Black Bellied Belle: Demon Lo...

By Pandavent

The first time they met they had battled fiercely, just for a mere bunch of herbs. She needed it to save peop... More

Prologue - Ch. 10
Ch. 11-20
Ch. 31-40
Ch. 41-50
Ch. 51-60
Ch. 61-70
Ch. 71-80
Ch. 81-90
Ch. 91-100
Ch. 101-110
Ch. 111-120
Ch. 121-130
Ch. 131-140
Ch. 141-150
Ch. 151-160
Ch. 161-170
Ch. 171-180
Ch. 181-190
Ch. 191-200
Ch. 201-210
Ch. 211-220
Ch. 221-230
Ch. 231-240
Ch. 241-250
Ch. 251-260
Ch. 261-270
Ch. 271-280
Ch. 281-290
Ch. 291-300
Ch. 301-310
Ch. 311-320
Ch. 321-330
Ch. 331-End

Ch. 21-30

111 2 1
By Pandavent

Chapter 21: Golden Red Elixir Flames

"Thank you." Lou Jun Yao restrained his emotions, and nodded his head slightly. "You have saved me, and I will remember this as a debt I owe you."

Qing Yu could not help but laugh. "Shouldn't I be the one who owes you a favour? Afterall, I took your Polar Fire Core."

"That is a completely separate matter. The debt owed for having saved my life is not what a mere bunch of herb can offset." Lou Jun Yao was in a great mood, as the smile at the corners of his lips deepened slightly. "I had been bogged by this for many years which had greatly wrecked my body. If my body is ravaged for another few years by it, it will not be long before I will lose my life."

Qing Yu lips unconsciously curled up. "It will be alright. I will prescribe some medicine for you in awhile. Your body's constitution is rather good and you will slowly recover."

It was clear with just one glance that the man's identity was anything but ordinary and his heart must be proud and arrogant, where the things he would not be able to accept would be to see that something was wrong with his own body!

The elegant white clothed handsome lad already looked exceptionally exquisite when he did not smile and when a faint smile hung on his lips, it was like the sun had lit up the entire dim and dark room.

Lou Jun Yao smiled. "For that, I would have to trouble you."

Bai Zhi Yan looked at the two people from the side, seeing them exchange pleasant courteous words alternatively, and the expression on his face became a little strange.

My Lord..... Has the poison not been purged completely? This manner of speech isn't like you at all you know?

His personality was one of "great as the Heavens and Earth are, I am the greatest!", wildly arrogant, never knowing what courtesy was in the slightest, so there was no need to even mention him knowing how to beat around the bush in humble politeness. What could have possibly possessed him today?

Could it be.....

His gaze then discreetly turned to peer at the lad's face of unmatched beauty and allure.

Could the reason be because the lad is so good looking?

"I wonder from where the Young Master received tutelage? Seeing that you are still so young but your attainment in the field of Medicine has already reached the realm of alchemists whose age have reached past half a century, I would think that your teacher must surely be a person of extraordinary significance." Lou Jun Yao went on in a roundabout manner, before he finally spoke what was really on his mind.

This lad, had some great moves, possessed great skills in Medicine, and even held knowledge about witchcraft. With such a great talent, wouldn't he be recklessly wasting a gift from Heaven if he did not rope the lad in over to his side?

Qing Yu laughed helplessly and said: "I belong to no sect or clan, my skills acquired through self study."

These two master and servant pair are rather quaint. Both of them asking the same things one after another. Have alchemists really become such a rare existence in this world? And that's why they were trying so hard to win over the power behind her after just seeing she was skilled in Medicine??

Very unfortunately, she really did not have any powerful sects or clans.

"It was through one single chance encounter that I inherited knowledge in Medicine that allowed me this small accomplishment and I did not have a Master."

When she said it the last time, Bai Zhi Yan had looked half dubious and she thought she might as well make it clear this time.

Lou Jun Yao raised an eyebrow slightly. The lad did not look like he was lying.

But, wasn't his luck a little too good? To be able to inherit those skills in Medicine, that was something that all alchemists would hope to get their entire lives.

And, there was one more thing that he was still a little curious about.

"Then, I wonder at what grade of alchemy are you at now?"

His level shouldn't be too low.

That was also something Bai Zhi Yan was curious about. He had not been able to decipher the lad's cultivation nor his grade as an alchemist. If the grade was did not far surpass his, it would then mean that the lad had employed some special method to conceal it.

Once that question was asked, Qing Yu was first taken aback a moment, before she blinked her eyes and then went on to ask: "Grade..... How are they gauged?"

The air grew heavy for a moment.

Was this kid making a joke out of all this?

Could it be that he was not from this world and that was why he did not even know what levels and grades were??

Bai Zhi Yan coughed twice to lend relief to the awkward atmosphere. "Young Master Qing..... err..... doesn't seem to understand it all that well. It works like this. As every single person possess a different level of gift, so at the moment of birth, infants undergo a test to ascertain how gifted they are. Some people possess prodigious gift in the area of alchemy while some others would be more gifted in martial cultivation."

"Regardless whether it is in alchemy or martial prowess, they are differentiated into high and low grades. Like for alchemists for example, their grades are Gold, Silver, Bronze and above that would be Platinum, White Silver and Green Bronze. The Bronze grade is the lowest level and they need to rely on Beast Fire or its equivalent as a source of fire when they practice alchemy. When one attains the Silver level, they would then be able to slowly garner their own Elixir Fire."

After that explanation, Qing Yu was finally able to understand.

So that was how the grading of alchemists worked in this world.

"Then, what grade are you at already?" Qing Yu asked as she looked at the man in front of her. She knew that the man was an alchemist.

Bai Zhi Yan smiled and a highly intense silver flame suddenly sprouted from his fingertip. "I have just advanced into White Silver."

"Then you would considered to be a very great alchemist already." Qing Yu said as she nodded her head.

"Young Master Qing's proficiency in Medicine is at a much higher level than mine and I think you must already be at the Platinum grade....." The smile on Bai Zhi Yan's face suddenly congealed. The blinding flickering red flame caused him to be stunned for a moment.

"Is that what Platinum grade fire..... looks like? But based on what you said earlier, it should be golden in colour....." Qing Yu said in puzzlement as she looked at the little golden red flame on her fingertip.

That fire had been with her all the way since her previous life and it had gained spirit consciousness. Having released it out like this, it was like a child who had been locked up for a long time, highly active and lively, moving around on her hand, and even bouncing a time or two intermittently.

Bai Zhi Yan was shocked beyond words, and he was unable to speak at all at that moment.

"Could that Elixir Fire possibly have gained its own spirit consciousness?" Although Lou Jun Yao was not an alchemist, but he had seen Bai Zhi Yan cultivate and refine medicines so many times. His Elixir Fire was not so lively and the colour in this one was..... really rarely seen.

Seeing that he had been able to tell, Qing Yu did not try to conceal it. "That's right. This little fella has been with me for a very long time, and is capable of human emotions."

As she had thought, she shouldn't have let it come out. That playful little fire source was twirling around her fingers in circles, from one finger onto the next, zipping around happily.

It went on for awhile, and it must have sensed that its Mistress was getting a little impatient before it showed some restraint, coming to a stop on her palm and did not move anymore.

Bai Zhi Yan looked like he had been dealt a devastating blow as his face turned sorrowful and highly despondent. "It's really..... so infuriating to be compared with other people....."

He was afterall well and proper recognized as the most gifted prodigy among the Divine Healers Sect but when compared to this young lad, he paled in comparison completely.

Lou Jun Yao's gaze grew deep as it darkened. 'Is Young Master Qing also from the Cloud Heaven?"

It was the second time she had heard that unfamiliar name.

Qing Yu cast a glance at Bai Zhi Yan. The first time had been him asking her the same thing.

"I do not know what this Cloud Heaven both of you have spoken of really is. I only know that this is the Green Wave Kingdom and I, grew up here in this place."

"This place is only one among low grade lands." Seeing that the lad really did not know it, Lou Jun Yao still explained it patiently to him. "The place you are in is called the Jade Pearl Continent, where martial cultivation is seen to be slightly more inadequate. The continent is split up three ways, into the Green Wave, Water Edge, and Martial Blue, three kingdoms."

"Above this place is the White Marsh Continent, medium grade lands, where the cultivation of any regular person there is equivalent to a powerful pugilist here. And another level higher up will be the Cloud Heaven."

Qing Yu nodded her head, and immediately arched an eyebrow up. "Seems like you people are people from Cloud Heaven?"

"That's right."

"To have crossed over two continents at once, it must have drained your cultivation quite a bit. Are you people running away from enemy persecution?" Qing Yu asked as she rubbed her chin thoughtfully.

'It can be considered to be that!" Lou Jun Yao smiled. "With my body becoming weaker by the day, encountering an enemy would only mean being slaughtered. In that case, wouldn't hiding far far away from them be the smarter thing to do?"

"Mm. Being adaptable is definitely a virtue."

Bai Zhi Yan was speechless. "....."

Only mean being slaughtered..... Aren't you taking it too far with pretending to be weak and helpless.....

And you're saying it with such a serious face, almost deceiving me as well.

But.....

Bai Zhi Yan's surveying eyes then came back onto the two people who were chatting away happily, and he came to a conclusion.

Lou Jun Yao was indeed showing a fondness for that lad.

As he had never seen his Lord ever being so chatty.

In another part of the capital city.....

Yan Ning Luo and Yan Xi Cheng had a fight and they parted on an unhappy note.

All the way from when they were very young, Yan Xi Cheng had always doted on her very much, never once raising his voice at her.

And this time, just because of a completely unrelated person, he had actually scolded her. In a fit of anger, Yan Ning Luo then decided not to return home.

Although she did not come back to the Imperial Capital much, but she still had several fast and steady friends, and the Left Prime Minister's youngest daughter was one that she was usually closest to.

Among the famous women in the Imperial Capital, besides Yan Ning Luo being hailed as the greatest beauty, Yu Xiao Ning was also well known to be a lady who was both talented and beautiful.

Known as the Imperial City's dual pride together as Yan Ning Luo.

Su Xiao Ning had a fair and tiny almond shaped face, her sharp chin tinged with a faint line of Beauty's cleft which was exceptionally enchanting. Her quick witted limpid pair of sparkling eyes seemed to talk, a highly intelligent and graceful young lady.

