I Became The Stepmother of My...

By acskerman

๐ƒ๐ˆ๐’๐‚๐‹๐€๐ˆ๐Œ๐„๐‘: ๐“๐‡๐ˆ๐’ ๐’๐“๐Ž๐‘๐˜ ๐ˆ๐’ ๐๐Ž๐“ ๐Œ๐ˆ๐๐„, ๐“๐‡๐ˆ๐’ ๐ˆ๐’ ๐…๐Ž๐‘ ๐Ž๐…๐…๐‹๐ˆ๐๐„ ๐‘๐„๐€๐ƒ๏ฟฝ... More

Chapter 1: Rebirth
Chapter 2: Forced Marriage
Chapter 3: Yan Wang
Chapter 4: Take Away
Chapter 5: Overload
Chapter 7: Anti-Marriage
Chapter 8: The Capital
Chapter 9: Return
Chapter 10: Shu Younger Sister
Chapter 11: Shizi
Chapter 12: Bow Down
Chapter 13: Justice
Chapter 14: Grudge
Chapter 15: Against
Chapter 16: War
Chapter 17: Dowry
Chapter 18: Net Worth
Chapter 19: Family
Chapter 20: Stunning
Chapter 21: First Assistant
Chapter 22: Chili Pepper
Chapter 23: Evil Mind
Chapter 24: Wife
Chapter 25: Pique
Chapter 26: Matchmaker
Chapter 27: Wang Fei
Chapter 28: Maiden
Chapter 29: Red Makeup
Chapter 30: Grand Wedding
Chapter 31: Wedding Candles
Chapter 32: Tea
Chapter 33: Framed
Chapter 34: Payback
Chapter 35: Old Slave
Chapter 36: Couple
Chapter 37: Reading
Chapter 38: Preferences
Chapter 39: Second Qian
Chapter 40: Promising Marriage
Chapter 41: Emperor's Grace
Chapter 42: Demonstration
Chapter 43: Served
Chapter 44: Extorting Money
Chapter 45: Mother in Law
Chapter 46: Mobilized Forces
Chapter 47: Condemn
Chapter 48: Punishment
Chapter 49: Disagreement
Chapter 50: Copying Punishment
Chapter 51: Goddess
Chapter 52: Shu Younger Brother
Chapter 53: Disciplined
Chapter 54: Avoid Suspicion
Chapter 55: Pride
Chapter 56: Transparent
Chapter 57: Red Sleeves
Chapter 58: Dead Wife
Chapter 59: Coquetry
Chapter 60: New Year's Eve
Chapter 61: New Year
Chapter 62: Rebirth
Chapter 63: Congratulated the Emperor
Chapter 64: Maternal Relatives
Chapter 66: Lantern Festival
Chapter 67: Pair of Fishes
Chapter 68: Taking a Concubine
Chapter 69: Adultery
Chapter 70: Red Apricot
Chapter 71: Out of the Wall
Chapter 72: Wrath
Chapter 73: The Ending
Chapter 74: The Past
Chapter 75: Young Man
Chapter 76: Han Shi
Chapter 77: Heir
Chapter 78: Summer Escape
Chapter 79: Riding Together
Chapter 80: Di Daughter
Chapter 81: People's Heart
Chapter 82: Adoption
Chapter 83: Shen Shi
Chapter 84: Pregnant
Chapter 85: Dead Person
Chapter 86: The Truth
Chapter 87: Intention
Chapter 88: Confession
Chapter 89: Moonlight
Chapter 90: Doubt
Chapter 91: Worship Buddha
Chapter 92: Accident
Chapter 93: It's You
Chapter 94: Sentencing
Chapter 95: Thunder
Chapter 96: The Wind Blows
Chapter 97: Giving Birth
Chapter 98: Pearl
Chapter 99: Reborn
Chapter 100: Sisters
Chapter 101: Gao Ran
Chapter 102: Grand Finale
Extra 1: Yan Land's Record
Extra 2: Yan Land's Record
Extra 3: Cannot Get What One Ask For
Extra 4: Cannot Get What One Ask For
Extra 5: Gu Hui Yan
Extra 6: Gu Hui Yan

Chapter 6: Marriage

6.6K 134 4
By acskerman

Lin Wei Xi rode on a carriage again after a long time, did not know how long the bumps had been going on, and the noise outside of the carriage became more and more noisy. Lin Wei Xi guessed that they might have entered the city.

Sure enough, the guard on the city wall saw Yan Wang's token and did not even dare to check it. He lowered his head slightly and let Yan Wang's convoy entered the city. The county magistrate in the city heard that Yan Wang, who yesterday clearly said that he was leaving, actually came to the county seat. He was startled, hurriedly took along county deputies to welcome him.

