amare ✧ lee haechan

By lmhofair

✧ idol au ✧ - an accidental meeting on a dark night led to a love that was written in the stars. as they fell... More

characters
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six

sixteen

700 25 8
By lmhofair

The warm rays of the sun fell on the large university campus, where Yujin and her classmates gathered in their elegant hats and gowns. The air was filled with anticipation for the ceremony to begin. Faculty members, proud parents and friends filled their seats and their applause echoed through the amphitheater.

Yujin's heart was full of mixed emotions as she took her place in line. Surrounded by her supportive friends, she felt fulfilled. The journey through the university was not easy, but she overcame all obstacles with determination.

As the ceremony progressed, speeches filled with wisdom and inspiration echoed through the crowd. Yujin listened carefully, drawing inspiration from the words of the distinguished guest.

And then the moment has finally come. Yujin's name was called so she entered the stage, her heart was pounding with excitement. Applause from her friends and classmates filled the air, drowning out any negative thoughts, doubts and the emptiness she felt at being one of the few people without her parents present at the ceremony. With a proud smile, Yujin accepted the diploma, a symbol of her hard work and dedication.

As she left the stage, Yujin's friends rushed to embrace her, their hugs full of pride and admiration. They laughed and shed tears of joy as they celebrated this important milestone together. Yujin felt loved knowing that she had found her chosen family in her friends.

The ceremony ended with an explosion of confetti and cheers, marking the beginning of a new chapter for Yujin and her fellow graduates.

"I'm so proud of us," Doyun said while drinking coffee at the cafe across from Yujin's workplace.

"Right? We're university graduates, we've earned degrees and diplomas, and now we can all do whatever we want." Jiah leaned on her arm, looking at her friends.

"Yujin, you don't have to work today, do you?" Nari said, eating cheesecake.

"Nope, I have two days off," she said, happy to take a break from her job.

She couldn't wait to find a new job she could enjoy with a better paycheck so she wouldn't have to worry about her expenses and bills. She wants her life to be comfortable, but it's hard to find such a good job these days, even with a degree.

Soon after, Yujin's friends left the cafe and Yujin stayed behind because she was in no hurry to go home.

As the door to the building opened, she turned her head back to see who had come in and froze as she made eye contact with her parents, whom she certainly didn't want to see. Her heart sank and panic surged through her veins as memories of their last encounter flooded her mind. She quickly gathered her belongings, her hands trembling, desperately hoping to leave before they talked to her.

As she walked past them, her heart pounded in her chest as she realized that this confrontation was inevitable. Taking a deep breath, she headed for the exit, her footsteps echoing in her ears. The room seemed to close around her as she felt their presence right behind her. The weight of their unspoken words hung in the air, suffocating her.

Finally stepping outside into the cool breeze, Yujin's emotions threatened to consume her. She turned to face her parents. "Why did you follow me outside? Just get your coffee or whatever you want and leave me alone, I do not want to talk to you. And I know you don't want to either, you just want to take your anger out on me like in the old days, you want to blame me for what happened even though it was all your fault," she said, her voice trembling as she tried to express the pain and frustration that had built up over the years.

"Is that how you speak to your parents? Did we raise you like that? I'm disappointed in you, look at yourself! You should be our pride, not who you are now. And you'd better not tell me it's our fault because it's not true! I'm ashamed of you," her father said, his voice getting louder and each word was like a dagger to Yujin's heart. Tears welled up in her eyes, blurring her vision, as she struggled to make sense of it all. People passing by gave them strange looks, making her feel even worse.

As their fight came to an end, Yujin's cries mingled with her parents' harsh words. She just wanted to go home. It was supposed to be a great day — after all, she graduated from the university, earned her degree and diploma. However, she met her parents and an argument broke out between them, which ruined the day for her. It was so unfair.

