My Son is a Transmigrated Pri...

Oleh Illya_lix

NOT MY STORY NOR TRANSLATION! JUST WANNA READ IT OFFLINE. PLEASE DON'T VOTE!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Song Yuan... Lebih Banyak

1-5
6-10
11-15
16-20
21-25
26-30
31-35
36-40
41-45
46-50
51-55
56-60
61-65
66-70
71-75
76-80
81-85
86-90
91-95
96-100
101-103 (End of Main Stroy)
108-111 (End)

104-107

74 1 0
Oleh Illya_lix

Chapter 104 - Extra 1 – "Do you have someone you admire?"

In the past, Rong Ting thought that his Emperor Father had no interests or hobbies. Oh, that's not right, he did have a hobby: deceiving Empress Mother.

When they returned from modern times, Rong Ting discovered that his Emperor Father suddenly became very unstable!

When something is unusual, there must be a cause1.

He recalled what Empress Mother said. When people were in love, they would involuntarily want to dress beautifully. He thought, although men and women didn't follow the same line of thinking, everyone was human, so they must be more or less the same in big matters. Emperor Father... could he be in love?

Rong Ting knew that he was being very selfish. He didn't know whether Empress Mother had found a boyfriend over there. In any case, he couldn't see her, so he'll just assume that Empress Mother didn't have a boyfriend!

Emperor Father wanted to fall in love? Wanted to be together with someone else? Unless Rong Ting was dead, or he was blind and deaf, don't even think about it!

Eleven-year-old Rong Ting was busy every day. He was no longer satisfied with listening to the Grand Tutor's teachings. He remembered a sentence Empress Mother used to say: learn by doing2. Just like, if he hadn't transmigrated to modern times, how would he know the price of vegetables? How would he know the price of rice?

He had to know what things were like among the people. He wanted to know whether the people could afford to eat. Don't even think about trying to fool him. Before he ascended to the throne, he still had a lot of time to practice.

Of course, when the father and son were chatting happily, Rong Ting would frequently stab Rong Heng with a sentence. "When I hide my identity and walk among the people, it is to understand the sentiments of the people, not to fall in love under a sock puppet3."

Rong Heng: "..."

This will probably become his dark history.

"Don't say these strange things in front of other people." Rong Heng felt his head hurt.

Why? Rong Ting relied on himself being an innovator4, and on several occasions of extreme anger, he even called one minister a hillbilly.

"Emperor Father, will you not listen to Empress Mother's words? You don't care about those ministers, and now they submit memorials nearly every day, asking you to pick a crown princess consort for me! I'm only eleven this year; I'd still be in elementary school in modern times, and they're urging me to fall in love?" Rong Ting grew angrier the more he thought about it. "I have no thoughts on this sort of thing right now. I'm only in elementary school; elementary students who have an early romance will have their parents called in!"

These ministers were too demented, right?

Wanting to introduce a girlfriend to eleven-year-old him? If this were modern times, they would be scolded to the point even their own mother wouldn't recognize them.

Rong Heng was also very helpless. "I rejected them all. But you can't stop others from doing this kind of thing. They say their pieces; I just don't listen."

"Empress Mother said I can only consider those things after I turn eighteen." Rong Ting didn't actually treat Song Yuan's words as an imperial decree; it was just that he truly didn't have those kinds of thoughts. "In any case, I will not think about it before I am eighteen. Love before the age of eighteen is an early romance."

"I know."

The ministers were immensely satisfied with Rong Ting, especially the Grand Tutor. In the past, they only praised him for his talents and intelligence. But now, things were different; he couldn't wait to stuff Rong Ting with all his teachings.

And Rong Ting didn't disappoint–compared to Rong Heng at the same age, he was much more outstanding.

What made Rong Heng gratified was that perhaps his son really would become an open and upright emperor. A much better emperor than himself.

He could consider it to be a justification to this country and his people.

"Is there anything else?" Rong Heng asked him.

Only then did Rong Ting recall the matter, and his expression sank. From his standpoint, he didn't wish for Emperor Father to be emotionally involved with anyone. Although Emperor Father had indeed remained alone in these past few years, it was just the ending of Emperor Father's choosing. If Emperor Father fell in love with another, or was together with someone, he was absolutely unable to accept it, especially when he thought that Empress Mother may also have someone in modern times. He felt it was very unfair.

"Emperor Father, I heard that you run around the palace every morning now." Rong Ting knew that Emperor Father wasn't Empress Mother. Even if they had gotten much closer due to their adventures in modern times, Emperor Father still wasn't someone he could treat presumptuously.

Objectively speaking, as his son, Rong Ting did indeed lack any position to evaluate or have an opinion on Emperor Father's harem affairs. If the topic of him asking Emperor Father to keep his body as pure as jade for his "deceased" Empress Mother were to spread out, one feared that even his staunch supporter, the Grand Tutor, would denounce him as unfilial.

Rong Heng gave him a glance. "Morning runs are good for one's health."