At that moment, her dainty cherry lips were slightly curled up, amused as she looked at her gloomy and unhappy good friend.

"Who could have angered our greatest beauty now? What audacity. Tell me and I will vent your frustration onto them for you."

Yan Ning Luo rolled her eyes at her friend. "And you're still teasing me?"

"When did I do that? Am I not showing concern here!?" Su Xiao Ning covered her mouth and laughed lightly. "Aiyah, don't be so unhappy. It's not often we can meet and reminisce of old times. With you becoming the Faint Mist Sect's greatest female senior, I am finding it harder and harder to keep up with you."

Yan Ning Luo scoffed at her. "Here you are squeezing out sourness to make vinegar again. How am I as capable as you!? Our entire Green Wave Country will have to depend on you!"

Although the Left Prime Minister was a weak and frail literary official, but his children had all done well for themselves. This one here was his youngest daughter, a prodigy genius born to do business and trade.

A good half of the Green Wave Kingdom's industries were all Yu Xiao Ning's and it could be said that she controlled the kingdom's economic lifeline.

So beautiful and was able to make so much money. Only the Heavens knew how many young men were harbouring some ideas towards her.

"I have heard that the Water Edge Kingdom is going to send a princess here to propose a match in marriage?" Yu Xiao Ning stopped fooling around and started to speak of serious business.

"Marriage proposal? It's just a cover, sheer camouflage." Yan Ning Luo answered with a sneer. "The one coming here is not any princess, but the Water Edge Kingdom's most favoured Ninth Princess, Xin Yan. Would Yue Mu Chen who is so crazily protective of that sister of his really marry her off to an enemy kingdom? Only when the sun rises up from the west!"

Yu Xiao Ning rubbed her chin. "That's quite true. But then..... What are they coming here for?"

Could it be that because the kingdoms were at peace and they were feeling idle, so they are thinking to start a war?

"You are so busy making money all the time and I think you are not aware that that demonic Duke of Vast Seas has awoken, and he will be the one escorting Yue Xin Yan here."

"That..... That can't be true!" The smile at the corners of Yu Xiao Ning's lips then showed a rare moment of stiffening.

Chapter 22: Unlucky, Unlucky, Really Unlucky!

Would they really be that unlucky?

She still remembered back when she had opened her first restaurant, it was destroyed by the Duke of Vast Seas.

The losses she incurred back at that time had almost made her life not worth living at all. Because the restaurant had been rather large in scale, all the fixtures and fittings inside were all carefully and painfully created and put together by her. After she took so much effort to bring the business up to reach a peak, a war started between the Green Wave Kingdom and the Water Edge Kingdom.

That god of slaughter had been vicious, quickly causing her to lose her restaurant completely, and what did he then say?

A wasteful extravagance?!

Did she take his family's money to waste!? That scoundrel!!

Thinking about it now still pained her quite a bit.

Yan Ning Luo had not thought so much about it as she nodded her head. "I heard that they will come in another month's time, which would coincide with the Green Wave Kingdom's triennial All Saint's Festival."

Yu Xiao Ning nodded in agreement. Looks like she would have to fully prepare her protection mechanisms in advance this time, in case that god of slaughter comes to tear up her territories when he's in a bad mood.

"Eh? Isn't that the Crown Prince? Why is he out?" Through the half covered window, a tall and slender figure in dark green slowly walked past, his face gentle and elegant, exceptionally outstanding looking.

Hearing that, Yan Ning Luo lifted her eyes to look, and then retracted her gaze, seemingly indifferent.

Yu Xiao Ning did not hear any response and she turned her head back. "Little Ning, aren't you going to go down and see the Crown Prince at all?"

"There no need for me to go see him. I see him often enough in the sect."

"Tsk, don't try to deceive me. Don't I know you well enough? You must be trying to avoid him." Yu Xiao Ning said, immediately exposing her.

Yan Ning Luo glared at her. "What do you mean I'm avoiding him? Do you think he wants to see me so much?"

These birthdate characters of these two must surely clash each other's. It was not known why they always seemed to dislike the sight of each other from a very young age. How are they going to get along when they get married in future?

Yu Xiao Ning held her hand over her forehead. She was really very worried for her!

— Duke of Eternal Peace Manor —

Qing Yu returned back from outside, and she had just opened the door when she saw Qing Bei standing in the corner, his expression looking rather panicked.

"What's wrong?" She asked as her eyebrow lifted.

"Sis." Seeing that she had come back, the youth then blew out a breath in relief. "Father came here earlier, and he just stood outside the door for a very long time. It almost frightened me to death."

"Is that so?" Qing Yu curled up her lips in a smile. "Why are you so afraid of? You're afraid that he would see that you can actually stand on your feet?"

"Mm." Qing Bei nodded, his voice soft. "I was afraid that if Father saw it, it might spoil your plans."

"So foolish." Qing Yu stretched her hand out, and rapped a knuckle on his head. "So what of he sees it? What can happen? At most you can just tell him that you encountered an expert who treated your crippled legs for you. That would at least make him take note and he might even pay a little attention to you!"

"I do not care for all that." Qing Bei sneered. "Did you go to the Gathered Cloud Loft to treat that man's condition?"

"Mm. I just gave him a body checkup and I did not find much problems. When he recovers, then I will have nothing to do with them anymore." Qing Yu said with a smile. "I'm going to rest. You better go carry on with your cultivation and don't be lazy. I've set up a barrier array outside and no one will disturb you."

"Mm. I know."

Qing Yu went back to her room and closed the door before she sat herself on the bed, to gather her mind in meditation. The moment she closed her eyes, everything surrounding her seemed to blur, her body feeling light as a feather, like she had come to another world.

This was her personal space dimension. She came to this place whenever she cultivates herself. The spirit energy in here was highly robust and dense, more than a hundred times stronger than outside.

When she had just returned here from outside, she noticed that something did not feel quite right in her body. There were faint signs of her about to achieve a breakthrough and she had immediately rushed her way in here.

Back in her past life, she had already cultivated the Buried Soul Arts to its pinnacle and now that she was starting all over again, because she already had experienced it once before, she found it easier to grasp it when cultivating, yielding faster results.

It was funny saying this. The Qing Family in her previous life was the greatest reclusive family clan, hidden from the world, the embodiment of righteousness who helped the dying and healed the wounded, their heart encompassing the world.

But the two secret treasures handed down from the ancestors, one of them being the <> was clearly not any orthodox skill as it contained no lack of devilry techniques inside. The other <> was also not a precious compilation of medical books as the legends claimed as half of its contents were about techniques with poisonous voodoo grubs.

It could be seen that the people had been deceived, as no one had ever seen those legendary secret treasures.

But one thing was true.

Within the Burial Soul Arts, there was a powerful Ancient Magical Artifact, where after undergoing many thousands and thousands of years of practice, it had developed a spirit consciousness.

And at that moment, it was quietly lying there in a corner within Qing Yu's space dimension.

It was a gold and silver dual colored snake shaped circlet, and there were many complicated ancient looking designs on its surface. It remained there quietly, not moving at all.

Qing Yu rubbed a finger in between her brows and walked over to knock on the snake's head.

The circlet quivered, and a blinding light emitted from it before it then slowly opened its eyes. Its pair of long and slender eyes were also dual coloured with gold and silver, that looked very nice.

"Mistress?" The little snake blinked its eyes, still a little groggy, before its mouth split into a smile. "Mistress, you've become stronger again!"

Qing Yu snorted a breath through her nose and asked: "How long has it been for you already? And you're still not able to regain human shape. I am starting to have thoughts of abandoning you now."

"Wah! No! Don't Mistress! I am really trying trying my very hardest to restore my spirit body!" The little snake wailed pitifully, its gold and silver eyes almost glistening with tears, a sight that tugged at one's heart.

"How are you feeling now." Qing Yu suddenly asked out of the blue, and the little snake was not able to react for a moment. "What?"

"You are my weapon spirit. Do you not feel anything at all after I undergo a breakthrough?"

It then dawned upon the little snake as it swiveled it head a little and its body swelled from just about the thickness of an adult's thumb up a few times.

"Huh? I grew bigger?!" The little snake's face filled up with surprise, twisting its body and shaking its tail. It then slithered up onto Qing Yu's hand, to rub its head against the back of Qing Yu's hand. "Mistress, look! I've grown bigger. Hahaha....."

"Imbecile." Qing Yu said with a roll of her eyes. "Having turned back into your original form must have brought your intelligence down to that of a retard as well."

"Hmph! I am obviously very clever! In what way am I a retard!?" The little snake harrumphed, as it turned its head away in indignation.

Qing Yu stroked it cold body. "I don't know what could possibly be holding you down. I think I'll refine a batch of elixirs that restores spirits for you in awhile or you would still be just a snake even when my hair has turned all white!"

"Really? Thank you Mistress!"

The little snake had regressed a lot as she had thought. Upon hearing that there would be elixirs to eat, it immediately became so happy and it was rubbing itself against her hand like a little child.

Qing Yu's eyes suddenly looked a little sad. That golden haired youth who saw himself as unparalleled in the world had been so spirited and full of mettle. If not for her, he would surely still be living leisurely, enjoying a life free of worries.

But now, it could not even maintain its most basic human form.....

"Mistress, are you unhappy again?" Although the little snake's mental intelligence was not entirely complete, but its emotional senses had become very sensitive. It had its tiny head lifted up as it stared at her earnestly with its long slender eyes.

"No, I'm not." Qing Yu could not help but smile as she shook her head. "You get yourself some good rest. I'll come see you again after some time, to give you the elixirs."

"Mm, mm. I will Mistress." The little snake licked her finger, and then obediently leapt off her hand, to coil itself up into a circlet again, shrunk back in a corner quietly.

Qing Yu had just broken through and her aura was still a little unstable. She stayed inside there for a little while more, before she retreated from there.

She had only been in the spatial dimension for a while but it had already become dark outside and Qing Bei was already not in the room anymore. The youth had always had a mind of his own from a very young age and towards Qing Bei's affairs, Qing Yu seldom interfered.

The moon hung high up in the night sky, spilling down a cover of silvery white, unimaginably beautiful.

The ends of Qing Yu's mouth were slightly lifted, her mood unconsciously great. She was about to go out for a stroll when a figure flitted speedily right across the night sky, that then suddenly plummeted downwards in a straight fall.

