Her AU Book Three

Por Princess_DYS

As our favorite brunette and her husband dig their way out of the rubble, they will come face to face with so... Más

Always
Wow Me
Just Drive the Truck
Apologies Are Dangerous
The Nuclear Option
Nobody Touches Anything
Chicago Crossover
They'll Have to Go Through Me
Chopper
Arrest in Transit
Santa Bites
Let Him Die
Ambush Predator
Three Bells
A Little Devil Complex
Call It Paradise
Headlong Toward Disaster
Red Rag the Bull
Forgive You Anything
Forgiving, Relentless, Unconditional
I Am the Apocalypse
You Know Where to Find Me
We Called Her Jellybean

Madmen and Fools/An Honest Woman

286 13 2
Por Princess_DYS

A/N Now, technically, I should've combined this PD episode with the last chapter but I felt better doing it with this one because there's really only one or two scenes from the Fire episode I can do something with and I've been meaning to do something with PD 2x05 for a while now so here it is!

Without further ado, please relax and enjoy the read.

~Princess <3

*At Matt and Gabby's Apartment: Early in the Morning*

The engaged couple were in the middle of getting ready for their next shift when Ana came racing out of the guest bedroom. She looked frazzled as all Hell while Kelly was, of course, nowhere to be found.

"Hey, can you guys drop me off at the 21st before you head to 51?" The brunette requested, politely, despite the worry that was making every part of her body visibly tense. "And tell Boden I'm gonna be late coming in today."

"Of course." Matt nodded, instantly.

"What's going on?" Gabby inquired as her eyebrows scrunched together in concern.

"My Dad promised he was gonna call me this morning and talk about a few things but he never did and now his phone is going straight to voicemail." The Captain explained, urgently shrugging her Firehouse jacket on over her shoulders. "Something is seriously wrong. I can feel it."

"We'll be ready in 5 minutes." The blond called out while his fianceé nodded in agreement.

"Thank you." Ana sighed in relief.

*At the 21st Police District: A Little While Later*

"Hey, Honey, what's up?" Trudy inquired with a smile as her Goddaughter approached the front desk.

"You heard from Daddy at all?" Ana wondered. "He's not answering his phone."

"No I haven't." The Desk Sergeant's face quickly fell and one of her hands disappeared below the desk. "Here, lemme buzz you in."

"Thanks, Trudy." The brunette murmured, immediately rushing towards the gate.

She bounded up the stairs and into the Bullpen, finding a majority of the Intelligence Unit loitering about with their boss no where in sight.

"Have any of you seen my Dad? His phone keeps going straight to voicemail." Ana explained, a little out of breath.

A woman she guessed was Nadia Decotis based off the descriptions she was given by various members of the team, appeared beside her and it didn't take her that long to work out who the brunette was either.

"Yeah, some guy from H.Q. called. Voight skipped a com stat meeting." She added, worriedly.

"Weird. I'll try him." Erin offered, pressing her own phone to her ear.

"See?" Nadia shrugged when she pulled the device away not even a second later

"I believed you." The female Detective assured, shooting the firefighter a slight glare. "It's her I don't trust."

Ana chose to ignore her for the most part.

"Maybe he's sick?" Nadia frowned.

"He never gets sick." The shorter brunette corrected her in somewhat of a fond tone. "Frankly, I don't think he can."

"And he's never late." Erin added, glancing across the room at her partner. "Jay."

"Come on, Ana, you can roll with us." He offered, grabbing his coffee cup and standing up from his desk.

The firefighter just raced back downstairs and the two Detectives were hot on her heels.

*At Hank Voight's Residence*

"He had the flu last year." Jay recalled as the trio hopped out of a gray Chrysler.

"No, he didn't. That was you." Erin shook her head.

"He gets sick. Everybody gets sick." He scoffed.

"Not him." Ana glared over her shoulder. "Not my Dad."

"Car's out front." The female Detective observed as they passed by a familiar Black SUV.

They walked up to the door and Erin was just about to pull her key out when the firefighter beat her to it, knocking on the door before swiftly unlocking it.

"Daddy?" She called, stepping inside.

"Hank?" Erin mimicked her actions, gazing around for any sign of the Sergeant.

Ana's eyes immediately fell on a toppled over chair and the Detectives followed suit.

"Back door." Jay muttered, seeing it wide open.

"Phone." His partner replied, reaching for her gun as she stepped into the kitchen and found the smashed device laying on the ground.

Jay moved to check outside while the two women made their way towards the basement, finding the door cracked open a bit. Ana pushed her feelings aside and let Erin take the lead since she was the one with the gun. They slowly crept down the stairs and found nothing good at the bottom.

"Blood." The female Detective yelled, loudly, so her parter would hear.

The firefighter's gaze fell on the red substance covering the floor and rapidly paled upon realizing it was probably her father's. She swallowed and forced herself to look back up, finding a shelf with several platforms broken a few feet away. Jay suddenly came racing down to join the two women and his attention was immediately drawn to the large square hole in the wall.

"You know what was here?" He inquired, turning to Ana.

"A safe." She answered, honestly, knowing even the smallest detail could help them find her father. "This was a robbery."

