My Son is a Transmigrated Pri...

By Illya_lix

NOT MY STORY NOR TRANSLATION! JUST WANNA READ IT OFFLINE. PLEASE DON'T VOTE!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Song Yuan... More

1-5
6-10
11-15
21-25
26-30
31-35
36-40
41-45
46-50
51-55
56-60
61-65
66-70
71-75
76-80
81-85
86-90
91-95
96-100
101-103 (End of Main Stroy)
104-107
108-111 (End)

16-20

114 2 0
By Illya_lix

Chapter 16 - Your father's a no-good, dog thing!

In the education that Rong Ting had received, Emperor Father was a ruler. Even to him, he was a ruler first, then a father. The thunder, rain, and dew were all due to the ruler's grace. Even if Grandfather was Empress Mother's father, he should not be so daring. Fortunately, no other people were present. If he had been heard by someone with other intentions, perhaps even Empress Mother would be implicated.

Song Haiping, a middle-aged man older than forty, was shocked by the imposing manner of the five- or six-year-old Rong Ting.

"This child, how can you talk like this!"

This "the king is superior"... what was all this!

Rong Ting's expression didn't change as he said sharply: "Grandfather, Empress Mother is the mother of a nation, but she still walks on thin ice in the court and rear palace. Asking Grandfather to watch his words and actions, and take care not to implicate Empress Mother!"

As a matter of fact, Rong Ting was a person with pride in his bones. Having never met his grandfather before, he truly couldn't say he had any sentiment for him. He liked Grandfather simply because he was Empress Mother's father.

Having lived in the palace since he was young, Rong Ting was a person who was above ten thousand people and below one. With the exception of Emperor Father, all the people he saw were servants, and the education he had received was that imperial power reigned supreme. So now, when there were people challenging imperial authority and insulting the sovereign in front of him, he found it unacceptable.

What he found even more unacceptable was that Grandfather's words and actions would affect Empress Mother.

Song Yuan had already gotten used to Rong Ting's manner of speaking. But Song Haiping had only just met Rong Ting, so he was naturally stunned by Rong Ting's scholarly rhetoric.

"What is he saying? Why can't I understand a word he says?" Song Haiping looked in Song Yuan's direction, a dumbfounded and doubtful expression on his face. After this outburst, he lost all the rage that made him itch to take out a knife and butcher the beast.

Song Yuan sighed. She pulled Rong Ting over and said to Song Haiping: "Dad, Gugu is still young; he can't tell the difference between ancient times and modern times. He still thinks this is the ancient times, so he's more rigid and serious, but he doesn't have a bad heart. But it's still best not to say to the child's face that his dad is wrong. That's no good."

After saying this, she looked down at Rong Ting again. "Gugu, that is my dad. I don't care how you were taught in ancient times, but in modern times, whether or not you are my child, you have to learn to respect your elders, understand?"

Both people were 'educated.'

In fact, Rong Ting listened to Song Yuan very well. Just like at this moment–he didn't speak.

The three ate a simple dinner. Song Yuan was the one who cooked; Song Haiping originally intended to show off his skills to his daughter, but after that incident, let alone cooking, he didn't even have the heart to eat.

Song Yuan explained to Song Haiping eight hundred times, and swore to heaven eight hundred times, that she absolutely didn't do the things that she shouldn't do before she was an adult! She absolutely didn't pluck and eat the forbidden fruit with a male classmate, get pregnant, and have a baby!

Rong Ting, with a wooden expression, expounded that he was definitely not a child born out of wedlock. He was the empress's di son, and the dynasty's crown prince.

Song Haiping's ability to accept everything was very limited. After eating, he didn't even have a glass of wine and instead washed up and returned to the guest room to sleep.

Perhaps Song Yuan's simple-minded and carefree nature came from him. Song Haiping now reflected–it didn't matter what was going on. The absurdity of crossing through time and space was alright. Premature love was also fine. If this child was really his baby girl's, then their family couldn't hide from it ah! Even if he didn't accept it, he had to accept it–could he toss this boy out and send him away? He'd be struck by lightning and split in two. If he was the Song Family's child, then he would acknowledge him. If he wasn't the Song Family's child, not even the greatest man in the world would be willing to bump porcelain.

Despite this thought, Song Haiping still stayed up all night.

As the night dragged on, he grew more clear-headed. He calculated the timeline and recalled his daughter's growth between junior high and high school, and finally concluded that it really would have been a bit difficult if a stinky brat wanted to cheat his daughter. Not because of anything else–he knew it was very troublesome when girls hit their rebellious adolescent stage, so for three years of junior high and three years of high school, he gave no small number of gifts to his daughter's class teacher. He also helped the class teacher's nephew resolve his problem regarding work. With this bit of friendly exchange, she definitely would have paid close attention to his daughter.

Although he and his ex-wife couldn't be considered particularly responsible, to not even know that their daughter was pregnant and had a child...

Song Haiping felt more upset the more he thought about it. He got up and went to the second bedroom. Rong Ting was already asleep. He was a young child and had gotten tired out during the day, so at this moment, he was sleeping especially deeply. Song Haiping stared at Rong Ting's face under the moonlight. The more he looked the more he felt that if he said that this child had no relationship with his family's Yuanyuan... even he couldn't believe it ah.

This child didn't seem like a fool, either, so how could he speak like people from ancient times? Could it be that the crossing through time and space that his daughter spoke of really existed?

Song Haiping abruptly smacked his forehead, muttering to himself, "Insane!!"

Song Haiping, who hadn't slept all night, didn't seem the least bit tired as he brushed his teeth and washed his face early in the morning. After Rong Ting got up, he followed behind Rong Ting, watching the child squeeze out toothpaste and brush his teeth, then wash his face...

Seeing that Song Haiping had been following him, Rong Ting said helplessly: "What matters does Grandfather have?"

After a night of tossing and turning, the bags under Song Haiping's eyes were more prominent. "Little kid, are you hungry?"

Rong Ting was confused by these words, but he still replied truthfully: "Not too bad."

He was now slowly learning to speak like the people here. Otherwise, communicating would be rather complicated.

"That's called being hungry." Song Haiping patted his pocket. "Go, let's go out to eat breakfast, my treat. Let Yuanyuan sleep, we can bring back breakfast for her."

Rong Ting hesitated.

Song Haiping took it as a yes and dragged him towards the door in a manner of not accepting any refusals.

Rong Ting's body was small and he was easily dragged away. He couldn't help but think that Grandfather truly lived up to the name of Great General. His bravery was great, and his strength was also great.

The grandfather and grandson pair went out. The temperature in autumn mornings couldn't be considered very high. Song Haiping turned his head to look at Rong Ting, then straightforwardly took off his coat and put it on the boy.

Rong Ting was somewhat uncomfortable. "Gu is not cold."

"Why didn't Yuanyuan buy you a few sets of clothes?" Song Haiping added, "You look good in those clothes. Are you comfortable and warm?"

"Gu is not cold."

