Black Bellied Belle: Demon Lo...

Od Pandavent

The first time they met they had battled fiercely, just for a mere bunch of herbs. She needed it to save peop... Viac

Prologue - Ch. 10
Ch. 11-20
Ch. 21-30
Ch. 31-40
Ch. 41-50
Ch. 51-60
Ch. 61-70
Ch. 71-80
Ch. 81-90
Ch. 91-100
Ch. 101-110
Ch. 111-120
Ch. 121-130
Ch. 131-140
Ch. 141-150
Ch. 151-160
Ch. 161-170
Ch. 171-180
Ch. 181-190
Ch. 201-210
Ch. 211-220
Ch. 221-230
Ch. 231-240
Ch. 241-250
Ch. 251-260
Ch. 261-270
Ch. 271-280
Ch. 281-290
Ch. 291-300
Ch. 301-310
Ch. 311-320
Ch. 321-330
Ch. 331-End

Ch. 191-200

36 0 0
Od Pandavent

Chapter 191: This Killer Isn't That Cold, And A Little Adorable

Ever since she came to this other world, Qing Yu had seen rather many types of men with outstanding looks. Lou Jun Yao and Bai Zhi Yan could be considered to be the leading ones, and even Feng Tian Hen whose body had been overtaken was incredibly handsome, fine as jade. As time went by, she became so accustomed to seeing beautiful men that it was now nothing extraordinary.

So, rarely would she become stunned by a man the moment he appeared.

But this person before her eyes, back when she saw him for the first time, Qing Yu had already been mesmerized by his countenance. And at that time, he was unconscious and had not opened his eyes at all. But even then, it was already astounding enough.

His skin was fair but did not make him look weak, his ink black hair tied up with a single silver band. Under his long slanted brows reaching into his temples was a pair of beautiful eyes slanting upwards at the corners like a crimson phoenix's. His nose bridge was high and straight, giving him a slightly callous look, his slightly thin lips tinged just a faint pink, that made him look a little unexpectedly adorable.

Of course the most eye catching feature on this handsome face was just at the corner below his left eye, a fingernail sized black black blossom. Although the flower was tiny, but it was in such fine detail that the pattern on every single petal could almost be clearly seen.

Back when they met for the first time, the flower had only blossomed slightly, but now it had bloomed completely, looking both beautiful and incredibly devilish, with a spot on vermillion red in the heart of the flower, like an eye that was actually watching you.

Qing Yu could not help but be surprised by it. What species was that flower? She was actually unable to identify it.

Probably because she had been staring directly straight at him, it was impossible for him to disregard it even if he wanted to. Xi Zhan Chen swung an indifferent gaze over in that direction, showing no emotion till he saw the roasting rabbit that was glistening with oil over the fire in front of the young lady, where his expression showed a brief moment of surprise.

He had thought that the people who had gotten in his way previously had set up an ambush in this place, but looking at it again..... It didn't really look like it.

But to be able to be so laid back and relaxed in a place like this, she could not be any ordinary person.

In order to not create any unnecessary trouble, Qing Yu chose to turn her eyes away, and did not look at him anymore.

Xi Zhan Chen did not want to waste time as well. Since she was not an enemy, he was not going to strike at her, but just went on to walk slowly past with his eyes fixed in front.

And just as the man was slowly walking past, from the package he carried in his hand, a drop of bright red liquid fell to the ground. The sound was almost inaudible, but Qing Yu still noticed it.

[What..... is that thing inside?]

Without giving him even a single moment to think, several shadows suddenly fleeted past through the air. Qing Yu then discovered something that wasn't all that great.

She seemed to have been seen as a companion of the man, finding herself being surrounded together with him.

The shadows landed on the ground, and several black robed assassins blocked their way in front. The man standing in the lead then said in a grim voice: "Xi Zhan Chen, hand over the Sacred Buddha Palm Lotus!"

The Sacred Buddha Palm Lotus, shaped like a human palm, its flower petals white, but its sap bright red like blood. Legend has it that it can resurrect a person, a divine herb that is able to remodel one's soul, a flower that blooms only when the season is just about to turn to early spring, where it will present its truest form. At all other times, it is merely a most common white lotus, and is of no beneficial use in any way.

Only one single Sacred Buddha Palm Lotus will mature every year as when it blooms, it will tyrannically suck away the essence of all other lotuses around into itself, to become the most outstanding overlord among all flower blooms.

It was said that it grew in a place many feet deep underground, and was guarded by high level demon beasts, extremely difficult to get.

In that package..... could it be the legendary Sacred Buddha Palm Lotus?

The look in Qing Yu's eyes changed slightly. [These people who have appeared within these forbidden grounds so suddenly are here because of it? And what was even more unbelievable is that the Sacred Buddha Palm Lotus is in the Faint Mist Sect?]

[What are these people's intentions in getting their hands on the Sacred Buddha Palm Lotus?]

Faced with the malevolently murderous black robed assassins, Xi Zhan Chen merely curled up a corner of his lips in an almost imperceptible smirk, his voice soft and gently pleasing as he said: "You know me?"

"Ha! The greatest divine grade assassin throughout the lands, who doesn't know you? It is said that never had anyone ever lived at Xi Zhan Chen's hands, so I would really like to find out myself, to see if you're really as good as those rumors say."

The assassin leader's words were laced with barbs, and his gaze suddenly turned to look at Qing Yu just a short distance away. The scorn on his face grew more intense and he said: "The greatest assassin is indeed different from others, even needing a beauty to accompany him when carrying out a mission. What a pity for this little beauty, as she will not be so lucky to live through today."

Qing Yu was at a loss for words. "..... ?!"

[What does this mean?]

[Are they going to start with her??]

[She was keeping such a low presence here! Who has she offended?!]

Huddled beside her, the tiny beast silently took a bite of the succulently roasted rabbit, and then mumbled almost unintelligibly with its mouth full: "Mother, they seem to have misunderstood. Are you going to explain it to them a little?"

[Little one, you're really so innocent. Who will believe you even if you tell them you're not together in this affair?]

[Moreover, this bunch of fellas look like they would rather kill off an innocent person rather than mistakenly let off an accomplice. Even though it's true that they are not accomplices of Xi Zhan Chen, this bunch of assassins will definitely not be so benevolent to let them go.]

Just as those thoughts were running through her mind, she suddenly heard Xi Zhan Chen open his mouth to say: "I am not acquainted with this person, and she does not have anything to do with this. Do not implicate people who are not involved."

Qing Yu could not help but be taken aback a moment. She had not thought that the king of dark nights, called the merciless reaper of souls in the rumors, was not exactly..... a person like she would have imagined.

She thought, even if he did not make any moves to kill her, he would definitely not bother about her at all. Never had she expected that he would open his mouth to try to absolve her of any involvement.

Qing Yu's lips curved up into a smile. [What an exceptional kind of assassin,]

"Not acquainted? Then why are you speaking up for her? Hmm, so the greatest assassin throughout these lands is actually so benevolent and merciful. But regardless of whether you know each other or not, this woman will leave her life behind here today....."

The person who said that was another man standing on the left of the leader. He had a smug and arrogant look on him as the expression on his face froze for an instant behind his face veil. A thin line of blood appeared on his neck, as it turned into a tiny stream that flowed into his shirt collar, slowly dripping onto the soil, staining the ground red beneath his feet.

The others standing close to him did not even have time to react, but just wondered why he was suddenly not doing anything, and before they could even reach a hand out to touch him, the man's body had already fallen heavily to the ground with a crash.

Blood sprayed out madly onto the ground under his body.

That sudden turn of events caused the faces on the group of assassins to change immediately. [What is going on?]

[Who was the one that made that move?]

[It must be him!]

The greatest assassin throughout the lands was not only nicknamed the soul reaper, it was rumored that the speed of his sword was at a level that belonged to an entirely different realm. No one has ever seen his sword before, and that was how the fame of his quick blade came about, because the speed of his sword was matched by no other, where anyone who saw him wield his sword was already dead.

No one lived before Xi Zhan Chen's blade and that was no mere rumor.

The reason all these people before him were still living was only because he was too lazy to make a move against them.

"Xi Zhan Chan, you have better not carry things too far. I do not believe with so many of us here, that we're unable to take you down!"

When one of the assassins shouted out in rage, several figures charged forward to surround him. In Xi Zhan Chen's eyes, these people were merely a bunch of insects, who could be dealt with in just one breath's time.

But without even waiting for him to make a single move, the bodies of the assassins suddenly started to twitch and spasm one after another, their hands clutched around their own necks as they ended their own lives.

??

Not knowing how to react, Xi Zhan Chen was a little dumbfounded for once.

But something seemed to dawn upon him the next moment when he turned to look at the young lady who had come to stand up from the ground. She dusted her palms and noticing that he was looking at her, she gave him a mischievous smile and said: "Villains usually die due to having talked too much."

Xi Zhan Chen almost smiled as he said to her: "It's not safe here. You'd better leave quickly!"

Upon saying that, he turned himself around and continued on his way.

Qing Yu saw that and she went following behind him. The little ball of coal who had dealt with an entire roasted rabbit at an unthinkably incredulous speed also quickly hopped itself up onto Qing Yu's shoulder.

Xi Zhan Chen heard footsteps behind him but did not turn around, and merely just said in an emotionless voice: "You'd better not follow me. Careful as that might invite mortal disaster onto yourself."

"Just going the same way. I'm not following you." Qing Yu replied.

The man did not say anything else.

Qing Yu quickened her steps to catch up and posed him a question. "Are you really Xi Zhan Chen, the soul reaper who had killed countless people?"

"What, I don't look like it?" Seeming to find her rather interesting, Xi Zhan Chen was not stingy with his words as he responded to her.

"Mm. For a killer to be as kind as you, it must be rather tough isn't it?" Qing Yu voiced out the thing puzzling her.

"Kind?" Xi Zhan Chen arched up an eyebrow. That was a refreshing choice of words to describe him.

"It is said that you do not harm the frail elderly and children, and rejects missions where there is too great a disparity in power, as that would make you look like you're be bullying the weak, disliking one sided battles?"

Hearing that, Xi Zhan Chen laughed softly and then said slowly: "I grew up in the poorest slums, the lowest rungs of society in these lands when I was very young. A gang of bandits then came to loot and plunder the place. As I was the youngest one there, it was the people living there who were seen by society to be lowly like common grass that gave up their own lives to enable me to live. Ever since then, that was the rule I set for myself."

No matter who, everyone had a soft spot deep in their hearts. For Xi Zhan Chen, it was this memory from when he was a young child, when his life was without worries. Although he did not have riches and honour, nor lavish clothes or fine food, that was when he was happiest without much of a care, contented with life.

Now, he has more gold and silver than he can count, holds highly enviable powers and status, but he was unable to find the same feeling he felt when he was a young child.

Qing Yu was a little surprised. Clearly, she had not thought that her innocuous attempt to get closer to the man, as she harboured designs on the Sacred Buddha Palm Lotus the man was holding in his hand, would make the man tell her such things so frankly.

Xi Zhan Chen narrowed his eyes as he shot her a glance. "Ha, I do not know why I am even telling a young lass that I have never known before all this. Have I met you before?"

Qing Yu did not know what to say. [They have met indeed. But your mind was clouded and unclear at that time, so you couldn't possibly be able to remember who you met back then.....]

After having walked for a good while, seeing that Xi Zhan Chen did not say anything to try to chase her away, it seemed like he had silently consented to allowing Qing Yu to continue to follow him.

But the thought in Qing Yu mind was telling herself that the reason this fella did not feel any aversion towards her was probably because of the Snake Tribe's blood in his body. As the original form of the weapon spirit in her own body was the king of snakes, the Great Rhino Golden Python itself, that must be why he feels close to her!

[Mm. that must be it. Otherwise, if he knew that she was doing this because she wanted to swipe the Sacred Buddha Palm Lotus from his hands, he will probably end her life with a single stroke of his sword.]

[As for that other fella Little Bei, he has always been quick witted and nimble minded, so nothing should happen to him for a good while. She has to think of a way to get her hands on the Sacred Buddha Palm Lotus right before her eyes first.....]

Chapter 192: He's So Simple That She Feels Rather Guilty

It has already been half a day since Qing Yu went missing and Mu Lai had always been highly concerned about her. After she came to know that she went to the forbidden grounds, she had flown to the Soul Cultivators department to throw a big fit.

'Boom~'

The Soul Cultivators Department's classroom was so recklessly wrecked by the wilful demoness and someone could no longer endure it any longer but spoke up to say: "You're being too much! We did not force her to go into the forbidden grounds but she went there on her own accord! You're being so unreasonabl....."

The last syllable of the word "unreasonable had not even been spoken when Mu Lai's face turned dark, the snake whip at her hip already lashing out with a whizz straight towards the person who spoke. The person quickly dodged but was still struck on the sleeve, the arm feeling a throbbing pain.

Before he could even kick up a fuss, he saw the terrifyingly icy cold expression on the woman's face as she came walking closer one step at a time, her voice without the slightest temperature as she said: "Do you think that no one knows about all the things you did? Let me tell you this now. If Qing Yu comes to any harm inside the forbidden grounds, it will not be enough for all of you even if you have ten lives!"