Jay clenched his jaw and holstered his gun, replacing it with his phone instead.

"Antonio. . . take me off speaker." He instructed the second the man on the other end picked up.

*A Few Minutes Later*

"Smashed his phone so we couldn't track them." Antonio muttered as the trio led him and Kevin into the kitchen.

"You figure two guys?" Jay inquired.

"At least." The second in command nodded, pausing as everyone's gazes fell onto the table.

"Somebody was here. Coffee's Voight, but tea. . ." Erin shook her head.

"Voight's not the only one who got snatched." Antonio realized, grimly.

"Olive Morgan." Ana suddenly spoke up, making all eyes snap over to her. "She was Justin's girlfriend when he was in town and she's pregnant. Daddy said she was coming over for breakfast and that he would call me afterwards to update me on their situation. That's why I called him. Why I was so worried when it went straight to voicemail." The brunette forced out amidst the panic that was slowly rising within her.

"Hey." Jay placed a comforting hand on her shoulder and gave it a small squeeze. "You did the right thing coming to us."

"We'll find him." Antonio assured but it wasn't exactly them that the firefighter was hearing.

Their voices had slowly started to morph into Fin's and Amanda's a few seconds after Jay had first spoken. It had been a little over a year now since William Lewis had kidnapped her mother and she really hoped that the parallels between these two incidents ended at just the eerily similar words of comfort.

"Cameras!" She suddenly gasped as a few memories played on fast forward in her mind. "He has cameras disguised as lightbulbs in the fixtures near the doors."

"I'm on it." Kevin nodded, racing back outside.

*Back at the 21st Police District: In the Bullpen*

"Ana was right. Voight had cameras at the front and back doors. Front door, 7:00 this morning, this girl arrives. 7:30, two unknown offenders enter the back." Antonio explained, taping two photos to the whiteboard as he talked. "Now, we can't see if Voight or the girl lets them in. Five minutes later, this girl is seen leaving. One of the male subjects escorts her back inside."

"Ten minutes after that, they exit the back with the girl." Kevin added from his spot on the other end of the whiteboard. "They're carrying Voight out. He appears to be unconscious."

The firefighter, who was standing near her godfather on the other side of the pillar, swallowed and looked away at that.

"We got to put out an all-call message and get a city-wide search going." Jay pointed out.

"No, 'cause we don't know what Voight was into." Alvin argued, quietly. "We're gonna bring him home safe. We do it ourselves. We keep this in-house. Now, Ana?"

"Yeah, that's Olive." She confirmed with a short nod.

"I remember her from back in the day. I wouldn't figure her for this." Erin shook her head with a frown.

"We got to run her through every database we got, see if her phone is active, get her family, credit cards." Antonio listed, urgently. "She could be connected to these two, whoever they are."

"'Connected?' She could have set it up." Jay shot up from where he'd been seated on top of his desk.

"If she did, it was under duress." Ana muttered, darkly. "That I know for sure."

"For what it's worth, Ruzek doesn't think they're local." Kevin spoke up again. "So he's trying something else."

A new thought suddenly appeared at the forefront of the firefighter's mind and it made her blood run cold as well as her stomach leap into her throat. She suddenly let out shaky breath and bolted towards the Break Room, trying her hardest not to throw up what little she had eaten into the sink.

"He's as tough as they come. You know that." Alvin's soft murmur broke the silence in an attempt soothe her nerves.

"Yeah, but. . . how did they get him out of the house, Al?" Ana looked up at him with glassy eyes.

"We're gonna find him, Kid." He promised, laying a gentle hand on her shoulder.

That prompted the brunette to move forwards and she let out a sniffle as her Godfather's arms encircled her in a tight embrace.

*A Little While Later*

Ana had been silently watching the Intelligence Unit work to find her father when Adam suddenly rushed in from the Basement/Garage Area.

"All right, the little guy, Ian Marks." He held up a photo before putting it up on the whiteboard. "LKA came back Denver."

"I ran his name through the face the nation database. His whole family's nothing but crooks. No match on the partner." Jay shook his head.

"The head of this unit's missing four hours already. We need more." Antonio growled from where he was hunched over his desk.

"Detective." Nadia suddenly called, racing over with some papers in her hand.

"Cell phone towers?" He frowned in slight confusion.

"That was fast." Adam remarked, glancing at them from the whiteboard.

"I flirted with the girl at U.S. Cellular." Nadia shrugged as if it was no big deal.

"Over the phone?" Erin looked at her in suprise before peering over Antonio's shoulder.

"Yeah." She nodded.

"Idiot pinged a local tower." The second in command pointed at the page. "Looks like Marks called his family back in Denver."

"Can't be that stupid." Erin muttered.

"If you choose my Dad of all people as a target, then you can't be that smart either." Ana retorted with a raised eyebrow.

"Ruzek, triangulate those pings and get us a location." Alvin ordered as everyone rushed around. "I'll get an arrest warrant. Ana, you can ride with me and Ruzek. Let's go."

The brunette raced after her Godfather and his partner with zero hesitation whatsoever.

