and we hated

Af amyhopeey

APRIL There's one thing I know for sure: I hate Noah Coin. I hate him. He's the guy who broke my heart years... Mere

playlist
Fact no. 1: I hate Noah Coin
Fact no.2 : Noah Coin is a prick
Fact no.3: Spending your summer in the same house as your ex isn't the best idea
Fact no.4: Best friends are one's second family
Fact no.5: When people say they'll come on time, they'll usually be late
Fact no.6: The sea makes me do the craziest stuff
Fact no.7: The past will always haunt me
Fact no.8: Rosquillas are always the answer
Fact no.9: Having a sister-in-law doesn't suck
Fact no.10: Turns out a best friend usually knows your secrets
Fact no.11: Practice makes perfect
Fact no.12: Unfuckable should be a word in the dictionary
Fact no.13: That's my girl
Fact no.14: Never make your ex jealous
Fact no.15: Paintball is hot
Fact no.16: Punching a guy might lead to hooking up with the named guy
Fact no.17: I love Ferris wheels
Fact no.18: April takes her birthday very serious
Fact no.19: Messy can be good
Fact no.20: Here's to family reunions
Fact no.21: Adam Cunnan is a gentleman
Fact no.22: Getting wasted with Jacob isn't such a terrible idea
Fact no. 24: Laser tag birthdays are the best
Fact no.25: The basement isn't the best place for a secret hookup
Fact no.26: Alec Dunn should be a love therapist
Fact no.27: Guess they know
Fact no.28: Enemies-to-lovers is real
Fact no.29: A whole damn cake with the cherry on top
Fact no.30: Maybe a future with Noah isn't as bad
Fact no.31: Seeing a heart break hurts more than any punch
Fact no.32: I've never been more afraid
Fact no.33: I've never been more broken
Fact no.34: We lost her
Fact no.35: Maybe some days spent with my besties is just what I need
Fact no.37: Enemies-to-lovers is the best trope out there
Epilogue
Extended Epilogue
Author's Note
Sneak peek: 𝒢𝓃𝒹 π“Œβ„― π’»β„΄π“‡β„Šπ’Άπ“‹β„―

Fact no.23: Lover

2.7K 86 55
Af amyhopeey

APRIL

Day 2 of the week has started. Well, day 1 if you see it as full-day spent together, but day 2 my friends are here.

We are all relaxing on our beach, making me thank the universe again this summer house came with its own beach. No one is here to interrupt us and the beach isn't so crowded. The only people here are us. It's perfect.

The girls and I have been swimming until now, the guys came in later to join us. We ended up splashing each other, and laughing. Soph and Alec, Nini and Caden, Dia and Leo and Cami and Kai also did cute couple stuff. Caden chased Nini in the water, put her on the shoulder. They both fell in the water and as they came back up, they kissed some time. Soph and Alec also kissed, letting the waves around them. Alec was holding Soph in the air, her feet around his waist, arms around his neck. He was holding her protective, so that she doesn't fall. And then they kissed. I kept an eye on Dia and Leo, just in case. They kissed in the water. Not as aesthetic as the other couples, but still a kiss.

I remained with Nessie, and we played tag. Jacob and Noah soon joined in, and we ended playing chicken. Noah and I together, Jacob with Nessie. It was really fun, and I could feel Adam's gaze on us. I asked him whether he wanted to join, he told us he's alright. I didn't believe him, yet rolled with it.

We are now staying on our towels. Kai and Cami doing their usual kissing session, the Fab Five in the water, while me and my besties relax on the sand. Nessie is lying down, her head on my lap, a very smutty book in her hands. I sneak some glances at the pages from time to time, and can't believe what I'm reading. As I asked her, she said this was light compared to other books she has read. Sure, because someone saying "Grab onto the headboard" is very light.

