Dhadkan (Book 1 - Singhania B...

By Amateurmisswriter_

Three brothers who shared nothing but the love they had for each other. A ten year old child who had been aba... More

Prologue
Character Sketch
Part 1 : The longingness
Part 2 : Family dynamics
Part 3 : Realisations
Part 4 : Definition of family
Part 5 : Fears of past
Part 6 : Budding relationships
Part 7 : A wicked man
Part 8 : Memories
Part 9 : The past
Part 11 : Arnav Singhania
Part 12 : First step of acceptance
Part 13 : Fear of abandonment
Part 14 : Healing
Part 15 : Assurances
Part 16 : Family
Part 17 : Circumstances
Part 18 : Engagement
Part 19 : Changed dynamics
Part 20 : Ayaansh Singhania
Part 21 : Trust
Part 22 : Brothers
Part 23 : Family
Part 24 : Grateful to have you!
Part 25 : Bhabhi
Part 26 : The shared pain
Part 27 : Song made up of heartbeats!
Part 28 : The unforeseen happenings
Part 29 : The depth of love
Part 30 : The epiphany
Epilogue
ROOH (BOOK 2)

Part 10 : Bhaiya

4.3K 323 37
By Amateurmisswriter_

Ayaansh had the most peaceful sleep that night, surrendering his entire self to Arnav's love filled arms. For the first time since his childhood he could sleep on a dead black thundering night. He let go of his fears and soaked himself in that unfamiliar warmth.

Arnav couldn't sleep a wink. He kept caressing Ayaansh's head untill the sunrays started to peek in startling him out of his thoughts. Ayaansh's fear stricken face was frozen in his head refusing to get out of his system. Arnav looked at Ayaansh who was sleeping peacefully. He had held Arnav's shirt in his grip as if scared to let go of him.

Caressing his face, Arnav's heart broke when his face traced the tear strains on his brother's cheeks. Arnav had decided to let Ayaansh take as much time as he wanted to accept them but now he was determined to show the boy that he belonged to their family. He was Arnav Singhania's little brother and Arnav didn't stand tears in any of his brother's eyes.

Aniket walked inside the room and a smile bloomed on his face. Ayaansh had himself curled up in Arnav's embrace and Arnav was holding him close to his heart. The scene warmed up his heart and moistened his eyes at the same time.

He had seen Arnav holding a three year old Aryan the same way. He himself had been held by Arnav the very same way. He still remembered the night when Arnav offered his warm embrace for him to break down.

Arnav walked with an ocean of love and acceptance around him. Aniket blinked off his tears that rushed to his eyes. His Bhaiya had embraced them with open heart, never forgetting to care about them, healing their pain making it as his own, making sure they felt the love he had in his heart for them. Not for once Arnav had let them drift back into the darkness once he held them. Arnav became the parent for them he never had for himself!

Letting out a deep sigh, Arnav looked up to find Aniket standing at the door staring at them. "Ani?"

The voice broke Aniket's trance of thoughts. Aniket looked at Arnav once and crossing the distance between them, hugged him tightly from other side. Thank you was a meaningless word! He would never belittle his Bhaiya's love by saying that. Arnav was startled but reached out to Aniket with his other hand. He was squeezed in between his brothers.

Aniket pulled back after a minute and smiled at Arnav. "Good morning, Bhaiya."

Arnav relaxed seeing him smile. "Aaj subah subah Bhaiya pe itna pyaar kaise aa rha hai, wakil sahab?"

Aniket rolled his eyes. "Aap sirf mujhe hi taane dete ho na? Kabhi mujhse pyaar se baat nhi kar sakte?"

That brought a smile on Arnav's face. He loved the child inside Aniket. "Tune Aru ko sikhaya hai ya tu usse sikh gya hai?"

Aniket rolled his eyes again.

Arnav whacked him.

Aniket looked up in offence as much as shock. He thought his Bhaiya had stopped doing that. "Kyun maara?"

Arnav shook his head. Aniket sometimes forgot that he was twenty four. Way above the age for behaving like that! "I haven't forgotten the amount of liberties you're giving Aru lately. Khud gin lega ya mai madad karoon?"

Aniket opened his mouth but thought better of it and shut it back.

"He's grounded for a week, Aniket. If he steps out of home except for the dinner at Chachu's place in this one week then you'll be working from home for next two weeks. Remember that."