And of all the many places there to fall into, the figure fell into the herbs beds that she had carefully tended, squashing a large portion of the plants flat.

The smile froze on her lips and the corners of her eyes sharpened as her footsteps halted.

That figure had fallen without even letting out a grunt, but to continue lying there like a stiffened corpse.

Qing Yu could finally no longer hold it in and with a frozen mirthless smile on her face, she said: "I'll say fellow brother, get up already. How long do you intend to lie there?"

There was no reaction.

She lifted a foot and went walking over there, before kicking the figure a few times. She then saw that there was still no reaction and that it did not look like the downed figure was pretending.

"Fainted?" Qing Yu parted the person's messy hair and discovered that the face was filled with bruises blue and black, highly swollen, an unbearable sight.

She stood there in silence for quite a while. [Heck, just wait till someone discovers him tomorrow and takes him away. She didn't want to attract any trouble.]

She looked on in pain at the squashed bed of herbs. How unlucky.....

"Ah ha! So there's an accomplice here!" A eccentric sounding voice then reached her.

Qing Yu turned around and saw two people walking towards her, the bright weapons in their hands shining so bright they could blind someone.

"Heh heh heh, isn't she such a little beauty? Let the great lord here....." When that person came closer, he then realized that it was not mere little beauty, but a little petite goddess. She was just..... too beautiful!

The corner of Qing Yu's mouth stiffened. [Great mothers, what kind of a bloody bad luck is she in tonight?]

"Is this person here the one you are pursuing? I'll have to trouble you to quickly bring him away and not dirty my place." Qing Yu opened her mouth to say smilingly.

The two men were not exactly all that bad looking, but it was just that the expression on their faces were too vulgar, that added a certain amount of evil treachery onto them.

"The beauty is right. That brat has tainted the beauty's eyes, and is truly deserving of death." One of the men chuckled evilly. "Wait till I have dealt with that brat and I'll then come comfort the beauty."

"Help..... me...." A weakened male voice came out from the man whose face had been beaten beyond recognition. He struggled hard to open his eyes and a pair of eyes dark as night showed that he was valiantly enduring it. He had been poisoned, but he was still able to maintain consciousness at that moment, where his incredibly strong willpower could be seen.

Qing Yu arched up an eyebrow and crouched down to take a look at him. "But you've destroyed my herb bed and I am very angry."

[What I mean with these words is that I can actually save you, but since you have committed such an unpardonable and cruel crime, I'm not in the mood to do it at all.]

"I..... can compensate you....."

"How?"

"One million..... Is that enough?"

"Do I look like I am short of money?"

"Gold!"

""Alright. Deal."

Qing Yu nodded her head helplessly, and then raised a hand to strike a major acupoint on his body, to temporarily stop the poison in his body from spreading.

The two men who had been smiling slyly then realized at that moment that this young lady before them was not just an ordinary beauty.

Chapter 23: A Deterring Show of Power

They were now no longer in the mood to tease the beauty anymore as their hands tightened around their weapons. "Little Beauty, do not blame Big Brother for being callous but you can only blame it on your unfortunate fate."

Qing Yu looked at the two men with their malevolent faces and she shook her head sympathetically. "Haiz, of all times to come here. You really know how to pick the time."

All that she grew in her herb beds were not just herbs, but also several stalks of beautiful but savage Lunar Enamoured Flowers.

They belonged to a similar species as the Man Eating Flower but these flowers bloomed only at night, especially after they were bathed in the moon's essence, their demonic nature greatly intensifies. She seldom had people coming to visit her courtyard and she had planted them when she had nothing to do and for them to guard the yard as well.

And these two unfortunate miscreants had come seeking their own deaths, their hands holding such shiny weapons.

The Lunar Enamoured Flowers loved moonlight but they detested other kinds of light. Those two fools had been waving their weapons around for awhile and she guessed that the flowers were about to throw a fit.

As expected, under the silence of night, something seemed to growing robustly under the ground. In moments, the soil in front of them loosened and surged, and several enormous dark shadows rose up, surrounding the two men.

The enormous flowers were snowy white throughout, their mouths that were fully filled with sharp teeth all wide open, with a long and rounded red tongue sticking out which was densely covered in sharp hooks. As those horrifying mouths swayed, they blew out warm and wet breaths.

"What..... What kind of a thing is this!?" The two men were staring with their eyes wide and their mouths agape in shock. Their bodies stiffened and they don't even dare to move.

"Those are great things to have you know? I will have to thank both of you for providing them with fertilizer." Qing Yu said with a disarming smile.

"Do you know who we are? How dare....."

"Arrrgh....."

That person had not even finished his words when half of his body was chomped off by a Lunar Enamoured Flower with one single bite, the blood spraying all over the other man beside him, frightening him into howling out in sheer terror.

In the next second he was swallowed up by another Lunar Enamoured Flower. That flower seemed to have been very hungry for a long time where it did not only swallowed that man cleanly up, it even licked up the blood on the ground till there wasn't a single drop left.

After it had its fill, it let out a satisfied burp, and then buried itself back deep underground, leaving only its rhizome showing on the surface.

(Note: Rhizome: a creeping stem lying, usually horizontally, at or under the surface of the soil and differing from a root in having scale leaves, bearing leaves or aerial shoots near its tips, and producing roots from its undersurface. Credits to Collins English Dictionary)

The man lying on the ground gone on ahead to fall into a dead faint having been unable to hold out against the poison in his body, and he did not see the scene that unfolded, or he might very well have half his life scared out of him.

Qing Yu creased up her brows and was met with a dilemma.

This fella was so tall and towering in size. Was she really going to drag him all the way into the house? If she dumped him there, it wouldn't be good that he would still be crushing her herbs and plants underneath him.

"Hey, wake up. Continue feigning death and I will leave you here to your own perishment." She stuffed a antidote elixir into his mouth boorishly and stretched her hand out to jab her finger onto the swollen areas on his face two times.

The man had been giddy and barely conscious throughout but was feeling a little more awake after being fed the antidote elixir. When his face was jabbed by her, the pain caused him to grit his teeth and exclaim: "You!"

"Me? What about me?" Qing Yu asked as she stared down at him from her higher vantage point. "Quickly get someone to bring you away from here and not continue to take up space here at my place. Also do not forget that you owe me one million taels of gold."

'Rest assured. I never go back on my word. Wait till I go back and I'll have someone send the gold." The man said through tightly clenched teeth, in indignant anger.

"That will be best. You can carry on. I'm going back in to sleep." She let out a lazy yawn, and then immediately went walking towards her own room without once turning her head back, before she stepped inside.

The man was a little stunned. [The lady..... was leaving him in the lurch just like that? Can't she see that he was poisoned??]

[Wait..... It seems..... his body is not hurting anymore, and he wasn't feeling all that uncomfortable anymore.]

That was when he remembered that he had seemingly just been fed with an elixir.....

"What a strange woman....." The man muttered to himself under his breath, and then stood up shakily from the ground.

Subconsciously seeing that he had squashed quite a large patch of the foliage with his body, the expression on his face showed a rare moment of embarrassment before he then leaped nimbly over the wall to leave.

After achieving her breakthrough, Qing Yu was feeling a lot more relaxed and she slept throughout till the next morning before she awoke.

She stretched lazily and then went to open up the window. The window looked out over the herb beds directly and she was able to see it clearly.

"Huh?" Qing Yu blinked her eyes in surprise, to see that the large patch of her herbs that had been ruined was now looking perfectly intact, restored to the way it was, showing no sign of having been flattened at all.

[What is going on here? Are her eyes seeing things bright and early in the morning??]

"Oww..... What is this thing?" A muffled cry sounded outside.

The youth who was covered in morning dew had just come back, and before he had even stepped in through the door, he had stubbed his toe into something hard, his eyes staring wide with shock.

[What is this? Why is it placed here right in front of the door??]

"What's wrong Little Bei?" Qing Yu asked from inside, coming over and was about to open the room's door as she spoke.

Qing Bei quickly called out to stop her. "Sis, don't open the door just yet!"

Thereafter, he then approached carefully, staring measuringly at the thing that was wrapped up in black cloth. He gave it a probing nudge with his foot, and then shifted it position a little away from the door.

Qing Yu heard the noises and then opened the door. "What's wrong?"

Qing Bei pointed at the black wrapped package. "I saw this thing at the door the moment I came back, and I do not know what it is, but I do not think it is anything dangerous inside."

Qing Yu arched up an eyebrow and looked at it, before she reached out and wanted to pick it up. [Huh? I can move it??]

She exerted a bit more of her strength and was just able to lift it up.

She opened it to take a look, and a brilliant blinding gold shone out, from the neatly stacked gold bricks each about the size of a palm. There was also a stack of bank notes where each note was no less than ten thousand taels.

Qing Bei's eyes narrowed up as he stared. "There's so much money!!?"

There was also a letter within the bundle. Qing Yu picked it up and tore off the seal, and saw several lines of flowing script.

[Here is a million in gold. As I am currently only able to bring out seven hundred thousand taels in physical gold, I have drawn out the balance three hundred thousand in the form of bank notes, without a penny less.]

[The debt of having saved my life, is engraved in my mind.]

[For having carelessly damaged your garden, I am deeply sorry. I have ordered for the best workmen to restore the herb bed as much as possible and I hope that can appease your anger.]

Qing Yu curled up her lips. [This fella is rather conscientious! To think that he had even repaired her herb bed. A single elixir in exchange for a million in gold. It was a windfall no matter how one calculated!]

[Truly a case of fools have abundant wealth.]

"Sis, what is going on here?" Qing Bei had never seen so much money in all his life, and he did not know how to react at that moment.

He had not come back for only one night and what had actually happened?

Qing Yu smiled slyly and rubbed her chin. "It's nothing. Last night..... erm, an unexpected windfall fell right into our courtyard, that's all."

"Really?" Qing Bei's face was filled with suspicion and doubt.

"Of course it's real. Why would I lie to you?" With a click of her tongue, she wrapped the bundle back up, and the entire package then disappeared without a trace.

The fact that she possessed her own dimensional space was something Qing Bei knew, and hence he was not surprised.

"You're back so early?" Qing Yu's lips were curled up as she ruffled the dew drenched hair of the youth, smiling as she spoke.

Qing Bei meekly remained in his position, allowing her to abuse the top of his head like she would a pet, the expression on his face soft and warm.

