Black Bellied Belle: Demon Lo...

Par Pandavent

The first time they met they had battled fiercely, just for a mere bunch of herbs. She needed it to save peop... Plus

Prologue - Ch. 10
Ch. 11-20
Ch. 21-30
Ch. 41-50
Ch. 51-60
Ch. 61-70
Ch. 71-80
Ch. 81-90
Ch. 91-100
Ch. 101-110
Ch. 111-120
Ch. 121-130
Ch. 131-140
Ch. 141-150
Ch. 151-160
Ch. 161-170
Ch. 171-180
Ch. 181-190
Ch. 191-200
Ch. 201-210
Ch. 211-220
Ch. 221-230
Ch. 231-240
Ch. 241-250
Ch. 251-260
Ch. 261-270
Ch. 271-280
Ch. 281-290
Ch. 291-300
Ch. 301-310
Ch. 311-320
Ch. 321-330
Ch. 331-End

Ch. 31-40

94 1 0
Par Pandavent

Chapter 31: Ninth Princess Xin Yan

That was really what people would call true blazing speed!

Qing Yu wiped off the pale white fluorescent powder off her face and with a light wave of her fingers, the thick human arm immediately changed greatly.

She brought it up to her mouth and chomped a bite off the delicious and refreshing, highly juicy 'Buddha's Hand' fruit'. "What a timid little fella."

But, mm, she would be left alone now.

Thinking about that, she smiled. Under the moonlight, that pretty little face showed a rare moment of innocence and looked so adorable.

"Yawn~" Qing Yu gave a great yawn. "Back to sleep."

She usually followed a rather regular pattern when it came to resting and she was rather late tonight.

She went into her room and closed the door, the outside a swathe of silence once again.

—— Water Edge Kingdom ——

Around the sides of a large rounded arena stage, were many young men and women, their faces filled with restrained excitement and adoration.

"Go go go, Ninth Princess!"

"Sweet Heavens. The Ninth Princess should be only sixteen this year I think, and compared to just a month ago, her cultivation seems to have advanced again!"

"She's our Water Edge Kingdom's most talented young lady indeed!"

'Bam!' A figure slammed heavily into the guard rails around the edge of the arena, and vomited out a large mouthful of blood.

"I've lost." It was a man that was over twenty years old, his clothes highly ragged, the expression on his face dejected.

His eyes remain lowered as an exquisitely made pair of white ankle boots came to a stop before him. He was startled a moment as he lifted his head, and seeing that lovely and beautiful countenance so close to him, it caused the man's face that was in a slightly wretched state unconsciously start to turn red.

A lake blue flowy long dress, with a thin strapped white patterned bustier inside, bundled around a tiny slender waist. With her back bent right in front of him, that almost discernible cleavage was impossibly alluring, her figure causing the man to stare straight at her, unable to take his eyes off.

Her head of luxurious black hair draped over her shoulders, with wisps of the hair beside her temples a light lake blue, and she had a pair of large eyes that were full of life, their irises blue as well, inherited from her maternal side, a symbol of one who was of legitimate bloodline, that was rare to see even in a hundred years.

Her skin was snowy white, seemingly almost ephemerally beautiful, looking highly quick witted and intelligent, a rare beauty with pressing spiritual aura.

"Not too bad. This time, you've managed to last through the period of one joss stick's time. You've improved." Yue Xin Yan said smilingly, her eyes two crescents as she pointed at the incense thurible placed up on the high platform, to see that the joss stick had just burned out.

The man was taken aback a moment, seemingly not having ever thought that he would be able to last past that one joss stick's time.

Yue Xin Yan was not bothered by his raggedness as she patted him on his shoulder. "Practice your cultivation well. When the day comes that you are able to last through three joss stick's time at my hands, I will plead with my royal brother, to have you released."

The man's expression turned to shock. "Why are you helping me?"

"Because you are different from the others." Yue Xin Yan said as she raised her eyes to gaze indifferently, towards a sharp roofed building. Locked up in there, were all intruders who had attempted to barge their way into the mysterious Water Edge Kingdom.

The man looked at her in surprise. "Ho....."

"You want to ask me how I know that?" Yue Xin Yan smiled. "When you become stronger, you might even be able to gaze upon that man whom you worship at close distance!"

This man had intruded into the Water Edge Kingdom, not to delve into the amazing magic in here or to seek the endless riches they possessed, but only because of the god of slaughter that everyone throughout the lands was terrified of, the Duke of Vast Seas.

He had been imprisoned in here for more than two months, and had only seen the man in the legends once, from a far distance away.

And it was that one time, when his eyes were filled with undisguised fervour and worship, that made Yue Xin Yan look at him differently. The man had great foresight and vision, and she was able to help him.

"Thank you Ninth Princess, I will definitely become stronger. I want to throw myself under the banner of the Duke of Vast Seas!" The man clasped his hand around his fist, bowing respectfully before the princess.

Yue Xin Yan began chuckling upon hearing that. "That will not be an easy task. Big Brother Ye Li has an eccentric temperament and he completely ignores people he does not find pleasing to the eye."

When the man heard that, he was just about to say something when he saw the expression of the young lady before him light up with joy and then leapt out of the arena with a light tap of her foot. The crowd surrounding the arena also quickly dispersed, surging to gather towards another direction.

It was as if they were all led over there, and the man unconsciously turned his gaze over in that direction as well.

Not too far away, a man stood, a tall and slender figure, wearing a deep red long robe that hid a well built physique, his silver hip long hair bound up with a jade crown of the same colour, looking exceptionally mesmerizing and bewitching.

The Duke of Vast Seas possessed an exceptional physical constitution and as his looks were rather different from the others, which might have caused him to not like to meet with people. Hence, he always wore a wolf shaped mask over his face all the time and only that strange pair of green eyes could be seen, and a pair of thin lips that were not prone to smiles, a man of few words.

Despite that, all of that could not stop the Water Edge Kingdom's subjects adoring and worshipping hearts.

At that moment, a pretty young lady dressed in blue stood in front of him, her head lifted up to smile sweetly at him. "Big Brother Ye Li, you've slept for such a long time. Do you still remember your way around the Palace? Are you going to see my Royal Brother? I can lead the way for you!"

Qing Ye Li quietly gazed at the young lady who was smiling prettily like a flower in front of him and he was actually flustered for an instant. That girl's smile was still so clear in his memories, so warm, mischievous, a little naughty, every single one of them so lively and witty.

He still remembered, she loved to smile.

Her smiles, were so beautiful.

"Is this Xin Yan? You've grown up." Qing Ye Li's lips parted, his voice cold and magnetic, melodious and highly enchanting.

"Mm mm. Big Brother Ye Li can still remember me. That is really great." Yue Xin Yan was extremely happy about that.

Qing Ye Li swept his eyes over the fighting arena to look, and then lowered his eyes to ask: "Why have you developed an interest with those intruders? If you really that bored, why not go out for a bout of rigorous training?"

Yue Xin Yan's tiny mouth pouted, and see the man raise his foot to walk away, she quickly moved to catch up. "Big Brother Ye Li, aren't we both already going to the Green Wave Kingdom already? I heard that there are many powerful figures there. I will just go challenge them when we get there."

"In the current Green Wave Kingdom's Imperial Family, with the exception of their Crown Prince, all the other are either still too young or they have amounted to nothing. There is nothing about them that we need to fear!" The young man following right behind Qing Ye Li said with a laugh. "Ninth Princess, The Green Wave Kingdom's Princess Ning Feng who is about on equal standing with you might however be worth a match."

"Ah Jin, is that Yan Ning Luo really that skilled? More highly skilled than me?" Yue Xin Yan then asked with an eyebrow arched up.

Ah Jin thought about it for a moment. "About that, without having competed before, your subordinate does not dare to make any audacious conclusion. But Princess Ning Feng does indeed possess quite a good amount of power and she is also a prodigious young lady just like our princess here."

"Is that so? Then I will really like to look into that myself. " Yue Xin Yan nodded, her heart growing with a tinge of curiosity towards this young lady she had yet to have met.

Ah Jin watched the look on her face and then said with a laugh. "It's funny when I tell you this. Princess Ning Feng and the Crown Prince Xuanyuan Che have been engaged in marriage back from when they were very young and it was initially planned that they would marry after her coming of age ceremony when she turns sixteen. But a good half year has already passed from then and there hasn't been even a squeak from either of them."

"And why is that?" Yue Xin Yan asked in puzzlement.

"Haha, I heard that the two of them had not been able to see eye to eye with anything from young and every time they meet, the are always at each other's throats like mortal enemies."

Yue Xin Yan laughed, her eyes turned to slits with smile. "Something so funny can really happen!?"

She continued chatting with Ah Jin outside about this and that while Qing Ye Li went into the Imperial Study.

"Everytime I come, I see you buried in a pile of memorials."

Yue Mu Chen raised his head and saw the man coming in. He then stood up from his chair. "You're here. Sit."

Hearing that, Qing Ye Li sat on a chair at the side.

Yue Mu Chen poured out a cup of tea for the man and his gaze measured the man up. "You've become stronger indeed. Compared to seven years ago, I am unable to get a grasp of your aura at all now."

"If not for your ill health which makes your body unable to withstand the pressure, you will not be doing any worse." Qing Ye Li said indifferently.

Yue Mu Chen was, among all the people he had met, the man whose mind was the most resolute and surpassing intelligence.

The Water Edge Kingdom's ruler was a weak bodied walking medicine bottle who did not possess a high level of cultivation, but no one dared to slight him in anyway. His brain was one that no normal person's could ever compare to and if he had the ambition, ruling over the entire lands would just be a matter of time.

But alas, his heart was at peace and content with his life and from young, he had never held any especially deep yearning towards any particular matter or person, where even when he assumed the crown, it was just a matter of acceding to the people's wishes.

All this while, he had been too tired.

"I only wish to be able to do something more for Water Edge while I am still alive." Yue Mu Chen smiled gently, and then went on to say a little regretfully: "But with this tattered body I have, I do not know how many more years I will be able to last, and whether I will even be able to leave behind a heir is a tough task."

Although his Imperial Harem was not filled with thousands of beauties like was the norm, but there was still quite a number of Imperial Concubines. It was just that he had never gone to their chambers before.

He knew his own situation very well and he did not want to give those woman hope and for it to finally turn to disappointment.

Qing Ye Li's eyes darkened. "If Xin Yan is to hear that, she will be sad."

"That is why I have never said it in front of her. That lass might seem heartlessly callous, but she cares for me the most." Yue Mu Chen could hear the young lady's joyous voice outside, and his face was filled with doting indulgence.

"Don't be so pessimistic." Qing Ye Li expression under his mask seemed to change, and the man who never showed any emotion on his face then parted his lips slightly to say: "I am looking for a person. If I can find her, then you will definitely be able to regain the health of your body."

Yue Mu Chen was stunned for a moment. "What did..... you say?"

For his body, a countless number of famed alchemists across the lands have all almost deemed it to be condemned, and could only use elixirs to keep him hanging, with no way of curing him completely.

A weak and sickly body carried out from a mother's womb was hard to treat.

But..... What has he just heard?

His body can be saved?!

Yue Mu Chen could almost not believe what he had just heard. "Ye Li, is what you said really true? My body..... really can be cured?"

"Mm." Qing Ye Li nodded. "That person's skills in Medicine is very good, and the alchemists throughout the lands are not even one tenth as good."

Yue Mu Chen was rather surprised. Ye Li seldom had such high praise for anyone and a guess seemed to form up in his heart. "Could that person..... possibly be from the same world you were from?"

"Yes." When Qing Ye Li thought of that person, his green eyes softened. He knew, that that girl was still alive, and no matter where she was, the day would come where he would find her.

He had so many words he had not been able to say in time to her, and he wanted to tell them all to her.

In the past, he had not dared to say them.

But after having been separated by death before, he thought that he should let her know.

That he had always..... cared for only one person..... Only for her.

Chapter 32: Persecuted

With the Cloud Heaven being the highest level lands, it was not on a parallel plane with the other two lands.

To enter Cloud Heaven, one must pass through a dimensional space tunnel and while going through the long endless tunnel, countless unknown dangers that awaited many proud but ignorant and exuberant youths.

Since time immemorial, an innumerable number of lives have been lost in this dimensional space tunnel.

Hence, the dimensional space tunnel had come to evolve over the past hundred years, to become more mysterious and unpredictable, filled with all kinds of dangers, and powerful pugilists from the lower level lands who succeeded in entering into Cloud Heaven grew less and less in number.

Every of those lands would have several powerful and mighty forces.

The Constellation Lands had three great sects and the White Fen Lands had the four great family clans.

Cloud Heaven was split into five boundaries, situated in the four compass directions of North, East, South, West, and an additional Central region.

In the East were the Divine Healers whose legacy had been passed down over a thousand years, and in the South there was the Bright Moon Divine Temple, who were skilled in divinations and possessed the power to inflicts curses. The West held the strange looking barbarians with explosive personalities while the North harboured the mysterious and unfathomable Dark Legion, evil and bloodthirsty.

In the centre region, was the Hunter's Guild that was both upright and evil. The only thing they knew and recognized was money and not the person. The place was filled with an innumerable number of skilled and powerful pugilists and they did not fear any one of the other powers.

The five different powers had originally coexisted in Cloud Heaven peacefully for the past hundred years but in recent years, the people from the Dark Legion had grown outrageously savage where they had begun to kill people from the other powers, committing an unpardonable crime.

That had caused displeasure to brew within the other powers and they began to persecute people from the Dark Legion. The Dark Legion was becoming less like the power they were before, their might gradually being dismantled by the other powers.

And the Dark Legion's Palace Lord who was said to be almost equal to a god did not show himself at all, allowing the Dark Legion to fracture and split, which was a point that everyone could not comprehend.

"Go on run. Run with all your might. See where you can run to. Hahahaha....."

"Heh heh heh. See here, the Dark Legion who once considered themselves unmatchable have now been reduced to be like a dog, running for their lives all over. How pitiful."

They have already run all the way here to the desolate and uninhabited desert but those people behind them were like shadowy ghosts intent on claiming their lives, impossible to shake off no matter what they did.

The several black human figures in front were all covered in black cloaks and their faces could not be seen. But dark coloured streaks could be seen clearly on various parts the cloaks, bloodstains seeped into the black clothing.

Behind them was a row of people, seven or eight young men, all of them dressed into blinding gold clothes with a custom made epaulet on their shoulders. It was a large eagle soaring with its wings spread wide, a long and sharp beak, its eyes vicious and penetrating.

