HERSHE || BBANGSAZ ||

By _chaechae_l

When two people found something they weren't looking for-in each other. An AU in which Hanni and Minji meet... More

1. Newcomer
2. Anniversary
3. Hickey
4. Closer
5. Lipstick
6. Plan
7. Drunk
8. Visitor
9. Past
10. Chat
11. Breakfast
12. Serendipity
13. Back
14. Couple
15. Girlfriend
16. War
17. Quiz
18. Honey
19. Moments
20. Stroll
22. Confession
23. Truth
24. Closure
25. Free
26. Hangover
27. Interns
28. Fast
29. Nuisance
30. Missed
31. Date
32. Horror
33. Fireworks
34. Conquered
35. Admire
36. Surprise
37. Setup
38. Chance
39. Special
40. Lunch
41. Cannot
42. Offline
43. Hospital
44. Late
45. Friends
46. Tears
47. Game
48. Sleepover
49. Couch
50. Deal
51. Family

21. Dude

1.8K 108 16
By _chaechae_l

Immediately after Minji closed the door behind, her phone rang. She fished for her phone from her back pocket and her lips curved upwards when she saw the caller's name.

"Hey, Dad."

Hanni is in front of the closet, choosing what to wear for the dinner party.

"Yeah. I'm here in Haeundae... We arrived yesterday... I'm with some friends and Haerin... Yeah. The Haerin I introduced to you before. Yes. It was her birthday yesterday... Sure. I'll tell her you said hi... No, Dad. Hahaha! We're not together. No! She's with her boyfriend right now..."

Hanni raised an eyebrow. So Minji's dad had met Haerin before.

"What's your plan for your birthday?" Minji asked her dad. "Of course, I'll visit you. Oh. I see. Okay. I'll catch you later then... Yeah. Don't forget your dinner too... Bye, Dad... I love you too..."

Minji put her phone down on the bedside table and went to the bathroom.

Hanni was getting something from her duffel bag when Minji's phone rang again. She took that opportunity to peek at the caller and saw the familiar picture of Minji and Yunjin with Taipei 101 in the background.

She heard the flush in the bathroom and the door creaked open. Hanni hurried to pretend to do something.

"Oh, is that my phone?" Minji picked her phone quickly. "Hey, Yunjin. What's up?" She walked towards the balcony door, opening it and stepping outside.

Hanni was left confused inside the room, wondering why Minji okay with her hearing the conversation with her dad but not with Yunjin.

"Haerin loved your flowers," said Minji.

"That's nice to hear. How's your trip so far?" asked Yunjin on the other line.

"It's great. We're enjoying our stay here."

"Wait. Wait. You said 'we' or is it just you who's enjoying everything?"

Minji glanced at the person inside the room and averted her gaze quickly when their eyes met. "It might be hard to believe it, but I think she's enjoying the trip too."

"To be honest, I won't be surprised if she does. But what makes you think so?"

"She's in the mood to do everything: pretending in front of Haerin and strolling around here. She even asked me to buy a couple's necklace and get a couple's henna tattoo."

"What? She did that? Wow, Minji. Don't you think it's too much for acting?"

"I know. But what if she's just having fun? What if she's just doing this to help me?"

"Help you get back with Haerin? Minji, if she really wants that to happen there's no need for her to do what she's doing right now," said Yunjin. "My deduction is... I think she's doing that because she wants to keep you away from Haerin."

Minji knitted her brows, thinking.

"I still stand by my old statement: I really believe that she likes you," added Yunjin. "Why don't you confess to her tonight?"

Minji never thought of doing it yet because she knows that it's impossible for Hanni to reciprocate her feelings.

"Don't you think it's too early for that?" she said.

"Early for what? You're already doing what a real couple does."

"Not really. We haven't kissed yet." Minji giggled at the thought.

"Perv." Yunjin chuckled. "My point is this: do you think you could act naturally if you two aren't comfortable with each other?"

"But what if she's just good at this, the acting? What if everything is just a part of the play for her? I don't want to assume anything now. That's suicide."

Yunjin sighed. "Don't you still get it? The fact that she can pretend to be your girlfriend with ease in front of Haerin proves that she's okay to be your girlfriend for real. It also proves that you're compatible with each other."

Minji sighed.

"It's still up to you. I just don't see the point of prolonging it," said Yunjin. "Take your chance. If she rejects you, then you can stop being a hopeless romantic and start moving on. You may not admit it to me but I know part in you is thinking—at some point—she likes you too."

Minji looked back into the room, observing Hanni who's still busy picking what to wear, thinking if she should really confess tonight.

Minji and Hanni are already in the restaurant where the party is taking place when Jungwon popped out of nowhere to greet them.

"Hey there, cupcakes!" He hugged them.

