Different World [1]

By KillerFrost298

We've been chasing our demons down an empty road Been watching our castle turning into dust Escaping our shad... More

DIFFERENT WORLD
Profile
Emma's Playlist
Graphics
ACT ONE
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
ACT TWO
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve

Chapter Thirteen

59 1 0
By KillerFrost298

The Alor Protector

Family is found...whether it be blood or circumstance or choice, what binds us does not matter. All that matters is that we are bound

-Taylor Jenkins Reid

Emma and Jordan sat in the backseat of Sienna's car. Emma's head rested on Jordan's shoulder as their hands were intertwined. The moment was peaceful compared to the last few days they've been through. Jordan looked down at Emma as she hummed along to the radio. She wasn't angry or sad like she was at the school, she seemed happy and calm as her thumb caressed the back of his palm.

Emma wanted to stay like this. No impending doom, no resurrected family members. Just her and Jordan. "We're here" Sienna spoke up as they pulled up to the Farm. Emma took a deep breath as she unbuckled her seatbelt. Conner was waiting on the porch, talking with Sam as she exited.

Sam, for the first time since meeting the girl, gave her a smile. A sympathetic smile at that. Everyone sat in the dining room, Emma the only one standing as she refused to sit by her brother. "What is this Eradicator?" Sam asked, alien technology confusing him. "Depends" Emma answered, shrugging her shoulders.

Everyone but Conner looked at her weirdly. "On what?" Sam asked, hoping Emma would elaborate. "Well...one version of the eradicator is when Clark dies, it's actually like an intergalactic nanny. Takes Clark from Superman's public grave and brings him to the Fortress so he can be...revived? Anyways... the eradicator basically eradicates any threat to Clark while during the process" Emma explains the reign of the supermen storyline.

Clark looked at Emma in disbelief, "I'm sorry...I die?" he asks Emma. Emma's face turns red, "Yeah...it's super shitty on Lois' end but it doesn't matter" Emma brushed off, seeing Conner smirk at her. "Yeah... Emma doesn't like that storyline. Cried, wrote a song and continued on" Conner commented only for Emma to glare at him. "The other is the one we have now, the device. It was made by Lara to help keep Krypton alive, like the sunstone crystals. She never intended it to be a weapon" Emma moved on forward, ignoring her brother's comment.

Lois nodded, "Did they say anything about it to you?" she asked Emma. Emma bit her lip, "No, nothing like that..." she trailed off. Clark could see she was holding back, "But?". Emma fiddled with her fingers... "When Mal showed up...Tal he seemed almost concerned about me? It was kinda unnerving" Emma explained, crossing her arms. Everyone was shocked, Morgan Edge cared about her. "What do you mean?" Sienna questioned her.

Emma began walking around the table, "He had this look...it wasn't like before... during town meetings or when I was in his office. It was genuine and Mal didn't like it...she did something" Emma tried to explain properly but it was coming and going every time she got the words out. "It's okay Emma, you lost a lot of blood" Jordan tried to reassure her.

Emma gave him a thankful smile. "I know its just...I don't think he's that bad. There's something else going on I can feel it" Emma explained, knowing Lois would have an answer within seconds. "Of course you can" Conner spoke up, confusing everyone at the table. Emma glares at him, "No one asked you" She spoke in a monotone. Conner rolled his eyes at her. "It's because you both are essentially the same person" Conner stated, ignoring Emma.

Emma only scoffed, "What are ya on about?" She questioned him. Conner shook his head, "You and Tal are the same...I know you don't remember it now but trust me...you two are one in the same" Conner told her. Emma visibly gagged at him, "Yep, definitely not revolting". But Sam seemed to go into national security mode.

"You're working with Morgan Edge?" He asked Conner, standing up. Conner nodded, "Yeah but I'm on your side... right Emmsie" He looked at Emma hoping for her support. Emma looked away from him, a frown on her face. Conner looked at her baffled as Emma refused to look in his direction.

"Emma, come back me up here" He breathed out. "I...I can't" Emma spoke, breaking the tension like a hammer.

He looked at her and it hit him like a ton of bricks. He had truly hurt her like their mother had doner her entire life. He had broken her. Conner had actually broken his sister. Sam then stood in front of Conner's line of sight of Emma. "Look son, we can do this the easy way or the hard way" He spoke confidently before walking closer to the man. "Don't make this harder for her" He whispered, seeing how uncomfortable Emma was.

Conner dropped his head before nodding at Sam and turning away from everyone. That was when people noticed that Emma had gone from the room without a sound. Jordan stood up to follow her.

Jordan knew where she would be, the same place he found her that night. Emma sat on the back porch swing, knees to the chest as she stared off at nothing in particular. Jordan sat next to her, leaving a little space, just in case. Emma stayed silent as she scooted over slightly, resting her head on Jordan's shoulder.