Her parents turned around and walked away, leaving her alone in the street, her cheeks wet with tears. She sobbed softly and quickly walked towards her house, wanting to be in bed.

dreamies and idiots

mark
YOOOO
haeun, yujin
CONGRATULATIONS

renjun
congrats girls!!

jaemin
congrats you guys did well
🥹💓💗💖💘💝
especially my princess💞💞

jisung
ew
congratulations tho

my favorite shop boy🐻
OH RIGHT CONGRATS GIRLS
🫡🫡🫡

chenle🏀🐬
congrats 🍾

haeun
THANKS GUYS
im so happy
AGGHHHH

minji
i'd be happy too ngl
CONGRATS
yall are done with that hell
❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥

jeno
congratulations on being a
graduate!👩‍🎓

haeun
tysm guys<3
where's yujin

i'm hereee
thank u guys🤍

mark
do u guys yk have any plans what do
u want to do now?

haeun
i wanna work in social media
management

tbh idk yet💀

my favorite shop boy🐻

hi

hi

congratulations!
i'm so proud of you<3
if it weren't for the fact that
i'm a public figure, I would have come
to your ceremony🫡

tysm hyuck
it means a lot

are you okay????

yeah don't worry

i don't think so
you don't need to talk about it
if you don't want to
but
remember that i'm here for you
okay?

thank you:(
but seriously don't worry
i just saw my parents earlier
and we aren't really talking to
each other
so we kinda fought
but it's okay, i mean it

i'm so sorry:(
do u want me to come over?

no its ok
i wanna be alone rn
IM SORRY

you don't need to apologize
it's fine
and it's understandable
i understand you, yeah?

yeah ok:(
THANK U HYUCK
ily

😲
ily too
read 08:48pm

"Why are you so red?" Minji asked as she looked at Haechan, who was staring at his phone. And he was blushing. It was weird.

"He's probably talking to Yujin," Chenle's voice echoed around the living room, but he didn't even take his eyes off his phone as he watched a replay of some basketball game he missed. However, the others looked at Donghyuck stopping everything they were doing.

"Huh? How would you know that?" Haechan asked, he was definitely confused.

"Oh come on, it's obvious you like her!" Chenle turned off his phone and put it on the table.

"You like Yujin?" Haeun said but the more she thought about it, the more she wasn't surprised.

"No, I do not like her. We're just friends!" he tried his best to defend himself but no one believed him.

"Since when are you in love with her?" Renjun's voice was filled with curiosity. "And don't tell us it's not true, because when I think about it, it makes sense," he added, seeing that his friend was going to deny it.

Donghyuck just sighed. "Well, I realized that I like her a few days ago. But when did I really fall in love with her? I'm not sure."

"Do you think she has feelings for you too?" Mark asked, being curious. In his opinion, Haechan and Yujin would make a good couple.

Donghyuck just shrugged. "I really don't know," and it was true. He wasn't sure if she liked him more as a friend too.

"Do you want us to ask her?" Haeun's voice filled the room, and Minji agreed, thinking it was a good idea.

"What? No, she might find out and I don't want her to know. Well, not yet. Besides, I'm an idol."

"Now, you know damn well your excuse is bullshit," Jaemin said, putting his arm around Haeun's shoulder.

"Yeah, Jaemin is right. Me and Jaemin have girlfriends and everything is fine with our relationships. We're all happy," Jeno said, looking at Haechan.

"Okay but guys do you actually think Yujin is a good person?" Renjun doubtfully asked, afraid of his friends' reaction. And as he suspected, everyone looked at him offended. "Well sorry, I don't spend much time with her!" he tried to defend himself.

"Instead of saying things like that, please spend more time with her. Open up to her. She is a good person, she doesn't want to take advantage of any of you. I really mean it, Renjun," Haeun's voice was stern. She understood why the boy was so careful with her, but Yujin seriously was not bad.

"Yeah, Yujin is so cool! And she's amazing baker too!" Jisung said enthusiastically, remembering how they baked a chocolate cake together a few days ago.

Haechan smiled as his friends spoke positively about Yujin. Their opinion was very important to him, so he also hoped that Renjun would trust her as well soon.

"Wait but why were you blushing though? What did she send you?" Chenle asked. At first he thought it would be a good thing to tease her but he quickly forgot the idea, not wanting Yujin to be angry with Haechan for spreading their text messages.