"Sis, when I just came back earlier, I heard about a certain matter." Qing Bei seemed to suddenly remember something funny and the ends of his mouth lifted as he said: "It seems like the Duchess is going to come out of seclusion."

"The Duchess?" Qing Yu blinked. "Hasn't she lived in seclusion for so many years and does not ask about worldly affairs?"

For her to suddenly decide to jump back out, could it be a signal that more was at play?

"Because Father told the Chief Steward yesterday that he wants to employ people to flatten and rebuild the Tranquil Abode as the age of the courtyard has become too old and has gotten dilapidated, making it unsafe for us to live in here. He intends to move us into the main lodge up front and live there." Qing Bei then slowly told her about the news he had heard just last night.

"Har?" Qing Yu was filled with delight when she heard that. "Isn't that just appalling enough news to get the Royal Concubines and Lady Concubines jumping up in a fit?"

"Of course it would!" Seeing Qing Yu gloating at others' misfortune, Qing Bei could not help but laugh.

"But, based on that reason, she would definitely come to seek trouble with us here, but it's still so quiet....."

"That's why I say the Duchess is coming out from seclusion. With the main chief having not spoken a word about it yet, how could the others possibly dare to play any tricks?"

'Knock knock knock.'

While the two of them were chatting merrily, a series of knocks sounded from the outside of the door.

Qing Yu arched up an eyebrow and silently signalled for Qing Bei to go inside the room, before she went to open the door. She saw a pretty little lass dressed in maroon coloured clothes standing outside, the smiling eyes on her highly lovable.

She first bowed respectfully and then said smilingly: "Sixth Young Miss, I am the Duchess' personal maid in waiting and my name is Yan Fei. The Duchess has ordered me to come extend an invitation to the Sixth Young Miss and the Second Young Master. Today is the Duchess' fulfilment of her vegetarian fast and she has specially arranged for a banquet to be held, and all the Young Masters and Young Misses in the manor are invited to come for a meal."

Qing Yu smiled. "Thank you Miss, we know it now."

Yan Fei was stood there frozen for a moment, seemingly not expecting to hear such a short and curt reply after she had said so much, and the usually glib tongued little maid suddenly found herself at a loss for words.

"Is there anything else?" Qing Yu asked as she looked at her frozen in her spot, finding it a little amusing.

Yan Fei snapped back to her senses. "There's nothing else. Yan Fei will then take her leave."

Finishing what she came to say, she turned and left with hurried steps.

"What was that for?" Qing Bei stuck his head out from inside and asked, looking at the figure who had gone a good distance away.

Qing Yu pulled him inside the house. "The Duchess is holding a highly duplicitous banquet, and has specially invited everyone to attend. I am guessing that she is seeking to make it a threatening show of the power she holds, to make us stay in line and not dare dream of doing anything impractical."

"Looks like the manner that Father is treating us has gotten under her skin this time." Qing Bei's eyes dimmed. "Vegetarian fast? Humph! It's just an excuse."

[That vicious woman will really follow the way of Buddha? Having committed so many evil deeds, it would be too good for her if she is not condemned into Hell.]

"If we do not go, then she might very well pin onto our heads the crime of showing contempt to the Duchess, and we will not be able to live in peace." Qing Bei shook his head as he said with a bitter laugh.

"What you are saying sounds reasonable enough." Qing Yu commented as she tapped the tip of her finger upon the table. "In that case, I shall then take the first step to make a deterring show of power first."

She had always like to make the first move, and was not used to allowing herself to suffer in a disadvantaged position.

Hence, when high noon came, the inside of the main house was already filled with people seated inside.

The two Royal Concubines were seated directly one seat down from the main seat on the left and right, followed by the four Lady Concubines according to rank, and three other concubines, with the other five Young Misses of the Duke's Manor at the end.

Chapter 24: Life's Just a Great Big Show Everywhere

It was a straight flush of women.

But, the expressions on their faces were exceptionally interesting to see.

There was doubt, surprise, and a series of complex emotions, but with the exception of joy.

Everyone in the manor knew that the Duchess was no simple character. Although the outside world praised her to be a perfect and virtuous wife, gentle and generous, but only those who have really spent some time together with her knew that the woman was not as harmless as she seemed to be on the surface.

Here they were seated for almost a good two hours already and she still had not arrived.

She had clearly been the one who sent people to come inform them of the time and out of respect for her, they had all come a quarter of an hour earlier. But two hours have passed now and there hadn't been a sign of her at all.

But no one dared to harbour any complaint. The other party was not only the Eternal Peace Duke's Manor's Lady proper, she was also the only daughter of the highly ranked High General Mo, who served two generations of the reigning regime. With her illustrious identity placed prominently before her, it was enough to make everyone swallow back down any indignance most readily.

After about another stick of incense's time has passed, the people then saw two figures come walking slowly in from outside.

One of them was dressed in maroon, with pretty looks, the Duchess' most trusted personal aide, Yan Fei.

She was holding the other person, who was formally dressed in beautiful and noble sapphire blue, her figure still slender and her skin fair and smooth, looking rather young and pretty, though she was a woman close to forty. She had maintained herself to look like a young lady who had just gotten married, still fully able to capture people's hearts.

Looks like in the past years that she shut herself in in seclusion, she had not only been keeping to a vegetarian fast!

All the ladies' hearts were filled with all kinds of jealous envy and hatred, but none of them dared to display a lack of etiquette, with everyone standing up to greet: "Our respects to the Duchess."

Mo Han Yan stepped in slowly to walk over to the main seat. After she sat down, she then opened her mouth to say without emotion: "Have a seat!"

"Thank you Duchess!"

"The Duchess I, am not feeling too well, and as I been keeping to a vegetarian fast and needed to cleanse myself, I was delayed for awhile. I must have kept everyone waiting for a long time." Mo Han Yan with courteous etiquette, but there wasn't the slightest sliver of apology behind her words.

"Haha. The Duchess is too courteous. It does not matter at all for us to wait for awhile. Health is more important." Who didn't know how to spout these words of polite courtesy? The Left Royal Concubine Bai Qing was incredibly smooth and slick, a highly socially adept person, skilled at smoothing things over, and she had resolved that tense atmosphere so very easily.

"In that case, then let's dine!" Mo Han Yan curled up her lips, in a manner that felt rather disdainful, when her eyes suddenly raised up slightly. "Where are those two children from the Tranquil Abode?"

The moment those words came out, everyone began to look left and right to search, but after searching a full round, it was still to no avail.

Most of the people in there did not have much of an impression about the residents of the Tranquil Abode.

But, for Yan Xi Ruo and Yan Xi Wu, the two of them had recently just seen Qing Yu and it was clear to them that she had not come at all. Ever since they had been stirred to become rather out of sorts at the Tranquil Abode the last time, the two of them had been acting as if they had been possessed, subconsciously wanting to protect her, so they clamped their mouths shut and did not say a word.

"Yan Fei, are you certain that everyone has been informed?" Han Mo Yan's eyes were dark, her face showing a thin veil of rage.

Yan Fei at her side immediately replied: "Duchess, the Tranquil Abode was the first one I informed and I do not know why they have not come."

Mo Han Yan suddenly slammed her silver chopsticks onto the table and said in a cold voice. "They are really putting on quite an arrogant air!"

That loud sound immediately made everyone jump in shock, their hearts feeling jittery.

Mo Han Yan's face looked like it was filled with ominous dark clouds, highly terrifying.

She had intentionally come here late by two whole hours to make all these women properly remember who the real lady of the house was.

Never had she thought that someone would dare to challenge her!

"Duchess, please appease your anger. Why not I go there once more....." Yan Fei asked in a soft voice.

"No need!" Mo Han Yan snorted coldly. "The Duchess I, will go there myself."

With that, it was feared that those two people from the Tranquil Abode were about to meet with disaster.

Just as everyone's mind were filled with their own thoughts, the rumble of wheels rolling on the ground slowly reached their ears, and a slender figured white clothed young lady slowly approached as she pushed the youth in on his wheelchair.

The young girl was bewitchingly beautiful, and gazing upon her made their heart's spirits soar.

Although the youth in the wheelchair looked slightly frail and weak, his complexion pale, but his looks were still highly outstanding, a certain kind of handsomeness with more fragile types of talent.

The young girl pushed the wheelchair, walking in unhurriedly.

Qing Yu surveyed her eyes one round over the room, smiling and nodding to the ladies before she looked at the beautiful Lady on the main seat whose face was showing an unfriendly expression.

"Really sorry Duchess. Because my younger brother is crippled in both his legs, he is unable to walk. And as my body is weak, we came here late." Qing Yu said softly, her face remorseful.

She was already originally good looking, and with her brows now creased up in apologetic remorse, she looked just absolutely pitiful and helpless.

But Han Mo Yan was not moved in the slightest, her gaze staring at the face that was a little too good looking. "I have waited a full two hours for you. Just how weak are you that you have to walk two whole hours to reach here?"

The moment those words came out, the other women below were all silently cursing in their hearts. [Isn't she being too shameless here? She had clearly been putting on airs when she made all of them wait for two hours earlier and she isn't feeling the least bit embarrassed to say those words?]

From the time she came and sat down till now, it was thought that the chair under her behind had not even been warmed!

Because of the indignant hatred all of them had towards Mo Han Yan, they all began to feel a twinge of sympathy for Qing Yu.

[This pair of siblings have such a tough life. It's feared that they are in for a bad time today.]

With Mo Han Yan finding fault with her, the little young girl's face became more aggrieved. "Duchess..... You must have known that the Tranquil Abode is the most remote place in the entire Duke's Manor..... To walk all the way here, two hours..... is already very quick."

What she said was really not untrue as the Eternal Peace Duke's Manor is the largest manor around with the exception of the Imperial Palace. If one wanted to tour the entire place they would have to take a horse carriage or a palanquin as if they were to go one full round on foot, their feet would have swollen right up.

Which among all those ladies and young misses there were not used to fine clothes and gourmet food on a daily basis and used to being waited upon hand and foot? Asking them to walk for two whole hours it was feared that they would have long collapsed from exhaustion on the ground and not be able to get up at all.

And the Tranquil Abode was indeed the most remote place throughout the entire manor.

Among the places the others lived in, some were rather faraway as well but they were still able to reach here within a few quarters with the furthest one among them taking an hour at most.

