A Fox Surrounded in Darkness...

By kindheartedshutin

The Madrigals aren't the only family to be blessed with a gift in their Encanto. There is a second family nam... More

Character info
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Not a chapter
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Not a chapter
Chapter 9
Update-not a chapter
Chapter 10- The Rose-Red Tyrant
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Not a chapter
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Not a Chapter
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20- The Usurper from the Wilds
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Questions for the readers
Chapter 25
Chapter 27- Beanfest
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30- The Merchant from the Depths
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Life update
Jump Scares
Chapter 36- Camp Vargas I
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40- Terror is Trending
Chapter 41- Camp Vargas II
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44- Terror is Trending (cont.)
Not a chapter
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47- Spectral Soiree
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50 (April Fools')
Chapter 50
Chapter 51

Chapter 26

558 30 2
By kindheartedshutin

Your Pov...

Italics- thoughts

⦓Savanaclaw- Spelldrive Stadium⦔

"If you have that much power, why do this," Riddle shouted at Leona. It was kinda hard to hear over all of the sand.

"WHY," Leona mocked. "What do you care, kid? You gonna scold me? Try to talk me down? Don't you get it? Power alone ain't enough to make waves in this world. Look at Y/n here. She's like a muzzled dog. Pathetic, ain't it? Hard not to pity her. She would be in this position if she wasn't feeling so heroic. So much for not wanting to be involved."

"I couldn't let you hurt Ruggie," I gasped for air. The sand around me was so strong.

"That's enough," Jack yelled. "Unleash the Beast!" Jack used his signature spell and turned into what seemed like a giant wolf.

"What just—" Riddle exclaimed. Jack howled and growled at Leona. So he can transform too?!

"Whoa, what just—" Leona pulled me and we dodged a pounce attack from Jack.

"He broke Leona's concentration," Riddle said. "Off With Your Head!" A collar appeared around Leona's neck and the sand subsided. I moved away from Leona and was coughing, trying to get all the sand out of my lungs.

"That was beautiful, Riddle," Cater praised. "You stopped Leona's magic cold!"

"And he let go of Y/n," Deuce observed. "This way, quickly!" I make my way towards Deuce, but I am staggering a lot. I didn't even make it halfway to him before I collapsed.

✩░▒▓▆▅▃▂▁▁▂▃▅▆▓▒░✩

3rd Pov...

"Sebek, let's get the wounded somewhere safe," the silver haired boy called out.

"Do not presume to order me around, Silver," Sebek snapped but still rushed over to grab the unconscious fox.

"No..." Leona grabbed the collar in shock. "No! You can't collar a lion! And Jack! How did you... Transformation potions are forbidden! Where did you get that?"

"I didn't use a potion—" Jack said as he changed back. "That's my signature spell. With it I can transform myself into a wolf."

"What's that your saying," Leona mockingly laughed at Jack. "Every dog has his day? Well I guess you had yours!"

"Housewarden Leona, I want you to know..." Jack frowned. "I only came to this school because of how much I admired you! What happened to the man you used to be?"

"Shut up..." Leona growled. "Your dreams got nothin' to do with me!"

"I understand the irony of me being the one to say it, but it pains me to see you like this," Riddle sighed. "You'd be wise to confine yourself to your room and try to calm down!"

"What do you know about how I feel," Leona snapped.

"Would that the lion king of the savanna could witness this absolute farce," Lilia says. "No, if you ask me, the collar suits you far better than a crown ever could."

"Huh," Leona looked at Lilia flabbergasted.

"You may bemoan the fact that you're not higher in line to be king," Lilia smirked. "But with that sensitive ego of yours? That so quickly directs all your petty anger at your retainers... Well, the idea of you ever contending with a REAL king like our Malleus— is absolutely laughable. Even if you COULD defeat Malleus, so long as that's how you choose to conduct yourself? You would never be fit to rule!"

"Yeah, you're probably right," Leona began to laugh like a madman. "No, you're EXACTLY right...! I will never become king. No matter how hard I try!" The pressure in the stadium shifts.

