Treacherous (Taylor x Fem OC)

By andshesweird

Emmy-award winning and Academy Award winning actress Wrenley James Grant attends the 2016 Met Gala, expecting... More

Introductions
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52

18

10K 413 157
By andshesweird

A/N: Sorry I missed last night's update! I was kind of high...and fell asleep. And also I GOT HIRED FOR BARNES AND NOBLE TODAY BITCHES!!! The job I've wanted since I was like TEN. 13 years later and I got it LOL

Anyway, enjoy!

Taylor POV

If someone were to tell me that I would actually be eating lunch in a haunted cemetery today with my horror-crazed girlfriend, I would've thought you were joking...well, actually I probably would've believed you because it's definitely something I figured she'd make me do at some point.

What I didn't expect, however, was that I'd enjoy it.

Yet here we are, seated in a literal abandoned, haunted cemetery. After leaving that bookshop, we walked around the beautiful little bay town, looking at the gorgeous architecture and the houses in neighborhoods that I could only imagine have so many stories behind their shingles and within their walls.

We stopped to grab some food to which I begged for just McDonalds. Wren looked quite entertained and relieved at the ask and so we went, Wren getting me an Oreo McFlurry with a number seven mean, the two cheeseburger meal of course.

Once we've collected all the food and Wren shows that she brought us water bottles, she leads me down a few roads and through a very sketchy little mini-forest.

"Look, I know I can be annoying sometimes, but if you're taking me through these creepy woods to kill me, you should know that it's your responsibility to care for my cats."

My girlfriend–will never get tired of that–rolls her eyes dramatically at me and takes my hand,

"Taylor, Taylor. If I were to kill you, I certainly wouldn't do it in the woods of Long Island. And certainly not in the Summer. I'd at least wait until Winter so that I could use an icicle as the weapon. Once it melts, poof, no fingerprints or evidence. Case closed."

I stop sipping on my water and side-eye her, heavily. She raises an eyebrow at me when I stop dead in my tracks, staring at her with an open mouth, jaw dropped in concern at how thought out her plan to kill me is.

"Remind me to stay away from you in the winter."

Rather than ease my worries and new thoughts that Wren may actually have my murder all laid out, she just shrugs, giving my cheek a small little squeeze similar to that of your weird Aunt on the holidays, scrunching her nose down at me.

"It's so sweet that you think you could stay away from me."

My jaw falls even further, scoffing at her cockiness and the mischief behind her deep blue gaze. She just always has a way of catching me completely off guard. Not a second or day goes by where I don't absolutely adore the humor of Wrenley James Grant, even if it is at my expense.

"It's just right up here," Wren leads me through a clearing, her camera at the ready, snapping everything she could see.

I love seeing her like this, seeing her so in touch, so joyous. Even though where we are going is absolutely terrifying, she seems so giddy, and I love being able to share this with her. Something she really enjoys, even if it is scary, she likes horror.

When we reach the cemetery, however, it's less scary than it is absolutely beautiful. The gravestones are withered, vines growing up the worn stone. I walk up to one, absolutely amazed by it, dragging my fingers over the lifespan dates, the name, shaking my head in astonishment.

"This is insane."

"Right? Just left here, untouched, forgotten for over a century."

I can see her taking photos out of the corner of my eye, but she then sits on a patch of open grass, pulling out a blanket and the food from her bag, while I take a look around.

Everything here is just so...incredible. There's tombstones of varying sizes, weeds growing all over, clearly unkept, but it adds to the character.

"What makes it haunted? Aside from the dead people," I breathe out, turning to Wren who looks around herself by just swiveling her head.

"From what I researched, it was said that a young girl fell in love with her brother's girlfriend. The two of them would see each other in secret, exchange letters, visit this cemetery, the only place they got to be alone unseen. But one day they were discovered, and were killed just for being gay. They were beaten to death right over there–" She points to the archway of the entrance for the graveyard as shivers travel up and down my spine.

