I Became The Stepmother of My...

By acskerman

πƒπˆπ’π‚π‹π€πˆπŒπ„π‘: π“π‡πˆπ’ π’π“πŽπ‘π˜ πˆπ’ ππŽπ“ πŒπˆππ„, π“π‡πˆπ’ πˆπ’ π…πŽπ‘ πŽπ…π…π‹πˆππ„ 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃�... More

Chapter 1: Rebirth
Chapter 2: Forced Marriage
Chapter 3: Yan Wang
Chapter 4: Take Away
Chapter 5: Overload
Chapter 6: Marriage
Chapter 7: Anti-Marriage
Chapter 8: The Capital
Chapter 10: Shu Younger Sister
Chapter 11: Shizi
Chapter 12: Bow Down
Chapter 13: Justice
Chapter 14: Grudge
Chapter 15: Against
Chapter 16: War
Chapter 17: Dowry
Chapter 18: Net Worth
Chapter 19: Family
Chapter 20: Stunning
Chapter 21: First Assistant
Chapter 22: Chili Pepper
Chapter 23: Evil Mind
Chapter 24: Wife
Chapter 25: Pique
Chapter 26: Matchmaker
Chapter 27: Wang Fei
Chapter 28: Maiden
Chapter 29: Red Makeup
Chapter 30: Grand Wedding
Chapter 31: Wedding Candles
Chapter 32: Tea
Chapter 33: Framed
Chapter 34: Payback
Chapter 35: Old Slave
Chapter 36: Couple
Chapter 37: Reading
Chapter 38: Preferences
Chapter 39: Second Qian
Chapter 40: Promising Marriage
Chapter 41: Emperor's Grace
Chapter 42: Demonstration
Chapter 43: Served
Chapter 44: Extorting Money
Chapter 45: Mother in Law
Chapter 46: Mobilized Forces
Chapter 47: Condemn
Chapter 48: Punishment
Chapter 49: Disagreement
Chapter 50: Copying Punishment
Chapter 51: Goddess
Chapter 52: Shu Younger Brother
Chapter 53: Disciplined
Chapter 54: Avoid Suspicion
Chapter 55: Pride
Chapter 56: Transparent
Chapter 57: Red Sleeves
Chapter 58: Dead Wife
Chapter 59: Coquetry
Chapter 60: New Year's Eve
Chapter 61: New Year
Chapter 62: Rebirth
Chapter 63: Congratulated the Emperor
Chapter 64: Maternal Relatives
Chapter 66: Lantern Festival
Chapter 67: Pair of Fishes
Chapter 68: Taking a Concubine
Chapter 69: Adultery
Chapter 70: Red Apricot
Chapter 71: Out of the Wall
Chapter 72: Wrath
Chapter 73: The Ending
Chapter 74: The Past
Chapter 75: Young Man
Chapter 76: Han Shi
Chapter 77: Heir
Chapter 78: Summer Escape
Chapter 79: Riding Together
Chapter 80: Di Daughter
Chapter 81: People's Heart
Chapter 82: Adoption
Chapter 83: Shen Shi
Chapter 84: Pregnant
Chapter 85: Dead Person
Chapter 86: The Truth
Chapter 87: Intention
Chapter 88: Confession
Chapter 89: Moonlight
Chapter 90: Doubt
Chapter 91: Worship Buddha
Chapter 92: Accident
Chapter 93: It's You
Chapter 94: Sentencing
Chapter 95: Thunder
Chapter 96: The Wind Blows
Chapter 97: Giving Birth
Chapter 98: Pearl
Chapter 99: Reborn
Chapter 100: Sisters
Chapter 101: Gao Ran
Chapter 102: Grand Finale
Extra 1: Yan Land's Record
Extra 2: Yan Land's Record
Extra 3: Cannot Get What One Ask For
Extra 4: Cannot Get What One Ask For
Extra 5: Gu Hui Yan
Extra 6: Gu Hui Yan

Chapter 9: Return

4.4K 118 4
By acskerman

You can rest assured living in Yan Wang Mansion as long as you want.

This sentence seemed to be echoing in Lin Wei Xi's ear, she stared blankly on the spot. After she came to her senses, with straight face said: "No"

Gu Hui Yan's expression didn't changed, but hidden deep in the eyes an inexplicable inquiry: "Why?"

What could Lin Wei Xi said, could she said that 'your son is actually my husband in my previous life, and your soon to be daughter-in-law is my shu younger sister?' Lin Wei Xi had suffered enough by those two people, and now she still had to return with another identity?