"All my fur's standin' on end," Grim exclaimed and grabbed on to Ace's pant leg.

"The magic power within Leona is surging..." Riddle squinted his eyes at the power shift coming from Leona. "I don't think my collar can hold it!"

"No," Lilia eyes widen. "That isn't magic power. That's negative energy, which means..."

"Everybody, get down," Cater shouted. Everyone hit the ground in a panic. They all lifted their heads to look at Leona. "Riddle's collar flew off?!"

"I've been loathed since the day I was born," Leona says. "I've never had a place, never had a future! None of my hard work is ever rewarded! How could any of YOU possibly understand? MY disappointment?! MY pain?!" Leona completely overblots and his appearance changes.

"What's happening," Jack questioned. "Some kinda giant shadow is comin' outta him!"

"That's the incarnation of his blot," Deuce answers Jack.

"Is he goin' into evil darkness berserker mode like Riddle did," Grim sweat-dropped.

"If you can move, seek shelter," Riddle commands. "Ace, Deuce, help me take the wounded outside! Lilia, please get help from the faculty!"

"On it," Ace and Deuce agreed.

"Understood," Lilia complies. "Stay strong until I return!" Lilia leaves and Leona roars.

"Why does this keep happening to us," Cater questioned. "This is soooo not my #brand!"

"If you're afraid, feel free to run," Riddle says, unimpressed with Cater.

"Trey wouldn't let me hear the end of that," Cater declines. "We do this together, Housewarden! Though it may be kinda hard without Y/n helping us."

"I dunno what's going on, but if we hit Leona hard enough, maybe we can snap him outta it," Jack suggested.

"I'll help you," Ruggie says. "No way am I taking what he said lying down!"

"So even the lowly hyena turns against me," Leona glares at Ruggie. "What a total joke! Too bad it doesn't seem like the fox is here to turn against me too." Riddle, Cater, Jack, Grim, Ace, Deuce, and Ruggie get ready to battle Leona.

Outside the stadium, in the infirmary in the school, Sebek places the fox on the bed and Shibishu takes a look at the fox.

"I'm gonna have a long word with Crowley over her," Shibishu sighs.

"Has she been here before," Sebek questions.

"Yeah, she has a few days ago," Shibishu says. "Well more like every few days."

"How does she always end up hurt," Sebek frowns.

"I'm not sure," Shibishu shakes his head. "But to her it kinda seems normal, like she's always in some kind of pain."

"If she is supposed to be from a different world, why is being in pain normal?" Sebek voiced his thoughts. "I don't think it is safe for her to return to that world."

"I agree with you there," Shibishu agreed with Sebek. "I guess I have a lot of things to discuss with him."

"I would like to help look out for her," Sebek demanded, Shibishu jumped at the sound of Sebek's voice.

"Are you sure," Shibishu questioned. "That's a lot of responsibility."

"I am sure," Sebek grins. "I have heard Malleus-sama talking about a fox that he has met and I believe that she is the fox. I want to keep her safe for Malleus-sama."

"If that's what you wanna do that's fine," Shibishu sighed. He took a look at the fox's arm. He went to grab a potion and some bandages.

✩░▒▓▆▅▃▂▁▁▂▃▅▆▓▒░✩

Your Pov...

I open my eyes to see I'm in a white space. Did someone overblot? Who was it?

"From the moment I was born, there's been a boulder on top of me that's too heavy to move," Leona's voice rang out across the blank space. The space changed to a palace that was placed in a savanna.

"Crown prince Falena is such a bright and cheerful young man," an attendant said to another. They were both talking in the corridor. "I don't understand why his younger brother has to be so moody all the time."

"And he possesses such a terrifying power," the other attendant exclaimed. "Imagine being able to turn anything to sand!"

"Both of you, cease this conversation right now," a new attended was storming down the corridor. "What if someone overhears you?!"

