Partners in Crime [Bbangsaz]

By Amariaaw

Hanni, a warm-hearted sniper with deadly accurate aim. Her path crosses with Minji and soon both their lives... More

For The Reader!
Third Verse
You Stole My Kill
She's With Me
Bodyguard Marsh
We Had A Deal
It's Never Going To Work
Miss Park's Request
Change Of Plans
A Mistake
Her Name
Lies And Broken Promises
Bad Weather
Parted Ways
Storm On The Rise
Broken Trust
The First Rays Of The Sun
Mess Of Events
Cat In Disguise

I'm Not Interested In Her

980 67 19
By Amariaaw

Hanni opened the door to her apartment. She lived on the second floor of an apartment block, almost right in the middle of the city. She never bothered to buy a real house because her job was very unpredictable. One day she could be right in the centre of Seoul and the next day she'd pack her bags and spend a week or two on the other side of the country. That's just how her life worked.

Her apartment was small but it contained all the necessary equipment: top level security, secret storages and an emergency exit. No one, not even her neighbours knew about it. And now she had brought someone her company wanted right into the bear's den.

Minji eyes scanned the lobby as they stepped in. Her eyes widened in surprise. All around was laying shoes, clothes and other stuff.

"Woah this is not what I expected," she laughed while holding on to Hanni. "You're even messier than me!"

Hanni rolled her eyes. Of course it was messy here. Her packing was in the middle of progress! They took their shoes off and Minji raised the bag she had been carrying for Hanni.

"Where do I put this?"

"Just leave it on the counter next to the front door," Hanni pointed at the small wooden counter that already had some stuff on it. She then, as carefully as possible, started walking— or jumping, to the living room on the right. She was avoiding putting any weight on her sore knee.

Hanni fell on the couch. Suddenly she felt exhausted. The pain was all over her face and she could see how the blood had spread on her clothes. She let out a small sigh. She just wanted to sleep.

Not long after, Minji walked into the room, holding a what looked like pile of towels. "Take this," she extended her hand as she reached the couch. Hanni sat up. "What's that?"

"It has ice inside it. I took it from your freezer, I hope you don't mind. If you press it on your eye and cheek, it should alleviate bruising," she smiled apologetically.

Hanni couldn't help but stare at the woman. They barely even knew each other and were most likely rivals. Why was she so kind to her?

When Hanni didn't say anything, Minji sat down next to her. "Or I can do it for you." She then leaned closer and gently pressed the towel packet on Hanni's swollen face. The sudden movement and coldness made Hanni flinch. Her heart started pounding out of nervousness. It was all just too weird.

"Hold this, I'll get you something for that wound," Minji suddenly stood up.

Feeling a bit uncomfortable, Hanni took the towel packet from the woman. "How can you be at ease? You must know my company is trying to look into you since you interrupted my mission yesterday."

Minji turned around and locked eyes with the Vietnamese girl. "You could have told them I'm here now but you didn't."

"That's because I didn't have my phone."

"So are you going to?"

Hanni hesitated.

"I can assure you, I am no threat to your company," Minji smiled and turned on her heels, heading to the lobby.

"Who do you work for?" Hanni didn't know whether she was trying to dig information for her company or to feed her curiosity. This woman was a mystery.

Minji let out a laugh, she then looked back at the couch. "Pretty personal question considering I don't even know your name. Are you going to tell me or not?"

Hanni remained silent.

"Alright," Minji shrugged her shoulders and walked into the lobby.

Hanni felt a bit bad. The woman was being kind to her, but still, her name was not something she needed to-

"Pham Hanni." Minji's voice could be heard.

Hanni froze on her seat. What? She stood up and rushed to the other room, as fast as she was able to. Her heart stopped. Minji was standing at the counter, examining a pair of papers in her hands.

Hanni dashed at the woman and snatched the plane tickets out of her hand. "What the hell! Did you dig my bag?!" She snapped angrily.

Minji turned to her. She didn't seem to be bothered by the tone at all. "No, they just happened to be laying on the counter." She smiled smugly. "And you're going to Spain Pham?"

Hanni's blood was boiling. This cheekiness! "It's none of your business!!" She growled between her teeth.

"Oh really? Cus I'd like to know more about it. Is it another mission?" The woman's tone was challenging. Hanni clenched her jaw. Was she here to spy?