Aniket's eyes went wide. "Yeh kya zyaakhti hai, Bhaiya? You can't do this. Mai kaise—"

Arnav glared him down to stop him. "Am I clear?"

"Yaar, Bhaiya—"

"Am I clear, Aniket?" Arnav sterned his voice this time.

Aniket found himself nodding like an obedient child. He felt like a ten year old all over again! Arnav smiled with the realisation that he would never want his brother to behave any other way.

Arnav turned back to Ayaansh trying to loosen his grip. Ayaansh squinted in his sleep. Arnav gently freed his kurta from his fist and kissed his forehead. Ayaansh relaxed almost immediately.

Aniket smiled. Ayaansh was just like them. All he needed was to accept them and he would bloom under Arnav's love.

The brothers walked out of the room leaving a sleeping Ayaansh.

"Aru uth gaya?" Arnav asked looking at the watch.

Aniket shook his head. The boy had been badly scared last night. Aniket had to distract him with a hundred things to make him sleep.
"Sone dijiye, Bhaiya. Vaise bhi uske vacations hai."

Arnav gave him a pointed look. "Again who is the one spoiling him?"

Aniket gave him a charming smile. "Kyun bachche ke peechhe pade ho, Bhaiya? Jane do na."

Arnav sighed. They would never change when it comes to Aryan.

"Ayaansh thik hai, Bhaiya?" Aniket asked, concern taking over in his voice.

Arnav palmed his face. "I don't know, Ani. Woh bachcha kisi na kisi baat se bohot taqleef me hai."

Aniket remained silent. He already knew that but another problem needed their attention right now.
Arnav noticed his worry and tensed.

"Kuch problem hai, Ani?"

Aniket sighed. "Kal first hearing hai, Bhaiya."

Arnav tensed. He had forgotten about that after last night. He looked back at Aniket. "Mai uss insaan ki parchhai bhi Ayaansh par nhi chahta, Ani. Is he really needed in the court?"

Aniket nodded. Even he didn't want his brother anywhere near that filthy person. If it was within his might be would have never asked Arnav either. "I can manage with his statement for now, Bhaiya. Aage ka aage dekhenge."

Rubbing his forehead, Arnav walked ahead to get himself a coffee. He badly needed some. Aniket sighed and pulled him back to sit on the chair. "Aap baitho, mai bana deta hoon."

Ayaansh woke up to find himself tucked in the comforter. He looked and the last night's happenings hit his memory. But instead of feeling upset or embarrassed he found himself smiling. He knew he could no longer put Arnav at a distance. He would rather choose to embrace what life was offering him than shoving it away in the fear of losing it in the future.

He freshened up and ran out in the hope of finding Arnav in the kitchen. To his utter disappointment, he found the kitchen empty. He turned back to go back to his room when Aniket came in.

"Good morning, kiddo." Aniket smiled at him. He was surprised when Ayaansh smiled back at him. A genuine smile! Aniket had been expecting him to be upset after last night but the boy surprised him.

"Good morning, Bhaiyu."

Aniket ruffled his hair. He was very happy to see him smiling. He noticed him looking around. "Kuch chahiye, Ayu?"

Ayaansh shook his head but his eyes gave away the truth.

"Bhaiya office chale gye." Aniket answered his unasked question. "Raat ko Ashi ke ghar jana hai na toh he'll come back early."

"Aaj raat?" Ayaansh asked. He was guilty that Arnav had cancelled that day's plan because of him.

Aniket nodded. "Chal breakfast kar le. Aru ko bhi bula le."

Arnav came back home early that day. He was just going to his room when he heard someone singing. He smiled but was taken aback when he realised the voice was coming from Ayaansh's room.

Arnav came to Ayaansh's room with slow steps and found Ayaansh standing near the window with his eyes closed. He looked so innocent that Arnav wanted to engulf him in a hug but stood back to hear him.

Tujhse naraz nahi zindagi
Hairaan hoon main
Ho hairaan hoon main

Tere masoom sawalon se
Pareshaan hoon main
Ho pareshaan hoon main

Arnav was mesmerized with the voice but the pain in the voice got to him more than anything else.

Jeene ke liye socha hi nahi
Dard sambhalane honge
Jeene ke liye socha hi nahi
Dard sambhalane honge

Muskurayein to muskurane ke
Karz utaarne honge
Ho muskuraun kabhi to lagta hai
Jaise hothon pe karz rakha hai

Ho tujhse naraz nahi zindagi
Hairaan hoon main
Ho hairaan hoon main

Ayaansh opened his eyes when he felt a touch on his head and looked up find Arnav.