"I bet that if I were the crown prince, this is what they would have said: 'Crown prince Leona is a judicious young man— look how he controls such powerful magic! I don't understand how Falena can be so carefree.'" I could here Leona's voice again. "This is all because I was born second. They'd find fault with me no matter what—just so they could use it as a pretext to praise my brother. No matter what I do, I can never be the best."

"Leona," a voice calls out. A new room appeared and a big lion was standing over Leona. "Why weren't you at today's ceremony?"

"Ceremony," Leona questioned. "Ah, you mean the self-indulgent party where you show off your son to the people? Yeah, sorry I missed that. I fell asleep."

"Showing the people the face of their future king is an important affair," the lion standing over Leona said. Wait, is that Falena?

"Yeah, it's a happy day for sure—also known as the day the despised second son loses what little claim he had to the throne forever," Leona sighs.

"Do not frame it in such terms," Falena exclaims in anger.

"Must be nice to be the firstborn, huh," Leona growled. "You can spend every day singing and napping and still become king."

"Leona..." Falena sighed. "You may never be king, but you are still wise. There is much you could do for this country."

"And maybe if this country selected its kings on the basis of intelligence, I'd be motivated to do something with that wisdom," Leona shoots back. He gets up and walks away from Falena.

"Leona, wait," Falena calls out to Leona. "Leona!"

"Why do I have to spend my life feeling this way, just 'cause I was born a few years too late," Leona's voice questions. "No matter how hard I study, no matter how powerful the magic I command... From the day I was born till the day that I die, no one will ever acknowledge that I'm better than my brother. I will never be king. Why did I have to be born second? Why will I never, ever get to be the best? Why? Why? Why? Life truly is unfair."

✩░▒▓▆▅▃▂▁▁▂▃▅▆▓▒░✩

3rd Pov...

Underlined- talking to oneself

Leona opened his eyes to see a jewelry vault. What is this, he thought. He saw a girl enter the vault and decided to follow her. The girl went farther into the vault, towards the middle. In the middle of the room, there was a glass case with a jeweled necklace. The girl went up to the case and opened it up. She took the necklace and left the vault. Leona followed behind the girl the entire time.

"You got the necklace," a male voice asked as the girl rounded the corner. Leona looked at the male and noticed that he looked similar to Y/n.

"Yes, Hitoshi," the girl said. "I got the necklace. It was extremely easy to get in and out."

"That's great Lucilla," Hitoshi grinned. "Let's go plant it in the dumb girl's room and the plan will continue." Hitoshi and Lucilla continued on their way to their destination. They stopped at a young girl's room and entered it. Leona watches the pair hide the necklace in the room and hears a scream coming from the vault. The pair leave the room in a hurry and go to a lounging room where other people also gathered. In the room, Leona spots a young fox in the corner of the lounge and makes his way over to her.

"Why do they do this to me," Leona hears the fox's voice. "I did not ask for this life, nor its responsibilities."

"Who took the family necklace," an older lady screeched as she entered the lounge with heavy footsteps. The young fox tried to make herself smaller than she already was.

"Why don't we ask the dumb fox," Hitoshi asks and the mentioned fox starts to shake in fear.

"It might be in her room," Lucilla grins.

"Y/n, if I find the necklace in your room..." the lady looked at the fox. "...there will be consequences."

"I-I don't have it," the fox tried to voice out, but it fell upon deaf ears as the lady stormed out of the lounge to the fox's room. Leona's vision goes white and now he is in a forest area.

"Hey, Y/n," a boy looked over at the fox. The boy and the fox were sitting at a base of a tree. "Why do you always wear long sleeves? Don't you get hot?"

"I do," the fox confirms. "My family makes me wear long sleeves to hide and conceal what they have done."

"Do... Do they hurt you," the boy questions in sadness.

"Not as much anymore, Camilo," the fox replies. "Since moving here they are leaving me alone, for once."

"We should tell Abuela," Camilo jumps up. "She can help."

"Your Abuela doesn't like me," the fox sighed. "She doesn't like me or my Gift."