"How are you doing? You look handsome tonight," said Hanni, pulling back. Jungwon looked dazzling in his v-neck striped shirt and black pants.

"Thanks. You look lovely yourself, Hanni."

Upon hearing that, Minji's eyes involuntarily landed on Hanni who's wearing a casual purple beach dress. She's already dazzled by Hanni even before they left their room earlier. She just couldn't find the courage to let Hanni know about it.

Jungwon tapped Minji's shoulder. "Hey, you all right? Come on, I'll show you your table."

"Where's the celebrant?" asked Minji.

"She's talking to some staff for the photoshoot tomorrow," said Jungwon, leading them the way.

"You have a shoot tomorrow?" asked Hanni.

"Yeah, but we have different schedules." Jungwon stopped upon reaching a circular table with a familiar person already sitting there.

"What's up, everybody?" said Wonyoung, standing up.

"Wonyoung!" Minji approached her friend for a hug.

"Thanks for coming, pal," said Jungwon, giving Wonyoung a handshake.

"No worries, anything for Haerin and you." Wonyoung shook back Jungwon's hand.

"Are you guys gonna be okay here?" asked Jungwon. "I have to leave now to entertain others. I'll be back with Haerin later."

"Don't worry. We're good. Catch you later." Wonyoung tapped Jungwon's shoulder. When he left, she waved at Hanni. "Hello there."

Hanni waved back. "Hi, Wonyoung. Nice seeing you here."

"I'm delighted to see you too, your highness." Wonyoung bowed. "Is it just me or do you look much prettier today compared to the last time I saw you?"

"Oh. Thanks." Hanni couldn't understand why a simple compliment matched with a pretty face like Wonyoung's made her blush.

Minji cleared her throat.

"If I knew you'd come, I could have brought Danielle with me," said Wonyoung.

"Nah. She doesn't know Hanni came here with me, dude," said Minji.

"Ah. Yeah. I forgot that you two are pretending," said Wonyoung, bringing a hand to her head. "I thought it was real!" She chuckled, playfully hitting Minji.

Hanni looked embarrassed too.

"Are you and Danielle officially together?" asked Minji, changing the topic.

"Yeah. We've been together for a month now," said Wonyoung. "We've been seeing each other almost every day since you introduced us."

Minji calculated the days in her mind. "Wow. You really are fast, aren't you? It was only last month when you last met."

"Psh." Wonyoung waved a hand. " What's the point of prolonging it when we both knew we liked each other, right? I told her I like her. I had to know what she feels to make sure that we won't waste each other's time."

Minji secretly smiled at that. It's like some unknown entities have been conspiring to make these two people—Yunjin and Wonyoung—tell her something about confessing her feelings.

She's not entertaining Yunjin's idea earlier but after hearing Wonyoung's point of view, she's somehow convinced that she should do it.

Jungwon and Haerin joined Minji, Hanni, and Wonyoung after entertaining the other guests. It was around past nine in the evening when their conversation started to get more interesting.

"Minji left that night drunk and was still confident that she could drive herself home. I asked her to stay in my place since we're both badly intoxicated." Wonyoung turned to Minji and pats her shoulder. "But this kid here was so persistent. She even told me 'I'm gonna call you once I got home,'" she mimicked Minji's drunken tone, making everyone laugh.

Minji felt embarrassed because she knows the outcome of the story. Haerin, who's sitting across from Minji, is already giggling.

"After two hours," said Wonyoung, raising two fingers, "I was surprised to receive a call from Minji's number. I was like 'oh, that bastard made it home alive'." All of them laughed again. "But then, when I answered, it wasn't Minji who called me. It was Haerin."

Minji and Haerin glanced at each other quickly.

"The moment I answered the phone, all I heard was sobbing." Wonyoung reenacted the scene and even mimicked Haerin's voice in a funny way. " 'Uhuhuhuh... Wonyoung... Minji's in the hospital... huhuhuhu...'"

All of them laughed again especially Haerin who's already hiding behind Jungwon's shoulder due to embarrassment.

"I admit my mistake. I'm never gonna drink and drive again, ever," said Minji.

"Well, you're actually lucky that you didn't run over and kill someone at that time." Wonyoung nudged Minji.

Minji eyed the table, feeling nostalgic somehow. "Yeah."

"Jeez, I missed those good old days with you guys," said Wonyoung, throwing quick glances at Minji and Haerin.

Although it may not sound that serious, Minji felt melancholy rushing down her chest. She peeked at Haerin's direction and caught the latter's eyes already fixed on her.

"I missed it too, dude," she said. Haerin smiled warmly at her.

"Come on, Minji. Let's go get some beer," said Wonyoung. She stood up and held Hanni's shoulders. "Princess, would you do the honor of allowing Minji to drink tonight?"

