Dimension Danger

By GhostStory_13

The spiders are back! It's been two years since the five spider-themed heroes were blown into Miles Morales's... More

Chapter 1: Across Dimensions
Chapter 2: Miguel
Chapter 3: Friend Date
Chapter 4: Pizza Time
Chapter 5: Break and Enter
Chapter 6: Swooning
Chapter 7: Interesting
Chapter 8: The Meeting
Chapter 9: Scarlet
Chapter 10: Angel
AUTHORS NOTE
Chapter 11: The Fall
Chapter 12: Anger and Arguments
Chapter 13: Day Out
Chapter 14: Great Responsibility
Chapter 15: Hero or Villain?
Chaprter 16: Until the Multiverse Falls Apart
Chapter 17: Sick
Chapter 18: Chase
Chapter 19: I'm Not Going Anywhere
Chapter 20: Fight
Chapter 21: We'll Find Her
Chapter 22: Silence
Chapter 23: Promise
Chapter 24: Pain
Chapter 25: Disaster in the Sky
Chapter 26: The Best
Chapter 27: The Theory
Chapter 28: Chance
Chapter 30: Finally
Chapter 31: Gwanda
EPILOUGUE
A/N

Chapter 29: The Plan

1.3K 19 44
By GhostStory_13

Okay guys this is it. We are nearing the end of the story. I'm thinking it will be over in two more chapters and then an epilogue.

Oh and please read the author not at the end of the chapter.

Anyways, onto the story.

"This. Is. Awesome!"

"You can say that again," Gwen whispered. Her eyes were trained in front of her, not meeting the eyes of the excited boy beside her.

"You're finally here!" A loud voice caught the girl off guard and it obviously surprised Miles too, by the way he leapt three feet into the air. He winced when he landed, his body clearly twisting in a way it wasn't happy with. "Okay, introduction time! My name is Pavitr Prabhakar and as you might have guessed I am Spider-man in Mumbai- the greatest place on earth," He his eyes flick to the girl and he points, "Miguel told me who you are. You are Gwen Stacy and you, Miles Moron-es. Very interesting name."

Gwen snorted as Miles scowled. She was so gonna use that name against him.

Peter leaned down to whisper to her, "Just wait. This guy will talk up a storm."

Pavitr eyed Miles for a moment before happily exclaiming something in another language and pumping his fist in the air, "And it looks like I can still keep my title of handsomest Spider-man."

"Nobody gave you that title," Ben informed him, his brows pinched.

"I did," he shrugged, "It is quite obvious given my amazing hair, my incredible physique, and my strong genetics."

Miles sputtered and Gwen bit her lip, suppressing a laugh. "It's Morales," he spoke, "And what do you mean, handsomest? I'm good looking."

Gwen choked on a laugh at the offense that could be heard in his voice.

He then turned to her, his mouth dropping, "I am!" He insisted, though he was beginning to sound less and less sure of himself.

"Sure, sure," Indian Spider-man waved him off. He jutted his hands off to his left as if displaying something, "That guy over there brooding in the corner is Hobart Brown."

"It's just Hobie," the guy spoke in a British accent, not caring to look up at them.

Gwen squinted. He looked familiar.

That was it! He was the guy she saw on one of the screens back in Miguel universe. Miles had gawked at his outfit and she had to admit she liked his style as well. Spider-Punk was his alias she was pretty sure.

"And this here is Cindy Moon," he continued, pointing to a girl who was sitting on the small two seater couch. She gave a small wave. She had pale skin, short black hair and wore a spider-suit that was white and black, bearing red accents.

Pavitr darted across the room with a toothy smile, "This guy here is Peter Parker." The spider gave a nod and the boy ran off again, "This guy is also Peter Parker." He bolted to the other side of the room, "This here, is Peter Parker." Pavitr turned to the spider-man next to the one he had just introduced and clasped him on the shoulder, "And this fine gentleman is Peter Parker." He opened his mouth pointing to a guy leaned up against the wall, "And this one is Peter P-"

"All right, big mouth," Gwen groaned, "We get it. I think I've heard the name Peter Parker from you enough to last a lifetime."

