The Shadows of the Spectrum (...

By Truck-KunIsekai

Y/n Suzuki, a young man average in grades at school, average in physique and of relative appearance is shot d... More

Chapter 1 - The Young Akane Nishino
Chapter 2 - Promises
Chapter 3 - Reincarnation
Chapter 4 - We are Shadow Garden
Chapter 5 - The Rescue of Clarie
Chapter 6 - Confession... accepted?
Chapter 7 - Facade Relationship (1)
Chapter 7 - Facade Relationship (2)
Chapter 8 - Tonight, everything begins!
Chapter 9 - I am...
Chapter 10 - Chocolate Operation
Chapter 12 - The Attack on the Academy
Chapter 13 - Twisted Heart

Chapter 11 - I'm Still Standing

1.7K 65 41
By Truck-KunIsekai

At Midgar Academy, inside a room, there were several stacks of books and an open flower-shaped artifact with a small red sphere in the center. There was also an open box of chocolate, a hand reaches in and takes a chocolate. That hand was Sherry's, as she touches the candy, her father's words come back into her head.

She blushes and slowly brings the candy to her mouth, as she tastes the sweetness, she closes her eyes and licks her fingers.

Sherry- So sweet...

Elsewhere a young woman was analyzing some papers, Iris Midgar stops her reading and sighs. She's been reading for hours and hours, and just as she was about to finish, more were coming in. Looking down at her desk she comes across a box with a bow on top.

The red haired young woman takes the box and opens it seeing several brown candies....

She takes the bar and breaks it into a small piece and eats it, enjoying every chew, she blushes slightly as she remembers something said by a crimson knight.

Glen- Oh, Iris-sama got a box of chocolate, I'm not very knowledgeable on this subject, but I've heard some students say that if a boy gives you a box of chocolate it's because it was love at first sight.

These words resonate through the head of the princess of Midgar, she had never stopped to think about her love life, unlike Alexia she was not involved in an arranged marriage, but what would her parents say? Y/n L/n is a low class noble-

Iris- *Shaking her head in denial* What are you thinking Iris... He only gave you chocolate to avoid an embarrassing situation... I should get back to going through those papers.

As she returned to her task, for some reason she felt as if her energy had completely recharged.

Timeskip

Another day was ending at Midgar Academy, Y/n was walking holding a paper, its contents referred to an upcoming fencing tournament.

Y/n- *Thoughts* This tournament, Hyoro and Jaga are paying me, enrolling me and Cid in this is a joke.... Though even with Cid saying he has no desire to participate, he went running off to prepare defeat strategies...

As he continues walking he notices someone following him, due to his characteristic presence, the L/n deduces it to be...

Y/n- Nu, is that you?

Nu- Yes, my Lord, it's me.

Looking at her, he sees that the girl was wearing the Academy uniform and her hairstyle was different from the first time he had seen her.

Y/n- I didn't know you studied here too.

Nu- Actually I don't study, I borrowed this outfit, I'll attract less attention in uniform.

Y/n- That makes sense, it looks good on you and I like the hairstyle.

Nu- *Blushing* T-Thank you, Y/n-sama.

After walking a bit more they approach an ice cream cart.

Y/n - Did you get anything useful from those men?

Nu- Well, as expected they were heavily brainwashed, which destroyed their minds.

Y/n- That explains why they kept repeating the same sentence over and over again.

Nu- Yes, it is a shared characteristic of the Cult Vanguard, the Third Sons. Unfortunately, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get any information out of them.

Y/n- *Grabbing two ice creams* I know you did everything you could. *Gives her an ice cream* I hope you like ice cream.

Nu- I l-like it, thank you Y/n-sama.

Y/n- Great.

The girl slowly tries the ice cream and without a doubt she likes it.

Y/n- *Smile* I see you like it.

Nu- Y-Yes, it's quite unique.

The two approach a bench in a square and sit down.

Y/n- Where did they get those clothes and swords from?

Nu- Through black market channels. They take orphans with magical aptitude and children from poor families, and administer drugs along with brainwashing to create the Children of Diablo, they've been doing this for years.

Y/n- Damn, those bastards.

Nu- I suspect the Cult's goal is to force us out of the shadows...