Song Haiping sighed, and put one hand in his pants pocket. He was in his forties this year, but he took good care of himself. He had thick, black hair, he had a straight posture, and he didn't have a beer belly. He also paid attention to the way he dressed and looked no different from young people in their thirties.

Rong Ting saw that Song Haiping didn't speak. He had always been curious about the matters regarding this grandfather and war god uncle. Seeing the great deity at this moment, he seemed somewhat different from the rumors.

According to rumors, Grandfather was brave and good at fighting when he was young, and he made great contributions in war for the Great Ye dynasty. Unfortunately, he had injured his leg in the battle with Dongshe, and since then, he had stepped down from his position and recuperated at home. The common people were not without their speculations. They whispered that Emperor Grandfather feared the great hero. However, with Emperor Father's succession and the appointment of Grandfather's son as the Great General, these rumors slowly subsided. It was just that later, Emperor Father had probably done the same thing as Emperor Grandfather.

"Gu did not expect that Grandfather would live in seclusion here with Empress Mother." Rong Ting took the initiative to speak first, wanting to chat with Song Haiping. He was still very interested in his heroic deeds during battle.

Song Haiping's scalp prickled when he heard these words, because it reminded him of the four words "crossing time and space."

But he already subconsciously believed the things his daughter said.

So many things had happened. If this child truly was his daughter's biological son, he couldn't have just popped out of stone ba!

After thinking about it, the grandfather and grandson pair left the neighborhood. There was a street selling breakfast nearby, and business was booming. Song Haiping glanced at Rong Ting. He didn't know what thoughts were in his brain when he said without thinking: "I've been to the Forbidden City no less than ten times, and the inside is just too big. I used to just listen to the tour guide speak, but as a matter of fact ne, I'm very interested in the ancient times. I don't know if this rear palace really does or doesn't have three thousand imperial concubines. If it really had that many, I would wonder if the imperial palace could fit them all ah."

Rong Ting was at the age where he liked to find faults and quarrel. Hearing Song Haiping say this, he stopped. Raising his small head to look at him, he corrected very seriously: "Grandfather, firstly, outside men cannot enter the rear palace. Secondly, Emperor Father does not have three thousand imperial concubines in the harem. Emperor Father is dedicated to political affairs, and is a generation's ming jun; there are only a dozen imperial concubines in the rear palace."

Song Haiping also stopped in his tracks when he heard these words. He was silent for a moment, then immediately erupted in anger. "A dozen little wives? A dozen! Is that a small number?!!"

He was furious. As soon as he accepted the setting of this child being the son that his daughter had with the emperor after transmigrating to ancient times, he then heard Rong Ting say this. If he hadn't wanted to maintain his composure, he really would have cursed wildly.

Rong Ting remained silent.

Of the dozen imperial concubines, practically all of them had been arranged by his Emperor Grandfather and Empress Grandmother before Emperor Father had succeeded the throne.

Compared to those of previous dynasties, the number of people in Emperor Father's rear palace was already very small; some ministers had more concubines than Emperor Father did. As a result, there were some ministers harboring malicious intentions who had repeatedly sent memorials requesting Emperor Father draft more beauties into the harem.

Song Haiping was good-looking, and he was very good at coaxing people with his mouth. Since youth until now, his luck with the opposite sex had never faltered. He was also not single-mindedly devoted–otherwise, his ex-wife would not have divorced him. But many men were hypocrites; he himself could be unfaithful–it was the dream of many men to wave several different flags at home and outside–but he couldn't tolerate his wife's infidelity, and even more so that of the man his daughter was seeing.

Song Haiping's anger grew the more he thought about it–the daughter he had raised in the palm of his hand had possibly gone through such an ordeal. If the other party had a good family background, a good moral character, and good looks, then he could bear it, but what was all this horseshit? A dozen little wives!

"Your father's a no-good, dog thing!" Song Haiping was so outraged that he had already forgotten that his daughter had told him not to speak ill of the child's dad in front of him.

Rong Ting was stunned, but Song Haiping did not stop his storm of insults.

"Grandfather!!"

Rong Ting was only one meter tall, so he couldn't block Song Haiping's mouth. Finally, with a flushed face and a panicked heart, he smashed the broken pot. Of course, he didn't forget to cover his ears. He heard nothing, he heard nothing! Can't hear, can't hear, he can't hear these words of treason!!

Chapter 17 - Thank you, Your Highness Crown Prince.

When Song Yuan got up, she discovered that the house was empty. She spotted the copybook Rong Ting had left on the desk. The child's calligraphy was quite excellent–

Gu has gone out with Grandfather. Do not miss us.】

Her lips curved up. After spending a few days with Gugu, she had begun to feel that having a child in the house was very interesting. In any case, she didn't have a boyfriend or husband right now, so there was no one she needed to be emotionally invested in; raising a child was not that difficult for her.

Dad probably brought Gugu out to eat breakfast. He would definitely bring some back for her.

Song Yuan wasn't in a hurry. She leisurely brushed her teeth, washed her face, and put on makeup. She checked the app for the results of the DNA test, but the report hadn't been released yet.

Meanwhile, Song Haiping and Rong Ting were angered half to death by the other party and had no mood to eat breakfast, but the two didn't forget to bring back breakfast for Song Yuan. Song Haiping bought two cases of baozi, one case of steamed dumplings, and some rice noodle rolls and prepared to return home.

Along their journey, Rong Ting didn't want to acknowledge this grandfather who had treasonous thoughts in his heart.

Of course, Song Haiping was not angry with Rong Ting. From his perspective as the father, he was very tempted to scold his daughter. When he had divorced his ex-wife, she had been so young, but she had said in a milky voice: "Daddy, I hope that you will be emotionally responsible in the future." At that time, he had laughed, and after laughing he had hugged his daughter and cried. His daughter had been so clever then ah. With him as a bad example, how could she still jump into the fire pit and get involved with a dog thing that had a dozen little wives ne?

"Kid, as a matter of fact, you side with your father in your heart." Song Haiping let out a sigh. "My Yuanyuan is so pitiful."

Rong Ting was extremely dissatisfied with these words. "Gu's heart only has Empress Mother."

Grandfather had said such treasonous words, and now he even said that he sided with Emperor Father. He had never sided with Emperor Father; everything he did was for Empress Mother.

Emperor Father had power that could cover the sky. Empress Mother had nothing–she only had him.

"Then, about your father having a dozen little wives–why didn't you say anything to him?" After Song Haiping returned to his senses, he had some thoughts about messing with the child, so he teased, "You can't compare with Yuanyuan on this point. So your love for Yuanyuan is fake, and your love for your father is real."

Rong Ting's face puffed up in anger. His tiny fists were clenched. "As that person's son, how could one comment on Emperor Father's matters and interfere with the inner courtyard of Emperor Father's harem? It goes against the tenets of filial piety."

"When all is said and done, your love for Yuanyuan isn't real. If you really loved her, how could you watch with eyes wide open while she suffers such wrongs?"

