I Became The Stepmother of My...

By acskerman

πƒπˆπ’π‚π‹π€πˆπŒπ„π‘: π“π‡πˆπ’ π’π“πŽπ‘π˜ πˆπ’ ππŽπ“ πŒπˆππ„, π“π‡πˆπ’ πˆπ’ π…πŽπ‘ πŽπ…π…π‹πˆππ„ 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃�... More

Chapter 1: Rebirth
Chapter 2: Forced Marriage
Chapter 3: Yan Wang
Chapter 4: Take Away
Chapter 5: Overload
Chapter 6: Marriage
Chapter 7: Anti-Marriage
Chapter 8: The Capital
Chapter 9: Return
Chapter 10: Shu Younger Sister
Chapter 11: Shizi
Chapter 12: Bow Down
Chapter 13: Justice
Chapter 15: Against
Chapter 16: War
Chapter 17: Dowry
Chapter 18: Net Worth
Chapter 19: Family
Chapter 20: Stunning
Chapter 21: First Assistant
Chapter 22: Chili Pepper
Chapter 23: Evil Mind
Chapter 24: Wife
Chapter 25: Pique
Chapter 26: Matchmaker
Chapter 27: Wang Fei
Chapter 28: Maiden
Chapter 29: Red Makeup
Chapter 30: Grand Wedding
Chapter 31: Wedding Candles
Chapter 32: Tea
Chapter 33: Framed
Chapter 34: Payback
Chapter 35: Old Slave
Chapter 36: Couple
Chapter 37: Reading
Chapter 38: Preferences
Chapter 39: Second Qian
Chapter 40: Promising Marriage
Chapter 41: Emperor's Grace
Chapter 42: Demonstration
Chapter 43: Served
Chapter 44: Extorting Money
Chapter 45: Mother in Law
Chapter 46: Mobilized Forces
Chapter 47: Condemn
Chapter 48: Punishment
Chapter 49: Disagreement
Chapter 50: Copying Punishment
Chapter 51: Goddess
Chapter 52: Shu Younger Brother
Chapter 53: Disciplined
Chapter 54: Avoid Suspicion
Chapter 55: Pride
Chapter 56: Transparent
Chapter 57: Red Sleeves
Chapter 58: Dead Wife
Chapter 59: Coquetry
Chapter 60: New Year's Eve
Chapter 61: New Year
Chapter 62: Rebirth
Chapter 63: Congratulated the Emperor
Chapter 64: Maternal Relatives
Chapter 66: Lantern Festival
Chapter 67: Pair of Fishes
Chapter 68: Taking a Concubine
Chapter 69: Adultery
Chapter 70: Red Apricot
Chapter 71: Out of the Wall
Chapter 72: Wrath
Chapter 73: The Ending
Chapter 74: The Past
Chapter 75: Young Man
Chapter 76: Han Shi
Chapter 77: Heir
Chapter 78: Summer Escape
Chapter 79: Riding Together
Chapter 80: Di Daughter
Chapter 81: People's Heart
Chapter 82: Adoption
Chapter 83: Shen Shi
Chapter 84: Pregnant
Chapter 85: Dead Person
Chapter 86: The Truth
Chapter 87: Intention
Chapter 88: Confession
Chapter 89: Moonlight
Chapter 90: Doubt
Chapter 91: Worship Buddha
Chapter 92: Accident
Chapter 93: It's You
Chapter 94: Sentencing
Chapter 95: Thunder
Chapter 96: The Wind Blows
Chapter 97: Giving Birth
Chapter 98: Pearl
Chapter 99: Reborn
Chapter 100: Sisters
Chapter 101: Gao Ran
Chapter 102: Grand Finale
Extra 1: Yan Land's Record
Extra 2: Yan Land's Record
Extra 3: Cannot Get What One Ask For
Extra 4: Cannot Get What One Ask For
Extra 5: Gu Hui Yan
Extra 6: Gu Hui Yan

Chapter 14: Grudge

4.1K 112 1
By acskerman

Lin Wei Xi sadly found that she always accidently helped Gu Cheng Yao, when obviously what she want was to stir up some troubles. What even more annoying was that the people around her misunderstood her actions, affectionately thought that Lin Wei Xi was kind-hearted, couldn't stand watching Shizi being criticized by Wangye, so she found a way to get him out of the predicament.

Before broken up that damn predicament, Lin Wei Xi looked forward to Yan Wang scolding Gu Cheng Yao for two more hours.

Lin Wei Xi went back to Jingdan Garden with anger. After taking off her cloak she sat down, Wan Xing brought hot tea to Lin Wei Xi. Seeing Lin Wei Xi's cold face, she smiled and said, "What's wrong with Miss? Could it be some people in the mansion dare to make Miss angry?"