"I don't think it's that bad," Camilo argues. "You do plenty of stuff to help out the village and Abuela is proud."

"If only you knew the truth," the fox muttered. Leona's vision goes white again.

"This is embarrassing," Leona opens his eyes and sees Y/n in front of him. "You weren't really supposed to see that."

"Some things about you make sense now," Leona dryly chuckled. "How many siblings do you have?"

"I have 3 older siblings," the fox replied. "Hitoshi is the oldest. My family are descendants of a royal family. The way the royal family worked is that the youngest in the child of the crowned pair would be the heir. The tradition stayed for thousands of years. But my family didn't like the fact of me being the heir, especially when I got my Gift. It was deemed dangerous and so I wasn't fit to become the head of the family."

"So your family wanted your downfall," Leona looked bewildered.

"Yeah, I was more interested in helping the people my family was supposed to watch over," the fox sighed. "The rest of my family wanted to keep their riches to themselves and leave everyone outside the family to fend for themselves. If my ancestors saw what their bloodline had become, they would be extremely disappointed. We all took an oath to protect and serve, not attack and destroy. I just wish things were different."

∙∙·▫▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫▫·∙∙

⦓Savanaclaw- Spelldrive Stadium⦔

"Hey!" Grim shakes Leona. "Wake up!"

"Huh," Leona opens his eyes. He opens his eyes to see the group surrounding him.

"I did it," Grim cheered. "He's awake! I was startin' to think you weren't ever gonna regain consciousness! Now, hurry up and confess."

"Wh... What," Leona questioned.

"Mr. Kingscholar," Mr. Crowley comes up behind the group. "Your negative energies accelerated your blot accumulation, inducing an overblot episode. Do you not remember?"

"Wait, ME...?" Leona went bug-eyed. "I overblotted? No way..."

"And more importantly, the Spelldrive tournament is about to begin," Grim exclaimed. "I'm gonna need you to confess that you're the culprit, so I'm allowed to enter!"

"If this is a joke, I ain't laughin'," Leona crossed his arms.

"The headmage got Grim's group to investigate the accidents in exchange for letting them compete in the tournament," Jack explained.

"Whaaat," Ruggie's eyes widened. "THAT'S what this has all been about?"

"You bet it has," Grim frowned. "And EXCUSE you?! You were the one pushin' people down stairs for the chance at a little fame and glory!"

"W-well..." Ruggie sighed, defeated. "Fair point, I supposed."

"Is he correct," Mr. Crowley asked. "Were you responsible for the series of injuries sustained by competing players?"

"...Yeah," Leona confirmed the allegations. "That was me."

"Very well," Mr. Crowley crossed his arms. "Then to begin with, Savanaclaw will be disqualified from this year's tournament. The rest of your punishment will be decided after I discuss it with the victims. Are we clear?"

"...Understood," Leona agrees. Ruggie and Jack only looked at Leona.

"Headmage, wait," Riddle interrupts the flow of the conversation.

"Mr. Rosehearts?" Mr. Crowley looks at Riddle and sees the other students with him. "And I see you're with... Ah."

"Correct," Riddle confirms. "They are the victims in this incident."

"Headmage, speaking on behalf of the victims, I have a request for you," Trey spoke. He was standing with Jamil. "We would like you to permit Savanaclaw to play in the tournament despite their crimes."

"What...?" Mr. Crowley was taken aback. "Are you saying...you wish to forgive their crimes?"

"You guys..." Ruggie said.

"No," Jamil declines. "That's the last thing we want."

"If Savanaclaw is disqualified from the tournament, we'll lose our chance at revenge," Trey grins.

"Wh-whaaat," Ruggie's ears went back and Jack was taken aback.

"Revenge," Jack repeated.

"After all, fighting with magic is forbidden on campus," Riddle explains.

"But during a Spelldrive game, it's all in the name of sport, right," Trey adds. "It just happens to be a sport where players face off using the fullest extent of their magic."

"Yeah," a student agrees. "If we lose our chance at revenge, it'll gnaw at us all year!"

