Prodigy Idol Sunfish

By minimiru

[Everything is fine but you will die no matter what you do ★] [Synonym for a shitty game of luck ★] [Is there... More

Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 6
Episode 7
Episode 8
Episode 9
Episode 10
Episode 11
Episode 12
Episode 13
Episode 14
Episode 15
Episode 16
Episode 17
Episode 18
Episode 19
Episode 20
Episode 21
Episode 22
Episode 24
Episode 25
Episode 26
Episode 27
Episode 28
Episode 29
Episode 30
Episode 31
Episode 32
Episode 33
Episode 34
Episode 35
Episode 36
Episode 37
Episode 38
Episode 39
Episode 40
Episode 41
Episode 42
Episode 43
Episode 44
Episode 45
Episode 46
Episode 47
Episode 48
Episode 49
Episode 50
Episode 51
Episode 52
Episode 53
Episode 54
Episode 55
Episode 56
Episode 57
Episode 58
Episode 59
Episode 60
Episode 61
Episode 62

Episode 23

3.4K 145 59
By minimiru

TL by Miru

I'm a Genius Idol but My Passive is Sunfish: Episode 23

* * *

Now, social media has become as much an integral part of Boksoong's life as breathing.

Boksoong was fully immersed in a wisely devoted fan life as she gazed upon the posts streaming down her timeline.

However, something strange caught Boksoong's attention.

- A fight between Neoyeon and Huinya

//TN: Neoyeon = Yuyeon's search prevention name, Huinya = Baekya's search prevention name.

'Neoyeon? Huinya?'

Could it be referring to Yuyeon and Baekya? Puzzled, Boksoong checked the profile of the other person.

An egg-shaped profile picture. It was the default setting automatically set when creating a new account. Those accounts, with an egg profile picture, were known as the 'egg account'.

Boksoong only followed accounts with Baekya and DASE members in their profiles, so she was not acquainted with this person.

It seemed like one of her friends retweeted it and the post ended up flowing to her.

'No, but they're fighting?'

Was this why journalists pulled out provocative headlines even though they were being criticized and called trashy? Boksoong felt a strong urge to click.

"Fine. I'll be the judge of that."

An odd sense of unwavering confidence surged forth. Like that, Boksoong opened the Pandora's box.

The timeline of that egg account had quite a few posts. Among the written posts, there were occasional retweets from other egg accounts.

- How long has it even been since Daydol debuted, and there are already rumors of a feud?

└ Isn't it obvious? The center and the popular member are getting on each other's nerves.

- Huinya's seems to have amazing tact. I feel so sorry when I see him in the homma's photos.

- Seems like Vyeon has a temper. Look at the other members being crushed under his thumb.

Daydol must have referred to DASE and Vyeon must be another euphemism for Yuyeon. No one explicitly explained, but Boksoong could sense it. It was a moment where her top-level reading comprehension skills shone.

However, as she looked further, worries started creeping in. She vowed not to be swayed, yet her heart sank when she heard rumors of a feud.

'Our peach should only walk on a flowery path...!'

But to think there are rumors of a feud!

The members seemed to have a good relationship, but among them, it was Baekya who seemed to be the closest to Yuyeon.

'Their chemistry shown on the radio program couldn't have been just for show!'

After the radio broadcast, it was ridiculous that the two people who were playfully called 'Chickz' among fans were supposedly in a jealous rivalry. It didn't make any sense.

Boksoong quickly returned to her timeline. It felt like she would lose her mind if she kept reading.

- 2X0130 MuStay outing #Baekya #Jihan (Baekya Jihan.jpg)

- Is our baby very tired? He looks especially exhausted today

- Peach heading to work! He looks somewhat drained ㅜㅜ (Baekya.jpg)

- 2X0130 Peach and Rabbit, MuStay outing (Baekya Minsung.jpg)

However, upon closer inspection, there wasn't a single photo with Yuyeon. Not during their commutes, nor even when going out during breaks. Baekya and Yuyeon were always keeping their distance.

Before she knew it, Boksoong's worries began to extend.

Right. Since she had already opened Pandora's box out of curiosity, Boksoong decided to search for 'Huinya'.

That was when an unexpectedly large number of search results poured in. Driven by determination, Boksoong stumbled upon stories that seemed to explain the reason behind the two's apparent conflict.

- It's not even a feud, just a typical high schoolers' hierarchical reshuffling

"Hierarchical reshuffling?"

Boksoong's head became even more disarrayed.

* * *

The subjects of the alleged feud at that time.

Baekya, who had bought lunch for the members along with Jihan, approached Yuyeon and spoke to him.

"Hyung. Eat this."

"Tch, tch! Is that how you speak to your hyung-nim?"

