I Became The Stepmother of My...

By acskerman

πƒπˆπ’π‚π‹π€πˆπŒπ„π‘: π“π‡πˆπ’ π’π“πŽπ‘π˜ πˆπ’ ππŽπ“ πŒπˆππ„, π“π‡πˆπ’ πˆπ’ π…πŽπ‘ πŽπ…π…π‹πˆππ„ 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃�... More

Chapter 1: Rebirth
Chapter 2: Forced Marriage
Chapter 3: Yan Wang
Chapter 4: Take Away
Chapter 5: Overload
Chapter 6: Marriage
Chapter 7: Anti-Marriage
Chapter 8: The Capital
Chapter 9: Return
Chapter 10: Shu Younger Sister
Chapter 11: Shizi
Chapter 12: Bow Down
Chapter 13: Justice
Chapter 14: Grudge
Chapter 15: Against
Chapter 16: War
Chapter 17: Dowry
Chapter 18: Net Worth
Chapter 19: Family
Chapter 20: Stunning
Chapter 21: First Assistant
Chapter 22: Chili Pepper
Chapter 23: Evil Mind
Chapter 24: Wife
Chapter 25: Pique
Chapter 26: Matchmaker
Chapter 27: Wang Fei
Chapter 28: Maiden
Chapter 29: Red Makeup
Chapter 30: Grand Wedding
Chapter 31: Wedding Candles
Chapter 32: Tea
Chapter 33: Framed
Chapter 34: Payback
Chapter 35: Old Slave
Chapter 36: Couple
Chapter 37: Reading
Chapter 38: Preferences
Chapter 39: Second Qian
Chapter 40: Promising Marriage
Chapter 41: Emperor's Grace
Chapter 42: Demonstration
Chapter 43: Served
Chapter 44: Extorting Money
Chapter 45: Mother in Law
Chapter 46: Mobilized Forces
Chapter 47: Condemn
Chapter 48: Punishment
Chapter 49: Disagreement
Chapter 50: Copying Punishment
Chapter 51: Goddess
Chapter 52: Shu Younger Brother
Chapter 53: Disciplined
Chapter 54: Avoid Suspicion
Chapter 55: Pride
Chapter 56: Transparent
Chapter 57: Red Sleeves
Chapter 58: Dead Wife
Chapter 59: Coquetry
Chapter 61: New Year
Chapter 62: Rebirth
Chapter 63: Congratulated the Emperor
Chapter 64: Maternal Relatives
Chapter 66: Lantern Festival
Chapter 67: Pair of Fishes
Chapter 68: Taking a Concubine
Chapter 69: Adultery
Chapter 70: Red Apricot
Chapter 71: Out of the Wall
Chapter 72: Wrath
Chapter 73: The Ending
Chapter 74: The Past
Chapter 75: Young Man
Chapter 76: Han Shi
Chapter 77: Heir
Chapter 78: Summer Escape
Chapter 79: Riding Together
Chapter 80: Di Daughter
Chapter 81: People's Heart
Chapter 82: Adoption
Chapter 83: Shen Shi
Chapter 84: Pregnant
Chapter 85: Dead Person
Chapter 86: The Truth
Chapter 87: Intention
Chapter 88: Confession
Chapter 89: Moonlight
Chapter 90: Doubt
Chapter 91: Worship Buddha
Chapter 92: Accident
Chapter 93: It's You
Chapter 94: Sentencing
Chapter 95: Thunder
Chapter 96: The Wind Blows
Chapter 97: Giving Birth
Chapter 98: Pearl
Chapter 99: Reborn
Chapter 100: Sisters
Chapter 101: Gao Ran
Chapter 102: Grand Finale
Extra 1: Yan Land's Record
Extra 2: Yan Land's Record
Extra 3: Cannot Get What One Ask For
Extra 4: Cannot Get What One Ask For
Extra 5: Gu Hui Yan
Extra 6: Gu Hui Yan

Chapter 60: New Year's Eve

3.3K 77 5
By acskerman

The busy time passed by suddenly, and it seemed that in the blink of an eye New Year's Eve was here.

Lin Wei Xi was held by Gu Hui Yan to get up early in the morning, she was not allowed to sleep anymore: "Normally it was okay for you to be lazy. Today, the juniors came to pay the New Year's greetings. Don't let the juniors see a joke."