If they were to really go to the Tranquil Abode, it would already take them an hour by horse carriage, not to mention these two unfavoured children born from a commoner mother, who were not even given the right to take the horse carriage.

In their hearts, they began to pity the two young children.

Mo Han Yan had not thought that the young lass would even dare to talk back and her eyes widened. "Are you saying that the Duchess I, am purposely making things difficult for you?"

"Qing Yu doesn't dare. But..... we really did not mean to come late and we plead for the Duchess to not place blame onto us." The young lady lowered her eyes submissively, looking so innocent and pitiful, which made it impossible for Mo Han Yan to do anything even when she wanted to find trouble with Qing Yu.

"Forget it. Sit down and eat!" Mo Han Yan's brows creased up, taking the lead to pick up her chopsticks first. With the day's events having dragged on for so long, she was really feeling rather hungry.

Qing Yu relayed her thanks and pushed Qing Bei closer to the dining table before she took a seat herself. Because they had come late, they sat at the furthest end.

During the meal, it was quiet at the table. Because they were all women in a noble family, they had been well instructed in manners and etiquette from young, where they were not allowed to speak while eating, and to be silent when they sleep. They were not even supposed to make any noise while chewing their food.

But today, it seemed that they would not be able to maintain the silence they had become accustomed to.

At that moment, everyone paused with their chopsticks in their hands, to stare speechlessly at the other end of the dining table.

"Little Bei, eat this. Mm..... This one tastes rather great."

"Have more meat. Look at how skinny you are. The youths who are your age in other places are more buff than you."

"Eat a little bit more. Fill up your stomach and you will not have to eat later at night. I have never eaten such good dishes before."

"Living without knowing when your next meal is going to come has been really tough. The Duchess is really so nice, that she would specially ask us to come for a meal."

.....

Qing Yu was just heaping it all into her mouth, and also piling the food she picked up onto Qing Bei's bowl, making a small mountain form up on it.

It was all a assortment of meats in his bowl, a greasy and oily mountain. The youth did not say a word, but just lowered his head as he took small bites of the food, seemingly rather shy.

But who would have known that the reason he had his head lowered was because he was fighting to hold his laughter in, not wanting a single sound to escape out of his mouth. The Heavens knew that this was the first time he was seeing this side of his sister and he saw that she really knew how to pour it on, her acting so realistic that even he himself was almost taken in by her.

Across from him, Qing Yu was still chattering on as she ate, the sound of her chewing exceptionally loud.

That was not all. She had even moved several dishes that she liked more right in front of her, and digging into it by herself, looking like she had not eaten anything in years.

Mouthful after mouthful was stuffed right into her mouth, making every wonder just how the stomach of a tiny petite little one like her was able to contain so much.

"That is just absolutely boorish and crude!" Mo Han Yan was so furious her face was all red. "To think that a Young Miss of the Eternal Peace Duke's Manor would be so uncouth and unschooled in etiquette and manners. Just look at how you look now. You are no different from the riff raffs among the commoners. Has the Duchess, I mistreated you? Have I not given you food to eat!?"

Qing Yu was eating happily away and with that sudden scare, she almost choked on her food, driving her to quickly take a gulp of water to catch her breath.

"Duchess, my brother and I have really not eaten anything so nice for such a long time already. We are given only two steamed buns everyday..... and we are just too hungry." Qing Yu said as she lowered her head in aggrievement. "It's alright if I do not eat, but as my younger brother is not well, seeing him not even able to fill his stomach everyday just pains me greatly. I understand that there are a great number of people in the Duke's Manor and we are living in a destitute condition with Father always killing off enemies out on the battlefield. I do not dare ask for too much. Can we be given a few more steamed buns in future....."

Seemingly overwhelmed by sorrow, the young girl kept her head lowered and could not say another word, her shoulders shaking as she choked on her sobs.

"Cough cough cough....." While those words rang out, several suppressed and stifled coughs were heard from the frail and skinny youth, which made the sibling pair look even more pitiful.

Among all the females present, with the lone exception of Mo Han Yan, every other single woman there was moved, their eyes filled with sympathy and pity.

The Duchess had really been too petty. It was to two such young children and she could really treat them so harshly.

If the young girl had not spoken of it today, they would not have known that the Eternal Peace Duke's Manor had become so thrifty.

Even the servants had meat for every meal. Although the Tranquil Abode was not favoured, but they were afterall still a legitimate Young Master and Young Miss of the Duke's Manor, was it really that hard for them to just be able to fill their stomachs?"

Mo Han Yan saw all the woman below her looking at her with reproach in their eyes and her face almost turned green from anger. She slammed her hand hard on the table. "That is complete hogwash!"

Chapter 25: The Truth Back Then

Seeing her looking like she was about to stamp her feet in rage, Qing Yu smiled to herself in her heart, but her face did not change at all. "Qing Yu will not dare to lie. If the Duchess does not believe me, you can investigate into it."

Mo Han Yan did not say anything, but the gaze that stared at Qing Yu was dark and filled with venom. The lass had really embarrassed her and it had really infuriated her!

"Haha, that must be a misunderstanding." Bai Qing saw that the atmosphere had turned extremely tense and she laughed feebly as she stood up to mediate. "The Duchess has lived in seclusion for many years and although she still handled the manor's internal affairs, having to take care of so many people would inevitably result in some things being overlooked. It must be due to some foolish mistake committed by some bumbling servants in the manor. Just get the steward to go look into the matter and everything will be resolved."

As she spoke, she looked gently at the aggrieved looking young girl and said: "Don't worry. With the Duchess watching over you, the two of you will not be unfairly treated from now on."

"Thank you Royal Concubine, thank you Duchess." Qing Yu cast a grateful glance onto Bai Qing, and then looked hopefully at Mo Han Yan.

With Bai Qing having stirred things to reach such a stage, if Mo Han Yan did not do anything about the lass' situation, then she would be seen as petty and narrow minded, one without the generosity of the heart to accept others.

Mo Han Yan took a deep breath, and fought hard to suppress the rage that filled her chest, pausing at every word like they had been squeezed out through the gaps between her gritted teeth. "As the Duchess, I..... will naturally ensure it."

"Yan Fei."

"Your servant is here. What orders does the Duchess have?"

"Convey my word. From now on, everything that the Tranquil Abode eats, wears, uses, and lives in, will be of the same standards as the ladies in the manor, and that the servants must be able to differentiate and identify the positions of master and servant. If it is discovered that there are any instances of errant servants who do not know their place and oversteps their boundaries to offend their masters, they will all be thrown out of the manor, without exception. If any of such news is spread outside, there will be much gossip about the Duke's Manor."

But compared to having the Tranquil Abode completely rebuilt and carry out a major reconstruction, this was still better.

"With this, are you satisfied?" Mo Han Yan snorted derisively. "I heard that His Highness wanted to rebuild the Tranquil Abode. You should know, that it will mean spending a great deal of money and time....."

"Duchess, you can be assured that I will speak with Father. My younger brother and I have gotten used to staying in the Tranquil Abode and we do not wish for there to be any changes." Qing Yu had already guessed what she was going to say, and she immediately took over the mic from her with a wide smile.

Looking at the young girl's face with such an obedient smile, Mo Han Yan's heart then subconsciously had a feeling that she seemed to have been swindled.

But she immediately denied it herself. [The lass only has great looks. Humph! When it comes to the mind, the lass would not be able to fight her at all.]

That woman had completely snatched away the Duke's heart back then and she must not just sit back and await death, to allow that woman's children to steal the limelight from her once again!

After awhile, under all that incredibly abnormal atmosphere, each of them carrying their own inner demons, the women finished that most uncomfortable and repressive meal they ever had. If they disregarded the Tranquil Abode's sibling pair's irredeemable table etiquette, and Mo Han Yan's face that had changed colours like a colouring palette, everything else was rather great.

But, from then onwards, Mo Han Yan would probably not ever ask that pair of siblings to come to the main house to dine anymore. The disgust was already too much for her.

But to not have to spend such a great amount of money to reconstruct the Tranquil Abode had saved them a big expenditure. Not just for Mo Han Yan, the other were also over the moon with happiness, as the money saved would be enough for them to buy a whole season's worth of clothes.

Coming to the main house for the banquet, Qing Yu had indeed took her time to leisurely stroll for two whole hours before they reached, but for the way back, Qing Yu employed a trick, with a single shift in dimensional space, they returned to the Tranquil Abode in a blink.

With nobody watching them anymore, Qing Bei no longer pretended to be crippled but nervously walked over before Qing Yu. "Sis, you ate so much with your act earlier. Aren't you feeling uncomfortable?"

Although it was just an act, but she had gone too far. She had always had a small appetite and Qing Bei had never seen her eat so much. Moreover, they had all been greasy meat dishes where even he had only taken a pretentious little bite of those meats himself.

"I did not eat anything!" Qing Yu said as she blinked her eyes innocently.

"I clearly saw you eat so much!" Qing Bei's were wide as he stared. They had been sitting just across each other, and at that close distance, how could he possibly be mistaken?

"I really did not eat anything." Qing Yu spread her hands wide helplessly. "It was merely a quick sleight of hand. The food were all shifted out from my mouth, and I did not eat a single bite."

"What?" Qing Bei's face was incredulous. "Shifted out to where??"

"You know those ferocious dogs that are kept in the Duke's Manor? I gave all of it to them. I am guessing that they're now all full and contented and snoring in their sleep!" Qing Yu said with a laugh.

When one cultivated the Buried Soul Arts to a certain level, they would be able to fast completely without any sustenance at all. At times when she cultivated, it was common for her to not even take a drop of water at all for an entire month.

And when she ate, it was in very small portions. She did not eat to fill her stomach, but only because of the loneliness of the mouth, just feeling that chewing something would alleviate the urge.

Hearing her explain, Qing Bei then nodded his head as it dawned on him. "So that's what happened. I had been worried that you might have overstuffed yourself by eating so much!"

"Moron. Am I the kind of fool that drags myself into it when scheming against people?' Qing Yu rolled her eyes at him indignantly.

His mouth then split into a bashful smile.

Qing Yu sat down and poured herself a cup of water before she took a sip. She then smiled and said: "With this, that woman most probably would not carelessly come find trouble with us anymore. After this time, I believe she knows that I am not one that is easily manipulated. But if just the reconstruction of the Tranquil Abode was able to force her to come out of seclusion, I am a little suspicious how that woman was able to swallow her pride and remain silent for so many years."

