palmed

Y/N: "What's the matter Brigitte?"

Brigitte: "I think I just had a memory blank out of sheer stupidity"

Y/N: "I didn't think you were that stupid"

Now that may have costed me more than I bargained for as she ran over clobbering me in the face as Mei went from laughing to a genuinely concerned face.

Y/N: "Ow... That hurt, but I'm fine"

Brigitte: "You wont be so lucky next time"

Y/N: "Got another one in ya?"

Brigitte then smirked and passed me an ice pack to stop it from swelling

Brigitte: "So much for first impressions"

Y/N: "Why? I think I made a great first impression"

Mei: "Okay. You are funny I will give you that, a sense of humor is always a valued trait in someone"

Y/N: "See? Mei thinks I'm funny"

Brigitte: "There's a difference between humor and stupidity"

Y/N: "It seems you've figured that out"

Brigitte: "Now hurry up. Genji will leave without you otherwise"

Mei: "Where you off to?"

Y/N: "Japan. Kanezaka to be exact. Dont know why but Genji has some stuff to do and wanted me to tag along"

Mei: "Kanezaka? You may just be in time for the festival"

Y/N: "Festival you say?"

Mei: "Yeah. Each year they hold a festival to celebrate their bond with the Shimada and their local legend the fox spirit"

Y/N: "Sweet. At least I'll have something to do then"

Brigitte: "You wont if you don't get going"

Y/N: "You're right, I should go"

I got up with my belongings in hand, walk up to Brigitte and give her a quick hug before shaking Mei's hand and then sprint my way out the door.

Y/N: "GENJI! WAIT UP FOR ME!"

Brigitte's POV

Mei: "So are you guys like... dating?"

The question caught me off guard as I was drinking some water

Brigitte: " *Cough Cough* What?"

Mei: "You and him?"

Brigitte: "No. Definitely not, although he has saved me multiple times from danger it doesn't excuse his remarks"

Mei: "Y'know they say guys who bully a girl usually like them"

Brigitte: "Who told you that?"

Mei: "Oh no one, just forget I said anything. I guess that means he's open territory, am I right?"

Brigitte: "Yeah..."

I know Mei was just trying to speak her mind by being open hearted and me lying didn't help but she didn't have to say that last part, not within speaking distance of me.

Mei: "Anyways, I'm pretty tired. I got who I wanted to meet so If you don't mind me, I'm going to go take a nap. See you around Brigitte"

Brigitte: "Oh. Goodbye Mei"

Genji's POV

I wonder what's taking him so long, he didn't seem busy. I then notice him sprinting towards me with no sign of slowing down.

Y/N: "GENJI!"

Genji: "You can slow down, I haven't left yet"

By the time he had arrived at my feet he was out of breath, panting on the ground.

Y/N's POV

Lungs. Need to fill with air. Hyperventilating. Quite the sprint if I do say so myself.

Genji: "You done?"

Y/N: "Quite"

Genji: "Good. Then It's time to go"

I followed Genji onto the aircraft as the door closed behind us. I wish I couldve gotten longer to say a longer good bye to Brigitte but I think she will manage. That Mei sure is an interesting character, Eco Point Antarctica, If I'm not mistaken that's the one where most of its crew had died due to a malfunction in the cryo pods with only one survivor. Mei is one lucky person to have survived that let alone be found by Overwatch all the way out there.

Genji: "You can rest up. We have quite the journey, and it hasn't even begun yet"

Y/N: "Trust me. I would if I could"

Genji: "Something troubling you?"

Y/N: "Nothing of significance"

Genji: "Does it have to do with Brigitte?"

I paused for a second, zoning out before returning my gaze to him

Y/N: "Why would I be worried about her?"

Genji: "You two are awfully close. Perhaps you have your own issues to sort out with her but a side of you is conflicted with what the outcome would be"

Y/N: "Yes, we are close. But that doesn't always mean somethings going on between the two of us"

Genji: "I didn't say that"

At that moment I knew I had slipped a little on my words, speaking my mind freely in an utter ramble to a man I knew I could be open with.

Y/N: "Sorry... I didn't mean to ramble like that. There's just... something happened while we were in London Genji, things happened both good and bad"

Genji: "I could tell from the look in your eyes. They say the eyes are the window to the soul, through my effort to find balance and harmonize with my own soul I know when someone else is struggling too"

Y/N: "I am struggling Genji. I really am"

Genji: "Speak to me. Friend"

His words were very encouraging, I could tell the man behind the message would understand better than anyone.