There was a red candle burning on the Babu's bed. Lin Wei Xi couldn't tell what times it was, but looking at the light outside the bed, it seemed to be quite early. Lin Wei Xi shrank listlessly on the edge of the bed, hugged her knees, and tried to reach the quilt: "What junior dares to come over to pay the New Year's greeting at this time, he will definitely not get a gift money."

Gu Hui Yan looked helplessly at Lin Wei Xi, who was lying on the bed and refused to get up. His finger pressed the corner of the quilt, Lin Wei Xi tugged hard but couldn't pull it. The mountain didn't see me, then I went to see the mountain, Lin Wei Xi moved her body over and wrapped herself in the quilt.

Gu Hui Yan could help but chuckled, and fished her whole body from the quilt: "As the elder, if it's known that Yan Wangfei is still in bed, you will definitely lose face."

"Will not." Lin Wei Xi's forehead touched Gu Hui Yan's powerful arms, half-covered her mouth and yawned, her eyes filled with mist, "Apart from you, who else would know."

Gu Hui Yan suddenly felt pleased by these words, yes, except him, no man in the world would see Lin Wei Xi's loveable attitude when getting up. Seeing that Lin Wei Xi leaned on Gu Hui Yan's shoulder and showed no movement, Gu Hui Yan lightly sighed and shook her up again: "It's useless to act spoiled, get up."

After a difficult struggle, Lin Wei Xi finally called the maid to come in and help her dress up. Today, she put on a crimson with gold sleeve jacket. The cuffs and collars were all embroidered with gold thread of large group of peony flowers. Underneath was a six-piece skirt with silver-red Zhuanghua satin. It looked like the skirt was glowing. Today was New Year's Eve, the maids gave their all to dress this exquisite Wangfei as a goddess. When it was finally over, Lin Wei Xi got up and went outside to meet Gu Hui Yan: "Wangye."

Gu Hui Yan raised his head, only to saw brightness in front of him, the whole room felt like it was really illuminated by her. Lin Wei Xi also thought that she was very good-looking. She half spread her hands and turned around in front of Gu Hui Yan. The grand skirt bloomed layer by layer like flowers. After a circle, Lin Wei Xi just turned to Gu Hui Yan. Gu Hui Yan smiled while supporting her, Lin Wei Xi raised her chin slightly, her eyes sparkling: "Wangye, how is it?"

"The brilliance can illuminate people." Gu Hui Yan rarely praised women, but this sentence was convincing. Lin Wei Xi smiled triumphantly, and took Gu Hui Yan's arm in a familiar way: "It's good that Wangye is satisfied."

Today, the entire mansion was completely renewed. The servants put on new clothes. On the road everyone was beaming. This kind of big celebration would not allowed the servants to show their dejected faces. As soon as Lin Wei Xi and Gu Hui Yan showed up, the people gathered together to speak auspicious words to them.

Gao Ran and Gu Cheng Yao also changed into formal clothes, and came over early to paid respect to the two parents. Hearing the greetings from outside the room, Gao Ran quickly got ready, but despite that, when the door curtain was opened, as soon as she saw Lin Wei Xi, her pupils were still tighten.

Lin Wei Xi's appearance was extremely beautiful, and slightly dressed up on normal days was enough to make people unable to look away. Now that she was dressed up like this, it was simply full of grace. Gu Hui Yan was wearing a black Qinwang clothes today. His body tall and straight, and after years of military service it had mold him into perfect specimen. The revered black color was an ancient rite passed down from the first emperor, with a golden python and dragon baring their teeth and claws on the chest. When the black and gold collide, it looks noble and domineering. Gu Hui Yan did not appear dull in such a deep color, instead became more handsome, tall and majestically indifferent.

Lin Wei Xi was dressed in a lovely red, but Gu Hui Yan was noble and cold, almost made people unable to look at him. The two stood side by side like this, and it was not an exaggeration to say that the rays of light was extremely bright. Along the way everyone was amazed, even when the two of them walked away, the people behind couldn't help but turned their neck to follow them with their eyes.

Gao Ran quickly retracted her surprise and came forward to greet Lin Wei Xi and Gu Hui Yan. Gu Cheng Yao also politely saluted the two of them: "Greetings, father, mother."

Gao Ran also said auspicious words for New Year's greetings. She also wore red today, but the quality of her clothes was just passable. Among the noble ladies in the capital Gao Ran was roughly a six-point. No matter what, from the clothing or the person herself it was difficult to rivaled Lin Wei Xi. Just now when Lin Wei Xi and Gu Hui Yan hasn't come in yet, it was alright, but now it scorched by Lin Wei Xi's light, the red on Gao Ran's body felt a bit cliché, seemed a bit exaggerated.