Lin Wei Xi refused to even think about it: "Your Highness, this is not appropriate. I am not a relative of Yan Wang Mansion. If I live in the mansion for nothing what does it look like? And your new daughter-in-law is about to enter the house, and I as an outsider to live there, how can she not mind?"

Gu Hui Yan looked at Lin Wei Xi, with calm eyes and faint smile: "If I say you can live with ease then you can, if people speak out of turn, it doesn't matter who it is, you come to tell me."

'It doesn't matter who it is.' Hearing this Lin Wei Xi's back felt chilled, Yan Wang meant Gao Ran, right? That's right, a lone woman without a father and mother living in other people house indeed equal to adding a lot of troubles. It was excusable for the mistress felt unhappy. Lin Wei Xi had been a daughter-in-law before, so she understood this. But if the person that spoken was Yan Wang, he said can then it can, others just need to endure any trouble.

Lin Wei Xi suddenly sighed, it seems not too long ago she still worked hard managing Yan Wang Mansion's housework. Man at the front to be well-off, man at the back was exhausted, to break the silver teeth and swallow the blood . But in the blink of an eye. She turned from the worrying person into the privileged person.

The world was really wonderful, and the root of all this was just a word from the person in front of her.

Lin Wei Xi sighed for a while, and finally shook her head: "Your Highness, your kindness I appreciate it my heart. But I just wish to live a peaceful life, free of illness and disasters throughout one's life. Yan Wang Mansion's status is too high, it's unsuitable for me."

"Unsuitable for you? Why do I think you just don't want to go?"

Lin Wei Xi felt unspeakable pressure. This was Yan Wang, when he spoke there was no slightest amount of arrogance, his laugh sound like moving water, like you step on shallow water beach, made people felt refreshed, but soon you realized that you had been wrapped in the deep sea, the surface was as calm as before, but when it was ready it could set off terrifying waves. Lin Wei Xi now was the one who submerged in the water, over and over again.

 .    

Lin Wei Xi secretly scolded herself as a pig's brain. She was stumbled once yesterday, why was she fell again today. In the end she put on the air of a rural little girl resisting to stay at a high gate, deliberately rude and said: "I went to the capital when I was ten years old. There are many carriage and people in the capital. What people wear casually on the street are comparable to the village head's family. But at that time when I was extremely ill, with so many people on the street, none of them stopped by to ask and even drove me and my father away. I don't like that place. Besides, you are Yan Wang, don't look at you talk nicely to me now, but it's definitely will not the case when you return to your mansion. I can't even live in my aunt's house, let alone living in Yan Wang Mansion."

Gu Hui Yan ignored the little girl's delicate and sensitive moods. He restrained his imposing manner and said gently, "Don't be afraid, I will take you back. What happened when you were ten years old will never happen again. Moreover, there are few people in the mansion, and I only have one son. Although he is not sensible, he is unlikely to embarrass you. You just stay in the capital. If you don't like other people to disturb, then I will find you a separate courtyard in the mansion. You have the final say in the manpower arrangement. As for food and clothing expenses you don't need to worry about it. Your spending money will come from my personal accounts, and I will give you whatever you want. No one will come to point their fingers at you."

"Actually, find a simple and quiet town where I can live peacefully..."

"There are no real simplicity in front of interests. You are a very wealthy young woman. If you live outside alone, it's not safe anywhere. But as long as you come to the capital, whether you want to marry or live alone in the future, only in Yan Wang Mansion no one will bother you."

"I..." Lin Wei Xi opened her mouth and found that Gu Hui Yan had said everything, and she could no longer find any reason to object. She said that she didn't want to be sent under the fence , so Gu Hui Yan would find a courtyard for her alone. She was worried that she would be in conflict with the new mistress, so Gu Hui Yan would let her made her own private account, so that no one could control her. Lin Wei Xi held back for a long time, only to say: "This is too much trouble for you..."

"No trouble."

Lin Wei Xi was completely speechless. She looked at Yan Wang who was so calm and suddenly felt a strange feeling.

Why did she feel that Yan Wang had deliberately led her to say her unwillingness, and then blocked her way one by one? Yan Wang looked easy-going, but there was no room to maneuver once he made decision. In fact, he was actually a very high-handed person.

Gu Hui Yan noticed Lin Wei Xi's hidden gaze, he smiled indifferently, rather asked: "What's the matter? You don't want to leave your hometown, so you don't want to go?"