Y/n- Hhmmm, that makes sense, but let's not do that, at least not yet.

Nu- Understood my lord, however I must inform you that we have recently confirmed the presence of a First Named Son in the Royal Capital. He is called Rex, known as The Game of Betrayal.

Y/n- An named?

Nu- Yes, they are those who have retained their sense of identity despite being sons. If they are sending this personal type here, they must have another purpose.

Y/n- Yes, keep up your great work Nu.

Nu- Yes sir.

Y/n- Oh before we split up, are the Seven Shadows staying at Mitsugoshi?

Nu- Yes, there has become our base for the time being.

Y/n- Good, I have something to discuss with Eta, well see you later Nu.

The brown haired girl looks at her master walking away.

Nu- *Thoughts* In all circumstances Y/n-sama and Shadow-sama always lead us to the best solution. No, I'm sure he already has a plan, that's why he wants to talk to Eta.

In awe she stands up, and looks around seeing two students sitting at a restaurant table, it reminds her of her past.

Nu- *Thoughts* Life at school, that would be the life I would be living.... But I'd rather it be that way, than live my life without knowing the truth. Besides... *looks at her ice cream* I can still make good memories.

Timeskip

During the night a boy found himself entering the throne room, he was greeted by Gamma and some maids.

Gamma- Y/n-sama, nice to see you again.

Y/n- Hey Gamma, how are things going?

Gamma- Business is growing and getting stronger.

Y/n- Good, I would like to talk to Eta.

Gamma- Sure, I'll have her woken up right away.

Y/n- No need for that, I can wake her up myself.

Gamma- In that case follow me Y/n-sama.

The dark haired elf leads Y/n to a hallway, passing through a large room, they approach a door.

Gamma- This is where she spends most of her time.

Y/n- Thank you Gamma.

The elf retreats Y/n gives two knocks on the door, after receiving no response he slowly opens it, seeing an elf sleeping on her desk full of scientific equipment.

Slowly approaching, he nudges her lightly, calling her name.

Y/n- Eta, wake up...

The girl just turned her head to the opposite side of the boy and continued to sleep.

Y/n- How cute, wake up Eta...

A slight groan comes out of the elf, she opens her eyes slowly and yawns.

Y/n- Hey Eta, how long, sorry for waking you up.

Blushing slightly the elf looks towards her master.

Eta- Y-Y/n-sama, d-sorry for taking so long to wake up.

The girl says looking down, avoiding eye contact.

Y/n- It's okay, don't worry.

The young girl smiles and so does Y/n.

Eta- What is your visit about Y/n-sama?

Y/n- Eta, I need your help to create a weapon.

Eta- Weapon?! I'll help in any way I can Y/n-sama, what kind of weapon do you want to create?

Y/n-...

Timeskip

The tournament had already started, currently Claire Kagenou has just defeated her opponent with total mastery, everyone applauded her victory. The next round would be Cid Kagenou against Kazuki Barone one of the best knights of the Academy. The audience screamed, some girls asked him to marry them and some boys just supported him.

Kazuki- So you are my opponent.

Cid- That's right. *Thoughts* Kazuki Barone, has high marks in all exams, did not become the student council president because of Rose Oriana. But that's not a problem, I prepared everything! I'll show you my secondary character techniques!

Judge- Start!

Cid rushed forward and shouted at the blond boy. Who was just analyzing his opponent.

Kazuki- *Thoughts* His guard is wide open... I don't like hitting those who are weaker than me, but I have no choice.

With the hilt of his sword, Kazuki hits Cid throwing him far away, the same spat blood; Or at least he thought it happened.

In reality, the Kagenou defended his face and used fake blood, he got up and was "hit" again and again.

Kazuki- Why do you keep getting up?!

The average boy smiles, struggling to get up and speak he says.

Cid- I'm not done yet!!!

Kazuki- In this case...

A blue aura comes out around the blond boy.

Kazuki- I will be forced to finish the fight on the next blow!

Cid and Kazuki ran into each other again, but this time before their swords hit each other, the Kagenou slipped in small puddle of fake blood.

Cid- Eh?!

He ducked a little avoiding the attack of Kazuki who was stunned, then Cid trying to support himself to avoid hitting his face on the ground leaned on the blond and unintentionally pushing him.