"Big mouth?" he questioned, confused. Then his previous demeanor returned, "I actually have perfectly proportioned lips. My girlfriend has said so on many occasions. And a Gayatri never lies."

Gwen's face took on an annoyed expression.

"Does this guy ever stop talking?"

"I never did introduce you to this Spider-man," Pavitr beamed, "He refused to tell me his name." He raised to hand to his face as he did not he loudest whisper Gwen has ever heard, "Don't talk to him. He seems mean."

The Spider-man he was referring to, let out a long sigh, his shoulders slumping forward. He wore a traditional red spider-man suit with the webbing outline, but what was different was the black spider emblem in the center. It spread wider than most suits, black taking up most of the design. The eyes of his mask were shaded as well. "Imbecile," the man muttered.

"Oh, the grumpy spider talks!" Pavitr spoke excitedly. Gwen wanted to facepalm. "What is your name, grumpy spider?"

"I am Otto Octavius," the man sighed, "The Superior Spider-man."

Gwen's face blanked.

"Otto is... Doc Oc is... What?!"

"I'm sorry, what?!" Miles squeaked, his voice cracking. He turned to the guy with an incredulous expression, his index finger pointed at him, "You're Doc Oc?" His eyes were wide and full of shock. Gwen was having a hard time wrapping her head around this as well, but she guessed she was just more collected than Miles. He was kind of a mess.

She liked that, though.

"Don't point. It's rude," Otto responded, swatting the boy's hand away.

"And you're Spider-man?" Miles gawked. His eyes were practically bugging out of his head.

Otto rolled his eyes, "We just went over this." It was strange, because although he was apparently Otto Octavius, his face identical to Peter Parker's.

Gwen bit back a groan. She was even tired of hearing that name in her own head. It just sounded like Pavitr's voice.

Miles shook away the shock and his eyes narrowed, "I don't get it."

"Good grief," Otto murmured, "What is there not to get?" He pinched the bride of his nose, clearly wanting to be done with this conversation.

Miles shook his head, his eyes wide once again. He began to make big gestures with his hands as he spoke, "Well there's your suit, your voice. You just... You don't look, sound, or act like a Spider-man and yet you call yourself one."

"Yes, and you don't look, sound or act like a man, yet here we are."

"Ooh! That is a burn on the third degree!" Pavitr exclaimed, pointing a finger at Miles and covering his mouth with the other hand.

Gwen snickered, at Superior's comment, "I like this guy."

"Easy for you to say," Peter B. scoffed, "His entire origin story isn't about him killing you."

"A mere distraction from the true point," Superior stated, "I now am Spider-man in my universe and Peter Parker is no more. We were once enemies, yet I have changed for the better. Therefore, I am no longer entitled to grieve him."

"Does this guy have no conscience... or soul?"

Peter shook his head, "And then this nut job has the gall to call himself the 'Superior' Spider-man," He pinched the bridge of his nose, "I mean come on!"

"All right, quiet!" A voice ordered. All heads swiveled over to see Miguel standing in the center of the room. He held a bored, yet impatient expression on his face. "You all know why I've brought you together- to stop this alien invasion of Venom's from taking over all of our worlds."

Miles leaned in closer to Gwen as he whispered, "I think we should call it a Ven-vasion."

Gwen rolled her eyes as a smile tugged at her lips.

"Ooh, I like that," Pavitr whispered back, his voice so loud it could nearly echo around this room."

"Morales," Miguel spoke sternly, "Shut it."

Pavitr raised his hand, "I thought you said his name was Moron-es." Gwen could hear Peter let out a huff from behind her.

Miguel ignored him, "I'm sure that some of you may have fought a version of him in your universe, so now is your time to speak up on any weakness he may have." He nodded at Peter B.