That was the Hunter's Guild insignia.

"Doing things that dispenses justice on Heaven's behalf feels just so invigorating. Moreover, there's also a great bounty to collect as well. The one we caught last night, had quite a strong level of cultivation which took quite a quite amount of effort, and took two of our brothers' lives."

"That person seems to hold quite a high position in the Dark Legion. Those blood red eyes of his were rather horrifying to look at."

Those few men did not seem to be in a hurry to make any moves as they went on to chatter on casually, seeming like they were intentionally trying to provoke the people from the Dark Legion.

"What are you so afraid of? He had such a pretty looking face and if it wasn't for the fact that he's a man, I would have liked to have a taste of that one." One of the sinister looking men said with a vulgar look on his face.

"So what if it was a man? It would really be fun when we toy with him. Hahahaha....."

The people from the Dark Legion were already completely exhausted, their bodies heavily wounded. But when they heard those taunting words coming out from the mouths of their pursuers, their eyes grew garishly red, their bodies trembling, rage rising up to new heights inside, that almost engulfed their sensibilities.

Time then seemed to freeze right at that moment, the faint scent of blood wafted through the air, and gradually grew more pungent.

The men in gold still maintained their stance from before.

They had not even had the time to wipe the arrogant expressions off their faces.

Under the glaring sun, the extremely thin red line across their necks looked so beautifully fine, so eye catching yet startling to the heart.

The next moment, copious amounts of blood sprayed out as their heads fell off from their bodies, eight human heads in uniform, that rolled upon the sand a couple of rounds like a ball.

A tall and slender figure splendid as a red glowing sunrise stood at a high point far point far away, hands manipulating golden threads unnoticeable to the naked eye tinted an imperceptible blood red. That person smiled with a backward glance, lips red and enchantingly luscious, alluring right to her very last bone.

"Lord Mei Ji!"

The woman flew down to the ground, and stepping over the dead bodies, she slowly walked over to go right in front of the black robed men. "Able to still walk?"

The several black robed men were highly taken aback with shock a moment before they then chorused in unison: "Yes!"

"Good." Mei Ji nodded, and then said with a laugh: "Return to the Dark Lands. I will go rescue our little monster and will join all of you after that."

"Lord Mei Ji, it's dangerous for you to go alone. Please bring us along with you!"

"You bunch of injured and wounded? For me to carry all you dead weights?" Mei Ji's face was contemptuous. "The Hunter's Guild is nothing to me, and they will not be able to stop me. Tsk! If they had not used such a crafty ruse, how could they possibly be able to capture our little monster!?"

The few of them had still wanted to say something but were then interrupted.

"Alright, hurry up and go back. There's not much time left. The Hunter's Guild has a special way of communication and the deaths of these few people will have their people coming here in search for them." The smile faded from Mei Ji's face and she tossed them a round black ball. "Hold this. If you meet with danger again, do not fight them. Crush this with spirit power and immediately run for your lives."

The moment her voice fell, the figure of Mei Ji shimmered and then disappeared from the spot she had been standing.

One of the black robed men picked up the black ball in a daze, and it was quite a while before he muttered: "I have a feeling that the Dark Legion will finally be able to avenge our past humiliation....."

In the south sat the vast and ancient Bright Moon Divine Temple.

In the Divine Temple, in front of the elevated seat was a thick curtain veil, where the figure of a person would faintly be made out, languishing lazily on a lounge, seemingly bored while listening to the person below chatter endlessly.

"Temple Lord, you must help me. That man, that man must have found out. Otherwise, I will not have become like this."

The one talking was a woman dressed in black priestess robes. Her looks were not very outstanding, a sinister air emanating from her entire body, rather terrifying. Under the loose sleeves of the priestess robe, one of them hung empty.

"Isn't just an arm that was lost? What are you getting so worked up about?" It was a soft and gentle mesmerizing voice, that tugged at the strings of one's heart.

The woman down below became more frantic. "But..... Your subordinate's Devotion Curse had been planted for almost a hundred years and was about to see it devour his consciousness. But someone has managed to break the curse, and I even bitten back in retaliation....." The woman's face was showing much fear. "Upon divination I then came to know that the person who broke the curse is not in Cloud Heaven."

"Oh?" The sultry voice finally showed a sliver of emotion. "The lower lands has such capable people? Could it be a person who went down there from Cloud Heaven?"

"Your subordinate does not know, but only knows that the opponent is very powerful. When I was battling him, I had initially thought that I was able to kill him, but never have I expected that I would be taken in by a trick. If I had not cut off my arm in time, I would already be turned into a pile of bones." The woman answered in a frightened voice.

"Oh? That's interesting....."

"My Lord, what do I do now? That man will soon find out that we were the ones responsible. His personality is one that bears a grudge and his vengeance against us will definitely be vicious."

"What do you mean we? Weren't you the one who laid the curse? I do not know anything about it at all....." The woman's voice sounded highly innocent.

"My Lord....." The woman raised her head up in incredulity, seeming like she had never thought that she would be tossed aside and abandoned like this. "My Lord save me! My Lord, I had done it all because of you....."

"What a din. Get out!" The voice grew displeased, and an invisible force blasted the woman straight out, where she vomited blood and fell unconscious.

A breeze that came out of nowhere slightly stirred up the thin curtain veil and the woman of peerless beauty inside was seen chuckling softly, the sound enchanting and pleasing to the ears. "My Sovereign King, you're finally..... coming back."

————

Ever since the last time Yan Ning Luo quarrelled with Xuanyuan Che and they parted on a bad note, the relationship between the two people had become much worse.

Mo Han Yan was deeply afraid that if the two of them continued on like this, even the engagement might become impossible to preserve. She had been staying by her daughter's side the past few days, to persuade and counsel her in a soft voice, though it was all for naught.

That had worried her for a good while and she did not even have the time to go find trouble with the siblings at the Tranquil Abode.

In truth, Qing Yu was not all that happy recently.

Although they had told Yan Su before that they did not need the Tranquil Abode rebuilt, but he had still felt that he owed the two of them, where he had not only sent people to deliver a great amount of gold and silver jewellery, silk and satin fabric, assigned to them clever and smart servants, and coming over himself to see them every few days.

When Qing Bei was very young, he had always pined for his father, hoping that he could come see him. But what awaited him was only disappointment time and time again.

Slowly, he then stopped feeling that strongly about it.

Especially after he found out that he was not Yan Su's biological son.

"You have a good rest. Father will definitely find someone to cure your legs, to enable you to stand up once again." Yan Su said with a benevolent face as he patted the young youth on the shoulder. Turning to the servant maid at the side, he then said: "Look after Young Master well."

"Yes, Your Highness."

Yan Su spoke a little bit more, and then got up to depart from the Tranquil Abode.

Qing Bei's gaze was indifferent as he watched Yan Su's back grow more distant, and he then turned his eyes back. "All of you can go outside."

"Young Master, His Highness asks for your servant here to serve you." The pretty looking servant girl said as she looked at the handsome face, her cheeks flushing pink.

"Disobedient servants, I do not need." Qing Bei's eyes turned chill. His voice was not loud, but it caused the little servant girl's face to change in shade, where she quickly fell to her knees to kowtow frantically. "Young Master do not be angry. Your servant will go out right now."

Upon saying that, she hurriedly left with the people behind her.

Inside the room, silence was finally restored.

Qing Bei heaved a sigh, and then looked at all the luxurious and riches and finery distastefully.

The Tranquil Abode itself was not a large place and with so many things sent here, the entire place was almost all filled up. The ladies and young misses of the various chambers were green with envy but unfortunately all of this was bestowed by the Duke himself and no matter how much they coveted the things, all they could do was just look.

Qing Bei pushed his wheelchair and then peeked into the other room inside.

[Sis is really sly!]

She knew that Father would keep coming these few days and she has been going out early and returning late and night, never around in the Tranquil Abode where Yan Su did not even have the chance to see her. Every time Father asked about her, he had had to find all kinds of excuses to dodge the question. Fortunately Yan Su's attention had been focused on being sympathetic towards the wheelchair bound Qing Bei who was unable to walk, and had not paid Qing Yu that much notice.

Chapter 33: Hiding Out the Rain

And what was Qing Yu doing going out so early and coming back so late?

Speaking of it would really make her feel so helpless and become depressed.

Ever since she managed to scare off Mu Chi the last time, she finally felt that the world had become peaceful.

However, she had been too naive.

That fella had not only come over the very next morning to block her way at her doors but had also seen through her "ploy".

He had then told her to not put up anymore senseless struggle as he would never give up.

With a serious face he had even said: "You can choose to not like me, but you cannot stop me from liking you."

She had initially wanted to teach him a good lesson but Qing Bei had specially looked into his identity and found that that fella was not only from one of the Three Great Sects, he was also the most favoured Inner Disciple of the Limitless Sect's Sect Leader. In addition to that, he was even previously a prince of the Green Wave Kingdom whom although renounced, the blood of the Imperial Family still flowed in that body of his.

Moreover, the Crown Prince Xuanyuan Che was on especially good terms with him as well.

That identity of his, was truly not an ordinary one!

If he had been any regular person, it wouldn't matter so much. But with so many links, it really made the situation rather prickly.

Hence, Qing Yu gave up on that idea, and cowardly chose to escape.

That's right, as long as she was not in the Tranquil Abode, would that fella then possess an all seeing eye? As vast as the lands were, there would always been a place for her to hole up in.

The Duchess did not have the time find trouble with them the past few days as she had been worried about her own daughter. Even if she was not in the Duke's Manor for ten days or a fortnight, no one would notice a thing.

Then where had she been in that period?

About several ten miles' distance away from the Eternal Peace Duke's Manor, there was a cave. Someone should have probably lived in there a very long time ago and although it was a little overgrown with vegetation, but making do with the place for a short period, it provided a much better environment than the times in the past where she had to survive out in the wild.

Over these past days, she just remained in the cave to cultivate her powers.

And she also managed to cultivate some highly nourishing elixirs for spirit bodies, meant for her weapon spirit.

Speaking of this, it was rather strange. That fella had clearly benefited quite a bit as well whenever she managed to gain a breakthrough in her own powers, so why had it suddenly seemed to have fallen back into a coma once again?

As its Mistress, she really didn't seem to command that much respect from it!

But little did she know that the little fella in her body was not in a deep sleep at that moment, but it was because it had just devoured a powerful evil spirit and was digesting it. Wait till it had completely combined the evil spirit into itself and it would be the day it would make its reappearance to the world!

The way Qing Yu cultivated elixirs was slightly different from other people in this world. In the <>, it was recorded that when one's Pill Refining Technique reached a certain level, one would not need to use a Elixir Cauldron to cultivate elixirs, but merely need to refine and reconstruct the herbs with an Elixir Fire, removing the impurities and extracting their essence. Finally, after undergoing constant laborious tempering, one would be able to condense the herbs into elixirs.

This was undoubtedly reaching an entirely new realm.

And Qing Yu had already done away with the need to use an Elixir Cauldron in her past life. But as some elixirs were a little more special and must not come in contact with the outside air, that would then require her to use an Elixir Cauldron.

But being out here in the wild, it wasn't all that convenient to make use of an Elixir Cauldron and hence she had cultivated the elixirs with her bare hands, the golden red flames of the Elixir Fire lighting up the entire cave.

A loud crash of thunder sounded outside suddenly and it gradually started to rain.

Qing Yu kept the elixirs she had cultivated away and looked at the sky outside, her brows creasing up together.

The weather over this period had been rather gloomy but it had not rained. She had not thought that it would rain so suddenly.

It seemed she would have to continue to remain in here for a good while.

Qing Yu gave a long sigh and could not help but think of all her countless days of training in the past, in that cold and dark room, engulfed in endless desolate loneliness.

But during that period, her weapon spirit would always suddenly pop out from her body to try to cheer her up, and to chat with her.

The little curled up ball inside the space was still coiled up quietly and the corners of Qing Yu's lips then curled up slightly. "Little Burrow, I miss you so much!"

The rain outside had not lightened up in the slightest, but had grown heavier instead. The sky outside was dark and grey that gradually covered everything in a layer of misty fog, making it impossible to differentiate whether it was dawn or dusk.

Cultivating the elixirs had taken quite a bit out of Qing Yu and she was actually feeling a little sleepy at that moment, her eyes slowly closing.

"This is just great Second Brother! There's a cave up ahead and we can finally get out of this rain!"

The figures of a man and a woman slowly appeared within the rain. The man was holding a outer layer of clothing over the two people's heads, to shield themselves just a little from the rainwater.

The person who spoke was dressed in a light purple dress with ruffled trim, a little drenched and her hair a little messed up, but her pretty face was still tinted with a sliver of delight. This young lady was the daughter of the Left Prime Minister, Yu Xiao Ning.

"I really have to take my hat off to you Ning Ning. Don't you know that the weather these couple of days isn't all that suitable for travel? And you still insisted on coming out. This is just great. We're now wetter than chickens drenched in soup!" The blue robed man was sunny and good looking, the expression on his face a little begrudging, but seemed more doting and helpless against the young lady.

He was the Left Prime Minister's second son, Yu Ting Xuan.

Yu Xiao Ning stuck her tongue out mischievously. "Aiyah, Big Brother is always so busy you can barely catch a glimpse of him and Third Brother is such a playboy loitering among the flowers all the time. Only Second Brother is willing to keep me company. I'm really lonely you know!"

"Naughty imp." The man rapped her on the head with a laugh. "Hurry up and go inside to hide. It will be bad if you catch a cold."

"I know I know." Yu Xiao Ning quickened her steps, and went running into the cave, with Yu Ting Xuan following closely behind.

Qing Yu heard the commotion and slowly opened her eyes, to suddenly see a man and a woman barging their way in.

The two people had not thought that there would be someone inside and the two of them were stunned for a moment. Yu Xiao Ning managed to react first, to smile gently. "We came in here to hide from the rain. Apologies as we must have startled the young missy here."

"It's alright." Qing Yu nodded her head at her. "Do as you please."

Upon saying that, she shut her eyes again.

Yu Xiao Ning pulled her brother to come walk inside and found themselves a dry spot to sit. She suddenly let out a soft sneeze and she rubbed her nose as she said: "It's so cold in here!"

Yu Ting Xuan stood up and found a number of tree twigs near the cave's mouth. He carried some of them over and lit it with spirit power, to start a small little fire.