They soon arrived at the thirteenth building, where Song Yuan's home was located. When Rong Ting heard Song Haiping repeatedly denying his feelings for Empress Mother, he was so angry that he let go of Song Haiping's hand, and one lone person ran off into the thirteenth building. The elevator arrived just in time–he didn't wait for Song Haiping and directly jabbed the 'close doors' button. By the time Song Haiping entered the building, the elevator doors had already closed.

Song Haiping froze for a moment, then smiled. "This kid..."

Song Yuan heard a knock on the door. She opened it and saw Rong Ting walk in without any expression. It seemed that the child had been angered and was still very angry.

"What happened?" Song Yuan asked him.

Rong Ting gave her a look full of grievances but didn't say anything. He went straight to his room and shut the door. It was clearly an "I don't want to deal with people, I want peace and quiet" appearance.

Song Haiping came in while Song Yuan was still puzzled over what happened.

"Yuanyuan woke up la, just in time. Dad bought you your favorite xiaolongbao and steamed dumplings." Song Haiping unpacked the breakfast as he greeted Song Yuan. "Quickly, eat while it's hot. After eating, Dad will drive you to work."

Song Yuan let out an "oh" and sat down at the dining table, but she still pointed to Rong Ting's room and asked quietly, "Dad, did you mess with him again?"

Song Haiping was still in a complicated mood over this matter that was brought up.

He didn't mess with Rong Ting, nor did Rong Ting mess with him; it was his father who was worse than pigs and dogs who had offended him.

But he also couldn't talk about these things with his daughter. If Rong Ting really was his daughter's son, then Rong Ting's father was also the one his daughter chose. How was he supposed to ask her now ne? Ask her why she wanted to be with such a man? Was that appropriate?

He had also done such things that betrayed the sentiments of marriage.

Now his daughter had met such a man. Was this retribution?

To tell the truth, he had been in the business world for so many years; the number of wicked things he had done in his early years was not few. He didn't fear retribution, but he couldn't pass it onto his daughter.

He was afraid that he would influence his daughter. He was afraid that, because she saw her dad was like this, she would think all men in the world were also like this.

Song Haiping's heart felt pained. He lowered his head, and his hands trembled as he opened the xiaolongbao sauce packet. He lifted his head again, recovering the smiling face from before. "I didn't mess with him. This little pup can protect his dad ne. I just said a few words and he got so angry."

"That's no good. The child should only side with you, the mom, not the father."

Song Yuan was just about to "educate" Old Comrade Song–why didn't he listen to her warnings again?–when she heard the words at the end. Her entire body froze up, and she disbelievingly asked him, "Dad, you believe me?"

She, the involved party, had taken a few days before she accepted this sort of thing. It took her dad one night to accept that she might have transmigrated to ancient times and had the crown prince with the emperor???

This was too unbelievable!

Song Haiping gave her a glance. Just like in the past, he raised a hand to stroke her hair. "Does not believing mean I want you to handle this all by yourself? In any case, wait until the results come out. Yuanyuan, don't be afraid. Dad is here."

Song Yuan was nearly moved to tears.

She had thought that even her parents wouldn't believe such a bizarre thing. She would never have expected that her dad believed her.

This made her feel much more at ease. It was like a person who was keeping a secret had to bear everything by themselves, and then suddenly a trustworthy person was discovered by another, trustworthy person. That kind of relief felt so good ah!

Song Haiping knew that he had upset Rong Ting. He was an adult–it wasn't certain whether he was the other's grandfather, but he couldn't be too stingy, and he couldn't cause the little grandson to hold a grudge against him.

To be clear, his father was no better than pigs and dogs, but the child was innocent. This child might be his Yuanyuan's son!

Thinking up to here, Song Haiping approached Rong Ting's room and reached out a hand to knock. "Kid, come out for breakfast. The xiaolongbao will get cold soon, and then they won't taste good."

From inside, Rong Ting 'hmph'd twice, but Song Haiping didn't hear it.

Song Haiping originally wanted to drive Song Yuan to work, but Song Yuan worried about Rong Ting being alone at home. It was getting late, so after hastily eating a few dumplings, she picked up her bag and car keys and said to Song Haiping: "Dad, I'm going to work. If you don't have anything today you can help me look after Gugu, right?" She paused, then said seriously, "Dad, you really really can't blame his dad in front of him anymore. It's really hurtful for the child; no matter what, that's his dad."

Song Haiping nodded, reluctant and unenthusiastic. "Alright ba, I know."

"And don't watch TV with Gugu. It's bad for the eyes."

"Don't take him out to eat junk food. The weather has been dry lately, so have him drink more water."

After Song Yuan finished her warnings, she felt she was becoming more like a mom.

Song Haiping saw her off at the door. "I say, don't go to work, or just ask for a month off. This matter is not over yet ah, and you can't always leave the child alone at home ba."

Speaking of this matter, Song Yuan also had a massive headache. "I have no way to ask for leave for now, and it's even more impossible for me to quit–Uncle will scold me to death. Let's talk about this when I'm less busy."

Saying these words, Song Yuan went out. She walked toward the elevator and pressed the button.

With her dad at home to watch over Gugu, she felt much more at ease.

At least she wouldn't have to worry about Gugu getting into an accident.

Rong Ting had been pressing his ear to the door this whole time, listening to the movements outside. Hearing Song Yuan leaving, he opened the door, somewhat panicked, and rushed out.

Song Haiping wanted to block him, but he couldn't stop him.

Rong Ting had a great many thoughts just now. He thought, did he really do something wrong?

He didn't know much about the matters between Empress Mother and Emperor Father, and the old palace maid wasn't willing to say much, but Empress Mother had been unhappy later. The old maid also let something slip once.

She had said that he was the only one Empress Mother cared for.

Song Yuan heard the sound of footsteps. She turned her head and saw Rong Ting chasing after her. She looked surprised. "Gugu, you..."

Before she finished speaking, Rong Ting was already on tiptoe, hugging her waist and rubbing lovingly.

Song Yuan used this chance to bend down and hug him.

After staying in this position for a while, Rong Ting suddenly opened his mouth and said, "Empress Mother, I'm sorry. Gu is afraid of Emperor Father. Emperor Father is serious in both speech and manners and is especially strict towards gu. If Emperor Father truly caused Empress Mother grief..."

He stopped speaking.

In truth, he didn't know what to say. Although he was not close to Emperor Father, Emperor Father also never once treated him badly. On one side was Emperor Father, and on the other was Empress Mother...

"Gu has never clearly understood the matters between parents, and is unable to make any judgements. There is only one thing gu wishes for Empress Mother to know: gu only wants you to be happy." Rong Ting patted her on her back. "Gu will never force Empress Mother to do things that make her unhappy, nor let other people, including Emperor Father, force you. Gu swears by this."

Song Yuan heard these words and froze for a moment. After pondering over it, she hugged Rong Ting even tighter.

"Thank you, Your Highness Crown Prince."

Chapter 18 - And take the little country bumpkin out to see the world along the way.

