PJO Victory Is Within (Annabe...

By Foxspiritdragon

"I always win, I think" It's been a rough time for young Y/n living alone, he's been on the run from disgust... More

Book 1:The Lightening Thief
On The Run
I Get Drenched in Water
He's bowed to but I'm called abnormal
I joined his quest to prove myself
Struck by Lightning, and Old Ladies Really Want Us?
The sky's the limit!
Ares is scared of a Tunnel of Love? Weird
Next Stop Lotus Hotel and Casino
We take rides and slide down to our death
Hades Tells Us The Truth Sort Of
An Awkward Tea Party With A Sad Tale
TRAITOR
Book 2: Sea of Monsters
Too Much For One Day
Tyson's(NOT SO)Welcomed home
Not The Pigeons Please
Percy Accepts Gifts From A STRANGER
We Board The Princess Andromeda
Worst Family Reunion

Beating Ares. Saying Goodbye. And meeting my mom?

892 43 36
By Foxspiritdragon

WE PASSED OVER 3K READS IN UNDER A MONTH! BUT WE ALMOST AT 4K ALREADY HOLY COW! ANOTHER BIG THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU. I really hope you guys had a Nightcore phase like I did, because this Ch is going to reference the song the started my weird phase back in middle school xD. 

If delayed for more than 2 days it was because of the hurricane that hit California. Which ultimately popped my power. 

Anyone else see the trailer for PJO TLT? I can't wait for December! 

So I won't admit it to my friends, but I was glad I got my memories back. Why? Well I remembered how to swim again. 

We had broken through the surface in the middle of the Santa Monica Bay. I popped out the opposite side of the buoy. I did hear someone not familiar shout, I think we scared a surfer.

I heard Percy shout "Beat it" 

Something swam by me hitting my leg. I looked down and nearly freaked out seeing a great white about eleven feet long. I'm glad I'm friends with Percy who had the thunderbolt?

Somehow, I knew what time it was: early morning, June 21, the day of the summer solstice.

In the distance Los Angeles was on fire, plumes of smoke rising from neighborhoods all over the city. There had been an earthquake, all right, and it was Hades's fault. He was probably sending an army of the dead after us right now.

But at the moment, the Underworld or Hades wasn't our biggest problem.

We had to get to shore. We had to get Percy and Zeus's thunderbolt to Olympus end this stupid quest(even if it meant they will forget me) Most of all, we had to have serious chat with the god who'd tricked us. 

A Coast Guard boat picked us up, but they were too busy to keep us for long, or to wonder how four kids in street clothes had gotten out into the middle of the bay. I was kind of glad that there was a disaster to mop up. Their radios were jammed with distress calls.

They dropped us off at the Santa Monica Pier with towels around our shoulders and water bottles that said I'M A JUNIOR COAST GUARD! and speed to save more people. (I really like this life, I've been getting a lot cool free stuff)

Our clothes were sopping wet, even Percy. When the Coast Guard boat had appeared, Percy had willed the water to let him get wet or else that might've raised a couple of eyebrows. He also gave his shoes to Grover. Better the Coast Guard wonder why one of us was barefoot than wonder why one of us had hooves. 

After reaching dry land, we stumbled down the beach, watching the city burn against a beautiful sunrise. I felt as if I'd just come back from the dead—which I had. I felt heavy from the water in my wings I didn't get enough time to shrink them completely. I spread them open at full length fluttering them to remove any excess water. After a second or two I pull every one close to me with my wings starting to generate heat from them. Much to Annabeth's dismay of mortals seeing us.

I really doubt the mortals will notice with all the chaos going on. That and she held my wing closer to her to "examine" them. I could see the awe in her face when feeling them up(It sent chills throughout my spine) anyways.

Portable heater title acquired 

"I don't believe it," Annabeth said. "We went all that way—"

"It was a trick," Percy said "A strategy worthy of Athena."

"Hey," she warned I put a hand her shoulder

"You get it, don't you?"

She dropped her eyes, her anger fading. "Yeah. I get it"

"Well I don't!" Grover complained. "Would somebody—"

"Percy . . ." Annabeth said "I'm sorry about your mother. I'm so sorry. . ."

"I should apologize as well, I got in my anger" I said looking away 

Percy was quite for a second looking away. We didn't need Grover to tell us he was feeling down, because he wasn't able to save his mother.