Soph is leaning on my shoulder. Nini is in front of her, Soph playing with her hair. Dia is with Leo on another towel, the two kissing. I wished she were here, but they haven't seen each other in a while. I can understand her wish to be with him. Looking at Leo, it's not that he's not handsome. He's okay. Has same black hair, green eyes like Dia. Then again, he's not Jacob. Jacob, who last night went to get drunk with Caden and Noah, reason unknown. My guess: Jacob didn't take it well as Dia stopped their hug to go kiss Leo. And my guess number two, he didn't enjoy seeing the two kiss.

I asked Noah for details, he only told me he now supports the idea of the two being soulmates.

Point proven.

The girls and I are talking about something, as our attention is stolen and we completely forget what we were talking about. The Fab Five now emerges from the sea. And of course, they don't just get out of the sea. No. The five decided to make this all Baywatch style, running in slomo. Water dripping down their very packed chests, skin tanned, smile on. I can almost feel the sweat on me. The day suddenly got hotter. And judging the look on my besties' faces, they feel the same. Nini even bites her bottom lip while assessing Caden.

Did we just managed to get the hottest guys in the world fall for us?

I smirk at that thought.

The five come sit down next to us. While walking, Noah quickly bends down to me and whispers: "Next time, try to make the staring less obvious."

I frown at him and make a vulgar gesture. He smirks.

"So, anyone up to play something?", Jacob says. For a guy that was drunk last night, he for sure looks and acts all fresh and fit. As if last night never happened. Well, apart from me, Noah, Soph, Nini, Alec and Caden, no one knows what happened last night. Which is probably for the best.

"How about a sports tournament?", Noah suggests. He obviously said that. We just happen to have three sports captains on this trip.

"There's a beach volleyball court there", I add, pointing at the net on the beach. Jacob already starts smirking.

"I'm in", he says.

Alec frowns: "You're obviously in."

"Don't you think it would be a bit unfair?", Noah continues. "Given the fact Jacob leads the volleyball team."

"Scared of the competition, Coin?", I ask him smirking. Jacob smiles at me. Noah only glares.

"Yeah. I know when I'm in advantage and when not. Now, clearly not."

"But you will only play for fun", I continue.

"You're not playing with us?", he asks me.

"I'd rather stare the first round, thank you", I answer, smirking at him. He chuckles.

"Then, does anyone of you want to play?", Noah asks the rest of my besties. They make no move to standing up, all more than okay with staring.

"Fab Five game?", he asks the other guys. They all agree.

"What's the prize?", I ask.

"What do you mean?", Noah counters. "You literally said it's just for fun."

"The winner chooses a punishment for the losing team", Nini suggests. Everybody nods.

"Then, let's make some teams", Jacob says.

~

Fifteen minutes later, the two teams each stand on their part of the field. Team one: Noah, Caden, Alec and Adam. Team two: Jacob, Kai, Darrel and Leo. The Fab Five game got into a guys game when they realize they were five and needed eight people.

I know they made the teams this way to balance Jacob's knowledge in this game, but the blonde doesn't seem the least bit worried.

My besties, Cami and I are sitting on the margin of the field, ready to cheer for them. We decided to play another game afterwards with us playing too. But this game will happen in these teams. It is going to be too epic. Especially with the prize that's at stake.

Nini, Soph and I decided to be the ones who start the game. We're all standing next to each other, the ball in Nini's hands. The team without Jacob will begin. Guess why. Soph begins, a smile already on. As she looks at Alec, her face lights up even more.

"So, everybody ready?", she asks. As they all nod, we share a look and decide to start this.

"On your marks", Soph says.

"Get set", I continue.

"Go", Nini ends, throwing the ball to the starting team, and particularly to Caden.

Let the games begin.

~

Jacob is grinning above both ears as he leads the way to the living room. We've all been taking dinner outside after the day on the beach. Which left us all tired. After the Fab Five game, which Jacob won, obviously, we played beach volleyball in other teams. I knew that Jacob was good at volleyball before, since the guy clearly got named captain of the team for a reason, but seeing him now. He managed to win over Alec, Caden, Noah and Adam together. Of course, Kai and Darrel helped too, but it was mostly Jacob's win. He took the bumps, then either Kai or Darrel did the set and then came Jacob's killer spikes. Leo just stood there and watched for the most part of the game. And even though it was mostly a one-man show, they won. With ten points advantage.