"Killed for being in love. So they haunt this cemetery, specifically against men since it was the girl's father and brother who did the killing. Sort of a different take on Romeo and Juliet, if you will."

I take it in, breathing in deeply, feeling a strong sense of pity and sympathy for the two women. They just wanted to be with each other, be in love, but they got killed for it. They tried to survive in secret, sharing subtle moments together, only finding solace in one another, but it was doomed from the start.

Still, sad as it is, they did get to have their forever. I like to think that now they are together wherever their souls went and are happy, away from the torture and the violence and hatred.

Getting killed just for loving someone?

Seems like our world hasn't changed much, even if it was decades ago. The world still has that sickening view, trying to divide true love. And now look at where I am, where Wren and I are. It's a weird sense of relatability towards these two late women.

"Do you think they're mad that we're here?" I whisper, suddenly overly aware of every breath the trees take and every scratching of leaves.

I take a seat on the blanket with Wren while she shakes her head.

"I think they're happy we are. That two women could be together."

"In secret," I mutter and Wren sighs, "I know. You're the one who wanted that, remember?"

"I know. And I know it's for the best right now. I just...wish we could do this in a more public setting without getting ripped apart."

Wren divvies out the food in a cute little organized formation, her attention to detail utterly flattering on her, especially when she pulls out a candle of which I stare at with a raised eyebrow.

"That will stay lit for approximately five seconds before the wind kills it."

The Brit stares at me, then smirks as she moves her finger under the candle, clicking something and the top of it lights up.

Battery powered.

"Oh."

"I'm almost insulted by how dull-minded you believe me to be."

Rolling my eyes, I lean back on my hands, breathing out while graciously taking a handful of fries to eat.

"You know, for a real and official first date as girlfriends, I'd say this date beats all other dates I've ever had in life."

"Really? Even going to the Central Park Zoo with heartthrob Harry Styles from One Direction?" She says this with an overly ecstatic fan-girl impersonation voice that makes my face crinkle with laughter, shaking my head at her ridiculous antics as I think back to my short-lived relationship with Harry.

"You know, he did buy me a hot dog that day," I tilt my head in wonder, acting as if I'm still pining over my now friend, to which Wren pouts and looks around at the food.

"I bought you a whole buffet of McDonalds and we are eating it in a deliciously haunted cemetery!"

Snorting whilst she opens her arms wide, dramatically exclaiming her words as if I just crushed her entire spirit. Her deep blues are wide mouth agape with faux hurt while I attempt to contain my laughter.

Reaching over, I grab the back of her head and tug her in closer, not giving her a moment to react before I plant my lips onto hers. Wren exhales lightly into me with a satisfied hum. I can literally feel her melting into the action, and it feels oh so fantastic.

Kissing Wren just feels right. Like everything I've ever dealt with in life, every hurdle I've jumped over, every obstacle I've had to maneuver around, every single pot hole and bump in the road damaging the wheels of my car taking me on my journey have all led me to her, right into her hands.

And boy does she have me, she doesn't even fully know it yet. Maybe I don't either.

But all I know is that with every kiss we share or look exchanged across a crowded room, it's as if all time freezes, all the lights turn off except for one, that light being just her.

Where has she been all my life, anyway? We've run in the same circle for a few years, after all.

She's close with Emma, Jennifer, Hailee, and so many other people I consider friends, yet I've never met her.

I wish I did, otherwise we wouldn't have wasted so much time getting here.

Still though, it's worth it.

A cool breeze passes through us as we part and Wren keeps her face close, leaning her forehead against mine with that cute little smile of hers, a gentle blush gracing her toned cheeks.

"I think the sapphic ghosts are enjoying this."

Giggling, my whole body reacting to it, I still don't pull away, the moment still feels present, and she doesn't either. She just leans into me more, closing her eyes as she breathes in, our foreheads together whilst she takes my hands in hers lifting them to her lips to kiss them sweetly.

