"I can't believe he's my Juni...

By Ai_Kiminatozaki

Hirai Momo, a 2nd-year student who's in a desperate situation wherein she needed to set her grades up high fo... More

Foreword
Characters
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7

Chapter 4

63 2 0
By Ai_Kiminatozaki

A day passed by since Momo and Tzuyu had an agreement between each other. A new quarter of the high school life had also begun.

Momo still couldn't believe the fact that she didn't know that Tzuyu was her junior. The younger look and act so mature for his age, plus add the fact that he's a tall guy who could rival basketball players for his height.

What she once had in mind was that Tzuyu's one of those students who applied for the class that only gifted students could join, as to why she never see her once at the second floor hallway where the room for 2nd-year students are located.

Then again, their classmate with 148 IQ would probably apply there instead of their section if it were to exist in their school.

But Momo had to admit, if that class really does exist, Tzuyu would pass with flying colors.

It's no joke that the Taiwanese was an exceptional student, which Momo had concluded since he started tutoring her.

Currently, they are at the library today; the right place to study for its quiet and peaceful environment. Lucky for them, there's no one inside that could witness Momo and Tzuyu together, except for the school librarian.

I mean, who hangs out at the library after class?

The two began their lesson for quite a while now. They're currently at the 2nd subject; Math, the subject Momo despises the most.

Tzuyu calmly teaches the lesson for the three main trigonometric ratios in the subject, for the 3rd time, despite seeing Momo's current struggles.

"I don't get how to solve these. These words all sound like nonsense." The Japanese girl groaned, slumping her head down onto the desk.

"Get up. Let's take a look at the lesson where this is from." The tall guy sighed and flipped over Momo's textbook, "You're supposed to use these three ratios. It says here 'sine equals opposite over hypotenuse'. To remember; say SOH-CAH-TOA."

"Souka- whatta the?"

"SOH-CAH-TOA." Tzuyu corrected, "SOH stands for Sine is opposite over hypotenuse, CAH stands for Cosine is adjacent over hypotenuse, and TOA stands for Tangent is opposite over adjacent."

"So ominous sounding..." Momo mumbled underneath her breath, her head aching due to how difficult it is to understand the lesson.

Tzuyu flipped the textbook to the next page. Momo almost fainted once she saw the problem exercises written down.

"I haven't taken this course yet and I get it now. Take a good look, noona. Here's how to do this exercise." Tzuyu picked up his pen and started writing the given problem on the paper, making sure to keep his pace slow for Momo to follow.

The tall guy solves the problem with ease. However, the girl beside her frowns at his work, her brows furrowing at all the numbers and symbols she sees on his paper.

"How about you try doing a problem now?" Tzuyu suggested, completely unaware that Momo's thoughts are flying around as she watched him solve the equation from earlier.

"I don't think I can..." The Japanese whined.

"You're not even gonna try? What part of it don't you get?"

"What is 'sine' supposed to mean? Like, what's even happening over here?" Momo pointed out at the answers that Tzuyu wrote, making the latter's jaw drop.

"You're kidding, right? How did you pass the chapters before this if you don't even understand that?"

"I didn't pass. Remember?"

"Oh boy..."

Tzuyu started over from the beginning of the chapter. But the more he explains, the more confuse Momo seems.

"Wait, but it says the angle is zero right there on the triangle!" The older exclaimed, pointing at a symbol written inside the triangle.

Tzuyu fought the urge to facepalm himself, "Noona... That's a theta symbol, not a zero. If the angle were zero, there would be no triangle."

"Yeah... Sure, I knew that..!" Momo slowly nodded, pretending to know what Tzuyu's talking about.

"Don't nod along with that blank look on your face when you clearly still don't get it!"

1 hour later...

"What is math? What does it have to do with real life? It's all made up, right?"

"This is making my head hurt, too..." The tall guy groaned, rubbing his temples to ease his stress from Momo's blabbering nonsense.

"Why do we have to start with something so complicated?" Momo whined, feeling hopeless and devastated by her zero progress in their tutoring lessons.

"Let's take a little break for now. Stop overthinking and reset your thoughts. We'll start with another subject lesson after a few minutes." The Taiwanese guy gave up hope for the Math subject, setting its textbook aside to search for a much simpler lesson to review.