"I'm here...I'm right here" Jordan told her gently, wrapping his arm around her. "Thank you" Emma whispered, her hand resting softly on his chest.

<><><>

Emma and Sienna had stayed at the Kent Farm that night. It was too dangerous for them to be alone with Mal out and about, fear that she might take Emma again. The poor girl had been mostly mute since Sam took Conner away. She couldn't handle it, hearing his voice drop as he pleaded with her to help him. She just couldn't.

Finding out that he caused the death of her family, the one that truly loved her. It was taking every single part of her not to crumble into pieces. She slowly walked downstairs, listening to Clark and the boys talk and joke. A small smile graced her lips, 'at least they were okay' she thought to herself.

She hesitated as she reached the last step. She could still hear the boys and she could hear Lois and Sienna talking about Lana, who seemed to be calling to the house soon. Emma walked out to the porch, the cold hitting her as she leaned agasint the railings. Emma rested her head in her palms. How the hell did she get wrapped up in all this?

One day she's with her sister then the next she's finding lost relatives, that she's half alien, her mother is even worse than she imagined. And to top it all off, her dead brother was alive the whole time.

"What are you thinking about?"

Emma let out a sigh, "Everything". She turned her head to Jordan as he walked up next to her. She gave him a half-assed smile for a moment while his hand slithered into hers and squeezed it tightly. "Everything...is complicated. Maybe focus on one thing at a time" He suggested, kissing her head softly. "Okay then. Conner. He was here this whole time and not once did he see me. After I came here, punching that jackass in Metropolis" Emma began to list her first problem, making Jordan laugh at her comment. "The Black Mercy...he just stayed away. How can someone do that?" She asked, not expecting an answer as Jordan stood next to her.

"I honestly don't know Em" He answered her, seeing the tears beginning to burst from her eyes. "I don't expect you to. My whole life I've tried to help him, selling drugs to put him in rehab, helping him into the Irish army...it's just never enough for him" Emma sobbed out, not caring about the soldiers in front of her going about their day.

"I will never be enough to stop him from this..." Emma cried out, her hand letting go of Jordan's. "I'm not enough...not then, not now and definitely not in whatever future there'll be" Emma choked before Jordan had pulled her close to him. He rubbed circles on her back as she cried into his chest.

Jordan took Emma's head in his hands, his thumbs wiping her tears. "Hey, you are enough" He told her softly. His touch made Emma's spine tingle as he held her close with such tenderness. "You are so much more than enough, Conner has no idea what you would've done for him" His eyes never left hers, her tears pooling over his thumbs that laid on her cheeks. "Don't you ever think ,you're enough for someone who can't see all you've done for them. You are enough because..." His thumb began to stroke her cheek softly as the gap between them became smaller.

"You're enough for me"

Emma blushed hard at his words as butterflies erupted in her stomach. She couldn't find any words to tell him how she felt. Emma kissed Jordan softly, their lips moving slowly. When they parted Emma gave Jordan the first genuine smile he'd seen from her in the last two days. "You're enough for me too" Emma whispered as her hands wrapped around Jordan's waist.

Jordan smiled back, resting his head on top of Emma's as he held her close. "I'm always gonna be here for you, always" Jordan stated, holding Emma tight. Emma smiled as she rested her head on his chest. "I know".

<><><>

Sienna crossed her arms as she stood with Clark. "I don't like this" She smacked her lips as a picture of Dr. Dabney Donovan. They had figured out that he might have the Eradicator and helped Tal use the people of Smallville to resurrect Krypton. "Edge? Or your sister" Clark asked her. Sienna shook her head, "Emma".

Clark furrowed his eyebrows at her. "What do you mean?" He asked her, leaning onto Lois' desk. "I was twenty two when Krypton died, I became Kara's protector at twelve. In the eyes of our society I was an adult" Sienna explained to Clark, dropping her arms. "You don't want her to become the boys' protector?" Clark guessed by Sienna's words. The older woman smiled at Clark's innocent guess.

She began to walk back and forth, "Being the eldest is hard enough for any family on Krypton...but the female dominant Protector Families, being the eldest daughter comes with certain sacrifices" Sienna sighed, watching from the small window as Emma and Jordan talked. She felt a tug in her heart as she watched Emma smile with Jordan holding her close. "There's many reasons I never tried to save them when they were children...yes one was Mal's threat and I couldn't risk her killing them but also" She walked away from the window and turned back to Clark.

"If...there is more than one El...a elder Protector can make the decision for another daughter to be born...As the eldest I was forced to make a sacrifice for the honour of the Houses and El and Alor...I can never bear a child, only Mal could further our lineage" Sienna admitted to Clark.