Forehead touches have slowly become our thing. It feels more special than anything else, intimate, billowing with trust and raw emotion. I knew it was Wren's own personal love language when it first happened, I saw the effect it had on her, how she breathed in so deeply, looking as if all the worries in her body just floated up into the air, away from her even if just for a moment while we sat like that.

So I always make sure to slip them in, to not pull away until she does first, to not tarnish the beautiful gesture.

Once she does pull away, though, we begin to eat and fall into easy conversation, though I didn't once realize the camera she had set up a bit aways from us, capturing the date in its true authenticity.

When I do notice it, it's when we finish eating and she stands up to grab it.

"Why was it over there?"

"Well, Miss Swift, that would be a secret."

I stare at her suspiciously, quirking up an eyebrow with a narrow gaze, "What is my girlfriend up to, hmm?"

She pauses in her step, looking up from the film she was so closely watching on the device, those deep ocean blue eyes looking in mine. I almost feel like I could sink and drown in them, and I'd be perfectly okay with that.

It's no joke when people say that eyes are the window to the soul, though I assume the whole world is talking about Wrenley's eyes.

They show a whole movie, a plethora of emotions just swimming around, a mirror to show me what she's nearly seeing, and it's nothing short of stunning. I can see the reflection of the trees in her gaze, how their branches bend over us as if willing us closer, protecting us from above, keeping us here in this little safe haven.

I tilt my head up at her, curious to her awed expression.

"What?"

Wren fumbles with her camera, catching it before it falls with clumsy hands and ever so cute quick steps, licking her lips anxiously as she offers a shy smile.

"N-nothing I just...I like it when you call me that."

My heart could explode with how adorable she is right now. My body buzzes with light, flutters tickling my skin and heart, breathing in the sweetness of her stature.

I take another step in, looking down quickly and curling my fingers gently around her waist, blinking up at her slowly, the smile creeping up on me with teasing joy.

"I like calling you that too, girlfriend."

She cups my cheeks in her hands, brushing her thumbs over my skin with a soft and warm touch that sends shivers down my spine. Wren doesn't lean in, she doesn't steal a kiss, she just looks at me, those stories returning to her eyes, the beautiful entrance to her soul and heart showing itself to me.

Selena was right.

"Well then, girlfriend. How about a dance?"

"A dance? In this haunted forest graveyard place?"

Wren flashes that charming crooked smile of hers and takes a step back, placing the camera on the head of a tombstone, clicking a button that I assume means she's recording, pulling her phone out and typing and tapping until I hear "Songbird" by Fleetwood Mac playing, then turning to me with a hand outstretched.

"A dance in the face of past lovers, to show them that they are not alone, that their story is not yet over."

My heart pounds against my chest as I look from her hand up to her eyes again. A woman who is poetically speaking to me, making dancing in a haunted cemetery after housing a shit ton of McDonalds sound like the most romantic thing on the planet, is something I never thought I'd get. Yet here we are.

"God it's so sexy when you get all poetic on me," I breathe out, not even realizing I'm saying it until I do, but I don't regret it one bit.

Wren toothily smiles at me while I take her hand, jolts of electricity shooting up my fingertips. She pulls me close, one hand on my waist, the other still in mine while my free hand rests atop her shoulder, dancing like we did that first night in my home in New York.

And just like that, I feel as though I just got lifted up into the heavens, asked to dance with an angel in the clouds.

Our eyes lock onto one another's, and I swear I can see colors floating all around, the sky smiling down on our dancing figures, trees whistling in the wind in tune with the song, I even catch a glimpse of what I thought was a mist off to the side that looked somewhat like two other women dancing together, holding one another in a beautiful embrace.

It shouldn't feel this perfect, this is something that only happens in the books and movies, not real life.

I've even started believing that songs I've already written and put out over the years have really been about her all along, I just didn't know it, or her, but my subconscious did, my heart knew she was coming, she would show up on my doorstep one day and sweep me off my feet like in the fairytales.

And she did.

