I Became The Stepmother of My...

By acskerman

๐ƒ๐ˆ๐’๐‚๐‹๐€๐ˆ๐Œ๐„๐‘: ๐“๐‡๐ˆ๐’ ๐’๐“๐Ž๐‘๐˜ ๐ˆ๐’ ๐๐Ž๐“ ๐Œ๐ˆ๐๐„, ๐“๐‡๐ˆ๐’ ๐ˆ๐’ ๐…๐Ž๐‘ ๐Ž๐…๐…๐‹๐ˆ๐๐„ ๐‘๐„๐€๐ƒ๏ฟฝ... More

Chapter 1: Rebirth
Chapter 2: Forced Marriage
Chapter 3: Yan Wang
Chapter 4: Take Away
Chapter 5: Overload
Chapter 6: Marriage
Chapter 7: Anti-Marriage
Chapter 8: The Capital
Chapter 9: Return
Chapter 10: Shu Younger Sister
Chapter 11: Shizi
Chapter 12: Bow Down
Chapter 13: Justice
Chapter 14: Grudge
Chapter 16: War
Chapter 17: Dowry
Chapter 18: Net Worth
Chapter 19: Family
Chapter 20: Stunning
Chapter 21: First Assistant
Chapter 22: Chili Pepper
Chapter 23: Evil Mind
Chapter 24: Wife
Chapter 25: Pique
Chapter 26: Matchmaker
Chapter 27: Wang Fei
Chapter 28: Maiden
Chapter 29: Red Makeup
Chapter 30: Grand Wedding
Chapter 31: Wedding Candles
Chapter 32: Tea
Chapter 33: Framed
Chapter 34: Payback
Chapter 35: Old Slave
Chapter 36: Couple
Chapter 37: Reading
Chapter 38: Preferences
Chapter 39: Second Qian
Chapter 40: Promising Marriage
Chapter 41: Emperor's Grace
Chapter 42: Demonstration
Chapter 43: Served
Chapter 44: Extorting Money
Chapter 45: Mother in Law
Chapter 46: Mobilized Forces
Chapter 47: Condemn
Chapter 48: Punishment
Chapter 49: Disagreement
Chapter 50: Copying Punishment
Chapter 51: Goddess
Chapter 52: Shu Younger Brother
Chapter 53: Disciplined
Chapter 54: Avoid Suspicion
Chapter 55: Pride
Chapter 56: Transparent
Chapter 57: Red Sleeves
Chapter 58: Dead Wife
Chapter 59: Coquetry
Chapter 60: New Year's Eve
Chapter 61: New Year
Chapter 62: Rebirth
Chapter 63: Congratulated the Emperor
Chapter 64: Maternal Relatives
Chapter 66: Lantern Festival
Chapter 67: Pair of Fishes
Chapter 68: Taking a Concubine
Chapter 69: Adultery
Chapter 70: Red Apricot
Chapter 71: Out of the Wall
Chapter 72: Wrath
Chapter 73: The Ending
Chapter 74: The Past
Chapter 75: Young Man
Chapter 76: Han Shi
Chapter 77: Heir
Chapter 78: Summer Escape
Chapter 79: Riding Together
Chapter 80: Di Daughter
Chapter 81: People's Heart
Chapter 82: Adoption
Chapter 83: Shen Shi
Chapter 84: Pregnant
Chapter 85: Dead Person
Chapter 86: The Truth
Chapter 87: Intention
Chapter 88: Confession
Chapter 89: Moonlight
Chapter 90: Doubt
Chapter 91: Worship Buddha
Chapter 92: Accident
Chapter 93: It's You
Chapter 94: Sentencing
Chapter 95: Thunder
Chapter 96: The Wind Blows
Chapter 97: Giving Birth
Chapter 98: Pearl
Chapter 99: Reborn
Chapter 100: Sisters
Chapter 101: Gao Ran
Chapter 102: Grand Finale
Extra 1: Yan Land's Record
Extra 2: Yan Land's Record
Extra 3: Cannot Get What One Ask For
Extra 4: Cannot Get What One Ask For
Extra 5: Gu Hui Yan
Extra 6: Gu Hui Yan

Chapter 15: Against

3.9K 97 5
By acskerman

"This Xi girl and I have a destiny." Princess Shou Kang was still depressed when she first came out, but now her eyes burst with light again. The telepathy between relatives were really indescribable. Lin Wei Xi did not dare to tell her grandmother the truth, but Princess Shou Kang still followed the calling in her blood that brought an unspeakable closeness to Lin Wei Xi. Princess Shou Kang stubbornly felt that this was her granddaughter, and her Sister Xi was back.