Y/N: "I wanna start with the good. While in London, we felt really relaxed and Brigitte and I got to talking, about the future... Our future"

Genji: "Brigitte isn't her fathers child anymore, while she may come from his family he would be proud to know she is choosing her own way of life and has chosen someone to spend it with"

Y/N: "I thought you'd be a lot more..."

Genji: "Surprised?"

Y/N: "Well... yeah?"

Genji: "Listen Y/N, I am not Brigitte"

Y/N: "I know... But we are trying to not make a big deal out of it. Y'know?"

Genji: "Very well. I assume I'm the only one you've told about this?"

Y/N: "Yeah. I figured it would be better not trying to hide it from you"

Genji: "Understood. Its your space, but what's the other news?"

Y/N: "Oh right. On the last day we were there, someone came to us with news about a deal in Kanezaka"

Genji: "A deal? With who?"

Y/N: "From what we were told, the Hashimoto and Talon"

Genji: "I see. And who was this person?"

Y/N: "Someone named Sombra"

Genji looked confused but immediately shook it off

Genji: "I'll have to contact someone ahead of time then"

Y/N: "Who do you have in mind?"

Genji: "Don't worry about it"

Y/N: "Alright I wont"

Genji: "Get some rest, still got a while"

I nodded at him before kicking up my feet and slowly shutting my eyes with my hood only just covering them, the sound of a jet engine blasting in my ears was unsettling but eventually I got to sleep.

Genji's POV

I was in the cockpit until a vibration began from my phone, without checking the name I answered.

Genji: "How's it going? It's been a while"

???: "All is well Genji, cant say I haven't had to do my fair share of dirty work every now and then"

Genji: "I have a favor to ask"

???: "Go on"

Genji: "We have a bust going down in Kanezaka between the Hashimoto and Talon. Care to join?"

???: "Do you even have to ask? I'd love to kick some ass with you again"

Genji: "Glad to hear it, we will be there in a matter of hours but the deal doesn't go down for a bit"

???: "Just let me know when to drop by. Also we?"

Genji: "We have got a newbie, frankly I think he's proved himself as of recently. Almost died twice on the job now but he's still hanging around"

???: "A newbie that's a guy huh? Is he cute?"

Genji: "Don't ask me. Judge him for yourself when you get there"

???: "Okay okay. Ill talk to you later my cybernetic friend"

Genji: "Sounds good, and by the way... Thank you"

???: "For what? I haven't done anything yet"

Genji: "You know what I mean"

???: "Alrighty. See ya later"

I hung up the phone and pulled a Y/N by kicking up my feet and just started listening to the ambience of the noises outside the ship.

Y/N's POV

I was at peace in this dream state, I should enjoy this time off especially after almost dying twice now

"Yo Y/N wake up!"

A voice screamed at me from somewhere

"C'mon man get up!"

The voice screamed again this time it vibrated in my ears

"Wake up!"

On the final time I woke up in a cold sweat, I looked up to see Genji poking at me with the hilt end of his sword.

Genji: "You're finally awake, I had to wait a while after poking you a fair bit"

Y/N: "You could've just slapped me"

Genji: "I wouldn't find that as entertaining"

Y/N: "Anyways why'd you wake me up?"

Genji: "We are here. Welcome to Kanezaka"

Genji then hit the button to open the door and the lighting of a sunset illuminated the inside of our ship, basking it in a orange glow. Just below the horizon, a city with a mix of a fair amount traditional Japanese buildings and modern architecture including a monorail.

Y/N: "Its..."

Genji: "Something. Isn't it?"

Y/N: "Yeah, for sure"

Genji: "Alright, I want you to go to this apartment building, that is where you will be staying"

He sends me the coordinates to the place

Y/N: "What about you?"

Genji: "I have somewhere set up already, quickly go before night comes, the Hashimoto will be out in full force when that happens"

Y/N: "I can take-"

Genji: "Don't fight them. You'll only make it worse for us later"

Y/N: "Understood. I guess I'll get going now then"

Genji: "See you around Y/N"

We waved each other off as I began my trek towards Kanezaka, wooden gate architecture branched over me aisle by aisle as I approached a building, it was lined with old school Japanese aesthetic even fitting in to what the modern world has become.

???: "Evening, may I help you?"

A woman approached me, dressed in a red and white outfit, green hair tied up behind her head.

Y/N: "Oh hey, I'm kinda looking for an apartment building. Could you tell me where to go?"

???: "Sure, can you show me the building?"

I showed the woman the building and her eyes lit up but she then put her finger on her chin and began to speak.