"Who do you think you are? You think we're to be intimidated by you!?" Someone shouted indignantly.

After joining the Faint Mist Sect, any background identity they possessed outside was no longer of much use in here, so most of the people were hiding their identities. Hence, Mu Lai's identity as the Elixir Cultivators Clan's young lord was naturally not known to anyone in the Faint Mist Sect.

She was merely seen to be a greatly talented Elixir Cultivator who came from a common average family.

Hearing those words, Mu Lai's lips stiffened and she gazed at the person like she was looking at a dead person. "Whether all of you are intimidated or not does not matter. What matters is that I, Mu Lai have never been one prone to lies. Since you people are courting death, I would not mind helping the Faint Mist Sect to get rid of a few despicable scum, and consider it as doing a good deed."

"Mu Lai?" That person was a little stunned as he stood with his eyes wide. "You are the Lady Demoness of the Elixir Cultivators Clan Mu Lai!?"

[Could it really be so coincidental!?]

That woman whom it was said to possess stronger fighting prowess than many men, unparalleled skill in Medicine, a dual cultivator of Medicine and martial arts, her skills equally great in both areas of cultivation, known as the most outstanding talent of the Elixir Cultivators Clan.

The most important point was that she was also the Elixir Cultivators Clan's young lord. With such a vast and immense clan behind her, she was not someone anyone could afford to offend carelessly.

Throughout the lands, the last person anyone should offend would be an Elixir Cultivator, as no one could possibly guarantee that they would never ever get injured or fall ill. At those times, good relations with Elixir Cultivators would be most useful to have.

Even though there might be many more Elixir Cultivators than one could count in that profession, but they were all still greatly respected and revered by people.

The Mu Family was the Constellation Lands' biggest Elixir Cultivator Family Clan and a great number of accomplished disciples from many different sects and clans who finished their training would go join the Mu Family Clan in order to earn a living. It could be said that as long as the Mu Family wished to, they could easily sever any Elixir Cultivators' livelihood throughout the entire lands, the status and power they wield easy to see.

And standing right before them, was the young lord who would in future come to hold the reins that controlled the entire Elixir Cultivators Clan, and they have actually offended her!

Upon realizing that, everyone's face drained of color and immediately became quiet as a mouse.

Till Ming Yi Yi and Ming Jing came in after hearing the commotion. Everyone then heaved a sigh of relief like they had just seen their savior.

The events that have happened were already made known to them. After being infuriated by the stupidity of these people in their Soul Cultivators Department, they were also feeling very guilty and anxious as well. Ming Yi Yi held Mu Lai's arm and said comfortingly: "Mu Lai, don't get so agitated yet. Qing Yu is so highly skilled and she's so intelligent. She will definitely be fine."

The expression on Mu Lai's face did not soften as she silently pulled her arm away. Her face was expressionless as she said: "I would naturally know that she is highly skilled. She has always presented herself to be so strong and it seems as if nothing will be able to defeat her. But she is after all just a young fifteen-year-old lass and with all the many treacherous dangers in those forbidden grounds, how could she possibly be able to handle it all by herself!?"

She clearly knew that this matter had nothing to do with Ming Yi Yi and her elder brother, but they were still members of the Soul Cultivators Department, she was unable to get over herself at that very moment.

After saying that, she did not remain there long but just turned around to walk out from there. Ming Yi Yi quickly went on to ask her: "Where are you going?"

"I am going to see the Sect Leader, to ask him to open the way into the forbidden grounds for me. I am going in to save Qing Yu."

"The Sect Leader will never agree to that. The forbidden grounds have never once been opened for anyone for so many years, because it is so dangerous in there. You will not stand much of a chance in there yourself." Ming Jing's voice was indifferent as he said that.

Mu Lai's steps halted, and it almost sounded like she laughed scoffingly. "So what if he does not agree to it? I'll just barge my way in there. No one had ever been able to stop me from what I want to do. Moreover, if anything happens to Qing Yu in the Faint Mist Sect, I wonder what kind of trouble might come to befall onto the Faint Mist Sect."

Not to mention how highly concerned one of the top pugilists of these lands, the Duke of Vast Seas was towards Qing Yu, there was also that unfathomably profound violet eyed man. Just his majestic demeanor alone told that he was definitely no ordinary man. Her initial guess about the man was that he was not from this realm.

Which one between those two men was not an entity able to stir up a tempestuous storm with a single flip of their hand? To take down the Faint Mist Sect, would merely be a matter of lifting a single finger.

So her actions would actually save the Faint Mist Sect. It would be good if they choose to cooperate. If they refuse, then there was nothing she could do about it.

And the Lightning Blaze Unicorn that had been sent here into the Faint Mist Sect as a spy by Lou Jun Yao had immediately snuck his way into the forbidden grounds when he came to know that Qing Yu had gone in there. As a level twelve high grade spirit beast, that was already a highly dominant level in this low leveled lands, the other beasts scattering wherever he was, reigning high above all.

Needless to mention a single demon beast on the entire journey for Qing Yu and Xi Zhan Chen, they did not even see a single bird in the trees. She was still thinking it rather strange, not knowing that all the beasts have been sent running away to hide, from the Lightning Blaze Unicorn's commanding presence.

"It's rather strange that I actually encountered a whole wave of demon beasts when I came in here but there isn't even a shadow of a single spirit beast around now." Xi Zhan Chen curved up the ends of his lips to say, seemingly rather puzzled.

Qing Yu raised an eyebrow and looked at him. "When did you come in here?"

"Three days ago." Xi Zhan Chen replied.

Qing Yu was a little bewildered. "Why have you remained in here for so long?"

"The Sacred Buddha Palm Lotus only bloomed last night. I keep watch for two days in there, and only picked it after it fully matured this morning." Xi Zhan Chen lifted the package in his hand as he said, like he was not guarding against her at all.

Qing Yu's eyes flashed with a glint. "Aren't you an assassin? Why would you accept a mission like this?"

"An assassin's mission does not always require one to kill a person." Xi Zhan Chen replied with a smile.

The man was just too good looking and when his aura was restrained, it was impossible to tell that he was really an assassin at all. Moreover, he did not give off the sharp and severe murderous aura like most assassins did, nor was his face frighteningly fiendish, but instead had a mesmerizing pair of eyes.

"I heard that you rarely accept any missions, so I can't help but wonder how much is the offered remuneration for your services this time." Qing Yu asked with interest showing on her face. "Since the Sacred Buddha Palm Lotus is so hard to get, the price would not come cheap."

But Xi Zhan Chen merely shook his head to reply: "I am just returning someone a favor this time, and am not on a mission."

Qing Yu curved up the corners of her lips and said with an eyebrow arched up: "Isn't this too big a favor that you're repaying this time? The Sacred Buddha Palm Lotus is ranked fourth on the chart for the rarest and most precious treasures and the commission being paid out in the market for anyone who is able to bring one back is at least a million, with an additional million if it's brought back in perfect condition. But here you are with absolutely no benefit to yourself, and getting yourself pursued by groups of killers, and going without sleep for two days and two nights in order to pick the flower when it's at its most perfect condition, even getting injured in the process. This transaction is disadvantageous to you no matter how you look at it, have you actually lost your mind?"

The expression on Xi Zhan Chen's face became rather surprised. "How did you know all this?"

"I am an Elixir Cultivator, and I would naturally know a thing or two about rare herbs and its like." Qing Yu went on to explain, as her gaze fell to look at the hand holding the package. "The petals of the Sacred Buddha Palm Lotus are filled with fine barbs and you must have failed to notice that when you scraped your hand. Since it absorbed your blood, it would now be more beautiful looking and its medicinal effects have become even stronger."

"Why?" Xi Zhan Chen asked in incomprehension.

"The Sacred Buddha Palm Lotus is a divine herb with miraculous effects. Because it is essentially a devilish flower, it innately has a thirst for blood. Very few people know this, but only when it has drunk fresh blood after it has fully bloomed, would it then become a true Sacred Buddha Palm Lotus. Inversely, without fresh blood, even if it has fully matured, its medicinal effects would not be as miraculous."

"I see." Xi Zhan Chan understood and then curled up the ends of his lips. "I had not thought that my blood would benefit this thing here."

However, Qing Yu shook her head and looked at him out of the corner of her eye. "That thing is demonic and it sucked your blood. Do you feel that there's anything wrong with your body?"

"No." Xi Zhan Chen answered.

"....." [Unique bloodline indeed. And that is why he is completely unaffected?]

Qing Yu was speechless for a moment. She considered the situation and then went on to say: "Be a little more careful even if you feel fine. The Sacred Buddha Palm Lotus is poisonous and as you touched it, the effects might manifest later after some time though you do not feel anything now."

Xi Zhan Chen stared in bewilderment at the white porcelain bottle that had been forcibly stuffed in his hand, unable to react for a moment.

"To be ingested, once a day. It will prevent any sudden symptoms of poisoning."

His eyes did not turn away from the tiny delicate little bottle for a long while, and a glint flashed very fleetingly in his eyes for a very brief moment. His beautiful crimson phoenix eyes then filled with a gentle smile and his voice was clear and soothing as he spoke, like the slow trickling of a stream, very comforting to hear.

"Thank you. This is the first time someone is being so concerned about me."

The pair of eyes looked at her with a tinge of earnestness in them, and Qing Yu was suddenly feeling a little guilty when her eyes met his.

She was merely trying to get a little closer to him, so that he would let down his guard against her, that will then allow her to succeed in swiping the Sacred Buddha Palm Lotus right out of his hands!

[What's this about care and concern? It is all merely part of a sneaky scheme, do you have to take it so seriously.....]

That would only make her feel even more guilty.

[And how could a divine and godly level assassin, have a personality that was so..... Innocently naive!?]

She immediately felt as if she was committing a most evil and nefarious travesty.

[But the Sacred Buddha Palm Lotus, was something that she must get her hands on no matter what. To piece her mother's fragmented soul back together, she needs this herb, the Sacred Buddha Palm Lotus. So, by whatever means possible, it wouldn't matter even if she has to pull a little trick.]

[She was the one who saved this fella's life anyway, and she had not received a single cent in repayment. So..... she is merely taking one single herb from him, which is more than a bargain for him. Mm. That's absolutely right.]

Qing Yu then felt the little bit of guilt she was feeling suddenly dissolve into nothing.

[Tsk tsk tsk. The greatest assassin is indeed different from others, always a beautiful lady accompanying him. But the lady this time is a different one and is even more beautiful than the previous one. What great luck with women you have....."

As the evil and malevolent voice rang out, several people had suddenly appeared in front of them without a sound. One of them was a towering burly brute, his eyes measuring Qing Yu head to toe with fiery fervor, like he was gauging up a succulent and fatty piece of meat.

Qing Yu's lips stiffened up and before she had even said a word, the man beside her shifted his body slightly, innocuously blocking her from the people who had appeared so suddenly.

Chapter 193: Was He Flirting With Her

Qing Yu's eyes flashed with a glint, seemingly a little moved by the gesture.

Xi Zhan Chen looked at the towering man expressionlessly, his voice tinged with a barely perceptible sliver of murder. "Keep that gaze of yours away."

The man tilted his head back and laughed highly arrogantly, and he turned his eyes to fix upon the attractive figure of the young lady with an exquisitely beautiful face, even going on to boorishly lick his lips with his tongue, his face lascivious like he would like nothing more than to rip off all her clothes.

"Xi Zhan Chen, if you know what's good for you, then leave that thing you are carrying in your hand and the woman behind. We can make this very easy for you." The man's tone was arrogant, like he really thought nothing of this man who was the subject of legends.

The corners of Xi Zhan Chen's lips curled up, a highly dazzling arc. He had never been seen to smile like that, but even though that was the case, the grave and sinister aura surrounding his body did not reduce in the slightest, sending chills to run up one's spine unconsciously.

The oppressive aura of a divine grade assassin was not something that anyone was able to resist against.

The mirth on the face of the man who had been so arrogant a moment ago suddenly stiffened up, and he then let out a pitiful cry as he clamped his hands right over his eyes, where bright red blood began to flow out through the gaps between his fingers.

And right at his feet, rolled two grisly highly bloodied eyeballs on the ground, covered in a layer of dust and soil.

"ARRRGH~ Xi Zhan Chen! I am going to have your life for this!"

The excruciating pain from having lost his eyes threw the man into a maniacal frenzy, the blood flowing incessantly down his face, his eye sockets just two black holes, a frightening sight to behold.

The expression on Xi Zhan Chen's face was unaffected. "I did warn you to keep your eyes away."

Qing Yu was completely blocked by the man's tall figure right in front of her, and the towering man really was not able to see all that much of the young lady anymore, but that nauseating gaze of his had made Xi Zhan Chen very uncomfortable.

And once he was discomfited, he would naturally make the offender see blood, or rather not see anything in this case.

His actions here was clearly taunting, and when all the other men saw their comrade suffered such a grievous injury, rage flared up from within. "Xi Zhan Chen! You've gone too far and we will make you pay for it with your life here today!"

These few people were all highly vicious and merciless felons, and they were here seeking the high commission offered for the Sacred Buddha Palm Lotus, people who did not fear death. To be able to hold their own in these lands for so many years, they were naturally people of some ability. Compared to the bunch of assassins who appeared previously, these men were prepared to lay down their lives for what they sought, and would be a troublesome group.