"The prophecy was right," Percy said "You shall go west and face the god who has turned. But it wasn't Hades. Hades didn't want war among the Big Three. Someone else pulled off the theft. Someone stole Zeus's master bolt, and Hades's helm, and framed me because I'm Poseidon's kid. Poseidon will get blamed by both sides. By sundown today, there will be a three-way war. And I'll have caused it."

Grover shook his head, mystified. "But who would be that sneaky? Who would want war that bad?"

"Do you even have to ask? Look ahead." I said

There he was, waiting for us, in his black leather duster and his sunglasses, an aluminum baseball bat propped on his shoulder. His motorcycle rumbled beside him, its headlight turning the sand red.

"Hey, kid," Ares said seeming genuinely pleased to see Percy "You were supposed to die"

"You tricked me" Percy yelled "You stole the helm and the master bolt."

Ares grinned. "Well, now, I didn't steal them personally. Gods taking each other's symbol of power—that's a big no-no. But you're not the only hero in the world who can run errands."

What? I thought

"Who did you use? Clarisse? She was there at the winter solstice."

The idea seemed to amuse him. "Doesn't matter. The point is, kid, you're impeding the war effort. See, you've got to die in the Underworld. Then Old Seaweed will be mad at Hades for killing you. Corpse Breath will have Zeus's master bolt, so Zeus'll be mad at him. And Hades is still looking for this. . ."

From his pocket he took out a ski cap—the kind bank robbers wear in movies—and placed in between the handlebars of his bike. Immediately, the cap transformed into an elaborate bronze war helmet. It reminded me of the helmet Athena let old Perseus borrow for his quest to kill Medusa.

"The helm of darkness," Grover gasped.

"Exactly," Ares said. "Now where was I? Oh yeah, Hades will be mad at both Zeus and Poseidon, because he doesn't know who took this? Pretty soon, we got a nice little three-way slugfest going."

"But they're your family!" Annabeth protested.

Ares shrugged. "Best kind of war. Always the bloodiest. Nothing like watching your relatives fight, I always say."

"You gave me the backpack in Denver," Percy said "The master bolt was in there the whole time."

"Yes and no," Ares said. "It's probably too complicated for your little mortal brain to follow, but the backpack is the master bolt's sheath, just morphed a bit. The bolt is connected to it, sort of like your sword and his spear. It always returns to your pocket and his hand, right? He said

Of course the god of war would know about that, but I guess a god of war had to make it his business to know about weapons. 

"Anyway," Ares continued, "I tinkered with the magic a bit, so the bolt would only return to the sheath once you reached the Underworld. You get close to Hades. . . Bingo, you got mail. If you died along the way—no loss. I still had the weapon."

"But why not just keep the master bolt for yourself?" Percy asked "Why send it to Hades?"

Ares got a twitch in his jaw. For a moment, it was almost as if he were listening to another voice, deep inside his head. "Why didn't I . . . yeah . . . with that kind of firepower . . ." 

He held the trance for one second . . . two seconds . . .

Percy exchanged nervous looks with me and Annabeth

Ares's face cleared. "I didn't want the trouble. Better to have you caught red-handed, holding the thing."

"You're lying" I said "Sending the bolt to the Underworld wasn't your idea, was it?"

"Of course it was!" Smoke drifted up from his sunglasses, as if they were about to catch fire.

"You didn't order the theft," Percy guessed "Someone else sent a hero to steal the two items. Then, when Zeus sent you to hunt him down, you caught the thief. But you didn't turn him over to Zeus. Something convinced you to let him go. You kept the items until another hero could come along and complete the delivery. That thing in the pit is ordering you around." 

"I am the god of war! I take orders from no one! I don't have dreams!"

I raised an eyebrow "Who said anything about dreams?"

Ares looked agitated, but he tried to cover it with a smirk.

"Let's get back to the problem at hand, kid. You're alive. I can't have you taking that bolt to Olympus. you just might get those hardheaded idiots to listen to you. So I've got to kill you. Nothing personal."

I stood in front everyone protectively. 

I morphed my bracelet into it's bow form, I reached trying to grab an arrow from my quiver. "What?" I thought

 There was nothing there, I looked down and saw the watch wasn't at my side anymore. It must have fallen into the pit. . . I changed my bow into its spear form. 

"That bow was Hyperion's, don't you know how to use it yet?" he said snickering

I wanted to ask what he meant, but he snapped his fingers. The sand exploded at his feet and out charged a wild boar, even larger and uglier than the one whose head hung above the door of cabin seven at Camp Half-Blood. The beast pawed the sand, glaring at me with beady eyes as it lowered its razor-sharp tusks and waited for the command to kill

Percy stepped into the surf. "Fight me yourself, Ares."