Once those words came out of her mouth, she saw Qing Bei looking at her gravely. Without waiting for her to ask aloud, he gave a long sigh and said: "Although you have always said..... that you are not the real Qing Yu, but having just heard you say these words, it seems, that I really have to believe you, that..... Qing Yu..... really isn't here anymore."

"Our mother, left just after giving birth to us. The Duchess had always been jealous of Mother, hated Mother. Hence even after she's no longer around, the Duchess still detests the place that Mother had lived in before, and Mother's children." Qing Bei's face was grave and serious, his clear and good looking upslanted eyes fixed straight on her. "In actual fact, Qing Yu and I..... are not Father's biological children, but the truth of this matter..... is known only to Father and the Duchess."

His hands had unconsciously clenched up into fists, seemingly trying very hard to suppress something inside, struggling so much that the green veins were visibly bulging up on the back of his hands.

Qing Yu did not say anything, but merely looked at him quietly. The youth must be struggling very hard in his heart at that moment, faced with the past that he had never wanted to recall.

What she could do, was only to listen attentively.

"I had only come to learn of it when I accidentally overheard the Duchess' conversation with her subordinate."

The youth closed his eyes, his voice suddenly turning a little hoarse. "But most unfortunately, I was discovered. She ordered for people to break both my legs, and forced poison that could turn me into an idiot down my throat."

"That year, I was only five."

"When other children were indulging in fun and laughter with abandon, all running wildly and playing, I was confined in my wheelchair, like a bird whose wings were clipped, yearning to soar in the sky, which was all just a hopeless longing."

When the youth opened his eyes again, his eyes were red and bloodshot, the garish colour of blood letting Qing Yu see a kind of sorrow she had never seen before.

Her heart suddenly sank deeply, an intense hatred seemingly having spread into her from him, sharing the same sentiment.

Looking back throughout her past life, Qing Yu had been betrayed by her closest kin, and made used of by her family clan. But as she had been living in those circumstances from a very young age, her heart had long died, without feeling the slightest ripple of emotion.

Even when at the end of it, when even her last hope was destroyed, she had only felt being really tired of that filthy world, and did not want to live anymore.

Revenge?

She had never once thought of it.

With the kind of powers she had then, toppling that world would just be merely lifting a finger.

But even if that world disappeared, so what?

In the end, wouldn't she still be alone by herself, muddling through her life without meaning.

So she had chosen to die away quietly, as once she was dead, then there would be no more struggling, no more scheming and deceit, where she would no longer have to see the ugly faces of those hypocrites. With her dying a quiet death, the world would then be complete, and how great was that.

Ha..... Was she really such a noble person?

Hey, maybe she was a hypocrite herself. Always thinking that she's a saviour, caring for all under the Heavens.

But there were also things that she was powerless against.

Like when she saw those friends who treated her with true hearts die because of her, besides watching them breathing their very last breath right before her eyes, there was nothing she could do.

So when she was reborn into this world, she believed only in one thing. And that was to live for herself, to live for people whom she wanted to protect. But before that, she needed to possess unparalleled and unmatched power and authourity!

Qing Yu reached out a hand, and gently ran it over the top of those red bloodshot eyes. "It alright now. Little Bei, I will make sure that all the suffering you've endured will be all paid back bit by bit."

The youth's body stiffened for a second and then slowly relaxed. The eyes under her hand blinked lightly twice. "You..... will always be by my side..... right?"

She said that she was a soul from another world. Then would she also have to disappear one fine day?

Sensing his unease, Qing Yu reached out and hugged him lightly. "I will. I will always be with you."

When she had died in her previous life, it had been because she had no more lingering worry. But here in this current life, she would not allow for any element to be able to threaten her, and to anyone she treasured.

Anything that obstructed her way forward, she would..... eliminate them all one by one!

———

The Crown Prince's Palace had received an esteemed guest who had been staying in there for the past few days already.

Exact details about the identity of the person was not known but endless delicacies and fine wine were sent in there everyday. The palace servants inside merely served the guest respectfully and did not dare slack off in the slightest.

At that moment, upon the cosy and beautiful carved wood lounge chair in the ancillary courtyard, laid a man who had his eyes closed, dozing soundly.

The sound of light footsteps came in from outside, and the eyelids of the man twitched slightly, his eyes opening.

Someone pushed the door open to enter, a tall and slim figure dressed in an ivory coloured long robe covered with a dragon motif, his features gentle and handsome, the Crown Prince himself, Xuanyuan Che.

"How are you feeling? Are you still feeling any discomfort anywhere?" Xuanyuan Che asked, as he raised a hand to take the other man's pulse.

The other man pulled his hand back, and gave Xuanyuan Che a disgruntled glance. "I've already said that I'm fine. You're such a nag."

A twitch formed at Xuanyuan Che's temple, and he said with a mirthless smile: "You think I really want to come bother myself with you? It's just that if you come to die here in my Crown Prince's Palace, it will cause me all sorts of unnecessary trouble."

Chapter 26: Stirrings of Love in the Youth

"Tsk. How cold blooded. We are still brothers afterall you know!" The man said as he clicked his tongue at the corner of his mouth. Climbing down off the soft lounge, he picked up the flask of wine from the table and took a long drag from its spout.

The crystal clear liquid spilled out from one end of his lips and dripped down from his perfectly sculpted chin, running down his neck and into his clothes.

"Ah Chi, I told you that you must not drink for awhile!" Xuanyuan Che creased up his brows, reaching out with his large hand to snatch the wine flask over.

The man was not bothered but merely propped his chin on one hand to look at Xuanyuan Che. "Is the Crown Prince always such a busybody? That he doesn't even allow people to drink?"

It had not been clear earlier with the light behind him, but after he had turned around, it could be seen that the man was extremely good looking, his pair of eyes that could smile from birth were able to hook away a person's soul, those brows more alluring and seductive that a woman's.

A pair of full luscious lips, glistening brightly under the nourishment of wine, were incomparably enchanting. They were curved up in a devilish smiling arc at that moment, giving of a feeling of a bad boy.

Xuanyuan Che could not help but lost his senses for a moment, before his gaze deepened. "I heard that Father came to see you. Did you reject him?"

"What a joke. He thinks he can see me just because he wants to. Who does he think he is!?"

"Xuanyuan Chi, he is your Imperial Father!" Xuanyuan Che was a little displeased, and he called out his full name.

The man put a finger in his ear to dig it nonchalantly as he cast a sideways glance at Xuanyuan Che. "Have you gotten old and have grown forgetful? Ten years ago, he had already decreed to the world that he has broken off all ties with me! If not for you, I will not even care to come to this place!"

Pausing for a while, he then continued: "And one more thing. I am now called Mu Chi. Don't call me by the wrong name. Xuanyuan is the Imperial Family's surname and anyone using that surname carelessly will have to lose his head, and I still want to live for a few more years!"

Xuanyuan Che's eyes then dimmed.

The two of them, were originally the two most qualified candidates in competition to become the heir apparent to the throne.

But because of an unforeseen accident, Xuanyuan Chi incurred the wrath of the Green Wave Emperor, causing him to fly into a rage and removed his title as a prince, completely severing their ties as Father and son.

But the real reason behind it was not known by anyone.

Xuanyuan Che's character had been cold and one of indifference from young and only Xuanyuan Chi was able to really get him to play together. Hence, the two of them had naturally been inseparably close.

That incident had happened too suddenly and even Xuanyuan Che had not been prepared for it.

But Xuanyuan Chi who had always talked to him about everything had not said a word about that to him. After he endured the palace's punishment, he had then left the place without any hesitation.

And with that departure, it was for ten whole years.

Xuanyuan Che had only just met him about a year ago, the brothers reunited.

But it seemed like something had changed.

He was clearly still a jovial guy, who loves to play and laugh, but between them..... there seemed to be a certain kind of obstacle, and they were no longer able to return back to the way they were before.

Xuanyuan Che sat down beside him, and slowly opened his mouth to say: "Just why did you..... have to leave, to abandon your brother so callously?"

Back then, they had clearly said that, they would be brothers for life, never turning their backs to that brotherhood.

Mu Chi smiled, and slapped Xuanyuan Che on the back of his shoulder. "Why are you doing looking so gravely depressed? Who abandoned you, you strange freak? Is it because you couldn't find anyone to play with when I was not around?"

Xuanyuan Che stared fixedly at him, there wasn't the slightest bit of mirth in his expression.

Seeing Xuanyuan Che looking like that, Mu Chi then sighed and said helplessly: "Alright. I said that we are brothers, and we forever will be. No matter for whatever reason, it will never change."

That just clearly showed that he was not willing to speak much about that.

Xuanyuan Che's eyes were dark, and he did not force the issue. Ah Chi looked outwardly like a completely heartless fella, but his heart and mind were sensitive and meticulous. If he did not want to speak about it, then no one would be able to get anything out of him no matter how much one asked.

"That's right, I wanted to ask how did you get injured? You got yourself into such a wretched state."

The moment he asked that, Mu Chi's smile on his face immediately congealed, and he then said seemingly rather discomfited. "I don't even want to speak about that. I went out with my friends to reminisce about old times while having a few drinks. On the way back, I just had to stumble into a intense fight between two great forces in the pugilist world. I did not want to draw trouble to myself and was just about to make detour around them when those people suddenly assumed that I was going to make a report and tell on them, where they then attacked me like mad."

Xuanyuan Che grinned and said: "I've told you that drinking will only bring you trouble and you refuse to listen. The day will come that you could be killed by a knife in the back and you won't even know."

This fella had already begun to sneak into the Imperial wine cellar and stole wine to drink when he was just three years old. Hence, he had trained his body to develop a great tolerance for wine, sober after a thousand cups, drinking wine like he was drinking water.

Hearing the admonishing words, Mu Chi remained indifferent but just curled his mouth up in a sneer. Suddenly remembering something, the corners of his mouth then curled up and that good looking and handsome face became more excited in an instant.

Xuanyuan Che arched up an eyebrow. "What are you thinking of that made you so happy?"

"Huh? Nothing." Mu Chi shook his head with a smile. "Ah yes. Big Brother, aren't you engaged to the Duke of Eternal Peace's daughter? How is it progressing? When do you intend to get married?"