Today, Yan Wang Mansion was quite busy. After Gao Ran and Gu Cheng Yao gave Lin Wei Xi the New Year greetings, Gu Hui Yan went to the front yard soon after. Today, there were endless stream of people who came to paid him New Year's greetings. Some people have been waiting since early morning. As soon as Gu Hui Yan left, Lin Wei Xi also throw herself into her own things. Many officials, big and small, paid New Year greetings to Yan Wang, and the madams and ladies that came to Lin Wei Xi, this Yan Wangfei, also not just a few.

When Gu Hui Yan went out, of course Gu Cheng Yao followed. Now only Lin Wei Xi and Gao Ran, this pair of mother-in law and daughter-in-law were left in the house. Lin Wei Xi was too lazy to act out the compassionate mother-in-law and filial daughter-in-law with Gao Ran. She told the servants who had been waiting for a long time to bring in the annual gifts of each family, and immediately engaged in the work of counting and returning the gifts.

Lin Wei Xi was sitting on the warm heated brick bed, quickly handling New Year's affairs. Wan Yue stood at the side and helped Lin Wei Xi with the gift list. She read a name and asked: "Wangfei, Hanlin's Shen also sent a fruit plate, do you want to return the gift?"

"Hanlin's Shen?" Lin Wei Xi repeated, suddenly enlightened, "Is it Shen Ming Da's wife, Liu Su Niang who sent it?"

"It is Lady Liu."

Although Hanlin was known as the place where people must pass through to get to the cabinet, he has not made his mark yet. Today, Yan Wang Mansion had received countless gift from senior officials who already made their mark. Shen Ming Da's New Year gift mixed among his superiors, it was not very eye-catching.

But Lin Wei Xi went uncharacteristic and said, "Bring the fruits sent by Lady Liu."

The maids who served were all stunned. After Wan Yue pushed her from behind, only then Wan Xing suddenly realized and hurried out to get the things. After a while, she came back with a red lacquer box, "Wangfei, this is the fruit box from Shen Mansion."

Lin Wei Xi opened it and take a look, she saw that it was filled with dried fruits, melons and dates that symbolized reunion and also it conformed with societal norms. In fact, it was easy to understand that although Liu Su Niang had some intersection with Lin Wei Xi during the Dragon Boat Festival, but things were very different now. Lin Wei Xi was already the Wangfei. Even if Liu Su Niang was grateful to Lin Wei Xi, she would not dare to get too close. Although Liu Su Niang sent someone to give New Year's gift to Yan Wang Mansion, but whether herself or Shen Ming Da, afraid didn't have any expectation that Lin Wei Xi would return the gift. In this way, the gifts for the top superior Yan Wang Mansion, was better to send a dependable fruit plate that symbolized reunion. Do not seek merits, but seek no demerits , already the greatest benefit

When Lin Wei Xi looked at the fruit plate her heart figure it out, then she said to Wan Yue: "Send a return gift to Mr. Shen's family. Well, you don't need to prepare specially, just use the ordinary one."

Even if Shen Ming Da would become the First Assistant, that would be many years later. Now with her sending a return gift already the best statement. If she was too eager, it would easily become self-defeating.

Everyone was surprised, and Gao Ran also felt surprised. Lin Wei Xi was afraid of people's suspicion, so she pretended to casually explain: "Liu Su Niang and I have some friendships, not to reciprocate is against etiquette. Since she sent the New Year's gift, we Yan Wang Mansion has no reason to ignore it. Wan Yue, you arrange a dependable young servant to send it to Mr. Shen's house."

When Lin Wei Xi said that Wan Xing and Wan Yue understood, they followed Lin Wei Xi into the palace during the Dragon Boat Festival. Wan Yue remembered that Lin Wei Xi had saved Liu Su Niang once. Although Wangfei had kindness to Shen family, since Shen Mansion had always remember Wangfei's benevolence and specially sent the fruit box over, there was no reason for Yan Mansion to avoid it. Treat everyone equally and be generous, this was the bearing of a big house.

When Gao Ran heard this, she also remembered who this Liu Su Niang was. She thought that Lin Wei Xi's behavior was abnormal, but when she saw that it was just an ordinary little official madam, Gao Ran just abandoned her thought and didn't pay attention.

The New Year's gift was a very formal diplomacy between various mansions. Every New Year, each mansion prepared food for the festival and then send it to other families, as a sign of etiquette. Since it involved foods, every household must be different. This would test the skill of its mistress. How to prepare the repetitive annual meal safely and ingeniously was really a deep knowledge.