He laughed, but I heard a little edge to his laughter . . . An uneasiness. "You've only got one talent, kid, running away. You ran from the Chimera. You ran from the Underworld. You've only got this far because he was with you. You don't have what it takes."

"Scared?" Percy asked

"In your adolescent dreams." But his sunglasses were starting to melt from the heat of his eyes. "No direct involvement, sorry kid. You're not at my level."

The giant boar charged towards us I was ready to strike it down until

Annabeth shouted "Percy, run!" 

Percy had ran passed me. He had a look of determination. He was done running. He uncapped his pen and sidestepped. His sword appeared in his hands.

He slashed upwards. The boar's severed right tusk fell at his feet, while the disoriented animal charged into the sea. 

"WAVE!" he shouted

I just watched a wave swallow an entire boar. I remembered seeing Percy like this before, it was during capture the flag. He was fighting in the creek and now he is fighting by an ocean. The gears in his head must be turning very fast and his instincts are on high alert.

He turned back to Ares. "Are you going to fight me now?" He asked "Or are you going to hide behind another pet?"

Ares's face was purple with rage. "Watch it, kid. I could turn you into—" 

"A cockroach," Percy said "Or a tapeworm. Yeah, I'm sure. That'd save you from getting your godly hide whipped, wouldn't it?

Flames danced along the top of his glasses. "Oh man, you are really asking to be smashed into a grease spot."

"If I lose, turn me into anything you want. Take the bolt. If I win, the helm and the bolt are mine and you have to go away."

"If we win" I said

 Ares sneered.

He swung the baseball bat off his shoulder. "How would you like to get smashed: classic or modern?

Percy raised his sword 

"That's cool, dead boy," he said "Classic it is." The baseball bat changed into a huge, two-handed sword. The hilt was a large silver skull with a ruby in its mouth.

"Percy" Annabeth said "Don't do this. He's a god."

"He's a coward," Percy told her. 

"Hey Percy," I said. He looked at me "I'll watch your back you watch mine." I continued 

He smiled "Yeah let's do this." 

He held out his hand in a fist I followed his example connecting our fists.

Annabeth looked worried as she swallowed the lump in her throat. "Wear this, at least. For luck."

She took off her necklace, with her five years' worth of camp beads and the ring from her father, and tied it around Percy's neck.

"Like I need anymore on my side" He said looking at me

I chuckled "We're about to face the literal god of war and you jest now." 

"Reconciliation then," she said "Athena and Poseidon together."

Percy smiled and thanked her 

"And take this," Grover said. He handed Percy a flattened tin can that he'd probably been saving in his pocket for a thousand miles. "The satyrs stand behind you"

"Grover . . . I don't know what to say"

Percy patted him on the shoulder and stuffed the tin can in his back pocket.

Grover and Annabeth both turned to me with nothing to give me but I was fine with that.  Not like they would remember after this quest. A gave them a simple nod and smile, that should tell them I'll be fine. 

I stepped forward holding up my spear again. 

Time to tell a truth. I was still very angry about finding out that I was cursed by Hades and nearly died going insane in the magic. Ares being here was not doing me any favors, in fact his aura was making me see red. I wanted nothing more than to release my anger on something anything even. . .a god.

"You all done saying good-bye?" Ares came towards us, his black leather duster trailing behind him, his sword glinting like fire in the sunrise. I've been fighting for eternity, punks. My strength is unlimited and I cannot die. What have you got?"

"Percy" I whispered "I'll distract him from you, we'll get him to the water together."

"Okay got it" he agreed

I smiled reeling back my arm ready to do my favorite move in my arsenal

"That ain't going to work on me punk" he smirked

 The waves that were hitting my ankles was starting to boil. 

"Hey Ares you said you liked my spear right? Then have at it!" Like a cannon I sent my spear flying at him.

He took the bait. He caught my spear.

Now your probably wondering what is wrong with me? I remembered what I had said when we first met this jerk back in the diner. Only I can deem people worthy of Parádeisos. 

Ares recoiled in pain, distracted, I held a thumbs up to my side signaling Percy. Percy used the water like a catapult, right over Ares he came down slashing him from behind. But even with the distraction Ares was quick. He twisted, and the strike that should've caught him directly in the spine was deflected off the end of his sword hilt.

He grinned at Percy "Not bad, not bad." He finished holding his nondominant hand. 

Good, I leaned down into a four point stance with my wings at their full length. The water that flowed up from the waves was boiling at the touch near me. 