They did not believe that the man before their eyes would be as profound and unfathomable as the legends say he was, thinking they were just merely exaggerated rumors, so they were feeling a lot more confident than they should.

On the outside, Xi Zhan Chen merely looked to be a more beautiful version of another regular weak scholarly man, who did not carry the sharp and severe demeanor that one would be able to see in a merciless assassin with just one look, nor did he have a malevolent and villainous-looking face.

Such a highly deceiving-looking face, was however usually the first reason men like them would end up losing their lives.

Before them, the bodies of the burly-looking men who looked incredibly strong then started to change, their movements in unison, like they were executing the same martial arts form, imbued with thunderous force, unstoppable in its power.

An enormous fist took form high up in the sky, and if it were to smash down, not to mention a human being, it would even smash a hole through hard steel.

Qing Yu looked up at the fist overhead, an eyebrow rising up with interest. "I had not thought that these guys would actually possess some abilities. But their martial arts technique only has form but no soul. That weakens its power by a whole lot!"

"You're well versed in martial arts as well?" Xi Zhan Chen asked, looking at the young lady with a smile.

Qing Yu tilted her head back coyly. "I know a little."

The man's eyes were gentle as he said: "Do you want to see the sword I have?"

Qing Yu blinked her eyes. "Can I?"

Xi Zhan Chen, the greatest assassin of legend was the fastest sword under the Heavens. Against his enemies, they would not even able to see the shadow of his sword before they came to breathe their last.

Hence, it was known to be one of the most mysterious weapons throughout the lands.

The gigantic fist filled with immense dangerous hung threateningly close, but the two of them were still chatting there like there was no one else around. Just as the group of men intensified their powers to send the massive fist crashing down, they suddenly heard the soft whistling sound of wind right by their ears.

[Sound of the wind?]

[No! That's not the wind, it's the Qi from a sword!]

But it was already too late by the time they came to react. The rock-solid fist form in the air suddenly looked like it was torn to shreds by a ferocious beasts, turning into mist as it dissipated into the air.

The tongue-tied men stared with wide-eyed astoundment, and a line of blood then came to appear running right down the middle of their forehead to their chin, before their bodies crumpled to the ground, all of them dead and unmoving.

Qing Yu's eyes blinked in surprise, and then blinked again, unable to believe her own eyes.

[She..... She had not seen how Xi Zhan Chen made his move at all!!]

[What kind of a freak is this man!? His powers are just too Heaven-defying!!]

[The name as the fastest sword throughout the lands was truly justified and well deserved!!]

Seeing the myriad changes in the expressions she showed on her face, Xi Zhan Chen could not help but laugh softly. He then stretched out a long slender arm and a jet black long sword with mysterious and intricate carvings suddenly appeared in his hand.

At the top of the sword's hilt, was the head of a snake spitting its forked tongue, its lifelike eyes two shiny black obsidian stones, looking almost like it was alive.

The man then stretched his thumb out to push the sword's hilt up a little. The instant the sword came out from its sheath, a sharp icy glint flashed out, stirring up the hair on Qing Yu's shoulder to flutter slightly.

Qing Yu's eyes lit up, and she could not help but exclaim in praise: "Truly a great sword!"

Xi Zhan Chen smiled and pushed the sword back into its sheath before he said: "This sword's name is called Evil's Dazzle, a demonic sword from a highly ancient period that took an almighty entity three hundred years to craft with power from the Dark Abyss, after devouring tens of thousands of living souls."

Qing Yu could not help but knit her brows together. "An evil sword? Why then are you....."

All weapons and artifacts that could be termed as an evil artifact would have its own spirit. If one was unable to truly control the artifact spirit, the person's body would come to suffer grievous harm, his life essence sucked away by the evil spirit, till he dies completely drained out.

Xi Zhan Chen saw the puzzlement on her face and he brought the Evil's Dazzle closer to her. "Do you want to touch it?"

"I can?" Qing Yu became even more surprised.

Once a spiritual artifact's attains a spirit, it does not allow anyone to violate it easily. Besides its owner, no one else can touch it.

[And this person..... is letting her touch his weapon?]

Seeing Qing Yu hesitate, Xi Zhan Chen went on to put Evil's Dazzle straight into her hand. She almost wanted to toss the sword out of her hands by reflex but she came to discover there she was feeling perfectly fine.

Xi Zhan Chen laughed, and then explained to her: "You only need to completely tame it, and it will do what you want it to do."

"You can completely tame an artifact spirit?" Qing Yu asked disbelievingly.

One will know just by seeing how her own weapon spirit had run away from home. If one sought to have such proud beings like them to submit themselves completely to a human, that would only be possible if it was done through a master servant contract, placing them at an absolute disadvantageous position.

"You only need to beat them til they submit obediently." Xi Zhan Chen said nonchalantly. "When it first came to attain its spirit, it audaciously sought to take over my body by hiding itself inside, but was discovered in the end. I bashed it up till its spirit almost scattered and dissipated. Ever since then, it has been completely docile and obedient."

[That entire process, was believed that it would have been too brutal to see. She was really still too gentle.]

"You must be a disciple of the Faint Mist Sect right? It is said that these are forbidden grounds and disciples would be punished for trespassing in here." Xi Zhan Chen suddenly looked like he remembered something and he opened his mouth to say after a long while.

Speaking about that, Qing Yu's brows creased up and she let out a low curse: "Damn it, I almost forgot all about Little Bei."

Seeing her look a little perplexed, Xi Zhan Chen subconsciously asked with concern: "What's wrong?"

"It's all because of the Three Great Sects' Friendship Meet. My younger brother managed to get a spot as a participant which made people jealous, so they used despicable means to try to force him to give up his spot, and I do not know which corner of this place he is in now." Qing Yu said helplessly as she covered her forehand with her hand.

Hearing that, Xi Zhan Chen's lips curved up in a smile. "I had thought how great the Faint Mist Sect really was, said to be paradise on earth, like an immortals' realm. So they are just a bunch of shallow fame seeking miscreants."

"Don't fret. I'll look for him with you." Xi Zhan Chen said as he patted her reassuringly on the shoulder.

He could have just leave the place after getting the Sacred Buddha Palm Lotus and Feng Qi was waiting outside with the others for him, but he had unexpectedly met this young lady.

He was thinking that he might have been poisoned in some way. To think that he..... did not really want to leave so quickly, or rather, he didn't want to be unable to see her.

In the place where his heart was, he felt a kind of stirring that he had never felt before. He really felt as if he had met her somewhere before, so he was not guarded against the young lady, but was instead highly trusting.

If Feng Qi and the others knew, that he would one day have emotions rise up in him like this, they would all definitely think that he had been possessed.

——

"Hmph! Really wonder what kind of a prestigious background that Qing Yu holds, where even the Sect Leader himself would think that she is so important that he made everyone come in here with such great fanfare just to look for her? Is it just because she is a prodigious all element wielder?"

"Stop complaining already. The Sect Leader ordered that she must be found before nightfall today."

The young lady with great hearing accidentally heard the debating voices up ahead and her eyes flashed with a glint. She then said to the man beside her: "Let's go. We'll avoid those people first."

"They seem to be looking for you. Aren't you going out to meet them?" Xi Zhan Chen asked in surprise.

"Ha! These forbidden grounds are not easy to traverse, and I would not want to be moving together with them as they would just drag me down by having to save them." Qing Yu answered, her face expressionless.

After seeing what those scoundrels in the Soul Cultivators Department did, she no longer had such a good impression of the Faint Mist Sect as a whole.

Once she had gathered all her mother's soul fragments, she would not continue to remain in this place with such a toxic atmosphere.

Seeing her cold and unfeeling little face, Xi Zhan Chen could not help but laugh. "Your character is really rather....."

"Coldhearted?" Qing Yu queried with a sidelong glance directed towards the man.

The man however went on to shake his head, his voice gentle as he replied: "Adorable."

"....." [Why does she feel like he is flirting with her?]

Curled up tightly in a tiny coal-colored ball and trying to diminish its presence to the lowest, the tiny ball of coal secretly nudged Qing Yu's arm lightly, silently indicating that the man was indeed flirting with Mother, and that she must not be deceived by his looks. [Meatball already has a father and you must not explore the birds and the bees behind Father's back!]

Meatball was able to directly communicate with Qing Yu's spirit consciousness and after she heard what the little ball of coal said, Qing Yu was stunned for a moment before she asked in bewilderment. "When did you come to have a father?"

"Doesn't Mother remember? You previously pushed Father down on the bed and even kissed him. How can you be so irresponsible!?" Meatball's mushy-sounding voice rose up in complaint.

[Damn it. Is this little furball talking about Lou Jun Yao?

[That was just one big misunderstanding alright? And she can explain it all.....]

Chapter 194: When It Rains, It's a Torrential Downpour

There was only one day left to the Three Great Sects' Friendship Meet and the sun was already hanging low over the western horizon with nightfall imminent.

Everyone who had been searching in the forbidden grounds for the entire day were gathered together to reorganize themselves.

"Where do you think that lass could possibly be? How could we possibly not have found a single trace of her?" Su Li Mo was leaning back against a tree, his handsome-looking face grave.

Luo Lan Zhi narrowed his eyes and then said in a soft voice: "Did you notice that many unfamiliar auras have appeared within these forbidden grounds?"

The expression on Su Li Mo's face looked a little startled and he then recollected himself. "Are you saying that someone has broken his way in? That is not possible. You should know very well how freakishly strong those three fellas guarding the place are. Just one of them alone will be a headache enough for anyone, not to mention the three of them joining forces, even our Chief might not be able to do anything about it. How could anyone possibly be able to shake them off and sneak their way in?"

"There is a possibility for any situation and not just that, the demonic air in these forbidden grounds has become more savage." Luo Lan Zhi gazed thoughtfully into the distance ahead and then said: "I fear that the secret kept in these forbidden grounds will not remain hidden much longer."

On the other side of the grounds, Qing Bei and the cohort of people encountered all sorts of danger but they managed to get out from them unscathed. After Qing Bei helped them escape danger several times, that group of people have come to trust him very much.

Because Qing Bei had been able to predict the dangers before they happened, such an amazing ability must be fully utilized. The scar faced leader of the group then said to Qing Bei: "Little Brother, are you able to foresee who the person that took the Sacred Buddha Palm Lotus is?"

Having come such a long way with these people, Qing Bei had naturally known their objective. They had come here to snatch a particular precious treasure from these forbidden grounds.

The Sacred Buddha Palm Lotus had the miraculous ability to revive the dead and reconverge one's soul. Coincidentally, it happened that the precious bloom was supposed to mature in these couple of days and it was not known how people came to know that the Sacred Buddha Palm Lotus was hidden here in the Faint Mist Sect. Once the news leaked out, it drew many covetous eyes to the place.

It was said that some high entity had offered a high reward in gold, that if anyone was able to deliver the Sacred Buddha Palm Lotus in a pristine condition before him, he would give that person ten million even though the market offered rate was merely two million.

At such a sky high price, how could people not be enticed? Especially people of the tumultuous pugilist world who lived by the edge of their sword in constant strife, where they would need money the most, all started coming here in droves.

And this group of people, was just one among many.

Hearing that, an image then suddenly flashed in Qing Bei's mind, which caused his eyes to flare wide.

[It's Qing Yu.....]

[Why has she come in here as well?]

[She must have come to look for him after discovering that he had gone missing, and that is why she is here.]

[But this place is really just too dangerous.]

Even though he was unable to describe that feeling, but throughout the journey, he just had this feeling of unease, where in here..... There was something really terrifying.

This will not do. He must quickly find Qing Yu. Although she is highly skilled and hold quite a few trump cards, she is however unable to foresee the danger in here. He can only feel at ease when he is together with her.

He only had Qing Yu now, who has always been protecting him. But now, he has to also at least try to protect her with whatever weak powers he has.

And right at that moment, in a certain place within the forbidden grounds, something had spawned and was spreading soundlessly, stirring malevolently, seeming like it was about to break free from its shackles inside the deep abyss.

— White Fen Lands —

In the Feng Family.

"Young Master, an esteemed guest came to visit and the Family Head has requested for your presence." Soft knocking was heard from outside the door, and a servant's voice rang out respectfully.

"Young Master? Are you in there Young Master?"

There was no response from inside and the person outside the door hesitated for a moment before he reached his hand out slowly, thinking to push the door open. But before he could even touch the door, an ink black shadow suddenly struck him on his arm, and he felt an agonizing pain like his arm had been torn off by a ferocious beast.

The servant's face turned pale and he fell to the ground in agony. It was probably much too painful for him to even cry out.

"Still not going to get lost?"

What sounded next was a man's low enchanting voice. "I've said that I do not like anyone coming into my room and if you're deaf, I can help clean out your ears for you next time."

[Heh, what about washing them out with blood?]

All color drained out from the servant's face and he kowtowed his head soundly hard on the ground as he said: "Your lowly servant knows his mistake already. I beg for the Young Master to..... forgive me"

It was said that the Feng Family's Second Young Master was weak and timid, highly mediocre and incompetent. But who would have known that after the Young Master fell off a horse in an accident a few years ago, he had completely changed as a person.