Wan Xing was the maid that Yan Wang bought to take care Lin Wei Xi after she fell ill on the journey. Lin Wei Xi followed Wan Yue's name and named her Wan Xing. These two maids were now all her staff.

Wan Yue put away Lin Wei Xi's cloak, when she came back she heard this sentence, she replied: "Today Miss coughing again outside, but it was also lucky, otherwise Shizi and Shizi Consort will not be able to come out from their spot."

"What's wrong?"

Wan Yue said a few words about the dinner, Wan Xing sighed for a while, and praised: "Miss is so kind. Shizi Consort deliberately asked her wet nurse to intimidate Miss, and Miss willing to help them break up their predicament."

Who was willing! Lin Wei Xi replied angrily in her heart. In the mansion, Gao Ran after all the daughter-in-law of Yan Wang Mansion, Wan Xing and Wan Yue didn't have much to say, so they drop the subject. Wan Yue went on to say: "Exactly, Wangye's anger today is really scary. I didn't dare to raise my head in fright. That is to say, Wangye is easier to talk to with Miss, but Wangye is really strict with Shizi. In front of many people can reprimand without any feelings."

"Because of what?"

"It's for Grand Princess Shou Kang. I didn't expect that Yan Wang seems unreasonable, but is filial to the princess."

Lin Wei Xi heard this indifferently added: "It's not that he is filial to Grand Princess Shou Kang. Although Grand Princess is Yan Wang's aunt, how many princesses must be in the royal family? With so many uncles, nephews and aunts, I don't see him all coming close. Yan Wang was really filial to old Yan Wang. Back then when old Yan Wang has not move to his fief, Emperor Shizong was suspicious and jealous of him. It was with Princess Shou Kang's guarantee that old Yan Wang could go out the country smoothly. Because of this matter, Yan Wang treated Princess Shou Kang Mansion very courteously. Gu Cheng Yao grew up in the fief. He was born when Yan Wang Mansion at the peak of its power, and everything was smooth sailing. How can he understand the relationship of the previous generations."

"It turns out there is this kind of relationship." After Wan Xing listened to it, she inadvertently asked, "Miss, how do you know about Emperor Shizong's matter?"

Lin Wei Xi's hand that took the tea immediately paused, she knew this naturally because of what Princess Shou Kang had personally said. But Lin Wei Xi, a lone weak woman, shouldn't know this. Lin Wei Xi inwardly alarmed, but she still casually replied: "When I was ten years old, my dad brought me to the capital to see a doctor. I stayed in the capital for almost half a year and listened to what the old men in the alley said."

Both Wan Yue and Wan Xing came to Lin Wei Xi's side halfway and didn't know anything about Lin Wei Xi's past. They believed Lin Wei Xi's explanation. Seeing that she managed to fool the two maids, while Lin Wei Xi feel relieved, she also secretly warned herself not to be so careless.

If the person who heard this was Yan Wang, it would be over.

Both Wan Yue and Wan Xing came to the capital for the first time, and they were also in the Royal Mansion. The two of them were different from Lin Wei Xi's former maid, chattering lively. Now Lin Wei Xi's identity was no longer the same, let alone the two maidservants. Wan Xing and Wan Yue were full of curiosity about the famous Yan Wang Mansion, and now they both actually live with Lin Wei Xi in the place, which was so remarkable. They lowered their voices and said that Yan Wang Mansion only exposed the tip of the iceberg, but it was already a wonderful enough family's affair: "I heard that the current Shizi Consort is the second wife, and the lady before her is also surnamed Gao, it's Shizi Consort's older sister!"

Wan Yue covered her mouth in surprise: "Her sister?"

"Yes."

Wan Yue showed an expression of surprise: "Shizi looks very young, unexpectedly already married a second wife."

"Wangye looks only in his twenties. If you don't know in advance, who would have guessed that Wangye's son is already seventeen."

"Yes. Shizi is only seventeen, he married early."

"It's not him getting married early, it's the former Shizi Consort that died too fast." Lin Wei Xi took in the conversations, even put on a smile, "At the first month of the year got married, at the end of the year the wife died, in February after the new years the younger sister entered the door, it was all as not to delay Shizi's time."

Wan Xing and Wan Yue didn't expect Lin Wei Xi would suddenly participate in the conversation. The two of them didn't think too much, but sighed: "The previous Shizi Consort was too pitiful."