My spear had already returned into it's bracelet form right on my wrist. Ares slashed at Percy which he dodged, but in doing so he was backed on dry land. Ares turned to me right as took flight straight at him.

He readied himself to block my spear which wasn't out, right as I was in front of him. I maneuvered my body making me go upside down. His eyes widened, I sent 3 haymakers right into his gut, following that with kick aiming for his head. 

He crossed armed blocked the kick to the cranium, I quickly kicked off his arms with my other leg. Once I felt dirt above me I hand spring back further to create distance between us.

"Right I remember, you were known as a legend on the battlefield." Ares said holding a pained grin on his face. "By the way that spear, it was bathed in the river Acheron wasn't it? But there something off about it. It's like a fire when touched by others. It couldn't be could it?" He pondered. 

Percy charged at Ares ready to thrust his blade into the distracted god, but he had anticipated Percy. Ares knocked the blade out of Percy's hands and kicked him right in the chest. He went airborne—twenty, maybe thirty feet. He would've broken his back if I hadn't quickly caught him taking most of the crash landing. 

"Y/n, Percy!" Annabeth yelled, "Cops!"

I stood up again protectively in front of Percy who was dazed and winded. He managed to slowly get up, but he was in pain holding his chest

"I really wish I had your healing Y/n" he said

In any other scenario I would have laughed, but right now I was focused on the god in front of us. The corner of my eye I could see the red flashing light on the shoreline boulevard. Car doors were slamming in the distance.

"There, officer!" somebody yelled. "See?"

A gruff cop voice: "Looks like that kid on TV . . .what the heck . . ."

"That's guy's armed," another cop said. "Call for backup."

Ares brought down his greatsword with an overhead slash. I stood my ground I summoned my spear guarding it with its shaft. The amount of power behind Ares slash was so strong it made my feet sink into the soft squishy dune. 

Percy had ran for his sword and tried another strike, but it was once again deflected with ease. I was ready to strike Ares myself when he changed targets. He knew so while deflecting Percy he had kicked me. It doesn't sound so bad I mean I survived a massive headbutt from a snake-head tail from a chimera. 

Wrong it was bad I was still stuck to the dune, he kicked me so hard my shoes slipped off my feet and all the momentum of the kick made me crash to the ground with a loud SMACK. Imagine folding a piece of paper in half at the side of desk, yeah that happened to me except with the force of about 10 horses kicking at the same time.

Ares followed Percy towards the surf

"Admit it, kid" Ares said." You got no hope even with him. I'm just toying with you"

I think the smack to the ground gave me a mild concussion and made me pass out for a bit. When I opened my eyes I could hear more sirens and it was annoyingly loud. I tried to get up but my body refused, I had reached a limit. 

Of course I had. I was already tired to begin with, with all that happened in the Underworld. I watched helplessly as Percy was cut in the arm. Red droplets fell into the water staining the waves.

Blood. . . Percy's blood. . .My friends blood

Gritting my teeth I pushed myself to stand, I barely heard the police yell something about guns. My body felt hot to the touch, it steamed above my head. I took one wobbled step forward and the soft dune was now crunchy. I flew at him with everything I had

"GET AWAY FROM HIM!" I yelled 

Ares turned ready to grab me from the air, I landed hard on the ground spinning, I kicked his feet from under him. Then with my momentum I grabbed at his vest and tossed him over my shoulder getting him away a good distance from Percy and I. (That hurt by the way, picking up  someone as heavy as Ares with little thought was pretty dumb.)

Ares stood up looking at me angry, he looked at me feet seeing glass forming under my intense heat and pressure. The noise blaring from the cops didn't stop instead it increased more and more. 

Ares turned to glare at our spectators, which gave us time to breath. There were five or six police  cars now, and a line of officers crunching behind them, with small hand guns trained on us.

"This is a private matter!" Ares bellowed. "Be gone"

He wouldn't would he? Oh who am I kidding gods don't care. I took flight towards the mortals, they had trained their guns at me.

"RUN! GET OUT OF THERE NOW!" I shouted

Ares swept his hand, and a wall of red flame rolled across the patrol cars. Some of the police barely had time to dive for cover before their vehicles exploded. There were 4 of them who didn't get so lucky. I flew through the red flame and grabbed them, tossing them roughly away before the explosion can blast their bodies everywhere. The crowd behind them had scattered screaming for their lives.

Though through the massive explosion one of the officers had pulled their triggers getting me right thought the arm. I crashed rolling across the ground unable able to stop my momentum.  