"We throw down the gauntlet," another student piped in. "Duel us!"

"Plus, I dunno what happened here, but it looks like it left the Savanaclaw kids in even worse shape than we're in," Jamil pointed out.

"What we're saying is: now that we know who did this, we have an opportunity to hash things out on the field instead of letting grudges fester," Trey smirked.

"You've said it yourself, Leona—" Cater grins. "Fighting doesn't break school rules if it's part of a Spelldrive match!"

"Normally, I would demand their heads," Riddle frowns. "But if Trey and the others insist on settling their grudges on the field... I am willing to overlook their disregard for the rules this once."

"I understand where you're coming from," Mr. Crowley states. "However, the question is: Are the Savanaclaw students even capable of taking to the field? Mr. Kingscholar has only just regained consciousness!"

"Don't you underestimate me, Crowley," Leona laughed. "I wouldn't even need to be awake to handle this sorry pack of wounded herbivores."

"Wow," Jamil smirked. "Now THAT is audacious."

"I got no intention of bowin' to anyone," Leona grinned. "If you want my apology, come and take it."

"Do we have your blessing, Headmage," Trey asked Mr. Crowley.

"Dear me," Mr. Crowley sighed. "Aren't I the fool for thinking you all wanted to talk about your feelings? Your petition is granted. Savanaclaw will be allowed to participate in the tournament as originally planned. And as headmage, I very much appreciate that this will keep our little scandal under wraps as the whole world is watching. Well, the spectators have surely grown weary of waiting for the players to appear. Do make haste."

"All right, let's—" Leona gets up off the ground but staggers upon standing. "Urk! That hurt..."

"Don't think you've earned my forgiveness, or Y/n's," Ruggie frowns at Leona.

"Right, and," Leona deadpanned at Ruggie.

"Still..." Ruggie is unsure of himself. "I couldn't tell you why, but... It still pains me to see that pathetic look on your face. Your usual smug, sneering grin—somehow, that suits you better. So come on, now! Laugh With Me!"

"Owwww," Leona complains as his face contorts into a wide smile, copying Ruggie's smile. "Ruggie, what are you doin'...?!"

"I can't tell you how long I've wanted to do this," Ruggie laughs and so does Leona.

"Knock it off," Leona demands. "Now!"

"You guys are a buncha idiots," Jack dryly chuckled, looking at the duo. Jack looks at the group with a smile on this face. "I owe you guys for this. Thanks to you, I'll be able to go out there and give 100%."

"But on that field, we will be enemies," Riddle has a small smile and Jack frowns. "We will hold nothing back."

"I wouldn't have it any other way," Jack smiles again, his tail slightly wagging.

"Hey, Headmage," Grim calls out to Mr. Crowley. "We caught your guy! You know what that means... Time to cough up the reward you promised!"

"What," Mr. Crowley questioned. "Ohhh... I did promise you that, didn't I? But it's far too late. The tournament brackets have already been announced. What to do...?"

"WHAAAAAAAT," Grim exclaims. "You wretched, backstabbin' swindler! I am gonna make it rain fire, you liar!"

"Stop, please," Mr. Crowley barely avoided Grim's fireball attack. "Restrain yourself for a moment! I will...come up with something. Uh... Ah! I've got it! What would you say to playing in a special exhibition match? If it were held before the tournament itself, it wouldn't interfere with anything. And the eyes of the world would be squarely on you!"

"On me," Grim's eyes widened.

"B-but of course," Mr. Crowley smiled.

"Well, so long as I'm the center of attention, I guess that will do," Grim smirks. "This'll be great! After the scouts see me kickin' tail on TV, they'll be swarmin' all over me!"

"But for the other players... Ah, right," Mr. Crowley thinks. "And we'll need opposing team as well. Perhaps we could cobble one together out of faculty members..."

"You haven't given this any thought at all," Grim wailed.

"Hey, so, couldn't help overhearing..." Ace and Deuce approach Grim and the headmage.

