His To Adore

By authorsanaa

"Mr Mehra you are in no position to interfere in my matters. I could have handled the situation by myself wit... More

Prologue
Characters
1. Graduation Day
2. Who is she?
3. Mom's Friend
4. Meeting
5. The Contract
6. Surprise
7. Dinner
8. His house
9. Dolphin
10. New but good
11. Past scars
12. It's Complicated
13. Embarrassment
14. Unsettling Feeling
15. Engagement Party
16. Cunning Plans
17. The Show Day
18. She is Special
19. The Game
20. Unwanted Encounter
21. Hurting & Healing
22. Some Feelings
23. A New Project
24. Acknowledgement
Not An Update
25. A Nightmare
26. Unsaid Words
27. See You Soon
28. After Ages
29. The Backstory
30. A Place to Visit
32. Confession
33. A Lot Yet To Say
34. The Truth
35. I Am Falling
36. The First Kiss
37. Marked as Yours
38. The Dress
39. The Party
40. Dancing Under Moonlight
41. The Article
42. Press Conference
43. Revelation
44. Jealousy
45. Happy Moment
Epilogue

31. The Incident

17.2K 1.5K 152
By authorsanaa

It's nice to see little bunnies again!  I hope you all are great so the update is here, a long one so do vote okay!

To unlock the next chapter this one needs 380 votes. Do comment and share with your reader friends! LOVE YA ALL!!!!!

--------------------------------------------

Mahi's POV:

"Why are you buying a Saree for me?" My eyes widened when Priya told me that she is going to buy the Kerala saree for me also.

"Because we decided to wear it together, so isn't it's obvious to buy one for you as well." She shrugged her shoulders and continued selecting.

"Whatever I am not wearing and that is final." I folded my hands in front of my chest and stood in the corner, letting them know that I am not participating in this activity at all.

"Come on Mahi, don't be a buzz killer. Hum ladke bhi to lungi pehan rahe hai, tum bhi Saree pehen lo konsi badi baat hai." Rishi gave me that not-a-big-deal look and I rolled my eyes at him.

(We boys are also wearing lungi, you also wear saree, it's not a big deal)

"No one is stopping you if you also want to wear a saree, Rishi." I gave him a fake toothy grin and everyone started laughing.

"Stop it guys. Come and select which one you like Mahi. I am also buying cloths for Kabir, and everyone else. It's decided." Ishaan said and everyone agreed leaving me no other option.

"Let Nitya choose for me. I don't know about this stuff." I waved my hand in the air with a bored look. After they were done we left for the resort because it was almost 7 in the evening.

Ishan pulled into the parking lot and we got down from the car. Ahan was standing in the garden with everyone else but Kabir was nowhere in sight. I moved my eyes across the garden and they stopped on him.

He was standing with Tanya in the corner of the garden. She held his hand in her while speaking something but I couldn't make sense as they were far.

"Ah it's true what they say I guess." Priya's voice was heard behind me. I turned my head toward her and she was also looking at them.

"What are you talking about?" I asked confusingly.

"I heard some of the people here talking about Kabir and Tanya. They said that they both are childhood friends and were dating each other when they were in college but broke up when Tanya went abroad. At first when I looked at them I thought they were rumors but looking at them right now, I don't think they were just rumors. Who knows they might come back together." Priya said, still looking in their way.

Is it true? He never mentioned anything about her. Things between them really seem a bit off. They should be comfortable if they have known each other since they were young but it doesn't seem like that.

Is this because they were dating and things are awkward between them now? Are they getting back together? "They can be rumors, he is a famous personality after all." My inner voice replied to the questions my mind was repeating.

"But what if these rumors are true?" My mind again asked another question.

"Why do you care so much? It has nothing to do with you." My mind mocked me. That is right I shouldn't be bothered by all this but why is this thought still bothering? Why I don't want him to be this close to her? Why is my heart so anxious just on the thought of them being together?

"You guys are here." Ahan voice stopped the continuous questioning between my heart and mind. I glanced at Kabir and he looked at us. He took his hand back and started walking toward us.

"I should go and freshen up." I gave a small smile to them and started walking away before Kabir could come to me. I took long strides toward my room, I could hear him calling my name from behind but I didn't stop.

I don't feel like talking to him. I grabbed the handle of my door to open and at the same time his hand landed on mine to stop me from opening.