Kazuki- *Thoughts* What was that?!

Falling to the ground he loses his sword, crawling quickly he picks it up again, but as he turns to Kagenou, the swords clash disarming the blond.

Cid- *Thoughts* What a scare, that slip was not in the plans...

Judge- Winner Cid Kagenou!

Hearing those words the boy realizes the scenario he is in, Kazuki surrendered on the ground, the crowd was silent in amazement.

Cid- EEEHHH?! *Thoughts* When did I get into this situation?!

Kazuki- Cid... Cid Kagenou, you hide a gift...

Cid looks at the man kneeling before him.

Kazuki- Many underestimate you, they say you are average but I know the gift you hide, please accept me as a friend!

Cid- *Thoughts* Wait! WHAT?!

After the end of this round it was time for our protagonist to fight, his opponent in question was the student council president....

Y/n- *Thoughts* Rose Oriana, princess of the Oriana Kingdom, land of art and culture. Even though she is from the realm of art and culture, she is the best swordsman in the Academy.

The girl gets into combat stance, the audience screams in anticipation, Y/n smiles slightly.

Y/n- I must thank you for this good fortune, it will be an interesting fight...

Due to the screams she cannot understand what was said. The judge already declares the beginning of the fight, both advance against each other, Rose swings her sword towards Y/n, when hitting him, he flies and falls far away.

Rose- *Thought* What a strange feeling...

The girl thinks putting her hand on her neck, in the meantime, L/n gets up and prepares for another attack. This time he tries a top-down attack, the girl defends herself and then kicks the boy's chest, making him fall away again.

Y/n- *Thoughts* This is perfect, I just have to keep attacking like an idiot, she will punish my low guard.

Again the boy gets up and runs towards her and again he is thrown, this time spitting out a large amount of blood.

Judge- Winner Rose-

Y/n- No! I'll continue...

And so a cycle began, every time the boy advanced against the princess of Oriana, he was hit and thrown away spitting blood.

Rose- *Thoughts* Why? Why is he so determined?

Y/n- I can still go on!

Judge- A-Are you sure?

Rose- *Thoughts* There's a flame in his eyes.... You refuse to let the fight end. *Speaks* I apologize...

Y/n- Huh?

Rose- I underestimated you, *A golden glow rises under her* Now I see that even without much sword skill, you are determined, so I will end this fight at once!

Y/n- *Thoughts* She really is apologizing...

A smile appears on his face...

Y/n- Good, Rose-sama, let's give this fight everything we've got!

Again they raise their swords and run towards their opponent, Y/n had a silly smile on his face, while Rose didn't understand why her opponent had such a... captivating smile. Unconsciously she smiled too.

Their swords clash, only this time the boy doesn't fly, surprising the princess. She prepared to launch another attack, but...

Judge- That's enough!

The judge throws himself on top of Y/n, making him dodge Rose's attack.

Judge- Winner: Rose Oriana!

Y/n- Wait! I can still continue-

Judge- No, you've lost too much blood! Bring the stretcher!

The crowd begins to shout in celebration of the student council president's victory. Men approach with a stretcher and begin taking Y/n to the infirmary.

Rose- *Thoughts* I may have won the fight, but.... I lost in the battle of our spirits... *Looking at the retreating men* Hmmm, Y/n L/n... I will remember you... You have my respect.

The boy didn't stop screaming as he was being taken away, he wanted to continue the fight.In the infirmary the boy was fully bandaged, as he left the infirmary a white haired girl stops him.

???- Y/n-sama!

Y/n- *Thoughts* Wait, that voice.

Turning around he sees Beta wearing the Academy uniform...

Beta- *Hugging his master* Even though I knew you were holding back, I don't like to see people hitting you...

Y/n- B-Beta, what are you doing here?

Beta- I came to tell you that Eta has finished making your weapon.

She undoes the hug and looks at her master, with a serious face.

Beta- Second Eta, the weapon seems quite functional, she is waiting for you to go test it.

Y/n- Perfect, thanks for the update Beta.

The boy again strokes his subordinate's head. The boy realizes what he has done and moves his hand away.

Y/n- I'm sorry, I forgot that you're not a child anymore, you shouldn't like these things-

Beta takes the boy's hand and puts it on her head.

