[Wattys 2024] The Music of De...

By FantasyWriter241

"It's my destiny to play music alongside the rest of you." (Y/N) (L/N) didn't exactly have it easy growing u... More

Introduction
Chapter 1 - Special Encounter
Chapter 2 - Welcome To CiRCLE!
Chapter 3 - Kira Kira Doki Doki
Chapter 4 - Same As Always
Chapter 5 - The Five Idols
Chapter 6 - Staying Devoted
Chapter 7 - Making Everyone Smile
Chapter 8 - Leading the Next Generation
Chapter 9 - Our Real Selves
Chapter 10 - An Unexpected Surprise
Chapter 11 - Fantasizing Lyrics
Chapter 12 - The Newly Formed Band
Chapter 13 - Still Inexperienced
Chapter 14 - The Mysterious Band
Chapter 15 - Discarding the Past
Chapter 16 - Secret Training
Chapter 17 - Destiny Unlocked
Chapter 18 - The Truth Comes Out
Chapter 19 - Spring is Here
Chapter 20 - Cherry Blossoms Everywhere
Chapter 21 - Stopping Destiny
Chapter 22 - The Sting of Defeat
Chapter 23 - Planning the Next Move
Chapter 24 - The Cave of Destiny
Chapter 25 - Being Confronted
Chapter 26 - Rematch of the Century
Chapter 27 - Going on a Date?!
Chapter 28 - A Rebellious Date
Chapter 29 - A Boppin' Good Time
Chapter 30 - A Dark Warning
Chapter 31 - Providing Feedback
Chapter 32 - The Collab Show
Chapter 33 - Dating the Rival
Chapter 34 - A Ramen Date
Chapter 35 - A Croquette Date
Chapter 36 - Intriguing Discovery
Chapter 37 - The Sealed Instrument
Chapter 38 - Precious Memories
Chapter 39 - A Date at RiNG
Chapter 40 - A Date with Rabbits
Chapter 41 - Horror Film Date
Chapter 42 - The Instrument of Destruction
Chapter 43 - The Stolen Pendant
Chapter 44 - Different Paths to Revenge
Chapter 45 - A Date with a Yandere
Chapter 46 - A Quiet Date at the Cafe
Chapter 47 - Wild Guitar Date
Chapter 48 - The Sudden Eclipse
Chapter 49 - The Huge Mistake From the Past
Chapter 50 - The God of Liberation
Chapter 51 - The Finale Draws Near
Chapter 52 - The Galactic Guitar Returns
Chapter 53 - The Rage Deep Inside
Chapter 54 - Going to the Aquarium
Chapter 55 - A Secret Date
Chapter 56 - A Stroll Through the Park
Epilogue - Declaration of War
Coming Soon

Prologue - The Beginning

1K 31 0
By FantasyWriter241

[Word count - 625]

Your POV

Hello, my name is (Y/N) (L/N), and I live with my adopted mother in an apartment. You might know my mom by her first name; Marina. And you might wonder... how she became my mother in the first place? Well, it went like this...

I was in an orphanage for most of my life. I watched the kids, who were in the same position as me, were getting adopted except for me. Seeing them happy made me sad. I had no hope on getting picked...

However, my frown was turned upside down when a young woman entered the orphanage. This was Marina, but up until today, I didn't know what her name was. I've seen her here before, though. It turns out that she is friends with the owner of the orphanage.

She spotted me and walked over to me with a smile on her face.

"Hi there, you're (Y/N)-kun, am I right?" She asked.

"Umm, y-yeah, that's me." I answered.

"It's nice to meet you, my name is Tsukishima Marina." She said introducing herself.

"N-Nice to... m-meet you, too." I stuttered.

And that is how Marina and I officially met. At the time, she was a few years too young to be a parent, but I wasn't worried about that. Ever since she introduced herself, Marina and I thought would often hangout together here in the orphanage.

She told some amazing stories to help pass the time. She would tell me real stories like how she used to be in a band with girls around the same age as her, or she'll tell me fictional stories like how this made up character name Dave is a total goofball. In that story, he once said...

"I love numbers. My favorite letter is a square."

Indeed. Having Marina here made my time
at the orphanage more bearable. This went on for a couple more years until I heard some news that changed everything.

"(Y/N)-kun, as of today, your time at the orphanage has come to an end." The owner said. "As of today, someone is willing to take you in."

I've been waiting to hear those words for so long now. I'm surprised someone actually wanted to adopt me. But who would want to waste their time on me anyway?

"Really? Who is it?" I asked.

"That will be me."

I heard a familiar voice coming towards me, and my jaw nearly dropped when I saw who it was.

"Marina!!!"

I ran over to give her a hug. She smiled as she got down on her knees and hugged me back. I was so happy that she picked me out of all the remaining kids.

"Hi (Y/N)-kun, are you surprised?" She asked.

"Yes! I am!" I said excitedly.

"Trust me, I would've adopted you sooner, but I wasn't in a good position to do so. But thankfully, the owner was kind enough to hold on to you until I was ready to become a mom."

Marina smiled at me, and it did sound like what she had to deal with wasn't easy. But to be honest, I wasn't that sad. Marina picked me out of the kindness of her heart, and to me, it was worth it.

I now have a new mom, and thanks to her, something amazing happened. But if you're wondering what it is, then... you'll have to read the story to find out.

To be continued

A/N: Hello, everyone. Welcome to The Music of Destiny, the new harem book for the collection.
Thank you so much for reading this chapter. I hope you guys liked it, and I'll see you in the next one. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

999 49 12
"I'll make sure to win your heart with my bushido fighting spirit." Poor (Y/N) (L/N) has been living in an orphanage for most of his life. People al...
4.4K 223 23
[A much better version of the one year anniversary book + 700 follower special] "What kind of destiny will await for me if I work here? Only time wil...
46.2K 1.6K 52
[A possible better version on the second year anniversary book] "If I work here, I might be able to find, the music within." (Y/N) (L/N) has always...
1K 34 8
Step into the shoes of Y/N, chuunibyou in recovery and highschool loser extraordinaire. Just as Y/N was about to move into his second year of High Sc...