Ghost Boy (Hanako x Male!Rea...

Oleh Glitchy_1987

You are one of Nene Yashiro's friends. After helping Yashiro summon one of the Seven Wonders, your life spira... Lebih Banyak

Playlist
Hanako-Kun (Edited)
Yousei-san (Edited)
The Misaki Stairs (Part One)(Edited)
The Misaki Stairs (Part-Two) (Edited)
The Confession Tree (Edited)
The 4 O'Clock Library (Edited)
The Boys Who Changed Their Future (Edited)
Donuts For A Murderer (Edited)
The Young Exorcist's Older Brother (Edited)
That's What Friends Are For, Right? (Edited)
Oyasumi (Edited)
Tea Party (Edited)
Found Memories (Edited)
Half Way Through One Shot! (Edited)
Missing (Edited)
Yugi Amane: Hanako-san Of The Girl's Bathroom (Edited)
Are We Still Friends? (Edited)
God Of Death (Edited)
Kannagi (Edited)
Sumire-Chan (Edited)
A View Of The Stars (Edited)
Caged Animals (Edited)
Nene, Aoi, And Sumire (Edited)
Ghost Boys (Edited)
White Space (Edited)
Clean Slate (Edited)
Ending Author's Note

Teru, Akane, And Aoi (Edited)

166 6 7
Oleh Glitchy_1987

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." - Albert Einstein

----------

The sun was setting suspensefully slow. Akane didn't think that a sunset would exist in such a place as this, but it was beautiful nonetheless, colors of pink and orange blending into blue, starting their fading into a deep, endless black. The clouds looked pink instead of a fluffy white, none of the clouds shaded over the sun, so it was still bright. But there was no sun to be seen, nowhere to be found where its golden yellow slowly started disappearing.

Akane wasn't the only one surprised to see Teru here, Aoi was as well. She tried her best to not show it, but Teru could tell she wasn't expecting him to be here, especially right now. But here he was, in all his glory, Teru Minamoto, the sword used for exorcizing apparitions in hand, smiling cockily. "Don't give me that attitude," Teru smirked, "I came all this way to save you, you know," He said cockily. The hand that didn't bear his weapon shifted and rested on his hip sassily.

"You came to help us? You out of all people?" Akane questioned, the sass of his own peeking through.

"Did you forget that it's Urabon? Technically, I am the eldest of my family of exorcists. So, I did a patrol around the school, and found the place swarming with supernaturals." Teru explained and started fishing into his pocket, pulling out a pair of glasses. Akane quickly realized they belonged to him.

"Then I found these lying on the ground. I guessed you were in some kind of trouble." Teru tossed the glasses and Akane stumbled to catch them, being able to get a hold of them before they fell into the watery surface of the floor.

"So, now, here I am to save you! To be honest, I'm surprised to find you so close to the far shore," Teru bowed his head, "I'm sorry it took so long," He sounded genuine in his apology.

"Don't say sorry, it's kind of disturbing to hear you apologizing," Akane dismissed, a little unsettled. Was this the real Teru? Akane knew him as a tease and would always mess with Akane and threaten to exorcize him. Hearing Teru apologize to him almost seemed fake, no matter how real he sounded.

Teru smiled and turned his sword so the handle was facing Akane and Aoi, keeping the weapon at his side. He wordlessly walked to Akane, slamming the handle into his stomach, right in his wound. Akane's eyes widened and he gasped, doubling over and cradling his stomach, falling to his knees. Aoi gaped and stared at the struggling Akane for a few seconds, then kneeled next to him, checking if he was alright. Surprisingly, there wasn't much blood spill. But Aoi could see some specks of blood creep through the cloth she used to wrap him up.