"Ning Ning, sit closer by the warmth of the fire so you won't feel cold." Yu Ting Xuan said gently.

Yu Xiao Ning listened to him and shifted herself closer to the fire, her tiny hands stretched out to gather some warmth.

At that moment, the inside of the cave regained its silence, and only the crackling of the burning twigs could be heard.

Yu Xiao Ning must have been rather tired as having warmed up by the fire after awhile, she leaned against her brother and immediately fell asleep, letting out faint snores.

Yu Ting Xuan hugged his own arms and was leaned himself back on the side, his gaze unconsciously drifting over to the other young lady sitting cross legged in the corner. Her countenance was exquisite looking, the air she exuded extraordinary, seemingly a member of prominent family clan with just one look.

After looking at her for awhile, he then turned his gaze back.

He gently shifted Yu Xiao Ning's petite frame close to him, and placed his hand gently on her forehead to check if her temperature was normal before feeling relieved.

Qing Yu had closed her eyes and rested for awhile. Her body feeling much better, she then yawned before she stood up from the ground, to lightly dust off her clothes.

The rain outside had finally let up a little to become just a slight thin drizzle. Qing Yu smiled helplessly and finally left the cave.

Yu Ting Xuan had also noticed that the rain outside had lightened and he quickly woke he young lady beside him. "Ting Ting, wake up. We should be getting back."

"Huh..... Second Brother, I am very sleepy....." Yu Xiao Ting rubbed her head on his shoulder, her voice soft and mushy, just refusing to wake up.

"Sleep after we get back. It's not safe here." Yu Ting Xuan was really helpless against her and he half carried her up. "Stand properly, we're going home."

Yu Xiao Ting's eyes opened halfway and her face looking highly aggrieved, she said: "Second Brother, I don't want to go. I don't feel good. Boo hoo....."

The lass was always sharp and decisive, and strong as well. Yu Ting Xuan had never seen her acting like this and he immediately became anxious as he said: "What's wrong? Where are you feeling uncomfortable?"

"Headache." Yu Xiao Ting answered, pointing at her forehead.

Yu Ting Xuan quickly stretched his hand out to check her forehead. "It's not hot. Why do you have a headache?"

"Boo hoo, I just don't feel well. I don't want to go, don't want to go....." When a young lady was ill, no matter how strong she usually showed herself to be, at times like this they would always appear extraordinarily fragile. Seeing the large eyes brimming over with tears that threatened to fall, Yu Ting Xuan felt his heart wince with pain.

"It's alright, be good. Don't cry, you'll feel worse if you cry." Yu Ting Xuan said comfortingly in a soft voice, before he then called out without a moment's hesitation. "Will the young Miss please hold your step!?"

The young lady in white had already reached the cave's mouth and she halted in her steps when she heard that, her head turning around with an eyebrow raised: "Are you calling out to me?"

The pair of peerlessly beautiful phoenix like eyes were so alluring it stirred one's soul. Yu Ting Xuan fell into a daze as he stared, clearly not expecting that the young lady with such exquisite features would actually possess such an enchanting pair of eyes.

But at that moment he did not have the time and leisure to pay further attention to the young lady's looks but went on to say: "Miss, can you help see what kind of an illness is my little sister afflicted with?"

"Huh?" Qing Yu blinked. "How did you know that I possess the ability to do that?"

"There is the fragrance of herbs on you, and only an Elixir Cultivator would have that kind of a scent." Yu Ting Xuan explained incisively.

[He can even smell that? What kind of a nose does he have!?]

Qing Yu was rather surprised by the man's sharp sense of smell. But since the other party had opened their mouth to ask, she felt a little embarrassed to refuse, as that talent gifted upon her by the Heavens was meant to save people from death and to treat the wounded.

She reached her hand out to feel the other young lady's wrist. "It's nothing much. It's just a very slight fever. She'll be fine with a prick or two from my needle."

Upon saying that, her slim and slender fingertips pulled out a silver needle that was as fine as a strand of a bull's hair and she pricked Yu Xiao Ting somewhere on her forehead before Yu Xiao Ting was seen opening her eyes in a daze.

"Is your head still painful?" Seeing that adorable look on her face, Qing Yu could not help but find it amusing as she opened her mouth to ask.

Yu Xiao Ting shook her head, seemingly still a little dazed, before her eyes fixed right upon that enchantingly beautiful face, and she then actually asked Qing Yu: "Are you a demoness?"

Qing Yu arched up an eyebrow. "Do I look like one to you?"

Yu Xiao Ting shook her head again and then stared at her very intently. "You look, more beautiful than the demonesses in the books."

Qing Yu could not help but laugh out loud. "You're so adorable."

She then turned her gaze over to Yu Ting Xuan who had an awkward expression on her face. "She's alright now. I'll make a move first. Goodbye."

Saying that, she did not even give him a chance to react, but got up and left the cave in a blink, the white figure walking very quickly under the rainy scene.

The two people were mesmerized as they watched the figure disappear. Yu Ting Xuan retracted his gaze and found that his little sister was still bewitched. He stretched his hand out and waved it in front of her face as he called: "Ting Ting?"

Chapter 34: Hero Saves..... The Damsel?

"Second Brother!" Yu Xiao Ting suddenly called out loudly to him, which made Yu Ting Xuan almost jump out of his skin. He then stared angrily at her and said: "Why are you shouting so loudly for?"

"When did such an outstanding character appear in our Imperial Capital?" Yu Xiao Ning's face was serious. "Logically, a young miss who is so pretty like this, we should at least get to know her!"

Yu Ting Xuan was speechless. "....."

[This little sister of his..... Is her condition acting up once again?]

[Unable to take her eyes off any beautiful person. She was clearly not that bad looking herself!]

[She was also on very good terms with Princess Ning Feng as well, the kind that they told each other everything and anything.]

[But the main reason for that was..... Princess Ning Feng had a face that made her the number one greatest beauty!]

—— Gathered Cloud Loft ——

"The other side sent news that Mei Ji destroyed several of the Hunter's Guild's secret bases."

Bai Zhi Yan looked at the man standing by the window, and said with a smile: "I heard that they captured that Little Monster of hers which got under her skin quite a bit, and she immediately embarked on a massacre."

Lou Jun Yao acknowledged with an indifferent grunt. "She has been idle for a long enough time. Let her go loosen her joints a little."

The corners of Bai Zhi Yan's lips lifted up slightly and came walking over to stand beside him. "It is about time that the Lord returns as well. Having left Cloud Heaven for so long and roaming around in these two low leveled lands, it really doesn't befit that "slaughter all in your way" character of yours back then."

"Really?" Lou Jun Yao lifted an eyebrow, his gaze growing deep and profound. "I have grown older afterall, and the times are no longer the same as before. I should exercise a little bit of restraint at least."

Bai Zhi Yan went: "....." Fortunately he was not drinking tea at that moment, or he would surely choke himself to death.

[This Lord here is really starting to act more and more weird. When did he start liking to tell corny jokes like this? It isn't the least bit funny at all!]

"The Dark Legion has been thrown into a frantic mess by the people from the Divine Temple and the Hunter's Guild. Seeing that you are going to lose your position in Cloud Heaven, you really do not seem to be worried at all." Bai Zhi Yan gave a sigh. "As the Divine Healer Sect's number one prodigy, I was young and ignorant in the beginning, thinking that I will be able to attain great achievements charging forth with you. Who would have thought that the Dark Lord whose notorious fame quaked through the lands and sent shivers down people's spine upon hearing his name is now unable to recover from just one setback....."

With an imperceptible smile, Lou Jun Yao looked at that sad and forlorn looking man, his handsome looking face seemingly showing a hint of admiration. "That's rather good acting."

Bai Zhi Yan could not find any words. "....." [Sigh.]

He gazed at Lou Jun Yao with an aggrieved look for a while and noticing that the expression on Lou Jun Yao's face seemed to change for a brief moment, Bai Zhi Yan turned to follow the man's eyes.

"Huh?" Bai Zhi Yan's eyes widened. "Why does..... that person look so familiar?"

"Qing Yu!" Mu Chi's sharp eyes spotted the figure in front and immediately soared through the air to block her way forward.

The faint smile at the ends of Qing Yu's lips then stiffened.

"I've finally managed to see you again." The delight on the young man's face was unrestrained, his handsome and sunny smile making the man look so lively and eye catchingly radiant.

Qing Yu clasped her hand over her forehead helplessly. "Mu Chi, do not....."

Her body was suddenly caught in a tight embrace.

And on that busy street with people passing up and down, the bustling noise suddenly turned quiet.

A flawless young beauty and a handsome young man with a sunny disposition, the scene was just like a beautiful painting.

"Qing Yu, can you not avoid me anymore? Do you really dislike me so much?" The young man's voice was tinged with a hint of sadness.

Qing Yu's action that was about to push him away then paused.

"All the way from when I was very young till now, even though I was thrown out of the Imperial Palace, my life had always been one where I got anything I wanted." Mu Chi held on to the young lady tightly, his voice depressed.

"I have thought it through very seriously. Is it because I have never failed to have what I wanted before, so I am feeling such a strong desire to possess you?"

"But, it is not that."

Mu Chi then released her gently. The eyes that were always smiling were now filled with emotions. "Qing Yu, I really like you, very much."

Qing Yu felt rather troubled as she knitted up her brows. Faced with the young man who was confessing his true feelings so earnestly, she didn't want to reject him too harshly.

[She should at least be..... a little tactful right?]

"Why aren't you saying anything?" Mu Chi asked when he saw her brows creasing up. Deeply afraid that she might be unhappy, he quickly said: "It's alright. You do not need to answer me immediately. I can wait."

"But, I do not like you in that manner!" Qing Yu said with a helpless laugh. "I have merely saved your life that's all, do you repay all your benefactors like this?"

"Of course not. I only feel this way towards you." Mu Chi hastily explained.

Bai Zhi Yan watched with a highly amused face from above. "Heh heh heh. What day is it today, that we would be entertained by such a great show? That young lady is really rather pretty looking though, and the lad isn't too shabby either. Rather compatible I must say....."

Lou Jun Yao cast a scathting glance at him and Bai Zhi Yan immediately clammed his mouth shut. [What had he said wrongly again?]

Without waiting for him to clear his bewilderment, he already saw Lou Jun Yao turning around to walk outside. From the look of things, Lou Jun Yao was going to go out into the streets.

"My Lord, where are you going?" Bai Zhi Yan quickly hastened forward to catch up.

Downstairs, Mu Chi's eyes widened into two big circles, looking highly infuriated. "I do not believe it! You are lying to me!"

"I am not lying to you this time." Qing Yu struggled to maintain a smile on her face.

[Scoundrel, you really can't see that the number of people gathered around us is becoming more and more?]

[You're not going to give up are you?!]

"I have someone I like already. Mu Chi, you are great, and you deserve a better lady."

[These words..... sound so familiar. Why do they sound so much like what that heartless man from my previous life would say to a woman?]

"I do not believe that!" Mu Chi roared loudly. "You must be lying to me! Unless you can get that person to appear before me right this instant!"

Qing Yu chuckled to herself in her heart and with the slightest hesitation, her slender finger pointed haphazardly into a general direction. "The person I like..... is him."

Mu Chi turned his head with a furious gaze and he was then frozen.

That person was dressed in a regal purple robe, his body tall and well built. He was about half a head taller than him, with Mu Chi already losing out a notch in height.

Not to mention, that man also had peerlessly handsome looks.

A pair of mysterious and unfathomable violet eyes filled with a kind of storm brewing in them, a powerful aura emanated from that body, that caused the hearts of people to unconsciously feel a sense of fear.

A ring of people had been gathered around to pry and peer but suddenly, a large portion of them dispersed in an instant.

Qing Yu's hand still maintained its pose and when she saw the look of stunned defeat on Mu Chi's face, her brow lifted up slightly. She grew curious and she raised her eyes up to see..... to freeze in place as well.

[How did it come to be that fella? Could she be any..... luckier?]

[And..... she was dressed in ladies clothes! Right, she wouldn't be recognized as she was dressed as a girl!]

Lou Jun Yao watched the changing expressions on her face and immediately found it rather funny. He walked over to stand beside her, her voice low and magnetic. "Encountered some trouble?"

Qing Yu was stumped. "....."

[Should she pretend to not know her or should she pretend that she did not hear him?]

When Lou Jun Yao saw that she did not say anything, he looked up and turned to Mu Chi. "Is this the guy you said was pestering you before?"

"How did you know about that?" Qing Yu asked in bewilderment.

[Alright. Having asked that, she had undoubtedly just revealed her identity.]

[Let it be exposed then. She had not intended to hide that fact forever anyway.]

"I can see that you're getting a little impatient." Lou Jun Yao curled up the corners of his lips. "We have not met for quite a long while, would you like to come up and have a seat?"

"But....."

"Leave it to me." Lou Jun Yao went on to hold her by the shoulders and handed her over to Bai Zhi Yan behind him. "Bring her up."

Bai Zhi Yan had been in a state of complete bamboozlement with everything that's happening right from the beginning. Hence, when he heard the order given to him, he did not question it at all but immediately led the person away.

"You..... are really the person that she likes?" Mu Chi's face was one filled with highly complicated emotions. He had to admit that the man before him was indeed stronger than him.

The edges of Lou Jun Yao's lips were slightly raised. "Isn't it already obvious?" Though those lips showed a hint of a smile, there was no mirth in those violet eyes. "You should know that you are not worthy enough of her and I hope that you will not continue to pester her as I do not exactly have a good temper."

Upon saying that, he did not even give Mu Chi a chance to speak and just turned around to depart.

Mu Chi's face went pale as a sheet and those sparkly eyes that were highly lively suddenly dimmed.

Like he had lost his soul.

From the second story, Qing Yu could see it all clearly. His long sharp brows wrinkled together, Bai Zhi Yan at the side was looking like he had seen a ghost, his eyes unblinking as he stared at Qing Yu.

On the other side, Lou Jun Yao was already slowly making his way up and he then walked right in front of Bai Zhi Yan to block out the penetrating stare he was giving her, to smilingly ask the young lady with an exasperated look on her face: "What, can't bear to see him like that?"

Qing Yu let out a sigh. "When young men in their youth are hurt by affairs of the heart, they often suffer psychological trauma very easily."

[That will really be a sin!]

[But, she seems to have forgotten something rather important here.]

"You..... You know that I am a girl?" Qing Yu raised up an eyebrow, suddenly leaning in close to look questioningly at the man who was seemingly greatly relaxed and indifferent. "When did you find out?"