*Outside of An Old, Run-down, Abandoned House*

Ana was forced to wait until the Intelligence Unit cleared the building and, possibly, found her father before she was allowed to go inside. Fortunately for her, the brunette only had to wait for all of five minutes before Kevin was coming back to get her. The Officer led her inside over to Hank who, frankly, looked like he had seen better days.

"Dad!" The firefighter gasped, taking in his split lip and the cut grazing his left temple.

The older man's gaze finally fell on his daughter's and the look in his eyes was one of cold, calculating, fury.

"What the Hell is she doing here?" He snarled, turning to his best friend without even waiting for a response. "Al, take her to 51."

"What, no!" Ana cried, ripping her arm out her Godfather's grasp and latching onto her father instead. "Daddy!"

It was then that the red haze of anger lifted from Hank's mind and his face softened as he took in her state. The older man could tell just how worried about him she had been by the mere fact her hands were still visibly shaking despite how hard they were clutching at his own.

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry, Pumpkin. Come here. I'm fine. I'm right here. I'm all right. It's okay." The Sergeant murmured, pulling his daughter into a tight hug but he leaned down just slightly to make sure his lips were near her ear. "They took her ring."

The low gravelly whisper had her freezing in place. Camille, his late wife. If these bastards were truly stupid enough to steal that woman's ring, then not even the Devil himself could stop Hank from getting it back again.

"I understand." Ana sniffled, no longer shaking as she pulled back and wiped at her eyes. "I'm just glad you're okay."

"Me too." He cracked a small smile despite himself and nodded at his best friend over her shoulder. "Now go to work. You did all you can do for me here."

The brunette nodded and hugged him one last time before heading over to Alvin, but not before feeling her father press a gentle kiss into her hair.

*At Firehouse 51: On the Apparatus Floor*

Ana walked towards the Squad Table with a huge smile on her face, having been able to spot her husband in the distance as clear as day. He and Capp were messing around with some sort of wood contraption.

"Hey, you." Kelly grinned upon looking up and seeing his wife approaching him. "How's your old man?"

"Eh, you know him." She shrugged. "He's being stubborn as Hell despite having a cut the size of your ego on the side of his head."

"Ouch." The Lieutenant pouted in mock hurt.

The brunette just rolled her eyes and gave him a kiss in response, pulling back to see a cheeky smirk on lips instead.

"So what's going on here?" The Captain wondered, nodding down towards the table.

"Teaching Capp how to play Craps in preparation for the Vegas weekened." Kelly replied, nonchalantly.

"Ah, I see. Is he any good?" Ana wondered.

"Not at first but we're getting there." He answered, honestly, and Capp could do nothing but nod in agreement.

"Can I talk to you?" Slyvie requested, seemingly appearing out of nowhere.

"I'll take a break." The Squad member offered, dropping the dice and walking away.

The Captain merely nodded at her husband as if to say, "I guess I'll just leave you two alone then."

She went to head inside the Firehouse only to immediately run into Chief upon rounding the nearest corner.

"Benson, hey." He smiled, glancing at the floor real quick. "Now, if you're here, then I take it that means everything worked out okay."

"It's a really long story and I can probably shorten it for you if you want but-"

"You know what?" The older man cut her off, gently. "I probably don't wanna know anyway. I'm just glad your father's okay. . . for your sake anyway."

"Thanks, Chief." Ana nodded, warmly.

"'Course." He clapped a hand on her shoulder and the two COs continued on their seperate ways.

*At the End of Shift*

Ana walked off the Apparatus Floor and over to her husband's mustang, finding him waiting for her there.

"Capp bailed on Vegas. Looks like it just us then." He smiled, face falling immediately when the brunette just winced.

"Actually, Kelly, with everything happening with my Dad I. . . don't really feel up to it anymore. I'm sorry." She apologized, feeling extremely guilty when he looked down in disappointment. "But you should go."

The Lieutenant looked back up at her in suprise.

"Yeah?" He asked, hesitantly.

"Honestly, I think you need it." The Captain nodded, a playful smirk toying at her lips. "Clear your head. . . maybe finally get it on straight."

"It's gonna take a lot more than a trip to Vegas to manage that." Kelly laughed, making Ana let out a chuckle of her own. "I love you, you know that?"

"Of course, I do." She smiled. "Because I love you just the same, if not more."

"Impossible." He scoffed, opening the door and sliding into his car.

The brunette just shook her head before following suit.

A/N I hope you all enjoyed! Till Monday!

~Princess <3

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

24.6K 338 15
After moving to back to Chicago, Rain Jacob's comes to work at the firehouse of her old neighbour chief Wallace. Everyone feels like they know her f...
133K 3.3K 50
Nicole Severide grew up with her older brother Kelly as one of the only people she could trust. Then she started work as a paramedic on Ambulance 61...
100K 1.7K 28
It's not everyday that a successful lawyer decides to become a firefighter. Driven by loss, Olivia Honour Lewis decides to break the mould. She gives...
6.8K 405 14
[ COMPLETE ] After a drunken one night stand with a woman he met at his brothers anniversary party, Otis makes it his mission to track down the myste...