Pitiful? Lin Wei Xi smiled and said, "Perhaps. But Yan Wang is right. The world only looks at the results and no one will ask the reason. She has lived her life like this, I am afraid she only has herself to blame. Shizi and the new Shizi Consort have an affinity with each other, their feelings deep and righteous, it's good to vacate the position early."

Wan Yue and Wan Xing looked at each other, not knowing why Miss Lin suddenly had such a pessimistic emotion. Wan Xing was lively person, only in one day's work she already inquired a lot of news from the mansion: "In fact, it's not necessarily the fault of previous Shizi Consort. This slave today heard people say that the previous Shizi Consort was extremely strict with the mansion at that time. Each have separate regulations, not allow to gossip, no laziness, and no petty theft in the kitchen. Yan Wangfei has passed away for many years, and Yan Wang has been fighting outside all year round. It is inevitable that many rules in the mansion were slack. When the former Shizi Consort has just arrived she made the drastic rectifications with good intentions, but unfortunately it was offended many people."

Wan Yue and Wan Xing were outsiders, so they could objectively evaluate the situation of Yan Wang Mansion. However, for the old servants who had deep roots in Yan Wang Mansion, what Gao Xi did was like to disturb their territory. So in the eyes of these people, Gao Xi was of course no good at all, waiting for Gao Xi to deal with the accumulated bad habits. When it was over, she herself was tired and fell down. After Gao Ran entered the door, the foundation had already been laid, and once she took over naturally it was very easy. What Gao Ran used was superficial skills, she had the benefit, and the rules became a little lax. Compared with Gao Xi's strictness, Gao Ran immediately became a gentle and kind new hostess. The whole mansion also said that she was good.

This led to the current situation. Wan Xing and Wan Yue as newly arrived servant girls could say "the previous Shizi Consort was good at heart", but Gu Cheng Yao, who was wrapped by the old servants and slaves, couldn't see it.

Lin Wei Xi didn't expect to hear such words from these two girls. She laughed mockingly, it was really rare for someone to see her kindness. Lin Wei Xi didn't want to talk about these bad things anymore. Now she saw that Gu Cheng Yao and Gao Ran's love was really crooked, and Gao Ran's dowry maid was preaching everywhere with a proud face. God knows previously these servants had not even dare to lift their heads in front of Lin Wei Xi, but now they could even raise their tails.

Lin Wei Xi stood up and said faintly: "This is their family affair after all. It is not good to talk about personal matters behind their back, later don't talk about it anymore."

Wan Yue and Wan Xing looked at each other, and both noticed the contradiction in Lin Wei Xi's body. Miss Lin obviously relied on Yan Wang very much, but uncharacteristically indifferent when mentioning Yan Wang's family. Was it not to love the house and its crow, why Miss Lin had such a contradictory attitude? Wan Yue and Wan Xing didn't know, and didn't dare to mention it anymore. Instead, they carefully served Lin Wei Xi and changed her clothes: "Miss, today Yan Wang is angry with Shizi because of Grand Princess Shou Kang, and said he will take Shizi to visit Grand Princess in a few days to apologize. Do you think this is true?"

"Why is it not true." Lin Wei Xi sneered, with sarcasm in her tone, "How dare they despise the grand princess mansion because the lack of children, where did they get the courage from? Even if the princess mansion really has no successor, as long as the eldest princess still alive, no one in the capital will dare to neglect. Even Yan Wang still wants to call Princess Shou Kang aunt, she a shu daughter who was itching to jump up, think that she can behave atrociously in the princess mansion's territory, truly funny."

"Miss..."

Lin Wei Xi also noticed her agitated emotions. She took a deep breath and said, "Prepared the clothes these days, I am going to visit the princess mansion with Yan Wang."

Wan Yue was stunned. Lin Wei Xi was still in her filial piety period, usually stayed behind close door and declined visitors. Why did she think of going to the princess mansion? But these weren't her things as a maid to worry about. Wan Yue responded with a low voice, and went to prepare Lin Wei Xi's clothes to visit people.

Gu Hui Yan didn't say anything after learning about it, nodded and agreed. After he finally freed himself, he personally took the people from Yan Wang Mansion to visit Grand Princess Shou Kang.

Yan Wang's presence was of course regarded as distinguished guest and immediately welcomed into the mansion. When Grand Princess Shou Kang heard that Yan Wang was visiting, she had her body supported to greet him herself.

When Gu Hui Yan saw Grand Princess Shou Kang, he quickly got up to support her arm: "Auntie, the dog son is stubborn and has failed your painstaking efforts. Now I trouble you to come out in person. This is really my sin."

"Don't say that. You are now a Qinwang that emperor heavily rely on for your assistance. How dare I, an old lady who already has one foot on the grave, dare to accept your apology."