"Get out," Hanni grabbed the rest of the things on the counter and stuffed them in the bag. She didn't want the woman to find out anything else. To her surprise, Minji didn't push it. She only raised one of her brows and looked at Hanni weirdly. "Are you sure you're going to be okay on your own?"

"Yes, you've done enough. Please leave," Hanni said, a bit calmer this time, averting Minji's eyes.

"Alright. But make sure to treat that wound properly."

Hanni half pushed half walked Minji out of the door.

Minji turned at the door, "Am I going to see you again, Pham?" She flashed a very charming smile, which Hanni found annoying.

"No. Goodbye." She replied coldly, before slamming the door in front of her. "Ughh!" Hanni let out a frustrated sigh before turning around and taking the bag Minji had been carrying for her. The sandwiches she had bought fell to the ground. Hanni wanted to cry. She hadn't even eaten!

***

Someone knocked on the door. No response. Then it happened again, but a lot louder this time. Hanni turned on her bed, it's too early for this. Soon the knocking turned into banging, Hanni covered her ears, trying to ignore it the best she could. Did this person even know what time it is? The clock on the nightstand showed six in the morning.

Finally, the knocking ended.

Hanni heard how keys were turned in the lock and her door opened. Then a loud scream filled the apartment.

"What the heck is this mess!?"

Hanni sighed. Just a few more minutes... Not long after, a tall figure was standing at the door of her room, looking at her furiously.

"Unnie!! Oh my gosh wake up! You gotta be kidding me right now."

Slowly and very unwillingly, Hanni opened her eyes to look at the person standing in her room. A tall woman was staring at her with big, brown eyes. The brunette had a long, wavy hair and her tight clothing truly complimented her model-like figure. She was beautiful— and dangerous, the 'gem' of KSA, Lee Hyein. Even though she was young, her skills were like no other. She never missed, or so they said. She had quickly claimed a high position in the company. She also just happened to be Hanni's childhood friend.

"Hyein..." Hanni mumbled, still sleepy. "How did you get in?"

"You're so scattered! You gave me the apartment keys, remember?" Hyein showed the keys in her hand and then tossed them on the bed as she walked closer.

"I promised to drive you to the airport but luckily I decided to drop by earlier! I don't know what you're trying to do but you haven't even packed and your flight is boarding in three hours!"

Hanni sat up on her bed, three hours!?

It was no surprise she had overslept. Last night after Minji had left, Hanni had treated her wound. It had taken much longer than she had thought. Walking around the house had been painful and she had barely had the energy to eat after that. Then she had quickly showered and accidentally fell asleep on the bed...

Hanni almost jumped up from her bed, trying to rush to the bathroom next door when suddenly Hyein pulled her arm.

"Oh my gosh! Wha-what happened to your face?" Hyein was staring at Hanni's swollen face, her round eyes wide open.

"Ah that..." Hanni hesitated. Should she come up with a lie? "A couple of men harassed me last evening, but um I'm fine now," she smiled quickly. For some reason, she didn't want Hyein to ask more about it.

"What?! Do you want me to hunt down those assholes?? One word and they'll get their names on the target list," the younger one's eyes flamed in rage.

Hanni chuckled. Hyein was always so protective. "It's okay, really. I don't even remember what they look like," she then let go of Hyein and walked to the bathroom, as carefully as possible, trying not to attract her attention to the knee.

But of course, Hyein didn't miss that. She followed Hanni to the bathroom door and watched as the Vietnamese started to wash her face. "Are you sure you're able to carry on with the mission?" Hyein asked, her voice full of concern. "And with that knee... How were you able to get home?"

"I'll be fine," Hanni replied and quickly ignored the second question, "Are you hungry? I am, but I think my fridge is empty," she grinned before grabbing her towel from the table.

Hyein only looked at her doubtfully, until she turned around. "For your luck," she rolled her eyes, "I brought breakfast. Get ready, then we'll eat and pack the rest of your things." She then walked out of the room.

"Gosh what would this woman do without me?" She mumbled to herself.

Hanni looked at the mirror. To her surprise, the bruises on her face weren't as bad as she had expected. Had the ice thing actually worked?

Hanni's thoughts wandered back to last night's events. Why didn't I just tell Hyein what happened yesterday?

Hanni knew Hyein was very dedicated to her work and took it seriously. And so did Hanni. Their job was very dangerous and trust was one of the most important keys in it. Hyein had actually been the one to introduce Hanni to the company. She had personally vouched for Hanni's abilities and reliability to the CEO herself. So if anyone, Hyein should know.

