I MARRIED A PSYCHO [The Eligi...

By EmeraldsBrightPage

"She's a psycho and she leads me to insanity" -Duke Galdonez Imperial I MARRIED A PSYCHO [The Eligible Bache... More

ATTENTION
The Eligible Bachelors Series
I MARRIED A PSYCHO
PROLOGUE - PSYCHO
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52

Chapter 36

62 2 0
By EmeraldsBrightPage

Warning: This story may not be suitable for a very young age due to some unscripted words...

---

DUKE

"Today is Monday. Your appointments for today will begin at 8:00 a.m. You will be having your third therapy session with Doctor Eliseo. He noted that there will be some tests that he wants you to undergo. At 10:00 a.m., you will be having a meeting with Mr. Germano, he has some updates about the investigation you ordered. At 11:00 AM there will be a meeting with the Investors regarding the petroleum business that you have been developing. Your last meeting for today will be at 1:00 p.m., with Doctor Elleazar Requerva and Don Cecilio de Verde. Doctor Ellie will be presenting the new drug that he has been developing. I would also like to remind you about the Corporate Inauguration Party tonight at 7:00 PM. Jane has already prepared everything that you will need, particularly for Vlance."

"Great! I'll entrust everything to you now. I believe you can make it tonight better than I could imagine."

"Is there anything else that I can help you with?" she added.

"No, thanks! That's all."

I really can't wait for tonight's event. From now on, I intend only her and no one else that I want as my escort. Only a few from our society already know about our marriage and the reason why we don't worry too much about it, is because our society doesn't have time to gossip. We don't interfere with someone else's business. Besides, I already ordered my people from the legal department team to handle that matter. No one from the media is invited and as a matter of fact, it was also an initiative from our fellow elites who are owners of media and entertainment companies to keep our privacy safe. If only I were to decide, I would be the proudest to let the world know about us but I respect my wife.

---

I arrived at the hospital just in time and right now, I just finished undergoing some tests. I was instructed to immediately proceed to Doctor Eliseo's clinic after they had the result. 

"How have you been doing lately, Duke?"

"I already have the result of your test and it seems like you're doing greater than before."

"Well, Doctor, I could say, I am feeling much better now. Those illusions haven't been showing up these past few days. Maybe it's because I am diligent now with my medications unlike before. I was hoping this is the beginning of my permanent recovery."

"That's great to hear. Would you mind if I ask what made you finally change your mind and now you are very much willing to cooperate with us?" I was unable to get a word out. That was so random. I wasn't prepared.

In the corner of my mind, I thought to myself, It was all because of nothing but my wife. I just badly want to get healed as soon as possible so that I can take good care of her and our future family, not the other way around. All I want is to be a good husband for her. Many would say, I'm perfect but would that be perfect enough if I have this kind of condition? I'm not mentally fit. My illness was like a ticking time bomb, I don't know when it is going to explode and soon it may take over me. It's scaring me.

He noticed the delay in my response and maybe it was obvious that I wasn't comfortable so he just changed the topic. "It's fine, It won't be necessary for you to answer that question."

"Now let's proceed with our session for today." He took his iPad and read the content on the screen.

"Well, I've already read your practice assignment that I emailed you during our previous session."

I was given a number of columns A-B-C, as practice assignments where in I was told to begin identifying what I was telling myself and the resulting emotions I felt from the previous session we had. In column A, I was instructed to write down any event that I had been worrying about or any from the figment of my delirium that had me in trouble. In column B, I was asked to record my thoughts about that specific event, referring to the first column. Under the column C, I was asked to write down my behavioral and emotional responses to the event, referring to both column A and B.

He began reading it.

I only wrote two and it goes like this:

I killed Bella | I am a murderer | I feel like a bad person

I have a wife | I don't deserve to have a family | I feel guilty

"You don't think you deserve to have a family? Can you say more about that?" Doctor Eliseo began asking me.

"Why should I get to have a family when I took someone else's wife and mother?" I was answering as if killing Bella had happened in reality. 

"OK, so it sounds like this relates to the first thought that you wrote down about being a murderer. When you say to yourself, I killed Bella, how do you feel?"