Hidden beneath his genteel and refined looks, was actually cruelty and bloodthirstiness, where no one in the Feng Family dared to go against him. Even the First Young Master was now completely deferential to the Second Young Master and he became highly valued by the Family Head.

Anyone who offended him have never come to a good end where dying without their body intact would be considered a light punishment.

But today, it seemed like he was in a rather good mood. The servant trembled in fear for a while and then heard the man open his mouth to say: "Scram. I will be there in awhile."

[Has he..... been spared?]

The servant felt as if he had cheated death and he went on to strike his head hard on the ground a couple more times in kowtow before saying: "Thank you Second Young Master. Your servant shall take his leave."

He then quickly departed from the courtyard that no one wanted to ask about in a hurried haste.

The most terrifying task in the Feng Family was to go deliver messages to the Second Master's place, as the slightest misstep could easily cost them their lives.

In the room, behind heavy layers of curtains, the tall and slender figure of a man could be faintly seen lounging back on the bed, wearing only a thin white inner robe that hung loosely on his body which came to reveal a strong muscular chest, devastatingly beautiful.

Upon that gracefully handsome and soul stirringly good looking countenance, a gorgeous arc slowly rose, the light of a million sparkling stars filling up his radiantly brilliant eyes.

"Qing Qing, you are also springing such surprises on me. To think that you will turn up there in that place."

The man laughed softly, the expression on his face doting and tender. "But I firmly believe that you will walk out from that alive. Afterall, you are the girl destined for me. Only you who holds such power can stand by my side, to truly become..... my woman."

——

"What's wrong?" Xi Zhan Chen looked at the young lady whose steps had suddenly halted and asked in puzzlement.

It was for just an instant that Qing Yu felt a sense of hair raising terror.

Her heart had stopped for that one instant, and it had felt so oppressive she found herself unable to breathe.

And where had that feeling come from out of the blue? She really did not have the slightest idea. If only Little Bei was around, maybe he would be able to provide some clues.

"Qing Yu?"

Seeing her not saying a word and in a daze, Xi Zhan Chen could not help but call out to her one more time.

It was only then that Qing Yu managed to come back to her senses and turned around to look at him to ask in a soft voice: "Did you feel that?"

"What?" Xi Zhan Chen was confused.

Qing Yu did not say anything. [Since he did not feel anything, it looks like that feeling was directed only at her alone.]

"Xi Zhan Chen, do you know the way out?"

"Yes, I do. But aren't you trying to find a person?" Xi Zhan Chen thought that she wanted to leave the place, and could not help feeling surprised.

Qing Yu nodded and replied: "I am trying to find my younger brother, but I do not want to trouble you too much, so maybe you should leave first. I'll be fine on my own."

Xi Zhan Chen knitted his brows. "I do not find it to be any trouble. Moreover, it is not safe for you alone."

"Don't you have to bring the Sacred Buddha Palm Lotus out from here? You spent a few days waiting for it to mature and bloom, and I would think that it's something very important....."

"I'm in no hurry." Xi Zhan Chen went on to interrupt her words. He narrowed his eyes and then said: "What's wrong? You're acting a little strange."

[She had suddenly stopped and seemed to realize something. But why..... does she not want to tell him and is now telling him to leave?]

Qing Yu was feeling a little helpless. [This fella is being quite stubborn and it looks like he has decided that he's not leaving. The key thing here is what reason can she give to make him leave?]

Although she really was really rather keen on getting her hands on that Sacred Buddha Palm Lotus, she did not want to drag the innocent into this. The man might be an assassin, but he was an exceptionally kind one, all the more reason he should not end up being buried in this place.

But this time, even she herself was feeling a little flustered, fearful that she might not be able to get out of this unscathed.

"Xi Zhan Chen, listen to me. We're merely strangers who recently became acquainted by chance and as the greatest assassin, you should probably be rather temperamental, and wouldn't like to get yourself dragged into other people's business." Qing Yu said unfeelingly, her tone a little forceful.

But how could Xi Zhan Chen not know that she was just trying to anger him, and was trying to make him leave on his own accord?

"You do not have to worry about that. I will not be leaving unless it's together." His attitude was resolute.

"You....."

Qing Yu was almost about to explode with anger, but just at that moment, the mirthful voice of a man sounded out lazily: "Little fox?"

Qing Yu was startled and it was only till the voice called out to her again that she was able to react. She pulled out the small and exquisite little purple crystal ball from her hip and what met her eyes was the man's handsome face that seemed to have been crafted by the hands of the gods.

It had been at least twenty days since Lou Jun Yao left for Cloud Heaven, and having not seen her for quite a long while, he had started to miss her a little. An idea then came to him and he came to use the communication crystal ball, which would allow him to see whether the Little Fox had lost any weight recently.

With this one look, he discovered that she did not seem to be in the Faint Mist Sect, as the surroundings of the place she was in looked highly unfamiliar.

"Where are you?" Lou Jun Yao asked in bewilderment.

Qing Yu then answered: "This is the Faint Mist Sect's forbidden grounds."

Lou Jun Yao was slightly taken aback a moment before he went on to say: "Why would you go there? Did you encounter any danger? You'd better get out of there quick as the place feels a little evil. I do not know what kind of evil creature is kept in there and you would not be able to handle it on your own."

Qing Yu sighed, and said a little gloomily: "It's a long story, and I seemed to have run into something that's a little troublesome right now. I don't know whether I have come to wake something up but a chill feeling is running down my back and it seems like I..... cannot walk away from it."

That's right, unable to walk.

Hence she had asked Xi Zhan Chen to leave. Something must have locked her in somehow and that was why she had suddenly stopped walking just now, as she was unable to take another step forward.

Lou Jun Yao's brows furrowed up. "The Lightning Blaze Unicorn should have followed you in and he will find you very soon. Wait for me to come over and do not disconnect the communication device yet."

The young lady on the other end nodded her head, and it looked like she was going to say something when a thick fog suddenly rose up inside the crystal ball that blurred out everything, making it impossible for him to see at all.

Lou Jun Yao's face immediately turned dark and his voice rose in pitch. "Little Fox, are you alright?"

There was no response from the other side. Even their voices could no longer be heard. Lou Jun Yao's fists clenched up tightly and the air around him surged turbulently.

"My Lord, you just got back and your injuries from before still have not fully recovered. You cannot take on another journey....."

Standing guard on one side, Yue Ji's voice rang out persuasively.

But the moment she lifted her head up to look at the man who was supposed to be seated high up on the primary seat, she found it already empty.

At that speed, he had probably torn open a dimensional portal to go straight into the lower realm.

Yue Ji could not help but creased her brows together.

Chapter 195: Don't be Afraid, It's Alright Now

[The Lord..... seems to be a little much too concerned about that young lady.]

As the Lord of the Dark Lands, the king of a region in Cloud Heaven, that was not something great for a man like him.

The azure blue sky that had been free of clouds as far as the sky could see suddenly saw a hurricane stir, and thick roiling clouds dark as ink suddenly gathered and formed, ae an oppressively dark and suffocating air descended.

"Pfff~"

The pale faced young lady suddenly vomited out a mouthful of blood.

"Mother!"

Meatball quickly came scuttling out from within Qing Yu's sleeve and could no longer be bothered to hide the secret that it was actually capable of human speech as it looked at Qing Yi worriedly. "What's wrong Mother? Where are you hurt?"

Xi Zhan Chen held up the young lady who had nearly fallen to the ground with one arm and asked with furrowed brows. "What happened?"

He was feeling perfectly fine here but the young lady had suddenly looked like she suffered a severe hit, her face drained of all color.

Qing Yu knitted her brows and with a grunt, she slowly pushed her own body up to stand up, disbelief in her eyes as she looked at the thickening mass secretly congealing. How could this thing appear here.....

That was the very bane of her purest bloodline, a dark zombie that was an accumulated mass of boundless devilry, a creature of the greatest evil.

To think that the place that was like an immortal's paradise in the Faint Mist Sect would have such an evil being within.

Looks like she would lose her life here today, as the food the dark zombie loved to eat the most were live humans who possessed the purest bloodline.

With a deathly pale face that was without the slightest shade of blood, Qing Yu gripped the man's arm tightly and said, pausing at every word: "Xi Zhan Chen, leave at once."

Although the dark zombie would not cause all that much harm to him, but this was afterall a creature of evil, so remaining in contact for too long with it might harm one's body in some way or another.

But how could Xi Zhan Chen possibly come to abandon her in that situation? They might have just come to know each other for less than one day, but affinity works in such strange and mysterious ways as this young lady moved his heart somehow.

Which made it impossible for him to leave her behind without doing anything about it.

Though the enemy seemed like it would be rather troublesome to deal with, but the instant he saw her vomit out blood, Xi Zhan Chen immediately felt murder rise up inside his chest.

[That thing there has injured her.]

The man slowly raised the sword in his hand. The moment Evil's Dazzle was unsheathed, the swirling dark clouds in the sky grew more turbulent. The powerful sword's aura condensed together to assume physical form, hurling thousands of ferocious sword slashes that shot at lightning speed straight towards the ever transforming mist.

If that was just any regular creature, it would definitely be shredded till there was no bones left, its soul scattered into the wind.

But this was the dark zombie, the most evil of beings, where any regular attacks would not have any effect on it.

And after the sword aura slashes sliced into it, the black misty mass actually expanded in size, and Xi Zhan Chen fell back a couple of steps, his aura becoming a little unsteady.

That thing, had actually devoured his power slashes!

"The Evil's Dazzle is a sword of evil, so its powers would only provide nourishment to that evil creature. Don't waste any more of your strength." Qing Yu's voice was a little weak as she told him that.

Xi Zhan Chen's face turned grave. "Is there no way to fight it?"

Qing Yu shook her head with a bitter smile. "The dark zombie does not possess its own consciousness and is not any kind of living being, but something out of this world. There is no way of going against it and it is unstoppable."

She had not thought that the thing she had never once encountered throughout her twenty over years in her previous life would appear before her in this life after being reborn.

But wanting to her to give up just like that was never her style of doing things. Even if she had to die, she would destroy this thing as well!

Qing Yu lifted a hand to wipe at the blood from the corner of her mouth, before her hands then formed an elaborate seal before her chest to summon a spell. Her sharp nails gouged into her palms and the bright red blood filled up the seal mark suspended in the air before her, flowing within the intricate swirls, beautiful and mesmerizing.

"Qing Yu, what are you doing?" Xi Zhan Chen could sense that after she conducted the ritual, her aura had further weakened by a considerable amount.

"The dark zombie had appeared purely because of my purest bloodline. Only by eating me up, would it then stop. Otherwise, it would just go on to devour all living things here in the forbidden grounds. Neither of these two results are desirable to me and I have no choice but to fight it with everything I've got."

The smile on Qing Yu's face looked a little forced, and the only thing she could do was to pray that Lou Jun Yao has a way of dealing with it.

Xi Zhan Chen walked over closer to her and opened his mouth to ask. "Can I help?"

Qing Yu shook her head once again. "This is something you are really not able to help me with. I asked you to leave just now and you refused. Don't you regret that now?"

Xi Zhan Chen knew that she was saying that only to make him feel better, and the tense expression on his face did not let up in the slightest.

The mist engulfed by darkness was slowly coming to reveal it real form as time passed.

It was an enormous being that was a good ten feet tall, its body a humanoid shape, but its head was one of a malevolent wild beast.

The was the dark zombie's true form. It was originally just a mass of evil aura that existed in chaos, and changed and evolved over thousands of millenniums, to reach such a level of attainment, and have become the incredibly powerful dark zombie.

It cannot speak, but just an instinctive awareness, its scarlet red eyes looking down longingly at the human who possessed the sweetest and most delectable blood, and it just could not help wanting to swallow her right up.

The corners of Qing Yu's lips curled up with a sliver of cold scorn. She stretched her hand out to gather the seal at the highest point above her head. Before the clumsy dark zombie could even react, she smacked the seal right onto the dark zombie's humanoid chest. The very next second, a loud blast was heard, which blew out quite a significant sized hole in its chest.

Thick black liquid then came gurgling out from the wound.

The bright red blood that formed the seal immediately caused the dark zombie body to quickly fester and rot where the blood touched.

The dark zombie let out a deafening roar. It had not thought that the human before it would come to treat it like that. It was the first time that he encountered such audacious food that dared to fight back.

It would definitely not spare this human!

The massive figure slowly lowered itself down, its malevolent skull filled with furious wrath, fully intent on tearing the slender young lady into shreds.

Its mouth that was filled with a foul rotting stench opened wide, and spit out a ball of black fog. Qing Yu's eyes narrowed, and she dodged away quickly. The dense shrubbery on the ground where she was standing a moment before had become scorched black.

Seeing that she had not been struck, the dark zombie's rage intensified. It stretched its two massive hands out to catch her, but maybe because of his overly large body, he seemed a little clumsy, and was naturally not as agile as the petite young lady, unable to catch her no matter how hard he tried.

Seeing that, the dark zombie was mad with rage, its huge foul-smelling mouth spewing out black fog indiscriminately all over the place, and Qing Yu just continued to constantly dodge.