Hanni smiled sweetly. "Binge drink if you feel like to. Minji's not driving tonight so I don't mind."

"That's my girl." Wonyoung squeezed Hanni's shoulders before turning to Minji. "Come on, dude. Her highness has allowed you to drink tonight."

"I'll be quick." Minji squeezed Hanni's hand, and the latter nodded.

"Two beers, please?" Wonyoung playfully tapped her hands on the bar table.

Minji sat on the stool. "Just two beers? Are we drinking alone here?"

"Let's talk here for a while." Wonyoung grabbed the beer from the table and sip on it.

"But I can't leave Hanni alone there with Haerin and Jungwon."

"I just need a moment with you, dude. It won't be long."

Minji felt it was serious. "You have a problem?"

Wonyoung chuckled while she rotated the bottle in her palms. "It just feels weird, dude. You two were inseparable before."

Minji made eye contact with the table. She knew what this is all about.

"And look at you now, it's like you don't know each other. Both sitting beside somebody else." Wonyoung let out a disappointed chuckle. "What happened to you guys?"

"I really don't know, dude."

Wonyoung took another sip from the bottle. "It's depressing to see you two like this now. Everything was perfect before, right?"

Minji nodded. "Just you, me, and Haerin, nothing else matters."

Wonyoung has been her and Haerin's good friend since college. Wonyoung was also a big supporter of HaeMinji tandem. Although she's acting like the third wheel most of the time, their days won't be completed without Wonyoung in it.

Minji partly feels she's to blame for Wonyoung's anxiety because the breakup had cost their friendship too. And since Wonyoung is in the middle, she's having a hard time connecting with both of them again.

"It may not seem like it but I'm also affected by the things going on with the two of you," Wonyoung admitted. "The sad thing is I guess what happened before will just be a part of a memory."

That statement made Minji feel sad too. She patted Wonyoung on the shoulder to console her.

"Don't worry about me, dude. I just need to let it out." Wonyoung smiled. "Truth is, I'm happy for the both of you. Haerin is doing what she really wants. Jungwon seems to be a nice guy for her. You graduated from college and got a good job now, and Hanni... Okay. That doesn't count. You're only pretending."

"Tss..." Minji nudged Wonyoung. "Hanni may be pretending but I'm not."

Wonyoung, who's about to take another sip from the bottle, stopped with what she heard. "What the—"

"Yes, Wonyoung. Yes."

"Are you serious? Since when?"

"I realized it just this late December." Minji bit her lip and shook her head. "But she has no idea at all."

"Wow. I see you're enjoying this little acting you're doing now, huh?" said Wonyoung.

Minji sighed. "I don't think she feels the same way."

"Yeah. I remember Danielle telling me that Hanni is not into this. Plus her mom's homophobic," said Wonyoung, waving the tip of the bottle. "I couldn't believe it at first when you told me about the thing going on with the two of you."

Minji raised an eyebrow at that newfound information about Hanni's mom.

"What about Haerin?" Wonyoung threw another question. "Are you really over her? It's been only a year since she left, Min."

"At some point, I still am affected by Haerin's presence. I won't deny that," said Minji. "But everything feels so right with Hanni around. I feel like nothing else matters anymore, and whatever Jungwon and Haerin are doing, I don't care."

"What if, let's say Haerin and Hanni both confessed to you tonight. Who will you choose?"

Minji didn't have second thoughts. "I'd choose Hanni, dude. No questions about that."

Wonyoung looked relieved hearing that. "Any plans of confessing to her tonight? I can tell she's into you. And you really look good together."

Minji chuckled. "You're not the first person who told me that."

"Then what's holding you back?"

"I don't know. Maybe I'm afraid of rejection? I confessed nothing to Haerin before, remember?"

"Nothing ventured nothing gained, dude." Wonyoung grabbed the other bottle in front of her. "Need courage? Take this."

Minji stared at the bottle of beer with hesitation. "Do I really have to get drunk to do it?"

"Yes! Because you're very articulate when you're drunk."

"Do I really have to do it tonight?"

"No more questions. It has to be tonight. If that's not enough, I'll get you a courage potion." Wonyoung turned to the bartender. "Could you give us an Aftershock party pack?"

Minji bit her lower lip and stared at the bottle in her hand.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.1K 3.3K 43
Rich girl Kim Minji does not believe in love, cupid, and destiny. She believes at "There's no right one for the other one." What if she met her righ...
38.5K 1.8K 34
Wherein Haerin is a human-cat and Hanni is the owner. (Messy and random situation)
20.5K 904 17
In a school full of attractive people, Minji suddenly find herself choosing between 2 girls. Hanni and Haerin. Who will she choose? A love triangle b...
48.9K 3.1K 40
Hanni gets a text from an unknown number asking for nudes. How long will it take for her to accept the person as a "friend?" And what challenges will...