Wren POV

The last location of the day I knew would probably be her favourite.

Figured it'd be nice to do something I know she'd enjoy since she was such a trooper in the cemetery.

So I rented out The Planting Fields, anonymously of course so as not to have people losing their minds over it. But I of course had to deal with some things so Christi arranged NDAs for mine and Taylor's protection.

"Oh my gosh, this place is absolutely gorgeous, Wren."

"I figured you'd like it," I smile, standing still while she walks forward, eyes brightly in awe of her surroundings, touching the historical light white bricks of the 1920s golden-era landmark.

The 400-acre land of the Coe family stands stunningly, with beautiful grass, greenery, and a big castle-like mansion that Taylor is currently almost drooling over. It has her name written all over it.

"You rented this entire place for us?"

Sheepishly, I rub the back of my head as I shrug, smiling at the woman of my dreams as she smells some of the flowers along the walkway.

"I did."

Turning on her heels, she looks at me and skips over, jumping up for me to catch her as she connects her lips with mine.

"You're the best girlfriend ever. This place is truly beautiful."

A tour guide approached us, also signed an NDA, but she's very kind and respectful, much to my relief. She takes us through a lot of the area, showing us different spots. I make sure we leave the garden for last, so as not to ruin the last surprise, especially since I want to get there around sunset to add even more to it.

But we stop at the Coe Hall, a gorgeous outdoor hallway with stunning stone archways and flooring.

Taylor runs her hand up one of the columns and I take the opportunity to snap some pictures of her, my heart jumping for joy at the smile plastered on her face, the utter fascination etched into her features with every single detail of this beautiful arboretum.

Our guide leaves us be for a bit and Taylor comes over to me, leaning her head on my shoulder as I lean on the wall, feeling giddy at her joy and touch.

"You're getting major girlfriend points for this, I hope you know that."

"Oh yeah?"

"Absolutely. I don't know how I'm going to out-do you with this."

"Better start brainstorming, blondie. I've got a few more tricks up my sleeve."

"Oh do you now?" She smirks at me, intrigue piqued.

"Absolutely."

She hums a small laugh, slipping her fingers into my own, giving me a light squeeze as she looks around but I chuckle,

"NDA."

"Thinking of everything, I see," Taylor says before lifting a hand to pull my chin down of a quick chaste kiss.

Florence is right.

I'm terribly down bad for this woman.

We make our way towards the pool where Taylor whimpers in despair of not being able to jump into it. She goes on a rant on how she truly believes she was born in the wrong decade, and that all she wants in life is to "party like Gatsby and swing from chandeliers." I have to remind her that she practically is the Gatsby of our time given that she has the money to do all those things, and the response I get is anything but pleased.

If I could describe it well enough, she elbowed me and grumbled something about how it's not the same, pouting longingly at the pool that I also note has probably been moulding for decades and is not even close to sanitary.

"You had so many girlfriend points until you ruined my fantasy."

"Hey now, your fantasy could still be there, if you like mouldy pools."

Taylor snorts with a shake of her head, "I hate you."

"Such hurtful things you say to me," I sigh playfully, following our guide to our last spot, right when the sun has started to set.

"Oh my gosh," Taylor whispers out, hand going over her chest instantly upon seeing the setting.

My cheeks flush with nerves as we approach the candlelit dinner in the middle of the estate's garden.

Planning this day was one I stirred with for days. I know it doesn't seem like much, a trip to Long Island, going to a cute indie bookstore, fast food lunch in a graveyard, then taking a train to a historic town on the water to tour a huge historic estate and ending the day with a dinner in a garden. Well, ending the day with a probably over-the-top exquisite dinner for two under candlelight and battery-powered tree-hanged chandeliers, but I have been freaking out about it.

I called Selena and Florence last night just to make sure Taylor would actually like it and the both of them thought it was a great idea, they actually almost cried at it, much to my surprise, but it helped ease it some, though now it feels like it was all useless.

I've never done anything like this.