"But you've never jogged before."

Rong Ting spoke euphemistically. Before, the emperor would rest every day after reviewing memorials. But now, things were different. Getting up in the morning, when it might not be light out and the temperature might even be cold, to go jogging? This was too suspicious!

"That was then, this is now." Rong Heng shot him a look. "You ran all the way here to find me because of this?"

Of course not.

Rong Ting shook his head. "I was too worried about Emperor Father. I heard that Emperor Father would frequently consult the imperial physicians recently and feared that Emperor Father had fallen ill. Emperor Father, you are the pillar of the Great Ye dynasty."

Rong Heng's expression changed minutely at his words.

He cleared his throat. "I'm fine."

He didn't want to tell Rong Ting, but that was fine, because Rong Ting had already inquired. Emperor Father was summoning the imperial physician to ask about techniques for maintaining his health and beauty!

As the ruler of a country, did Emperor Father still need to maintain his youth? How many people dared to look directly at the Son of Heaven's face? What's more, as the emperor, what appearance or figure needed to be maintained? He concluded: Emperor Father's current appearance really was like that of someone who had fallen in love.

Empress Mother said that people who were in love would always pay special attention to their image. Sloppy men might clean themselves up, or at least look much cleaner on the outside. Women would buy new clothes and makeup...

"Emperor Father, you said that we are father and son. There should be no secrets between father and son. I just want to ask you, are you..." Rong Ting paused, pursing his lips. He felt sad for his Empress Mother. "Do you have someone you admire?"

Without waiting for Rong Heng's answer, Rong Ting continued in a steady tone, "In these many years, I know that you have been alone. Other than national events, there has been nothing else in your life. Now, you are in the prime of your life. If you have a person you admire, this son will naturally give his blessing."

When the father and son chatted in private, they used "you" and "I"5 to call each other.

As the saying went, old ginger was spicier. As soon as Rong Heng heard Rong Ting call himself "this son," he knew that his son was digging a pit for him.

Don't look at his son speaking so well. He could guarantee that as long as he said that he liked someone else, this child would change his face in minutes–no, he wouldn't change his face on the surface, but in private, it's hard to say.

Rong Heng still retained his original nature6; he was still insidious and cunning. His schemes and shrewdness was incomparable to a person as magnanimous as Rong Ting.

Rong Heng sighed. "It's been several years since we've come back. Do you still remember the face of your Empress Mother?"

"Of course I remember." He had never forgotten.

"I'm getting old." Rong Heng's expression was lonely. "I'm afraid that one day my vision will fade, and I won't even remember what she looks like."

Rong Ting's heart softened at these words.

In fact, Emperor Father wasn't old. He was in the prime of his life in his thirties.

Other than his white hair, he didn't have any signs of aging.

But he also knew, when Emperor Father and Empress Mother met again... no, they wouldn't meet again.

"That won't happen." Rong Ting assured him softly. "If you forget, I will tell you. And you have so many paintings in your secret room. Aren't they all paintings of Empress Mother?"

Rong Heng laughed self-deprecatingly. "But I fear that when we meet again, I will have already grown old. Will she recognize me then?"

This...

Rong Ting couldn't make a guarantee on behalf of his Empress Mother.

"Rong Ting, I've never thought of anyone else in that way other than your Empress Mother. You should know that best. Not in the past, not now, and not in the future. In this life, I have failed her. As her husband, I did not properly accompany her. I promised to take her around, but I didn't even do that."

Rong Ting's expression was cold as he listened, but he didn't say anything.

The matter between his parents... what should he say.

"For the throne, the country, and the people, I've fulfilled my responsibilities. Actually," Rong Heng mused in a low voice, "I think being Xie Heng isn't too bad."

Rong Ting felt discomfited seeing Emperor Father like this. He sat down next to him, poured a cup of tea for him, and comforted softly, "Emperor Father, don't be like this. Whether it is Empress Mother, me, or you, we all must live more happily."

They had all said so.

Rong Heng calmly glanced at him. "Do you really want me to be happier?"

Rong Ting nodded. "Of course. Empress Mother is my mother, and Emperor Father is my father."

"Having you say this is enough." Rong Heng smiled.

Good child.

The author has something to say:

I read all your comments la. Ai, actually, when I set up the story with this protagonist, I thought you would be dissatisfied when I wrote the ending. The ending of this story really isn't that happy. These kinds of emotions and character settings aren't that well-received. During that time, it wasn't that I didn't waver. But fortunately, I followed my outline to the end.

Some people feel very distressed for Gugu and feel that Gugu is alone in ancient times. But he's really not an ordinary child. He also wants to sit on that throne and show off his ambition and talent (offscreen: the second in command wants to be the first in command).

I will write the extras well.

Chapter 105 - Extra 2

Second-in-command Rong Ting wasn't too happy.