The boy ran his hands through his hair, biting his bottom lip. "She said she loved me. Well, not like i love you but she sent ily to me."

"Damn, it got you blushing? You should make a first move soon, who knows? Maybe she likes you too," Haeun said, hitting Jisung with a pillow because he wanted to take her snack.

"I'll think about it."

"Think fast because in a few days we're flying out for the last days of the tour and then our album comes out so there's a chance you won't see her often these weeks," Renjun's voice was serious.

Donghyuck just shrugged. "I'll always find time for her." Jisung gagged hearing this, which made Haeun hit him with a pillow again.

"Calm down your girlfriend, Jaemin!" he whined.

dream's girls

what's that

minji
hi yujin!

haeun
hi yujin!!

hi?😭
ok so what is that

minji
well
yk
dreamies are kinda bitchless rn...

haeun
yeah, except jeno and jaemin...

minji
and so it's just us...

haeun
so we should be as close as possible
and well "dream's girlfriends"
i'm jaemin's gf
and minji is jeno's gf
and
well

well

minji
well
WELL
you and hyuck seem to be close
like REALLY close

haeun
yeah

yeah we are friends

minji
well yeah
but
uh

haeun
yeah like
don't u think
you and hyuck would be a cute couple

WHAT

minji
YEAH
do u perhaps like him
more than friends

no😭

haeun
...are u sure...

...i dont know

minji
oh
OH
WAIT

haeun
WHAT
HUH
WDYM U DONT KNOW???

yeah🧍
like
i just don't know
like
a few times my heart raced because
of him and sometimes i had this weird
feeling in my stomach
but i'm not sure if i like him yet LMFAO

minji
girl
make the first move

haeun
yeah
it seems like you're falling for him
but
take your time though!

minji
exactlyyyy
don't force anything, take your time
it's important

ily girls

Yujin was sitting in her room, the soft glow of the lamp cast a warm light and the air was filled with the scent of her favorite candle. She was confused, her mind wondering if she had caught feelings for Haechan or not.

Alone with her thoughts, she thought of countless memories, analyzing every moment she had with Haechan. From their laughing conversations to the moments their eyes met, she pondered every detail for signs of something more.

But the more Yujin thought, the more confused she became. She questioned the authenticity of her emotions, wondering if what she was feeling was real or just a figment of her imagination. She had doubts, forcing her to question her own judgment.

On the one hand, she cherished their friendship, loved the bond they had formed over time. They had countless jokes, supported each other through tough times, and made memories that she held dear.

However, there were times when Yujin felt her heart flutter in Hyuck's presence. A furtive glance, a lingering touch or a shared moment of vulnerability would send a wave of unfamiliar sensations through her. It was in such cases that she questioned their friendship. Do normal friends cuddle to sleep? Do normal friends prove to you that they can rizz you up if they want to? Does a normal friend make your heart race because of him? To be honest, it never happened between her and Doyun.

Hours passed, Yujin's confusion continued, her mind tirelessly analyzing every aspect of her relationship with Haechan. She thought about all the pros and cons, analyzed her feelings. But the more she searched for answers, the more unclear they became. If they became a couple, would it work out? He's an idol — that was what puzzled her the most.

Then, she looked up at the night sky and stared at the moon and stars. She thought of her sister and tears welled up in her eyes. Maybe if she was alive, she would have told her what to do, what to think. But she's not, and it's been killing her from the inside since the day she died.

Yujin sat on the bed, tears falling down her cheeks as memories of her beloved sister flooded her mind. The pain of loss weighed heavily on her heart, and all she wanted right now was to hug her sister tightly, feel her warmth and hear her voice one more time. The pain of missing her sister was unbearable, was she happy up there? Did she look after her from heaven? Is her sister laughing at her now because Yujin is crying for her?

With trembling hands and a shaky breath, Yujin reached for her phone. She dialed Haechan's number, her heart pounding in her chest as she waited for him to answer. When he picked up on the first ring, she gathered the strength to speak.

"Hi, Hyuck," Yujin's voice quivered, her words choked with emotion. "Are you busy right now?"

Haechan's voice was full of worry as he heard her voice, "No, not at all. What's going on, Yujin? Are you okay?"