"I don't know why I feel bad about it. It's confusing me. It felt like I did killed someone even though it was just a delusion. It freaks the hell out of me. I feel like I'm about to get insane. That is why I don't think I deserve to have a family. My wife doesn't deserve a husband who is demented like me." 

"I believe you when you say that it feels that way. However, feeling a certain way doesn't necessarily mean that it is based on the facts or the truth. We're going to work together on seeing whether that feeling of guilt makes sense when we look at the situation very carefully in our work together."  

"Doc, I... I'm being impatient. Is there a faster way for me to get cured?"

I felt the hesitation in him to speak. He took a heavy breath before speaking, "We are doing our best, Duke. Our session for today is done. For now, I suggest you shouldn't stop taking the medicines I prescribe. I will also be sending Jane the schedule for your ECT sessions. See you at the party tonight, Duke." Doctor Eliseo said.

From the look of it, I don't think the healing process will be easy. Will I ever be cured? What am I supposed to do? What is the use of my wealth if it cannot cure my illness?

I don't know why but something made me stop by the chapel. I head straight to one of the pew chairs and I just sat there quietly. I can't explain what was running deep in my mind. I'm confused and I just don't know what to do now. How will I be able to fulfill my promise to her, that no matter what, I will always be there for her? How if I'm sick as fuck?

Out of my frustrations, I kneeled and prayed, "Oh, God. Please, forgive me because I'm not a believer but now I'm starting to realize that my wealth is no match to my illness, It even made me have faith in you and now I just pray for a miracle to come."  I was fighting myself not to give in with my emotions but I just couldn't hold back myself anymore. And there I lost it, I gave in and started wailing.

I couldn't hardly imagine all the possibilities. I don't want her to stay with me with my condition. What if it gets worse? It's better for her to leave me and that my heart will be at peace knowing she'll be happy even if with someone else. It's a good thing that I know her heart beats for another man because I will never forgive myself knowing the person I love is at pain because of me.

I tried to pull myself back together making sure not to leave even a small trace of my crying. I made sure before leaving the chapel that I didn't look terrible.

---

I hop to the car and upon entering, I notice on my peripheral that there was an object sitting behind me. I turned to look, It was a bouquet that had already wilted, and there I realized I had given the wrong flowers to Vlance that night we went the hills. "Shit! How stupid of me!" It was now too late for me to realize that there were two sets of bouquets. I remember the day before our date night, there was a small private luncheon to celebrate Jane's fifteenth year in the service but on our way back to the office, Gustav Vivaldi, our family's most trusted financial and business adviser sent us a last minute notice about his arrival. He arrived too early than that of what he confirmed with us. Gustav is very strict person and he only trusts few people. Every time he comes here in the country, he won't allow just anyone to assist him. He wants someone who is reliable. He only wants someone that is not lower than that of an executive assistant to serve him all throughout his stay. I have to send Jane to pick him up at the airport and to attend to all that he might need. We are in so much hurry that is why Jane has to leave the bouquet in my car. I drive for myself every time I go home, I only get myself a driver when I'm on a business, the driver must have forgotten to bring the flowers to Jane's workstation. I'm so stupid. 

I sighed disappointedly. I was just hoping she hasn't had ready the note so she won't think I gave her another flower that came from a meeting I attended. I'll just make things up with her later. I'll get her another bouquet at the party tonight. I'll get her another set of sunflowers. I just love giving sunflowers to her. 

---

I entered the room where I told Germano to meet me. We are in one of the VIP rooms for us to discuss some matters. I ordered him to find Vlance's mother, Tita Vera. I could sense how much she missed her mom and I want to take away that pain she has been keeping herself for a long time, since childhood.

"Magandang araw, Boss!"

"Good day," I answered with authority but in a polite way. 

He was standing while waiting for me to come. He waited for me to take my seat before he spoke.

"Nahanap ko na sila." He puts down an envelope on top of the table.

"Germano, please have a seat," I ordered.