"If you need some teammates, we could help you out," Deuce grins.

"What are you doing," Riddle questioned the pair. "You're members of Heartslabyul!"

"There's no tournament rule that says we can't play for another dorm's team," Ace points out.

"He's right," Trey chuckled. "I guess no one thought that would ever happen, so no one ever wrote it down."

"Ooh, now this sounds totes fun," Cater smiles. "I wanna be on Grim's team too!"

"B-but you're an actual member of our team," Riddle voices concern.

"Oh, poo..." Cater looks a bit dejected.

"I didn't go through all that just to sit back 'n cheer for you guys," Ace smiles. "If I'm getting the chance, I wanna play!"

"I'm not like him, okay," Deuce looks at Ace in disappointment. "I just want to have my friends' backs."

"If you need someone to play against, Savanaclaw will be happy to help," Jack offered.

"You will," Grim questioned.

"Of course," Jack responds. "Playing against the faculty would be no fun. We'll give you a proper match."

"Sa-weeet," Ace grins. "Guess you ain't such a jerk after all."

"Don't get the wrong idea—this is just payback," Jack scratches the back of his head. "I don't want that debt hanging over my head. You don't got a problem with it, right?"

"Yeah, sure, what's one more game when we're already at the brink of exhaustion," Ruggie sighs, throwing his hands up in defeat. "You're a monster, Jack."

"Pfft. I don't even care anymore," Leona rubbed his forehead. "Come and take your best shot, herbivores. It may be an exhibition match, but we ain't gonna be playin' footsies here. You better be ready for us."

"Ah, splendid," Mr. Crowley says. "And here I was bracing to endure another three-hour scolding from Professor Trein. Well, I believe that's four members on your team now, Y/n. You only need three more!"

"Um... She's not here," Ruggie frowns.

"Huh, where did she go," Mr. Crowley looked around at all the students in the area, looking for the fox.

"She is in the infirmary," Riddle explained. "She was very injured."

"Ah, so there are only 3 members for the team," Mr. Crowley sighs.

"Don't count us out," Fester appeared right next to Ace.

"Ah, that's right," Grim smirked. "We have more members in Ramshackle then just me and henchwoman!"

"Are you suggesting that I put ghosts on the roster," Mr. Crowley frowned.

"They are in our dorm," Grim argued. "Plus one of them has played Spelldrive before."

"Huh," Jack thought out loud. "Never thought I would play against ghosts."

"I can go get another ghost to fill in Y/n's spot while she's gone," Fester said and went to get another ghost. The other members got ready to play the pre-tournament Spelldrive game.

✩░▒▓▆▅▃▂▁▁▂▃▅▆▓▒░✩

Your Pov...

⦓School Infirmary⦔

"Ugh..." I open my eyes and I'm staring at a white ceiling.

"Hey, Y/n's awake," Grim climbed on top of my chest.

"Huh, where am I," I ask.

"You're in the infirmary, again I might add," Shibishu sighed. "Why do you keep ending up here?"

"I was protecting..." I let my thoughts run a bit before I sat up quickly, startling Grim. "RUGGIE!!! Is he okay?!"

"Yeah, I'm just fine," Ruggie says. I turn to look at him and I start crying.

"I'm so sorry," I cry.

"It's okay Y/n," Ruggie comes over and pats my back. "I'll be alright."

"Are all you done with the tournament," I ask.

"Yeah, you even missed the closing ceremonies," Ace replied. "They're taking everything apart right now."

"How did Savanaclaw do," I question, looking around at the group.

"Everyone we played was ignoring the disc and throwing everything they had at US," Leona frowned. I looked at him and he was in the bed right next to mine.

"We were dead on our feet by the time we faced Diasomnia, so they ended up taking first place," Ruggie frowned.

"Housewarden! Ruggie," Jack frowned as he entered the infirmary.

"Tch... Bein' stuck in an infirmary bed for anything other than a midday nap is about as lame as it gets," Leona crosses his arms.

"And what's worse," Ruggie pouted. "Not a single Diasomnia student ended up here."