Lou Jun Yao looked at that face that suddenly came so close to him and was taken aback a moment, before he very discreetly put some distance between them. "That time, when you were hurt."

"When I was hurt....." Qing Yu parroted as she muttered to herself, and the look in her eyes then suddenly changed. "So my clothes....."

"Don't let your thoughts go wild. Yue Ji was the one who changed your clothes for you. I will not go so low as to take advantage of you in your perilous state then." Lou Jun Yao could immediately tell what she was thinking just by looking at the expression on her face. It seemed that the little wild kitten cares about that quite a lot.

"You wouldn't dare anyway." Qing Yu snorted derisively, and then picked up her teacup to take a sip from it. "Committing a blasphemy against your benefactor will cause you to be struck by lightning."

Hearing that, Lou Jun Yao laughed softly and his violet eyes shone with a unusual sparkle, so beautiful one could not take their eyes off them.

"Will the two of you just hold it right there?" In that interval where neither of them spoke, Bai Zhi Yan finally had a chance to stick a word in, his enchanting peach blossom like eyes showing utter shock, and nothing else but shock.

"You are..... Young Master Qing? ?!" Bai Zhi Yan's eyes immediately surveyed Qing Yu's face time and time again. "You..... You really are a girl?"

"Isn't it already obvious enough?" Qing Yu's face was filled with contempt.

Lou Jun Yao's eyes flashed, his thin lips unconsciously tinged with a faint smile. [Those words..... Didn't he just say them?]

Having gotten his answer, Bai Zhi Yan did not say another word, his mood clearly taking a dive in that instant.

"What's wrong?" [Why has he suddenly become like this?] Qing Yu was puzzled as she turned to look questioningly at Lou Jun Yao.

Lou Jun Yao knew exactly why Bai Jun Yan was acting like this and he continued to tease with a smile. "He has always admired your skills and knowledge in Medicine and thought that you are a youth that's more gifted than him as the greatest prodigy of the Divine Healers Sect. Now that he discovered that you are a girl, his heart is finding it a little hard to accept that's all."

"Is that all?" Qing Yu blinked her eyes in incomprehension. "Is it all that important whether it's male or female? Healers are not differentiated by one's gender!"

"That is true." Bai Zhi Yan's gaze was still gloomy. "But there isn't a single Pill Refiner throughout the entire lands that is of your level is there?"

Chapter 35: He..... Is Waiting For A Person

If that bunch of old fogeys back at home were to come to know, they would surely be dealt with such a big blow that they would all immediately go meet their maker one after another.

Even Bai Zhi Yan was feeling like he was going to vomit blood here.

Qing Yu really wanted to laugh as she looked at that highly aggrieved face of his. "You are very highly skilled yourself, but what Medicine encompasses is really very wide, and the way we cultivate is not the same as well. If you need to, we can exchange knowledge and insights with each other."

"You will?" Bai Zhi Yan looked at her suspiciously.

[Every Elixir Cultivator has their own unique way of raising their own cultivation and they do not reveal it to any outsiders. But she is now suggesting to exchange insights with him?]

"Of course. Healers are meant to save people from death and treat the injured, but they cannot only focus on being too kind alone as that will just be too foolish. Since ancient times, the study of medicine and poison can never be separated. Knowledge in poison are just as important and it can also protect you when in time of need."

Bai Zhi Yan shrugged his shoulders helplessly. "You are not aware that all of us in the Divine Healers Sect are not allowed to cultivate skills poison and only evil witch doctors will cultivate them. But ever since the last time our sect suffered a sneak attack from a witch doctor that resulted in many of us dead and wounded, the Sect Leader then rescinded the prohibition order against the cultivation of poison techniques. But as we did not understand much about it, we are still rather weak in the field of poison."

Qing Yu listened to him attentively and only nodded in understanding after he finished. "No wonder you did not know that your Lord had a voodoo curse set upon him and it was not poison."

Bai Zhi Yan's face filled with remorse.

"But you cannot be blamed, as such a condition is very seldom seen." Qing Yu saw how depressed he looked and quickly opened her mouth to say comfortingly. "You have already done very well."

Lou Jun Yao was seated on the side, looking at the two of them discussing a series of questions about Medicine.

The young lady's face was serious, and when she was talking about a particular topic, her spirits were absolutely soaring, her eyes sparkling, looking extraordinarily mesmerizing and enchanting. Bai Zhi Yan was like an obedient student, listening attentively.

Lou Jun Yao's gaze then unconsciously softened.

No matter whether it was in Cloud Heaven or in the several lands he had been roaming about in these past years, he had always felt like something was still missing.

But just what was he missing? Even he did not know it himself, but just felt rather empty.

And it was just moments ago when he had stood by the window and was talking to Bai Zhi Yan when that figure suddenly came charging into his sight.

That was when it had seemed to dawn upon him.

From the last time that she had dispelled the Blood Curse for him, it had felt like a very long time since he had seen her.

Before that, she would still occasionally come leaping over the perimeter walls suddenly, to check his condition. But after that, she had not come again.

Maybe it was really like the way she had said. It was merely to repay the favour she owed.

Initially after his suppressed cultivation had been freed, the limitations in these low leveled lands had been troublesome for him, as he would always be ostracized. So he could do nothing but to forcibly suppress his cultivation down once again.

He has recovered, and he should have immediately returned back to Cloud Heaven, as his people were all waiting for his return. But he did not leave.

What that kind of frustrated and lost feeling was, he did not know, but it made him extremely uncomfortable.

It was until he saw that young lady, that he finally seemed to comprehend something.

So it was all because of her.

It was not known why. Seeing her had suddenly made his heart feel a lot more comfortable.

Of course Qing Yu had not noticed it. She had a rather lengthy discussion with Bai Zhi Yan and a certain man was watching her for just as long a period of time.

"In future, should I then change a form of address and call you Young Miss Qing?" Bai Zhi Yan had grown more familiar with her and he was becoming more natural and comfortable talking to her as he asked in jest.

Qing Yu rolled her eyes at him. "Don't make fun of me already like you're some bookish prude. An evildoer like you going Young Master this and Young Miss that all the time, wouldn't it look strange?"

Being called an evildoer, Bai Zhi Yan was strangely embarrassed.

"We're already friends. Just call me Qing Yu."

Bai Zhi Yan liked that generous and unpretentious personality of hers and said with a laugh: "Then I will just call you Qing Yu."

"Mm." The corners of Qing Yu's lips curled up, her smile spreading into her eyes. Suddenly seeming to have thought of something, she took out a little box and put it on the table. "This is a gift for the two of you. The green one is an antitoxin elixir, which will make you immune to a hundred kinds of poison for six hours after taking it. The red one is a antidote pill, able to dispel most poisons. Right at the bottom in the hidden compartment is the poison gas ball. Once it explodes, it can kill all living things within a hundred mile perimeter. Use this one with care!"

She explained with a slight pause between each word, which caused Bai Zhi Yan to be stunned into a daze. "You mean....."

"Aren't the two of you leaving this place soon? Keep it to protect yourself. The time will surely come that you will find a use for them." Qing Yu said smilingly. "Once you encounter an enemy or something, do not waste time. Just treat them to a poison gas ball and it is guaranteed that they will die a horrendous death, the kind where they will not die with their bodies intact."

"How do you know that we are leaving?" The low voice that came out this time, was from Lou Jun Yao.

Qing Yu looked at him with a smile. "When I came in here, I sensed that there was a lot less people."

"You are very sharp." Bai Zhi Yan nodded admiringly. "But..... why would you want to help us so much?"

It was merely just for a ball of Polar Fire Core but not only had she cured the Lord of the condition that had tormented him for so many years, she had even gotten heavily injured while dispelling the curse.

Now she was even giving them so many precious pills and elixirs.

Such thoughtfulness, was truly a little hard to comprehend.

Qing Yu saw the grave expression on his face and felt a little speechless but still went on to say: "Is there a need for that kind of an expression? It is always said that escort the Buddha all the way to the west. If you guys get yourselves poisoned by enemies when you go back, or lose your lives from a surprise attack, then wouldn't I, as the person who spent so much effort that I almost gave half my life away to save you have done all that in vain?"

Is that the reason for all this.....

Bai Zhi Yan just didn't know whether to laugh or to cry. Her reasoning was really irrefutable!

But, it was really warming to one's heart.

Bai Zhi Yan's memories were paused back at the time when this young lady had forcibly barged her way into the Blue Fire Icy Lake and sneaked off with the Polar Fire Core, proclaiming that she would repay the favour back in folds.

Now, she had indeed paid them back, in double!

After Qing Yu explained the uses of the pills, she did not remain there for long before she stood up to take her leave.

The petite little figure went down the stairs slowly. This should be the first time that she was going out of the Gathered Cloud Loft through the front door.

Lou Jun Yao's gaze saw her the entire way out, till she disappeared from sight.

"Jun Yao?" Bai Zhi Yan looked at him in puzzlement, a strange feeling in his heart, although he was unable to exactly say what that feeling was.

Lou Jun Yao retracted his gaze. "Get our things prepared. We return tomorrow."

Once those words came out, it made Bai Zhi Yan's eyes grow wide with shock. "What is going on with you? I have brought it up so many times with you before and said everything I could, but you had refused to give me a firm answer no matter what and just refused to leave. Today, you've..... suddenly changed?"

The latter gave him a deep and profound gaze before he just stood up and went into his room.

Bai Zhi Yan stared at the man's tall back, the look in his eyes changing with myriad emotions as a fightful thought came into his mind.

[The man had been standing by the window earlier, where the shade on his face had suddenly changed before immediately making his way out there.]

[When he himself had been watching the fracas earlier the man had even thrown him a threatening glance.]

[When the man saw that the young lady was being confessed to, his expression had been dark and grim.]

[And what had those two been talking about after that?]

[Whether he changed her clothes.....!?]

[My Heavens!] Bai Zhi Yan's emotions were beyond being merely complicated right at that moment. [What has happened between those two that he did not know anything about!?]

"Little Ning, I'm here!" A happy and jovial voice sounded out from afar.

Yan Ning Luo was changing and hearing that voice, she secured her belt and went to open her room's door. "Why are you here?"

Yu Xiao Ning walked inside with a smile on her face and leaned in close to say in a soft voice: "The Duchess came to see me a few days ago saying that you have been in a rather bad mood recently and told me to have ourselves some fun!"

"Hmph! Mother is really so meddlesome." Yan Ning Lou was indignant when speaking about that. "I really don't know what has possessed her that she would actually want me to go try to win Yuanyuan Che's favour! It's just hilarious!"

Yu Xiao Ning blinked. "But what the Duchess said isn't wrong you know? You and Big Brother Crown Prince are afterall an engaged couple and the Water Edge Kingdom will be arriving here in a few days tops. If people from another kingdom are to see that the Crown Prince and his fiancee shares such a toxic relationship, it will surely make our kingdom look like a joke."

Hearing that, Yan Ning Luo knitted up her brows. She had not..... considered that aspect.

"This concerns the Green Wave Kingdom's face Little Ning. Can't you suffer a little aggrievement and just warm up your relationship with him for the time being?"

Yan Ning Luo's anger subsided after hearing what Yu Xiao Ning said. What Yu Xiao Ning said was rather logical. The matter concerned how the kingdom would look to outsiders and she really could not possibly not show Xuanyuan Che, the Crown Prince of the kingdom some face.

"Only you are able to be so glib. My Mother must have really wrecked her brains to have asked you to come play lobbyist." Yan Ning Luo glared at her friend, but the admonishment was delivered with a laugh.

Yu Xiao Ning stuck out her tongue mischievously. "Aiyah, I just knew that our kingdom's greatest beauty is most understanding."

"Let's go!" Yan Ning Luo then said.

Yu Xiao Ning was taken aback a moment, and then revealed a smile. "Sure, let's go, let's go! The horse carriage is already waiting outside the door!"

The two of them went out holding hands, both of them similar in size, with graceful and lithe figures, one extraordinarily beautiful, the other quick witted and pretty.

These two pride of the Capital City seldom showed up together as one was often in the Faint Mist Sect while the other was always so busy running all the numerous businesses, big and small, under her. It was only just this year that she was able to afford a little bit more time for the two of them to gather together.

"Heh heh, we've really been kept eagerly waiting here but only our Ning Ning is capable enough to do it. It isn't an easy task to get our greatest beauty to agree to come out!"

Accompanying that flippant mirthful male voice, a tall man immediately came jumping out from the horse carriage.

"Yu Jing Zhuo?" Yan Ning Luo arched up an eyebrow. "What are you doing here?"

Upon saying that, her gaze subconsciously turned to look inside the horse carriage, her innate instinct against a particular person telling her that someone else was in there without needing anyone to tell her.

"Yu Xiao Ning." Yan Ning Luo's beautiful eyes half narrowed, her voice sinister sounding.

Yu Xiao Ning felt a quiver run through her and displayed her pearly whites prominently, putting on an impossibly earnest smile. "Little Ning, didn't you agree to it just now? That you will improve the relationship? Our kingdom's face is at stake here you know?"

Yan Ning Luo did not say a word, but just continued to look at her expressionlessly.

Yu Xiao Ning gritted her teeth together and she pinched her herself hard. The next second, those witty eyes of hers were brimmingly wet, her hands and fingers pressed together as if in pitiful prayer. "My good Little Ning, I made a bet with my Third Brother that if I am unable to convince you to come, he can then throw such an adorable little me into the Lily Garden to do all kinds of menial tasks. Can you really bear to do that? Boo hoo....."

The Lily Garden is a little gigolo brothel Yu Jing Zhuo opened, which was actually a hidden organization that secretly gathered intelligence as many of the high ranking officials and nobles in the Green Wave Kingdom had quite an acquired taste for that kind of a flavour.

Yan Ning Luo looked at how pitiful she was looking and she was feeling both infuriated and amused at the same time. "How childish are the two of you that you can make such a bet with him?"

"So are you coming with us or not? The weather is just great today and it will be really nice just stepping on some greens right?"

Chapter 36: Absolute and Instantaneous Kill

"Tsk, can I still choose to not go? Yu Xiao Ning, it's really a mystery how I came to become friends with you." Yan Ning Luo swept her gaze over her, and then went on to completely disregard her presence, before climbing into the horse carriage.

Yu Xiao Ning was taken aback, before she slyly shot her Third Brother a smug look, her eyes saying: [How? Do you concede?]