"What the hell was that for!?" Akane shouted painfully, glaring up at the smirking Teru. "You really are a mess, aren't you?" He said, holding back a laugh, "I would suggest you stay in the form you're in now, at least until you're fully healed. You're still alive because of that Clock Keeper form. Worst-case scenario, if you change back to your normal human form, you'll die on the spot." He said, showing no hints of concern for Akane, simply telling him his factual thoughts. Akane coughed a little and moved to sit up on his knees, trying to recover from Teru's unexpected assault.

Aoi moved away from Akane, thinking to herself. She looked at her hands, her fingertips were pruning from how much water splashed them. So much was happening all at once. She had many questions to ask once they all got out of this place. She stood, ringing out her clothes to the best of her ability, but they were still heavy and soppy.

"I think it's about time we get going," Teru pushed, "We're just a jump away from the far shore, the living shouldn't be here at all. We can't stick around for too long," He said, turning to move and not bothering to help Akane get up. He struggled for a few seconds but was able to get a hold of his bearings and stand. Aoi moved to help him, grabbing his arm and helping to pull him upright. Akane had trouble taking his first few steps, but the pain eventually subdued, and he could walk somewhat normally again.

The sun was almost gone completely from the Earth, never to be seen until the next morning. Darkness finally set its death gaze onto the world, clouds becoming invisible, no longer pink, the sky looking like an endless black hole, no moon, and no stars, but there was still light. How was that? How long had Akane and Aoi been here? Akane had no idea how dangerous this place was, he never saw a threat. But then again, that didn't mean there wasn't any danger.

"Why don't we just use the door you walked through to get here?" Akane asked after a few seconds of deafening silence, noticing that they were now entering an unknown building. Teru seemed like he knew the place like the back of his hand, guiding down long corridors and big rooms. "That door only works one way," He answered, looking behind himself, "It isn't as easy as you think to leave this place."

Something caught Teru's eye when he looked back, there was something behind Aoi. He gripped his sword and ran back past Akane who looked at him with surprise. "Pardon me," Teru said calmly while maneuvering around Aoi, pushing her aside lightly while stabbing the apparition that stalked behind her. Aoi gasped and closed her eyes, running forward, away from the danger. How long had it been shadowing her?

"Everyone alright?" Teru asked, removing his sword from the apparition's now-dead body. It was fish-like, with dark green scales and a head with razor-sharp teeth, and giant eyes staring right into the souls of its prey. Small arms protruded from its body, six in total, three claws for hands that looked as sharp as knives and could cut through anything. It unsettled Aoi and Akane beyond repair. "Y-Yes. . .'' Akane replied timidly, shaking his head and looking away from the fish-monster.

"We're quite a ways away from the near shore, so the only things around here are supernaturals who have existed since the beginning of time. We best be careful," Teru explained, tapping the apparition's head lightly with his foot. Aoi was shaking, there were more of them?

"There aren't that many, though. But they're persistent and tough to beat, the near-shore rules don't apply to them." Teru warned, starting to walk back towards Akane and Aoi, taking his place as the leader of the group, continuing his way forward as if nothing happened. Akane looked worriedly at Aoi, who looked back at him fearfully. They both took a shaky breath and followed closely behind Teru. Aoi made sure to look behind herself every once in a while.

Teru led them through the big building. It was run-down and had many holes and gaps in the walls and ceiling. It was dark, and as the sun continued its journey downward, it only got darker. Teru led the way up a ramp in the center of the room, it was randomly placed and Akane wondered why it was there in the first place. A ramp in the middle of the room? It didn't make sense.

As they climbed up the ramp, the water at their feet slowly decreased, and eventually, they no longer could hear the splashes of moving water and now only clicks of footsteps against concrete. The ramp stopped moving upward and finally leveled out, Akane could see further up ahead there was an opening to a new area, the exit of the big building.

But then a clicking sound stopped everyone in their movements. Teru turned around and smiled, chuckling. "Speak of the devil," Akane turned, gawking. "I would start running if I were you!" Teru shouted happily. Aoi yelped and sprinted forward, Akane right behind her. "Can't you just get rid of them!?" Akane yelled.