"I'd heard the rumors, but man, seeing Disomnia's housewarden in action..." Ace sighs and looks down. "That dude does NOT mess around."

"Yeah, he was incredible," Deuce said. "You wouldn't have believed it, Y/n."

"Now I get why everyone think he's invincible," Ace says. "I can't even imagine taking him down."

"And with that attitude, you will never will," Jack stated. "You've let him beat you before you even face him. I haven't, though. Next year, I'm taking Diasomnia down. And I'll win by givin' it everything I got."

"Does 'everything' happen to include your capacity for evil," Leona asked.

"Seriously, Leona," I shook my head.

"What, I didn't do anything," Leona grins at me and I frowned. "I'm given' next year's tournament all I got, too. And I am gonna do whatever it takes to win."

"There's the Leona I remember," Ruggie laughed.

"I can already tell this isn't gonna end well," Jack scratched the back of his head.

"Next year, I wanna be in the tournament for real," Grim exclaimed.

"We need to practice so we can make the cut too," Deuce smiles.

"Yeah, no kidding," Ace smiled as well. "No way do I wanna embarrass myself in Grim's kiddie league again."

"Wait," I look at Grim. "You got to play on the field?"

"Yeah and I totally rocked," Grim smirked.

"I'm so proud of you," I smile as I tear up. I grabbed Grim and held him close.

"Unca," a kids voice entered the room. He was a small lion beastman with flame ombre-colored hair. "There you are! I finally found you!"

"What's a kid doin' here," Grim questioned looking at the child.

"Unca Leona," the kid pounced on Leona.

"The screech box found me," Leona sighed, looking down at the kid on his lap.

"'Unca' Leona," Jack repeated back.

"That furball's my brother's son, Cheka," Leona explained. "You know...my nephew."

"Your nephew?!" The rest of the guys and Grim exclaim.

"Ah, how cute," I cooed.

"So this is who's next in line for the throne..." Ruggie smiled.

"I saw you play, Unca," Cheka exclaimed. "You were so cool! Next time I visit, teach me how to play!"

"Fine, fine," Leona agrees. "Just stop screamin' in my ear. Where're all your attendants? They gotta be tearin' their hair out lookin' for you!"

"I couldn't wait to see you, Unca, so I left them all behind," Cheka laughed.

"So...the source of all Leona's anguish..." Jack looked at the kid.

"He's so cute," I smile. I move Grim to the side. "Leona, can I hug him?"

"Huh," Cheka looks at me and jumps over to my bed, right into my arms. "You are so pretty!"

"The kid sure seems to love everything about him," Grim responds to Jack.

"Shut up, all of you," Leona growls.

"So when are you coming home to see us, Unca," Cheka sits on my lap, looking at Leona in excitement. "Next week? And when's the next time after that? Did you read all the letters I sent you?"

"Look, I told you, I'll be back for the holidays," Leona sighs.

"This is priceless," Ruggie laughs. "So THIS is why you never want to go home to visit your family!"

"Are you all Unca Leona's friends," Cheka looked around the room.

"Yeah, we sure are," Ace said without missing a beat. "We're your Unca's besties! Ain't that right, 'Uncle Leona'?"

"U-Unca Leona..." Ruggie laughed then grabbed his sides. "Argh, it hurts so much when I laugh..."

"Go ahead, laugh it up," Leona frowned. "I'm gonna remember this!"

A/n- So this is the end of the Usurper from the Wilds. An event will be next. Try to take a guess which one it is!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

612K 15.3K 31
What happens when a child, not born into the Madrigal family, discovers the powers that they hold... a gift, if you will? Keep reading to find out...
124K 4K 100
The Madrigal family isn't the only gifted ones in the Encanto. They're just the loved ones. Y/n is part of the L/N family, who mirrors La Casa Madri...
36.7K 788 24
(Y/N) lost her family in a raid at her home village at the age of 4. While running away, she came upon, Casita, the house of the Madrigals. She is ac...