After a long time, Ayaansh had been feeling at peace so he did something that he actually liked to do. Sing! He was careful enough to keep his voice low. He didn't expect anyone in his room.

Arnav made him look up. "You've an amazing voice, Ayu." There was naked pride in his voice. His brother was incredibly talented and he was so proud of that.

"You like singing?"

Ayaansh nodded his head. He loved singing! That was one thing that gave him solace.

"Tujhe—"

"Bhaiya!"

Aryan cut off Arnav and hugged him as soon as he saw him. "Kab aaye aap? Subah bhi merse bina mile chale gye."

"Tu so rha tha, bachcha. Ab aa gya hoon na." Arnav smiled at him.

"Ab aap jaldi se ready ho jao. Ashi di ke ghar jana hai na."

Arnav nodded and looked back at Ayaansh. "Tu bhi ready ho ja, Ayu. We'll talk after coming back, okay?"

Ayaansh nodded. The brothers got freshened up and left for Aashika's place.

Aashika was just arranging the dinner table when a bouncing Aryan came in and hugged her from back. She smiled and turned in his embrace ruffling his hair.

"Ab kaise tabiyat hai, Aru?"

Aryan gave a bored look to her. "Mai toh thik hi hoon, di. Bhaiya aur Bhaiyu toh bas aise hi—" He stopped as his brothers approached them. None of them took his health as lightly as he did.

Aniket gave Aashika a hug. "How's chachu?"

"Ekdam badhiya, beta."

Atharva came from behind.

Arnav bent down to take his blessings. Aryan and Aniket did the same. Atharva hugged them patting their backs. He loved the boys as his own children.

Aashika saw Ayaansh standing back silently and walked to him. "Hello, Ayu. Mujhe bohot achcha laga tum aaye."

Ayaansh smiled. She was not walking in egg shells around him as anyone would normally do with strangers and that comforted him more than words. He didn't know he wasn't a stranger for her. Aashika considered him as her family and treated him as such.

"Aapne itne pyaar se bulaya tha, di. Kaise nhi aata?"

Aashika ruffled his hair as she did with Aryan.

The brothers were surprised to see him talking so amicably with Aashika. They hadn't been counting on that.

Atharva came to Ayaansh and patted his cheeks. "Thanks for coming, beta. We were looking forward to meet you."

Arnav gave Ayaansh a look and Ayaansh bent down to take Atharva's blessings. Atharva hugged him just like others.

They walked to the dining table while talking and laughing. Aniket and Aashika went to the kitchen to get dishes.

"Sab thik hai na, Ani?" Aashika asked. She was confused when Arnav changed the plan but didn't question. She knew Arnav wouldn't do that without a reason.

"Aise toh sab thik hai, Ashi. Ayaansh is slowly blending in." Aniket replied with a smile.

"Vaise bhi who can resist Arnav Singhania's charms, right?" He teased her.

Aashika glared at him. "Aniket Singhania, you better don't start right now."

"Kyun? Bohot miss kar rhi ho Bhaiya ko?" Aniket took a step back before speaking.

Aashika raised his hand to whack him but Aniket laughed and hugged her. "I can't wait to see you guys together, Ashi. It's been too long. Engagement fix kar lete hai."

Aashika smiled a little. She was also waiting for the same but it wasn't her call to make. The situation wasn't in Arnav's favour and she didn't want to bring more troubles. "Kuch din aur wait karte hai, Ani. Arnav ki jab sahi lagega woh khud bol denge. I can wait."

Aniket looked at her with love and respect. She had always been his best friend but now she had his respect for being the better half of his Bhaiya. "We couldn't get anyone better than you, Ashi. You don't know how lucky we are!"

Aashika smiled and shook her head. She was at the recieving end in this realation. Arnav was giving her something that she had always craved for. A family!

Atharva looked at Arnav hesitantly. He wasn't sure if he should bring up the topic. Arnav saw the hesitation and held his hands. "Kya baat hai, Chachu?"

"Beta, mai soch raha tha agar tum aur Ashi sagai ke liye haan kar dete toh.."

Aashika and Aniket heard the talk and came out of the kitchen. Aashika went to her father's side. "Jaldi kya hai, papa? We can wait.."