Clark was taken back, looking at Sienna shocked. "Emma can't make that choice! She's a child" He exclaimed. "You don't think I know that? It's not just deciding it, if she goes through the ritual it will sense if Sophie is alive and make the choice for her" Sienna added, seeing the anger in Clark's eyes. "Maybe my father can find a solution" He suggested, hoping to save Emma from the fate that awaited her. Sienna only shook her head, "No, the only El's that would know are Allura Zor-El and Lara Lor-Van" Sienna informed him.

Sienna walked up to Clark, "I don't want this either y'know, Emma deserves a choice but we both know she's too young for this" Clark seemed to cool down as Sienna spoke. "How can we stop this and Edge?" Clark asked her. Sienna only frowned, "I have no idea". That's when Lois came in.

"That was my Dad, no word from Kyle" She announced, seeing the tension immediately. Clark motioned to stop her from asking, "Later, babe". Lois nodded, "But he also talked to Emma's brother but he'll only tell her". Sienna threw her hands in the air. "She won't talk to him, she's too hurt" The woman concluded. "Maybe, Emma will. We need to give her this choice" Clark stepped in. He hated to even think it but they knew Emma better than Sienna and he thinks she knows that too. Sienna only nodded at his interjection. "Let's hope she will"

<><><>

Emma felt nervous as she walked with Superman, Lois and the twins into the D.O.D makeshift base. Her body was tense as soldiers eyed her every move. She began to pick on the skin around her nails when she felt someone stop her, by taking her hand. Jordan gave a small smile and squeezed her hand gently. "You'll be fine" He whispered to her as they approached the tent that held Conner.

Emma took a giant breath, her hand shaking in fear. "I promise we will be out here the entire time" Lois smiled at her, brushing away the hair that fell in front of Emma's face. She smiled at the motherly gesture. "I know" She nodded. Emma kissed Jordan's cheek before walking into the tent.

Conner sat at the edge of a glass box, humming as two soldiers stood guard inside. "Can we get a little privacy?" Emma asked them timidly, gaining Conner's attention. The soldiers nodded and left the tent.

"You came" Conner smiled gratefully, standing up just as quick. Emma huffed at him, "You called" her voice was dull. Conner could see that she didn't want to be here. "I'm sorry, for everything Emmsie, I didn't know how much this would affect you" Conner apologised but Emma didn't seem to be listening.

"Your shaking and the sweats pouring through ya" Emma stated, crossing her arms. "Lemme guess, withdrawals?" She stated, her face formed in disgust. Conner looked away in shame. "Is that why? Mam supplies you with heroin and you do as she says?" Emma asked him, her voice sharp as she held back her sobs. Conner bit his tongue, looking down at his feet.

"Eight years since she put you on that shit and you can't even stay clean for a year" Emma spat at him, anger coursing through her veins. "Thought I hid it well, but 'course you're too bright for your age and found me..."

"Overdosing in a shitty alley" Emma cut him off, tears brimming as she clenched her fists. Conner looked guilty now, his finger finding the scar that caused that overdose Emma was mentioning. "Em, when I...when I left you I was protecting you" Conner tried to shift the conversation, but Emma wasn't having any of it.

"I was nine! and...I saw this dying junkie who looked like my brother. Who taught me to play piano, who called me his every day Lois Lane" Emma began, walking around the glass cell as she spoke. "I didn't know which version of you was real...and I waited for you to explain yourself or to apologise!" Emma turned to face Conner, stopping in her tracks. "Or to tell me you would stop!" She choked out, a single tear falling from her eye.

Conner bit back his tongue, trying to find the right words, "In my experience, family cause pain. Whether by their presence or their absence, there's a certain type of ruin that only a family member can... can leave behind" Conner frowned looking up at Emma, seeing the little girl he remembered.

"And you... you were such a sweet little girl. With a temper that rivalled Lois Lane. I've been here for almost two years and I missed our argument debates for Superman or whatever you were into" He snickered, seeing the small spark in Emma's eyes. "Perhaps I was always meant to leave you broken" He figured, only for Emma to step back.

"You-you really think I'm broken?" She asked him, biting her bottom lip hard enough to draw blood and forcefully swallowing the flesh. Conner looked at her now realising what he had said and whishing he could take it all back. "Maybe you're right" Emma shrugged tearfully, walking back to the side of the tent she came in.

Her face had morphed into anger, "Maybe that little girl you miss so much would be better off if she'd never loved you at all" Emma spat at him. Conner turned away from her, tears falling as Emma's words hit him harder than he expected. "W-Where's the doctor?" Emma asked him.