Beta- N-No Y/n-sama, I-I like it when you do cartwheels on my head... *thoughts* I should say... But not now.

Y/n- O-Ok then I'll remember that.

Beta- I should leave now, I don't want to disturb your disguise here at the Academy.

Y/n- Sure Beta, see you soon.

The elf disappears into the shadows, Y/n also walks away from the place, he walked for a few seconds until he heard someone.

???- Excuse me...

Looking back he sees a girl with pink hair, her hands near her chest holding a bag.

Sherry- Er... Um... You're not hurt too bad, are you?

Y/n- You're Sherry Barnett...

Now the two were in a cafe near the Academy, the girl is the first to speak.

Sherry- Hum, I watched your match.

Y/n- Really? Thanks, what did you think?

Sherry- I don't usually watch sword fighting or things like that. But the way you kept getting up.... It was just amazing.

The girl smiles as she says that, a definitely cute smile.

Y/n- *Blushes slightly* Y-You think so? T-Thank you. *Thoughts* This girl is different from the others... She's interesting...

The girl stands up abruptly and reaches out with a bag.

Sherry- I-It's for you!

Y/n- Huh? What's this?

Sherry- I baked some cookies. As a thank you, for the chocolate!

Y/n- Eh?! S-Seriously?! Thank you.

The boy picks up the bag, looking in awe at the girl's unexpected act, already the girl was blushing as she continues speaking.

Sherry- S-So if it's alright with you, I'd like to start off as just friends.

Y/n- *Thoughts* Friends? Wait! Did she take that chocolate as a confession?! What should I do...

Looking at the girl as she stood with her eyes closed waiting for the boy's answer.

Y/n- *Thoughts* I can't do that to her.... *Speaks* It's okay, we'll be friends.

Sherry smiles and is very happy, she looks back through the glass of the wall, her father was inside the cafe with a newspaper.

Sherry- Dad! I did it, I really did it! Dad! We are friends now!

Y/n- *Thoughts* Wait! That's Lutheran Barnett, Assistant Director of the Academy of Science.

The girl's father sits down with the two, the older one makes the request, soon he arrives and the conversation continues.

Sherry- Are you sure you're not in pain?

Y/n- Yes, I'm fine, I'll get these bandages off soon.

Lutheran- It's good you get better, you hear?

Y/n- Yes, I will.

Lutheran- This girl is so committed to her research, in fact she is working on a research of an artifact for the Order of Knights. That's probably why she doesn't have many friends.

Sherry- Dad!

The young woman catches her father's eye embarrassed by the comments, Y/n laughs as she sees the interaction of the two.

Lutheran- She seems carefree, but she's been through a lot. So please take care of her.

Y/n- Yes sir, leave it to me.

The boy takes the cup of coffee and drinks it, Sherry smiles at him and he returns her smile.

Timeskip

Inside her research room, Sherry held a chocolate, while looking at it sighing.

Sherry- What's gotten into me? Y/n needs to heal from those injuries... I could visit him... Just to see if he's okay, it wouldn't be weird, would it? I mean we're friends...

A small memory flashes in her head, Y/n in the library with Princess Alexia, the two of them were so close...

We were now in Alexia's room, who was drinking black coffee. Everything was quiet, until knocks on the door were heard, when answering Alexia sees a small girl with pink hair. The two sit down and drink coffee while talking.

Alexia- I guess I can imagine, why you came to see me Sherry. Is it about your research on the artifact?

Sherry- Not really...

Alexia- So it's about the student council election calendar?

Sherry- Well, not really either...

Alexia- *blushing with embarrassment* Oh! I see, so what brings you here?

Barnett places the cup on the table, and crosses her fingers, wiggling them, showing shyness.

Sherry- There is something I want to ask you Miss Alexia.... I heard that you were... Well I would like to know if you are romantically involved with someone.

Alexia- What?!

Sherry- I mean, I heard you were in a relationship with Y/n L/n! I-I wonder if you guys are still dating...

She said this last sentence slowly lowering her voice, the princess of Midgar smiles as she answers.

Alexia- We broke up. We weren't even really dating to begin with. We were just pretending-

Sherry- Really?!