Yu Jing Zhuo shrugged his shoulders helplessly. [Fine. Losers weepers. I'll give you that map of the Mountains of Heaven and Earth when we get back.

The two of them exchanged a series of meaningful glances with each other before they then climbed into the horse carriage one after another.

Inside the carriage, Xuanyuan Che and Yan Ning Luo were seated on one side each, neither of them saying a word, a rare moment of quiet and tranquillity between those two.

Yu Jing Zhuo and Yu Xiao Ning looked at each other and they saw surprise in the other person's eyes. [When those two are not trading barbs with their tongues, they are actually rather compatible!]

The New Moon Lake was situated in the central region of the Green Wave Kingdom, a newer and slightly more well known place of interest to travel to, where the water presented itself to be faintly blue with many colourful fishes swimming within, a breathtaking sight.

Many picturesque pleasure boats and other vessels dotted over the lake's surface, pairs of lovebirds and passing merchants, all kinds of people.

When their reached their destination, Yu Jing Zhuo came down from the carriage first, to hold the curtain up to allow the two young ladies to get off.

Yan Ning Luo did not often show herself in public but in the Green Wave Kingdom, there were few people who did not know her.

Hence at the moment she stepped off the carriage, a series of collective gasps immediately sounded all around them. "It's Princess Ning Feng!"

"Ahhh..... ahhh..... it's really her!!"

"Heavens, she's really so beautiful. I did not think that it will be exactly like what the rumours say. She's just like a goddess!"

"She's the greatest beauty of all indeed. Hearing it a hundred times cannot compare to seeing it with your own eyes. That elegant air and grace is absolutely unmatched."

"And also the Left Prime Minister's daughter, Yu Xiao Ning!"

"Yu Xiao Ning is the Green Wave Kingdom's most talented woman, and I had not thought that she would also possess such outstanding looks as well!"

"She's so adorable, and so very pretty. The Capital City's two great beauties have actually come out together today!"

"It is a great day today indeed!"

"The Crown Prince has come here as well?!!"

"My sweet Heavens! The New Moon Lake is receiving so many great big entities today!"

..........

Yu Jing Zhuo was always gallivanting around outside and everyone knew who he was, so he played just an accessory role here this time, without much people paying all that much attention.

He also had his own private pleasure boat here and he had already arranged for people to have it ready by the shore. When they saw him coming, they immediately came forward in greeting.

"Young Master, everything is ready. This way please." The man gestured respectfully in invitation.

Yu Jing Zhuo walked up front to take the lead as he climbed into the boat, with Xuanyuan Che following right behind. Yu Xiao Ning and Yan Ning Luo were last to board.

The pleasure boat then slowed moved out.

On the boat, there was everything from fine wine to delicious food, entertainers playing zithers on one side, their long slender fingers picking out melodious tunes from their instruments.

"Let's all have a seat!" Yu Jing Zhuo was the host, and he began to show hospitality to his guests, attending to their needs.

It was Yu Xiao Ning's first time here and when she saw the luxurious fittings on the pleasure boat with its exquisite wine cups and jade ornaments, she could not help but to shake her head and say while clicking her tongue: "Third Brother, this pleasure boat of yours is not just commonly luxurious. I don't think you can achieve such ostentatiousness without a few million taels at least!"

"Haha. Ning Ning really knows her stuff. You can tell with just one glance! Unlike some other people, who were actually suspecting that these things are counterfeit." Yu Jing Zhuo said with an easy laugh.

"Tsk..... Did you think I was praising you? Can anyone else be as big a spendthrift as you? If you did not have that little gigolo brothel sustaining your expenditure, you will be thrown out of the house to sleep on the streets sooner or later!" Yu Xiao Ning spat disdainfully, dispensing with all courtesy.

The latter then glared angrily with his eyes widened. "You impudent lass, is this any way to talk to your Elder Brother? No respect at all. If I end up spending all my money, I will then stick myself onto you!"

"Which family's elder brother could possibly be this thick skinned and shameless?" Yu Xiao Ning pouted, not wanting to bother about him.

"Did we come out today just to hear the two of you squabble?" Yan Ning Luo was getting impatient from hearing their quarrel, and she opened her mouth to interrupt icily.

The two siblings immediately clamped their mouths shut, but they immediately discovered something strange in the very next second.

The Crown Prince and Yan Ning Luo today..... They had really gotten along so peacefully for such a long period? From the time that they had come down from the horse carriage till now, at least an hour must have passed. Those two there, were being rather unusual today.

"Erm.... In another few days, the Water Edge Kingdom's emissaries will be arriving, and it has already been confirmed that the Duke of Vast Seas will be coming." Yu Jing Zhuo cleared his throat before he said, to dispel the awkward atmosphere a little. "I would think that they are not coming here with friendly intentions!"

"Ha! When was he ever capable of friendly intentions? That devil. He only came here once seven years ago and he destroyed half of this lady's assets." Yu Xiao Ning complained as she picked up a fresh red fruit, and sinking her teeth into it vehemently to vent her frustration.

Xuanyuan Che glanced at her and then slowly opened his mouth to say: "The Duke of Vast Seas was already deep and unfathomable seven years ago. With these seven years that have passed, it is not known what kind of a realm he could have reached. But what is certain is that upon this lands, I do not think that anyone is his match."

"Sigh. I wonder. How many generations worth of fortitude the Water Edge must have kept for the Heavens to bless them with such an extraordinary figure to descend upon their lands." Yu Jing Zhuo lamented with a sigh.

Hearing them all discussing about the Duke of Vast Seas, Yan Ning Luo furrowed up her brows. "Is that person..... really that powerful?"

Xuanyuan Che had always been proud and aloof, and if even he was saying that, that person must really be very strong indeed.

When the others heard her ask that, they were all immediately taken aback before remembering back in those years, Yan Ning Luo had been in seclusion within the Faint Mist Sect, engaged in closed door cultivation with their Sect Leader, and was not aware of anything that happened in the outside world at that time.

Yu Jing Zhuo was just about to speak when the deck of the pleasure boat suddenly lurched violently, and the group of people almost tumbled out of the boat. Fortunately they were all people of cultivation and they quickly steadied themselves.

"What happened?" Yu Jing Zhuo roared loudly towards the outside in displeasure.

But even after several moments had passed, no one answered him. Yu Jing Zhuo's brows creased together and he stood up to walk outside, but was then met with the sight of the two attendants from before fallen to the deck, blood trickling out from the corners of their mouths, the shade of their faces an ugly colour.

He crouched down and checked the pulse one of the men at his neck. He was killed by a powerful force that snapped his meridians.

And at that moment, the lake's surface had erupted into a chaotic mess. It was clear that not only their boat had people wounded or killed.

"Third Brother, what is happening outside?" Seeing that there was no response from him for so long, Yu Xiao Ning voiced out to ask.

"Ning Ning, all of you are not to come out!" Yu Jing Zhuo rushed inside to say.

His gaze then quickly scanned across the surface of the vast lake in search, to quickly discover that there seemed to be a commotion upon the largest pleasure boat on the lake, and the upheaval seemed to be rather violent.

Thereafter, a black shadow then came flying out from that boat to crash into the lake's surface, the blue water that sprayed up with that splash dyed the colour of blood.

"Hmph! Overconfident fool." A figure in light blue suddenly appeared in his sight, the head of smooth black hair draped over the back, with wisps of blue strands hidden within, just faintly visible.

Yu Jing Zhuo narrowed his eyes. That young lady did not look to be from the Green Wave Kingdom!

On the opposite bank, several more black shadowy figures suddenly appeared, treading over the water's surface as they approaching the boat, the tips of their toes just lightly touching the water, but were able to stand steadily on top without sinking.

Yu Jing Zhuo's eyes widened as he stared. Every single one of those people seemed hold cultivation levels above his, like they were all well trained members from a organization of assassins.

"These people are Heavenly grade assassins from the Carefree Valley." It was not known from when Xuanyuan Che had come out from inside, and then went on to say in a deep voice as he looked at the people standing upon the lake's surface.

Yu Jing Zhuo's eyes narrowed slightly.

The Carefree Valley was last in rank among the Three Great Sects, but the assassins union among them was a faction the other two sects could never hope to match.

They were segregated into four grades. The Golden Emblem Assassin, the Heavenly Grade Assassin, the Mystical Grade Assassin, and the Yellow Grade Assassin.

Judging by the cultivation of these people, where they were able to stand upon the water's surface and not sink for long periods, it could be seen that they should be some of the top few pugilists among the Heaven Grade Assassins.

But for the Carefree Valley to mobilize such a great number of assassins, who were they seeking to kill?

Weren't they mobilizing too big a force here?

It must be known that whenever they sent out just two assassins, it would already show that the target was no ordinary target. But before their eyes, they could see at least twenty people here.

And the young lady in blue standing out there on that boat, was Yue Xin Yan.

Two days ago, she had already pleaded with Qing Ye Li to bring her here to the Green Wave Kingdom.

Never had she expected that they had just reached, they had immediately met people who were out to spoil the mood.

Yue Xin Yan's face was filled with displeasure. "Who sent you here? To think that you will have the temerity to want to assassinate us, do you know who we are?"

Upon saying that, she did not wait for all those men to reply, but to raise up a finger lightly. Thereafter, the light blue waters of the lake became as if it was led, to rise and surge towards her palm, forming into a great ball of water that glowed faintly with lightning.

In the next second, the young lady's gaze flashed icily, and she detonated the ball of water viciously. An enormous torrential wave rose up from the surface of the lake, a impossibly shocking scene.

All the black robed men hastily retreated, and as they were all well trained assassins, they did not show the slightest bit of panic. They summoned their spirit powers and put up their defenses, the lake's surface immediately lighting up with spirit power glows in myriad colours, making for a breathtakingly beautiful sight.

Yu Jing Zhuo stared in shock, his eyes growing wider, where he and Xuanyuan Che then summoned up their powers to steady their own boat.

"How powerful!"

"The Water Edge Kingdom's Ninth Princess!"

The two of them spoke at the same time.

Similarly seeing the shock in each other's eyes. The people from the Water Edge Kingdom had arrived and not a single person knew about it at all!

Then, within that large pleasure boat, the person who still had not made an appearance would surely be.....

"Xin Yan, come inside." A male voice so cold it seeped into one's bones sounded with a powerful oppressive aura, that struck violently at every one of those men's hearts.

The black robed assassins who had still been standing strong were immediately struck till they all vomited out a mouthful of blood by that oppressive aura.

Yue Xin Yan pouted her lips when she heard that, but retracted her attack and went walking inside the pleasure boat unhappily. "Big Brother Ye Li, why won't you let me fight them!?"

"It will dirty your hands." Qing Ye Li said indifferently, his dark green eyes sinister and chilly. Permeating through the walls of the pleasure boat, an invisible force of power lashed out.

Originating from the largest pleasure boat in the centre of the New Moon Lake, the waters of the lake was visibly freezing over with a thick layer of ice, gradually spreading out at a very fast speed. The faces of the assassins showed shock and terror and they turned around quickly to fly away. Unfortunately the speed of the ice forming was too fast and it froze the men within it.

The sun's rays shone upon the people inside the ice, which made for an oddly beauty sight. In the next second, it was suddenly like the fleeting bloom of a night cactus, wilting after it shows its beautiful blossom, where the ice cracked and broke, into fist sized ice pieces as they fell.

The frozen lake's surface was restored to its original state in moments, the varied colour fishes chasing each other merrily in the waters, happy as can be.

The lake's water was clear and pristine, like nothing had ever happened before.

Yu Jing Zhuo and Xuanyuan Che was so stunned by the scene that they were not able to even say a word for a long while.

That person had not even shown himself and he had already unleashed such a formidable strike. Just what kind of a terrifying level has he reached?

Inside the pleasure boat, Yan Ning Luo's eyes were lowered, her fists tightly clenched up. "It's him....."

Chapter 37: Afterlife Loft

That person's voice was one that she remembered.

No matter how much time passed, she would never forget this voice.

Yan Ning Luo stood up all of a sudden, and walked outside under Yu Xiao Ning's completely stunned gaze.

Outside, Yu Jing Zhuo and Xuanyuan Che were looking at each other in dismay, looking like they did not dare to believe their own eyes.

"Where is he!?" Yan Ning Luo's face actually sounded a little flustered.

"Who?" Yu Jing Zhuo's face was one of bewilderment.

"The person who just spoke!" Yan Ning Luo's voice suddenly turned shrill. "That man who released that oppressive aura! Where is he?"

Yu Jing Zhuo then managed to recover his senses and answered: "They disappeared all of a sudden, together with that enormous pleasure boat! They must have employed some special technique to move themselves."

Yan Ning Luo's gaze then dimmed in that instant.

[That person is gone again? Will she never see him again?]

[The man she had kept on her mind for eight long years.]

Xuanyuan Che had naturally noticed the highly agitated emotions she had just shown, and she had then suddenly turned depressed right after. He then opened his mouth to say: "You hold strong interest towards the Duke of Vast Seas?"

"What about the Duke of Vast Seas?" Yan Ning Luo furrowed up her brows. "What does this have to do with the Duke of Vast Seas?"

Xuanyuan Che then laughed. "That depressed look you are showing. The man inside that pleasure boat earlier is the Duke of Vast Seas. He has come to the Green Wave Kingdom ahead of time but he did not reveal himself. But we did see the Ninth Princess."

"What?" Yan Ning Luo stared with her eyes wide in shock.

[He..... is actually the legendary Duke of Vast Seas?]

"Hey, didja hear? Something momentous happened at the New Moon Lake yesterday!"

"What happened?"

"Quite a number of people went to the lake for leisure yesterday, and they suddenly saw a great number of black robed assassins appear, all of them with highly profound cultivation. A good number of people were hurt."

"Such a thing really happened? What could possibly draw so many assassins there?"

"I heard that they were there to kill one man, but he was just too powerful. Without even showing his face, he completely decimated all those highly skilled assassins with just one move!"

"You just can't imagine just how grand that scene was. The vast New Moon Lake froze over entirely and those assassins were turned into human popsicles. After the ice broke and crumbled, there wasn't even pulp left of those killers. It was so pitiful."

"One can actually possess such terrifying power? I do not think that anyone across these lands could possibly hold such Heaven defying power at all!"

"Could it possibly be someone from foreign lands?"

Over a leisurely cup of tea after their meal, many people sat together to discuss about the incident that occured at the New Moon Lake.

..........

The spirit sap that he herb beds needs had run out, and Qing Yu had just come out to purchase some when she overheard the strange incident people were chattering about.