Perhaps it was because at his age, he realized that the ministers were trying to deceive him and treated him like a child. In modern times, he was indeed a child, but in Great Ye, he was twelve years old. No matter what, he couldn't be considered a child, right? If he was a child, what were those ministers doing by submitting memorials every day, suggesting that he should have a crown prince consort?

When twelve-year-old Rong Ting was dealing with some matters, he sadly discovered: second-in-command was indeed only one step away from first-in-command, but the difference in treatment wasn't small.

It was also at this time that he understood why the relationship between the royal family's father and son was described as "monarch and subject, father and son"–they were first monarch and subject, then father and son.

More than once, his loyal followers had both explicitly advised and subtly hinted that he should keep a low profile as a crown prince. The position of crown prince truly had to be calculated; since ancient times, it had always been more dangerous than that of the emperor.

Although Emperor Father only had him, this one son, Emperor Father was still in his prime–so long as he had the intentions, he could give Rong Ting a younger brother anytime he wanted.

Life isn't easy, Rong Ting sighed.

It was impossible for him and Emperor Father to have a pure, intimate father-son relationship in this lifetime.

Every time this happened, he would miss his Empress Mother very much. As the saying goes, one would rather have a beggar as a father than an official; this was quite reasonable to say.

Even so, Rong Ting was extremely resistant to getting too close to the ministers in the court. Instead of worrying over things that didn't happen, it was better to quickly build his strength. Although he couldn't see through his Emperor Father's heart, he knew that Emperor Father was a wise ruler. As long as he was sufficiently outstanding, and as long as Emperor Father was not blind or senile1, his position as crown prince was very secure.

Rong Ting worked conscientiously every day to be a good crown prince. In modern terms, Rong Heng was most definitely a "specialist" emperor; he was outstanding in literature, but he was average in martial arts. Perhaps Rong Heng knew his own shortcomings, and he himself was a perfectionist, so he strived to cultivate his son in both civil and military talents.

One day, when Rong Ting returned from outside, he heard that his Emperor Father was sick again.

He didn't dare to delay in heading to his Emperor Father's bedchamber. Though separated by a layer of curtains, he could hear Emperor Father's weak coughs.

"Crown Prince, His Majesty said that you2 should not get too close, lest he pass on his illness to you." The head eunuch stepped forward and spoke with a look of respect.

Rong Ting didn't listen. "Gu will go take a look."

He approached the bedside and heard his Emperor Father tell the palace workers to withdraw. Soon, only the father and son remained in the enormous bedchamber.

"Emperor Father, what has been ailing? I asked the imperial physician, and he said that you are overworked. I was worried and looked through the medical records of the past six months and found that you have often fallen ill. What happened?"

Rong Heng lifted the bed curtain. Though his complexion was indeed not very good, it wasn't to the point of poor health.

This caused Rong Ting, who had been filling the holes in his brain, to be stunned.

Rong Heng's right hand clenched into a fist, which he raised to his lips. He gave a low cough, then suggested with a smile: "Maybe it's because of old age."

Rong Ting: "..."

You're in your thirties and you're calling it old age?

If Grandfather and Grandmother were to hear him, wouldn't they kill3 Emperor Father.

To tell the truth, he felt that Emperor Father's health was so good he could beat a tiger to death!

In the past few years, Emperor Father had clearly been paying attention to his health. Not to mention his morning runs nearly every day, rain or shine, he also changed his habit of staying up late. He slept early and rose early, and he regularly ate three meals a day. Since Rong Ting was six, to now at twelve, Emperor Father had never gotten sick, so why was he falling ill so frequently in this half a year?

But according to the imperial physician's records, it seemed that Emperor Father was extremely exhausted and may collapse at any time...

"Emperor Father is in his prime, only in his thirties." Rong Ting comforted him in a low voice.

In modern times, people in their thirties were young. So many people still haven't married!

Even Auntie Siyu was almost thirty when she gave birth.

Rong Heng leaned into the pillow and laughed. "Then tell me, how old is your Empress Mother now? Probably in her thirties? And she looks young, too. Who knows, maybe I'm ten years older than her now."

There was a look of yearning on Rong Ting's face. "When we left, the age on Empress Mother's ID said she was 23."

"Is that so. I had a dream last night that she was with someone else, smiling happily in her wedding dress." Rong Heng gave a wry smile. "I couldn't sleep after waking up in the middle of the night and just sat there. Maybe that's how I was exposed to the chill."

Rong Ting wasn't sure whether he should sympathize with Emperor Father.

After some thought, he spoke: "Emperor Father, that is how modern times is; the customs there are very open, and Empress Mother has many admirers. You have me here, but she has nothing there. Could it be that you wish for her to be single and alone her whole life?"

Rong Heng shot him a glance before quickly withdrawing his gaze. He coughed several times, his expression quickly turning inexplicably lonely. "You're right. But I want to ask: do you hope your Empress Mother is with someone else, or with me?"

What kind of question was this.

Rong Ting concluded that Emperor Father may indeed be ill.

When ill, one's brain would be addled, and one's IQ would occasionally go offline. He was like that before when he was sick.