Xuanyuan Che was taken aback a moment. "Why are you asking about that?"

"I'm just showing you some concern!" Mu Chi blinked his eyes lovingly. "I heard that this Yan Ning Ruo is a rare beauty throughout the lands, and only the Water Edge Kingdom's Ninth Princess can match up to her beauty under the Heavens. You've really become the envy of people."

"If you like, why not you marry her?" Xuanyuan Che's lips stiffened as he said, his mouth an imperceptible smile.

"No no no, that must not happen. I do not have that kind of fortune. Firstly, I have no money, and secondly, I hold not authourity. Even just marrying a woman from a good family will be hard for me!" Mu Chi's face was looking sorrowful and forlorn, his brows knitted in grief.

Xuanyuan Che could not help but kick out with his foot at him. "You're still crying here about being poor? Do you think that I do not know that you took out a million in gold a few days ago? Why did you need so much money?"

Mu Chi lifted an eyebrow up. "You're spying on me?"

"What spying!? I had merely come over to see you and I unintentionally overheard you giving orders to your subordinates."

"Oh I see....." Mu Chi rubbed his chin. "It wasn't anything much. I was poisoned and injured, but was saved by someone. That was the remuneration that I promised the other party."

Xuanyuan Che's brows jumped up violently. [Has this fella been conned and he doesn't even realize it?]

[It was a million! And in gold!]

[That would be enough to buy an entire city already you know? Isn't person just committing daylight robbery!?]

"Who is this person that saved you?" Xuanyuan Che asked with his brows knitted up.

"What are you thinking of doing?"

"Humph. That is pure extortion. A million in gold. You're so generous aren't you? Giving it out just like that."

"Isn't my life not worth that one million in gold?" Mu Chi snorted derisively. "Don't tell me you're going to ask for it back? As the Crown Prince of the country, aren't you being a little too petty?"

Xuanyuan Che burst into mocking laughter from anger. "Seeing that you've been extorted of a million in gold, you seem to still be rather happy about it aren't you?"

"It's only a million in gold, merely a drop in the ocean to me. Heh, all those people were so eager to flatter me they were all rushing forward, only too happy to pay for me foolishly. It's not my money anyway, what's paid is paid!" Mu Chi's eyes were two crescent arcs, his face split with a harmless and benign smile, looking just like an obedient boy next door.

This fella had great looks, a highly intelligent mind, and possessed great gift in cultivation.

Although he had been stripped of his title as a prince, but the lad still had a Master who was from one of the Three Great Sects of the lands, the Limitless Sect.

He was the last disciple accepted by the Master and was also the youngest among the disciples. Great looking and with a honeyed tongue, he was greatly doted upon by his seniors male and female alike. However big the amount of people who were fighting tooth and nail seeking to gain the instruction of the Limitless Sect's Sect Leader would mean that the same number of people would be fawning on and trying to win the favour of this most favoured disciple in the inner circle. Hence, it could well be imagined how rich this fella could very well be.

So, a million taels in gold to him, really did not mean much.

Xuanyuan Che sighed, feeling really helpless against him.

"Alright alright. don't stay here to give me such looks anymore. Hurry up and go busy yourself with your own things. Yawn~ I'll sleep for awhile more." Mu Chi yawned lazily, and waved his hand dismissively at Xuanyuan Che, before he climbed back up onto the soft lounge. Turning his back to the Crown Prince, Mu Chi then fell asleep.

Xuanyuan Che was speechless. "...."

——

Qing Yu had been helping her younger brother to train his actual combat abilities the past few days and she also had to engage in a battle of wits and guts with Mo Han Yan.

And those Ladies and Young Misses who were so idle with nothing better to do were intermittently coming in through her doors as well. It was only till she had some free time that she came to realize that she had forgotten about her promise to go purge the poison for Lou Jun Yao another time after a few days.

She changed into a set of male clothing and disguised her face slightly before she went out through a side door.

The Gathered Cloud Loft was two streets away from the Duke's Manor, in a dark alley. Saying that it was far, it really wasn't all that long a distance away. It was about time for dinner and there wasn't too many people on the street or Qing Yu would have been stuck for quite a while, blocked by the crowd before she would be able to get out.

Actually if she were to disguise her looks to become uglier, then she wouldn't attract that much attention. But she had found that too bothersome and was too lazy to spend so much effort just to turn her face into one that she would not be able to recognize herself.

She traversed past two streets and was just walking into the alley where she would soon see the Gathered Cloud Loft.

"Miss!" A nice sounding voice tinged with smiles suddenly rang out.

Qing Yu lifted a brow, guessing that it must be a young couple out and about. The setting sun's rays were beautiful. [Arranging to meet at dusk, yup. It's great to be young.]

"Miss, why are you ignoring me?" The voice had become a little mournful. She guessed that the young lad must have made his sweetheart unhappy and his sweetheart must be throwing a tantrum.

Qing Yu was confident she was right and she continued her way forward. [Mm, almost there at last.]

A gust of wind suddenly blew past her from behind, and a person was suddenly standing in front of her. Dressed in silver, slender and tall figure, a head of black hair bound up by a single silver hair band, looking refreshed and highly trained.

It was a young man who looked to be about seventeen or eighteen years old, his smiling eyes making him easily likeable, not to mention his exceptionally handsome good looks, a splendid example of a fine young man.

When one saw beautiful things, their moods were always great.

And Qing Yu was no exception.

But, having him appear so suddenly in front of her to block her way, and addressing her as..... Miss, that wasn't really all that great for her.

"This Young Master here, are we acquainted?" Qing Yu said, smiling gently and gracefully.

Who else would this handsome lad be but Mu Chi?

He had immediately come keep watch outside the Eternal Peace Duke's Manor the moment he awoke and had waited so long before he saw her come out. Don't even ask how he was still able to recognize her even after she had disguised herself before she came out.

Because..... he would never admit, back at that time when he was barely conscious from the poison, he had felt himself surrounded by the aura emanating from this young lady that made him feel so ease, and that was a feeling that he would not fail to recognize.

Moreover, she possessed such a beautiful pair of eyes.

[But..... why is she not able to remember her already?]

Chapter 27: Are You Going To Offer Yourself In Marriage?

Once Mu Chi realized that she had forgotten who he was, he immediately said a little anxiously: "Miss, look carefully. Do you really not remember me?"

Qing Yu arched up an eyebrow. "Am I supposed to remember you?"

"You've forgotten that you saved me the other night and that I have even gotten people to deliver a million taels of gold right before your door?" Mu Chi's face was serious as he tried to explain.

Qing Yu's face did not show the slightest change in expression, but in her heart, she had already carefully looked over this fella from head to toe. The night he was poisoned, his face had been bruised and it was impossible to see how he looked clearly. But she could now see that he wasn't all that bad looking at all!

[Still, how was he able to recognize her through her disguise?]

Not to mention that he was just a stranger whom she had only met once, even Little Bei had been stunned for a good while the first time he saw her looking like this.

"Look here lad, you have a good look as well." Qing Yu smiled and stretched her hand out to tap him on the shoulder. "I, am male. Although I'm quite good looking, but for you to address a guy as Miss, that is an insult to me."

The corner of Mu Chi's mouth twitched. "Miss, let's not parry with Tai Chi anymore alright? I saw you coming out of the Eternal Peace Duke's Manor's back door with my own eyes. Just admit it would you?"

Qing Yu did not say a word. "....." [This kid really isn't being cute at all.]

With all that's been said, there was no meaning in continuing to play dumb. Qing Yu herself was not a person who played coy all that much and she immediately gave helpless shrug of his shoulders. "Alright. I'll admit it. What do you want by following behind me like this?"

Mu Chi's face then split into a smile, his eyes bright and sparkling with blinding brilliance. His eyes enchanting, he said: "I would like to know you. My name is Mu Chi."

"Mm. Su Yan." Qing Yu said with a nod of his head, making up a random name. "You know me now. That's should be all right? I still have business to attend to and we'll part here." Upon saying that, she went right past him and continued her way forward.

Mu Chi froze a moment and then hastened to catch up. "Where are you going? Can I help?"

"No need. Thanks."

"You don't need to be so courteous with me. You are my saviour afterall and I still want to repay you!"

"You've paid me my remuneration and we do not owe each other anything."

"A drop of water's benevolence must be repaid as a gushing spring. Moreover, a debt of benevolence for having saved another person life is one great as the Heavens. That is not something that mere material things like money can possibly offset."

Qing Yu suddenly halted her steps and turned herself around with an eyebrow raised to look at the lad with a serious face. "Then what do you want to do?"

"I....." He had been so righteous sounding just one moment ago when he suddenly turned coy and squeamish, his eyes looking slightly evasive.

Qing Yu burst out laughing upon seeing him like this and said mockingly: "You can't possibly be thinking to offer yourself up in marriage are you?"

Upon meeting those devilishly alluring eyes of hers, and that expression with that imperceptible smile, Mu Chi's heart grew flustered.

He then thought of how all women all the way up to eighty years old and even children down to four years old were always so easily coaxed by that glib silver tongue of his.

But before the young lady here, he had suddenly become inarticulate and awkward, unable to even complete his sentences.

She was teasing him jokingly and with a such a wicked expression on her face, no different from that of a thug taking liberties with a good young lady, but alas, wrapped in such a great looking flesh exterior, not only was one unable to get angry, it would make people more than willing to suffer from it.

For the first time, Mu Chi felt that he had become a little strange, and he did not know what was happening to him.

He just kept his eyes lowered and squirmed coyly there for a good while. Waiting till he had finally summoned up his courage, he raised his head up. Only to discover that there was no one in front of him at all.

"I'm really such an idiot!" He howled in frustration, and then raised a hand up to hit himself viciously on the head.

[What is there to be so shy about!? He is a man!]

[The young lady had not even shown any bashfulness and here he was acting all shy. Really, even he was beginning to despise himself.]

Mu Chi was feeling rather depressed. He had lost the person just like that.

"But..... At least he got to know her name..... Su Yan. What a nice sounding name."

He tried to comfort and reassure himself for awhile and then walked out from the alley. The sun was setting over the western horizon. Mm. Time to find a winehouse for a few drinks.

After Qing Yu shook off her tail, she did not go in through the front door but just sprung herself straight up to leap atop a wall, and stood high up there to watch the foolish lad walk a far distance away before she blew out a breath in relief.