"But I don't want to wait anymore, beta." Atharva looked at Arnav hopefully. "Agar koi pareshani hai toh—"

Arnav squeezed his hands. "Koi pareshani nhi hai, Chachu. Agar Ashi ko koi problem nhi hai toh mujhe bhi nhi hai. Aap jab kahenge hum tab sagai kar lenge."

Arnav looked at his siblings. Aniket and Aryan hooted in joy. They had been waiting for this since so long. Ayaansh was also smiling. They deserved some happy moments.

Aryan got up and hugged Aashika. "Ab aap officially humari Bhabhi ba jaoge. I'm very happy."

Aashika hugged him back and looked at Arnav with questioning eyes. She didn't want him to agree because of her father. She knew how much Arnav respected Atharva.

Arnav nodded with a smile which relaxed Aashika. Atharva hugged them both. "Thank you, beta. Agar tum dono bolo toh next week engagement kar le?"

Aashika and Arnav looked at each other and nodded their heads. The brothers hugged them while congratulating them.

The dinner was an extremely joyful affair. Everyone was too excited to hold back. Aryan already had long list of what he wanted. They discussed everything and the happily left for their home.

Arnav came to kitchen to get himself coffee. With the engagement next week he had a lot of work to wrap up otherwise his brothers would have his head.
He was just taking out the coffee when he heard someone's footsteps. He turned back to see Ayaansh coming in.

"Tu soya nhi?"

Ayaansh shook his head. "Neend nhi aa rhi thi."

Arnav picked up his cup of coffee. "Chal room me."

Ayaansh frowned but followed Arnav to his room. Arnav sat on the bed keeping his coffee on the side table and gestured Ayaansh to come.

Ayaansh walked to Arnav.

"Dekh kya raha hai, so na." Arnav said patting the pillow beside him.

Ayaansh was hesitant. He didn't want to trouble Arnav again. "Mai so jaunga—"

Arnav glared at him. "Ek baar me sunni nhi hai na tujhe koi baat?"

Ayaansh looked down. "Sorry."

Arnav immediately felt guilty. He reminded himself Ayaansh was still not used to his ways. He couldn't expect him to see the concern behind scoldings the way Aniket and Aryan did. He gentles his voice. "Daant nhi raha mai, bachcha. Aaja so."

Ayaansh gulped and lied down on the bed. Arnav started tapping his forehead. "Aankhein band kar, aa jayegi neend."

Ayaansh closed his eyes. He didn't want to be scolded again. Arnav sighed. He could read the boy's mind.

Ayaansh remembered something and opened his eyes. "Bhaiya?"

Arnav was startled.

Ayaansh looked at him. "Kal raat ke liye thank you, Bhaiya."

Arnav felt his throat constricting up. He hadn't realised how much he was waiting for Ayaansh's acceptance untill this moment. He had never expressed but Ayaansh putting him at distance hurt him more than he let it show.

Ayaansh tugged at his hand when he didn't get any reply. "Bhaiya?"

"Haan, bachcha?"

"Maine kaha kal raat ke liye thank you. And sorry maine aapko—" Arnav kissed his forehead to stop him from speaking. His words weren't enough of assurance for Ayaansh right now. He understood that but he didn't want his brother apologizing for something that wasn't his fault.

Ayaansh leaned into Arnav's touch subconsciously. He didn't even realise he had so casually gave Arnav the place in his heart. And if Arnav had looked into his eyes, he would have found nothing but love and admiration in his little brother's eyes. The night changed their equation without them knowing about it!

____________________________________

A/n

How was the chapter?

Favourite character or scene?

Hope you all liked it! And again thank you for showering all the love. Your comments lit up my day!

Love,
Muskan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

550K 32.3K 50
𝗕𝗼𝗼𝗸 1-𝗥𝗲𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗦𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀 From the very beginning, he was "Her's" it was as if they were destined to be together. They cam...
55.1K 2.4K 28
He had to choose. He choosed, and left his brothers who were his life. To keep them save, to save them from there own mother. A woman, the world fear...
256K 2.7K 10
---- SAMPLE ONLY------ The brother who guided him from darkness to life, gave a promise to their dying father...... a promise that brought home a tee...
42.5K 3.2K 37
A boy who called himself orphan and spends every night sheding tears. Whereas a boy who is living in care of his three elder brothers. A brother who...