The standing Gao Ran, watched Lin Wei Xi deal with such a formal inner house diplomacy, it was inevitable that she felt sour inside. She was the same age as Lin Wei Xi, but now Lin Wei Xi could sit in charge, but Gao Ran could only stand at the side and watch. When would it be her turn to join the circle of mistress?

Lin Wei Xi dealt with the incoming and going gifts, during which she also received a few madams who came to pay New Year's greetings, and the time passed quickly. Before you know it, it's getting dark.

Tonight's New Year's Eve dinner was also the highlight. Lin Wei Xi was sitting in the warm room and questioning the maids and granny. Suddenly there were footsteps outside, and then a greeting sounded: "Greetings Wangye, greetings Shizi."

Lin Wei Xi and Gao Ran both looked up to the door and found that it was Gu Hui Yan and Gu Cheng Yao who had just returned. Both mother-in-law and daughter-in-law stood up to welcome at door, and just after a few steps, the curtain of the inner room was opened.

"Wangye." Lin Wei Xi bowed to Gu Hui Yan, and Gu Hui Yan very smoothly caught Lin Wei Xi. Also husband and wife, but Gao Ran couldn't be as unscrupulous as Lin Wei Xi. She could only give Gu Cheng Yao a salutation across the people, and then continued to follow Lin Wei Xi.

Gu Cheng Yao also just glanced at Gao Ran, then retracted his gaze. His expression was calm, seemingly dignified and solemn, like a gentleman, but inside he couldn't help thinking about Lin Wei Xi's smile when he first entered the door. Her dress today was very beautiful, the dazzling red lined her skin as white as snow, and her beauty was difficult to resist. When she stood up from the red embroidered inner room and came to welcome her returning husband, afraid no man on earth could refuse this kind of temptation. But there was only his father in her eyes, and her smile was also for his father.

New Year's Eve was a celebration for the whole country, and New Year's Eve dinner was an important event for family reunion. In the sense of etiquette, Lin Wei Xi, Gu Cheng Yao, and Gao Ran were also a family. Therefore, on this great day of New Year's Eve, Lin Wei Xi would accompany Gu Hui Yan, also Gu Cheng Yao and Gao Ran to eat together, watch the years end, and welcome the new dawn.

New Year's Eve was a big festival. The previous emperor at that time loved the excitement. He often held a banquet on the New Year's Eve and called the ministers into the palace to accompany the Holy One to spend the festive day. But now the emperor was young, the harem's empress and the four imperial concubines' position were all empty, only had one superstitious Buddha, who was not even His Majesty's biological Empress Dowager, really there was nothing to be excited about. Moreover, if the emperor held a banquet, he had to invite the First Assistant and also the emperor's teacher Zhang Xiao Lian. With the emperor's temperament of twelve or thirteen years old young man, surely unwilling to see Master Zhang's old face on the New Year's Day.

Therefore, the palace banquet was omitted like this. Gu Hui Yan didn't have to enter the palace. It was rare to spend the New Year's reunion in the mansion. Usually when common people's family gather together during the New Year, they would be talking, laughing, and very lively. Even in a sparsely populated family, they wouldn't feel stiff to say some affectionate things to each other, but in Yan Wang Mansion, when the four only masters sit down, no one spoke.

The four of them were usually busy, so there was really nothing to say when sitting together. The maids changed the hot tea and pastries. Lin Wei Xi was slowly shaking the tea in silence, and suddenly heard a rush of footsteps outside the house, and then Gu Ming Da walked in quickly, and kneeled to Gu Hui Yan outside the carved partition door: "Wangye, the Holy One is here."

Lin Wei Xi was startled to stand up. It's the New Year's Eve, during New Year's Eve family dinner the little emperor actually come to their Yan Wang Mansion?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.8K 1.6K 69
DO NOT VOTE! Su Yi has played many vicious female supporting roles such as a mistress, a witch, a villainess, and what not, earning the title, "Natio...
197K 4K 93
If she were to make the choice again, Ji Bai would never have let her two-faced sickly sister use her as a personal blood bank. She simply wanted to...
75.7K 5.8K 41
A story about Sanskaar who tries to woo Kavita, the hottest girl in college but ends up being attracted to her friend Swara. ___________ Cover By Me ...
238K 7K 171
Before her rebirth, Wei Luo was an innocent little girl. After rebirth, she appeared lovable on the outside but was a different person on the inside...