When Gu Hui Yan saw this he also could not say anything. He lightly looked at Gu Cheng Yao, his hand pointed at him. Gu Cheng Yao understood his father's meaning, could only reluctantly walk and give a salute to Grand Princess Shou Kang: "This junior was confused a few days ago and offended grandaunt. Please forgive this junior."

Gu Cheng Yao was the son of Yan Wang. Even if Grand Princess Shou Kang hated his negligence of Sister Xi, but she couldn't ignore Yan Wang's face. Yan Wang took his son to apologize in person. From the perspective of etiquette and morals, Yan Wang's sincerity had been fully satisfied. Princess Shou Kang could only nod her head and said lukewarmly: "There is no overnight hatred in the family, since you understand that's good. Get up quickly."

Gu Cheng Yao got up, Gao Ran followed up and saluted: "Maternal grandmother."

Princess Shou Kang snorted obviously, not even looking. Gao Ran showed an aggrieved look, Gu Cheng Yao felt distressed. But Gu Hui Yan was still calmly sit, even if Gu Cheng Yao was angry, he did not dare to move.

It was also at this time that Princess Shou Kang realized that there was one more person. She looked at the exquisite girl like a New Year picture in the hall, and she was slightly stunned: "This is..."

Lin Wei Xi stepped forward and knocked her head three times to Princess Shou Kang: "This little girl is Lin Wei Xi, pay respect to Grand Princess."

Princess Shou Kang looked at the woman on the ground, her eyes unconsciously widened. Gu Hui Yan saw this gave an explanation: "When quelling the Northwest rebellion, I was careless. It was her father who fought hard to cover for me. You should have an impression of Marquis Zhongyong a while ago. After the Northwest rebellion was subsided, I met this young girl who had lost her mother since she was young, and now her father also dead. It is not a way to live alone, so I took her to the capital. Today, I brought the juniors to greet you, and she also come along."

After Princess Shou Kang listened to this, the inexplicable throbbing in her heart became more and more obvious. She asked someone to help Lin Wei Xi up, and beckoned her to move closer and looked at her for a while, warmly covering the back of Lin Wei Xi's hand with her rough hands, and asked: "Your name is Lin Wei Xi, what is your nickname?"

"This little girl had no mother since she was born, and she didn't have a baby name. Everyone in the family called me Sister Xi."

"Sister Xi." Even the name was exactly the same, Princess Shou Kang's eyes suddenly became wet, "Okay, just call Sister Xi. When were you born?"

"At maoshi (5-7 am) of fifteenth of the first lunar month."

Hearing this Gao Ran's eyes widened, and Gu Cheng Yao's face was also a little strange. When Gu Hui Yan saw this his eyebrows slightly moved, he asked calmly: "What's the matter?"

Gao Ran and Gu Cheng Yao didn't speak, the old woman in the princess mansion wiped her tears and said, "Reporting to Yan Wang, the birthday of our eldest miss is the fifteenth of the first lunar month, only in youshi (5-7 pm)."

Gao Xi had been close to their family since childhood, and the people in princess mansion directly called her eldest miss.

Gu Hui Yan was also surprised when he heard this: "It's such a coincidence."

The same nickname, the same last syllable, and even the same birthday. That strange feeling came again, and Gu Cheng Yao looked at Lin Wei Xi who was standing at the front, suddenly felt a sense of trance.

For a split second, Gu Cheng Yao almost felt that the one standing in front of him was his deceased first wife, his former resentful spouse, Gao Xi.

The author has something to say:

Lin Wei Xi will not recognize the princess. She is a pure ancient woman. Modern people must consider self-protection when encountering such things. She is influenced by ancient etiquette and will not take the initiative to expose her own identity, even if it was her grandmother.

Lin Wei Xi's current thinking is that she doesn't need to recognize each other, but she still respects her grandmother. After all, Gao Xi really died, and the grief left to the living cannot be erased.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 29.4K 200
Not Mine In her previous life, as Yun Xi lay on her deathbed due to a terminal illness, her famous painter husband said to her heartlessly, "Yun Xi...
383K 71.6K 13
Everything changed the day the King ordered me to seduce his son and bring him back to the Kingdom. He was my best friend. As per the order of things...
43.4K 1K 44
BOOK 2!!! Synopsis Audrey woke up and found that she had transmigrated into a book. As a mediocre actress, Audrey was satisfied with her income. Even...
238K 7K 171
Before her rebirth, Wei Luo was an innocent little girl. After rebirth, she appeared lovable on the outside but was a different person on the inside...