???: "If I remember correctly, It's down the road and to the left of the donut shop, I'd say about a 5 maybe 10 minute walk"

Y/N: "Thank you so much, If I see you around we should hang out sometime"

???: "A shrine maidens duty remains with the shrine but I appreciate the offer"

I said my goodbyes and immediately started running off until I saw the donut shop she mentioned and turned left. The building was there, much more up kept than the photo I have but still where I'm sleeping none the less. Entering the building I'm greeted by an old man who was accompanied by a little girl.

???: "Hello young man, is there something I can help you with?"

Y/N: "Umm yeah. I have a room reserved under the name (Y/N L/N)"

???: "Ah yes. Just up the elevator and down the hall, I will take you there now"

Y/N: "No no, you don't have to"

Mr. Yoshida: "I insist, also you can call me Mr. Yoshida"

Y/N: "Okay, thank you"

He directed my to my room, It was cozy for sure. A 1 bedroom, 1 kitchen, 1 living room apartment.

Mr. Yoshida: "I hope it is to your liking"

Y/N: "Are you kidding? Its really good"

Mr. Yoshida: "Thank you, while I'm on this floor I will be fixing a light in the hallway, if you need anything feel free to call out"

Y/N: "Thank you Mr. Yoshida"

He then left and I saw him grab a ladder from the hallway with the little girl following closely behind him. I never got to find out her name, but as I began to relax on the sofa watching the TV, I heard some talking from outside the hall. They were speaking to someone that I couldn't get a look at through the peephole, It wasn't my place anyways so I just went back to laying on the couch. It wasn't until a couple minutes later that I heard another set of voices, these ones however I could tell were here to cause trouble. Looking through the peephole I see a group of men, one confronting Mr. Yoshida, one looking down at the little girl and three others surrounding them. I decided to listen in and get a one up on the trouble I'm about to get in to.

Mr. Yoshida: "What do you want from me?"

Man 2: "Your son owes us a lot of money"

Mr. Yoshida: "I already told you, I don't know where he is"

Man 1: "Hey old man, you think the fox spirit is going to protect you? WE ARE HASHIMOTO SON!"

I had already had enough as I slammed open the door

Y/N: "What do you guys want?"

Man 2: "We are doing our job kid, get lost"

Y/N: "Does your job include being an asshole?"

Man 1: "You're speaking out of line brat"

The man then gestures to one of the others in the back, they then start walking towards me. I began cracking my knuckles and began running my mouth.

Y/N: "This is how its gonna be huh?"

The guy swung at me with his left as I grabbed his wrist with my left and threw a right hook to his ribcage. It felt like steel banging into my knuckles but the pain didn't stop me as I then swung in which he ducked. In this position I had the advantage until Shunk! Looking down all I see is red with a twisted blade impaled in my side but none the less I swung down on his back knocking him flat on his stomach. I put him down but began stumbling back against the hallway wall smudging a small trail of blood onto it.

Mr. Yoshida: "Y/N!"

Man 1: "Enough with you"

He then pinned Mr. Yoshida up against the wall while the little girl could only paw at the old man from behind the grasp of another one of these men. The guy I knocked down had gotten back up and looked at me snarling, the lights in the hallway began flickering, I couldn't tell if my vision was going or if this was actually happening. Silhouettes of a woman appeared at each end of the hall while the lights flickered until all the lights suddenly shattered causing the red stain from the back up lights to illuminate the hallway.

???: "I'm going to kick every one of you... In the face"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Tada! I'm not dead! Here's another chapter I had to do a little more work on so I could leave it on a suitable cliffhanger, I wonder who that woman is huh... Anyways... THANK YOU FOR 2K READS OML, you guys are so blessed. Now that's out of my system, we get to have some fun next chapter, we having fun so far? I hope so, I'm still deciding on whether to include more of a violent theme to next chapter or just stick to the portrayal the cinematic had. Im sure I'll come up with something, either way we will explore the world of Kanezaka now. Thats pretty much all I have to say, enjoy reading and I will be back soon as I leave you with this teaser. 

Kanezaka's Protector

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.2K 1.5K 66
" a story in which the infamous talon assassin known as nighthawk is forced to become a blackwatch agent in exchange for her freedom " overwatch sem...
480K 6K 66
You're a former Overwatch agent and a current street racer. You were close with Lena "Tracer" Oxton back in the good ol days, but lost contact with h...
117K 1K 22
Sombra x reader(male) In "A world of Data," you are expert mercenary, your life takes a drastic turn when you're captured by the formidable force kno...
83.6K 1.5K 28
A disbanded group of heroes. A sinister plot. A shattered world. As a new recruit to the legendary Overwatch you have big shoes to fill, fortunate...