"Welcome Your Royal Highness. Wangye has personally come, excuse this lowly official for not going out to meet you, Wangye please forgive."

"Nothing, get up." Gu Hui Yan held the rein loosely in his hand, sitting on the horse towering above, then said with indifference voice, "Is there a quiet courtyard nearby?"

Courtyard? How many days Yan Wang plan to stay? The county magistrate was a little dazed. He glanced at the carriage behind Yan Wang and vaguely guessed that Yan Wang was looking for a quiet courtyard for this one. He heard that Yan Wang had lost his wife for nearly ten years... The county magistrate's mind only went this far, he didn't dare to think about it anymore, his attitude became more respectful: "Wangye, we are honored by your presence in our humble county, how dare this lowly official let you rent a place outside? This lowly official's residence is small. If Wangye doesn't dislike it, how about staying at this lowly official's mansion."

Gu Hui Yan gave the county magistrate a quick glance. The magistrate was so practical, the bureaucratic language was the same stuff. Gu Hui Yan tightened the reins and calmed the agitated Zhao Xue, and said: "No, find another house."

Gu Hui Yan's words were flat, but the county magistrate immediately heard a danger from it. Cold sweat oozes from his back, and he did not dare make any more assertions. He lowered his body and replied: "This lowly official obeys, Wangye please wait a moment."

Lin Wei Xi felt the carriage stopped. Although she was alone in the carriage, she still sat steadily without curiously raising the curtain. It didn't take long for the carriage to continue moving. Lin Wei Xi estimated that after turning a few turns, the carriage let out a click sound. Then Zhou Mao Cheng's voice sounded from outside: "Lin girl, get off the carriage."

In fact, according to Lin Wei Xi's years of upbringing, her figure and appearance could not be seen by men other than her father and brother, and the carriage must be parked at the second gate. It was very rude to get on and off the carriage on the street. But now this was just a small town, and Lin Wei Xi had not recover her identity, so there was no need to be too particular.

Lin Wei Xi lifted the corner of her skirt to get out of the carriage. She looked up and found that they had stopped in front of a two-entry house. Lin Wei Xi was a little confused by Yan Wang's thoughts, what did Yan Wang mean?

Lin Wei Xi looked at Yan Wang, Gu Hui Yan as usual stood in front of everyone. He was listening to his subordinates reporting something. Aware of Lin Wei Xi's gaze, he raised his hand, stopped the subordinates' words, and then gently nodded to Lin Wei Xi: "Go inside."

Lin Wei Xi looked around, and pointed to herself in surprise. Gu Hui Yan nodded. Lin Wei Xi felt flattered then walked in first, Gu Hui Yan soon followed after her, and then the rest of the crowd.

They would stay here only temporarily, so Gu Hui Yan just bought a two-entry house. The second entry was left to Lin Wei Xi alone. Gu Hui Yan lived in the front with his subordinates. If something happened it would certainly alarm them. Lin Wei Xi's safety was guaranteed.

Lin Wei Xi had almost no luggage when she left home this morning. She lived in Aunt Lin's house for six years, but she had very little belonging. The things that tied her up was only some letters sent by Lin Yong. Lin Wei Xi had packed those up a long time ago and was ready to leave any time. She didn't want to see Aunt Lin's family again, so she didn't go back, but asked Zhou Mao Cheng to go to Aunt Lin's house and took her things.

After all, Aunt Lin was Lin Wei Xi's aunt, and adopted the original body for six years, Lin Wei Xi gave a fierce scold, but actually she didn't know what to do with them. Lin Wei Xi didn't intend to pursue those silver coins that Aunt Lin has deducted, only regarded it as giving money to a beggar, but what Li Da did yesterday made Lin Wei Xi felt really disgusted.

Lin Wei Xi grew up so big, no matter as Gao Xi or Lin Wei Xi, she never suffered such humiliation. She was so angry, but now she lost her identity, she couldn't do anything to Li Da, and she didn't know who to turn to for help. Lin Wei Xi thought about it all the way, but in the end she could only get angry with herself.

Lin Wei Xi walked to the inner courtyard. When he entered the door, Zhou Mao Cheng took advantage of the people around not paying attention and said quietly to Lin Wei Xi: "Lin's Daughter, don't be afraid. Uncle beat that kid so hard last night. Today, when I went to fetch things, their family was scared like a quail, even didn't dare to let out a fart."

Obviously very vulgar words but Lin Wei Xi laughed out loud. She then restrained her laugh and said seriously: "Thank you Uncle Zhou."

Zhou Mao Cheng was elated by the phrase "Uncle Zhou", he secretly sighed that it was better to have a girl. Listen to this beautiful voice, and talk politely, better than those wild boys in his family.