"It's much more fun to run, don't you think?" Teru responded, rushing the two forward.

"You're loving this, aren't you?" Akane said angrily while pushing Aoi to run faster.

"Just get rid of them!" Aoi screeched, her legs starting to give out and her breath shortening, her lungs couldn't take much more. Teru sighed sadly and stopped running. "When you reach that opening turn right, there should be a cave-like area with a waterfall, you should be safe there," Teru called as Aoi and Akane passed him. They didn't bother to respond but heard Teru, following his instruction once they reached the exit.

Teru pointed his weapon far in front of him, blue sparks started erupting from the blade. He smirked and charged forward.

* * *

Akane slumped against the rocky wall, sliding down and gasping for air. Aoi wasn't too far away from him, hands on her knees, panting. The waterfall helped mask their tired breaths with its loud falling water. The cave was dark and moist, the air making it seem hotter than it was.

Akane was surprised to see that beyond the thin waterfall, it was bright as if it were the middle of the day. Bright light invaded the cave, blinding Akane whenever he looked past the glistening water. The waterfall fell into a low river that led to an area only Teru would know. Akane closed his eyes, his lungs finally being able to take in a full breath of oxygen. His tongue was dry so he closed his mouth, breathing through his nose until his mouth wasn't as dry as a desert anymore.

"Do you think he'll be alright?" Aoi asked after catching her breath.

"He should be fine," Akane responded, opening his eyes and standing, still leaning against the wall. He was confident in Teru, there wasn't a single apparition that Teru was afraid of. That's why Akane was always threatened by his teasing, if Teru wanted to get rid of him, he could within a second.

"Yes, he should be," Teru said, entering the cave while sheathing his exorcizing sword. Just a few moments ago, Akane and Aoi were breathing as heavily as a tornado's winds, but Teru didn't seem to have as much as a bead of sweat trickling down his face, almost as if he were superhuman. He might as well be at this point.

Teru walked to Aoi, handing her an item. She looked at it, a beautiful blue gem lined with gold and held together by small silver beads. "What's this?" She asked, thinking it was some kind of jewelry, but it was way too big for her wrist and too small to pass as a necklace.

"It's an amulet, it'll protect you from hostile supernaturals. Hold onto it, yeah? Make sure to not lose it," Teru said, giving Aoi a kind smile, one that Akane'd never seen. Aoi wondered why Teru gave it to her, but she thanked him nonetheless.

"Now, we should be safe here now. So, it's about time you two start talking." Teru walked so he was in front of both Aoi and Akane, sitting cross-legged. "What are you two doing in a place like this?" He asked, leaning back on his hands, "I mean, it makes sense for Aoi. But I didn't expect you to be here, Akane," He cocked his head to the side, awaiting an answer. Akane and Aoi looked at each other for a few seconds, silently coming up with how to explain everything.

"I went to Number Six's boundary to save Aoi, and ended up here," Akane said, making it as short and simple as possible.

"Number Six kidnapped me, and then these small creatures drugged me. . .And I ended up here," Aoi answered after Akane, also quick and simple. Teru rested his arm over his knee, his fist going under his chin in thought. "Number Six, huh?" He mumbled.

"You know him?" Akane questioned. Teru shrugged, "Sort of. There used to be a small village where this school was built. And they carried out human sacrifices, y'know, ritualistic killings and such." He said casually, waving his hand around. Akane shivered, "That's a lot to take in," He said. Aoi didn't say anything, but she was clearly as surprised as Akane. Sacrifices? Were their bodies buried under the school? At this school of all places? How many people died and nobody ever knew about it? It was a slap-in-the-face kind of information. A sacrificial killing spot, now a place of learning for children and teens.

"Furthermore, a certain family was given a certain special standing for raising the girls who would be sacrificed. That family being the Akane family." Teru gestured to Aoi. "That would be your ancestors!" He said, smiling.