Xi Zhan Chen looked on anxiously and he said to the sword in his hand in a grave voice: "Evil's Dazzle, you had better come out here right this instant. Aren't you always strong and powerful? Why are you hiding like a tortoise in its shell today!?"

The person he was calling out to, was the sword spirit of Evil's Dazzle.

Unexpectedly, his words that were dripping with sarcasm did not succeed in angering Evil's Dazzle into revealing itself, but Xi Zhan Chen merely came to hear its cold indifferent voice say: "Master, I would advise that you had better not be a busybody. The dark zombie is the most evil of all things and I am really nothing before that. You should not overestimate yourself and try to break a rock with an egg. The young lady will undoubtedly meet her doom today as it is not possible for anyone to still live once the dark zombie sets its mind on you. Master, I think we should leave right now!"

Xi Zhan Chen's eyes turned chilly. "You want me to be a man who go back on his word?"

"Master, you will only be doing what makes sense here, so how could anyone blame you for eating your words? And didn't the young lady ask you to leave as well? You are not able to help her anyway, why not....."

"Shut up!"

Xi Zhan Chen snapped icily, interrupting Evil's Dazzle's words. And the terrifying aura emanating from Xi Zhan Chen's entire body caused Evil's Dazzle to clamp his mouth shut immediately.

[Forget it then. I won't persuade him any further. His Master was a person who would not change once his mind was made up. Most to most, it would just be killed together with its Master.]

On the other side, the dark zombie just could not catch the young lady. Seeming to realize that this method was not going to work, it then change its strategy. It opened its mouth wide, and a powerful suction force sucked Qing Yu straight towards its mouth.

Caught off guard in that one instant, Qing Yu's body took a stumble, and she was uncontrollably being sucked towards the dark zombie's mouth. Xi Zhan Chen grabbed onto her arm behind her, his voice strained: "Hold on tight, and do not let go."

At the same time, Evil's Dazzle flashed out of its sheath and dug deep into the ground, holding down the two figures.

"Xi Zhan Chen! Let go this instant!" Qing Yu had not thought that the man would actually do something so dangerous and she went on to stare at him with her beautiful eyes as she hollered at him. "This will not hold out much longer. Let go of me now!"

"I will not let go of you. I have already released a signal and we'll only have to last till my people arrive. We still have a sliver of a chance of surviving this." Xi Zhan Chen said as he tightened his grip on her arm, holding her like an iron clamp.

The dark zombie's strength was not something the two of them were able to resist against, and Qing Yu knew that if the situation continued on like this, they would be able to last for about another half an hour at most, which would just drain their strength and they might even possibly die.

About this man who was known to be the only divine grade assassin throughout these lands, the only thing she knew was only through what she heard through rumors, and she had never known that he could be someone that was so kind and a man of high integrity when they have yet to have known each other even for a full day.

The sky was starting to turn dark and once night descended fully, the dark zombie's powers would be at its strongest, and it would be impossible to defeat it then.

Her body was already being inextricably pulled towards the dark zombie but her arm was still tightly held in a tight grip.

Qing Yu narrowed her eyes and slowly raised her other hand. But the man saw through her intentions and he went on to say: "If you are really going to do that, then I will just release my hands right now!"

Qing Yu really wanted to cry. [Why is this person being so obstinate? Does he want to die together with her so much?]

"Xi Zhan Chen, have you forgotten that you still have the Assassins Temple under your charge? Do you still remember that you're one of the mainstays of the Carefree Valley? If you die, are you going to abandon the people there? Do you not care about them anymore?" Qing Yu asked helplessly.

People of the world only know that Xi Zhan Chen was the greatest assassin throughout the lands but his identity was a well hidden secret and was only known internally by people inside the Carefree Department. So how..... did she know that?

"I am actually a spy sent by the Faint Mist Sect to be hidden within the Carefree Valley, so you do not have to sacrifice your own life to save me. It's not worth it." Her acting was great and it was highly realistic, but Xi Zhan Chen still did not let go of her hand.

Looking into her eyes, he said pausing between every word: "No matter what you say now, I will not let go of you."

The bloom just below the corner of his left eye seemed to flash faintly and the dark zombie was then heard letting out a maniacal roar, before it spewed out a mouthful of black mist right towards Xi Zhan Chen.

Once that black mist touched anyone, in the best scenario, they would turn into a zombie monster, or have their bodies disintegrate into nothing if things turn out worse.

[Is the man crazy!? What is he trying to do?!]

Qing Yu clenched her teeth tightly together, her mind suddenly awhirl with thoughts. [Any normal person touched by that black mist would have no chance of survival at all, but if it's her, there might still be a sliver of hope if she's lucky.]

With that thought in mind, Qing Yu had already turned herself around, her back moving to block that ball of black mist completely.

"Ugh....."

It hurt so much, like her entire back was rotting off, and it was the first time she felt such excruciating pain.

"Qing Yu!"

As her consciousness was becoming muddled and blurry, she seemed to see a familiar figure carrying her up, the low magnetic voice highly comforting. "Don't be afraid, it's alright now."

And her eyes slowly closed.

Chapter 196: Close Your Eyes. Don't Look At What You're Not Supposed to See

Bai Zhi Yan was immediately summoned back from Cloud Heaven with a secret order by Lou Jun Yao.

Without even needing to guess, he was certain that something had happened to a certain lass, and that was why that fella was being so frantic.

Several people stood outside the tightly shut door of the room. An anxious-faced Qing Bei, a cold and solemn Mu Lai, and Xi Zhan Chen whose body was exuding a frighteningly low and oppressive aura.

"Ah Zhan, what actually happened in there? Why were you in there for so long? And what was that explosion all about?" Feng Qi and the others who had recognized the signal and had rushed their way in could not help but asked worriedly when they saw the pale-faced man who looked to be in a rather wretched state.

[Could he have encountered some kind of danger in there?]

[But with Ah Zhan's skills, he should have been able to deal with it.]

"Did you manage to get the Sacred Buddha Palm Lotus?" Seeing that he was not saying anything, Feng Qi continued to ask.

But the man still did not utter a single word.

Feng Qi's brows knitted up, and was just about to ask something again when his eyes unconsciously caught sight of Mu Lai who was leaning against the wall at the side. He was immediately surprised and he went on to say: "Young Miss Mu, you're here as well?"

Mu Lai's mind had been thinking only about Qing Yu's injury inside the room and had not noticed the other group of men. When she heard someone calling out to her, she then realized that the leader of the Assassins Temple, the top assassin Xi Zhan Chen that Qing Yu and her had previously saved was standing among the group of men.

Mu Lai nodded her head slightly in greeting. "Long time no see."

Feng Qi then said with a smile: "It's been a good half year since we last met. Has Young Miss Mu come to join the Faint Mist Sect now? We were in such a rush to leave back then and had not properly thanked Young Miss Mu for saving our lives."

Mu Lai replied indifferently. "I did not help much. The person you have to thank is Qing Yu."

"Is Miss Qing Yu here as well?" Feng Qi asked in surprise.

Xi Zhan Chen's mind was still fixed upon the scene where Qing Yu had blocked that ball of black mist for him, and she had fallen right before his eyes. Suddenly hearing her name being mentioned, he was immediately pulled back to his senses. "What are the two of you talking about?"

Hearing the question, Feng Qi then explained: "Back then, Ah Zhan your life was hanging by a thread under the spell of the snake curse. It was this Miss Qing Yu who appeared in the nick of time to save you, or you would have been in grave danger."

Xi Zhan Chen's gaze turned sharp, and his body froze in its spot.

[So, she had been the one who saved him back then.]

When he finally came back to his senses, a fuzzy figure appeared right before his eyes. Though it was a little blurry and he could not see it all that clearly, he was able to hear the faint sound of the person's gentle voice that was tinged with smiles.

[No wonder he had found her somehow familiar. So they had really met before.]

[But why did she not tell him her identity when she must have recognized him?]

[And this was already the second time she had saved his life.]

[And she was now lying in there, gravely injured, not knowing whether she would live or die.]

Inside the room, the slender figured young lady's face was deathly pale, her long lashes drooping down over her cheeks. Her exquisite little face was slightly creased up in discomfort, cold sweat beading over her forehead, and her body was not moving as she lay on her side on the bed.

Seeing her back, it was a sight that made one's heart involuntarily wrench up.

The snow white clothes had turned a scorched black, mixed together with blood and rotting flesh, an absolutely grisly sight.

She was not able to lie flat on her back at all, because the wound on her back was really just too grievous, clear that it would be too painful without needing to give that a single thought.

Bai Zhi Yan's brows were furrowed together, a little lost. The size of the wound was rather large and if he were to cut off the dead flesh, she would come to lose too much blood and..... He had to remove those clothes off her or he would not be able to treat her no matter how good his medical skills were.

Beside him in a purple robe, Lou Jun Yao glanced at him and asked: "What? It's very difficult?"

"In terms of difficulty, it's not that hard. I just have to cut off the parts where the flesh has rotted and died, have her grow back new flesh and she'll be fine. But as the wound covers the entire back, to cut off the dead flesh, I will have to remove her clothes....." Bai Zhi Yan's voice trailed off at the end, becoming so soft it was not even audible, as he saw the face of a particular man turn terrifying looking.

"Remove her clothes?" Lou Jun Yao's voice was calm, and it was impossible to tell whether he was angry or relieved, but it caused a chill to run down Bai Zhi Yan's spine.

Bai Zhi Yan's face became aggrieved. "How am I even going to be able to see the wound properly without removing her clothes? Am I supposed to see through the cloth? If it turns out that anything is not done properly, you cannot then hold it against me."

[Damn it! What does that look on this guy's face mean by looking at him like he's some kind of lecher here? It is as if he is dead set on taking advantage of the lass now.]

Lou Jun Yao deliberated on it for a brief moment and then said emotionlessly: "You close your eyes."

Bai Zhi Yan's pretty looking plum blossom eyes flared wide incredulously, looking at the man in utter disbelief. "Does this fella really have to carry it so far!? A healer's eyes does not discriminate a patient between male and female you know? He is going to give her treatment here, and not being a thug to take liberties with her! Can you calm yourself down a little!?"

"Tell me what needs to be done, and I'll do it." Lou Jun Yao was determined and resolute, clearly not giving him any chance of seeing the lass at all.

But his words just earned him Bai Zhi Yan's utter shock and displeasure. "You are not an Elixir Cultivator, how are you even going to be able to do it? Moreover, if I am not allowed to see her wound, it is alright for you to do it?!"

[Why does he feel that there's something strange going on here?]

Unexpectedly, the man's gaze turned to glance at him expressionlessly as he said in a tone like it was the most natural thing in the world: "Little Fox is Aunt Lan's daughter and so I can be considered to be her elder. It is not the same situation in my case."

Upon saying that, he went on to ignore Bai Zhi Yan's stupefied expression and went to sit by the bed, gently carrying the young lady up to lie face down over his lap.

He had initially wanted to take off her blood soaked clothes for her and now that too long a time had passed, the clothes were now stuck to the mangled mess of blood and flesh, where the slightest tug would cause a groan of agony to escape through the young lady's lips.

Lou Jun Yao was unable to help himself but knit his brows as he contemplated for a moment before he said to Bai Zhi Yan: "Turn yourself around."

Bai Zhi Yan seemed to understand what the man wanted to do and obediently turned himself around. The next second, he then heard what he thought must be the sound of clothes disintegrating.

The moment the naked skin was exposed to the cold air, a faint layer of goose pimples immediately formed over it. The young lady was dressed only in a thin strap underwear, her fair smooth skinned arms and her entire back fully revealed.

The skin that was always hidden beneath clothes was smooth and beautiful as jade, but her back that should be as alluringly beautiful was instead looking exceptionally frightening with the cauterized wound covering over a large area of her skin.

Lou Jun Yao's brows knitted more tightly together. [To think that this impish lass would get herself hurt so badly. You promised that you would not let yourself get hurt but have immediately come to pay such a high price. You deserve a spanking.]

But when he saw her so gravely hurt and was not even fully conscious, looking like a pitiful little kitten lying there without moving at all, Lou Jun Yao felt so helpless as his heart wrenched up in pain. [The little one just can't take good care of herself. If any other woman were to be hurt to such an extent, it would just be courting death.]

Seeing that there was no further reaction from the man for so long, Bai Zhi Yan could not resist opening his mouth to say: "Snap out of it already. If we delay it for too long, the lass' injuries are going to leave a scar. The dark zombie's dark powers was really too strong and she was really unlucky to run into it. But fortunately the poison did not seep into her bones so she can still be saved."

Lou Jun Yao quickly returned to his senses. "What do I need to do?"

"Will you really be able to do it? You need to cut off the rotten flesh and apply medicine to the wound to stop the bleeding, and then....."

"You do it. Cover your eyes."

"....."

In the end, Bai Zhi Yan still had to do it, his eyes blindfolded throughout the entire process as Lou Jun Yao guided him at the side. The wound was dealt with rather well but as the process was really too painful, Lou Jun Yao reached his hand out to strike the young lady on her sleep accupoint, rendering her completely unconscious as she fell into a dead faint.

Her entire back was bandaged up completely as the wound must not come in contact with water for a period.