"I... I really need someone right now. Can you come over?" her voice cracked.

"Of course, Yujin. I'll be there right away. Just wait for me, okay?" he replied without any hesitation and she hung up.

Yujin wiped her tears, even though more and more escaped from her eyes every now and then. She knew her sister wouldn't want her to cry, but she couldn't help it.

A few minutes later, the doorbell rang and Yujin rushed to open the door. Haechan was standing there with a comforting smile on his face, his presence reassuring her.

Her eyes were still glistening with tears so Donghyuck stepped inside, wrapping his arms around her in a comforting hug. They stood there, he held her tight as she sobbed in his arms, tears soaking his hoodie, but he didn't care, he just wanted to be there for her.

Yujin stopped crying in his arms, and they gently pulled away from each other. He closed the front door, making sure no one could get in, and they made their way to her room.

"Can you tell me what happened?" he asked softly, concerned for her. Yujin shook her head, not being ready to talk about it just yet.

Understanding her need for comfort, Haechan wordlessly wrapped his arms around her once again, pulling her close. They lay down together on her bed, seeking comfort in each other's presence. Haechan's touch was gentle as he stroked Yujin's hair, giving her a feeling of warmth and security. She felt safe in his arms.

In the silence of the room, the only sound was her quiet sobbing. He held her tightly, his hoodie absorbing her tears. He didn't mind it though; all that mattered was being there for her in this vulnerable moment.

"It's okay, Yujin. Take your time, I'm here for you. Cry as much as you need, you're not alone." Yujin nodded, feeling thankful.

He held her tightly, allowing her to release her pain and grief. His fingers continued to caress her hair, offering a gentle rhythm that matched their heartbeats. The world outside ceased to exist as they found peace in each other's arms.

And neither of them realized when the other fell asleep, sleeping together again, cuddling. And their hearts didn't mind, even though neither of them knew how the other felt.

The next day, Yujin woke up confused, not knowing where she fell asleep the night before and not sure where Donghyuck was. And when she looked at her nightstand, she noticed breakfast on it and a note by the plate.

Hi Yujin,
I hope you had a good night. I'm sorry I wasn't there when you woke up but my manager called me to pick me up because I have a schedule today.

I decided to make you breakfast because I was afraid you'd skip it. I also fed Seji so don't worry if it's late!

I hope you are feeling better today, and if not, text or call me whenever you want — I'm here for you! You can also come to SM if you need it.

Have a good day today and take care!
Love, Haechan~<3

my favorite shop boy🐻

hi
thank you so much hyuck
for everything
you're genuinely the best
and it means a lot 🫶

no need to thank me🫶
how are you? are u okay?
do u need anything?

no, i actually feel better
thank you :(<3

you're welcome:(<3

how can i repay you?

what???
you can't
or actually
there's one thing

what is it?

i've been listening to this song
since morning
and it's cool, makes me happy
it came out a while ago tho
i want you to listen to it

what is it?

love theory by taeyong and wonstein

hii, how are u guys?:]
i hope you liked this chapter!

and what did haechan recommend to her?😰 do u guys think she'll get the hint?

also!! 3k reads, thank u<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.7K 1.3K 47
- She didn't know how to deal with heartaches until she experienced one; and he just wanted to experience love, but he didn't know that Hwang Yiyeon...
326K 15.1K 37
"excuse me what?! i cheated on who?!!" [ social media au + lowercase intended ] well let's just say that their friendship starts off on the wrong foo...
146K 9.4K 72
..( 🎙️ )𝗡𝗖𝗧x𝗢𝗖𝘀 "𝙣𝙘𝙩 𝙙𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙢? 𝙙𝙪𝙙𝙚, 𝙣𝙤, 𝙞 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙨𝙖𝙣𝙖 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙩𝙬𝙞𝙘𝙚!" in which a group of friends find ...
19.7K 776 21
𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗼𝗻𝗹𝘆𝗷𝗲𝗻𝗼: i'm always open if you need someone to talk to. 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗻𝗮𝗻𝗮: what the? STARTED: august 5, 2022 ENDED: august 22, 2022 mi...