"You are in ancient times and Empress Mother is in modern times. It is very difficult to be together."

They could only be together in spirit.

"I'm saying what if."

Rong Ting gave it some thought, but he still chose to tell the truth. "It's not a question of what I want or don't want. It should be based on Empress Mother's choice."

"Sigh."

Rong Heng heaved another sigh.

"If one day, Emperor Father meets a woman he truly likes," Rong Ting said, clenching his teeth, "I will try to accept it. Just like how Empress Mother accepted that Grandfather and Grandmother divorced to find new happiness."

Or so he said.

If there really was such a day, Rong Ting didn't know whether he could accept it, but he still had to say it. And he only said that he would try to accept it, not that he would definitely accept it.

Rong Heng gave two short laughs. "You're quite optimistic. My body and bones currently have the will but not the strength."

At the mention of this topic, Rong Ting's heart was an equal mix of uncertainty and worry.

Although being second-in-command wasn't easy, he still hoped that his Emperor Father was healthy and peaceful..

"Be at ease, Emperor Father, you will definitely live a hundred years."

Between the father and son, there were no falsehoods about 'living ten thousand years.' In their day and age, being able to live more than sixty years was considered a long life.

'May you live a hundred years' was the most practical blessing.

Rong Heng's expression relaxed. "A hundred years or not, it doesn't matter to me. I only hope that when I meet your Empress Mother one day, she will recognize me, and I will recognize her."

Rong Heng paused again. "As for my lifespan and my health, you don't need to worry too much. The State Preceptor once said that traveling through time-space is a forbidden technique that reduces one's lifespan. Perhaps my time has come. Birth, old age, disease, and death are all common events. My only hope now is that, when it is time for me to let go, you are already able to stand on your own and become the backbone of Great Ye. Then I can be at ease."

Why did this sound so strange?

Rong Ting felt that something wasn't right, but he couldn't figure it out. He could only comfort Rong Heng, "Don't worry, I will definitely live up to your expectations."

"When it is time for me to let go and leave, will you blame me?" Rong Heng asked him. "When I meet your Empress Mother again, I'm really afraid she'll blame and scold me."

"I will not blame you." Rong Ting felt a bit uncomfortable. Emperor Father must really be sick, to speak such nonsense.

Rong Heng expressed his regret. "It's too bad we couldn't bring anything from modern times. It would have been great to have a voice recorder."

Rong Ting heard his Emperor Father mumble to himself and lifted his head. "Emperor Father, what did you say?"

"Nothing, just talking to myself." Rong Heng whispered again, "I only fear that the hurdle with your Empress Mother...is difficult to overcome ."

"Emperor Father, rest well. Don't say such things." Rong Ting pulled up his quilt for him.

"En. You go back and rest. You're also exhausted after running about for so long."

When Rong Ting emerged from the emperor's palace, he didn't return to the East Palace, but instead to Kunning Palace.

He would often come to Kunning Palace. When he was young, he would frequently stay overnight. He didn't do so anymore now that he was older, but he would also come over to sit there after encountering a worrisome matter.

After returning from modern times, he was busy every day, to the point that he could only set aside a bit of time to miss Empress Mother.

Kunning Palace was still left the way Empress Mother had arranged it.

He entered the palace and ordered everyone to retreat. After taking a simple bath, he familiarly lay down on the bed. After being washed so many times, the quilt had long since lost his Empress Mother's scent.

When he was still very young and hadn't yet transmigrated to modern times, he had once uncovered a notebook in one of Kunning Palace's secret compartments.

At the time, he didn't understand much of it, but he knew that it was left behind by Empress Mother. Now, he understood that it was Empress Mother's diary–

D157, sunny.

When he came to eat in the afternoon, he said his neck hurt and his head was spinning. The imperial physician said it is exhaustion, but I think it might be cervical spondylosis4. Unfortunately, I'm not a doctor, so I don't know how to treat it.

D253, cloudy.

He asked me to shave his beard. When I refused, he said it was fine, but then I accidentally nicked his lower jaw and made him bleed.

D362, rain.

The imperial physician said that I'm pregnant. Sure enough, Weibo's popular science didn't deceive me, the 'safe period' or whatever is unreliable. What a pit. How did ancient people use contraception? But I don't dare ask, because others will think I'm insane. Can I be a good mom? Will I love this child? I don't know.

D390, clear.

I'm afraid that I'll forget simple characters5, so I can only casually write down these feelings. For 'disgraceful' words, I'll use English, so I won't be too bold. Haha. I had a dream that a little black dog was following me. I didn't let it follow, and it barked at me. Is it a conception dream? A little black dog? Will my baby be very dark-skinned6?

D425, very cloudy.

I can't let myself gain too much weight. Why do I have to drink so much tonic soup every day? Fortunately, he's read up on some medical skills recently and said that I don't need to drink too many tonics; if the baby is too big, it isn't beneficial during birth. But the tonic soup is sent every day as usual. If I don't drink, he'll drink it all. I hope the baby is healthy.