"There's a building in between Smallville and New Carthage, under my birth name. You'll find the Eradicator there with the doctor" He finally told her what she came here for. Emma only gave him a curt nod before turning away to leave. She quickly wiped her tears before walking out.

Sam had arrived during her time with Conner, ready for an answer. "Well?" He asked impatiently as Emma barely took a step outside the tent. Lois rolled her eyes at her father, nudging him. "Dad" She scowled at him. "There's a building nearby, name on the lease is Vor Clarks" Emma told Sam who was quick to run it through D.O.D systems.

Lois, however, looked at Emma curiously. "Vor?" She questioned her. Emma nodded, "Conner's legal name". Lois seemed content with the answer before Superman walked with Sam to find the building. "You guys stay in town, I'll call you when we have it" Lois told them, giving Emma a quick squeeze on her shoulder before she left to follow her husband and father.

Jordan took Emma's hand with a quick smile. "Wanna get a burger?" He asked, knowing she hasn't eaten since yesterday morning. Emma only nodded and stepped closer to Jordan as they walked out of the D.O.D area, her head on his shoulder.

<><><>

Emma sat across from Jordan as the waitress brought out their food. "Thanks" Jordan smiled at her before she left them alone. Emma only stared at her very plain burger, ignoring how much she wanted to eat. "Ok, what did he say to stop you from eating?" Jordan asked Emma. Usually by now half the burger would be gone after Emma not eating for almost a day.

"I looked up to him as a kid" Emma sighed, looking out the window to see the tent her brother was being held in. "He was the closest thing I had to a father after mine died. Until one day we were in the Peace Park and I realised that Conner wasn't there. So I looked for him and found him not even a minute away. He was overdosing in an alleyway when he was supposed to be with me and his foster family" Emma explained to Jordan, only turning to face him when she finished.

Jordan moved from across to next to Emma quickly, sliding his arm around her shoulders. "He thinks I'm broken...and I think that maybe he's right" Emma bit back a sob, tasting the blood on her swelling lip. "Mosaics are broken" Jordan spoke up. Emma looked at him with red eyes. "I think they're beautiful...along with you" He finished with a dark blush on both their faces.

Emma let out a small laugh, her smile making Jordan's heart flutter. "You really seem to be on a roll today" Emma mused, leaning into Jordan's side. "I love your smile and I love when you eat" Jordan pointed to the untouched food.Emma snickered at him before lifting the burger and biting into it. "Happy?" Emma asked, food still in her mouth. Jordan laughed at the dollop of ketchup on Emma's cheek, swiping it away with his thumb.

"Happy" Jordan answered.

<><><>

Emma walked to the start of the base alone. She had convinced Jordan and Jon to help Sarah understand all this. Jordan seemed against it knowing that Sarah was someone Emma felt...insecure about. She still doesn't know how she convinced both of them she'd be fine.

Sienna waited for Emma with a concerned face. The young girl noticed the glowing on Sienna's cheeks, one dot under each eye along the cheekbone in a lilac purple. "What's wrong?" Emma asked, already seeing the woman open her mouth. Sienna closed her mouth with an anticipated look.

"Okay little one, you're gonna be exposed as Kryptonian" Sienna lid out bluntly. Emma furrowed her eyebrows, "This has something to do with the..." Emma makes a circle to her own face. Sienna nodded, "Yeah, it seems the Eradicator is connected to us through X-K, which from testing and old knowledge from my mother, is the mineral that created the Protector Families" Sienna explained as she brought Emma into the base.

Emma nodded along, "Which explains why it gives people powers...Maybe that's why people in Smallville are the perfect targets...It's in our blood so its symbiotic with our bloodline but also the constant exposure to the people in the town" Emma realised as they walked in the room with what Emma could only describe as a huge MRI machine.

Sienna was surprised, "Where the hell did you learn that?". Emma shrugged at Sienna, still looking at the machine. "Venom movie" She answered, walking towards it. Her eyes glowed, along with the cheek marks, the back of her hands and the crescent moon on her forehead.

"Woah" Emma breathed out, seeing the Eradicator sitting on a table. It begins to dimly glow the same neon blue. Emma reached out for it, her hands tingly as the glowing got brighter with each step. Before she could touch it, Sienna put her hand in front of Emma, knocking her out of the trance. "Easy there, you can't touch it just yet" Sienna warned her as the glowing in the Eradicator stopped.

Emma looked dazed as she leaned against a table. "What was that?" Emma asked her. Sienna stood next to her, "That is the final step to becoming a protector...but it comes with its costs" Sienna looked at her young niece with a disheartened look. "Sienna what haven't you told me?" Emma asked her, anxiety creeping it's way into Emma's mind.