"Sa Mindoro ako nagsimulang kumalap ng impormation. Vida, sa pangalang 'yan siya nagtatago. Kasama ang mga anak, lumuwas sila ng Bacolod para doon magtago, bago mamatay si Odi. Ngunit malakas ang hinala kong hindi siya patay." 

"How are you sure of that?"

He picked a photo from the bottom and showed me. It was a photo of a pit. "Muli kong hinukay kung saan ibinaon ng mga tao ni Gil ang bangkay ni Odi. Maaaring inilipat siya sa ibang hukay pero imposible mangyari 'yon. Lupain ng mga Del prado 'yon at doon lang ang tiyak na lugar upang iligpit ang duming dapat itago habang buhay. Sigurado akong nakatakas si Odi."

"How come you were able to trespass on Vlad's property?"

The smug in his face showcase astute guts. "Ang trabahong ito ang bumubuhay sa akin kaya titiyakin kong itong trabahahong ito din lang ang siyang nararapat na kumitil ng buhay ko."           

"Vlad's people almost capture them but I was able to help them escape. Kumuha na ako ng tao para mabantayan sila. Malapit nang bumigay si Vlad at unti-unti na niyang idinadaan ang lahat sa dahas para mapabilis ang paghanap sa kanila. Sigurado akong kapag hindi niya makukuha ang gusto niya, mamaaring humantong ang puot sa rurok at maaaring mapahamak ang mga inosenteng bata.

I'm getting even more worried. Vlance's brother is doing everything in his means now and that may result to the worst. I don't want Vlance to get worried so I hired people to handle everything to prevent Vlad from doing bad things. Vlance will definitely be the first person to get hurt once her brother gets in trouble. And will do everything in my power to prevent that from happening. 

---

"Ang GDP ay tumaas ng humigit-kumulang 1.5% sa unang kalahati ng taon, ito ay inaasahang bababa ng 0.5% sa unang bahagi ng susunod na taon." I was listening about the current affairs on the radio as I was driving the car on my way back to office for my next meeting.

"Sa mantalang usapang showbuz naman tayo, Vlance the troubellious princess muling viral sa social media dahil sa katawatawang class recitation. Nakipag discussion umano sa kanyang professor dahil sa pinaglalaban niyang katwiran. Hatid ni Pamelle Amorsolo."

"Salamat, KaLito! Vlance, isa sa pinakabatang tanyag sa larangan ng musika. Iniidulo ng mga kabataan ngunit mabuti nga ba siyang ehemplo? Umabot na nang one hundred eighty million views ang video clip sa loob lamang ng isang oras at inulan agad ito ng samo't saring batikos ngunit sa kabila ng mga 'yon ay madami pa ring namangha, dumipensa at nag-udyok na maspagbutihan pa nito sa pag-aaral at naniniwala sila sa kakayahan nito upang makabawi sa mga susunod niya pang mga recitations sa loob na klase."

I immediately find a place to park my car and quickly search over the internet about her viral class recitation, according to the news. Within just a second, the clip popped on my phone screen and I watched it.  

"Find the simple interest on a thirty thousand pesos loan at seventeen percent annual interest for four months." The professor asked. 

Vlance raised her hand voluntarily. "One thousand seven hundred pesos," she answered without waiting for the professor to recognize her. She just answered and I could say, that's a bit rude. Well that's Vlance. She just does whatever she wants.   

"Did I call you?" The professor looks offended.

And because Vlance is Vlance, the unapologetic bitch she is, she responded. "Then who do you expect to answer when no one is raising their hand to answer you, except me?"  

The professor restrained his annoyance but I could see how pissed off he was. It was painted all over his face. "  

"Did you copy your seatmate's answer?"

"Of course not. That's very basic."

"Then, show your answer. Solve it in the board."

She just shrugged her shoulders and then she went in front of the board and solved it. She's so cool, I can't help it.

She wrote 30,000.00 x .17 / 12 months x 4 months. Well, I understood her formula and I am not saying her formula was wrong. It's just that it was not the proper standard formula for how to answer the problem. 

"See. Look how proud of a foolish your classmate is."

"You're not listening, Ms. Del prado! Is that the formula I thought you?"