...

.....

Rong Ting couldn't read simplified characters before, but now he can. D should stand for "Day," and the number should be the number of days Empress Mother was in the palace. He had already memorized the diary by heart. There were many little things recorded in it, and the people who appeared the most were him and Emperor Father. Once, when he was bored, he counted, and when he found that the word count about him was 78 characters more than the word count about Emperor Father, he immediately felt satisfied.

Chapter 106 - Extra 3

After returning to ancient times, Rong Ting took a long time to adjust.

Though the position of crown prince seemed like one that stood above ten thousand people and under only one1, it was actually quite difficult. Occasionally, Rong Ting would be so tired he could barely stand it. During those times, he would ask himself whether he ever regretted his decision to return to ancient times. But he had no regrets. The belief that he would be a good emperor seemed to have long been ingrained in his bones. At the age of six, Rong Ting would cry when he recalled his Empress Mother, but at the age of twelve, he could already control his emotions.

It was probably because he always felt that one day, he would meet Empress Mother again.

About half a year before Rong Ting's thirteenth birthday, Rong Heng suddenly called him to his bedchamber late at night.

Rong Heng ordered everyone else in the palace to leave. When only the father and son were left, Rong Heng struggled to sit up, his complexion pale. He weakly coughed into a kerchief.

In the past two years, he fell ill more frequently, and the time to recovery took longer.

Rumors flew both in and out of the palace, speculating that the emperor's health was failing, and perhaps he would not live past these two years. Rong Ting would be furious every time he heard these rumors, but there was nothing he could do. Emperor Father was now entrusting him with many matters, and he lacked both time and energy to guard him.

Some time ago, Emperor Father unexpectedly coughed up blood.

Rong Ting couldn't believe that his Emperor Father, who he had always believed was capable of supporting both heaven and earth, was growing weaker day by day, and even...

"Emperor Father, it's unwise to come out so late at night. You should rest well," Rong Ting said in a low voice.

Rong Heng smiled. He was already not a very healthy person, and he looked very weak now. "En, I'll go to sleep after explaining some things to you. It's still early now."

Explain what things?

In the past few years, Emperor Father had handed him too many things; he didn't even have time to drink water.

Perhaps in Emperor Father's book, women were treated as men, and men were treated as beasts of labor!

"Keep this booklet with you." The trembling of Rong Heng's hands expressed how weak and feeble he was. He brought out a dark red booklet and passed it to Rong Ting.

Seeing his trembling hands, Rong Ting felt a sting in his eyes and nose.

Emperor Father was still so young, how could his health be so bad? Could it really be that transmigration had reduced his lifespan? But didn't he also transmigrate? Why did he feel that his body felt better than before? Could it have something to do with Rong Ting being vaccinated, but not his Emperor Father?

Rong Ting accepted the booklet and flipped it open. In an instant, he was stunned.

"In it are the current situations of some of the officials at the fifth rank and above. You can analyze it yourself which ones do proper work and which ones are all talk. The one's I've marked are all reliable. Some of the officials here have also taken bribes, but when the water is clear, there are no fish; there are very few officials who are truly honest. You must learn to balance the relationships between honest officials and the so-called corrupt officials. Once you sit on the throne, you can naturally distinguish which ones are tolerable and which are not.

"Of course," Rong Heng coughed quietly, his eyelids drooping, "my spies also 'inadvertently' collected the secrets of some officials along the way. You can choose to look at them. If you feel they're useful, you can keep them in mind. If you feel they're useless, just forget about them."

Rong Ting couldn't believe it!

Has the power of Emperor Father's spies reached this level? They've even uncovered the secrets of the court ministers?

"This is also for you." Rong Heng handed him another booklet. "This is the relevant information on some of the ministers' daughters who are suitable for your age. It also describes their appearance and character, as well as their level of knowledge and what talents they possess. Your Empress Mother once said that a child is influenced by their family origins. I feel that she is correct, so I've also written about their family backgrounds and close relationships."

Rong Ting: "...Emperor Father, I'm still young."

He was only 13. He couldn't have an early romance.

Even if those hillbillies hinted that he should select a crown princess consort, Emperor Father should have had modern societal thoughts instilled into him, right? Could it be that he also supported Rong Ting taking a wife?

Rong Heng was also very hopeless and helpless.

What father wanted to worry about such matters for his son? It wasn't like he was bored with nothing to do.

But he had no choice!

"I'm not asking you to choose a consort now." Rong Heng coughed several times. "It's not a bad thing to familiarize yourself with these situations. I can't make decisions for you your entire life. The daughters of these ministers have all been raised in their boudoirs; one day, after I leave, those ministers will definitely propose a draft–it's unavoidable. Keep the booklets for now; maybe you won't need them in the future."

Rong Ting naturally understood the meaning behind these booklets.

He was a bit moved. It seemed he really was Emperor Father's own son; he didn't hide a single thing from him.