"If I'm correct on how Lara connected our bloodline to the Eradicator...it means you'll end up like me" Sienna sighed, placing a hand on Emma's shoulders. Emma was clearly confused, "When you begin the final step, the ceremony will search for other Alor daughters...if it senses Sophie is alive somehow you may lose the ability to conceive" Sienna told her solemnly. "I'll never have kids?" Emma asked her to confirm. Sienna nodded, afraid of looking at the girl.

"That's why you didn't save us? Why the death threats meant so much to you. Sophie and I are the only ones" Emma figured out, tears falling from her eyes. "Gods I need to stop crying" Emma shook her head. Sienna could only smile at the bravery from her niece. "You have a choice Emma. I'm not gonna force you into becoming a Protector if that's what you want" Sienna told her, not wanting her to make a decision based on anyone else but herself.

Emma stayed quiet, "What if we asked Lara? I doubt Kryptonians knew about the multiverse" Emma suggested, not truly answering Sienna's plea. The woman only nodded as Superman walked in with Sam. Superman seemed to read the room quickly, "She told you" he had the same look as Sienna.

"Yeah and I'm still going through with it" Emma answered him. Even if Sophie was alive or detected by the Eradicator, Emma knew this was their only chance to stop Tal and her mother. Sienna only shook her head at Superman as he tried to reason with her. "Don't, she is more stubborn than Lois" Sienna smirked at Emma who nodded in agreement.

Speaking of the Devil, Lois entered the base with Lana, who was taken back by Superman in person. Emma snickered slightly at Lana's shocked face. Sienna only rolled her eyes.

"Emma?" Lana questioned, surprised at the young girl's presence. "Hi Mrs.Cushing, sorry about Kyle" Emma greeted her softly with a wave. Lana was shocked at Emma's apology, "Sweetie, it's not your fault". Emma however believed it was, if she didn't storm into Morgan Edge's office she might have been able to warn them. "How come you both are here?" Lana followed up, finding the presence of the teacher and her niece's odd for the circumstances.

Sienna seemed to fumble slightly, looking to Lois for support. "My mother attacked us last night too...She's been changed like Kyle only it seems to have happened years ago from what Superman can tell us" Emma smiled softly as she lied through her teeth without a single inch of hesitation. Behind her, Lois could see her husband look shocked.

He had heard her heartbeat which hardly changed as she lied, scaring the shit out of him. It took him a few moments to even find a slight jump which was so small he might have missed it. She's only fifteen and is lying better than a pathological liar and he couldn't pick up on it unless he truly concentrated.

Lana pulled the girl into a small hug, "Are you okay?". Emma only nodded at Lana, pulling away. "She's always been...difficult. I never actually noticed the change" Emma explained to her. Sienna nodded along in agreement to what Emma was saying, adding how she was estranged from her sister. Emma turned around, walking ahead of the adult women. She saw Superman's side look and she only brushed him off.

She has been lying to foster parents, social workers, gardaí and doctors for most of her life. It was simple to lie to people who didn't truly care about her, but when it came to people she loved? Emma would stumble like a ball down a mountain. Jordan even pointed out Emma's tell and she has been working on it. Hopefully she can fool people enough to satisfy there questions about her.

<><><>

Emma stayed away from the Eradicator, waiting for Lana's transition to Lara to complete. She played with her rings, especially the one with Conner's name. Her mind wandered to the sacrifice Sienna made.

It seemed harsh to deny someone the right to have a child. Even if it's a messed up tradition, it's cruel. Emma thought of Sophie, her sweet Sophie. She missed seven years of her life because of Mal. She wasn't there for her first days at school, her birthdays, her period, her first boyfriend or girlfriend. Emma missed all of it, only photos giving her a glimpse into the life Sophie had on John Henry's earth.

"Hey"

Emma turns to see Superman, his face softening as he notices the silent tears on her face. "You okay?" He asked her, stepping forward. Emma wiped her tears. "I will be.. Is Lana..?" Emma changed the topic. Superman saw right through her, but he felt like she needed a distraction. "Yeah, come on" He smiled, hoping to offer some comfort.

Emma felt her markings glow as she drew closer to the Eradicator, her stomach turning in knots as soldiers stared at the girl next to Superman. She entered the tent that held the device, seeing Lois and Sienna watch Lara in Lana's body. "By the gods..." Lara stared at Emma in awe, her hands over her mouth.

"You look like her...like Naeza"

Lara walked over to Emma, cupping her face softly. The scars on Emma's face made the woman sigh. "Mal did this?" Lara asked, not believing that the little girl she knew could harm her own child. "Most of 'em" Emma admitted, feeling slightly uncomfortable by Lara's touch. The woman sensed this and stepped away, her hands returning to her sides. "It is lovely to meet you Emma" Lara smiled at her, hoping to comfort her just like her son had done only moments ago.