Ares starred at the place Y/n once stood. The amount of pressure the teen had exerted during his step into flight including his heat had created tiny spikes of glass. He grinned after seeing him take a tumble to protect the mortals.

Ares roared with laughter. "Now, little hero. Let's add you to the barbecue."

I stood up holding my arm blood dripped from it, new note to self modern weapons are terribly terrible and dangerous. What happened to the good old days of swords and shields? 

Percy was guarding slash after slash getting further into the water. I needed to hurry to help him, I speed walked down into the beach again. I stopped seeing Ares's Harley, my eyes laid on the things strapped to either side of the front. I picked one up and strapped it across my back, something about the bike seemed angry at me for taking something from it without permission. 

"Give me victory" I thought to myself.

I began to glow the warm golden aura, though it fizzled out here and there, but I didn't need for long just enough for one more attack. 

Everything's on the line with this plan

Percy lowered his blade, as if he were exhausted to go on. One look at his face, it told me everything he was planning something as well. I summoned my spear and prepared my favorite move once more. Usually I would toss it with my dominate hand but even now my wound was taking a bit to heal. So I readied my other arm.

"I need to out fly my own spear, this is going to be a real dumb way to die if all fails." I thought to myself.

I tossed and like a cannon it flew across the sky. I followed it as quickly as possible right behind it.

Faster I thought as I flapped even harder I was now side by side with it. 

FASTER

I flapped harder I could feel the wind drying my eyes

A six-foot wave of water smashed Ares full in the face, leaving him cursing and sputtering with a mouth full of seaweed. Percy had landed in the water, he fainted for his head, but he changed his target stabbing Ares right in the heel.

Ares stood in pain 

"I am Ares the GOD OF WAR" he screamed

Just then I had flew past him with one of his weapons locked and loaded. Of course since I flew faster than I had anticipated I couldn't control my stop so I was upside down again. . . but not on purpose. I thought back to what the little boy from the Gateway Arch had said

"AND I'M AN ANGEL WITH A SHOTGUN" I fired the gun I had taken from his bike

The bullet scattered upon being fired hitting the god square in the face and chest. Though it was a just mortal weapon it didn't harm a god like Ares unlike us demigods. But it did pack quite a punch making the god stumble back.  He was about to fall on his bottom until he stumbled forward as my speeding spear had stabbed him in the back. 

I watched in amazement as Ares fell to his knees, we took a god down to their knees. Ichor, the golden blood of the gods flowed from his wounds. 

Parádeisos returned to me changing back into it's bracelet form. The golden glow had finally disappeared from my body and I landed in the water. Also falling to my knees, I had forced my power even though I was already weakened. Trying to catch my breath was painful and the world was spinning. 

The roar that followed made Hades's earthquake look like a minor event. The very sea was blasted back from Ares, Including me. It left a wet circle of sand fifty feet wide. I was sent flying into the water that had parted. I had lost my handle of the shotgun, and I was trying my best to swim my way out. 

In the water, I could see something happening for a second. The light seemed to fade. Even in the water sound and color drained away. I finally made it out of the water walls and ran as fast I could to Percy who was in Ares's kill range. A cold, heavy presence passed over the beach, slowing time, dropping the temperature to freezing even for me. It made me feel like life was hopeless, fighting was useless. . . 

The darkness lifted

Police cars were burning behind him. The crowd of spectators had fled. Annabeth and Grover stood on the beach, in shock, watching the water flood back around Ares's feet, his glowing golden ichor dissipated in the tide. The water had also knocked me down forcing me to swim underneath the wave

Ares lowered his sword. He was to enthralled in Percy he hadn't realized I was making my way over to him.

"You have made an enemy, godling," he said "You have sealed your fate. Every time you raise you blade in battle, every time you hope for success, you will feel my curse. Beware, Perseus Jackson. Beware" 

His body began to glow

I jumped out of the water getting one last good solid punch right into his cheek. I hadn't realized he was glowing until I had already thrown the punch.

"Y/n, Percy!" Annabeth yelled "Don't watch!"

Then I remembered a gods true immortal form. It was so deadly it could kill you just for getting a tiny gaze at it. 

I sprouted my wet and heavy wings turning to Percy I wrapped them around us. I pulled him into the water as the glow blasted the surrounding area.

We had washed to shore after the incident Ares was gone and in his place was Hades's bronze helm of darkness. 

"He really relied on a crutch to beat a couple of kids. What a joke." I said

Percy tried to help me stand by I waved it off as I laid still on my back.