Yet still, Hanni didn't say a word.

She finished her morning routine and cleaned the wound on her knee. To her luck, it wasn't that deep after all. It would heal just in time for the mission's finale. Hanni took out her make-up bag and strated covering the bruises on her swollen face. She let out a small sigh. This one wouldn't heal so fast.

"Unnie?" A voice came from the kitchen. "I think I'm burning the toast! Hurry up!" Hyein screamed, waking Hanni up from her thoughts.

Hanni shook her head and held back her laugh. So typical Hyein... She then grabbed her shirt and rushed out of the bathroom.

"Hold on, I'm coming!"

***

Minji narrowed her eyes a little, keeping them on the target. Then she pressed the trigger. It missed. She aimed again, this time slower, making sure her arm wasn't shaking. She missed again.

Damn it!

"Wow someone's clearly distracted," a voice came from behind.

Minji unloaded her sniper and turned around. A woman with brown, shoulder length hair was walking closer, having an amused look on her face.

Minji put down her gun and raised her safety glasses on her forehead. A big smile covered her face, she had been waiting for her friend.

"Lisa!" She approached the woman and hugged her thightly. "Gosh I've been missing you!"

"Me too Min, it's been busy at work, you know that. You look good. Though can't say the same about your aim..." Lisa smirked and glanced at the target circle further away. Not a single shot had hit the middle.

Minji scratched the back of her head and sighed. "Yeah... Haven't been my best day. Just been thinking about a lot of stuff."

"Is it that woman again?" Lisa rolled her eyes.

"Pham Hanni."

"What?"

"Her name is Pham Hanni," Minji repeated. She then turned around and picked up her equipment from the ground. "Could you look into her?"

Lisa stared at Minji in disbelief. "Minji..." She sighed, "I'm an arms dealer, not some secret agent." She crossed her arms.

With the equipment in her hands, Minji started walking towards a forest path that lead to her house. Lisa walked next to her, still having the same, almost disappointed expression. Minji knew Lisa wouldn't like the idea, but she really needed this information.

"You have connections and you could potentially find new customers," Minji raised her hopeful gaze on the brunette next to her, "Please? For me?"

Lisa shook her head. "Fine I'll do it."

"Thank you!! I knew I could count on you!" Minji beamed.

"Why are you so interested in her anyway?" Lisa asked casually, but soon turned her look at Minji and smirked playfully. Minji's eyes widened and she slapped her friend, annoyed. "I'm not interested in her!" She scoffed, "I just don't want her to meddle in my business anymore."

"Riight," Lisa rolled her eyes. "Yet you sure pay a lot of attention to a woman you may never see again."

"Shut up! Her company may be a danger for you too! You can never be too careful."

"I suppose so..." Lisa ran fingers through her wavy hair, "so she works for a company huh?"

Minji was sure of it. The woman had mentioned something about her company, besides she didn't seem like the type to work on her own. "Yes, most likely some secret agency."

"Alright," Lisa smiled slyly, "I'll leave a trap and see if I can get something."

"Thank you, you're the best," Minji nudge her friend. They had walked to the end of the forest path, right to Minji's backyard. A large grass field opened in front of them, and on top of a small hill was laying a gorgeous, light blue building. Minji and Lisa walked to a smaller wooden building that was right next to the forest path. It contained some of Minji's weapons.

Lisa watched as Minji put down her equipment and started looking for the key.

"So, how's Snow Owl?" She smirked. Minji turned her head to look at her friend. She was very lucky to be friends with one of the most influential arms dealers. Minji grinned.

"Works like a dream."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2K 554 14
In the vibrant landscape of their life, two contrasting souls find their paths intertwined amidst a whirlwind of emotions. Danielle, overflowing with...
13.6K 1.1K 20
[Note: Inferno will return!] ❝I've loved you until death. But in the end I didn't die.❞ Hanni's world shatters when her husband is killed seven hours...
341K 16.6K 47
Bitterness. Cold. Hotheaded. Are all things that Kim Minji, the young CEO, is familiar with. She's rich and successful, and very smart in managing th...
87.7K 4.4K 39
Two best friends in a room, they might kiss!? But actually they won't. They have been best friends since birth. The one a hopeless romantic and the o...