The Japanese girl let out a sigh of relief, "Finally! I don't know how much more could I stand these academic-related shits."

"Well, now I know for sure what subject you should start learning next."

Before Momo could even respond to Tzuyu, a textbook was placed down on the table in front of her, which made the former see what the title of the book was.

"Language"

"No foul mouths while we're at the library."

Momo simply rolled her eyes at him, "Funny."

---

Timeskip

Momo stretched her arms out as she and Tzuyu exited the library, feeling mentally tired and exhausted from their tutoring session.

"Learning Math may have been hopeless earlier, but at least you did well on the other two subjects we learned about." The tall guy stated, trying to ignore the fact that he was trying to stay as calm as possible, despite being stressed out earlier for doing his best to explain everything to his senior

"I don't know how you do so well even though you're still a 1st-year. Those lessons haven't been tackled to you guys yet." Momo responded, feeling ashamed that her junior could do better in academics than her.

Tzuyu took a notice of it and decided to give her some encouragement, "Just always do your best. Try reviewing the lessons yourself at home for you to at least remember them."

"I'll take note of that, thank you."

Momo really appreciates how Tzuyu makes it seem like she isn't to blame for not being able to keep up with their lessons. She even likes how much he encourages her even if tutoring her was a hassle.

"I'm sorry if I'm probably too advanced when teaching you. I'll try to think of a better way to make you understand the lessons we're going to review." Tzuyu apologized, scratching his head as he looked away awkwardly.

"Don't worry, I know it's hard to teach someone like me, to be honest." Momo laughed it off, "My best friend know some ways of how to make things easier for me to understand. That's why I passed middle school and my 1st year. Though I barely did for the latter."

"I see. I'll take a note of that." Tzuyu nodded as he flung his backpack over his shoulder, "I should probably get going now. I'm already 10 minutes late for our baseball practice."

Momo gasped, "Oh no! I'm really sorry for taking your time-!"

The Taiwanese gave her an assuring smile, "No worries. I'll see you tomorrow then, noona?"

Momo still couldn't get used to being called an older sister by someone who looks more mature than her. She've told him before to call her just by her first name, but he insisted due to their relationship status.

"Thanks again for being patient with me. Goodluck on your practice!"

The two waved goodbye at each other. Momo just stared at Tzuyu's direction who rushes towards the school's baseball field for their practice.

---

"You're late, Chou. Did something happen?" The team's baseball coach wondered as soon as Tzuyu arrived at the field, already wearing his full player uniform.

"Ah, no worries, coach. I just bumped into a friend earlier today. Guess I loss track of time while talking to them." Tzuyu let out a chuckle. His tone and actions all seem so natural, fooling his coach effortlessly with his made-up excuse.

From nearby, Tzuyu's best friend, Sana, listens to his and their coach's conversation intensely.

"Tzuyu's never that late just because of a friend. This person must've been someone worthy of his time." Sana thought to himself as he stared at his stunning best friend, admiring his angel-like figure from behind.

"I'll let it slide for now since you're our ace player. Make it up for me by being the pitcher for this practice." The coach stated, handing Tzuyu a baseball and a mitt, gesturing over the pitcher's mound.

The guy gave him a salute and a grin, taking the equipments from his hand. "Will do, coach!"

As Tzuyu jogged over to the pitcher's plate, Sana couldn't help but stare at his direction. Jealousy fills his system as the thought of his best friend with someone else kept repeating inside his mind.

"I wonder who were you with earlier?"

***

To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.1K 839 15
A cold boy named Chou Tzuyu from Taiwan along with his friends, Son Chaeyoung and Yoo Jeongyeon are in JYP university. There's three girls which are...
57.2K 1.7K 16
Tzuyu is a guy here! Including Dahyun, Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung. And everybody is the same age. Tzuyu with his dashing looks, never fail to melt teen...
40.1K 2.1K 32
[Teacher x student] "Love is just a silly, chemical reaction that goes off in your brain to make you think that you love someone but in fact, love is...
204K 5.2K 43
Son Chaeyoung, Yoo Jeongyeon, Hirai Momo and Chou Tzuyu as guys and Im Nayeon, Minatozaki Sana, Myoui Mina, Kim Dahyun and Park Jihyo as girls. Mina...