Peter though for a moment. "I know that he's weak to fire," he sighed, "But we can't just set the whole city on fire, and it could hurt those people."

Gwen shared a look with Miles. She cast him a nod and he returned it before speaking up. "Electricy," he stated and all heads turned to him, "Those things are scared of electricity. They won't even go near me when I use my power."

Peni who had been standing behind Miguel nodded along in thought, "I could make taser webs, but I don't think that would be enough, voltage to actually do damage."

"Great, so that information was useless," Miguel grumbled.

Gwen narrowed her eyes at the man.

"Okay, Ebenezer Scrooge. How is this grump our leader?"

"The ugly pillock is also weak to sound," a voice stated from the back. Gwen eyes trailed over to find that it was Hobie. He reached behind his back to grab something the sighed when he realized there nothing there, "When I beat him in my universe I used my axe and a lot of speakers."

"An axe?" Miles questioned.

"His guitar," Gwen clarified.

"All right anyone else have feedback?" Miguel asked. He turned to Otto, "Octavius, your technically a version of Olivia. Do you have any idea what her plan might entail."

"I do not," he responded, "I'm my day's of scheming I would have never attempted something this dastardly." He paused, "Okay scratch that- I would. The thing is though. While I did want to rule, above all, I wanted to be recognized for my intellect and power, but if everyone is taken over by Venom I could not accomplish that."

"So you're saying that Doc is not getting what she wanted?" Peter B. asked. His hand came to rest under his chin.

"Precisely."

"While that's great. It doesn't stop the fact that Venom is still out there reeking havoc," Miguel stated with a shake of his head, "So yeah, that's not helpful."

"Jerk."

Gwen was startled by the sound of whirring gears as the small platform elevator started to descend once again. She could see Miles slip his mask over his face out of the corner of her eye and she copied his action.

When it reached ground level Gwen was greeted by the sight of Ganke, Liz, May, and... Olivia? Beside the doctor stood a clearly injured Adrian Toomes. He clutched his stomach as he leaned into the villainess's side for support.

"Speak of the devil," Gwen mused, her glare trained on Olivia.

"And her simp of a sidekick," Miles chimed in. The two teen shared a smile and fist bump.

Peter glowered at the villains, "Aunt may, what's going on-"

"Before you strangle her," May interjected, turning to cast the woman beside her a glare, "While it would be well, deserved, you need to hear her out."

"Hear her out?" Gwen scoffed, "She almost killed him!" She pointed at Miles, not using his name due to Liz's presence. She hoped the others caught onto that."

"Ooh, somebody is infatuated," Pavitr practically sang with a wide grin adorning his face.

Gwen fixed her scowl on him, "And somebody is about to get their teeth bashed in."

Pavitr laughed uneasily, as he turned away.

"That is besides the point," Olivia waved her off.

"Then what is?" Miguel growled, his teeth bared, "Because, you are working with the enemy. Heck, you created the enemy and I am two seconds away from beating you and the bird to a pulp."

"No, the enemy, as you call it, was working for me, but no longer."

"What are you talking about?" Miles asked.

Adrian winced as he spoke, "Venom was completely loyal to Miss Octavius, she is his creator after all. He wanted to help her achieve her goal as being recognized as the greatest mind in history, but it said that only way to do that was to bond with him." He shook his head.

"And I, of course, was not going to let my brilliant mind be prey to Venom, whether it's my creation or not," Olivia continued.

"We barely escaped with our lives." Adrian finished.

Gwen rolled her eyes, "And I suppose that now, since it's in your favor, you just assumed we'd welcome you with open arms like we're one big happy family, because that's not happening."

Olivia chuckled, "Of course not. I came because we must work together. You have the numbers and I have the information on Venom." She titled her head to the side waiting for the moment when they inevitably gave in.

"I don't care what you know." Gwen said through gritted teeth. She was not being unreasonable. This weak excuse for human being tried to kill Miles.