Sure I've taken women on dates, but I've never stressed so intensely about the details straight down to the design of the plates, the types of flowers on the table, and the timing of the sunset.

Glancing nervously over at Taylor, I can't gauge her reaction at all. Her jaw is dropped open, but I can't tell if it's absolute horror and discomfort or if it's positive.

So, like the nervous wreck that I so unproudly am, I fidget with my hands and clear my throat.

"I know it's a bit much...I just really wanted today to go well, you know? So I kind of went over the top with dinner to try and make it as romantic as possible but if it's too much then we can totally–""I love it."

I stare at her wildly, but when she turns to me fully, I can see the tears glistening in her eyes.

Taylor sniffles as she shakes her head, a wide smile of near disbelief spreading across her gorgeous face.

"I-I love it. Wren, you...you did this all for me?"

Squinting slightly, I swallow and shove my hands in my pockets, rocking back and forth on my heels, slapping my lips together.

"Yes."

Taylor wipes at her eyes and doesn't waste anymore time. She takes quick strides towards me, taking my face in her hands and slamming her lips into mine. It catches me slightly off guard, but I catch her waist and respond back with enough push and passion.

The beautiful blonde kisses my cheek after, then the side of my head until she nestles her face into my neck, tightly wrapping her arms around my frame, sniffling into me.

"Thank you."

Her words hold so much more weight than just those few letters, that much I can feel. I hold her with just as much caress, care, and gentility. I breathe in her addicting scent, that woodsy, vanilla-like smell blessing my nostrils.

When we part, she grips onto my hand and I breathe out a light laugh as I use my thumb to delicately wipe her tears, "No tears, love. No need for that."

"I can't help it. You just make me so happy."

My chest fires up with warmth and the thudding beats of my heart. The idea of her being happy because of me makes me feel all giddy inside, like I am finally doing something right in my life. I continue wiping her tears and kiss the tip of her nose.

"That's all I want to do. Come on," I whisper, squeezing her hand and leading her towards the table.

I pull out her chair with one hand, using the other still in her grasp to help her into her chair. I kiss the back of her hand as I do so, jumping for joy internally with that look of pure adoration she's giving me.

No one has ever looked at me like that before.

I hope I never cause her to look at me any other way.

"Always pulling my chair out for me like a true gentlewoman."

"My baby deserves the best always," I reply, giving her a short but sweet kiss, smiling into her lips when I feel the curl of her own against mine.

I sit opposite her and she looks out at the river not far from us.

"You timed it perfectly. The sunset is gorgeous tonight. This view is perfect."

"Agreed. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect view," I say, looking directly at her as she watches the sunset.

I take out my camera again, snapping a quick photo of her, then return to the meal they had prepared in front of us; swordfish with veggies and some Pinot Grigio in our glasses, the bottle sat in the middle of the table for refills.

Taylor whips her phone out, grinning widely, "You look so pretty right now, Wrenley James."

She's trying to kill me.

I can't fight the ridiculous, middle school giggle that comes out of me. I cup my hands over my mouth as I tilt my head shyly, trying to hide from the camera as she takes pictures, the sound of her laughter being music to my ears.

Taylor moves her phone around, clearly taking a video now of the setting of our romantic dinner, then returns it back to me while I turn my attention to the wine glass that has appeared in my hand, sipping on it and raising my eyebrows at the camera, winking with a short chuckle.

"You're so cute," Taylor scrunches her nose cutely, lowering her phone after typing something.

I don't think I've ever had a better date before. Today was utterly picture perfect. And I have the footage to prove it. A memory recorded for the books.

The whole meal, we talked about anything and everything. Taylor tells me a bit of her childhood, how she was in school, how people thought she was the weird girl who reads too much, to which I could absolutely relate to.

And then she hums lightly, swirling the wine in her glass as the topic changes to her parents, how her mum has been doing well from recovery, much to my joy to hear.

"What is it?" I ask and she smiles nervously, shaking her head.