"Hey, I was calling for you." he said, still keeping his hand on mine. I remained silent and didn't turn to look at him.

"You okay?" concerned layered his voice but I just don't want to talk to him right now. I wanted to tell him to leave me alone but all I could do was nod.

"Okay then get ready. You remember we have to go somewhere right?" I can't look at his face but I can sense the enthusiasm in his voice.

"I don't want to go, you can go by yourself." I didn't like the way those words came out of my mouth. They might have sounded rude.

"Why not? I even brought the coconut water you asked for." That was just a joke but he seriously bought it for me

"Please come, I really want to show you that place." His voice was low and pleading. Why is he being like this all of sudden and that also at such a movement.

I wanted to deny him but at the same time I wanted to go with him. There are always different answers from my mind and heart whenever it comes to him.

"I need to change first." At last my urge to go with him won.

"Oh okay I'll be waiting." I can sense him smiling. He withdrew his hand from mine and I opened the door without looking back.

I loudly sighed and went to freshen up. I took my time to relax and get ready. He can wait that much right. I came out and saw nobody was there in the front garden. A loud gasp left my mouth when I noticed him leaning on the wall beside my room.

"You scared me to death." I kept a hand on my chest to calm it down.

"Trust me I don't have that much power." He joked to which I just ignored him.

"Let's go." He started moving toward the exit of the resort.

"Don't we have to tell others that we are leaving." I asked and started walking behind him.

"Don't worry I already told Ahan he will let others know. Besides, we will be back in 2 or 3 hours." I nodded and remained silent.

We both settled in the car and he started driving. I decided to remain silent the whole way, I don't want to say any unnecessary things which might make things awkward.

He tried to start a conversation but either I hummed or nodded in response. I looked out of the window, the sky was getting darker as it was already past eight. There were no stars in the sky. Is it going to rain?

I coughed a few times as my throat went dry, maybe due to the sudden weather change. The atmosphere here is rather cold compared to Mumbai. Car suddenly stopped and I looked at him.

"Let me get water for you." He got out of the car and went to a small shop beside the road.

I looked the other way and a small roadside coffee shop (tapri) caught my eyes. Kerala's coffee is known as best and a hot coffee in this humid atmosphere is a must.

I got down from the car and crossed the road. "Uncle, one hot coffee please. No, make it two." I looked back and he was still at the general store. Not many people were there, the smell of fresh coffee in the air made me relax instantly.

Every unwanted thought left my mind and I just kept looking at the brewing coffee. A man came and stood beside me. He was short heighted with dark brown skin and fat belly. He also ordered a cup of coffee and waited. 

The smell of alcohol filled the air. He was drunk because his eyes were red and skin sweaty. I distanced myself from him but he moved a step closer to me.

I looked the other way to avoid him. Small droplets of water fell on my skin, I looked at the sky which showed it's going to rain soon.

The man suddenly grabbed my hand "What the hell are you doing, leave me right now!" I tried getting my hand out of his grip but it only tightened.

"You-" I was about to kick him in the leg but a punch landed on his face making him fall on the ground. I looked by my side and it was Kabir. The light sprinkling soon converted into heaving pouring.

"How dare you to touch her. How fucking you dared." He grabbed the man by his collar making him stand up again. He landed another hard punch making him bleed through his mouth. The man was drunk so he didn't have enough energy to do anything.

"Stop it Kabir. I am okay." I grabbed his arm to stop him but he was far from listening anything.

"You touched the wrong person." He punched him one more time and the man almost lost his consciousness.

"I said stop it Kabir." In the sound of rain my voice was not that loud even though I almost shouted at him. He pushed the man and he fell down again. He turned and looked at me all drench.

He took his coat off and made me wear it. I lowered my eyes when he sharply gazed at me. Kabir took my hand in his and we crossed the road. He opened the car door and waited for me to hop on.

I settled and he fastened the seatbelt before closing the door. He came around and took his seat. The atmosphere was dangerously silent, I glanced at him.

"I- I am okay there was no need-" I flinched as he banged his hand on the steering wheel. His jaw clenched and grip tightened on the steering wheel making his knuckles go white.

I gulped down hard. I never saw him this angry before. "If you wanted anything you could have told me. What was the need to go by yourself huh?" I remained silent, that is the best.

"That son of a bitch dared to touch you. I swear I should have killed him at that very moment." His nostril flared with anger. He is scary when he is angry.