Less than a few days later, the results of the DNA test came out. Song Haiping personally drove out to the institution to pick up the report. When he read the results confirming Rong Ting's blood relation to his daughter Song Yuan, Song Haiping sat in the emergency staircase, smoking a cigarette. In his younger days, he used to smoke and drink very heavily while he entertained his clients. These past two years, under his daughter's persuasion, he had already begun to pay attention to his health.

Although he had already mentally prepared himself for the possibility of Rong Ting being his grandson, when the results came out, Song Haiping was still flustered.

What should he do about this child ne? And what about his daughter's future?

Most single mothers had it hard. Why did such a thing happen to his daughter?

At this moment, a thought arose in Song Haiping's mind: if Rong Ting was a child of the Song family, he must definitely acknowledge him. But Rong Ting couldn't be acknowledged as his daughter's.

He had decided since long ago that he would never remarry in this life. Everything under his name would be left to his only daughter. He was nearly half a century old, so he didn't care about his reputation. He would recognize Rong Ting as his own, allowing Rong Ting and his daughter to become brother and sister in name. This way, people would not gossip about his daughter, and his daughter would not be affected if she were to get married and have children in the future.

All dads were selfish. Song Haiping's favorite would always be his daughter; if he couldn't control others, then he wanted his daughter to have a happy future.

Once he came up with this thought, Song Haiping hurriedly put out his cigarette. He took out his phone from his pocket and dialed Song Yuan.

Song Yuan was at work. Seeing that the caller ID was 'Dad', she picked up the phone and left the office, only picking up the phone when nobody was around. "Dad, I'm at work ne."

"Yuanyuan, Dad was thinking. Rong Ting's registered household is a problem. Without it, he can't go to school," Song Haiping said in a relaxed manner. "You're only twenty-two. You still have a long life ahead of you ne..."

Before Song Haiping finished speaking, the smile on Song Yuan's face faded, and she interrupted him. "Dad, I'm not sending Gugu away."

"Look at what you're saying. That's a child of our Song family. How could Dad send him away? Dad wants to feed him well so he can study and become a great talent."

"Dad, I'm your daughter. I know what you want to say." The phrase 'no one understands the father better than the daughter' could not be more fitting for the Song father and daughter. "You want to establish Rong Ting as my little brother, right? Dad, it's not necessary, really. You don't know how sensitive Gugu is. If I do this, it's equivalent to me disowning him, and he'll remember it for his entire life."

"He's still a child. What does he know?"

But Song Yuan was unexpectedly insistent. "My point is, no. Dad, I've grown up. Gugu is my child, so he's my responsibility. There's no point in running away from it. We'll talk about it later. I don't know what happened, but what Gugu said is right. I've already abandoned him once; if I don't acknowledge him this time," she paused, her throat somewhat dry, "it'll be too unfair for him. He's still a child ne."

Although they'd only lived together for a short period of time, she still felt that when she had transmigrated to ancient times, she must have decided to have Gugu after careful deliberation. As a parent who brought him into the world without his consent, how could she not take good care of him and assume responsibility for him?

She didn't know the reason why she abandoned her son, but since Gugu had worked hard to appear in her life, she shouldn't push him away or hurt him. He was still a child, after all.

When Song Haiping heard his daughter say these, he couldn't help but fall silent.

Yuanyuan's temper seemed soft, but in reality, she was more stubborn than anyone else.

"Let's not talk about this right now. Wait until your mom comes back from H City and she hears about this. The three of us will discuss it properly then." Now it was Song Haiping who dodged the question.

Although Song Haiping felt that Rong Ting was a troublesome burden for his daughter, his body was more honest than his conscious.

During this period of time when he had nothing to do, he conscientiously helped Song Yuan raise the child.

Right now, Rong Ting had neither an identity nor a registered household; it would be very difficult for him to go to kindergarten. Of course, considering his personality, it would probably be hard for him to mesh well with the kindergarten children.

With Song Haiping there, Song Yuan was relieved. At the very least, she didn't need to worry about Rong Ting being in danger or extremely bored at home while she was at work.

The relationship between Song Haiping and Rong Ting was very delicate; the two quarreled nearly every day. Song Yuan often teased them, saying that they were "two children arguing over the sun."

If Rong Ting had previously had such a person in his life, he definitely would have hated it. But in the end, he still followed Song Haiping every day to either the supermarket or Song Haiping's company. He didn't seem unwilling, either.

Now, Rong Ting would no longer solemnly call Song Haiping 'Grandfather'.

Song Haiping didn't let Rong Ting call him this while they were outside. He still had selfish motives; he didn't want others who know that his little girl had gotten pregnant before marriage and that the child was so big.

Rong Ting didn't mind it too much. He just asked with a displeased expression: "What address should gu use?"

Song Haiping thought, then said: "Your mother used to call me Old Song for a little bit. You can also call me this."

Rong Ting was dumbfounded. "Mother Mother was actually so..." disrespectful?

Song Haiping laughed. "Look at your surprised face. I don't mind. It means that Yuanyuan is very close to me!"

"Gu refuses."

Rong Ting did not agree. Calling his Grandfather 'Old Song'–if the civil and military officials were to find out, he'd be scolded to death!

"Either way, you can't call me 'Grandfather' or 'Grandpa' while we're outside."

Rong Ting rolled his eyes in his heart. Do you think gu cares ne?

"Since Grandfather is so earnest and insistent, gu can only obey your wishes." Rong Ting cleared his throat. "Old Song, gu is hungry."

Song Haiping: "...Fine, I must have owed you and your mom in my previous life."

Because Song Haiping brought Rong Ting around everywhere, rumors were floating around without their knowledge. The staff privately discussed amongst themselves: that child wearing a period costume must be President Song's son! Some of Song Haiping's relatives were working in his company. When they first heard the rumor, their first reaction was to call Song Yuan.

Among them was Song Yuan's cousin, who spoke as though he were facing a great enemy: "Yuanyuan, your dad sure can floatne, bringing his son around everywhere. Something's wrong; when did Uncle get remarried and have a child? We don't know how, but Yuanyuan, you need to keep an eye out. This company and supermarket can't fall in other people's hands. Hurry and come to the company ba!! That kid's mom will definitely push him into snatching your property!!!"

It had to be said that the people of the Song family truly had big holes in their brain, and they loved to fill them with imaginary scenarios.

Song Yuan had a good relationship with her older cousins. The Song family's grandfather and grandmother treated everyone fairly; everyone got along harmoniously, and nobody tried to make mischief.

It wasn't easy for Song Yuan to directly tell her cousin that Rong Ting was her son. Before her mom returned and found out about the current situation, it was best that others didn't know...

"Ge, I've seen that child. He's not my dad's–my dad is taking him out to play."

Her cousin was skeptical. "Don't worry, Yuanyuan. The company has me to keep watch ne. I bet that kid's still in kindergarten. You can rest assured–I'll go ask around to see who that kid's mom is!"

Song Yuan: "..."

Alright ba, this could be considered as temporarily giving her dad some reprieve.