"Nothing, it's nothing."

"You do know that by now I can see right through you, correct? What's going on in that beautiful mind?"

Her eyes meet mine in a flicker of wonder and hope, something that only increases my interest in her thoughts, and she sighs, biting on her lip gently before speaking.

"I want you to meet my parents."

Oh.

Swallowing, I nod slowly and furrow my eyebrows in thought, "Right now?"

Taylor sneers playfully and chuckles, "No, not right now, but soon. I know you have filming coming up and all, but I eventually want you to meet them."

"Do they know about us?" I question carefully, trying to see how it would go.

My girlfriend smiles nervously, "Not officially, but my mom's been teasing me about you since I first told her about you after the Met Gala."

"She wha–seriously?"

"Yes, seriously. I think she knew before I did. All the more reason to introduce you two. I think she'd really like you, my dad too."

The idea of meeting her parents, while I know it definitely has to happen, scares the absolute shit out of me. Katrina's parents hated me, said I was nothing but broken goods and wasn't worth the time, and then of course there's my own parents who wouldn't even give me any time, let alone spend their own thinking I wasn't worth it.

The only parents I met that liked me are Florence's parents, but I'm still convinced they took a liking to me out of pity, even though I love them to absolute bits.

"I'm not trying to overstep or anything. Babe, it's really not that big of a deal, I was just putting the idea out there."

I snap back to the present and return my attention to the beautiful woman across from me, smiling anxiously even though I am attempting confidence that clearly doesn't translate as intended.

"No, no, I would love to meet them. I just...don't have the best history with parental figures."

She gives me a look that fills me with embarrassment, an uncomfortable feeling rising, despite her attempts to help by taking my hand and reassuring me, but she doesn't really understand. I don't even really understand.

"They will love you, Wren. I promise."

"What if they don't?" I mutter, chewing on the inside of my mouth but she just breathes out a laugh that makes me look up again, feeling a bit of ease from the light look on her face.

"They will. But let's not talk about it right now, we can come back to it at a later date. Today and tonight is just about us, no distractions, no worries, just us."

And so we do. And the rest of the night is absolutely fantastic. Taylor takes a selfie with me on the train ride home, posting it to her SnapChat with a caption over it saying.

taylorswift: She forced me to go to a haunted cemetery today.

I smile at it, screenshotting the photo while we exchange looks only we understand while in a subway car full of strangers, but I can't keep my mind off her parents.

She's talked about them countless times and I want to meet them, but that fear won't go away.

The worry that they'll help her realise just how badly I don't deserve her. That they'll tell her I'm not worth it and I'll lose her like I have in my nightmares as of late.

The worry that they will utterly despise me and disapprove.

Taylor leans in closer and whispers to me, "Thank you for today. It was the best day ever, truly. And I'm going to show you how much I appreciate it once we get back."

Her breath tickles the hairs on my neck and I'm almost positive anyone can see the goosebumps that have formed as she pulls away, a proud little grin toying at the corners of her lips as she returns to her phone, satisfied with the effect she had just placed on me.

My GOD, I don't know what I'll do if they don't like me.

Especially because today only confirmed what Florence has been teasing me about all week: that I'm falling for her.

__

A/N: Cute date day for my favorite couple :)

What do you think will happen?

What do you want to happen?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

218K 8.7K 43
Taylor Swift and Emma Quinn had no business knowing eachother and probably would never have met if it wasn't for one wrong numbered text. Suddenly t...
499K 31.7K 43
[Instagram] 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐒𝐬_𝐧𝐲𝐜 Hey @taylorswift , looking gorgeous in our design! What are you doing this weekend? I think you're going to love ou...
123K 6.2K 52
ATM is a global sensation, no doubt about it. They are well on their way towards a career for the record books. To the public, the band has the perfe...
172K 5.6K 29
Freya Thompson, Granddaughter of Archibald Thompson one of the richest men in London. She lived a pretty peaceful life, working as a primary school m...