Princess Shou Kang couldn't help crying. She wiped away the tears with her fingers, and smiled at everyone: "Let you laugh, it's easy to be sentimental when you are old, everything you see can make you recall the memories."

Everyone in the room whispered their comfort, Gu Hui Yan He also said, "Auntie, what are you talking about? Lin Wei Xi's blood relations are also thin. If looking at her can make you happy then you can talk more to relieve your sorrow, it will be really great."

After Grand Princess Shou Kang cried, her heart was obviously much lighter. She looked at Lin Wei Xi, she indeed really pleasing to her eyes: "You were born during Lantern Festival maoshi (5-7 am), this time is good. I always felt that Gao Xi's birthday was too noisy, I am afraid I can't hold it down. She was born on the 15th day of the first lunar month at yaoshi (5-7 pm). When it's time to light the lanterns, the whole city was full of fireworks. Although festive, but it was too noisy, afraid it would weakening the good fortune. Your hour is just right, when the sky started to brighten, all living things just waken up, just like your name, Xi (dawn), shining and bright!"

"Thanking Grand Princess."

"Why do you sound so distant. Your life also has thin blood relations. You lost your parents at such a young age, even don't have uncles and cousins. Although I was born in the royal family, but the brothers and sisters each have their own family, even the half already down on the ground. There was only one daughter under my knees, and she passed away a long time ago. Even the only granddaughter... I have the fate of the white-haired person who sends the black-haired person."

This was Grand Princess Shou Kang's wound that made her extremely hurt. An old mama from the princess mansion saw this and said: "Miss Lin to be orphaned since young, and our princess is also empty under her knees. It would be good for Miss Lin to call the princess grandmother, right! Then Miss Lin will have a relative that can protect her, and our princess also has been wishing about it for so many years."

The most regrettable thing in Grand Princess Shou Kang's life was her poor blessing in children. Lin Wei Xi had been educated by Princess Shou Kang for many years. In her heart, Princess Shou Kang was much closer and more qualified than her nominal grandmother, Duke Yingguo Madam. Unfortunately, the character 'outside' divided the closeness. Lin Wei Xi looked at the expectant eyes of Princess Shou Kang, smiled lightly, and said crisply, "Grandmother."

Princess Shou Kang's eyes were hot, and she made a heavy "hey" as an agreement, afterward Princess Shou Kang wanted to cry again. The old servants that were standing on the side also one after another turned their faces to wipe their tears.

At the front Grand Princess Shou Kang and Lin Wei Xi were enjoying themselves, as they acknowledged each other as grandparents and grandchildren. The few people standing at the back looked stiff, all kinds of thoughts flashed through their minds.

Gu Cheng Yao felt even more dazed, and his gaze at Lin Wei Xi was also clouded. Gao Ran silently looked at Gu Cheng Yao. After seeing his expression, Gao Ran bit her lip, her hatred for Gao Xi became even more obvious.

Originally it was Gao Xi who grabbed her position. Gao Xi relied on being a di daughter and collude with her grandmother to distort the facts and deceive Yan Wang and Gu Cheng Yao into marriage. God knows how shocked Gao Ran was when she saw Gu Cheng Yao at the wedding. Back then Gu Cheng Yao was injured and didn't see Gao Ran's face, but Gao Ran remembered Gu Cheng Yao's appearance. Combining with the rumors that Gao Xi vaguely passed on a fish jade pendant, Gao Ran finally understand everything. Just like the vicious princesses in the fairy tale who replaced the life-saving grace, Gao Xi shamelessly stole the credits that did not belong to her, and snatched away the prince.

How desperate and hated Gao Ran during that time, don't even mention it, but fortunately the prince and the princess who replaced the kindness did not have a happy marriage. This was the happiest thing for Gao Ran.

Later, the fake princess died, and Gao Ran finally married her prince charming as she wished, and as soon as she entered the door, she won the love of the entire palace. Gao Ran thought that her story would continue happily like a fairy tale. It didn't matter even if Gu Cheng Yao had a close servant girl and tongfang. Sooner or later, she will capture Gu Cheng Yao's heart. But now Gao Ran saw Gu Cheng Yao's gaze on another woman, and that woman had an unparalleled beauty, suddenly Gao Ran couldn't bear the jealousy in her heart.

Gao Ran finally regained her marriage, she will not allow anyone to destroy it. Lin Wei Xi's character was too standard, she arrived after Gao Ran getting married, when she just came she won the favor of the villain Princess Shou Kang, her attitude was noble and her body was delicate. Every label proves that this was Gao Ran's female enemy in life, the one 'little white flower'.

