Mr And Mrs Huo

By MalbertaAndrew

Every other person can be offended but not Huo Wei. He is the King Yama no one dares anger and the poisonous... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Announcement
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Announcement
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Announcement

Chapter 46

2K 67 3
By MalbertaAndrew

Early on a Saturday morning.

The alarm clock sitting on the bedside table rang, alerting its owners to wake. Huo Wei's eyes opened slowly in confusion before a hint of clarity seeped into them. He lowered his head to look at the soft, warm body buried in his embrace.

The person refused to wake up, but the alarm clock was more persistent. Yu Yuan groaned and burrowed further into Huo Wei's arms. A hint of indulgence appeared in his eyes. Forget it. He would let her sleep a little longer. He stretched his arm to hit the off button on the alarm clock.

Silence finally.

Huo Wei's hand stroked her hair leisurely as he watched her sleep. Sleeping Yu Yuan looked cute and loveable, unlike the calm and composed air she usually carried while awake. She reminded him of a little kitten. Her lips pursed at the slightest disturbance. One couldn't help but want to spoil her. Unfortunately, he couldn't let her indulge in the heaven called sleep today.

Twenty minutes after the alarm, Yu Yuan felt someone softly calling her name. It wasn't an alarm, but the deep husky voice compelled her. Her lashes fluttered, and her eyes blearily opened.

A thumb stroked her brows, her cheeks, and, finally, her lips. Then a kiss followed the trajectory of the thumb. By the time the kiss reached her lips, she was fully awake.

Then kiss was nothing hurried. It carried the warmth and peace of the morning. Soft sunlight drifted through the window, falling in the two entwined on the bed. The birds sang, and the winds moved in sync, creating a romantic atmosphere that matched the one in the room.

A soft whimper carried through the room.

Huo Wei let go of her. Her eyelids trembled slightly, and moisture filled her eyes. For a rare moment, she looked like a doll that could be bullied at will.

Huo Wei felt it was a pity. Although he would love to bully her, they had somewhere to be this morning.

"Awake?"

There was no response. Her glistening eyes continued to look at him. Huo Wei chuckled. "Good morning."

Seeing he had no intention of continuing, she pouted slightly. "Good morning."

Huo Wei stroked her hair. "Did you forget our appointment? We have to leave early."

Yu Yuan grudgingly hummed in response. She slowly rose from the bed. In her movements, her robe slid off her shoulders, revealing her satiny skin as well as the ambiguous marks left from yesterday's battle.

Huo Wei swallowed slightly. Yu Yuan leisurely pulled her robe up as if oblivious, blocking the view. Her feet softly hit the ground as she headed into the bathroom. Her husband's eyes hungrily followed till her figure disappeared behind the bathroom door.

Once she disappeared, his eyes moved to stare pointedly at the slightly raised blanket covering his legs. Then he sighed and rearranged the covers.

Today they were visiting the hospital for Huo Wei's check-up. Yu Yuan didn't have to be there, but as the initiator, she decided to come with him. Since it would be a full body check-up, which usually took a lot of time, they had to leave as early as possible.

As early as 9 am, they arrived at the best hospital in City A. It was one of the hospitals with the best medical equipment in the country, and the Huo family funded it.

The hospital had already been informed that Huo Wei was coming, so by the time they arrived, a doctor and a few nurses were waiting for them. The doctor, Dr. Wen, led them to where the tests would be held, explaining, "Everything has been arranged. As long as you go in, there are people waiting to help you take your tests. That way, there will be no delays."

Huo Wei nodded. "Is Dr. Yu in the hospital today?"

Dr. Yu, the doctor responsible for treating Huo Wei's insomnia, also worked here but spent most of his time traveling as a renowned doctor.

Dr. Wen paused a little. "Unfortunately, Dr. Yu isn't in the hospital today. He had a seminar to attend." After saying this, he took them to the first test room.

For the next couple of hours, they spent it moving from room to room. Whenever Huo Wei had to take a test, Yu Yuan would sit on one of the many waiting chairs in the hospital. The previous nurses had gone back to their workstations. Hence, it was just Dr. Wen that remained with them.

Once Huo Wei came out from another test room, Yu Yuan asked, "How many tests are left?"

Dr. Wen replied, "Just the x-ray test. The x-ray room is just round the corner."

Yu Yuan nodded, "Alright. Go on. I'll wait for you here."

Huo Wei stretched his hand to tuck a strand of hair behind her ears, "Tired?"

"A little."

"Wait for me. I'll be back soon."

"Hmm."

Yu Yuan watched the two leave before finding a more open place to sit.