In fact, Lin Wei Xi really wanted to use this excuse. Unfortunately, a few days ago, in order to rely on Yan Wang, she cut off herself this 'hometown' reasoning, the most powerful escape route. Lin Wei Xi felt weak from the bottom of her heart. She sighed, her whole person drooped down: "Very well, just as Yan Wang said."

Lin Wei Xi couldn't tell what kind of feelings she felt for the capital. She grew up there, all her relatives lived in that magnificent city, and all her nightmares had happened there. If possible, Lin Wei Xi didn't want to return to the capital, saying that it was alright for her to escape, and to believe in one's own lie. It was not easy for her to live a lifetime again. She didn't want to see Gu Cheng Yao and Gao Ran again. As long as she didn't see them, Lin Wei Xi could continue to deceive herself. You are not a failure. You can also find a small town to live a stable and prosperous life. You just can't see your relatives, friends, and husband. It's not that they abandon you, throw you out like a worn out shoe.

But when the five words "return to Yan Wang Mansion" came out of Gu Hui Yan's mouth, after Lin Wei Xi's strong rejection at the beginning, and there was no more room to change the situation, her heart suddenly calmed down. In fact, she was not reconciled.

Not talking about others, but only about Grand Princess Shou Kang, Lin Wei Xi wanted to go back to see her grandmother again. She was the only child of her mother. Mother Wei was also the only daughter of Princess Shou Kang. Wei shi passed away early. Now Lin Wei Xi was the only bloodline of Princess Shou Kang, and the relationship between her grandmother and her husband was not very good. Lin Wei Xi was heartbroken when she thought that there was not even a junior to serve her grandmother. Even only for her grandmother, she had to go back.

Lin Wei Xi's mood gradually calmed down. Gu Hui Yan saw that Lin Wei Xi had figured it out. He glanced at her with satisfaction, then continued to read the letter, and casually said: "Lin Yong's canonization imperial decree, Jin Shu Iron Deed, as well as the land deeds assigned by the court are all with me. If you have nothing to do in these two days, you can check the ritual objects in the gift list book. Will you read the gift list?"

"I will." Lin Wei Xi had arranged banquets and prepared New Year's gifts with Princess Shou Kang since she was young. Last year she prepared Yan Wang Mansion's tribute to the palace by herself. If she had known what will happened today, why bother took care of the family business in the first place, just let Yan Wang Mansion's business all go to a deficit.

"Then you go and check it out first. After going back to the capital, I will exchange the title deed with those around the capital, and it will be your dowry in the future."

Lin Yong's posthumous title were greatly embezzled, the Marquis's set of special ritual object was obvious so no one dared to move it, but other than that, a lot of land deeds, raw silk and silver were intercepted. Gu Hui Yan knew that official corruption was bad, but he didn't expect it to be this serious. If he hadn't made a temporary detour to Shunde Prefecture, afraid even this items would have been lost. The county magistrate has been careful to excuse himself today, for fear that Gu Hui Yan would condemn him, but what status Gu Hui Yan had, how could he be angry with a few low-grade officials. He wrote directly to Zhang Xiao Lian, how First Assistant Zhang deal with his subordinates was none of his business, as long as he finally got the result from him.

But he could just manipulate these disgraceful things, Lin Wei Xi didn't need to know. The land deed granted by the imperial court to Lin Yong were mostly just padding, and many of them were just name on paper, they wouldn't reach Lin Wei Xi's hand. Gu Hui Yan would exchange these death deeds to the land in the periphery of the capital. Lin Wei Xi could not do these things, but under his name, it was nothing.

Lin Wei Xi converted it in her mind, and suddenly became interested: "Your Highness, how will this be converted? How much one mu of land will be exchange for the land in capital?"

Gu Hui Yan couldn't help but laugh, his eyes were full of smiles, he looked at her helplessly with amusement: "Don't worry. I will not take advantage of you. Naturally, one mu is exchanged for one mu, the land will be equally converted."

This was not an equal conversion. Lin Yong's fief was in Shunde. How could the land of Shunde comparable to the land in the capital? When Lin Wei Xi heard this, she quickly thanked Yan Wang for fear that he would regret it: "Thanking Your Highness Yan Wang."

Gu Hui Yan put one hand on the wooden table and looked at Lin Wei Xi with a smile: "You resist marrying like that. I thought you don't want to hear people mention about the dowry."

"How can that be the same?" Lin Wei Xi had been managing the household since she was little, she greatly understood the benefits of private property. She certainly did not want to marry again, but if someone prepared a dowry for her, it's okay, and there was no need to worry about her pride.