Gao Ran looked at Lin Wei Xi's back with strong hostility in her eyes. From the previous life to transmigrating into this life, she had never lost a struggle with women. Gao Xi's family could not beat her, an orphan with only a beautiful face, how could she be her opponent.

Gao Ran just took a glance and then retracted her gaze, restraining her eyes to think about the next tactics. Lin Wei Xi was emotional and did not notice the movement behind her. She finally saw her grandmother, even after separation from death. Lin Wei Xi couldn't tell Princess Shou Kang the truth without talking about her strange power. She couldn't take the risk, but it didn't affect her filial piety to her grandmother. Anyway, she didn't plan to marry anymore, she would spend all her time being filial to Princess Shou Kang, even if they were no longer real grandparents and grandchildren.

Gu Hui Yan watched Lin Wei Xi and Princess Shou Kang became familiar with each other at first sight. He sat and watched quietly for a while, and then said to Lin Wei Xi, "It's a good thing that you and auntie have a relationship with each other. It's a good day, there is no need to cry. Go outside and wash your face first. Your face is a mess."

Lin Wei Xi was shocked when she heard this, her face was a mess? Oh my God, she was so ugly again in front of Yan Wang.

Lin Wei Xi's cheeks flushed. She really thought that her appearances were completely ruined, and couldn't care about anything else, hurried down to get her make-up fixed. After Lin Wei Xi left, Gu Hui Yan found an excuse to send Gu Cheng Yao and Gao Ran out. Grand Princess Shou Kang had foreseen this since Gu Yan Hui said Lin Wei Xi's face was a mess, she leaned against the pillow while smiling and asked: "Yan Wang deliberately sent everyone out, what you wish to say to this old person?"

"Aunt should already guess it, I want to talk about Lin Wei Xi's matter." Gu Hui Yan said, "Her father died to save me. After Lin Yong passed away, she has no relatives in her hometown. It is I who let her down, that's why I have to take care of her in place of Lin Yong, at any rate I want to find a reliable husband for her."

Grand Princess Shou Kang nodded: "Yan Wang is thoughtful. She is a little girl who has no support, it's hard to avoid people from bullying. In any case it's good to find her a good marriage, so that she can have someone to rely on in the future."

"That's what I meant." Gu Hui Yan sighed helplessly. "But she is very resistant to being married for some reason. I mentioned it twice before and she was reluctant, finally even annoyed me."

"Oh?" Princess Shou Kang was very surprised, Lin Wei Xi, a little girl, dare to get angry with Gu Hui Yan? When did Gu Hui Yan's temper get better?

Gu Hui Yan didn't want to say more about it. He dropped it and said to Princess Shou Kang: "I personally wrote to you to seek marriage with the eldest daughter of the Duke Yingguo Mansion. It's a pity that that dog son was stubborn and has let Gao Xi down, and also failed to live up to your expectation. I know that I will have no face to mention this to you, but Lin Wei Xi has not come out of the boudoir after all, even if her father and I have a life-saving friendship, living in the Yan Wang Mansion for a long time will end up being unjustified. It will be detrimental to her reputation. So I can only shamelessly raise this request to you."

Grand Princess Shou Kang had already understood: "You want me to find a good marriage for her."

"Yes." Gu Hui Yan, he didn't expect that one day he would worry about this kind of thing, but Lin Wei Xi's body was not strong but her temper was fierce. Gu Hui Yan had no choice but to entrust it to other people. "If she knows that I mention this matters again she will certainly explode, I saw that she and Aunt are close, it is better for you to mention it."

"When her filial piety period will be over?"

"May this year."

Not long, only two months left. Princess Shou Kang thoughtfully nodded, readily agreed. Old people always worry about the marriage of younger generations. She saw Lin Wei Xi as if she had seen her own granddaughter, and she would choose a good husband for her granddaughter. There was no reason to refuse this kind of thing. Gu Hui Yan secretly felt relieved when he saw Princess Shou Kang's condition. Since Gao Xi's death, Princess Shou Kang's condition has deteriorated day by day. She had nothing to anchoring her this world, had no vitality, and her body was naturally deteriorating. Now he could find something for Princess Shou Kang to do, and could also solve Lin Wei Xi's marital affairs. It was like killing two birds with one stone, so why not do it?

Gu Hui Yan achieved his two purposes today. There were many things waiting for him outside. He didn't have much time, so he got up and left. Lin Wei Xi had just returned from fixing herself up, and she was forcibly taken away by Yan Wang without even sitting. Lin Wei Xi reluctantly bid farewell to Grand Princess Shou Kang and boarded the carriage of Yan Wang Mansion.