"You already hit him enough wha-" His one gaze was enough to shut me up. I looked away, the rain was still heavy and we both were drenched. Where are we going exactly? The car again stopped and I looked at him.

His phone rang and the screen showed Tanya. Why is she calling him? If he still likes her shouldn't he be with her and not me. He declined the call and put the phone in his pocket.

He climbed down from the car and came to my side. I unbuckled and he opened the door for me. I got down, the car was parked in front of a small two story cottage house.

He put both of his hands above my head as if they could save me from getting drenched in this heavy rain. "Let's go inside." We both hurriedly walked but my foot slipped due to the muddy surface.

He grabbed me in time but I sprained my ankle due to the sudden twist. I tried to walk slowly but god it was hurting badly. Before I could understand anything I was swapped away from the ground. His one hand on my back while the other around the back of my knees, carrying me in the bridal style.

My hand unknowingly went to his neck, grabbing it tightly. "I can walk." I said in a shaky voice.

"You better not say anything. Not right now." He is angry but that doesn't mean he can scold me like that. We entered the house, it was dark inside. He placed me on something soft, maybe a couch and went away.

The lights were turned on and the surroundings came into view. It was a small, cozy wooden house. There was a fireplace opposite the couch. The small kitchen was on the left hand side. The house was more traditional Kerala style with modern touch.

"Let me take a look at your ankle." He kneeled in front of me. He took my shoe off and kept my foot on his thigh. "Does it hurt here?" He asked, touching the part when it was hurting. I nodded in response.

He grabbed my ankle and suddenly twisted it and a cracking voice came. "What the hell!" I winced in pain.

"Try moving it. Does it still hurt?" He completely ignored my wincing. I moved my ankle a little and the pain was really gone. He understood my expressions.

His eyes went to my wrist, the fingerprints were left on it when that man grabbed my hand. His eyes met mine and I could see the anger in them.

"Why the hell are you always this careless." He stood up and his phone again started to ring which was on the table in front of me. The screen again showed Tanya, which really made me furious this time. He went away to pick up the call.

"It's raining heavily so we might come back in the morning." He hung up after saying this much.

"Don't be always so reckless. What if anything happened to you?" He said in a serious tone. What does he think of himself? I am not a kid.

"Mr Mehra you are in no position to interfere in my matters. I could have handled the situation by myself without you getting involved in it. I am confident in my capabilities and I can protect myself without anyone's help."

"I might be living in your house but it doesn't mean that you have any kind of power over me and you should know that it was never something I ever wanted." I said to the person who was standing in front of me in all his glory.

"Mahi even though living in my house was not something you wanted but you are my responsibility and I never fail to fulfil any. I absolutely believe in your capabilities but let me make one thing very clear, don't expect me to keep calm when someone is trying to lay a finger on what is mine." Kabir said clenching his jaw and started walking towards where I was sitting.

He came closer and his eyes pierced mine. His intense gaze made it difficult for me to move a bit or speak a word. He leaned closer to me and my breathing became heavier due to our proximity.

"Talking about the power, very soon you will know who holds the power, little lady." He whispered into my ear and looked at me with a smirk playing on his lips. Why the hell he is so intimidating and what does he means by "laying finger on what is mine"

"Sit here and don't move, let me grab the first aid box." He went away after giving me the order. He is really annoying when he bosses around like this.

---------------------------------------------

Hey guys so this is the next chapter! I hope you all liked it!!!

Are you guys excited for next chapter because I TOTALLY AM!! Any guesses?? 

A stormy night together sounds_______ (complete the sentence)

To unlock next chapter this one needs 380 votes.

Will see you on Friday till then don't forget to smile ;)

Lots of love! Byee!!!💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

215K 8.4K 47
Getting dressed I grabbed the hodni (scarf) as a mere source to cover my shame, he pulled me out of the room. With the pain all over my body especial...
314K 19.6K 37
"Aditya what are you saying ?" I asked him with glossy eyes. Not believing at my ears what he said. No this can't happen he can't say this. "I am s...
761K 46.4K 49
𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐞𝐛𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐮𝐢𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐬, 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐳𝐢𝐧𝐠 �...
1.7M 68K 79
'WIFE'...huh you call yourself my wife, He said very calmly. "A girl like u cannot afford to become maid at my house and u call yourself my wife." He...