Song Haiping brought Rong Ting to his office during work. He was on a video call with his friend in B city. He bought quite a few books for Rong Ting, as well as an iPad. Rong Ting was extremely bright. He didn't know how to use it at first, but after Song Haiping demonstrated a few times, he could do everything. But Song Haiping still remembered his daughter's words, and he said to Rong Ting with a solemn expression: "Yuanyuan said you can only watch for twenty minutes at a time."

"Old Song, who are you talking to ne?" the friend on the other end of the video call asked.

Song Haiping withdrew his gaze. "A relative's child. Let's keep talking; what's the situation with the Xie family?"

Song Haiping was preparing to expand the company and supermarket into B City, but the waters of B City were deep. Several years ago, he had offended someone from a side branch of the Xie family. He was afraid that someone would cause trouble for him, so during this time, he was particularly concerned about the Xie family's internal affairs.

"The Xie family's crown prince was found," the friend said.

Song Haiping looked somewhat annoyed. "Didn't they say he was definitely dead?"

The one standing behind the person of the side branch who he had offended was that Xie family crown prince. If the Crown Prince had kicked the bucket, the branch family definitely wouldn't dare to stir up trouble again.

"He's blessed with great fortune. But I heard that he was gravely injured when he was found. He was resuscitated several times in the hospital; now, he's no longer considered in critical danger." The friend lowered his voice further. "I also just asked some people from the hospital. He woke up, but I heard that he won't speak."

Song Haiping was astonished. "He's mute la?"

"I don't know if his vocal cords are damaged or irritated. In any case, now he won't speak or respond to people. The Xie family is going insane with worry."

Song Haiping clicked his tongue. "Me listening to you speak is like walking around blind. Forget it, I'll head to B City in two days."

And take the little country bumpkin out to see the world along the way.

"Alright ah. I'll give you a warm welcome when you do."

Meanwhile, the VIP ward in a hospital in B City was very quiet–only the sound of medical equipment could be heard. Xie Yanjun pushed open the door and saw his eldest son sitting up on the hospital bed.

His mood was extremely complicated. It was said that his youngest son had laid out a trap for his eldest son, leading to his son's disappearance, with his whereabouts unknown. The family spent several months, as well as countless resources and manpower, to fortuitously find the eldest son, but he had been heavily injured, particularly his head. When they found him, the son was being sent to the local hospital, and the doctors were resuscitating...

This time, he took advantage of the time his wife and parents were away to come over to intercede for his youngest son.

"A'Heng, Xie Xuan isn't that bold. He loves you, his dage, very much; it's impossible for him to do something to hurt you. This time, your grandparents and your mom wants to punish Xie Xuan. I don't have any opinion, but they shouldn't be too excessive; for better or worse, Xie Xuan is your younger brother."

He naturally wanted to save his youngest son. Although he was born from a mistress outside and could never enter the Xie family tree, he was still his son.

He was somewhat confident. His eldest son had been very filial in the past, and he had always obeyed his words.

Xie Yanjun looked at his eldest son, Xie Heng.

Only to see that his son had already raised his head. It was only a glance, but Xie Yanjun didn't know why he felt a chill run down his back.

The look in his eyes was clearly flat and dull, but this gaze gave him the feeling of "the son knows what laozi thinks, but laozi can't see through the son anymore."

It was only after he left the ward that Xie Yanjun felt that something was wrong. His eldest son had changed.

Chapter 19 - Gu will never be a person who oppresses the people and robs them of their flesh and blood!

At three in the afternoon, Song Haiping got off work early and brought Rong Ting to the nearby supermarket to purchase groceries.

Rong Ting sat in the shopping cart while Song Haiping pushed him. It was inevitable for the grandfather and grandson pair to quarrel.

In fact, every time they argued, it was over some trivial matter–after their argument, they would forget the reason they fought in the first place. Song Haiping was not a bad cook, and he felt distressed thinking that his daughter would return home and then have to raise the child and cook, so he could only volunteer to take over the heavy responsibility. Fortunately, nothing was going on at the company, so he had enough time.

Song Yuan felt that this was her happiest moment! It would be even better if her mom was also here!

Every day, when she came home from work, she could smell the food. Her dad would come out of the kitchen to instruct her to wash her hands before eating.

Meanwhile, Gugu would be standing in the balcony reciting his lessons or practicing calligraphy.

During dinner, Song Haiping casually announced, "Tomorrow or the day after tomorrow, I plan to drive to B City and also bring Rong Ting along."

Song Yuan and Rong Ting put down their chopsticks and said in unison: "What?"

Rong Ting's brows furrowed. "Gu objects."

He was considerate of Empress Mother's working hard every day. Following Grandfather around did not mean that he was willing to leave Empress Mother and follow Grandfather elsewhere.

"Children have no right to object." Song Haiping looked at Song Yuan. "You're working hard every day. As for me ne, there are matters in B City that I want to take a look at. You'll be anxious while Rong Ting stays at home, and his meals are also a problem–he can't eat takeout every day, and if he did call for takeout, it'd be unsafe with him by himself at home."

Song Yuan felt that what her dad said was reasonable. She still had many matters to deal with at work, mainly because a colleague in her team had gotten sick and gone to the hospital, and now those matters had fallen on her, the brick. She couldn't resign during such an important time, and she would worry if Rong Ting was home alone.

Rong Ting didn't seem as opposed to the suggestion as before after hearing Song Haiping's argument, but he still frowned as he asked: "How long?"

He was now being taught by Song Haiping, and his speech was gradually becoming more like that of modern times.

"As long as one week and as short as three or four days."

Song Haiping was also unconsciously influenced by Rong Ting's speech into sounding more "scholarly."

Rong Ting shot Song Haiping a look of reluctance. "Alright ba."

He himself knew that if he didn't follow Grandfather to B City, Empress Mother would constantly worry for him while at work and would rush back as soon as possible after work. It would be too exhausting; he should learn to show consideration for Empress Mother.

Rong Ting didn't have any luggage to pack; he still wore the traditional clothing. After taking a bath at night, he would change out of it, wash it, and hang it to dry so he could wear it the next day.

"B City's climate is a little drier than here. Drink lots of water over there." When Song Yuan packed the luggage for Rong Ting, she also placed the cartoon thermos she'd bought for him. "Be sure to drink water and eat fruit."

"Rub in this children's lotion after you wash your face every day."

"Also, have Grandpa make a glass of milk for you every night before you go to bed so you can sleep well afterwards."

Rong Ting watched as Song Yuan helped him pack his luggage while her mouth continued to talk about all kinds of things. He sat on the bed, looking at ease, and the corners of his lips raised slightly. "Empress Mother, gu is only leaving for a few days and will return very quickly."

"Do you remember my phone number?" Song Yuan asked again.

Rong Ting did indeed remember it. His mind was quite nimble, and he could even recite Song Yuan and Song Haiping's numbers backwards.

"If you get lost while you're outside with Grandpa, remember to call or look for a policeman uncle. Don't follow any strangers, understand?"

Ever since the results of the DNA test came out, Song Yuan felt that she had changed her character role too quickly as she accepted Rong Ting as her son with almost no hesitation.