Lou Jun Yao pulled the thin blanket at the side to gently cover over the young lady's frail body. Bai Zhi Yan then removed the blindfold covering his eyes without any expression on his face. This was probably the first time he had to handle such a difficult patient and he was feeling a little discomfited.

"Her injuries are just too severe. To prevent any infection, she will need to take medicine for the next few days. Watch over her while I go brew the medicine."

Lou Jun Yao nodded.

Bai Zhi Yan opened the door and went out. The people waiting outside immediately moved to surround him. Qing Bei looked a little anxious as he asked: "How is Qing Yu doing?"

Bai Zhi Yan glanced at him and said: "She's fine now." Upon saying that, he immediately walked away, leaving the place.

Qing Bei raised a foot wanting to go onto the room to have a look, but two black armor-clad men suddenly appeared soundlessly before the door to block his way and said: "Please leave."

Qing Bei's brows creased up. "That is my sister in there. I only want to go in to see how are her injuries."

The black-clad man smiled politely and replied: "The Lord is in there. Miss Qing will be fine."

It looked like Lou Jun Yao must have ordered that no one was to go in to disturb Qing Yu.

Qing Bei gritted his teeth together, feeling a little angry, but he did not say anything as the man had saved Qing Yu afterall.

Seeing that the youth was not going to insist, the two black clad men then slowly left to conceal themselves, disappearing without a trace.

Mu Lai's eyes flashed when she saw that, and she went to ask Qing Bei: "Is this Lou Bai Qian, really just a teacher in the Deviant Department?"

"I am not too sure about his identity as well, only knowing that he is one of my sister's friends." Qing Bei replied.

Actually Qing Yu had told him before that the man with the violet eyes had come from Cloud Heaven, the highest realm, and that he was an old friend of their mother who meant them no harm, but Qing Bei was not about to reveal the man's identity so readily.

Time passed bit by bit, a slow trickle. It was already deep into the night when they came out from the forbidden grounds. It was almost time to welcome a new day and after today, it would be the day of the Three Great Sects' Friendship Meet.

And Qing Yu had showed no signs of regaining consciousness at all, not stirring at all throughout the whole night.

Bai Zhi Yan was carrying an intricate little green bowl with inky black medicine brew inside. The moment he came in, Lou Jun Yao knitted up his brows. "What is this?"

"A tonic made with Spirit Restoration Fruit mixed with twelve other kinds of herbs that are good for the healing of wounds. She lost a lot of blood, so her body will be greatly weakened if she does not drink this." Bai Zhi Yan explained.

Lou Jun Yao raised an eyebrow as he glanced at him. "Thanks."

The Spirit Restoration Fruit was a rare treasure, something in Cloud Heaven that one would be hard pressed to get even with great amounts of gold. [To think that he would actually use it nourish the lass' body. This fella's bark is worse than his bite, a softie at heart who actually cares for the little lass.]

Lou Jun Yao took the porcelain bowl and turned the young lady over. Cradling her neck in one arm, he scooped up a spoonful of the medicine and brought it up to her colorless lips, where it then went down her throat smoothly.

But before he could feed her the second spoonful, he saw the young lady's brows crease up and then vomit out the medicine.

Seeing that, Lou Jun Yao was taken aback a moment before he asked: "What's happening?"

Bai Zhi Yan raised an eyebrow in puzzlement. "There is no problem with the medicine as they are all gentle and soothing herbs. By right, there shouldn't be such an intense reaction."

Lou Jun Yao then attempted to feed her another mouthful, but the result was the same as the first time, where her brows knitted up before she vomited it out while still unconscious, like it was impossible for her to ingest any of the medicine at all.

"Let me go brew up another portion of the medicine."

Upon saying that, Bai Zhi Yan turned around and went out, to bump right into Qing Bei.

Chapter 197: Lou Jun Yao! You Sex Maniac!

Seeing him come out, Qing Bei was first surprised for a moment before he went on to ask: "Has Qing Yu woken up yet?"

Bai Zhi Yan shook his head. "She was unable to keep her medicine down and vomited them out. I am going to contemplate on the herbs to use and brew another batch of medicine for her."

After saying that, he was just about to leave but was held back by Qing Bei calling out to him. He turned his head around to look at the youth in puzzlement.

"Qing Yu is most afraid of taking medicinal brews since she was very young as she has always been very healthy and seldom fell ill. Even when she fell sick, she would not take medicinal brews but just gritted her teeth till she recovered on her own because she would vomit once she was given those bitter brews. She handles pills and elixirs somewhat better but medicinal brews are things that she would never be able to drink." Qing Bei said with a helpless sigh.

Upon hearing those words, Bai Zhi Yan's eyes widened in astoundment. "An Elixir Cultivator who is afraid of drinking medicinal brew? The lass is truly not the same as any of my tribe."

An Elixir Cultivator would need to learn to identify herbs through their scent and taste, so they must not exhibit any signs of allergies or resistance against herbs and medicinal brews. Bai Zhi Yan had seen the lass identify medicine before but had not seen her show any adverse reactions, never would he have thought that she would actually be afraid of taking medicinal brews.

Bai Zhi Yan then shrugged his shoulders. "Alright then, I'll think of a way."

"Can I go in to see Qing Yu?" Qing Bei then opened his mouth to ask.

"Mm, come on in. But she has not woken up."

Bai Zhi Yan said as he led Qing Bei into the room together with him. But the moment they went in, the scene that met their eyes caused the two of them to be stunned in their spots, their eyes wide and their mouths agape.

The tall slender figured man was seated by the bed, an arm draped around the young lady's shoulders, her body gingerly leaning against him. His other hand was holding the intricate little porcelain bowl and bringing it up to his own lips, his face expressionless as he took a mouthful of the inky black brew. He then pressed his lips against the young lady's pale colorless lips, before slowly transferring the medicinal brew into her mouth.

The taste was of the medicinal brew was probably not too great as the man's handsome face contorted, creasing up slightly, but he still patiently went on to feed her mouthful by mouthful, and not a single drop of the brew spilled throughout the process.

Very soon, the bottom on the inside of the entire bowl of medicinal brew could be seen.

Bai Zhi Yan and Qing Bei stood there frozen like they had been struck on their acupoints, stunned into a daze and were unable to react at all for a good long while.

A good while passed after finishing the bowl of medicinal brew, the young lady's exquisite looking brows then creased up, looking like she was feeling uncomfortable and was going to vomit the medicine out. But a man's magnetic and pleasing voice sounded beside her ear, with a slightly threatening tinge, it said: "If you dare to vomit that out, I will feed you another two bowls."

Even though she was drifting in and out of semi consciousness, the young lady was instinctively afraid of drinking medicinal brews, and her body then obediently went on to keep the medicine in, not vomiting it out.

The man's lips then curved up in a satisfied smile, before he gently laid her back down onto the bed. As she was wounded on her back, he could only lie her on her side. Although that posture might not be that comfortable, there was nothing else he could do.

He pulled the thin blanket to cover snugly around the young lady's body, and turned around to see two dumbfounded statues standing at the door, like they had just witnessed something most astounding.

Lou Jun Yao raised his foot to go walk towards them outside, and even gently pulled the door closed behind him.

That was when Bai Zhi Yan then managed to recover to his senses. He gulped loudly and then stammered: "She..... finished it all?"

"Mm." Lou Jun Yao answered indifferently, and the expression on his face could not be any more normal.

Bai Zhi Yan's gaze grew highly complicated. "And you took advantage of the fact that the lass is still unconscious to do something like this?"

[What an aggrieving and lamentful thing to see!]

Lou Jun Yao then glanced at the man, the expression on his face confused. "What did I do?"

[You beast! You're not even going to admit it!!]

[He had seen it all so clearly!]

Lou Jun Yao looked at Bai Zhi Yan's highly indignant look at he arched up an eyebrow to look at the man before he said: "I was merely feeding her medicine. What kind of a messed up thing are you thinking in your mind?"

"Your method of feeding medicine is so unique that maybe I might want to fall ill next time as well." Bai Zhi Yan shot back.

"You do not have to worry. I will get Ling Shu to do it for you."

Bai Zhi Yan found himself completely speechless. "....."

[Must he really show such utter discrimination?!]

Lou Jun Yao went on to ignore the man and turned to the handsome youth at the side. "I heard that you were tricked and brought into the forbidden grounds. Are you hurt?"

Qing Bei shook his head. "I am fine. I was too careless and dragged Qing Yu into it. She went in there only because of me."

Lou Jun Yao looked at the highly remorseful youth and he patted the young man on the shoulder. "You are not to blame. It is fated that she has to undergo this trial. Things will be fine once it passes."

Qing Bei suddenly recalled the scene that he had just witnessed and his face turned rather hot. His eyes glanced highly fleetingly at the man and he then started to say hesitantly: "You were just....."

"Her body is greatly weakened and that was a medicinal tonic that is highly nourishing for her. If she does not drink that, her recovery will be very slow and her wounds might even get infected." Lou Jun Yao curved up his lips in a reassuring smile and explained in a gentle voice.

Qing Bei barely managed to utter a halting "Oh" before he then asked weakly in a very soft voice: "Are you interested in Qing Yu in that manner....."

Actually he had always wanted to ask that question. It seemed like every time something happened to Qing Yu, he would always appear in the nick of time. And the way he gazes at Qing Yu, just made it impossible for anyone to not think deeper into it.

He claimed that it was because of his friendship with their mother that was making him show them such concern but it was becoming clear that the real reason this mysterious and unfathomable man kept appearing was all because of Qing Yu.

That rather embarrassing question came to cause Bai Zhi Yan to raise an eyebrow, rather intrigued himself, enough to make him look at the man to ask: "I am rather curious as well. Are you harboring ulterior motives towards the little lass, and has illicit designs on her?"

[The lass has a face that was more beautiful than any words could describe, definitely the type that men would absolutely adore.]

Tinged with pure innocence within that beauty, where every frown and every smile was exceptionally alluring. Even when disguised as a male, she had mesmerized a whole bunch of ladies, making them fall head over heels in love with her.

Moreover, she was not just an empty vase that had nothing but beauty. She possessed top notch skills in medicine and poisons, high and unfathomable cultivation, was highly intelligent and black bellied, not weak and frail like most other ladies who only knew how to seek protection from men. With a brave and strong heart, her personality was one that was really just too lovable.

Disregarding other things for the moment, Bai Zhi Yan actually rather liked the lass quite a lot, just not in the way a man loves a woman. He was too used to fooling around and it was hard for his heart to settle down, so what he had for the young lady was just purely admiration.

But it was hard to say for this fella Lou Jun Yao here. He seemed to be acting rather strange, always claiming that he was showing concern for a junior as an elder. Such unbelievable words will only fool a mindless moron!

See, he has even come to steal kisses with that flimsy excuse of feeding her medicine, see how he can further deny it!

Towards that, Lou Jun Yao merely just laughed softly, and his violet eyes looked even sparkling bright with that smile. Under the two other people's pressing gazes, the man then said with a mirthful sounding voice: "Such words must not be said to her face as young ladies are more thin skinned and it might be perplexing for them to hear something like this. Anyway, I am going to get some rest and I do not wish to be disturbed."

After saying that, Lou Jun Yao then went back into the room, and a soft sound was then heard behind the door. He had actually locked the door from the inside.

Qing Bei's face was confused. "....." [The man did not seem to have understood his question?]

Bai Zhi Yan was equally speechless. "....." [So had he admitted to it or not? He did not even explain it fully, such a detestable habit!]

But the fella was probably really exhausted. He had yet to fully recover from his injuries, having lost so much blood and had not had the chance to properly recuperate before tearing his way through dimensional space to cross two realms. Immediately upon arriving, he had to then defeat that powerful dark zombie, not sleeping a wink throughout the night as he was worried for the lass' condition. Even the greatest body constitution would not be able to withstand such torment.

When that thought came to mind, Bai Zhi Yan then started to sympathize with the man, but then he suddenly remembered something else.

[In that room..... it seems like there is only one bed?]

[Although the bed is large, but it is still just one bed! And Qing Yu was already sleeping on it, so where is he going to sleep?]

[He must have purposely changed the topic just now, intent on hugging the lass to sleep!]

[Such a sly one he is.]

Qing Yu was unconscious for an entire day and night. When she opened her eyes again, she could see the last remnant rays of the setting sun through the half closed windows.

She blinked her eyes a couple of times, still feeling groggy with sleep, and did not move for a good while. Till she sensed the sound of soft breathing beside her, and the warm palm placed over the back of her hand.

She then came back to her senses, her gaze turning to look to the side.

The man's handsome face was just inches away, the long luscious eyelashes hanging quietly as they cast tiny fan shaped shadows over his cheeks, looking a little adorable. His thin lips were slightly parted, and when he did not smile, they felt a little cold, but when they curved up into a devilish arc, they were able to mesmerize so many countless pairs of eyes.

Qing Yu blinked her eyes to drive away the grogginess. She then blinked them again. [So when this fella is sleeping, he looks so gentle and kind.....]

[But, where is this place she is in now?]

[Isn't she supposed to be in the forbidden grounds? This fella must have appeared and defeated that dark zombie. But..... why is she sleeping here beside him?]