Looking at Lin Wei Xi, Zhou Mao Cheng thought on a whim, and asked, "Lin's Daughter, it's not that your uncle want to take advantage of you. Uncle Zhou really likes you as a girl. It just so happens that there are a few mediocre boys in my family who are about the same age as you and haven't married. You see if you want to marry into Uncle Zhou's family as daughter-in-law? As long as you want, whoever you take fancy to, Uncle Zhou will let any kid marry you!"

Lin Wei Xi originally was smiling, but when she heard this her smile gradually stiffened, "Uncle Zhou thank you for your kindness, there's no need..."

"Don't be polite, if you are willing, those small brats in our family are eager."

"There's really no need..."

After saying goodbye to regretful Zhou Mao Cheng, Lin Wei Xi turned and walked into the house. After entering the room, she heaved a long sigh.

Did she seem to be so worried about marrying? Why did everyone want to act as a matchmaker, Zhou Mao Cheng even planned to force his son.

Lin Wei Xi sat down slowly on the embroidered stool, she looked at the tiny cracks on the pear wood round table, slightly entranced.

Yan Wang rushed back to the capital, presumably for Gu Cheng Yao. Yes, she used to be blinded by her family background. She really thought because she was proficient in Four Arts, and had a good hand in managing the household, so she thought others spoke highly of her because they really liked her. But once she was out of the halo of her family, she was exposed.

Lin Wei Xi smiled bitterly when she thought about it, if she was a man, she would not like herself, someone who relied on her family background and grandmother to be an oppressive women. That's why, even if she was really grateful to Zhou Mao Cheng, she could not marry and harm other family.

Zhou Mao Cheng watched Lin Wei Xi enter the house with regret, then returned to the front with a long sigh. Gu Hui Yan was handling urgent matters in the temporary packed study. Hearing Zhou Mao Cheng sigh, he raised his head and glanced up. He kept writing with his hand, and asked casually: "What happened to you?"   

"I think that Lin family girl is clever, and has a nimble mouth. Marrying her in the future can definitely revitalize the family. I cheekily act as a matchmaker for my sons, but she refused. Alas, although I expected it, it is still a pity..."

Gu Hui Yan laughed lightly, that girl was intelligent, courageous and high-spirited, if it was not a man with some ability, afraid that she couldn't be subdued. Therefore, Zhou Mao Cheng had been rejected, Gu Hui Yan was not surprised, because yesterday he just mentioned a few words and she could clearly contradict him.

However, speaking of Lin Wei Xi revitalizing family, Gu Hui Yan reminded of another matter. He personally wrote to Grand Princess Shou Kang to seek a daughter-in-law, unexpectedly she died of illness at the end of last year.

Gu Hui Yan still remembered that this daughter-in-law was named Gao Xi. In all fairness, Gu Hui Yan was quite satisfied with this daughter-in-law. It's just a pity that there were no fate, after all, you couldn't force it.

Shen shi had gone for ten years, and the old Wangfei had also died for a long time. Only two men remained in Yan Wang Mansion, Gu Hui Yan and Gu Cheng Yao. There was no mistress to take care the home, and the marriage of father and son had been delayed year after year. Gu Hui Yan didn't want to remarry himself, and of course he didn't bother to worry about Gu Cheng Yao's marriage. But Gu Cheng Yao suddenly sent him a half-fish jade pendant. When Gu Cheng Yao asked him to find the owner of this jade pendant, he was surprised.

Gu Cheng Yao was only sixteen years old, already knows how to find a wife for himself? Gu Hui Yan didn't care about family status, anyway, no matter what family status the woman had, to put in front of their family it was almost the same. Since Gu Cheng Yao liked it, as a father he didn't need to pour cold water on him. However, at that time Gu Hui Yan was still quelling the rebellion of Ding Duo Huo Ti tribe. He had no time to check the jade pendant of a woman, so he wrote a letter and sent it back to the capital together with the jade pendant.

Grand Princess Shou Kang was Gu Hui Yan's paternal aunt. Back then when the old Yan Wang had not move to the vassal state he was assisted by Princess Shou Kang, so the old Yan Wang and Wangfei had always valued the friendship of Princess Shou Kang. Later, after Gu Hui Yan's sudden emergence, his power greatly surpassed Grand Princess Shoukang Mansion, but Gu Hui Yan did not sever contact with the princess. The two families moved around fairly close, and Gu Hui Yan was also very courteous to this aunt.

Gu Hui Yan was not free, so it's logical for him to entrusted the matter of finding people to Grand Princess Shou Kang. The princess had always lived in the capital, and usually she had many contact with the womenfolk. It was more suitable for the princess to find someone than Gu Hui Yan. However, Gu Hui Yan didn't expect that he had just sent the letter away, and almost immediately, the princess sent the letter back, and the other half of the fish-shaped jade pendant came with the letter.