Rong Ting patted the space next to him, motioning for Song Yuan to sit down.

Song Yuan packed the suitcase, then sat down and tilted her head as she looked at him. "What?"

"Empress Mother, are you reluctant to part and unwilling to separate from gu?" When the child said this, his lips were slightly quirked up, and there was a bright light in his eyes. He looked proud and pleased.

Song Yuan nodded very seriously. "You're not wrong ba."

"If you are then say you are, and if not then say you aren't."

"I am."

Rong Ting was completely satisfied by Song Yuan's answer. He reached out to pull Song Yuan's hand, but then let go very quickly. He really wanted to be close to Song Yuan, but his education prevented him from being too close to her for too long.

Song Haiping asked the driver to take them to B City. They took the highway from their current location to B City, which only took six hours.

Song Haiping had bought two houses several years earlier, when there had not yet been any purchase restrictions in B City. At the time, his thinking had been very simple. He had been afraid that his daughter would expand into B City in the future, so he had checked out the real estate. At the time, the housing prices had not soared. He felt that the price wasn't bad, and he fortunately had a bit of money with him. So he bought two three-bedroom houses all at once, both within the third ring road.

He had been visiting B City more frequently in the last two years, so he had hired an auntie. Before they arrived, he had asked the auntie to clean inside and out.

He looked rather proud as he brought Rong Ting into the house. "Although I won't slander your father in front of you, I still have some things to say. Regardless of whether your father was a prince or an emperor in ancient times, that's long-gone history. If he had come with you, he might have been a penniless man in front of your grandpa."

Rong Ting silently rolled his eyes. "All under heaven is the king's land!"

"If that's what you say, then fine, go over to the neighbor's house and ask him to drive me his Porsche." Song Haiping teased, "Didn't you say 'all under heaven is the king's land', so isn't another person's Porshe your Porshe? As my grandson, shouldn't you be filial to your grandfather?"

Rong Ting was dumbfounded by Song Haiping's thief-like logic.

"You're making an unreasonable demand!"

"Gu will never be a person who oppresses the people and robs them of their flesh and blood!"

"Gu will not stoop to your level!"

After their quarrel, Song Haiping, having looked to his heart's content at Rong Ting's exasperated appearance, patted his head. "That's right ma, children should act like children, instead of going around looking like a little adult every day."

Rong Ting almost coughed up blood.

Song Haiping brought the still seething Rong Ting out to eat. He also wanted to have Rong Ting's hair cut while they were out.

Although Rong Ting didn't say it, Song Yuan knew that he didn't intend to live here his whole life and had the intention of returning to the palace. It was, after all, the place where he had lived since he was born. It was just that Song Yuan wasn't as optimistic as he was. He had transmigrated here because he had wished for it. He had said it himself–it was a rare event that occurred once in a hundred years. It was only through the State Preceptor's method and good luck that he had coincidentally been able to cross through time and space.

From a logical standpoint, Rong Ting's chances of transmigrating back were nearly zero.

Song Yuan had never brought this up to Rong Ting first because she feared that he wouldn't be able to accept it.

Song Haiping didn't have Song Yuan's meticulousness. He felt that his grandson must definitely find a way to settle down. After setting down, he would go to kindergarten. He couldn't go around every day wearing traditional clothing and binding his hair.

And so, while they were out for dinner, Song Haiping wanted to take Rong Ting to get him a handsome haircut.

After the grandson and grandfather pair finished eating, Song Haiping said to Rong Ting in a mystical manner: "I will take you to a good place."

Rong Ting looked indifferent on the surface, but he was very expectant on the inside.

Until Song Haiping brought Rong Ting to the door of the barber shop. Rong Ting popped his head in for a peek and saw the barber cutting hair. Being as clever as he was, he immediately guessed what they were here for. He frowned, backed away two steps, and said to Song Haiping, "You brought gu to cut his hair? Gu refuses."

Song Haiping pulled Rong Ting forward. "Refuse what ya? Your hair is so long–washing it isn't easy, and neither is combing it. There are no children in kindergarten who look like you. And when you go to elementary school, the regulations are even stricter. We are cutting it today. Don't worry ah, Grandpa isn't stingy. Ask for the most expensive barber here–oh, no–ask for the shop manager to personally cut it for you!"

Rong Ting saw that Song Haiping was being serious. Thinking of the difference in strength between him and his grandfather, he suddenly grew desperate. He knew that there was no point in talking sense into Grandfather, but making him cut his hair–he was better off cutting off his head!

Thinking this, Rong Ting didn't let Song Haiping grab him. His first reaction was to escape.

He ran with all his might, recklessly charging onto the intersection just as a car sped across.

Song Haiping felt his heart leap to his throat. "Rong Ting!!"

Rong Ting turned his head and saw a car speeding towards him. He froze, and for a quick moment, his pupils dilated sharply.

Song Haiping was so frightened out of his mind that his legs went soft. It was late autumn, and his body was covered in a cold sweat, and he seemed as if he would fall down in the next second. Just then the car was only a dozen centimeters away from Rong Ting, it barely managed to brake and come to a halt.

The driver sat there in the car, still in a state of shock. When he could finally react, he wanted to break out in curses.

Fortunately, he remembered the boss still sitting in the car, and he barely managed to press down the urge to swear.

"Boss, are you okay?" The driver, at this moment, cried without tears. The boss was just discharged from the hospital. If he suffered a shock, and the Xie family's master and madam were to know, he didn't know what they would say, but the boss was their most precious child.

What really scared him was, when he turned around to ask, it was as though his entire body was stuck.

He, he actually forgot that his boss had stopped talking because he had suffered a shock.

Why did he ask ah?

The person who the driver called "boss" looked outside the window at the child who was so scared, he didn't know what to do. He suddenly straightened up, alarm in his previously deep and tranquil eyes. But very quickly, he calmed down. His eyelids lowered, and his hands were on his knees, but his breathing was a little quicker than before.

Song Haiping rushed over and hugged Rong Ting. He was so scared that he couldn't speak clearly. "You, are you okay! Where does it hurt! Tell Grandpa if you're uncomfortable anywhere, Grandpa will immediately take you to the hospital!"

Song Haiping's eyes were bloodshot from fear.

Rong Ting responded rather quickly. He calmed down and rather uncomfortably patted Song Haiping on the back. "Grandfather, gu is unharmed."

"You're really not hurt?"

"Really not hurt. The car did not hit gu."

Song Haiping was finally relieved. He looked at the car, and his heart dropped. Looking at the car and the license plate, he could tell that the owner was a wealthy and respectable person. He was not an unreasonable person; since the child was not harmed, he also would not make trouble for the people responsible. His grandson was right there ne. He couldn't set a bad example for the child.

As Song Haiping prepared to carry the child and leave and let the road return to normal operations, the driver got out of the car.

The driver was also very puzzled. The other party was clearly unwilling to dispute, so why did the boss still signal for him to get in contact with them?

Just now, the boss had looked at the cell phone in his hand. He tentatively asked: "Is it to give the contact information to this person?"

The boss nodded.