[And sleeping so soundly at that. She has woken up for quite awhile and he did not seem to have sensed anything at all.]

As Qing Yu had been asleep for too long, her body was feeling rather sluggish and weak. She wanted to get off and walk around but did not realize that her entire back was so badly wounded there wasn't an inch of undamaged skin on it. She then flipped herself onto her back and tragically came to lie onto her back.

"Ugh....." The excruciating pain wrecked her body all of a sudden, catching her off guard and she gasped out in shock.

Lou Jun Yao heard the sound and stirred awake. The first thing that met his eyes was the young lady's beautiful looking eyes that looked like a phoenix's, that were misted over with what almost seemed to be tears, looking so pitiful and in pain.

He could not help but curved his lips up in an arc. "You've come awake?"

Qing Yu looked at him like she didn't want to live anymore, clenching her jaws tightly together as she said in a trembling voice: "Wh..... What happened to me....."

[Why does it feel as if she had a few layers of her flesh skinned off her back? It was so painful that she had started to doubt wanting to live.]

Hearing her ask that, the smile on Lou Jun Yao's face deepened, and his long slender fingers pinched her on the cheek as he said with an almost imperceptible smile. "You still have the cheek to ask? You think your body's forged from steel that you actually went to block such a dangerous attack for another man!? Don't you think you deserve a beating? Who was the one who promised me that she would take good care of herself?"

Qing Yu knew that she was in the wrong and she did not argue back but merely said weakly: "But I cannot very well just stand back and watch him die can I? Moreover, having me getting slightly injured is better than sending him right to his death isn't it?"

Lou Jun Yao's eyes narrowed dangerously. "And who is this man?"

Qing Yu answered: "You should have seen him back there. He's quite a unique kind of assassin."

Lou Jun Yao laughed. "Unique in what way? Exceptionally good-looking?"

Qing Yu deliberated on it for a moment before she nodded her head. "He is indeed rather good-looking."

In the end, the man's gaze almost bored a hole through her body which felt a little too terrifying. Qing Yu subconsciously took a step back to avoid those eyes that then caused her to pull her wound.

The pain made her wish that she was dead, her tearful face indescribable.

Lou Jun Yao saw how pitiful she looked and found it both infuriating and funny at the same time. He stretched his hand out to hold her arm, not allowing her to make any careless moves and said in a gentle voice: "Let me see if your wound has split open."

"No." Qing Yu shook her head.

She was wounded on her back and she would have to take off her clothes to see the wound. Men and women should avoid such close physical contact.

But in the midst of the pulling and tugging, the blanket around her body slipped off and she felt a chill over her shoulder. Qing Yu lowered her eyes to look down in puzzlement. That one look immediately caused her face to burn red.

"Lou Jun Yao!" 

***Can't Find Chapter 198***

Chapter 199: Older Men Know How to Dote on Ladies Better

Her long hair cascaded down, looking a little languid and lazy, adding an exquisite allure onto that tiny face. Together with the smooth shoulder that was titillatingly exposed, she really was quite seductive looking at that moment.

She had truly inherited all the best points from the most divinely beautiful couple of Cloud Heaven back then, her looks and intelligence overshadowing her parents. It was believed that if Aunt Lan were to see that she has a daughter that was so much like her, she would definitely be greatly comforted.

Lou Jun Yao stretched his hand out to pat her on the head. "Rest well. Be careful to not squash your wound on your back."

Qing Yu nodded, and then opened her mouth to ask. "Where are you going?"

The moment those words came out from her mouth, she immediately felt that her question was a little weird.

As expected, the man's expression seemed to be tinged with a faint imperceptible smile as he then said: "What? You want me to keep you company? Can't bear for me to leave?"

Qing Yu looked at him without any expression. [Can't bear your head.....]

Lou Jun Yao laughed softly, but did not continue to tease her. The tall figure then stood up at the side of the bed, before opening the door to go out.

Bai Zhi Yan had been waiting outside the door and when he saw the man come out, he raised his eyebrows and asked: "Has the little lass woken up?"

"Mm. She's now awake. And she even drank the medicine just now." Lou Jun Yao said with a smile.

Bai Zhi Yan nodded his head happily and the two men then walked a distance before Bai Zhi Yan opened his mouth to say: "It is as you predicted. Ling Shu met with a little trouble in the White Fens Lands and is unable to come back for a while."

"What happened?"

"The Feng Family's Second Young Master is indeed Feng Tian Hen and the Feng Family now is not the same as before anymore. Their Family Head Feng Xun has not handled the Family Clan's affairs for many years and their Young Heir has become sickly and ill in recent years, unable to come out to see anyone. The Young Heir Feng Tian Jin's authority is gradually being diminished and all of the clan's affairs big and small is controlled by Feng Tian Hen alone, where no one dares to go against him at all. The Feng Family can be said to be well entrenched in its position as the top Family Clan in the White Fens Lands now and it could be seen from here how skillfully manipulative a person he is, as this is not something any mediocre person can possibly achieve."

Lou Jun Yao laughed scoffingly. "It is said that the Feng Family's Young Heir is timid as a mouse, a man who did not accomplish anything even after reaching twenty over years in age, a well known useless good for nothing. To be able to pocket such a large Family Clan entirely in just a short few years like that, that is truly not an easy task."

"It's more than just difficult. It is like his entire person has been taken over and has changed into another person completely. " Bai Zhi Yan said with amazement.

And those words he said unintentionally came to cause Lou Jun Yao's eyes to deepen.

[He had really hit the nail right on the head this time. Feng Tian Hen is really not the original Feng Tian Hen anymore.]

[He recalled to the night when Qing Yu had been so helpless and weak. That was the inner demons that consumed her heart.....]

The violet irises surged with a silent turbulence within, which faded away in the next instant. "How is Ling Shu?"

"He sustained slight injuries. He was too careless and it will be a lesson for him to be more alert from now on. At least he was smart enough to know where it was safest for him to hide. The rampaging massacre you unintentionally committed back then turned out to be a good thing." Bai Zhi Yan said teasingly.

When he heard that, Lou Jun Yao immediately understood what Bai Zhi Yan was referring to and he asked in surprise: "He went to the Baili Family?"

Bai Zhi Yan nodded and said with a laugh: "The kid from the Baili Family rescued him in secret. That kid is someone who knows to repay a debt and has been thinking how he is supposed to return the favor, but has failed to find a way for so long. This finally gave him an opportunity to make himself useful to you."

Lou Jun Yao's lips curved up into a smile. "When the occasion arises, look for a chance for you to go to the White Fens Lands in my stead, to express my gratitude."

"You can't be thinking of staying here again and not go back are you? How long did you stay in Cloud Heaven on your last trip? You had not even met up with the whole lot of them when you already came running back here. All of them must be hopping with rage right now." Bai Zhi Yan glanced at the man and said, his voice tinged with displeasure.

"Of course I will go back. The seal on Mo Jing Yu has been released and he might come awake at any moment, so I am just waiting for the most opportune moment. The instant that guy comes awake, knowing him, he will definitely stir up tumultuous chaos in Cloud Heaven, so I cannot remain here for long. But as the little fox has yet to recover from her injuries, and she isn't exactly someone who prioritizes safety, I will leave only after she has fully recovered."

Bai Zhi Yan laughed helplessly. "You are really worrying your heart to pieces for the lass here, when you are always the one that makes everyone worry for you the most."

Turning the converastion's topic onto the man, Bai Zhi Yan's attractive plum blossom eyes then looked smilingly at him. "You still have not answered me yet. Do have have ulterior designs on the little lass!? Stop trying to deny it. I've been immersed in the amorous world for so many years after all, how could I possibly be unable to see what you're really thinking....."

Lou Jun Yao gaze seemed as though he was looking at an idiot, as he said in an indifferent voice: "Since you are able to see, why do you still ask?"

Those words felt so much like an indirect admission.

Although Bai Zhi Yan had been second-guessing it all this while and that answer could be said to be something he should have expected, but upon hearing the tacit acquiescence in the man's response, it still shocked Bai Zhi Yan quite a bit. "You're really....."

Bai Zhi Yan just could not describe what he was feeling at that moment.

This was a ruthless and cold blooded man who saw himself to be above all things, where people were always mesmerized by his handsome and graceful looks. But one would only truly come to know just how heartless this man was after having interacted with him, to see that his heart was colder and harder than any icy glacier.

This was linked to what he experienced when he was very young, which came to mold his character to be such. It could be said that he was selfish and merciless, where only two types of people existed in his eyes, people who were either useful or useless to him.

With people who were useful to him, he would show them more tolerance, bestowing onto them the greatest authority and glory. For those who were of no use to him, there was only one word for them. Death.

His contempt for others was so great that he never remembered people's names, where even after knowing Bai Zhi Yan, it was only because Bai Zhi Yan was always appearing by his side, and it took him a whole year's time before he finally came to remember Bai Zhi Yan's name.

No was was able to walk into this man's heart, except for one legendary lady in Cloud Heaven more than a hundred years ago.

She was not fearful of him, nor did she detest him, never once looking at him with a strange gaze, but only with one that was filled with comforting warmth like sunshine, which silently seeped into that cold hard heart.

Ever since then, from being a demon that everyone feared and was shrouded in dark mystery, Lou Jun Yao slowly began to turn into a normal human being. He learnt how to hide the dark and terrifying side of himself before others, and a smile came to always hang from his lips. He became someone no one was able to read or fathom, which made people fear him even more.

To him, that lady played both the role of a mother and that of a teacher.

And now, another exception has appeared. One that made him go against him own principles, to the extent that he was even willing to disregard his own safety for her sake, and actually sought to..... take her as his own.

Thinking back on it, all of this must have already been destined by fate all along.

——

The next day, the Three Great Sects' Friendship Meet officially commenced.

The Faint Mist Sect had expended two whole days on the search. Besides the few people who were friendly to Qing Yu, anyone who had anything to say about it all thought that she had been nothing but a burden for everyone, and had taken up so much of everyone's time.

It was only after the Sect Leader Wen Ren Qian who stepped forth to explain it that everyone then came to know what had really caused this to happen. It was then known that the culprits were actually a bunch of fellas from the Soul Cultivators Department that stirred up trouble just because of jealousy.

The Faint Mist Sect strictly forbids any internal strife among their disciples and all those Soul Cultivators Department disciples who had a part in the mess had punishments meted out to them. Additionally, if they were not able to achieve good results in the sect's next internal ranking competition, they would also be kicked out of the sect altogether, which was considered quite a harsh punishment.

Due to her injuries, Qing Yu was brought back to the Gathered Cloud Loft to recuperate by Lou Jun Yao, where she would be escorted directly to the Carefree Valley, while Qing Bei and Mu Lai went back to the Faint Mist Sect to gather up with all the other participants.

"Why haven't we seen our little junior from the Deviant Department? I heard that she went into the forbidden grounds. Is she alright?" Just before they set out, when he did not see Qing Yu among the Deviant Department's disciples, Tan Lin Ruo could not help himself but come ask Mu Lai about it.

Mu Lai then replied: "She sustained injuries and her mobility is still a little restricted for the moment. She will probably not be able to take part in the Friendship Meet among the sects this time."

What she said was indeed the truth. Just before they left, she had gone to visit Qing Yu and had seen the young lady lying prone on her bed so pitifully. It was said that her entire back was one grisly wound and she was unable to lie on her back at all. She was not even able to sleep comfortably not to mention coming down from the bed to walk.

"That is such a great pity. The little junior girl is so highly skilled that the Faint Mist Sect's strength will be significantly reduced without her." Tan Lin Ruo said rather ruefully.

Back when a teacher had asked about it, Mu Lai had said that she was hurt and it was inconvenient for her to move around too much, so she was just resting back in her room. So, no one was even aware of the fact that she was actually not here in the Faint Mist Sect at all.

After an entire night's rest together with Bai Zhi Yan's amazing and divine wound healing medicine, Qing Yu could feel that her back was already starting to scab, and it was no longer so excruciating painful that she wished she would die with just the slightest movement. Although she was still unable to lie down to sleep, but it was already so much better than before.

A couple of soft knocks sounded on the door and a tall figure in a purple robe came walking in. He was holding a set of light purple clothes in his hands as he approached the young lady and said said: "Wear this."

Qing Yu was seated on the bed and she looked up at him in slight surprise. "I have clothes. I do not need....."

"These clothes are made with silk from the highest grade Heavenly Silkworms, the softest fabric throughout the lands. It is very comfortable to wear, light and smooth, so that it does not chafe on your wounds." Lou Jun Yao went on to explain."

No matter how good the quality was for other regular fabrics, it would still chafe at her wound with the slightest movement she made, and clothes made with silk from the Heavenly Silkworm, resolves that problem completely.

Qing Yu had not thought that he would be so thoughtful, paying attention to such a small detail like clothes. It must be said that it warmed her heart, but.....

"Why is it purple?" As she was so used to wearing white all this time, she was not able to get used to other colors for a moment.

"Because this was from a purple-colored Heavenly Silkworm, so the threads it spits would naturally be purple. Purple Heavenly Silkworms are royalty among their species, the highest grade of Heavenly Silkworms there is."

Qing Yu nodded in understanding. "You really know how to splurge, using only the best of everything."

