Indelible

By Daancer_16

Her Father found an amazing job in London... well more like he was forced there by his evil boss. His daughte... More

Prologue

1- First day

6 1 15
By Daancer_16

It's 6 am and I'm in my formal uniform a skirt that stops exactly 4 fingers above my knee, a pair of black socks that stop below my knee, a white puffy-sleeved button shirt, and a black-and-red waistcoat with the school name on it, a small sized tie around my neck, and a pair of black uniform shoes with a thick platform to give me a bit more height. Since I've noticed people here are over 5.8 ft, I started to feel small.

Today's temperature is fine however it's cloudy and my gut tells me to pack an umbrella, but what weirdo would take an umbrella on their first day of school?
I eat buttered toast as I grab my coat that reaches my knees, fetch my night-before-ready backpack and jump in my Dad's car.

-"Morning Quinn. How are you feeling?" My dad smiles as he fixes the car's mirrors.

-"I feel excited! Many great architecture teachers teach there." I skillfully take a sip of my milk mug without spilling it all over my expensive uniform, as my dad drives past many cars.

When we arrive we find out all the parking spots required for you to pay rent, which is totally ridiculous. So I ask my dad to drop me off at the main entrance so he wouldn't go through trouble.

-Well good luck, and take this umbrella, my gut is telling me it might rain."

-"What, no Dad, I'll probably lose it, you know me." I say as I open the car door.

-"You will take it and make your old man happy." He shoves it into my hands with a frown. I stop arguing and just take it with me.

-"Thank you I'll see you later, love you." I blow an invisible kiss in his direction as I walk to the main door.
The path is surrounded by the greenest grass I've ever seen, trimmed perfectly. A thin old man seems to cut the bushes surrounding de edges into perfect sharp squares.

-Good morning Sir." I wave at him with a bright smile. His face seemed confused as if he didn't realize I was talking to him. But once he realizes there is no one else I could be talking to, he waved and nodded back at me, focusing once again on his current task.

Starting the day with something positive to get in the mood to socialize since it's something I'll have to do.

I enter and the air instantly spells... expensive, I'm sure all the brats that go here are spoiled rich. I look around and find a student living room unoccupied leather sofas and a low center table with a fake potter succulent.

I sit on the edge of one and quickly opened my backpack, because yes, I have a printed copy of my schedule and the classrooms I'm having them, I also consider taking my headphones out, but that would just block everyone, and I need to ask people if they know where... classroom 1089 is. I scan my schedule and realize the class starts in 10 min, and I wanted to be there at least 5 minutes early.

I abruptly stand from my seat snatch my unclosed backpack and start speed walking, until I see an open elevator I just
decide to go in.

-"5 floors?! Why are there so many?" I question out loud, my old school basically consisted of 3 rooms, a cafeteria, and two classrooms.
I click the first floor since this is the floor is just the ground floor.

I desperately get off the elevator accidentally bumping into a blonde girl.

-"Sorry!" I look at her and wow... Blue eyes pink plump lips, and a supermodel body. She was beautiful.

-"No problem sweetheart." She smiled at me, but I had to move on.

1,000
Said a big golden plaque on a wall.
This must be it, I walk along the endless hallways. 1065.....1073....1083, 84...89
1089!!!!

I enter the room and everyone is standing up, the teacher hasn't arrived. A calmness I have never felt before took over me. I look around the walls of the room, searching for a clock, and when I finally see it, it's 8:25 am, five minutes early.

I walk past everyone trying to get a seat in the middle, perfect to see, perfect to still get away with some things. I sit on my new wooden desk engraved with the school's logo, a shield-like shape with a roaring lion, I caress the carvings with the tips of my fingers, admiring how beautifully made it is.

Until someone almost sits on my hand I look up and see this random dude sitting on my desk his back facing me, what does this brat think he's doing?

-"Excuse me?" I try to get his attention when I realize he's kissing the blonde girl I saw before, it must be her boyfriend...

-"All right I have to go." The guy sitting at my desk stands and hugs the blonde I met.

-"Bye-bye, babe." She giggles and when he walks out the door she looks at me.

-"Oh hey you're the clumsy girl that bumped into me! Did we bother you?" She smiles wiping her messed up pink lipstick.

-"Yeah a little bit, your man almost sat on my hand." I laugh sitting back down.

-"I'm so sorry! My name is Audrey." She stretches a perfectly manicured hand for me to shake.

-"I'm Quinn, nice to meet you." I firmly shake her hand. That's exactly when the teacher enters, and Audrey quickly takes the seat beside me.

***

-"I can't believe that's all we saw!" I complain to Audrey as we lower the stairs instead of taking the elevator to the ground floor.

-"What do you mean?! That math class was the end of me." We both laugh as we enter the cafeteria. Audrey is really nice, at least I found a friend.

As she pays for her food I take out my lunch, I can't be wasting that amount of money for some pasta, I prefer my homemade sandwich with my carrots and nuts.

-"Girl I have to sit with my boyfriend, you want to tag along?" She asks me as she reserves her warm plate of pasta.

-"Oh no, I'm not third wheeling no one." I laugh covering my mouth since I already took a bite of my sandwich.

-"Are you sure? Where else will you sit?" Her concern makes me smile.

-"Hey! You think you're my only friend? I do have someone else to sit with, so don't worry about me." I smile and start walking to those seats I saw when I first entered.
I flop down and finish the rest of my lunch.

Of course, I have no other friends, I just arrived here, one month later than everyone else, and of course, everyone already has their friend group I was just lucky Audrey decided to be nice.