"Lovely to meet you too, Lara" Emma smiled back. The Eradicator began to flash blue, catching everyone's attention. Emma was quick to cover her eyes from the flashing lights. "What's happening?" Sienna asked her, watching Lara close it. "It's summoning Emma...she must complete the process" Lara explained, looking at the girl who over ed her eyes. "Why are you doing that?" She asked her. Emma slowly uncovered her eyes, "Photosensitive".

"Okay, how does Emma complete the process?" Superman asked his mother. "Simple, the same as her trial, only her older brother will relinquish his role as the eldest sibling and then Emma will choose" Lara spoke softly, looking at Sienna as the woman nodded. "Choose? Choose what?" Emma asked, not remembering Sienna talking about choosing. "I'll explain to you in private little one, this is something you can't be influenced upon" Sienna answered her.

"So we need Conner... What about the sacrifice? My sister...she's in a different universe and we don't know if she's.." Emma huffed, crossing her arms. Lara only nodded solemnly, "I'm afraid so, as for the sacrifice the process only searches in this universe...as advanced as Krypton was we never figured out how to travel to different universes" Lara answered,

Everyone else seemed to let out a movement of relief at the answer. Emma seemed more determined, walking up to Lara. "Let's do this" She nodded, looking the woman in the eyes. Lara nodded too, her mind drifting to Naeza when she first agreed to merge the Eradicator with Alor customs. "I'll begin preparing the Eradicator"

<><><>

Conner walked into the tent with two D.O.D soldiers with guns to his back. He was cuffed in kryptonite handcuffs even though they were useless against him. He smirked as he saw Jon and Jordan stand behind his sister, glaring at him. "Some things just don't change, huh sis" He winked at Emma, only she rolled her eyes at him. "Don't" She warned him with a glare of her own.

Lara watched the tension between them, her eyebrows furrowing. "What happened?" She asked then both. Emma crossed her arms, "He abandoned me for drugs and got my family killed" She answered her, Emma's voice blunt. Lara seemed shocked at this, she had never learned of Alor siblings betraying the other so easily.

"I said I'm sorry" Conner exasperated. "You also said I'm broken" Emma snapped back at him harshly. Everyone went silent at Emma's retort, seeing the siblings harden their faces. "None of us like you and now shut up and help us" Emma growled at him. Conner only nodded, "Derek Hale quote" He muttered only to get another glare from Emma, making his raise his hands in surrender.

Emma turned to Lara, her face calm and relaxed slightly. "How do we start?" She asked her. Lara only nodded, "First I'll need a drop of both of your blood to activate the ritual". Emma and Conner held out their hands, allowing the woman to prick their fingers. She guided them to the Eradicator, allowing their blood to fall on it. The inside glowed blue and a light green. Emma's markings returned as Conner's eyes glowed the light green. "Now, your ancestors will guide you, can he take off the cuffs?" Lara asked only for Conner to snap them in half.

He held them out for Emma to hold, Emma took them feeling his grip. The moment their hands joined, the glowing got brighter as the ghost of music began to fill the silence. Emma and Conner stared at each other without blinking. " Two lovers wander down to the shore " Emam begins to sing, her voice soft. " Hand in hand the evening before " She continued, her eyes boring into Conner's. " The day that their hands will be... "

" Joined " They both sang, their eyes glowing in sync.

" She enters and swims with the foam...He bids her come out and come home " Emma continues on her own as her veins glow blue. " The deeper and colder she goes " Conner's veins glowed as well as he began to sync with Emma.

" The silt of our wedding bed...The pebbles where you lay your head...Love come in, the water is fine " That's when their hands began to glow. Conner's light green mixing with Emma's neon blue slowly.

"When shе is pulled beneath thе rush...He waits and waves his face aflush...Til' the pale imitation drifts up" Conner spoke alone, his body tensed up as the power he had was beginning to drain from him.

" The silt of our wedding bed...The pebbles where you lay your head...Love come in...The minnows our witnesses...The cause of our sickness is...Love come in, the water is fine " Their voices were stronger, their eyes not leaving one another.

Sienna and Lara shared a look. "She has to choose" Lara spoke as Conner seemed to look more determined. "Choose?" Jordan asked, confused to what his grandmother meant. "Emma must choose where her heart lies. The House of El..." Lara stated. "Or the House of Alor" Sienna finished, she had a feeling that Conner knew this as well and the consequence of the choice they both knew Emma would pick.