Lou Jun Yao laughed softly. "That is only natural. Do you need me to help you wear your clothes? It might be a little hard for you with your injury."

Qing Yu immediately stared at him and then said: "My injury is on my back, and not on my hands. In what way does that make it hard to do it? I think you are just using it as an excuse to fulfill your immoral intentions!"

She was purposely saying that to irritate the man but against anything she could have expected, the man's eyes flashed with a glint and the smile at the corners of his lips grew deeper. A long slender finger then reached out and tap her gently on the tip of her nose. "You're really becoming more and more intelligent!"

Qing Yu's cheeks flushed a crimson red and she could not help but to let out an indignant roar: "You get yourself out of here right this instant!"

[Damn that man! Always taking liberties with her!]

In the end, any tiny bit of favorable impression she had of him in her heart from the thoughtful things he did evaporated, thinking that she must have been hallucinating. [That scoundrel is just one true black-bellied lecherous bushy-tailed wolf!]

Chapter 200: This Maniac is Lusting after his Beautiful Looks

The Carefree Valley's headquarters sat at the bottom of a sheer and treacherous cliff, one of the places in the Constellation Lands that was famously dangerous.

To the Carefree Valley's disciples who had the unmatched abilities in "lightfoot skills" which enabled them to leap and vault over roofs and high walls effortlessly, traversing up and down the sheer cliff face was a task that did not even require them to break a sweat. But to outsiders, trying to scale that wall could easily cause them to lose their lives.

Before the cliff's edge, tens of young men stood dressed in uniform dark blue clothes, their faces covered behind demon masks.

The Carefree Valley's assassins were categorized into four different grades. In descending order, they were Gold Badge Assassins, Heaven Grade Assassins, Mystical Grade Assassins, and the Yellow Grade Assassins.

The color of their clothes were also based according to their grading as well. The Gold Badge Assassins all wore scarlet, the Mystical Grade Assassins Dark Green, and the Yellow Grade Assassins white.

And before everyone's eyes, these men in dark blue robes were the Carefree Valley's Heaven Grade Assassins that was just below the Golden Badge Assassins who held prominent status and position in the sect. To see so many Heaven Grade Assassins come out here to receive the guests from the other two sects, it was clear how important the Carefree Valley saw this event to be.

From behind the many dark blue robed men, a person slowly came to step forward, dressed in full scarlet robes. His face was devilishly attractive, and he then opened his mouth to say with a smile: "It must have been a long arduous journey for all our esteemed guests here. My name is Yan Jue, here to welcome all of you here on behalf of our Valley Chief. I beg your pardon if we have been tardy in any way."

His voice had just fallen when a roar of exclamation rose up among the guests before it quickly subsided into hushed murmurings within the crowd.

"Yan Jue..... That name sounds so familiar."

"Don't tell me you really have not heard that name before? He is one of the top ten assassins within the Assassins Temple, nicknamed the Smiling Hades, the notorious Yan Jue who can take one's life without anyone knowing while smiling amicably!"

"From the Assassins Temple!? I saw his scarlet robe and had thought that he was just a regular Gold Badge Assassin from the Carefree Valley." The first man said in a subdued voice.

"Tsk, that one there can do whatever he wants. He always likes to wear red clothes that is representative of a Gold Badge Assassin just to confuse people. It must be known that the most highly skilled people in the Carefree Valley aren't the Gold Badge Assassins but the ones from the Assassins Temple above them all!"

"I heard that every single one of them in the Assassins Temple has attained levels that can only be described as terrifying, will all of us here just end up embarrassing ourselves here....."

Probably after having overheard their discussion, someone started to feel afraid, and wanted to back out from the competition.

The moment his words came out, he was immediately laughed at by everyone. "How did you even manage to muster the guts to come participate in the Friendship Meet at all? I think you might have your life frightened right out of you looking down the sheer cliff before even going down!"

Yan Jue listened to the hushed whispers among the guests and could not help but show scorn on his face. [To think these people actually dare to come take part in this Friendship Meet between the sects, looks like the Faint Mist Sect and the Limitless Sect have become much less worthy of attention.]

His gaze searched through the crowd and he did not see anyone that he was seeking out. He could not help being rather surprised. [The Friendship Meet among the sects is such an important event, is that fella not coming?]

He was just thinking that when a gust of cold wind blew from behind him, chillingly aggressive. His fingers immediately curled up into claws, and his fingernails suddenly grew long as he threw his hand behind him in a grab. His hands gripped tightly upon the person creeping up from behind in a sneak attack. It was..... a sword's hilt.

Yan Jue was silent. "....."

The man's whose weapon was gripped in Yan Jue's hand looked at him in befuddlement, and it was a heartbeat later that he opened his mouth to say: "You always get so passionate every time we meet."

Yan Jue stared at the man without any expression on his face, and then released his grip on the sword's hilt. The tone of his voice sounded like he was speaking through tightly clenched teeth as he said: "Do you have to be so moronic everytime you appear by playing such games? Always attempting to sneak up to attack me even though you clearly know that you will not succeed."

[Is this fella really such an idiot!?]

The man was tall and well built, standing there with his arms hugging his sword. His eyes were bright and alert, exceptionally good-looking, Su Li Mo in the flesh.

He watched the infuriated expression on the other man's face, and could not help but blink his eyes innocently as he said with a laugh: "I was merely just testing your reflexes aren't I? It's so that your cultivation will not come to regress you know?"

[Lunatic.]

Yan Jue really could not be bothered with this person, always so childish to try such an old trick like a sneak attack, seeming to take delight in such mischievous pranks.

Ever since they came to form a grudge when he came to hunt for the same prey with Su Li Mo during one of his training trips outside, this fella seemed to have become addicted to battling him, always picking a fight whenever they meet, which was just so bothersome.

But he was an opponent with maniacal powers, their battles always inconclusive every single time, so he was unable to beat him up so bad to convince the fella to never come back to bother him again.

If this came to be known by his bunch of brothers, he would surely be laughed at mercilessly. They would surely claim that Su Li Mo was just lusting for his beauteous looks, and was merely picking fights with him to draw the two of them closer in order to improve their relationship.

[Ptui! Improve what god damned relationship!?]

[The entire bunch of them have nothing on their minds but always filled with such trashy and nonsensical thoughts!!]

Yan Jue was always carrying a fake smile on his face and his patient was really running out as he stared at Su Li Mo. He then said sarcastically: "What? The Faint Mist Sect has no one else but only sent you here?"

Su Li Mo arched up an eyebrow. "Oh? Your tone of voice sounds like you do not think very much of the Faint Mist Sect do you?"

"I do not think all that much of the Faint Mist Sect indeed, but I think even much less of you especially." Yan Jue said with contempt.

Hearing those words, Su Li Mo did not get angry, but just said with a laugh: "It wouldn't be too late for you to say those words only after you manage to defeat me would it?"

Over on the Limitless Sect's side, as the final disciple of the Sect Leader and his most favored one, Mu Chi had naturally come to attend the meet as well. A handsome youth that was pleasing to the eye, he drew the attention of everyone wherever he went. In addition to that, he also had the top Elixir Cultivators Family Clan backing him from behind, so people would naturally want to butter him up a little whenever they saw him.

But sometimes attracting too much attention might not be a good thing altogether, or at least Mu Chi was someone who disliked having people look at him like he was some rare and precious creature.

"Little brat."

Someone suddenly tapped him on the shoulder, and Mu Chi raised his eyes to see who it was. His face then broke into a smile. "Sis, you're here as well."

Mu Lai raised an eyebrow. "How could I not come to such an important event? How have you been recently?"

Mu Chi smiled and shrugged his shoulders. "How bad can things get for me? I am able to eat and sleep well."

Mu Lai pummeled him with a laugh, her eyes filled with earnest mirth.

She was not close to anyone in the Mu Family that was of similar age to her except for the children in her Aunt's family whom she was on very good terms with. Mu Lai was one year older than him, and she really liked fella who was like a brother to her.

Mu Chi peered at the group of people behind the woman and then opened his mouth to ask seemingly indifferently: "Why do I not see Qing Yu? She couldn't possibly not be taking part is she?"

"Qing Yu met with a mishap recently and sustained injuries. She might not be coming." Mu Lai replied, and then arched an eyebrow up to look at him. "What? You miss her?"

Mu Chi ignored the teasing tone of her voice and went on to ask with a worried look on his face: "She got injured? What happened? Were her injuries serious?"

Seeing the youth so anxious and worried, Mu Lai then said helplessly: "The injuries were not especially serious, but the wound was rather large, and quite frightening to see. You do not have to worry yourself too much, as she has someone looking after her!"

[And that person really cared greatly for Qing Yu, to the extent that he was highly meticulous, down to the very last detail]

[She was aware of this little fool's feelings towards Qing Yu, but as the man beside Qing Yu was really just too strong an opponent, Mu Chi could not even compare to the little finger on that man's hand. The disparity between their powers was just too great and he might as well just give up early.]

[And that lass Qing Yu is such a powerful one herself, Mu Chi is really quite a long way off from matching up with her.]

Hearing that, Mu Chi's eyes dimmed, seeming to have understood something, and did not continue to ask any further.

On the other side, seeing that time was up, Yan Jue then whispered to a man wearing a demon mask beside him. The man nodded and then went out to the edge of the cliff before he jumped off, his movements exceptionally nimble as his disappeared from sight.

Right after that, the sound of some mechanism being initiated was heard.

Yan Jue then came to turn himself around to face everyone, a disarming smile on his face. "Everyone can now enter the Carefree Valley. The entrance into our Carefree Valley is at the bottom of this cliff and I implore for everyone to be careful not to get yourselves hurt. You can all first come see how to pass through the obstacles safely and I shall be awaiting your arrival at the bottom."

The moment he finished his words, he was already making his way down the sheer cliff with the several tens Carefree Valley Heaven Grade assassins. All of them could be seen nimbly leaping and dodging their way down, the slippery and highly treacherous sheer cliff face seemingly firm and steady under their feet, like it was completely effortless and easy to do.

Looks like the rumor that people of the Carefree Valley possessed unparalleled "lightfoot" skills isn't exaggerated at all.

Letting everyone watch them make their way down, was considered as a demonstration for everyone up there.

But their movements were too quick and no one was able to see their actions clearly. It would not be an easy task getting down to the bottom of the cliff.

[Let it be. Just cure a dead horse like one would do for a live one.] (*Chinese saying.)

Someone then clenched his jaws tight and then jumped off from the edge. Seeing that someone had taken the lead, the people who were beside him then leapt off as well, following behind the lead guy.

But very soon, a horrifying scream quickly sounded from below.

"EEEK~ A ghost!!"

"A ghost is pulling my leg! I am going to fall off! Let go of me! Let go!"

"Help~"

Everyone was silent. "....."

[What is happening? There are ghosts down there??]

"So, did you manage to see where they stepped?"

Not too far away, two purple-robed figures stood.

It was a man and a woman, one tall with a muscular build, the other tall and slender, looking very compatible to each other. These two people were Lou Jun Yao and Qing Yu who arrived here late.

As Qing Yu was carrying an injury, they did not take the horse carriage, but had come here through the amazing skill of traversing through dimensional space, and they had just reached the place.

Qing Yu rubbed her chin and nodded. "Mm. I was able to more or less see. Though I wouldn't know what's below that, but I can give it a try at least."

Upon saying that, she was just going to walk over to the edge of the cliff. But before she had even taken two steps out, a hand closed on her arm and she was pulled back by the man. The man's displeased voice was then heard. "What did you promise me?"

Qing Yu was taken aback a moment and she then replied obediently: "I can only watch, and cannot make any moves on my own. But I..... haven't made any moves....."

Lou Jun Yao looked at her with a scornful face. "I should just hand you a mirror to let you see the look on your own face now. See whether you can tell that your face has "I'm so excited!" written all over it."

Qing Yu had no words. "....."

[In what way did she show she was excited.....]

[Alright. Maybe just a tiny little bit. It really isn't all that much.]

[People out there are all saying how great and terrifying the Carefree Valley's sheer cliff face is, and she just wants to find out for herself to see if it really lives up to its name only.....]

Seeing everyone from the Limitless Sect and the Faint Mist Sect having gone down one after another, Qing Yu knitted up her brows and asked: "Then how are we going to get down?"

Lou Jun Yao scoffed haughtily as he glanced at the young lady. "You do not have to worry about such a thing. Hug me."

Qing Yu who had been seriously waiting for his reply was suddenly stunned, unable to react for a moment. "What did you say?"

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

48.2K 5.4K 10
Dragonwall's queen no longer remembers who she is. Her magic is locked away at the hands of an evil sorcerer. Kane hoped to deal the drengr monarchy...
46.2K 4.7K 97
A story following a young hunter named Jay. He has grown up in a world where dungeons, monsters, and humans with leveling systems are a cultural norm...
79.1K 6.8K 45
What if Arnav gets a chance to rectify all his mistakes? What if he gets a chance to avoid such situations? What if he gets to know Khushi is his wou...
189K 9K 51
My name is Alex Cruz, I'm a omega, so I'm just a punching bag to my pack. But Emma, Queen of werewolves Sam, queen of dragons Winter, queen of vampi...