"Thank you, Emperor Father."

"No need for thanks. These are all things I should do for you." Rong Heng smiled, looking at his son. "It's a pity I may not see the day you marry."

Rong Ting felt his heartstrings tighten. "What is Emperor Father saying? You are only in your thirties this year. Even with Imperial Grandfather's health, didn't he live to be in his fifties? Emperor Father, you will be able to watch me marry and have children."

Rong Heng's expression shifted minutely, but he quickly covered it up again. "I'm afraid I don't have this blessing. But don't fret. Even if we are separated in the future, I will always miss you."

Why did Emperor Father always like to say such things lately, like he was talking about his funeral!

Rong Ting hated hearing such words, but he glanced at Emperor Father's pallid complexion and silently swallowed those words back.

From that day on, Rong Ting would spend some time every day to keep Rong Heng company. It was already wrong for him to be unable to be filial to the end by Empress Mother's side. Now that Emperor Father's health was failing, how could he not stay by his side as his son?

Rong Heng felt helpless. "You don't need to come every day. Don't you still have many matters to handle?"

Rong Ting was insistent. "Emperor Father's health is the top priority."

...

......

Of course, after a week or two, Rong Ting noticed that something was off.

He kept getting the feeling that... Emperor Father's health wasn't that bad!

Rong Ting was a serious fellow, and very few people could fool him. Once he was suspicious, he insisted on getting to the bottom of things, so he began to read through medical books, and he also paid special attention to Emperor Father's condition every time he fell ill. That was when he discovered that Emperor Father was not as weak as he appeared.

Emperor Father said he couldn't eat, and at every meal he would only eat two or three bites before stopping.

But one time, he came back early, and in order to not disturb Emperor Father's rest, he stopped the servants from announcing his arrival and directly walked in. As a result, he could smell... Although Emperor Father promptly covered it up, he had the feeling that Emperor Father had just finished eating something.

After that day, he kept a close watch, and he discovered that after he left, Emperor Father's chief eunuch would sneak in with a food box.

This chief eunuch had been by Emperor Father's side since he was still the young crown prince, and the two shared a deep bond of master and servant. With his extremely cautious style, Rong Ting guessed that the chief eunuch didn't have the guts to eat in Emperor Father's palace even if he borrowed the courage of several men! After all his calculations, the person who was eating could only be Emperor Father.

What kind of problem was this. Can't eat during mealtimes, but after Rong Ting leaves, his appetite improves and everything tastes delicious??

He flipped through medical books and read through the imperial physicians' records and concluded that there must be a mistake.

In his opinion, Emperor Father wasn't sick from exhaustion at all!

And most importantly, Emperor Father had become particularly concerned about the stars. Every few days, he would summon the imperial astronomer and chat for nearly half a day. He could show concern for Emperor Father's health and consult the imperial physicians' records, but as the crown prince, he could not go up and ask about the contents of Emperor Father and the imperial astronomer's discussion; that would be taken as arrogance.

Rong Ting calmed down and realized that he had been hoodwinked by his Emperor Father.

Two days ago, Emperor Father said something mysterious. He said, "I have nothing left to teach you. You must carefully think about this final lesson."

As an emperor, the most taboo thing was to be blinded by friendship and lose the ability to distinguish right from wrong. But he never expected that one day, his Emperor Father would deceive him!

As long as he thought about everything Emperor Father has done these past two years, he could clearly see the clues.

Emperor Father, Emperor Father had been scheming for so long and had slowly begun to implement his plan several years beforehand. How astonishing that he only found out now!

How insidious! How cunning!

Rong Ting held his teacup, recalling that day Emperor Father coughed up blood. He thought bitterly, how was this an emperor, he was clearly a film emperor!

Chapter 107 - Extra 4

Facts proved that there is some truth to the saying 'a tiger father does not have a dog son.'

Although Rong Ting knew that his Emperor Father was treacherous and cunning and had dug a pit for him long ago in an attempt to hand over the burden and run away, he did not confront him, but silently acquiesced to his calculations. He even considerately cooperated with Emperor Father's performance.

He accepted Emperor Father's final lesson.

On this day, Rong Heng once again "fell ill," nearly reaching the point of "delirium." Rong Ting watched how his Emperor Father was immersed in his act and thought, powerful , really too powerful. Now he started to worry about Empress Mother. He wasn't by Empress Mother's side, and with Emperor Father's shrewd schemes... could Empress Mother really be able to put up a fight?

Slander was slander, but when he came out of the palace, straining to keep his eyes wide open as the wind blew in such a way, his eyes reddened, and tears fell.

He had a look of grief, and it was difficult to hide the sorrow when he replaced Emperor Father in morning court.

After they were dismissed from morning court, the court ministers exchanged looks, sighing soundlessly. They didn't know how long His Majesty could hold on. As for His Majesty's health, they had mentally braced themselves. It had to be known that in the first two years, His Majesty had only suffered minor illnesses, and they were never a hindrance. Later, his body gradually grew weaker. Perhaps it was due to this buffer period that when they saw His Highness Crown Prince's sorrowful appearance nowadays, they were not too surprised.