The driver walked over to Song Haiping and gave him the boss's business card. "This is our boss's business card. If your family's child has any discomfort, then you can contact us. There is a specialist at B City Hospital; you can bring your family's child there for a physical examination. All the expenses will be under our boss's name."

Song Haiping accepted the business card. He just gave it a glance and was immediately stunned.

W-was this really the business card of the Xie family's crown prince?!

Song Haiping was a businessman. He struggled from poverty to where he was today by relying on his quick brain.

He took out his own business card from his pocket and handed it to the driver. He knew that his action was a bit rushed, but he would be damned if he didn't try to rub elbows with this god of wealth. Now that he left behind a name with the Xie family's crown prince, the branch family would have to weigh their options if they wanted to find trouble with him.

"This is my business card. Please give it to your boss." Song Haiping quickly recovered from his panic and restored his previous image of an old hand in the business world. "Truthfully, it was my family's child who ran onto the road. I have a friend who does car maintenance–if you have any issues with your car later, then you can give me a call. I'll arrange for your repair and maintenance. I'm truly sorry about this."

The driver saw that Song Haiping had no intention of scamming them out of money and was still polite and full of smiles. "No problem, no problem, just be careful next time."

Song Haiping was even more polite. "We've troubled you."

After saying this, Song Haiping carried Rong Ting and apologized to the driver before leaving. As he departed, he glanced at the car again.

Rong Ting was also sizing up Song Haiping. He felt that Grandfather's smile just now was just like that of an old fox.

Song Haiping saw that Rong Ting was looking at him. He put him down and inspected him from head to toe again, making sure that he hadn't been hit. He said, still with a straight face: "That was really dangerous ah. It's not good to run off wherever. You just ran right onto the road. If something had happened to you, how am I supposed to explain to your mother? I nearly had a heart attack because of you."

But speaking of this matter. Song Haiping thought, and said somewhat awkwardly, "You can't tell your mother about what happened just now."

"Why?"

"You just can't." In fact, Song Haiping was very afraid of his daughter. If she found out that he brought Rong Ting out to cut his hair, making Rong Ting run away and nearly get hit by a car, his daughter would definitely be furious.

Rong Ting didn't need Song Haiping to tell him; he wouldn't tell Song Yuan about this incident. He felt that if Empress Mother were to know, she would definitely be worried. He didn't want Empress Mother to worry about him.

"Gu can keep quiet." Song Haiping was just about to praise Rong Ting for being sensible when he heard him say, "But gu has a condition."

"You still have a condition? You want to discuss conditions with me? Fine ba, say it, say it."

Rong Ting pointed to a large supermarket across the street.

Song Haiping was speechless.

In the end, Song Haiping brought Rong Ting to the supermarket and bought a shopping cart's worth of snacks.

That evening, in the Xie family's ancestral home, a man sat on the sofa in the living room. He held a business card in his hand, his expression dark and overcast.

Chapter 20 - Grandmother was so magnificent that gu forgot to greet her. How discourteous.

Song Haiping and Rong Ting didn't stay too long in B City.

They left B City on their back foot, and just as their front foot stepped into the house, Song Yuan's mom, AKA Ms. Chen Linjing, returned from H City.

Chen Linjing was planning to return, so naturally she informed Song Yuan first. Song Yuan knew that the seemingly peaceful day would be chaotic once again. Even if she could lie to others about Rong Ting's existence and relation with her, she couldn't lie to her parents. And now her dad already knew, but her mom didn't ne. The longer the matter was concealed, the worse it would be. Having made the decision to have a showdown, Song Yuan became unusually attentive. The day Chen Linjing returned, she specially asked for a half-day leave, and in the afternoon she personally drove down to the airport to pick up her mom.

On her way to the airport, Song Yuan didn't forget to stop by a flower shop and buy a bouquet of flowers.

The airport was packed with people every day. Song Yuan waited at the exit. Upon seeing her family's mother wearing large sunglasses and a windbreaker and dragging a small suitcase along, she demonstrated a cleverness that she had never shown in the past twenty-two years. She rushed up and hugged her mom. "Mom, I missed you so much ah!"

Chen Linjing took off her sunglasses and accepted the bouquet of flowers. She took another look at Song Yuan. "Thanks. But don't you have work today?"

Song Yuan said very fawningly, "What work is more important than Mom ah!"

Chen Linjing curled her lips up in a smile. "Alright, let's go ba."

Song Yuan took the initiative to pull the luggage. Along the way, she asked after her mother's well-being. "Mom, you stayed in H City for too long this time. Did you get used to the food there?"

"I've always liked Cantonese food."

"That's right oh, the weather there is nicer. Mom, you just got off the airplane, is it cold ah? I was afraid you'd be cold, so I brought an extra sweater and kept it in the car."

Song Yuan had always been a clever and sensible daughter. After divorcing from Song Haiping, Chen Linjing had never considered finding another person to marry because she was afraid that her daughter would be wronged.

Who knew how many people whispered in her ears over the years that women didn't need to put in so much effort, but how could she not? She worked hard to give her daughter a good living environment.

The mother and daughter pair arrived at the parking lot. Song Yuan placed the suitcase in the trunk and, of her own initiative, opened the passenger door. "Mom, I have a thermos of black tea in the center console. I got the tea from Uncle's office, so it shouldn't be too bad. It's been cooler recently, so you should drink some to warm yourself up."

Chen Linjing nodded, got in the passenger seat, and fastened the seatbelt. She picked up the thermos from the center console and took a sip. The water temperature was just right and extremely relaxing.

"Mom, I thought you'd be hungry, so I bought some sandwiches and rice balls at a convenience store on my way here. The rice balls have already been heated in the microwave; they should still be warm."

Chen Linjing looked at Song Yuan.

Song Yuan, from childhood until now, was still very afraid of her mom. Song Yuan couldn't help feeling a little bit nervous now that her mother looked at her like this. "Mom, why are you looking at me like that?"

"No reason. Your skin's been dry recently, so I bought you face masks."

Song Yuan heaved a sigh of relief in her heart. "Good!"

It was not peak rush hour yet, so getting from the airport to the entrance of the community only took about forty minutes.

Song Yuan parked the car and checked her phone. She discovered that she had gotten a text a few minutes earlier, and she tapped it open. It was a message from the bank, notifying her that someone had just transferred 100,000 yuan to her.

Song Yuan's eyes widened. She looked over at the passenger seat at Chen Linjing, who was also sitting there looking at her phone. "Mom, why did you transfer money to me?"

"Are you not short on money?" Chen Linjing was also very surprised.

Song Yuan was truly speechless. So her eager attentiveness and care just now was, in her mother's eyes, 'having an ulterior motive' of being short on money?!

Alright, she really did have an ulterior motive, but it wasn't for money ah.

"I, I have my own money la." Song Yuan had still been slightly nervous at first, but after this incident, she calmed down. "But I'll still accept the transfer. Thanks, Mom."

Raising a child was truly very expensive.

Song Yuan felt that her face was very thick-skinned. She had already graduated from university, and she was still so unperturbed when taking her parents' money.