Percy picked up the helm of darkness he was ready to walk back to the others. When the flapping of leathery wings had caught our attention. Three evil-looking grandmothers with lace hats and fiery whips drifted down from the sky and landed in front of us.

The middle fury stepped forward with her fangs out, but she didn't look threatening. No she looked more disappointed, as if she'd planned to have a Percy Y/n stew for supper.

"We saw the whole thing," she hissed. "So . . .it truly was not you?"

Percy tossed the helmet, which she caught in surprise.

"Return that to lord Hades," He said. "Tell him the truth. Tell him to call off the war"

She hesitated, then ran a forked tongue over her green, leathery lips. "Live well, Percy Jackson. Become a true hero. Because if you do not, if you ever come into my clutches again. . ."

She cackled, savoring the idea. Then she and her sisters rose on their bats' wings, fluttered into the smoke-filled sky, and disappeared.

I stood up and we joined Grover and Annabeth, who were starting at us in amazement.

"Percy. Y/n . . . ." Grover said. "That was so incredibly. . ."

"Terrifying," said Annabeth.

"Cool!" Grover corrected.

I gave them a pained smile. I held my arm Annabeth and Grover checked on it, but besides the stains of blood the hole where the bullet trespassed was gone. In its place was now a scar on both ends in the shape of circle. It still hurt as a fresh wound would. 

"Did you guys feel that. . . whatever it was?" Percy asked

Annabeth, Grover and I nodded uneasily

"Must've been the Furies overhead." Grover said.

No that didn't feel like them Furies, no it reminded me a lot of the pit I fell in. Something about it even made Ares stop from killing Percy, and whatever could do that was a lot stronger than the Furies. 

Annabeth Percy and I looked at each other an understanding passed between us. I knew now what was in that pit. what had spoken from the entrance of Tartarus. I didn't like one bit.

Percy picked up his backpack from Grover and looked inside. The master bolt was still there. Such a small thing to almost cause a war.

"We have to get back to New York," Percy said "By tonight."

"That's impossible," Annabeth said, "unless we—"

"Fly," Percy agreed

"I would love to but I'm all tuckered out" I said trying to flap my wing but they felt heavy from the water and I was so tired.

She stared at me with narrowed eyes "Fly in an airplane dummy, which Percy was warned never to do lest Zeus strike him out of the sky, and carrying a weapon that has more destructive power than a nuclear bomb?"

"Oh" I said 

"Yeah," Percy said "Pretty much exactly like that. Come on."

***

According to L.A. news, the explosion at the Santa Monica beach had been caused when a crazy kidnapper fired a shotgun at a police car.(Not me that one was Ares's doing) He accidentally hit a gas main that had ruptured during the earthquake.

This crazy kidnapper (a.k.a Ares) was the same man who had abducted Percy and his three friends in New York and brought us across country on a ten-day odyssey of terror. (Poor Odysseus)  

The reporter fed us this whole story about us and the adventure we just went through. It was so much I just let Percy do everything from here on I was to tired. Oh and I was given some flipflops? I think that's what they called them. 

"All I want," Percy began choking back his tears, "is to see my loving stepfather again. Every time I saw him on TV, calling me a delinquent punk, I knew . . .somehow . . . we would be okay. And I knew he'll want to reward each and every person in this beautiful city of Los Angeles with a free major appliance from his store. Here's the phone number." The police and reporters were so moved that they passed around the hat and raised money for four tickets on the next plane to New York

Percy was having a nightmarish time on the plane even before take off. I had given into my tiredness and fallen asleep. Every now and then I would wake feeling like I was falling into the pit, but it was just some turbulence. 

Percy had given my arm a tight squeeze as we were landing. He didn't let go until we touched down safely at La Guardia. The local press was waiting for outside security, but we managed to evade them thank to Annabeth, who lured them away in her invisible Yankees cap, shouting "They're over by the frozen yogurt! Come on!" the rejoined us at baggage claim.

We spilt up at the taxi stand. Percy told Annabeth and Grover to get back to Half-Blood Hill and let Chiron know what had happened. They protested of course after everything we went through. Then Hades's words wrung in my head "That when all was done in the that hero's quest, you would be forgotten by everyone in the mortal world."

My chest tightened, this is it. . . the last I will ever see Annabeth and Grover. The last time they will remember me. . .

I stopped them before they could get into the taxi. They turned towards me, I wanted to get a good look at them one last time. I tried my best to hold back my tears, but that was the toughest thing to do yet. 