After the guys' game, we remade the teams. Soph, Alec, Nini and Caden on one team, Noah, Adam, Jacob and me on the other. Nessie didn't want to play, neither did Dia. Leo was too "tired" from the first game and Dia stayed with him. Kai and Cami also decided to watch. The game between us didn't have any prize and we actually played for fun. I could also see how Jacob backed down on his killer spikes. We ended up having a tie with them, and I am sure that if he would have given everything, we would have won. With many points difference. I don't care though. It was fun.

I guess Jacob had fun too, since his smirk now says enough. Alec, Caden, Noah and Adam left earlier from the table to prepare their punishment. It only made me more curious.

The curiosity grows as Jacob makes us a sign to take a sit on the couch and we see the four in front of the TV, all looking like they are about to go to war.

"What did you make them do?", I ask, a bit worried as I see how pale Noah is.

"Nothing much", Jacob replies grinning.

"Asshole", Noah hisses at him while Caden shows him the middle finger. Alec is one step away from killing him.

"I recommend filming this, it will be the experience of a lifetime", the blonde continues. The death stares he gets from his friends only get more intense.

Smirk still on, Jacob takes the remote and opens the TV, which was already stopped on a karaoke video. From Lover. Taylor Swift. A smirk escapes from me too.

"You are for sure my favorite member of the Fab Five", I tell Jacob, to which he does a little curtsy. Noah glares at me. I smirk at him.

I then take out my phone and promise to send the video of the group. Because someone made a new group chat. With all of us ten. Called The Core Ten. I know, very inspired

Jacob starts the video and my besties and I all turn our whole attention to the guys. Who don't sing. The music keeps going and going and not a peeps. They start discussing a strategy, but not singing.

"You do realize you have to sing?", I ask, earning myself a proud look from Jacob and a round of nods from my besties.

"Shut up, precious", Noah lets out.

I show him the middle finger. He does a vulgar gesture back that makes me smirk and leaves the others chuckling.

As soon as they are ready talky-talking, they go back in position and begin.

Alec is the one who begins. He doesn't change his death glare or deadpanned tone as he says: "Ladies and gentlemen, will you please stand". I have to laugh at that. The guy seemed to be at a funeral rather than a party. And his expression pointed towards violence. It didn't match the song at all. The other seemed to think that too, since they all join the laughter. Only Soph glows with happiness and shouts: "Well done, babe!" Alec smiles at her, then returns to the cold state.

Caden comes up next, the complete opposite from Alec. The guy sings as if he were at America's Got Talent. The "With every guitar string scar on my hand" never was so dramatic. With hand gestures and all, he went full-in. I laugh again, Nini starts applauding and cheering for him, saying: "That's my boyfriend, y'all." Caden smiles at her and traces a heart in the air. Nini blushes.

Adam is next, and the way he sings even shows he's a CEO. He doesn't sing. It's like we would be having a meeting and he would explain to us the latest contract. The "I take this magnetic force of a man" almost became his latest pitch.

Noah comes last, with "To be my". He seemed so done with the world saying those three words, especially as Jacob jumps from the couch and yells: "Lover". The blonde has never been more excited. I throw Noah a glance and he smirks.

The music keeps playing but we already ditched the karaoke and went to talk to each other.

We spend the rest of the night talking and playing card games.

But at least one thing is for sure. Jacob will get to choose the punishments from now on.

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

29.4K 507 18
A girl named Diamond is in the senior year of middle school and she has a crush on the boy she loves. She makes her love known to him not knowing wha...
349K 13.1K 54
Meet Rachel Brody Everything comes easy to her. She has it all. Fame, money, boys. In one word popular. A Goddess amongst commoners. She is even the...
154 14 9
Summers are supposed to be that time of the year that you should look forward to. No school, hours at the beach, late night parties. What's not to lo...
3.1K 301 41
"Seriously you've dated the same guy since freshman year!" He asks astonished. I nod my head. "So, you've only kissed one guy?" I laugh. "Why does...