The girl's reaction startles Alexia.

Sherry- That's a relief! I actually made friends with Y/n recently.

Alexia- *shudder* S-Seriously?

Sherry- Yes! So I was curious about you two. It was getting in the way of me focusing on my research. But I feel better now! It's so nice to know you're not a couple!

Alexia- *shudder* How n-nice, it's so nice to h-help.

The pink haired girl stands up and thanks Alexia, then leaves.

Alexia-...

Well, we can only say that some cups and plates were broken. Then the white-haired girl opens a drawer and takes out a picture of her with Y/n.

Alexia- Don't think I'll give up that easy... Even with competition...

Timeskip

After a few days Y/n was sitting next to Cid in his classroom. Strangely for him, when he returned everyone treated him better and well Cid gained a new friend. Kazuki, sat behind Cid.

Hyoro- Something strange is happening.

Jaga- Yes, they are going to explain how the student council works.

Kazuki- That's right!

The four of them look at the blond man with green eyes.

Kazuki- The elections are near, this time I will win from Rose Oriana!

Hyoro- *whispering to Cid* Since when are you friends?

Cid- *whispering* We are not friends.

Y/n- Does that mean you're upper class Kazuki?

Kazuki- Well yes, my family is known for the fine blacksmiths and fencers that bear their name, I intend to leave my mark on my family.

At this moment two girls enter the room, one of them was Rose Oriana.

Rose- Excuse me, I would like to thank you for your time today. We are here to explain the election to fill the Student Council vacancy.

Girl- Allow me to give you a partial outline of the upcoming election. Our former secretary finalized her engagement and left us...

The princess of Oriana turned her attention away from the words to a boy, sitting at the back of the room. Y/n, noticing the look, smiled and waved to the girl.

Suddenly it's as if the atmosphere changed, Y/n and Cid realized, the magic was blocked.

Y/n- *Thoughts* Huh? Why doesn't my power work... *looking around* Didn't anyone else notice that?

The boy noticed several footsteps coming towards the room, suddenly the door was kicked down by several masked and hooded men.

Hooded- Don't move... We are Shadow Garden...

He swings his sword near where the students' swords were kept, breaking them.

Hooded- We are taking over this Academy, leave your hands where I can see them.

Rose- *Drawing sword* You don't seem to be understanding what kind of place you've invaded. Taking over a Dark Knight Academy? That's not something any sane person would do.

Hooded- Drop your weapon.

Rose- I refuse.

Hoodie- Then you'll be the perfect example.

Y/n- *Thoughts* She didn't realize the magic block?!

A red energy comes out of the hooded man, Rose gets into battle stance and releases her magic, but the energy disappears.

Rose- *looking at her hands* My magic?!

The hooded man laughed and advances against the woman, breaking her sword, the girl backs away slightly. The man prepares to slash Rose.

Y/n- SSSTTTTTOOOOOPPP!!!

The boy pushed Oriana's princess away, taking her from the hooded man's attack, but in the process he gets hit, leaving all the students speechless.

Cid- *Thoughts* When did he get there so fast?!

The L/n falls his blood splatters on the ground, Rose with her legs shaking she walks slightly backwards, with a sad face.

Rose- I-It can't be... Y/n L/n...

She kneels placing her hands on the young man's face, her voice weak.

Rose- You idiot! Why did you do that?!

With difficulty the boy's eyes meet the girl's face.

Y/n- Y-You can't die yet, a-after all we haven't finished our fight...

Life leaves the boy's eyes, tears came out of the girl's eyes, some fell on the face of the recently deceased.

Rose- Of course, now I understand. Y/n, you... You protected me. Y-You loved me enough to give your life for me.

A sword is placed between the two.

Hooded- To the auditorium now. If not you will end up like him.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

End of this chapter, I hope you enjoyed it. Thank you very much for voting and commenting, it motivates me more.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

182K 4.9K 42
" She is my wife, stay away from her!" " Keep trying she will remain mine. " " Show me your scars, I want to see how many times you needed...
220K 4.6K 47
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
665K 33.6K 61
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...
81.3K 3.6K 20
Grosvenor Square, 1813 Dearest reader, the time has come to place our bets for the upcoming social season. Consider the household of the Baron Feathe...