Gu Hui Yan was amused, and he even laughed slightly. If Zhou Mao Cheng or other old people standing here, they would be shocked with their mouth gaping at the sight. However, Lin Wei Xi still didn't understand how rare it was to see Yan Wang laugh. She was now anxious to find a chance to retire. Finally able to get Lin Yong's title, her palms were itching now.

Gu Hui Yan could see Lin Wei Xi's eagerness. He didn't make things difficult. He pointed to the box beside Lin Wei Xi and said, "This is your father's land deed and that is the maid slave contract. You can take them together. It is not convenient to bring too many maid on the road. I only gave you one, and the rest will be in the capital to make up for it."

Lin Wei Xi was not polite, nimbly step forward to pick up the stuff from Gu Hui Yan. Lin Wei Xi hugged the wooden box and bowed to Gu Hui Yan. She was about to withdraw when suddenly she heard Gu Hui Yan said something very unintentionally: "If you are wronged in the future, come and find me. There is no need to make a compromise."

Lin Wei Xi froze for a moment, a startling guess came to her mind. Her pupils unconsciously enlarge, clearly shocked: "How do you know?"

Gu Hui Yan didn't speak, he spread out the rice paper and took the writing brush from the case, apparently planning to write back to Zhang Xiao Lian. Lin Wei Xi didn't say anything, quietly grind the ink for Gu Hui Yan, and then quickly retreat.

After she came out of the study, the cold air rushed to her face, the wooden box in her hand heavily demonstrated it existence, Lin Wei Xi finally gave birth to a sense of reality.

Growing up so big, for the first time someone told her, "You don't need to make a compromise." The former father, paternal grandmother, even the teachers in Duke Yingguo Mansion all told her over and over again 'You are the eldest granddaughter. You must put the older sister decorum and yield to younger sister below'.

Lin Wei Xi's eyes were a little moist for some reason. It turned out that Yan Wang went out today for her business. Not only did he deal with Aunt Lin and Li Da's family, he also got Lin Yong's reward from the county magistrate for her.

This was the first time she felt the feeling of being cared for by others. In the past, Gao Ran could get the attention of Duke Yingguo Shizi, brothers in the family, and even the male cousins ​​by doing nothing. Lin Wei Xi dismissed it at that time. She was not without hands, she could strive for the things she want herself, so why use them to be a good person? But now Lin Wei Xi finally knows that it was different.

The intention alone was not something you could get by striving for it by yourself, even if it was the same thing.

Yan Wang didn't stay in the county for long. As soon as the things for the road were ready, Yan Wang ordered his departure and headed to the capital. Originally Yan Wang came to Shunde Prefecture only to deliver Lin Yong's bones to be buried, soon after he would hurriedly chased after the troops to return to the imperial court, but Lin Wei Xi was added to the team at the last minute, and the plan to chase the troops was naturally abandoned. Gu Hui Yan separated from the troops couldn't be covered. In this case, Gu Hui Yan simply wrote a letter to the capital, explaining that he would be late, and then took Lin Wei Xi to the capital slowly.

For Gu Hui Yan, this was a painstakingly slow course of journey, but for Lin Wei Xi who had never traveled far and was not in good health, such a schedule was still too rush.

Lin Wei Xi was able to hold it for a few days, but when she settled down in a traveling post, Lin Wei Xi could no longer hold it. She had a high fever that night, fell gravely ill.

Because of Lin Wei Xi's illness on the road, Yan Wang's journey was greatly delayed. It was already March when they finally returned to the capital.

One month had passed since the wedding of Gu Cheng Yao and Gao Ran.

Lin Wei Xi was feeling ill and leaned on the carriage, someone's voice could be heard from outside: "Miss Lin, Yan Wang Mansion is here."

Supported by the maid, Lin Wei Xi cautiously got out of the carriage and stood in front of this magnificent mansion again. .

Yan Wang Mansion, she is back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.3K 1.7K 26
After Aurora's life takes another wrong turn, she decides to move closer to her godfather, Phil Watson, so he can keep and eye on her. However, feeli...
558K 13.3K 200
Gu Zi transmigrated into a novel and became a character in a story about a true and false rich heiress . While others who transmigrated into novels b...
858K 21.9K 200
Not Mine The iron-blooded Master Mu had three specialties: great marksmanship, great skills and masterful ways to spoil his wife! Everyone in Jingdu...
303K 5.2K 149
In her past life, Su Meng married Wei Ting, thinking that she could eventually win his heart with tolerance and flattery. For this, she tried to flat...