"I. . .Had no idea. . ." Aoi mumbled, shaken. "That's how Number Six came to be. He was assigned to keep an eye on all the girls who were being sacrificed, to make sure they didn't run away. Ever since this school's been built, he's been the Sixth Wonder, but his principle is to make sure this land stays unchanged." Teru explained. Akane wondered how he knew all of this from the top of his head. Teru always knew this kind of stuff, to the smallest of details that didn't even matter. Akae wondered how much studying Teru did to memorize all of it.

"So, we go to school on cursed grounds?" Akane asked. "Something like that," Teru answered simply, shrugging his shoulders. Akane shivered.

"Have you ever wondered about what the Seven Mysteries really are?" Teru questioned Akane. Akane cocked his head to the side, "What do you mean? The School Mysteries are School Mysteries, right? Just ghost stories, every school has them. You're saying there's more to them?" Being a 'School Mystery' himself, Akane was confused as to why Teru was questioning him as to what the Mysteries really are.

The waterfall started to quiet down in its harsh-full downpour, almost as if it was leaning in closer to hear what Teru was about to say, shushing itself.

"Our Seven Mysteries are a little unique. They're still supernaturals that strike fear into students, sure, but they're also the pillars of this school, tasked with serving as the school's guardians."

"Pillars?" Akane questioned. Teru was talking about the supernaturals as if they were Gods over simple School Wonders. "The support of this school. But recently, the Seven Mysteries have been falling from power. One by one. Who do you think would be doing that? I'm sure there's someone who comes to mind," Immediately, Hanako, M/n, and Nene popped into Akane's head. Ever since those three, everything has been going down to hell, especially the School Wonders.

"You better be careful around that evil spirit, He's going to come for Number One's Yorishiro eventually," Teru spoke cautiously, looking hard at Akane. Akane took a deep breath, he needed to be prepared to protect his Yorishiro.

"Well, I think that was enough time for a break, yeah? Let's continue," Teru said after a few moments of tense silence. Akane nodded and looked back at Aoi, reaching his hand out to her. She looked at it for a few moments, then took hold of it, following closely behind Akane. Teru watched the small scene unfold between Aoi and Akane, he smiled and chuckled. "Just down the river and a few turns and we'll be right there,"

Teru was lying when he said it was just down the river and a few turns, in Akane's opinion, at least. From how Teru explained, the walk would only be a mere half hour or so, maybe less. But here they were, an hour later, still running from supernaturals, Teru only slaying them until the last moment, being the teasing asshole Akane's always known him as. He made sure Aoi was always by his side, and Aoi made sure she was as well, grasping hard onto the pendant Teru gifted her. Akane thought it was a fake, but it worked when a supernatural happened to stalk up behind her, which happened often. Akane didn't like those supernaturals, it was as if they were coming after Aoi and Aoi alone. Teru always had to run right behind Aoi to be able to slay it.

Aoi admired the scenery during the long walk. From striding down the glistening river to climbing up more old platforms, and twists and turns through buildings, and areas of barren land. This area wasn't like before, it was bright and full of life, but the only life to show would be those horrifying supernaturals, which weren't even alive to begin with. She thought an area like this would hold exotic animals and plants, ones she'd never seen before. But the area was nothing but supernaturals, something dead that looked alive. While on their walk, Aoi started wondering, who was this Number Seven Teru and Akane were talking about? They called it, Hanako, right? What was its purpose in all of this? She wondered. Apparently, Hanako was dangerous, and she fully believed that. If both Teru and Akane talked about Hanako with caution, Aoi should as well.

One more left turn and the three were met with a cave-like area. The domain was huge, with a hole at the top to let in an abundance of light. There were curtains draped all along the walls, the fabric shining when the bright light of the sun bounced off their soft, stained surfaces.