Her brows unconsciously raised up upon hearing about such an interesting incident. A pity she had not been there, or she would have been able to witness a good bout between highly skilled pugilists.

But, that person who just went ahead to freeze the entire lake was really brutal and crude though. To kill his enemies in just one stroke, what kind of a sense of satisfaction could one get from that?

If it were her, she might have slowly tortured her opponents. That would then be interesting you know?

"That person's methods..... Why does it feel so familiar....." Her slender fingers cradling her chin, her eyes narrowed as she mumbled softly to herself.

The surface of the New Moon Lake was extremely vast. To want to freeze the entire lake, it was not a feat any ordinary person was capable of accomplishing. According to the lucky survivors who were present, the ice was at least ten feet thick, which would be able to hold up even a hundred people without cracking.

It was also able to freeze instantly and melt instantly, according to that person's will. Unless one had cultivated a secret technique to its pinnacle, otherwise it would be difficult to control it, as the slightest missteps might cause one to suffer backlash.

Of course she was not about to believe that anyone would readily face the risk of backlash just to show off before people, that created such a big commotion.

Unless that person was already a terrifyingly powerful entity.

Qing Yu furrowed her brows to think about it for awhile and finally shook her head in the end. "I should just forget about it all. I am thinking too much into it."

From the time she came to this other world, together with the years that she wandered and roamed around as a spirit body, even she could not remember how long it had been. Not to mention after she entered this young lady's body, another six years had passed.

As for that fella, even if he was not yet dead, it was thought that he would be incredibly old already.

Thinking that that person might now have a full white beard, his face old and haggard, Qing Yu could not help but laugh aloud.

She had changed into another disguise when she came out this time. Where she had merely slightly altered her looks before, her countenance had still been much too attractive and even when she dressed herself up as a male, she still drew countless gazes onto herself.

This time, she went ahead to darken her complexion and thickened her eyebrows greatly, making herself look a lot more handsome looking but less eye catching, which would attract a little less attention.

After making her purchases, she immediately left. Her gaze drifted over to glance at the Gathered Cloud Loft a moment and saw that its doors were tightly shut, the building already emptied out. Upon the steps in front, an old man in grey sat, hugging his arms in front of him as he dozed, his mouth seemingly muttering something intermittently.

Qing Yu raised an eyebrow quizzically and then paid him no mind before turning around to walk away.

Behind her, it was not known when the grey robed old man had opened his eyes, though they did not show the slightest bit of grogginess despite having just woken up, staring straight at that petite back, and a sharp glint flashed in those eyes.

..........

The New Moon Lake was a famous place of interest for leisure.

And because of that, the place also had a most regal and luxurious inn there, called the "Afterlife Loft".

But do not be taken aback by the name of the inn. The reason the place was named the Afterlife Loft was because of a kind of wine they had at this place.

The name of that wine was called "Afterlife's Water".

Though it's called water, it was in fact wine. But it was not the same as regular wine, as it did not feel like it would pack the same kind of strong and dominating wallop in the beginning. When it first entered the mouth, it was as tasteless and bland as water, but once you drank a few cups, before one could react, its powerful kick would strike, which would be strong enough to even knock out a cow.

Drinking the Afterlife's Water would keep one drunk for three days and three nights, and when one awoke from it, one would feel like one had awoken to a new life, all the past suffering and worries completely and cleanly forgotten.

This was considered to be another one of its amazing attributes but unfortunately the secret recipe was not shared, and you will only be able to find it at the Afterlife Loft.

Countless people have come to this place due to its reputation just to have a taste of this Afterlife's Water.

And this mysterious top inn throughout the lands, was located at the border of the Green Wave Kingdom.

Besides lodging and meals, there were also many other places of interest for entertainment. There's a auction house, a fighting arena, and also the more lighthearted song and dance performances, scholarly pursuits like poetry and paintings, catering to all kinds of indulgences.

Gathered inside the ground floor's main hall, would mainly be people of the pugilist world, common riffraffs, a medley of good and evil people.

The Afterlife Loft had a total of nine levels. The first five levels were open to the public masses, while the further few levels were places that mere money alone would not be able to buy you entry. It was reserved only for people of extraordinary identities, people with powerful entities and backing that would be able to enter.

But regardless which level it was, to want to even stay in there, one would not be able to even step inside without holding at least ten thousand taels of silver. Not only was the Afterlife Loft different from the other inns, all its charges were exorbitantly high. Hence those people who were feeling embarrassed in their pouches would mostly remain only on the ground level, where the charges were lowest, but was most crowded.

To be able to set foot inside the Afterlife Loft, they were all not just ordinary people, and just being in there was a status symbol by itself.

But, because of all kinds of minor and petty things, fights often broke out between its patrons on a daily basis.

There was always a death occurring in that place every single day.

Patrons were not allowed to stir up trouble inside the Afterlife Loft or they would be banned from setting foot in that place for life.

But those people who got into a fight would make a date to slug it out in the arena. They were a rash and hot blooded bunch, where they would sign a death indemnity, throwing their lives to the wind. In these lands where the mighty reigned supreme, human lives were cheap.

Without power, death awaited.

There were also fugitives on the run who were on the wanted list. They had done everything within their means to gather a large amount of money to come into the Afterlife Loft, just to remain alive.

Because the Afterlife Loft had a rule that people within their premises would be protected. The people in pursuit were helplessly fearful of the Afterlife Loft's power and influence and no one dared to come into the Afterlife Loft to arrest the fugitives, unable to do anything but to keep endless watch to wait for the fugitives to come out on their own.

And inversely, as long as they did not come out from the Afterlife Loft, the fugitives would enjoy the protection upon their lives.

Right at that moment, a horse carriage slowly pulled up in front of its main doors. A sharp eyed waiter immediately went up in welcome, as the attractive youth who drove the coach lifted the horse carriage's curtain, to announce respectfully: "My Lord, Young Miss Nine, we've reached."

A slender and porcelain white hand stretched out from inside the carriage, and right thereafter, a blue figure then stepped out.

Exquisite and peerlessly beautiful facial features, a pair of clear eyes as blue as the colour of the sky that were enchantingly spirited, her head of hip length hair weaved into many tiny braids, wisps of blue locks falling from her temples, that gave the person an exotic charm. Her entire being exuded a regal air, and it was clear from just one glance that she held an extraordinary identity.

Following right behind, was a tall slender framed man.

An ink coloured robe upon his body, and as he came off the carriage, his head of flowy silver locks cascading down made him look indescribably bewitching.

That man was wearing a ghastly wolf shaped mask, revealing only a pair of sinisterly green eyes and that stalwart jawline that was hard as steel.

The moment he stepped off, the irresistible aura emanating from him attracted the attention of almost everyone inside the main hall.

"His hair, why is it that colour?" Someone asked the person beside him in a hushed whisper.

"It's probably because he's from another kingdom. I've heard that there are many people who do not look at all like us in the other kingdoms, people with eyes and hair of an unusual colour."

"I see..... That lady is rather beautiful. But as for that man..... It looks like he's not to be trifled with."

"Hard and icy cold. How could that woman bear to stand there with him?"

"Shh, keep your voice down."

Yue Xin Yan looked at the various gazes surrounding them and her brows creased up together in disgust. [What's this? How dare they gaze upon Big Brother Ye Li like they were looking at a monster! What an impudent bunch!]

Qing Ye Li had long been used to such gazes being thrown his way and with his eyes not wavering in the least, he walked over to the front desk right in the middle, his slender fingers placing a teardrop shaped crystal upon it.

The eyes of the young man behind the desk immediately narrowed and he quickly came walking out to front to say respectfully: "The rooms have already been prepared. It's on the eighth floor, the Water Moon Chamber. Please come with me."

Qing Ye Li acknowledged indifferently and then went walking behind the man to go inside, where Yue Xin Yan and Ah Jin then followed behind.

Till the group could no longer be seen, the main hall then suddenly exploded.

"Oh hell, did I not hear that right? The eighth floor!? What kind of a background is that man from!!?"

"Till now, the most distinguished guest they've had had only stayed up till the sixth floor. But this man has gone straight up to the eighth floor!"

"The hospitality and face being shown to him is greater than that extended to our Green Wave Kingdom's Emperor himself!"

"Judging from the air and demeanor of that man, he must be someone in a very high position! Hey, did any of you manage to get a glimpse of that crystal he pulled out earlier?"

"I saw it. So what?"

Chapter 38: This is the Person In Your Heart?

"That isn't just any regular crystal stone. That is the full grade ferocious beast, Hurricane Condor's Core Crystal!"

'Gasp!' "Is that true? The Hurricane Condor is a full grade ferocious beast! Many a number of powerful pugilists have given up their lives under its talons, and you say that was its Core Crystal!?"

"Why would I lie to you for? I specialize in collecting these beast type Crystal Cores and I immediately recognized it the moment I laid my eyes on it."

"That is just absolutely Heaven defying!"

"Really wonder who he is. If not for the fact that looks so terrifying, I would have really liked to go up to him and make his acquaintance. To have a friend like that, it'll be a proud thing just telling people about it."

"You? Hahaha. Just forget it. A nobody like you wants to befriend that powerful entity? Stop pulling my leg."

"That's so true. Hahahaha....." The main hall exploded into a bout of raucous laughter, the atmosphere becoming exceptionally boisterous.

On the eighth floor, there were two independant courtyards. One was the Water Moon Chambers, the other, Fragrance Dome Abode.

These two little courtyards were large, with three or four rooms each inside.

The young man leading them brought the guests in and turned around to bow at the waist as he said: "The Water Moon Chambers will have everything you'll need inside and we've prepared it all for you. If there is anything else you need, you will only need to infuse your spirit power into this and I will be here to assist shortly." The young man said and handed a red jade token to Qing Ye Li.

Ah Jin reacted and accepted the jade token as he said: "Thank you. You may carry on with your other duties."

The young man nodded, and then retreated his way out.

"Big Brother Ye Li, why are we here?" It was only at that moment that Yue Xin Yan voiced her doubts out aloud.

Although this was the best inn these lands had to offer, but Qing Ye Li was not the type of person who coveted such leisurely pleasures. When she brought up that question, even Ah Jin who had served them for many years was looking rather puzzled as well.

"They're here." Qing Ye Li sat upon a chair and had his eyes raised to look outside, suddenly making that short statement.

"What?" Yue Xin Li was taken aback.

But in the very next second, she saw several figures walking towards them. The footsteps of white robed man leading the group was extremely strange where his figure was a blur as he moved, appearing right before them in a blink.

"A guest has come from afar. We're late in offering our respect."

The white robed man had his hand clasped over his fist, his eyes tinged with smiles. His pair of charming and expressive eyes seemed to have gathered the stars in the sky, to the extent they could even be said to be amorous and heart stirring.

Yue Xin Yan's blue eyes were wide as she started. In all her years till now, this was the first time she was seeing someone that could carry pure white robes to..... look so charming and dashing.

And, it was even worn upon a man!?

"This little beauty here, why are you looking at me like this?" The man's gaze turned slightly, his gentle calming tone of voice undulating, highly captivating.

A mere moment's of weak mindedness very nearly had Yue Xin Yan hooked as the corners of her mouth twitched slightly. "Wearing those white clothes..... really does no justice to your being...."

A man with feminine looks, bewitching and alluring. Even as a woman, she was feeling inferior.

"That's enough. Stop teasing her already."Qing Ye Li shot the white robed man an expressionless glance, and the man then retracted that teasing look on his face while he went on to the side to find himself a seat. He poured out a cup of tea for himself and then took a sip.

"I heard about the assassination attempt on your life. That bunch of fools are going to get themselves killed sooner or later." The man said with stiffened lips, and then lifted his eyes up to say: "You do not have to take me into account when you strike them. Although I was once one of their members, but I have come out from there and am no longer linked to them. They were courting their own deaths and they cannot blame anyone for that."

"That is not what I wanted to talk about."

"As I thought, I knew that you aren't really that concerned about me."

"Concerned about you?" Qing Ye Li arched up an eyebrow. "Never before."

"......"

Yue Xin Yan looked at the white robed man's highly mournful look and could not help but burst out: "Pffft".

Qing Ye Li completely ignored the man's aggrieved eyes and opened his mouth to say to him: "I want you to help me look into someone."

The man then looked at Qing Ye Li in surprise. "Look into someone? Who could have stepped on your tail? Are you here to seek vengeance? ?"

Qing Ye Li did not respond but just stretched his hand out, a rather unique looking portrait scroll suddenly appearing in his palm, which Qing Ye Li then handed to the man. "Help me look for the person in the painting."

Hearing that, the man took the painting and then slowly unfurled the scroll, his charming and alluring eyes widening. "A woman?!"

With that loud cry, it immediately drew the eyes of Yue Xin Yan and Ah Jin to turn over towards him.

They saw that the woman in the portrait was dressed in white formidable looking attire, wrapped around a curvy slender waist, her long hair bound up high at the top of her head with a hair ribbon, with several strands hanging down over the side at the temples, her arms crossed as she leaned against a tree, her stance languidly indolent.

Her facial features were delicately exquisite, exceptional and outstanding looking. The one thing that was most attractive was that pair of long upslanted eyes that looked highly intelligent and crafty as a fox, the lifted ends of the eyes exceptionally alluring. The edges of her faintly pink lips were slightly curled up, tinged with a faint playful smile.

She seemed to be looking at something focusedly, but was completely unaware that someone else was staring at her so intensively.

The portrait depicted everything to the finest detail, especially that woman, where even her demeanor was so well captured and lifelike. It was clear to see that the artist's skills was exceedingly superb.

Having served Qing Ye Li for such a long time, Ah Jin had naturally known that Qing Ye Li knew how to paint.

However, what he was not aware of was when Qing Ye Li had drawn such a beautiful portrait.

Hence, at this moment, he was greatly surprised.

What shocked Yue Xin Yan why, Big Brother Ye Li whom she knew was a man who always kept his distance away from all beings of the female species, would paint a portrait of a woman?

And one she could tell with just one glance, that a lot of effort had been put into it.

The fact that she was able to speak to Big Brother Ye Li, and come to become close to him, was only because she had always stuck herself to him since she was very young. Additionally, it was also because of his friendship with her royal brother, that she could come to be so close to him at all.

So, at that moment, she could not help but become very curious. [Who is that person in the painting!] Yue Xin Yan was never a person who could keep her thoughts to herself. As that thought came into her mind, she then asked it out aloud: "Big Brother Ye Li, who is she?"