The only fortunate thing is that the passing of the throne was unlikely to lead to strife.

Though His Highness was still very young, the talent he displayed was not inferior to today's monarch. They could rest assured. Of the people who could truly reach the level of becoming a minister, who didn't want to be immortalized in the annals of history? In all likelihood, only by following a good emperor could one more easily get ahead.

The ministers were all big pig trotters. Don't look at how sad they were now. In fact, they only felt a bit downcast. But thinking of the current line of succession, this heir wasn't too bad... that bit of sorrow was nothing compared to their gratification.

Rong Ting didn't know if his acting skills were too good. Ever since he acted in tandem with Emperor Father, the situation in court had quietly started to change.

He, the second-in-command, enjoyed the treatment of the first-in-command ahead of schedule. Those ministers who previously treated him like a child and tried to fool him now greeted him with great respect.

The night before Rong Heng left, he chatted for a long time with Rong Ting in a "final blaze of life." He talked about his childhood experiences, his ideals and aspirations, and Song Yuan.

Both father and son maintained a tacit understanding, neither of them laying the truth bare. Rong Heng guessed that Rong Ting was aware of his plan. As for why the child didn't expose him, he thought, perhaps it had to do with a son's affections for his father, as well as the ambitions of an emperor-to-be.

"Emperor Father, there is one thing I want to ask you. Have you ever regretted it?" Rong Ting tucked in Rong Heng's quilt. He sat by the bed and asked in a low voice, "Do you regret going to the General's estate that day?"

Rong Heng laughed. "If your Empress Mother asked me, I would tell her that I have no regrets."

"And the truth?"

"I regret it."

Of course he regretted it. From the moment he met her and fell in love with her, he had become a ruler unbecoming of a ruler. But remaining clear-headed did not make him content, either. In the end, he didn't become the kind of monarch he had aspired to be when he was young. But that was life, and his regret was also a sweet suffering. In his next life, he hoped they would never meet again, but in this life, why not follow his heart?

Rong Ting didn't seem surprised by his answer, only saying softly, "I think Empress Mother also regrets it. It's strange; both of you have regrets, but neither of you is willing to cut ties."

Rong Heng gave a slight smile. "Maybe this is love."

Rong Ting: "..."

What to do, hearing this was physically uncomfortable.

The next day, the emperor passed away, and the whole country mourned. The new emperor succeeded the throne, weeping without pause.

Rong Ting knelt in the hall, taking advantage of the time no one was paying attention to sniff the "secret weapon" he'd ordered someone to make. The fumes were pungent, and one whiff made tears flow. Without using it, he couldn't cry. Not only would he not cry, he might even curse down the streets.

His Emperor Father foisted this heavy burden onto him while he ran off to modern times to chase his wife and live comfortably? Was this something a human would do? But he wasn't worried; with Empress Mother's character, she would definitely seek justice for him.

The new emperor was only thirteen. Not to mention a crown princess consort, there weren't even side consorts. The harem was starkly empty.

The handling of the concubines of the previous emperor became an issue. Originally, it wasn't the emperor's problem to worry about, but unfortunately, there was no mistress in the palace who could be in charge, so this matter could only be decided on by Rong Ting.

Rong Ting knew that the number of Emperor Father's concubines were not many, not to mention that a few had died over the past few years due to illness. At present, there were no more than 10 concubines in the hall.

In fact, they were still very young. The oldest one was only in her early thirties.

Rong Ting was stumped. For some reason, he recalled Empress Mother's words from that time. Empress Mother had felt pity for these women.

In the end, Rong Ting asked the consort dowagers whether they were willing to start a new life with another identity. If they were willing, they would be given enough silver taels to last a lifetime and sent out from the palace. From then on, they would have no ties to the royal family. On records, they would be marked deceased. Whether they married someone else and had children, or lived the rest of their lives alone, they would have nothing to do with the royal family.

If they were not willing, they could remain in the palace as a consort dowager, and enjoy the treatment a consort dowager would be given.

The concubines of the late emperor had practically been living widows. They had hoped to be favored by the late emperor and waited in their palaces day after day. From disappointment to despair to calm... they were still so young, but their faces were like still water, with nary a ripple.

At first, they were dazed upon hearing Rong Ting's words, but then their expressions lightened, and they sincerely knelt down. "We thank the Lord for his great kindness."

Rong Ting sighed. "In the future, just be yourselves."

The consort dowagers touched their foreheads to the floor. With eyes blurred by tears, they watched that dot of bright yellow grow farther and farther away.

Song Yuan had thought she would never see Rong Heng again.

She had thought that their separation was a farewell and had cried and suffered, but now, on a street in a foreign land, she saw him again.

"Long time no see." Those were his first words.