"Well, I'll be going with Percy." I said "I guess this is good bye. . . I will cherish the memories I made with you both." My lip quivered

I could see it in their eyes they remembered my curse. They both hugged me. They were as emotional as I was. I pushed them back remembering another bit of my curse "That anyone you loved would meet a terrible fate."  I wanted to hug them more truly I did, but I was afraid of leading them to their deaths. . .

I nodded my head right as they wanted to say something to me. I walked away, it was too much to bare. I didn't want to disappear again, I didn't want people to forget me again. . . .

Percy waved them off and we hopped into a taxi into Manhattan.

Thirty minutes later, we entered the lobby of the Empire State Building.

We must have looked like a couple of homeless kids, with with tattered clothes and scraped-up faces. Percy looked like a ghoul with his sleepless face, I wasn't any better.

We went up to the guard at the front desk and Percy asked "Six hundredth floor"

He was reading a huge book with a picture of a wizard on the front. Oddly enough the boy had dark hair and green eyes weird I thought.

"No such floor, kiddo"

"We need an audience with Zeus"

He gave us a vacant smile "Sorry?" 

"You heard me."

This guy looked like a regular mortal, if not for that fact he was staring at me or should say my wings. "No appointment, no audience, kiddo. Lord Zeus doesn't see anyone unannounced."

"Oh, I think he'll make an exception." I said tapping Percy shoulder.

He slipped off his backpack and unzipped the top

The guard looked inside at the metal cylinder, not getting what it was for a few seconds. Then his face went pale. "That isn't. . ." 

"Yes, it is," Percy promised "You want me to take it out and—"

"No! No!" He scrambled out his seat, fumbled around his desk for a key card, then handed it to Percy. "Insert this in the security slot. Make sure nobody else is in the elevator with you both."

We did as were told. As soon as the elevator doors closed, Percy slipped the key into the slot. The card disappeared and a new button appeared on the console, a red one that said 600

Percy pressed it and we waited and waited

Percy kept giving me glances to a point I was tired of it

"Percy" I said "I'm—"

"I don't want you to leave us" he said 

"Percy, I don't have much of a choice" I said "I want you to know something. When I woke up in this Modern time everything was confusing. But during this quest I learned so many thing from everyone. Like the good food and the crazy new inventions of this era. And I'm scared to admit it, but I see you like a brother. I know you'll do great in the future and be remembered as one of the greatest."

Percy hugged me I hesitated to hug him back but I did 

"Come on Percy, you're going to be in front of the gods. You got to look confident my friend"

"Yeah, alright"

The door opened with a ding and we stepped out, I was silent the whole walk up. I was to busy thinking of what's to come. I hadn't realized we had entered the throne room. Twelve thrones, built for beings the size of Hades, were arranged in an inverted U, just like the cabins back at Camp Half-Blood. I was expecting thirteen for my mother Nike but there wasn't.

An enormous fire crackled in the central hearth pit, that's how I knew that girl at camp I've seen her before she was Hestia all along.

There were two gods sitting in their respective thrones. You didn't need to be told who they were. 

The moment I laid eyes on Zeus my mind went blank like I had to do something on auto. I walked forward and took a knee looking down. 

"Lord Zeus I have guided the hero" I said

Zeus didn't acknowledge me he was too fixated on Percy, I didn't dare want to look up at the god. This is one god you don't want to make angry. 

***

Percy was stunned seeing Y/n down in such respect. He had a long chat about what had happened except the part of Y/n Curse. He felt that was something Y/n should explain himself since he knew somewhat the details. 

Percy had put the lightning bolt at Zeus's feet. 

Zeus opened his palm ready to summon his bolt when a new voice called in the throne room.

"My lord I beg of thee please, acknowledge my son." said the voice

A tall women walked into view. She had dark brown hair with sky blue eyes. She wore a white dress with golden accents embed in it. And on her back were beautiful Golden wings. From where Percy stood he could feel intense heat coming from her. 

"That must be one of Y/n moms, Nike" Percy thought

"Brother please" said Poseidon

"Oh alright, you did well once again Y/n Felix" Zeus said 

***

"Thank you my lord" I said

I blinked confused. I don't know what happened, but from the looks of things I was out of it for a few minutes. My wings fluttered all of sudden, I turned my head to try and focus on them. As I did I saw her. She was beautiful, I think this wasn't the first time we met, even so she was amazing. 

"Hello my son" she said

"Mother" I said turning my entire body to her giving her the same respect I did to Zeus.

Then I heard the sound of Zeus summoning his Master bolt. I shut my eyes tight waiting to vanish. . . 