This visit was of great significance. Yan Wang used his actions to smash the rumors in the capital about the discord between Yan Wang Mansion and Grand Princess Shou Kang Mansion, and clearly stated his position. Gao Xi this previous Shizi Consort was still the daughter-in-law admitted by Yan Wang, and all the rumors in the capital were complete nonsense.

The atmosphere inside Wang Yan's Mansion also quietly changed. Yan Wang's high-profile visit to Princess Shou Kang Mansion was to restore Gao Xi's name, but it was also felt like a slap in the face for Gao Ran. Even if the relationship between Gao Xi and Gu Cheng Yao was a mess, Gao Xi was still the daughter-in-law that Yan Wang accepted, the original consort of Yan Wang Mansion, Gao Ran's inexplicable sense of superiority can take a rest.

Gao Ran was not happy, but she immediately told herself, day by day seeing people's heart and after a long time Yan Wang would definitely be able to see her good point and then he would acknowledge her. But before that, Gao Ran needs to deal with the other threats first.

The weather was getting warmer, the winter clothes were gradually put away, and all girls who loves beautiful things immediately put on light spring clothes. Lin Wei Xi had been living in Yan Wang's Mansion for nearly a month. At first, everyone only treated her as a guest, with Gao Ran fanned the flames in the back. However as time passed, Lin Wei Xi was like a fish back in the water in Yan Wang Mansion, and the people in the mansion were more and more used to Lin Wei Xi's existence. Because of Lin Wei Xi's detached status, some people even regard Lin Wei Xi as a backer, and there was no shortage of flattering people.

Gao Ran was inexplicably frustrated during this period of time. It was obvious that there was only one mistress in the mansion, but suddenly there was Lin Wei Xi who annoyingly Gao Ran could not admonished, Gao Ran even had to hold this person like a sister-in-law. The more respected Lin Wei Xi in the mansion, the more Gao Ran's heart suffered.

One afternoon, Gao Ran invited Lin Wei Xi to the garden to enjoy the flowers and talk. In her words, the mansion now has two female relatives, and they were close like sisters. Lin Wei Xi in that instance got goosebumps all over her body. She was bored and passed the time by pulling the petals, when suddenly she saw Gao Ran let people brought out a lot of fruit plates, and chess games, embroidery sheds, and all kinds of entertainments. Lin Wei Xi raised her eyebrows, while Gao Ran smiled gently, and said to Lin Wei Xi: "Today is a good spring day, it is a good time to go for a hike. It's just a pity that we can't go out of the house, so let's take a walk in the garden and chat for fun. "

Gao Ran acted like she accidentally picked up a chess piece, and said: "Miss Lin, do you know how to play chess? The sun is so good today, how about we also play the chess elegantly in the middle of these flowers?"

Lin Wei Xi looked at the black stone in Gao Ran's hand, and smiled softly, "Alright."

Lin Wei Xi generously sat down across Gao Ran. Gao Ran was picking out the misplaced chess piece, her wrist swing gracefully and slowly, with a smile on her lips, casually said: "Miss Lin, chess is boring, why don't we change to a new game."

"Oh, what a new game?"

"Gomoku."

TN: Gomoku or Gobang or five in a row, is an abstract strategy board game, usually played with Go pieces in a Go board. The rule is to get five stones in a row, column, or diagonal.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

163K 2.6K 19
แ€™แ€ผแ€ญแ€ฏแ€ทแ€กแ€ฏแ€•แ€บแ€™แ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€›แ€ฒแ€ทแ€‡แ€”แ€ฎแ€ธแ€œแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€€ แ€žแ€ฐแ€™แ€€แ€ผแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บแ€ท แ€žแ€ฑแ€žแ€ฝแ€ฌแ€ธแ€แ€ฌแ€€แ€ผแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บแ€ท แ€žแ€ฐแ€™แ€€แ€ญแ€ฏแ€œแ€€แ€บแ€‘แ€•แ€บแ€•แ€ผแ€ฎแ€ธ แ€•แ€ผแ€”แ€บแ€•แ€ฑแ€ธแ€†แ€•แ€บแ€แ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€™แ€ฒแ€ท แ€‡แ€ฑแ€šแ€ปแ€™แ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€™แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บ
303K 5.2K 149
In her past life, Su Meng married Wei Ting, thinking that she could eventually win his heart with tolerance and flattery. For this, she tried to flat...
383K 71.3K 13
Everything changed the day the King ordered me to seduce his son and bring him back to the Kingdom. He was my best friend. As per the order of things...
Beyond Times By Woody

Historical Fiction

103K 6.3K 57
-"And where do I reside?" -"You reside in my heart, Priye!" Two broken souls, who endured pain and loneliness all their life. Destiny united them and...