"I heard that it's not safe outside the country. You're still eating dinner this late at night?" These were his next words.

The two went to a nearby tavern and found a relatively quiet corner to sit. After recovering her senses, Song Yuan asked impatiently, "How are you back? No, don't tell me you didn't leave? If you went back and came back again, why are you alone?"

For Song Yuan, it was a few months apart, but for Rong Heng, it was a full seven years.

Only a week had passed in modern times since he transmigrated from ancient times. Mrs. Xie hadn't noticed his disappearance, so he continued to act as Xie Heng.

He listened to Mrs. Xie's arrangements and continued to study. He thought that Song Yuan might need some time to calm down, so he didn't bother her for this period of time.

In answer to this question, Rong Heng wanted to tell her that it was Rong Ting who always worried that she was alone and that she would be unhappy, that it was Rong Ting who wanted him to come back. But he remembered that he had promised her he would never lie to her again, so he honestly explained to her the entire sequence of events.

He was very good at avoiding the trivial and dwelling on the major points and passing over words that were not in his favor...it should be noted that during his reign, he had worked hard to pave the way for Rong Ting and remove all his obstacles. That way, when Rong Ting took over the throne, it would be much easier. And with Rong Ting's ability, he could completely take on the responsibility.

But his verbal tactics were clearly useless to an old mother. When Song Yuan finished listening, she was nearly lost for words. She gaped in disbelief. "He's only thirteen! He's thirteen, only in middle school. If someone bullies him, how can he carry such a heavy burden when he's still a child??"

That was a country!!

How much pressure must Gugu be enduring!

Rong Heng didn't know how to explain to her. "No one will bully him."

"How do you know?"

"He's not a child, he's an emperor with real power in his hands. No one would be shortsighted enough to bully him."

Song Yuan knew he was telling the truth, but she still felt very uncomfortable.

Things have reached this point, and there was nothing she could do. She couldn't force Rong Heng to go back, could she? Based on his words, he was already the late emperor. Wouldn't he be a risen corpse if he went back now?

But Gugu was only thirteen, could he really handle it? Would things really be fine?

Wuwuwuwu, she really wanted to hug Gugu!!

After about half an hour, Song Yuan concluded that Rong Heng was now the only person who understood Gugu's current circumstances, so she suppressed her emotions and asked him–

"Is Gugu okay? Has he grown? How tall is he?"

"Is he thin? Is he eating well?"

"Also, is he still picky? The book said that he was sick, was it serious? How did he get sick?"

"Is he healthy? There wasn't enough time, so I could only get him those few vaccines, ai!"

Rong Heng watched her quietly, falling to the onslaught. He said quietly, "An hour and twenty minutes."

Song Yuan was stunned. She looked at him puzzledly. "What did you say?"

Rong Heng shook his head.

He really didn't want to say that it had been an hour and twenty minutes since their reunion, and she had only asked about him for five minutes. In the remaining hour and fifteen minutes, she was either asking about Rong Ting or thinking about him.

Forget it, don't say it.

He owed Rong Ting this. Besides, he still had an entire lifetime.

"I'll answer one question at a time." Rong Heng's smile grew warmer and gentler. "He's very good, he's grown taller. When I left, he should have been about 1.6 meters. He's only thirteen, there's still a lot of time for growth. Based on our heights, it shouldn't be an issue for him to grow to 1.8 meters."

"He's not thin. At first, he didn't like eating the meals prepared by the imperial kitchen, but after going hungry for a few meals, he stopped being picky. Occasionally, he'll talk about wanting to eat your chicken wings. Of course, he misses Yakult the most."

"He's still a picky eater. "

"The sickness that time was due to his naughtiness. He sweated after riding horses and didn't wash or change his clothes. He started coughing and having a fever when he was chilled by the wind, but he got better by the third day. In the past few years, he's rarely been ill." Rong Heng asked her with a smile, "Is there anything else you want to ask?"

The author has something to say:

Gugu's arrangement of the concubines in the harem is unreasonable, but I sympathize with the girls in the harem (they haven't done anything wrong, and they shouldn't be trapped in other people's feelings for their whole lives. They can also have their own future, even if it's a bit late). Gugu has experienced so much and seen so much... I think he would have made this decision. En, be yourself!

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

1.9K 171 6
This Story is for Arakshi Fans....as I wanted to write on them since too long but didn't get the time and Idea... So thought to write some one Shots...
640K 66.9K 26
في وسط دهليز معتم يولد شخصًا قاتم قوي جبارً بارد يوجد بداخل قلبهُ شرارةًُ مُنيرة هل ستصبح الشرارة نارًا تحرق الجميع أم ستبرد وتنطفئ ماذا لو تلون الأ...
11.8K 362 11
Yes this is an Isekai fanfic. I love playing the division and I enjoy the Arknights game. Both share a similar story to where there's no hope unless...
44.9K 679 28
The first time they met, all the other noble women scurried away in an attempt to distance themselves from him as much as possible. Only Ye Huaiyang...