Akane stared at what was up ahead. There was nothing. Nothing but a wall, draped with curtains. "So, what now?" He asked, sure of himself, that Teru wouldn't lead them to a dead-end. Teru wordlessly answered by walking up to the wall, bringing his hand up to his mouth. His canines ripped into his index finger, drawing blood. Teru didn't wince, not once. He moved aside the curtains and drew a word in a language Akane couldn't understand. The bloody word sunk into the rocky surface of the wall, completely disappearing.

Within a blink of an eye, the wall was no longer there. Now, there lay an entrance to a dark cavern. Wisps of fog coated the floor, ominous. Aoi gasped and gripped Akane's hand tightly. Akane looked down at their intertwined hands, then back up to Teru.

"The mortal realm is right through here," Teru said, presenting the entrance. "Once you walk in here, don't look back. No matter what happens. You'll never be able to go back and will forever stay in between the near and far shores." He said seriously, looking hard at Akane and Aoi. Akane gripped Aoi's hand tighter, protective of her. Teru walked in first, and Akane followed cautiously behind, forcing Aoi to come along, putting her at the back of the group once more.

Instantaneously, everything was swallowed into darkness. The entrance had closed itself back up, and now there was nothing but blackness. It was eerie, and it felt hot and humid. A bead of sweat formed on Akane's brow, sliding down his face. "It's really dark down here," He spoke, his words echoed, bouncing off the thick walls of the cave.

"I can't see a thing," Aoi mumbled, looking around and seeing nothing. She refused to look behind herself. Akane moved to look a ways ahead of Teru. "But I see a light on the other side," He spoke with hope-filled in his lungs. Aoi mumbled something, but Akane didn't hear her.

Aoi bowed her head down in thought. This was a mere few minute walk and they'd all be back at the school, safe and sound. "Hey, Akane," She called quietly, but loud enough for Akane to hear. He hummed, urging her to continue. "I'm. .I'm sorry. That you got hurt." She took a breath, "And. .I've done such bad things to you, Nene, and M/n." she spoke, ashamed of herself, letting the feelings of guilt and karma rush and plow right into her.

"Don't worry about it," Akane said, "It's not like it's all your fault."

"But-" Aoi started.

"It's all right." Akane interrupted. "You can apologize to them. I'll go with you." He comforted. Aoi's eyes widened. She wouldn't have to be alone? After all these years of being surrounded by people, and yet, still the loneliest person in the school, she won't be alone? She gave a small smile, knowing Akane couldn't see it. "Okay," She answered quietly.

Aoi felt a small blush forming on her cheeks, warmth spreading like a snake across her face. "Akane?" She asks.

"Yeah?" Akane answered.

"I. . .I really like. .Giraffes." Aoi said, letting her hand loosen itself from Akane's. Akane sputtered and started to turn back to look at her. He quickly caught himself and kept his gaze forward. He heard Teru let out a quiet, confused chuckle.

"Well. . .Where's this coming from?" He asked, keeping his hold on Aoi's small hand. "I don't get to see them very often. . .I don't like crowds," she trailed off, feeling her blush grow, warming her face more.

"Are you saying you want to go to the zoo?" He asked her, a smile forming on his face. She didn't answer him, but Akane knew that's what she wanted to do, the silence said it all.

"Well, now I told you what I like. I want to know what you like," Aoi broke the silence.

"Me?" Akane said, glancing at Aoi. "I like you, Aoi." He answered and moved forward. Aoi almost completely stopped in her tracks, surprised by Akane's answer. She felt tears prick the corners of her eyes. She brought her loose hand to her face, wiping her tears.

Thoughts raced through her mind, but one was prominent: I should've said that I liked him, too.

Akane took his first step into the light. He closed his eyes from the brightness. It hurt his eyes, but he was relieved to finally see something other than complete darkness. He opened his eyes, his amber irises meeting a long hallway in the school. He gaped, "Are we back?" He asked, already knowing the answer. Teru leaned against the wall, glancing at Akane and then down to his shoes.

"We're here Aoi!" Akane said excitedly, pulling her forward with him. But she didn't follow him.