" Blood runs thicker than water...Blood runs thicker than water...Blood runs thicker than water...But both feel the same when your eyes are closed " Emma seemed to grasp Conner's plan, her body overwhelmed with the power she was getting. " I am the river's daughter...I am the river's daughter...I am the river's daughter...And you'll be her son when we're both reposed " Emma's voice overpowered Conner's, her face hardening as she gripped his hands tighter.

" Blood runs thicker than water...Blood runs thicker than water...Blood runs thicker than water...But both feel the same when your eyes are closed " That's when Emma and Conner both closed their eyes, the Eradicator getting brighter than before as their voices became louder and stronger, " I am the river's daughter ...I am the river's daughter ...I am the river's daughter " Emma's eyes opened suddenly, the glowing brighter than before, "And you'll be her son when we're both reposed" Her voice seemed more strained as Conner looked at her.

Her choice

" Blood runs thicker than water...Blood runs thicker than water...Blood runs thicker than water " For the first time, Emma's gaze strayed from her brother. " But both feel the same when your eyes are closed " She sang with a smile as she looked at the Kent's. She whipped her sight back on Conner, her gaze sharp as she squeezed on his hands and taking his power by force. " I am the river's daughter ...I am the river's daughter ...I am the river's daughter ...Blood runs thicker than water...Blood runs thicker than water...Blood runs thicker than water " Emma watched as Conner faltered, buckling to his knees as they finished the ritual.

" And you'll be her son " She sang as Conner's voice faltered " When we're both reposed " Conner managed to let out. " The water is fine " Emma finished letting Conner go.

The siblings both gasped, Conner falling to the floor and Emma stumbling into a table. Sienna rushed over to Emma, holding her by her shoulders. "Emma...what are you feeling?" She asked her, examining her face. Emma only nodded, grasping onto Sienna's shoulders. "I'm fine auntie" She gasped, catching her breath.

Conner began laughing in pain, his hand on his chest. "For now...but every memory our mother took from you will come flooding back and it will be agony" Conner sputters out, blood decorating his lips. "Get him out of here" Sam ordered from the entrance. Emma watched as Conner was dragged away, mumbling to himself.

Emma looked down at the back of her hand. The House of El crest no longer glowed but looked like a tattoo. Sienna smiled softly, using her thumb to rub the back of her own had, showing the same only for the House of Alor. "I knew you'd choose it" She smiled at her, brushing her hair out of her face.

Lara smiled greatly, "Now the blood collected by Tal and Mal will be incompatible unless from the source". Emma looked at the women weirdly, "I'm sorry what?". "Well, before you finished the ritual you're blood needed to be collected and transfused into the subjekt. Now they will need to transfer your blood into the Eradicator right from you" Lara explained.

Emma let out a long groan, "Great...just great".

<><><>

Jordan and Jon stood at the diner counter, on one side was Sarah, still reeling from the visit with her father and on the other was Emma, curled into a booth as her hood was up. "What are we gonna do?" Jordan sighed, seeing his girlfriend and best friend both upset. "We?" Jon asked with an eyebrow raised at his twin. "Look at them. They're upset" Jordan mentioned.

"I think she wants to talk to you" Jon motioned to Sarah and not his brother's girlfriend. "Yeah, and why's she upset? Because you had to tell her what's going on" Jordan reminded his brother. "Hey, look, I'm not gonna apologise for telling the truth, okay? Ever. And I wish things weren't the way they are, and what happened to her dad, it really sucks" Jon admitted to his brother.

"Right? But I think...you talk to Sarah and I talk to Emma" Jon suggested to Jordan as their orders came through. Jordan peered over his twin's shoulders, looking for Emma's opinion. The girl only smile at him, a small nod before she looked back out the window. "Go, I'll handle Emma" Jon encouraged him, taking his and Emma's drink in hand and walking over to her.

Emma looked at Jon, her eyebrow raised. "Thanks, but I'm fine Jon" Emma told him, overhearing their whole conversation. Jon shrugged, "No you're not and as your best friend, I'm here to cheer you up". Emma shook her head with a small smile. "Ego much?" She asked, sipping on her milkshake. Jon waved her off.

"Well, I am your best friend, that comes with its own flair. Like the fact you're totally fine with Jordan talking to Sarah and not you?" Jon asked her. Emma kissed her teeth, "Jordan's her best friend, I won't let my insecurities get in the way of that. I may be a bad person but I'm not evil" Emma stated, sitting back and sipping her drink.

"You're not a bad person Emma, you just did what you needed to survive" Jon scolded her, hating when she said that about herself. "I'm not Kathrine Pierce" Emma rolled her eyes at him. "Who's that?" Jon asked her. Emma's eyes lit up, "Only the badass vampire in The Vampire Diaries, and the only reason I even watched the show...and Klaus". Jon began to laugh at her, seeing her fangirling rise surface.