In truth, the reason she stayed behind wasn't because she was tired. Instead, it was because she had felt someone watching her. It began after Huo Wei completed the first two tests.

The person was very cautious and only appeared when she was alone. They seemed afraid of Huo Wei.

The person was rather persistent, and their stare carried some ill intent. She wanted to know who this person was.

Yu Yuan sat down patiently, waiting for the person to reappear. Not long after, the staring resumed. Yu Yuan waited for a short period before suddenly turning to the direction the stare came from.

This time she caught the person.

It was a woman.

Not expecting Yu Yuan's sudden move, the woman froze. Then she quickly ducked and escaped. But it wasn't before Yu Yuan got a good look at her.

The woman looked like she was in her 30s. However, she might have been older than she looked. Her clothing consisted of brand-name items which meant she was wealthy.

Her sense of dressing and looks aimed at creating a magnanimous and dignified aura. But for some reason, there was a sense of disharmony, the clothes made her look like an imitator.

Yu Yuan felt a little puzzled. What did she want? She fled rather quickly.

While Yu Yuan pondered her identity, the person in question was also investigating hers. The person was Yin Chuo, the wife of Huo Qi.

Today she came to the hospital to visit a popular plastic surgeon. Recently, there had been wrinkles forming on her face. Although her husband didn't say anything about it, his eyes were not as affectionate as before.

Yin Chuo cursed her husband for the umpteenth time. She knew him very well. He was promiscuous in nature. She knew a lot of tricks, but if her looks weren't up to standard, he would cheat on her.

Recently, she found that he had been meeting more frequently with his 'like-minded' friends. Those friends liked to hold gatherings which were, in fact, meetings between rich old men and young, ambitious celebrities who were searching for backers.

She couldn't outright stop him, so she could only try to keep him. If it weren't for the fact that she depended on him, she wouldn't have to go through all this.

She just finished her early appointment with the plastic surgeon and was leaving when she almost ran into Huo Wei. Luckily she was quick enough to hide before she fell into his line of sight.

What was Huo Wei doing here? Was he sick? How great it would be if he had a terminal illness just like his mother. Yin Chuo's eyes shone with greed and malice. After, she couldn't hold her curiosity and followed them.

But she was bound to be disappointed. When Huo Wei entered the fourth test room, she knew he was just here for a medical check-up. Her curiosity now turned to the woman beside him.

Who was she? It didn't seem like Qin Huifen. Had Qin Huifen been replaced?

Her female intuition told her this person wasn't an ordinary employee. Unfortunately, she couldn't be too obvious about observing them or too close, especially when Huo Wei was there. She could only observe when he was gone.

She thought Huo Wei was the only sensitive one, but the lady suddenly turned to look at her. Yin Chuo was startled. Before her brain could think, she quickly scrambled to hide.

That woman wasn't a simple person.

Now that she had been discovered, she couldn't continue following them, but she was still curious about that woman.

Yin Chuo thought about it for a minute and picked up her phone to call someone. Afterward, she left the hospital and entered the coffee shop across it.

Not long after, a nurse joined her. This nurse was someone she had successfully bribed to become one of her eyes in the hospital. Most of the nurses looked down on her and wouldn't accept her gifts, but this one was greedy and easy to control.

Once the nurse sat down, they quickly got down to business. Yin Chuo asked about Huo Wei's relationship with the woman beside him.

The nurse said, "I managed to eavesdrop on the conversation of the nurses that welcomed them. I didn't hear much but according to that nurse. It seems like the two are married."

"That's impossible!" Yin Chuo exclaimed. Huo Wei? Married?

The nurse shook her head. "I don't know either, but a nurse said their interactions didn't seem like a boss and subordinate. Most importantly, they both wore wedding rings on their ring finger, which looked like a pair."

Yin Chuo was shocked. "You really heard that?"

The nurse nodded. Then she looked around before saying, "I have to go. I snuck out to see you, and my colleagues are probably looking for me now."

Yin Chuo responded absent-mindedly, and the nurse quickly took her leave.

She still had trouble processing this piece of information.

Huo Wei was married?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

481 58 19
Disabled, ruthless and profiteer boss   Huo Lan's family is getting married, and Lan Su is ordered to marry Huo Yan.   Huo Yan comes from a prominent...
9.4K 429 50
One date. That's what they were told. One date evolves into something. Something neither of them wanted. A grave misunderstanding occurs pushing a ma...
9.6K 99 23
Synopsis Qin Yu had lost both her parents when she was young and was all alone. Since then, she lived with her father's comrade-in-arms. Due to the h...
41.3K 1K 54
It all started with her dying and some random ass system coming up to her. --- Counterattacking the female lead Yu Meng: Easy, done, everything is s...