Oh, there was such a coincidence in the world, the woman Gu Cheng Yao was looking for turned out to be the granddaughter of Grand Princess Shou Kang. After he received the reply, Gu Hui Yan didn't say anything, and immediately took out his Yan Wang's seal, and sincerely asked for his son to marry the granddaughter of the princess, Gao Xi.

The news of marriage between the Duke Yingguo Mansion and Yan Wang Mansion was spread out in the capital. Two powerful families join together was a happy event. Gu Hui Yan solved his worry, and then concentrated on dealing with the war in the Northwest, not paying attention to the affairs of the mansion.

Gu Hui Yan knew very well about the situation of Grand Princess Shou Kang Mansion. Princess Shou Kang was favored before she declined. Her husband was a Tanhua in Chengwu dynasty era. The emperor's son-in-law couldn't serve as an official. Princess Shou Kang fuma was still a scholar with no foundation, it was a glory to marry a princess, but the future with the princess or as Tanhua he could only have one. Fuma official career was hopeless, he inevitably had to rely on the princess's face, and Princess Shou Kang also had a slightly stronger personality.

Later, the only daughter of Grand Princess Shou Kang, Wei Shi, was affected by the way her parents got along. After marrying into the Duke Yingguo Mansion, she refused to bend her waist and suffered a lot in concubine's hand. Wei shi's daughter, Gao Xi, couldn't accept it on her mother's behalf. She was competitive since she was a child, she had to be the best in everything she did among her sisters, even brothers. In Gu Hui Yan's view, a woman with strong personality was not a bad thing. On the contrary, if Gu Cheng Yao really liked the kind of gentle and weak woman, Gu Hui Yan would have to worry about the huge family business of Yan Wang Mansion. Moreover, Gao Xi, this junior, lived in Princess Shou Kang's mansion for more than half a year to received the princess's guidance, Gu Hui Yan was very relieved.

But Gu Hui Yan didn't expect in the period when he didn't pay attention to the affairs of the mansion, he received a letter informing the news of Gao Xi's death.

Although it was very disrespectful to the deceased to say this, but... Isn't it too soon? In particular, what made Gu Hui Yan frowned was the news that Gu Cheng Yao passed on along with the obituary of the deceased. Duke Yingguo Mansion intended to let Gao Xi's shu younger sister Gao Ran to marry as a second wife, and he already consented.

Gu Hui Yan didn't say anything at the time, but everyone present knew that Yan Wang was very upset about the re-marriage of his son.

Gu Hui Yan didn't know why he thought of his former daughter-in-law because of Lin Wei Xi. When Zhou Mao Cheng saw Gu Hui Yan's face a little gloomy, his unspoken grumble suddenly took a turn and swallowed. He looked at Gu Hui Yan's expression and said carefully: "Wangye, is it Shizi who wrote the letter?"

Gu Hui Yan sighed slightly: "The capital just sent a letter, his marriage to the third miss of Duke Yingguo Mansion is scheduled for next month."

Lin Wei Xi made a special trip to thank Yan Wang. She happened to hear this when she walked pass the window.

Gu Cheng Yao and Gao Ran will be married next month.

Author's note:

A good relationship can make people become better and a failed relationship can also destroy a person's self-confidence. Lin Wei Xi is now at a stage where she doubts herself and breaks her self-confidence because of her failed marriage.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

213K 4.1K 93
If she were to make the choice again, Ji Bai would never have let her two-faced sickly sister use her as a personal blood bank. She simply wanted to...
874 64 12
หห‹ยฐโ€ข*โ€โžท | ๐…๐€๐’๐‡๐ˆ๐Ž๐ ๐Š๐ˆ๐‹๐‹๐€ โ‹†ยทหš เผ˜ * ๊ฉœ ๐˜ล๐—ฟ๐˜‚ ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฎ๐˜„๐—ฎ ๐˜… ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—บ!๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ฑ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ แตƒแต˜ โป สฐแตƒโฑแตสธแต˜แต˜ โป แต’โฟแตแต’โฑโฟแต โ๐‚๐€๐”๐’๐„ ๐’๐‡๐„ ๐€ ๐…๐€๐’๐‡...
44.8K 837 17
Description: It was in the twentieth year of transmigrating into an abusive novel that I found out my husband, Pei Du, was reincarnated. Every encoun...
400K 8.3K 82
โ› ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ง๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ'๐˜ด ๐˜ง๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜บ ๐˜ค๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ... โœ ใ€” ๐ŸŒ‰ ใ€• ๐—œ๐—ก ๐—ช๐—›๐—œ๐—–๐—› .แŸ a famous singer secretly has insomnia. wha...