"Go on Fangirl, explain it to me" Jon sat back as well. Just as Emma was about to explain, a loud noise took everyone off guard. Jon ran to the window where his brother was, hoping to see what was happening. But Emma saw flashes of what was to come, her head splitting from the memories coming back to her. She ran out of the diner and straight for the D.O.D area, almost crashing into Sienna.

"It's Tal, he's woken the Kryptonians" Emma told her just as Superman flew past her head. "Don't worry, Kal's got this" Sienna reassured her. But Emma knew different. "Help everyone get ot safety, go!" Sienna encouraged her.

So Emma ran, screaming at people to get inside and wait out the attack. But she felt her spine tingle as the sun set. Her head hurt as her eyes glowed. Memories came back, like a ton of bricks. Even if it was only one or two, the pain was unimaginable.

She tried to run back to the base, but her bones screamed at her to stop. Her sight blurring as she stumbled her way back.

"Boys, boys! Please come now!" Lois screamed for her sons. But the twins were stuck, "Where's Emma?" Jordan asked, worried about her. "I have her!".

Conner held Emma in his arms as she could barely keep her eyes open. He was quick to hand her to Jordan. "Go, now! Get her to safety" Conner told the twins, allowing them to run to the safe zone. Emma looked for Conner, her body still weak. Jordan and Jon helped her stand. "Conner" Emma gasped as the twins held her up right. Conner didn't seem worried as a hand attached to his neck. He only smiled at her as tears welled in his eyes.

Mal held her son by his throat, her gaze vicious towards her daughter. "You think you can two outsmart me!" Mal gritted her teeth at Emma, her grip on Conner tightening. Conner, however, kept his eyes on Emma. "At least I know you're safe...I love you Emmsie" Conner smiled as his eyes closed. He accepted his fate. His comfort was knowing his sister was loved by the family she deserved.

"No" Emma looked at her brother, not ready to relive one of the worst moments in her life. Mal's eyes low green, the earth beneath her and her eldest son began to crack. A yellow glow surrounded Conner, his veins changing as his strength was leaving his body. "May this serve as my final warning, daughter!" Mal declared before a construct of X-Kryptonite rose from the stabbing Conner in the back and comes through his chest.

Emma screamed.

She screamed so loud the twins had to let her go to cover their ears. Mal stumbled back slightly, looking at her daughter with a sheer look of shock. She flies away the moment Emma's voice leaves the ringing of everyone's ears.

As the people controlled by Tal-Rho fall from the sky, Emma stands up shakily. Her scars glow blue as her eyes and markings. Behind her, Sienna and Lois run to the twins, faces filled with concern and alarmed. "What happened?" Sienna questioned them. Jon gently nodded his head towards Emma, seeing his twin watching her ready to act if anything was about to happen.

Emma stopped at Conner's lifeless body. She looked down at him, almost like a machine she kneeled down next to him. Emma placed his arms over his torso, hands on top of each other. She took of his matching rings, placing them in between the palms of his hands, She then turned her head to his. His lifeless light brown eyes staring back at her neon blue ones. She gently closed his eyes, his skin felt tight like plastic as the colour turned to an ashen shade.

As Emma's markings began to dim, Conner's lit up for a moment before they turned black. Like tattoos on his skin.

Emma then closed her eyes before kissing his forehead, her warm lips feeling the heat drain from his body. "El Mayarah... goodbye Conner" Emma whispered before standing back up and turning to everyone. She walked towards them, seemingly unaware of the painful emotions she had releases only moments prior.

Jordan was the first to step towards Emma, his heart in his throat. Emma looked up at him, and for a spilt second, Jordan swore he saw Emma's heart break. For the spilt second Jordan could see every wall that Emma had left standing crumble. Emma collapsed into Jordan's hold, her arms wrapped tightly around his neck as her head buried into the crook of his neck. Jordan's arms held Emma close, his face gently pressed against her hair.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.9K 665 52
Y/n always felt...different, she was stronger, faster, healthier than most people, but she just brushed it off like it was nothing, until one day the...
7.9K 550 21
"When did you get to become so wise?" "Same way as anyone else," Lois replied sadly as she hugged Lena back, giving her a comforting squeeze to let h...
83.2K 2.2K 25
πŸŒ™ I AM LIFE ITSELF πŸŒ™ πŸŒ™ MAGIC ISN'T JUST SOME TOY πŸŒ™ πŸŒ™ YOU MAY THINK YOU KNOW ME BUT NO πŸŒ™ πŸŒ™ IT FEELS GOOD TO BE POWERFULπŸŒ™ πŸŒ™ EA...
5.3K 195 40
What if Superman had a younger brother and therefore, not an only child? *** After going through a devastating pandemic that swept across the globe a...