I take out my headphones and start to plant music as I scan my small to-do list notebook.

I find a guy walking by and decide to ask him.

-" Um hey, I need to go to the principal's office, or somewhere I can get service, do you know where that is." I say taking off my headphones and letting them hang around my neck.

The tall guy looks down at me, and when we make eye contact his, green eyes scan me up and down, making me self-conscious.

-"I'm heading there, I can guide you." His voice with a low thick accent, makes me wonder if every guy here is like this.
He starts to walk. A guy with Light brown hair, freckles, tall and buff... I can feel myself blush.

-"So you're freshman?" He asks as I walk beside him.

-"Yes, but I'm going to ask if they can upgrade me a grade, I already saw what I'm seeing in class now." I cross my arms as frown remembering my annoyance towards those teachers.

-"Oh and I'm also requesting to take the extracurricular architecture classes."
I notice I'm babbling about my plans, so I decide to remain quiet.

-"Your smile is beautiful." He looks down at me. And I feel like my head is about to explode, my stomach clutching with excitement.

-"Ahem, so why are you visiting the office?" I try to change the subject.

-"Hm, I'm going to bail my friend out of detention." He scratches his head.

-"Why is your friend in detention? And most importantly why are you bailing him out?" I'm startled by the fact that this nice guy would be friends with someone like that.

-"Well he kinda got into a fight, and broke the other dude's nose, sooo...."
He avoids my eyes.

-"And how are you going to "bail" him out?" I make imaginary quotation marks with my fingers.

-"I'm going to pretend I need him for a project, it always works." He stops and I stop, and I realize we are here. He opens the wooden door and signals me with his hand to enter.

I enter and look to my right, I see a woman sitting behind a heavy and chunky-looking desk.

-"Good Morning, I'm here to request Marcus Allen, I need him to help me film a video." He walks past me and I feel so out of place... so I just trail behind him.

-"Oh you'll have to speak to the detention department about that." Her face remains on her computer.

He grabs my wrist and drags me behind him, I guess he knows where the detention department is. He shoves open both doors to reveal just one really buff guy sitting there on his phone, dried blood on his nose, his uniform shirt untucked and unbuttoned.

-"Marcus hurry up." He places his hands in his pockets, letting go of my hand, with made me feel sad.

-"Tch, shut up, I'm the one always saving your ass, plus I could have left whenever I wanted, I just wanted to miss physics." He lazily walks in our direction, and I can't help but take a step back.

-"Oh, what are you doing Liam, dating foreign country chicks now?" He starts to crackle with laughter. Liam, that's his name I start to fidget with my hands looking down.

-"You know I'm with Audrey right now." He rolls his eyes and looks at me.

-"Oh so I can fuck her?" That makes me jump and look up just to see a sly smile on his face. Who does he think he is, that's so vulgar and disrespectful.

-"Well I have to go now." I try to avoid them as I turn around, but Liam catches my arm.

-"I didn't catch your name, can I get your number." My heart started to flutter.

-"I'm Quinn Willow." I grin trying to suppress my happiness.

-"I'm Liam Smith." He stares into my eyes.
-"What about your number." He starts to reach for his phone.

-"Oh um, I don't have a phone." I clutch my backpack's straps. My parents don't have enough money and I'm currently looking for a part-time job.

-"Pfft! What looser doesn't have a phone." Marcus starts to laugh at me.

-"I'm sure a rich brat like you wouldn't understand." I cross my arms and start striding out of the office.

-"Not my fault your some poor beggar." I ignore him as I see that Liam shoves him to the side a smile on his face. Turns out they aren't that different explains why they are friends.

Just as I exit I feel my anger fade and sadness starts to tease my eyes I start looking for the woman's restroom, I can't let anyone see me cry.

How could they say that, the fact that my social status is lower doesn't make me any less of a person, anger seeps back into my head making me want to stop crying, anger is better than sadness, that's what I live by.

***

The rest of the day passes like a breeze I'm glad Marcus and Liam aren't in none of my classes.
I had forgotten why I even went to the office, so I stopped by and they told me I'll have to do a test to see if they can pump me up a grade, and if I approve they are going to let me take second-year architecture classes.
I tell my mom as I eat at my house's table.
She sounded really excited for me and told me to ignore those brats.

-"Money doesn't define your value." She kissed my forehead.

-"I found a part-time job for you with me." My mom works a part-time job at a nearby grocery store, guess I'll be working there now, and I hope I can save up for a phone, until then I'll have to continue printing everything.

~
~
~
All right, this ep was mainly an introduction... we will start the good stuff soon.🫢😏

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 66.1K 59
π’πœπžπ§π­ 𝐨𝐟 π‹π¨π―πžγ€’ππ² π₯𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐒𝐞𝐬 γ€ˆπ›π¨π¨π€ 1〉 π‘Άπ’‘π’‘π’π’”π’Šπ’•π’†π’” 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕 ✰|| 𝑺𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂 𝑴�...
137K 7.6K 40
𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 πŽππ„ πŽπ… π“π‡π„πˆπ‘ π…π€πˆπ“π‡ π’π„π‘πˆπ„π’ Aarohi and Siddharth's tale began unexpectedly at her brother's wedding. Their connection spa...
270K 31K 78
#Book-2 of Hidden Marriage Series. πŸ”₯❀️ This book is the continuation/sequel of the first book "Hidden Marriage - Amazing Husband." If you guys have...
408K 12.4K 37
The Sokolov brothers are everything most girls want. Intimidating, tall, broody, they are everything to lust after. Not that they... particularly car...