That was similarly the question Ah Jin and the white robed man had in mind.

Qing Ye Li looked at the person in the painting and his gaze softened quite a bit. "She is someone very important."

Once those words came out, several people were taken aback with shock.

Qing Ye Li turned his eyes away and looked at the white robed man. "She could possibly have altered her looks, but that pair of eyes she has isn't what normal people can possess. Look out for people with such eyes, and she also possesses a unique air about her. If you've seen her once, you will never forget it."

"That magical?" The white robed man pursed up his lips thoughtfully. "I've never seen you like this when you speak. Could she possibly be the lady in your heart? And she's really beautiful looking. Her eyes are even more alluring than mine....."

"Fine. I won't say anything more. How petty. I was only taking a closer look." The white robed man saw Qing Ye Li keeping the portrait, and he could not help but complain.

"I'll leave it to you." Qing Ye Li's voice was low and a little hoarse, his dark green eyes serious, and seemingly tinged with a hint of plea.

The white robed man was startled. It seemed to be the first time he was seeing this man show such a demeanor, that was like a certain kind of emotion called vulnerability, and the white robed man's thin lips curled up slightly. "Alright, I did not say I wouldn't help you. We've been friends for so many years, and it's just to locate a person."

"Thanks." Qing Ye Li nodded.

"Alright then. You all must be tired travelling all the way here and I should not disturb you any longer. Get some good rest!" The white robed man said with a smile, and then stood up. With the same strange skill he showed when he appeared earlier, the ten steps' distance to the door seemed to only require a single step from him to traverse, before he disappeared in a blink, together with all the others with him.

"That person is so powerful." Ah Jin said in awe.

"Big Brother Ye Li, was that a friend of yours?" Yue Xin Yan just remembered that he had immediately mentioned about the assassination attempt the moment he came in. "How is he related to those assassins?"

Qing Ye Li looked at her a moment and then slowly said: He is the godson of the Carefree Valley's Valley Chief, but he distanced himself from the place when he left a few years ago. This Afterlife Loft is opened by him."

Yue Xin Yan blinked her eyes in amazement. "Wow, that's amazing. He is the owner of the place?"

"Mm. His real identity is that he's the Young Lord of one of the Four Great Family Clans in the White Fen Lands. Although he has acknowledged his roots and ancestors to a faction, his uninhibited personality personality still has him running between two separate different lands."

"His background is indeed rather illustrious!" Yue Xin Yan nodded her head, only half comprehending what has been said, but what she was more curious about was.....

The deep blue eyes swiveled. "Big Brother Ye Li, is that Big Sister really the woman of your heart? Why haven't I heard you mention her before?"

The light in Qing Ye Li's eyes then dimmed. "She died."

Yue Xin Yan's eyes widened, like she had not expected to receive such a response, and she bit her lip to say guiltily: "I'm sorry. I didn't know....."

"She died before, but she is still alive in this world."

Yue Xin Yan did not know how to react for a moment and then suddenly recalled. Her royal brother had told her that Big Brother Ye Li was a man from another world, who descended upon these lands twenty years ago.

Then that means the woman would definitely be his lover from the previous he came from!

With that thought in mind, she could not help but become even more curious. To be able to move Big Brother Ye Li's heart, who was a man that was so cold but frightfully powerful, that woman must be highly amazing as well!

............

Cloud Heaven was not all that peaceful recently.

Throughout the ages, regardless whether it was in the high level or the low level lands, bloodshed, slaughter, and the seizure of territories was law that remained unchanged.

But it was just that the scuffles and scrimmages in the lower level lands were more brutal and cruel in Cloud Heaven.

The Dark Legion had been relentlessly persecuted by the various powers for close to the past hundred years and their situation had grown to be highly precarious. Especially for the Hunter's Guild, they were like demons after their lives, sinking their teeth relentlessly into the people of the Dark Legion. The moment they found any sign of the Dark Legion's people, they would rather kill a thousand innocents than to let one go.

The reason for that merciless pursuit and persecution, was because the top man of the Hunter's Guild was once from the Dark Legion who did not manage to win the favour of the Dark Lord, and was even once ridiculed and scorned by him.

That caused his high ego to be severely humiliated and he deserted the Dark Legion and set up the Hunter's Guild, vowing to stand against the Dark Legion his entire life.

Though the face of the accused who came to hear about that had no recollection of it at all. [Have I really ridiculed and poured scorn on anybody before?]

The mass of people around him could only look up into the sky in speechlessness. [My Lord, not only have you done that, it was definitely more than once you know?]

[What makes it even more infuriating is that you have clearly done it before and you are acting like you're completely innocent and have forgotten cleanly about it!]

Back then, Luo Jun Yao was not so restrained and low profile. He was the Dark Lord that was the epitome of arrogance and tyranny, and the one thing that everyone knew him for was, not only was he unbelievably arrogant, he had an extremely venomous tongue, where a light and casual statement from him could humiliate someone so much they wished they would just die on the spot.

Using Bai Zhi Yan's words, it would be: "If the day comes when the various powers collide, the Dark Legion would not need a single soldier or footman, but with just the Dark Lord's tongue alone, they would be invincible!"

Chapter 39: A Valiant Woman

Ever since he was "poisoned", it had been many years since Lou Jun Yao had come back to these lands, causing many people to think that the Lord of the Dark Legion had fallen into decline. However, the moment he returned, he came back so explosively it rocked the entire Cloud Heaven.

The disciples of the Dark Legion that had scattered and dispersed to various corners of Cloud Heaven had immediately felt the summon in their souls the moment their king returned, with every single one of them surging in a beeline towards the call.

It was a magnificent and grand sight.

Having barely scraped and cowered through, and living out such a miserable existence, their patience was finally being rewarded. Their peerlessly powerful king had come back and no one would dare bully them again!

Any members of the Hunter's Guild they encountered along the way were all cut down and slaughtered without exception.

It was as if the people of the Dark Legion had suddenly been boosted by having taken some kind of divine elixir, their cultivation increased more than a little, that had the members of the Hunter's Guild frightened into fleeing from them. Several of the Hunter's Guild's established bases were quickly overrun, where their members crawled and scraped their way out from their lairs in escape.

[Damn it! Those people from the Dark Legion have absolutely gone berserk!]

With all the earth shattering changes happening everywhere outside, the Dark Legion's main headquarters was unbelievably peaceful. Besides the unrestrainable excitement all the dark robed men were feeling, everything else could be considered to be rather harmonious.

"Darn it! Why hasn't it woken up!?" Mei Ji's enchanting face did not show her usual teasing smile, but had an expression of pain and rage. "That damned Hunter's Guild, this woman here will definitely trash up your nest one day!"

A tall man was lying on the bed, his face outstandingly good looking, but his eyes were tightly shut, his lips a pale white, looking rather lifeless.

Having never seen him looking so weak and frail, Mei Ji was so filled with rage she was about to turn around and leave.

"Hey, where are you going?" Bai Zhi Yan was quick enough to stop her. "Haven't I already told you? His body is rather unique, and his recovery will be a little slow. Moreover, his immunity against poison is rather weak, and he was given so many kinds of strange and unknown poisons....."

"That damned stinking coward!" Mei Ji smashed a fist into the wall, leaving a deep hole in it.

Bai Zhi Yan gulped, shocked by the sudden ferocious action of Mei Ji.

[When will this violent woman learn to be a little more gentle?]

[What a waste of such a great looking woman on the outside.....]

The stinking coward she was referring to was the boss of the Hunter's Guild himself, Zhuge Xiong.

That man was also highly skilled in the art of healing but he was more adept in poison. He had not been favoured in the Dark Legion before because he was a man eager to claim credit, selfish and mercenary, and had a venomous heart.

If someone were to offend him, he would inflict the most torturous poison upon that person, till that person would plead for death only to be denied, and suffer all kinds of heinous torment before he would die.

Even men from within the Dark Legion had not been spared from his insidious plots.

Hence, no one was willing to have any dealings with him, as they didn't know when the day would come that they would find themselves to have fallen under his strange and eccentric poisons, not even knowing what had killed them.

He could even be completely absolved of all responsibility with the ice and fire Ying Yang grub in Lou Jun Yao's body.

There were definitely very deep seated grievances between Zhuge Xiong and the people of the Dark Legion.

But at present.....

Bai Zhi Yan patted Mei Ji reassuringly on her shoulder and said: "Rest assured. Little Monster has always been such a Heaven defying being. He will surely be fine this time."

Mei Ji glared at him fiercely. "You quack healer! Don't make excuses for your lack in skill! Didn't the Lord also fall under that stinking coward's sneaky plot as well? And what is the result?"

Bai Zhi Yan was a little embarrassed and he went on to cough a few times awkwardly. "I am indeed..... erm, rather lacking in skill. But the Lord has now fully recovered you know? And....."

His voice trailed off. Bai Zhi Yan seemed to suddenly recall something and he pulled out a small exquisite looking box from his sleeve. When he opened it, two beautiful and perfectly rounded pills, one green and the other red, sat within, sparkling with a clear and bright lustre.

"The red one is an antidote, and it can purge all regular poisons."

Bai Zhi Yan picked up the red pill and sniffed it before he said: "But I don't know..... If this can be considered as a regular kind of poison....."

Thereafter, he stuffed the pill into the mouth of the person lying on the bed.

The pill immediately melted in the mouth, making it easy for it to be absorbed.

Mei Ji had not even had the chance to ask him what he had fed Little Monster when she saw the deathly pale pallor on the man's face suddenly turn a little rosy.

Her eyes grew wide as she stared. [Could..... Could..... this be the moment of terminal lucidity, a prelude to his impending death!?]

"Bai Zhi Yan! What have you fed Little Monster with!? You scoundrel! Are you trying to kill him!?" Mei Ji grabbed Bai Zhi Yan's shirt collar in her hand and was going to fight him to the death, her eyes turned hellishly red.

All in all, her mind was filled only with thoughts of the worst things that could have happened.

"Why are you making such a racket?" A soft voice floated over lightly, immediately breaking up the two people who had been about to get into a fight.

Bai Zhi Yan's face was utterly flabbergasted. [It has taken effect so quickly?]

[Zhuge Xiong's skill with poisons was something even he was helpless against, and it had only taken just one antidote pill from that young lady to dispel it!?]

[Can it be any more humiliating than this!?]

On the other hand, Mei Ji's face was one of pure delight as she looked at the man on the bed. Wearing a suit of snowy white under clothes, his demeanor slovenly, a pair of crystal clear eyes sparkling like flawless rubies, which were exceptionally beautiful and mesmerizing. Because of those two incredibly mesmerizing blood-red orbs, an added alluring charm was added to his already handsome-looking countenance.

"You little rascal. You nearly scared this old woman to death." Mei Ji said sobbing with joy, pouncing forward to go hug him so tightly she seemed like she wanted to mesh him into her bones.

The man's brows knitted up, seemingly feeling very uncomfortable from her strong hug. He started to struggle and then called out: "Crazy woman! Let go of me..... Ugh....."

The pair of red ruby eyes suddenly widened up with shock, and also looked a little lost.

That beautiful and enchanting face was so close to him, and there was something soft that was pressed against his rather dry lips.

"Mei Ji, you....."

In that instant that he opened his mouth, the woman's nimble little tongue had already invaded inside, brutally overwhelming him. The man was so overtaken with fright that he could not move, his eyes looking like those of a startled little deer, letting the woman continue to kiss him maniacally, where a tinge of pink them rose up upon that handsome-looking face.

Bai Zhi Yan's face was utterly dumbstruck. [Isn't he a third person standing right there?]

[Is it really all that appropriate for them to be committing such atrocities right before his face? ?]

He glared fiercely at the two of them, and then stormed out of the room indignantly.

[Bully him just because he does not have a woman will they! Utterly despicable!!]

The entire Dark Region's main palace was a uniform cold, grave and overwhelming black, majestic and boundless, and exuding an absorbing oppressive aura. The two ferocious beasts statues just outside the doors with their sharp fangs and extended claws almost seemed alive, holding strong guard for the Dark Legion that had stood tall and strong for a hundred years.

It was said to be beasts that had accompanied a revered god of the ancients throughout his life, and when that revered god fell, these two ferocious beasts had left together with their owner. But though their bodies had suffered demise and their souls dispersed, their powerful oppressive aura still remained in existence.

This was also the reason when the people of the Dark Region were relentless pursued and persecuted by the other powers, no one dared to come into the Dark Region itself to touch its people inside at all.

At that moment, seated upon the elevated main seat, was a man wearing an ornate and regal suit, a purple brocade robe. His long slender arm propped up his chin, his eyes seemingly closed in rest.

"My Lord, the Bright Moon Divine Temple sent someone here to deliver an invitation, saying that they would be holding a celebration to congratulate my Lord's return to Cloud Heaven. Will my Lord want to accept the invitation?"

A man came walking in from outside the palace and fell to one knee, his hand holding up a light purple invitation card high above his head.

The man's long lashes flicked slightly, and his eyes then opened slightly, his highly mysterious and regal violet eyes causing people's heart to palpitate with just one look at them.

Among the people of the Dark Region, besides Little Monster who was born with his flaming red blood eyes, few were able to escape from being bewitched by meeting Lou Jun Yao's devilish violet eyes.

And the black robed man down below had unintentionally just taken a cursory glance when he immediately felt his blood within surging with an immense pressure. It frightened him so much that he quickly averted his gaze away.

The man up on the high seat glanced briefly at the invitation. "Unsolicited goodwill. Reject it."

"Yes, my Lord." The black robed man answered respectfully, and then turned around to go out, to bump face to face right into Bai Zhi Yan, who was just coming in through the door.

The moment Bai Zhi Yan saw the invitation card, he immediately knew who it was from. Looking at the immensely bored looking man up there, he arched up an eyebrow and asked teasingly: "What? You are actually refusing an invitation from such a great beauty? It might not be all that nice you know?"

"Why not then you go on my behalf?" Lou Jun Yao said as his lips curled up, the expression on his face turning dangerous.

"No no no. You must be joking. I do not have the fortune to receive such kindness. They do not deem me worthy at all." Bai Zhi Yan quickly raised up his hands in front of him to say, and then threw a contemptuous glance at the man.

Bai Zhi Yan had already gotten used to being looked down upon, and he was not too bothered about it. He walked over to sit down on a chair at the side, and pulled out the tiny exquisite box from inside his sleeve. He then tossed it over to Lou Jun Yao as he said: "Something good. Keep it with you."