"...Please, eat this."

"Okay."

The way he accepted the sandwich was infinitely arrogant. Yuyeon showed no hesitation in his actions. The only one left feeling irritated by this condescending attitude was Baekya.

"Hey, but you didn't use any honorifics with me either, did you?"

The somewhat resentful Baekya protested.

"Oho. I told you I'd forgive you out of generosity if you serve me as your hyung-nim for a month."

Including the pre-debut training period, it had been about five months. Yuyeon, who had thought Baekya was older than him, discovered that Baekya's birthday was a whole month later than his, making Baekya the younger 'same-age friend'.

It was true that Yuyeon was grabbing Baekya by the back of his neck. However, unlike the rumors that spread quietly, it didn't escalate to a feud.

There was an agreement between the two parties that if Baekya served Yuyeon as his 'hyung-nim' for a month, Yuyeon would forget what happened and be a friend.

Of course, during this time, Yuyeon stealthily attempted to assert himself, trying to rival both Yulmu and Jihan, but he failed due to the impenetrable iron walls created by the two resolute individuals.

"Oh my. If you have any complaints, why don't you tell on me to someone?"

However, sinners had no right to speak.

'Hold it in. Let's hold it in.'

Baekya kept his mouth shut and bowed politely.

"How could that be, hyung-nim? Please, enjoy your meal and if you are uncomfortable anywhere, feel free to call for me anytime."

Baekya took steps backward in slow strides. And the other members whispered as they observed the two people.

"Are they filming a historical drama...? Why are their speaking like that? It's more like a king and his slave rather than a hyung-dongsaeng treatment."

Yulmu glanced at Baekya and Yuyeon with a disgruntled look.

"Leave it alone."

In case Yulmu would say something to make things worse, Jihan swiftly shoved the unwrapped sandwich into Yulmu's mouth. It was a silent command for him to shut up.

"Right. How impressive is that? They didn't fight and managed to solve it like that."

Minsung just contently smiled, as if he was enjoying watching his grandchildren's playful banter.

"They both talk like grandpas."

Chung looked at Yuyeon and Baekya with strange eyes.

So, contrary to the worries of some fans, the waiting room remained peaceful. It was harmonious in its own way if one overlooked the underlying tension.

However, at that moment, the waiting room door swung open, and someone rushed in. It was Namkyung, who had been summoned by the staff in a hurry after going out with Baekya and Jihan.

"Baekya-ya! Where is Baekya, Baekya!"

Namkyung, excited, willy-nilly looked for Baekya.

"Me? Why are you..."

Surprised, Baekya rose from his slouched position. Even the other members looked puzzled as they have never seen Namkyung so excited before.

"Hyung? What's going on?"

Worried that something bad might have happened, Minsung quickly approached with a serious expression. But then Namkyung, grabbing Minsung's shoulders, yelled out in a loud voice.

"Because one of the MCs suddenly backed out due to some conflict, they're asking for a substitute! The PD wants to see Baekya!"

What?!

The members' eyes immediately turned to Baekya.

"Wh- why me...?"

Baekya was frozen in his spot after getting up.

"What do you mean why? They probably want to ask you to be a special MC! Come on, let's go. Get up quickly."

Even though it was just for a day, Namkyung emphasized the tremendous opportunity this was.

Upon hearing the news, the members all flocked around Baekya, saying that he must definitely do it.

"Wait a minute! I-I've never done anything like that before-"

"Is that relevant right now?! Do it. You have to do it no matter what!"

Yulmu gave Baekya a firm smack on the back.

"Eugh!"

Startled, Baekya stumbled. Yuyeon, who was nearby, quickly reached out to grab him and offered a deal.

"Hey. If you do this, I'll reduce the whole hyung-nim treatment thing to only today. Deal?"

"...To only today?"

It sounded tempting for a moment, but the pressure quickly set in.

'It's a live broadcast!'

Perhaps it would be better to just treat Yuyeon like a hyung for a month. Baekya firmly shook his head.

"No. I can't do it. What if I make a mistake?"

The sunfish had many worries. Baekya tried to shift the responsibility onto another member.

"Are you kidding me? The PD-nim specifically asked for you. Our DASE's official cutie."

Yulmu gently tickled below Baekya's chin with his hand. However, Jihan immediately stopped him, and Minsung, who had been quietly watching the situation, stepped forward.

"Baekya-ya. Let's do it."

"Hyuuung... I really don't have the confidence."

"I don't think so? You can do it. Just think of DASE."

When you're a rookie! Definitely! It was all about exposure and being seen. Building recognition was crucial, whether people listened to their songs or not.

Minsung's eyes gleamed eerily for a moment.