I opened them. I was still in the throne room, I looked over at Percy who was as equally confused as I was.

"My lord, If I may" Nike asked

Zeus grimaced. Annoyed he waved his hand 

"Come with me child" Nike said

I stood and followed her I didn't know why I was so awkward around her. She was my mother right? Even so I felt like I shouldn't have the honor to be around her. Then I wondered where was Tyche or the other gods.

I came out of my train of thoughts when Nike stopped walking. She gestured me forward, in front of me was a table and chairs with tea being prepared?

"Come on then have a seat" She said

I did as I was told. I sat down as did she on the opposite side of the table.

The tea poured itself and she took a sip, she gave me a look saying well go on drink up. I took a sip and it was amazing.

"I'm sure you have many question's my child. And I have many answers to give" she said

The tea became sour in my mouth, I put down my cup and looked at her 

"Um mom sorry, mother, Your majesty? I really don't know how should I address you Ma'am"

Her brow ticked, crap I made her angry

"Mom or Mother would be fine, but never call me Ma'am again" she said 

I nodded sweating 

"Right mom, I don't mean to be greedy, but I was expecting to see all the gods. Specifically both my mother you and Tyche." I said

She quietly took another sip of her tea. Her eyes were examine my body up and down, it gave me chills and not in a good way.

"The rest of the Olympians are waiting for orders of the upcoming war, but seeing as you and your friend Percy Jackson have brought back the Master Bolt. It shall be called off once and for all. As for Tyche. . . she isn't your mother."

I was taking a sip from tea, but as she dropped that last part I spat it back into my cup.

"Come again" I said

She handed me a napkin to clean my front

"Well she is and isn't. Remember when you were claimed in the Camp? What symbols did you see?" She asked

"It was a wreath with wings sprouting from it." I said confused

"My symbol is the wings sprouting of course, but Tyche symbol is the wheel of a ships rudder." she said refilling her cup.

 She took a long pause sipping contently

"Fortuna on the other hand is the wheel of fortune, but she loved your dad so much. she took it upon herself to represent the wreath he wore"

. . . .

. . . .

That took a bit to register, Nike said Fortuna who was that again. . .BUT THE FACT I HAVE A DAD. I wanted to scream, what do you mean I have a dad? But I didn't there was a softness on her face, and she looked pained.

"I. . .have a dad? Who's Fortune?" I asked. 

"Fortuna is the Roman counterpart of Tyche. Y/n,  you are the first and probably only Greco-Roman to ever exist, and yes you. . .had a dad?

oh. . . that must be the reason for her pained expression. This was all so confusing how could I forget all this. There something fuzzy in my memories that I couldn't recognize even if I tried my hardest it was impossible. Like my brain was forcing it away from me. 

I took a deep breath

"Who am I really? I remember most of my quests with well known heroes, but I don't know who I am truly" I asked

"Well, it has been a few millennium. Of course you would slowly want to forget the first grief of your life." She said

Taking one more sip she looks at me 

"The story begins with a young prince"

CLIFFHANGER AGAIN! OHH Y/n FIRST LIFE ABOUT TO BE SPILLED LET'S GOO! 

YES Y/n true godly parents revealed. He's a half Greek half Roman Demigod how did that happen?? Also Y/n had a dad what?? I wonder why Nike said he would want to forget the first grief?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

237K 8.7K 114
All's Fair in Love and War The Lightning Thief: Complete The Sea of Monsters: Complete The Titans Curse: Complete The Battle of the Labyrinth: Compl...
30.8K 436 197
Cover update!😁 If there was ever a point I thought my life was boring I was wrong. I killed my math teacher and my life just spiraled from there. My...
34.2K 635 32
🏁HAPPY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY🏁 🚩TW: Blood, rape, swear words, suicidal thoughts, self harm, panic attacks, needles, death, natural disasters, slight...
8K 153 10
⊹β™₯οΈŽΛ– ΰ£ͺα―€ 𝗍𝗁𝖾 π—Žπ—‡π—Œπ–Ύπ—π—π—…π—‚π—‡π—€ π–Ίπ—π–Ίπ—‹π–Ύπ—‡π–Ύπ—Œπ—Œ π—ˆπ–Ώ π—’π—ˆπ—Žπ—‹ π—ˆπ—π—‡ 𝗁𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗍𝖻𝖾𝖺𝗍 π—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—› 𝗔𝗣𝗛π—₯π—’π——π—œπ—§π—˜ π—–π—’π— π—£π—Ÿπ—œπ—–π—”π—§οΏ½...