"What's the essence of the formula that you taught us when none of the class were able to comprehend with your teaching? Why do you blame your student when you as a teacher, is not competent enough in the first place?" 

"What did you just say? You imbecile, get out! I don't tolerate rude students in my class."

The clip ended and I don't know what happened next. I scrolled down to the comment section and there I saw plenty of bad comments against her. 

"Porque mayaman bastos na sa professor!"

"Sana all mayaman para kaya ko lang bastusain ng ganun si Prof."

"Iba tagala kapag feeling entitled."

"She's the perfect example of the wealthy bitch with no breeding!"

"OMG! I heard she was from the elite. Kahit hindi ako isang Elite, kinahihiya ko siya. EWW!"

"'di ba uso sa mga Elite ang fixed marriage? Sino naman ang papayag asawahin ang ganyang walang breeding kahit pa siguro ipakasal 'yan sa mga taga Gondo, walang may gusto!"

The nerve! How dare them to speak ill to someone they've known only over the internet. I can't help but backlash, so I decided to create an unanimous account, I hid in the username, Mr. Businessman.

I replied to every bad comment that I read and defended her. "You don't know anything about her." But within just a few second, many have already made fun of me.

"Ulol tong kupal na 'to! Hoy, Mr. Businessman! Ano ba negosyon mo? Mind your own business? ulol!" Unfortunately, I did end up getting bashed.

"Aurgh!" I dropped my back on my seat feeling agitated. They are all so stubborn! I just decided to quit it. I'm not gonna stress myself out with people like them. I'll just think of something that would make my dearest Vlance feel good later. Besides, tonight is the event and I must look good so I must not make myself feel drained just because of those stupid comments. 

I watched the video for the second time. I admire her confidence. I've never seen her participate in the class because I know how much she hated school. But as I observe, she is bold and clever. She is not afraid to commit a mistake. She has her own understanding with everything. She doesn't depends on book per se, she learned from it by her common sense and application. That is more brilliant than those who depend only on what is the standard. Right now, she didn't fail to make me realize that. 

A curve voluntarily formed on my lips when I thought of that. She had no idea how proud of a husband I am to her. 

---

"That was indeed a brilliant idea, Duke. We can't wait for the launch of our business. It is a pleasure to be working with you."

"It is too early to celebrate, Mr. Consuji! Let us save that soon after we successfully establish the business. See you at the party tonight, Gentlemen!" I answered with confidence

"Congratulations, Duke! See you." The meeting with our new investors just ended and I am now preparing for my next meeting in the afternoon with that Robotic MD. Aurg! I hate seeing that nerd. What if I just cancel my meeting with him? 

Come on, Duke. We'll soon get over it. It's just one fucking hour. Please, bear with it. Just think of the party tonight. You'll see Vlance later. I smiled as my angst swept away just with the thought of it.  

I pressed the intercom to call for assistance. "Ruby, I need a hard copy of Dr. Requerva's presentation." First, I will be reviewing his presentation before our meeting. I'll take down some key notes about the presentation for me to further understand the business we planning to engage with. I'm not very incline in the field of medicine this is why I have to catch up. 

"I'll print it right away, Sir."

"Thank you!"

It's almost lunchtime, for sure Jane is on her way to bring my lunch... And I was right. I heard a knock. "Sir, It's Jane..." Before she could even finish her word, the door slammed open.

"Surprise, Mother fucker!"

I was unable to think or react properly for a moment when she came un announce.

"Duke! Lunch?" She said cheerfully as she was showing off the packed lunch that she was holding. 

This woman is unpredictable and I love it. I let out a light chuckle. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

118K 3.6K 42
(BLACK ROSE SOCIETY)4th series The 4th member of BLACK ROSE SOCIETY is now publishing.. Hoping you like it too.. the way you like onto other member...
110K 2.7K 44
Ano nga ba ang higit na mahalaga? Ang tawag ng bokasyon... o Ang tawag ng pag-ibig? (Pinalitan ko lang ang title at ang description. Ito pa rin yun...
4.5K 101 67
Kristine Mae Ashton was a scared and screwed up teenager. She was cold and doesn't believed in happy ending. She lives in hatred until she met Christ...