'...A wild rabbit?'

Startled, Baekya took a step back, only to bump into someone's chest behind him this time. Chung, with an expressionless face, was looking down at Baekya.

"Are you really not going to do it?"

Chung might not have had any special thoughts behind him, but the person looking at him would definitely assume otherwise.

Especially if that person was caught in a disadvantageous situation.

Under Chung's icy sanpaku eyes, Baekya's tears welled up.

//TN: Sanpaku eyes = a Japanese term that refers to eyes in which either the white space above or below the iris is revealed.

'Mom... These guys are scary...'

The sunfish was terrified.

* * *

[Sooryeon: Live broadcast MusicSTAY! Hello~ I am MC Sooryeon.]

The live broadcast kicked off with the PD's cue sign. The music show, with usually two co-hosting MCs, was hosted solo today.

Sooryeon began the opening with a disappointed greeting, mentioning that her colleague couldn't join due to health reasons. She added that they had a special guest MC for today and turned to her side.

[Sooryeon: They are the hottest group these days, right? I am with Baekya-ssi, the heart peach you want to bite.]

[Baekya: Hello! This is DASE's peach with 100% sweetness appearing on MusicSTAY. My name is Baekya.]

Inside DASE's makeshift waiting room.

Minsung, who got his phone back from Namkyung for a while, was watching the live TV.

"Speaking about himself in the third person and claiming 100% sweetness. Ah, so funny- Cough, cough."

Yulmu, who had laughed so hard that he snorted, cleared his throat to calm himself down.

Believing I can't do it~ I can't do it~ Yet, as he was dragged away all terrified, Baekya always managed to perform well.

His co-host, Sooryeon, was a member of ID's girl group Rose Day, which debuted four years ago. Like Siyun, she was the direct senior of DASE.

"He's doing well!"

Namkyung, who had picked Baekya up and carried him on his back out of the waiting room while saying 'There's no way this opportunity could be let slip away', was also as delighted to see Baekya on the screen.

Just before going on air, Namkyung asked Baekya what he thought was the best thing about being a rookie.

The sunfish had stuttered, asking if there was anything good about being a rookie.

「Baekya-ya, the thing is, no one expects rookies to do well from the start. Making mistakes as a rookie? That's okay. 」

Of course, it would be preferable if he didn't make any mistakes.

「So, you just have to do your best and come back. Didn't you say you were going to be a genius idol? 」

Although at the end Namkyung said some embarrassing words that Dongman had probably told him, it certainly made Baekya feel better. And like that, Baekya was thrown in front of the camera alone.

[Baekya: Ah, it's cold~ sunbae-nim. I think it's a bit too cold in here.]

Baekya, wearing a white fluffy fur jacket, swept his arms.

Wow~ He even pretended to blow out his breath.

It was rather impressive, considering a bunch of whining he made earlier.

[Sooryeon: It's okay, Baekya-ssi~ When MusicSTAY starts, it'll get hot in here. Warm and toasty! The scorching hot stages are waiting for us~]

[Baekya: Then, let's meet them soon! I'm really looking forward to it!]

Baekya stomped his feet, as if urging Sooryeon.

Appearing as a surprise Special MC, Baekya, amidst all the nervousness, had fans' hearts in a constant flutter as they watched his various cute acts.

- Han Baekya, the masterpiece Peach that can sing, act cute, and host, with nothing he can't do

- Our Peach suddenly became a Special MC ㅠㅠ Thank you MuSTAY (Baekya Screenshot.jpg)

- I bet 100 won that the writer changed his script with an ulterior motive ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

- Dressed like this, he looks just like a little Maltese puppy (Baekya Screenshot.jpg)

And even the quest completion notification came up.

Baekya's efforts, which he exchanged with dying of shame, were certainly not in vain.

[<I Will Succeed! (2)> Completed!]

[Quest Reward Granted: 1 Star Point]

The 'cuteness', which has frustratingly remained at '1' ever since the ending fairy, was filled up within just five minutes of the broadcast starting.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

211K 11.7K 52
(Cover made by me!) (!Updates 1-4 times a month¡) You died by cracking your skull open as you walked out of the shower. Godamnit life!!! To die in th...
83K 1.7K 80
Counts Total words: 120,757 Average words per chapter: 1,589 Amount of chapters: 76 ~~~ Y/N is a girl from America who recently moved to South Korea...
160 7 13
[Discontinued] Minho is known as a smart, closed off scientist. He doesn't have many friends and does not have the best relationship with his family...
20.9K 1.2K 34
"Any of us had that death sentence, really. Fate just couldn't decide who to screw over first, so you did." 'A failed angel on a killing spree in ord...