With her current salary of seven or eight thousand yuan, it was very difficult to have high-quality childcare. Not to mention, she had inquired about the nearby kindergartens that were said to be average and not too good, and it cost four thousand yuan a month.

Gugu also liked to read books. Just this month alone, she had spent a lot on buying books for him.

In other words, her mom and dad were her support. Otherwise, with her abilities, she and Gugu would likely have to live on a strict budget.

Chen Linjing got out of the car. "I'll be staying here for a few days."

Song Yuan would have been ecstatic, but thinking about Rong Ting and her dad at home, she didn't dare to answer too straightforwardly.

"Why, not convenient?"

"Not at all, not at all. I wish I could live with Mom every day!"

Chen Linjing put her sunglasses back on. "If you really think so, then come back home with me in two days."

"..."

Before graduating, Song Yuan had stayed in her family's large villa outside of her time living in the dorms during the semester.

After graduating, she moved out, saying that she wanted to be independent. In fact, it was for another reason. She knew that her mom would date from time to time, and she felt that it was inconvenient for her to stay at home.

She was no longer as strongly opposed to her parents' seeking another happiness as she had been as a child.

The her now wished for her father to live well and her mother to live well. It was especially so for her mom. She shouldn't constantly be living for her.

The two people walked into the elevator. Song Yuan was still very timid when facing her mom, but she realized at this moment that she should give her mom a heads-up. Otherwise, if she waited until Chen Linjing saw Rong Ting and her dad, the situation might become chaotic.

"Mom, we don't need to go out to eat later."

"Why? You want to cook?"

"Not me." Song Yuan gritted her teeth. "It's Dad. He's been taking care of me since he came back."

Chen Linjing 'oh'd, not surprised. She was not that sort of selfish mother. She wouldn't divorce her ex-husband, then monopolize her daughter and prevent him from getting close.

The elevator doors opened with a 'ding', and Song Yuan realized that she hadn't said the most, most important thing she needed to say. Why was the elevator so exceptionally fast today! It was usually so slow, but it was too fast today ba!

She hadn't even finished her sentence, and they had arrived.

Song Yuan wanted to say a bit more, but Chen Linjing had a rash temperament. She immediately stepped out of the elevator and headed straight to the house with her head high and chest out.

Song Yuan had told her father that she had no psychological resistance to her relation with Rong Ting, but when she thought about telling her mother... she had a bit of an ostrich mentality. She had thought to do it a few days ago but dragged it out until today. On the way back, she thought that since she was driving, it wouldn't be good to tell her mom about these things, so as not to affect her focus on driving. If they got into an accident it would be a big loss ne. So it was delayed again until they got off the car, then it continued to drag...

To put it bluntly, she was scared.

She was afraid her mom would be angry and afraid she would be disappointed.

When she was young, her grades were always the same, never going up or down. When she was in high school, she had almost had an early romance, which had affected her grades. She had gotten a particularly bad test score that month and fell nearly ten places in ranking. Her teacher had asked her to take her transcript back home and have her parents sign it. She had looked for her father, never daring to seek out her mother.

If her parents had not divorced, then their little family would have been the most stereotypical strict mother and kind father, tiger mom and kitty cat father combination.

Even since she had grown up and gone to college, her mother had become less strict with her than before.

Chen Linjing walked to the door and saw that it was open. This was, after all, the home of her family's daughter; she wasn't polite and immediately opened the door and walked in.

She walked in, originally thinking of changing out of her shoes, but she saw Song Haiping coming out of the kitchen with an apron and smilingly feeding a sparerib to a little boy.

"Is it good?"

"It's acceptable."

"Then you can eat less!"

Just as they finished speaking, the grandfather and grandson pair noticed Chen Linjing standing in the living room, watching them.

Song Haiping's fear of his ex-wife seeped deep into his bone marrow, and he cowered.

Chen Linjing couldn't help but squint at his reaction. She fixed her gaze on Rong Ting for a moment, then said to Song Haiping: "Come out. I have something to discuss with you."

Saying this, she didn't concern herself with how the other person reacted and walked straight out. He bumped into Song Yuan on his way out, and the father and daughter exchanged looks.

Song Haiping somewhat unwillingly took off his apron and followed her out.

Song Haiping whispered: "Your mom said she has something to discuss with me. Did you tell her?"

Song Yuan shook her head. "I didn't. I was scared."

"You good-for-nothing!"

"Song Haiping!" Chen Linjing impatiently demanded from outside.

Song Haiping immediately went out.

Song Yuan wanted to follow him out to take a look, but Chen Linjing had already closed the door. She stood in the hallway, not knowing if she should go out or not. Rong Ting walked over to her side and lamented, "Grandmother was so magnificent that gu forgot to greet her. How discourteous."

The 'magnificent' Chen Linjing in Rong Ting's eyes was currently eyeing Song Haiping coldly.

"What are you thinking ma?" Song Haiping felt his hair rise from her stare. He asked impatiently, "I still have spareribs cooking in the pot ne. If you have something to say, then hurry up and say it."

Chen Linjing still had a good relationship with Song Haiping's sister-in-law. The two of them used to be sister-in-laws, but they got along very harmoniously. After the divorce, they treated each other like best friends. She had heard while she was in H City that Song Haiping had had a son with who-knew-what woman. Recently, it seemed that he had thoughts of bringing the little son to be recognized by his ancestors and had been taking him to all sorts of occasions. She hadn't shied away in the slightest as she looked at the photo that Sister-in-law Song had sent her. Although the photo was a bit blurred, she could tell with just a glance that the little boy being fed spareribs by Song Haiping was the one in the photo and Song Haiping's illegitimate child.

If it weren't for the child's young age, and her conclusion that he was not a child conceived during their marriage, Chen Linjing would have been disgusted enough to throw up last night's dinner.

And now, Song Haiping actually brought that illegitimate child to their daughter.

Chen Linjing thought about when her daughter had been in elementary school and her classmates had made fun of her for not having a father, and she had felt aggrieved to the point of tears. Feeling all sorts of emotions, she lifted her hand with a cold face and slapped Song Haiping.

She had long lost her affections for her ex-husband when she had found out about his affair. It was only that she felt heart-broken for her daughter, and that she feared her daughter would be hurt.

Song Haiping was stunned by the slap. He stared at her blankly. For a moment, he didn't react to what had just happened.

"You're so disgusting. Before, when we divorced, what did you promise Yuanyuan? You said that in this life, you would only have her, this one daughter. What is this now? I don't care about you having a son with another person, but how could you bring that child to Yuanyuan? Song Haiping, you really disgust people. Get out of my sight!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.8K 314 14
It's a normal day at the bodega for KO, Rad, and Enid.. Enid is sitting on her counter looking awesome as usual, Rad is lifting packed boxes with his...
4.5K 159 19
Guess who's back with another fandom in their collection? That's right, me. Enjoy whatever I've managed to force out of my lizard brain I guess :D
3K 253 6
Short story and completed.
1.1M 28.3K 45
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...