After Lou Jun Yao was holding it in his hand, he then saw what it was. That was what Qing Yu had left behind for them just before she left.

"His skills with poisons that scoundrel Zhuge Xiong has always been so proud of, were of no use before just one small antidote pill. It had immediately taken effect when Little Monster was fed it." Bai Zhi Yan's tone of voice seemed to sound a little rueful, and his long narrow peach blossom like eyes then shone brightly. "Jun Yao, that little lass is truly a treasure. Do you want to poach her over to join the Dark Legion?"

Lou Jun Yao's violet eyes narrowed, his voice becoming low and deep. "I need you to tell me that?"

"So you already have that intention. You're as astute and farsighted as I expected." Bai Zhi Yan said as he clicked his tongue. "How could I have forgotten how this man here had duped me so treacherously into coming over in the beginning....."

Luo Jun Yao had come to completely know Bai Zhi Yan through and through. Seeing how he was reacting, he immediately knew that the man was going to prattle on endlessly, and he quickly opened his mouth to interrupt without batting an eyelid: "Have you gone back to the Divine Healers Sect to take a look yet?"

Bai Zhi Yan's eyes flared wide. "Are you kidding? Wouldn't I get my legs broken by those old ancestors of mine if I go back there? I angered them quite a bit back when I followed you out of there and you're making such cynical remarks here now?"

Luo Jun Yao knew that he was not being fair to him and his coughed lightly behind his hand. "You are still the Divine Healers Sect's young chief and that bunch of old fogeys will be bear to beat you up for sure. You can be assured of that."

Hearing that Bai Zhi Yan became more angry. Just as he was about to throw a fit, Luo Jun Yao had already stood up above. "I'll accompany you back, and I can also have them take a look and ascertain my body's condition as well."

Although Lou Jun Yao was the head chief of an unorthodox sect, but his mother had very deep ties with the Divine Healers Sect.

Hence before he founded the Dark Region, he was on extremely close terms with the Divine Healers Sect. The Bai Family's old ancestors had liked him very much and when he had been inflicted with the voodoo poison, the old ancestors of the Bai Family had expended great efforts on him.

But when he later became the Lord of the Dark Region, even the Divine Healers Sect who had always saved people from death and cared for the world were not able to accept that, and had broken off their ties with him. But in the end, he managed to dupe the Divine Healers Sect's young chief out of the place, which made all their people secretly curse and swear at him hundreds and thousands of time.

Upon hearing that he wanted to go to the Divine Healers Sect, Bai Zhi Yan was stunned.

Ever since he came to reign over the Dark Region, the old men had not allowed for them to meet. Luo Jun Yao had not set foot into the territories of the Divine Healer Sect for almost a hundred years and he must have decided to go there this time to allow him to return to his home soil!

Chapter 40: Killing Each Other

"You....."

"Don't overthink it. I am just going to seek an understanding about it from Old Man Bai, to see what the ice and fire Yin Yang Grub and the Emotion Devouring Curse is really all about." Lou Jun Yao's eyes narrowed, his violet eyes showing its familiar terrifying tempest.

In hindsight where vision was perfect, Bai Zhi Yan then realized. How could he have forgotten that this fella was one who avenged the slightest grievance inflicted upon him? If the culprit behind it was discovered by him, he wouldn't even dare imagine the kind of fate that person would come to meet.

Meanwhile, in the Bright Moon Divine Temple in the south.

Within a enormous and luxurious manor, a woman completely wrapped up in an all black robe laid upon a bed, her exposed lower jaw deathly white and pale, which looked rather insidious.

The wide loose sleeves fluttered noisily under the wind blowing in from outside the window. One of those sleeves was empty inside, while her other hand hung limply down at her side.

After a rather long while, a series of strange chuckling sounds then came out from within that black robe. "Hahahaha. I, as a priestess of the Divine Temple, has become a useless chess piece just like this..... Temple Lord, you really have such a cruel heart."

Her head that had been hanging down low suddenly lifted up, black and purple lines under the skin filled her face, making her look like a evil spirit from Hell come to seek someone's life. Her eyes were bulging out a little, and below that was a pair of lips garishly red like blood, the corners of the mouth split wide, a highly terrifying sight.

"If I am to die..... I will drag someone to cushion my fall..... Hahahaha..... That useless piece of trash from the low level lands that dared to spoil my perfect plan..... I will definitely grind your bones and scatter the dust to dispel the hatred in my heart!"

............

Mo Han Yan's days recently had been absolutely nauseating for her.

She had originally decided to come out of seclusion because of a change in Yan Su's attitude towards those two illegitimate bastards in the Tranquil Abode which caused her heart great unease.

But it might not have been so bad if she had not come out as coming out here had driven her so mad she wished she could throttle that little slut to death!

Yan Su had not only often gone there to inquire about their welfare, he had even shown great favour to that lass. It was said that not only had she become smarter, she had even gotten herself a hidden expert as a Master.

There was a time that Yan Su brought her along to attend a good friend's gathering, and who would have thought that he would encounter an ambush by a gang of people. With Yan Su's well known fame out there, though he was greatly respected, there would naturally also be people who hate him, with a good number of enemies as well.

But he was highly skilled in martial arts himself and he was naturally no fearful of such strife, open challenges or sneaky ambushes alike.

But unexpectedly, the enemies had someone highly skilled in poison who caused all four of Yan Su's limbs to go numb, unable to move as he fell limp inside his horse carriage. Many of his guards outside were killed and wounded, and he was right about to see his own life fall into the enemies' insidious hands. But he had failed to notice that the expression of the young lady beside him had not shown the slightest ripple of alarm.

The horse carriage was broken apart and the sight of the pale faced and completely weakened Yan Su seated right next to the white robed young lady with an indifferent expression on her face formed an extreme stark contrast against each other.

The enemies had clearly not expected that there would be a second person inside, and looking at her, she looked to be completely fine, seemingly not affected by the poison at all. The gang of enemies were all visibly stunned.

Just as wariness started to rise in the hearts of those people, one person among them suddenly scrambled to pull out his own sword like he had gone mad to slash his sword at his companion beside him, cleaving that person in half right down the middle like he was splitting wood. The brutal and gory sight immediately caused the colour several faces to change.

But only realizing it at that moment and trying to defend themselves was already too late for them. The person suddenly turned attacker originally did not possess a high level of cultivation and it seemed like he had suddenly turned into a peerless expert who had suddenly risen through the levels.

The group of people were completely defenseless, completely massacred, and they were all killed in various brutal and horrifying ways. Even a great general like Yan Su who had slaughtered enemies in the tens of thousands upon the battlefield suddenly felt his stomach churn, nauseated by the sight.

That person killed all his companions, and then raised his blade to slit himself across the throat.

Yan Su was still in a state of shock and was not able to react until the gentle voice of the young lady beside him rose up: "Father, are you able to move already?"

That was when he then came to discover that he was able to move his body, and the numbness that took away all his strength had disappeared without a trace.

The corners of the young lady's lips before his eyes were slightly lifted, her face peerlessly beautiful. The sight before them was clearly one that would send a chill through the hearts of the most stalwart of men where mutilated corpses lay strewn over the wilderness, but the young girl's face was looking just like normal, clearly not affected at all, as if she was not seeing any of this.

"Qing Yu, aren't..... you frightened?" Yan Yu looked at her, the expression on his face looking rather complicated.

"Frightened? Why?"

"Just now..... You were nearly killed by this group of people."

"But the fact is, I killed them all in the end isn't it?" Qing Yu curled up the ends of her mouth, smiling warmly.

That was when Yan Su then came to believe what she had said before.

She had a very powerful Master who guided her in her cultivation, and imparted to her knowledge in Medicine, giving her the ability to protect herself and her younger brother.

Yan Su might have believed that she really had a powerful Master, but as for things said about how strong she had become, he had not believed a word of it.

Besides Little Ning who was gifted and highly intelligent, there were not many women in the Green Wave Kingdom who could be considered to be strong, in fact few and far between. And even Little Nian, was now already sixteen years old.

But for this young little girl here, not even yet fourteen. If this was really true..... that would be really too terrifying.

Yan Su stared at the person before him, and immediately grew flustered in the next instant.

[Looks so much alike, to that person, her face completely alike. Even that personality, so much like hers.]

"Today, I saved Father, so Father might come to believe my words now. I wonder if I can make a request?"

"Tell it to me!"

"I hope from here henceforth, in the Eternal Peace Duke's Manor, nobody would be able to interfere with my life and that of Little Bei's, including the Duchess." Qing Yu's devilishly mesmerizing phoenix like eyes narrowed slightly. "Father is often not in the manor and you would most probably not know my personality well. Although I have a rather good temper, but I detest having to deal with troublesome things. If anyone was to come find trouble with us, I will get very perplexed."

[When I get perplexed, I will naturally be in a bad mood.]

[And when I'm in a bad mood, I will have to do something to vent out my frustration.]

How could Yan Su possibly not detect the true meaning behind her words? After the initial shock passed, he unexpectedly came to feel that this young girl had an adorably candid personality and he demeanor then unconsciously grew a little doting and indulgent as he said with a slight smile: "As you wish."

Towards Yan Ning Luo, he had especially favoured and doted on her. She had shown great gifts from a very young age, and the Faint Mist Sect's Sect Leader absolutely adored her. Yan Ning Luo was mature and sensible, never causing him much worry. But as she stayed in the Faint Mist Sect most of the time, the father and daughter relationship between the two of them were not that deep.

And right before his eyes, another young little daughter of his whose looks were something people would not be able to take their eyes off had suddenly appeared. She was intelligent and obedient, but she was also full of bright ideas of her own and rather crafty, so easily likeable. Yan Su's cold hard heart then suddenly seemed to have been heavily struck, feeling like he wanted to treasure and care for her.

To make up for the ten over years lost before.

Qing Yu was astute enough and she had sensed the change that had come over Yan Su, although she knew that he was actually seeing another person through her, whom most probably should be that short lived mother of this body she was occupying.

But, since he was thinking to make up for not having been a good father to her, she was not entirely not amenable to reason, as she was also able to isolate themselves from that detestable Duchess as well, killing two birds with one stone. Yan Su was in no mood to attend the gathering anymore, and he just rehired another horse carriage to drive them back to the manor.

But upon returning back to the manor this time, something that everyone else would not be able to accept was bound to happen.

As it was feared that the Duke's Manor was about to undergo changes in its rule.

When Yan Su came down from the horse carriage, he had then lovingly helped Qing Yu down right after, and then made an announcement that whoever was to see the Sixth Young Miss, they were all to being highly respectful to her, never to slight her in anyway.

No one was to step into the Tranquil Abode as they wished henceforth and Qing Yu would be allowed to go in and out of the Duke's Manor freely. That special treatment, caused all the other woman to feel all kinds of envy and jealousy, with all of them cursing at the young lass, thinking she was really not that simple a girl afterall to be able to win His Highness' high favour and love, exactly the same kind of bewitching vixen like her mother was!

Of course, no one had been as furious as Mo Han Yan was. She had immediately gone straight to Yan Su's study, and looking at the man dealing with his official duties, she had taken a deep breath to push down the rage in her heart to say: "Your Highness."

Yan Su did not even raise his head as he grunted an acknowledgement.

"Why would you want to do this? Have you forgotten the promise you made to me back then?" Han Mo Yan had her fists tightly clenched up under her sleeves. "You clearly told me that you will not soften your heart towards that woman who betrayed you, and will never care whether her children lived or died."

Yan Su's hand paused in its writing, his head finally raising up to look at her. As a man close to forty, though his face showed slight signs of weathering, that mature man's handsome charm had become more enchanting, and Mo Han Yan could not help but become a little smitten as she stared.

"I had indeed said those words." Yan Su stood up, looking down at the woman before him from his high vantage point, his gaze a little cold. "Is that why you went on to bribe the midwife when she was about to deliver, purposely tormenting her to suffer complications giving birth? Is that why when I was out on a military mission, you had the legs of a child who was just a few years old broken, causing him to become a cripple and condemned to be wheelchair bound for life?"

Mo Han Yan's eyes grew wide as saucers, staring at the man's cold and icy expression in utter disbelief.

[How..... How did he come to find that out?]

[It's not possible. There was clearly no one who knew about that matter as the midwife who handled the delivery had been eradicated. Except for that child!]

[But he was fed with drugs that had turned him into an idiot and would not be able to speak of it at all. Then, who could it be?!]

"For something not to be made known, it is unless the deed has not been committed!" Yan Su snorted derisively. "That gentle and kind Mo Han Yan who was once so loving and enchanting from before. Where has she gone to? Hmm? Your talents and great intelligence had all been used to devise such dirty tricks and insidious plotting?"

"I think that I have not treated you shabbily. Back when I married you, it had naturally been because I loved you. You were generous and smart, understanding and kind. I admit it, My heart had indeed been moved by Qing Fei, but did you know this? She did not love me. Even when I made my heart's intentions clear to her, she still rejected me!" Yan Su's countenance turned rather dark. "I settled her in the manor only to protect her, as I owed her a debt of gratitude for having saved my life. But you..... You have caused me to bear the crime of being a dishonourable person and brought disgrace to my name!"

This was the first time Yan Su had said such words to Mo Han Yan, which caused her to collapse to the ground, her countenance turned deathly pale, unable to recover her senses for a long time.

[So, for so many years, everything she had done had been wrong all this time?]

[She had hated that woman. She had thought that the woman who had snatched her husband from her had not even loved Yan Su at all. And..... she had sent that woman to her death with her own hands.

Mo Han Yan stared into the icy gaze that Yan Su was looking at her which pierced right into her bones, and her heart came to understand that they.....would never be able to go back to the way they were before.

And all of that, was witnessed by a pair of sparkling large eyes outside the door. The eyes turned away and then disappeared.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

56.8K 4.4K 54
In their previous life, taehyung had been overweight. His face was covered in acne. Yet jungkook still forcefully ate him up. Exactly how much did h...
1.9M 97.3K 38
Presenting the story of ISHIKA MEHRA Whose innocence made the king bow down to her AND ABHIRAJ SINGH RATHORE Whose presence is enough to make the per...
173K 4.1K 93
As the Maid of Evil, Y/n sacrifices her life for her twin brother. As the Mist Hashira, Y/n sacrifices her life for humanity. But not anymore will Y...
438K 18.3K 123
SYPNOSIS Reading Purifying Love made Rachelle D'magiba feel very insulted. The ending that the author had written didn't go well with her expectation...