"Not even if it involves a decent plan to stop Venom?" the doctors voice sounded almost mocking, like she knew they had no choice. Gwen didn't care if this woman was sent was one of the last people on earth. She tried to kill her best friend.

Gwen only narrowed her eyes at the woman more. "You can't take your plans and shove them-"

Miles placed a hand on her shoulder and Gwen closed her mouth. Olivia and Adrian had disappeared into the crown of Spider-people as they asked her questions and she provided answers. May quickly ushered Ganke and Liz back upstairs as Ganke muttered something along the lines of, 'So freaking cool!'

Gwen grit her teeth as she watched this monster be so easily accepted after all that she had done. This whole mess was her fault! For all she knew this could all be a apart of some sick plan she hatched.

"Gwen, we should at least hear her out," the boy whispered.

"And why should we!" she snapped, "She almost killed you, Miles."

He chuckled lightly, "I'm well, aware."

Gwen shook her head as she cast her eyes to the floor, "You don't get it." She almost lost him. She almost lost him. She almost lost him.

He pulled her into a hug, the action catching Gwen by surprise. Miles leaned in and his lips hovered just above her ear, "I do get it. More than you know," he whispered. Gwen had to consciously think about her breathing to prevent it from getting erratic. "But I'm still here aren't I? I promised I wouldn't leave you and I meant it." His breath fanning against her skin made her shiver.

Gwen was so overcome with emotion. She buried her face in Miles shoulder to prevent the tears from leaking out of her eyes. The emotion felt like such a pressure on her her chest, like a building just waiting to explode.

Gosh, Gwen liked him. She really, really liked him.

"You know," she started, with a pained smile, "I think the multiverse really did fall apart."

"So, we'll put it back together," he shrugged with a smile, "And then we can go back to how things were."

Gwen's face fell. Could things really go back to how they were? Now? With everything she knew?

Miles had feelings for her. He could return her feelings. That was information she didn't think she could just casually live with. To top that all off... he had no idea that she knew.

Gwen leaned her head back onto his shoulder. His arms were still wrapped around her torso, being careful to not touch her injured arm. He was so gentle with her. She didn't want to leave his warmth.

Being in his arms felt so strange, yet so good. She could always have this?

She glanced over at the boy. All she could see was his mask but she knew without a doubt that underneath, his light brown eyes held nothing but care and the unruly curls atop his head were a matted mess. She couldn't help but love it all the same.

Then her insecurities reared their ugly head.

If she were to tell him what she'd done. Would he still feel the same way? If he knew would he be... afraid of her? Would he be disgusted by her? Gwen didn't think she could take that.

There were no secrets in relationships and Gwen didn't know if she was ready to face that.

She can't tell him.

She can't tell him.

She can't tell him.

"Gwen, are you okay?" Miles inquired, after she had been silent for awhile. Gwen hadn't even noticed that tears had begun to spill over. Luckily, Miles wouldn't have noticed either thanks to the mask on her face.

"Just, peachy."

She was sure he wasn't convinced, but he let it slide. He nodded over in the direction Olivia had gone. "We should probably find out what the doctored ordered." Gwen was certain that under that mask, Miles wore his signature dorky grin.

Though the blond still wanted nothing more, than to punch Olivia right in the eye. She supposed she could wait until after they saved her world and all the others.

The two made their way over to the group that had formed around Olivia- some seemed intrigued by her presence, while others appeared appalled- as she talked to Superior Spider-man.

"So, you killed Spider-man, by injecting yourself into his subconscious? Then that would left the superior mind to take over the body," Olvia praised him, "Brilliant."

"I will admit it was quite a scheme," he responded.

"Please, don't give her any ideas," Miles shuddered as he pictured the scenario, "Oh, I'm gonna puke."

"If I could take it back I would," Otto muttered, almost incomprehensible, "But that chance is long gone."

"So, did you guys come up with a plan?" Gwen asked, taking on a hard expression to not show weakness.