She wasn't there at all. No longer behind Akane, holding his hand. There was no longer warmth in the hand that held Aoi's. Akane looked down at his vacant hand, then up to where Aoi should be. Nowhere to be seen.

"Aoi?" Akane mumbled. "Where. . .Are you?"

----------

The ding of the elevator chimed, ringing out and echoing throughout the empty classroom. Nene was the first to run out of the elevator, stretching her short limbs. Sumire followed suit, standing next to Nene. Nene grabbed Sumire's hands and started jumping up and down. "We made it! We made it!" She shouted joyously. Sumire smiled and laughed. "I was worried," She said, sighing off her frets. M/n laughed at Nene's antics, yawning and doing a quick stretch. "It feels good to be back," He said happily.

"So, she didn't make it after all," Hanako said from beside M/n. He looked at the Wonder quizzically. "Who?" He asked.

"It makes sense that she didn't make it. She's not a normal human, not supernatural, not a person with special powers." Hanako continued, not giving any explanation as to who he was talking about. M/n turned to him. "Who are you talking about?" He asked. Hanako smiled at him. "She was too close to the far shore, and is now one with the dead." M/n looked at Hanako with frustration. He took Hanako's hand and dragged him out of the classroom and down the hall, away from the celebrating girls.

"Did something happen? Who's dead?" M/n asked, taking hold of Hanako's shoulders. M/n wasn't expecting the apparition to hug him, so he was surprised when Hanako's arms wrapped around his neck, forcing him to bend down to Hanako's stature. "Yashiro's death has been called off, another Kannagi has been sacrificed in her place. All of that girl's remaining lifespan will be transferred to Yashiro."

"Wait, so you're saying Nene isn't going to die?" M/n asked, and happiness started to spread through his chest. He hugged Hanako back tightly, bringing him closer.

"But. . .who died in her place?" M/n whispered. For a few seconds, there were no answers from Hanako.

"That girl with violet hair." He eventually answered. M/n let go of Hanako, pulling away from him. "Aoi?" He questioned slowly. Hanako smiled and waved a hand, "That girl seemed like she wanted to stay on the far shore anyways, it's a win-win!" He said, smiling innocently up at M/n. M/n shook his head and roughly took hold of Hanako's shoulders, shaking him a bit. "No, it's not a win-win! Aoi's dead!" He shouted, the feeling of water filling his eyes, every time he blinked a fresh tear leaked down his face.

After everything. Everything! Just when they all get back, one has to die! This was too sudden!

"It's for the best," Hanako said.

"How is this better!?" M/n asked harshly.

"Because Yashiro isn't going to die." M/n let his hold on Hanako soften. "But Aoi. . ."

"They both would've died if this hadn't happened," Hanako said. "She didn't want to live anymore, anyways. Like I said, win-win." His voice didn't falter.

M/n took a deep breath, letting it out and taking his hands off Hanako's shoulders. "So. . .what now?" He asked.

"It's time for us to say goodbye to Yashiro."

"What do you mean?" M/n asked.

"Now, our time's up," Hanako answered. He smiled, "I'm gonna miss her. Are you?"

----------

"Hanako, Hanako, Hanako."

"Will you grant my wish?"

"Your wish is granted, Yashiro."

----------

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

2.9K 150 36
You were the person no one noticed, in social interactions you were always ignored by your friends or simply left aside, being totally ignored by eve...
5.9K 121 15
- Nene Yashiro awakens to find herself purely made from stone as the fountain girl in the academy's practice garden. She only has a bit of her memor...
4.5K 117 14
Amane Yugi and y/n Hiroshima. Y/n became friends with Yugi and ever since she friended him. He fell head over heals for her. And so did she. Y/n LOVE...
30.5K 1K 22
*CONTAINS MANGA SPOILERS* Manipulation, lying, fear. After Yashiro Nene becomes aware that her life is coming to an end, the trio struggle with how t...