"Venom was brought here by using a strong bio-electric current," Olivia started, "So theoretically another, stronger current could send them all back."

"Didn't your death machine kinda go," Miles make a motion with his hands, mimicking an explosion, "Y'know kaboom?"

"Yes," the doctor pursed her lips, "But the original Venom it may be possible. He is acting as a dimensional anchor to all of the others and because of it's time in the dimensional void, his molecular structure was altered, making him weak to the very thing that brought him here. If you can terminate him all the others should instantly waste away."

"Where are we going to get that much bio-electricity?" came the voice of Ben Riley.

Olivia cast Miles a pointed glance, an eyebrow raised.

"Come on! Why are all of your plans centered around me?! This is not flattering!"

"It's either that or you take out the army Venom's that are spread across every universe and take them out one by one," Her face became serious, "I can guarantee you would lose."

"Might we be able to just take flamethrowers and burn 'em to a crisp," Noir suggested.

Peter B. scoffed, "Sure thing man, let's just set all of New York on fire."

"It doesn't even matter," Gwen spoke up. She gave the doctor a shove, as she accused, "Because of you he can't even properly use his power. Your machine drained the electricity from him."

Olivia seemed to have already thought this out. She gave a shrug as if it were the most obvious thing in the world, "If his power can be drained it can be replenished," she turned to Morales, "Have you ever tried absorbing electricity?"

"Where would he even find that much electricity?" Pavitr asked.

"This is New York," Anya answered, "There is electricity everywhere. Power boxes- cables. You name it."

Miles nodded his eyes trained on the floor in though, "That might work."

Gwen's eyes bugged, "Miles, you can't be serious."

"It's the only way," he confirmed, "I can do it."

Gwen didn't miss the way his voice wavered slightly. She wished she could see his face to see if he was really as sure as he tried to sound.

"Fine," Gwen huffed, "Then I'm going with you."

"Wouldn't have it any other way."

"I'm going too," Peter B. announced taking step forward, "I won't have you dying on my watch."

"I'm in too," Peni chimed in, "I'm sticking with Miles and the others."

"Count me in," Porker said.

The five cast a look at Noir and he gave a shrug, "Well, why not," he gave in, "Looks like we got the ol' gang back together."

Miguel nodded, "The rest of us will work on keeping the Venoms at bay and away from Miles." He turned to Miles and that was the first time Gwen had seen anything other than coldness in his eyes, directed at the boy, "You sure you can handle this, kid?"

Miles sucked in a steadying breath, "I've got this."

Miguel nodded curtly, "Good luck."

*******

It's crazy to think this story will be over soon after I've been writing it for so long, but I'll definitely be writing more Miles and Gwen based stories. I already have a few I am brainstorming.

So I wanted to let you guys know that I am planning on posting a one shot about the Miles Morales of 'earth 42'. I'll be finishing it up soon and I'll let you guys know when I publish it.

Also, while I love writing stories like this I also enjoy writing poetry, so I was wondering if you guys would be interested in reading that.

And for all of you who are waiting for Miles and Gwen to 'Just confess already!' I'm letting you know that's it's coming up.

Until next time,

— Ghost

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 1.7K 29
What if things had gone differently? What if the blond Peter Parker of Earth 1610 got to train Miles like he said he would? What if Miles had already...
11.5K 283 23
Charlotte Morales Stacy, the daughter of Gwen Stacy and Miles Morales comes to her dad's universe only that it isn't her dad is another version of hi...
46.4K 1.1K 25
Gwen took her sweet time realizing her feelings for Miles. As she was about to confess when she discovers miles and Peni kissing. As they told her th...
42.9K 2.2K 25
## [ 𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐘 ] - 𝔪𝔦𝔩𝔢𝔰 𝔪𝔬𝔯𝔞𝔩𝔢𝔰 ... in which 𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒔 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒂𝒍𝒆𝒔 encounters...