[Fortunately he did not follow all the way up here.]

"Young Master Qing?"

The past few days had been rather good for Bai Zhi Yan. As the Lord was feeling much better, his mood had naturally become better.

It had been especially easy to talk to Lou Jun Yao these past few days. Like now, he had just suggested to the Lord to go out for a walk to familiarize themselves with the surroundings and the latter had agreed to it so readily.

The two of them had just come out from that sealed room not too long and they've spotted a figure crouched furtively atop the wall.

The Gathered Cloud Loft's construction had a unique layout and even that wall was quite a bit higher than those in most manors.

And their walls were built with special materials, completely smooth and slippery. No need to mention crouching on top of the wall, most people would not even be able to scale that wall at all.

That's right, and some time ago, Lian Ji had told him that this particular little Young Master had a strange habit of not using the front door, but liked to enter by leaping over the walls.

Hence, when Bai Zhi Yan saw the back of that figure, he had immediately been able to recognize it.

Once he spoke, Lou Jun Yao had naturally noticed it as well. The little figure on the wall, a tiny person curled up in a ball, crouched high up above, looking rather adorable and amusing.

But, Qing Yu's attention had been focused on whether that persistent lad had left or not and in the end, someone had called out to her out of the blue, and her body had jumped from the sudden shock, her foot slipping out under her.

Lou Jun Yao's eyes narrowed when he saw that the small figure was going to fall from above and he suddenly stretched his hand out. A gentle force suddenly held onto her, slowing her descent, till she landed safely on the ground.

Qing Yu was astounded for a moment, before she raised her head to nod her head at Lou Jun Yao with a smile. "Thank you."

"It's no trouble. As long as you're fine." Lou Jun Yao then raised an eyebrow, his pair of violet eyes deep. "You have come here for.....?"

"I had some matters to attend to in the past few days and I was so busy I forgot I was supposed to come over. In the end, I had just stepped out through my doors when I encountered a pesky fella." Qing Yu's face was one of helplessness as she opened her palms to say. "I really cannot be too kind. The next time I see anyone being pursued or poisoned by their enemies, I must not let myself save them without thinking."

Lou Jun Yao's gaze paused a moment, and his voice then let out a deep laugh. "Then I have been most fortunate that I was saved by you before that."

Qing Yu blinked her eyes. "You're different."

Lou Jun Yao's demeanour appeared slightly taken aback. "Different?"

"That's right! You're a creditor. I owed you a debt and I cannot refuse to save you!" Qing Yu said jokingly. "Do you have water? I'm dying of thirst. I had to really chatter on for quite a bit earlier."

As she spoke, she walked past the two men, and just went straight inside.

Qing Yu's had always been a candid character and having been here so many times, she had grown to become familiar with the people here.

Added to that was her excellent disguise as a male, possessing an extraordinary air, blessed with Heavenly allure. They were all mostly female inside, and everytime she came here, they all crowded around her like bees to honey, a kind of charm that even Bai Zhi Yan had to admit defeat to.

In the room, Bai Zhi Yan then took up guard by the door.

Lou Jun Yao was propped up and leaning back on the bed, a hand stretched out to rest upon a low side table, as the young youth's porcelain white slender fingers pressed against his wrist, a little cold to the touch.

The pair of alluring long upslanted phoenix like eyes' focus was concentrated on him, as once she used her x-ray vision, her entire person would be fully focused upon it, unable to feel or sense anything on the outside at all, her body in a state highly vulnerable to attacks and other dangers. Hence, Bai Zhi Yan was standing guard outside to protect her.

It's always said that when a person is fully focused on a particular task, that person will exude a particular kind of indescribable charm.

And that was exactly what was happening to Qing Yu at that moment.

Unconsciously, Lou Jun Yao's gaze then paused upon that peerlessly exquisite face on the young youth.

Compared to most regular youths, this kid was slightly taller and more slender, almost looking a little thin, his small body seemingly light, not even two taels worth of flesh on him.

With skin slightly on the pale side, it gave people the feeling he was a weak pale faced little kid. Though he was blessed with devilish looks that could bring ruin onto the world, but an air of righteousness hovered between those brows. People like this held complete disregard for worldly norms and conventions, but were the most righteous and kindest of people.

Lou Jun Yao had lived for several hundred years, and he had never misjudged a person. This young youth, was a talent with great potential.

After a period of time it would take to have a cup of tea passed, Qing Yu then retracted her hand and blew out a breath of tainted air. "You're finally alright. Your body is very healthy now. There were a few residual effects from your prior condition and I've eradicated all the problems for you at the same time."

"After this, I will get rid of the blood curse for you. But, you'll have to wait for awhile."

"Why do we have to wait for awhile longer?" Bai Zhi Yan came walking in from outside the door, to ask in bewilderment.

Qing Yu rubbed her chin as she smiled. "That is because, unravelling a curse is best done right around midnight....."

Hmm..... being bitten back in the middle of the night within their dreams..... that should be quite interesting.

"Ah..... That's how it is." Bai Zhi Yan did not understand all that much about curse seals and such but he did not probe deeper into it, but just believed the young youth.

Midnight came very soon.

Bai Zhi Yan retreated outside, with him and Lian Ji taking up guard on the left and right, prepared for anything unexpected.

No lights were lit inside the room, but for the countless Luminous Pearls on both sides giving out a soft glow that brightened and darkened intermittently.

A man lay on the bed, not covered by a single thread.

But Qing Yu was not in the mood to admire that impossibly beautiful body of the man, but was staring with great interest at the red dot on his chest that was sinisterly spreading out gradually in all directions, growing countless waving malevolent tentacles that crawled to cover the entire body, where even that most handsome looking face was not spared.

His entire person looked like a monster that was bathing in dark blood red lines.

Qing Yu's eyes looked upon the man with curiosity, with interest, but there was no disgust nor fear.

"Aren't you scared?" He said with his lips curled up, seemingly a little scornful.

This was the first time he was showing himself in this state before a stranger, and it was before such a young youth. But Lou Jun Yao did not let any complicated emotions into his heart to trouble him but remained at peace.

Even he himself did not know why there was a feeling of comfort in him that he had never felt before.

As if, this person before his eyes would really be able to save him.

Qing Yu laughed softly and tilted her head to look at him. "It's nothing scary. You who are being helplessly trapped in terror should be the one being most afraid. And this curse seal is suppressing at least half of your power, you must be feeling rather defeated!"

This man must surely reign supreme over a certain place out there, one with unparalleled power at the peak of his power. But with his powers suppressed, he had to live in hiding. Such a kind of setback where one fell from such a high place, was something most people would not be able to accept.

But not this man. He's acting like he's perfectly fine, a person with a strong will and forbearance.

Chapter 28: Injured

Lou Jun Yao was a little puzzled that she could actually tell that his powers had been suppressed and he laughed softly: "That's right. In Cloud Heaven, if a powerful pugilist was to fall, those lowly rats who had always been eyeing that position would all gather together onto him. The world is a place where the weak would always be the ones suppressed and bullied."

Qing Yu nodded her head in understanding, and then patted him on the arm comfortingly. "Rest assured. I am still confident with a blood curse like this. Wait till you regain your strength and you can strike right back at them. For all those who have bullied and humiliated you, just go back and wreck vengeance upon them all."

Lou Jun Yao smiled without saying a word. [This kid, is really rather interesting.]

It was almost midnight, and Qing Yu shot out a hand speedily to strike Lou Jun Yao's acupoint, rendering him unconscious.

It's gotta be a joke. Although he had said that he wanted to be awake to see how she was going to undo the curse, but she would never reveal her secrets that easily, to prevent herself from being taken noticed of in future.

Qing Yu sat herself down in a half lotus position, her eyes shutting slowly. A faint soft glow emanated from her body, the light slowly growing brighter till it encompassed a good half of the room.

Over the man whose body was covered in blood red veins, the strange light began to pulse more quickly, and it seemed like something was scuttling around uneasily, trying to escape.

And far away over several mountain ranges and oceans, upon a land that was of the highest level, the Cloud Heaven.

Inside a luxurious and resplendent palace, within a particular courtyard, a woman lay upon a bed. But her brows were furrowed up slightly, seemingly in disturbed sleep.

Her breathing suddenly grew more frantic, her face slightly pale.

Her expression suddenly froze a moment, before a mouthful of blood spurted out of her mouth.

The woman suddenly opened her eyes, and sat up in her bed, the expression on her face incredulous. "How is that..... possible!?"

The Emotion Devouring Curse she had planted..... besides herself, no one else could possibly dispel it, but someone was actually undoing her curse!

[It's just ridiculous!]

The woman snorted in derision and her long slender finger drew a circle in the air, before she sent a powerful surge of tyrannical power out with a strike.

[No matter who that was, they have to die!]

The powerful force surged destructively straight towards her. Qing Yu's brows knitted up slightly, like she had not expected that the other party would choose to retaliate like this. It seemed like she had met with a rather difficult foe.

And, the force was clearly intended to send her to her doom.

That strike seemed to have been delivered with all its might. If she chose to retaliate right at the moment, then the blood curse that she had dispelled halfway would turn out to be for naught, and the unconscious Lou Jun Yao would be subjected to backlash that would be a hundred times worse, and no matter how strong his heart was, he would undoubtedly lose his life.

[This person is crafty indeed!]

[Hmph. But, is she that easily bullied?]

Regardless whether it was in her past life or present, Qing Yu was a person who would not allow herself to suffer aggrievement, and even if she were to die, she would drag her opponent down into Hell with her.

Hence, when she took it upon herself to shoulder this terrifying power, she had naturally only done it after thinking deep and hard about it.

Even if she was left with only half a breath, as long as her spirit did not die, she would be fine as she would just crawl into her dimensional space to heal her wounds. The spirit Qi in there was thick and robust and she would only need to remain in there for a few days for her to make a full recovery.

But, her opponent was not blessed with such a choice.

At the moment that Qing Yu took that strike, the most nefariously Yin (dark) move among the Burial Soul Arts, the Bone Dissolving Spirit Extermination, was already following the trail of power, to viciously adhere itself onto the attacker.

"Arghhh....."

Within the quiet tranquil night in Cloud Heaven, a heart rending scream tore through the air, shattering the silence.

The moment that terrifying power adhered onto her body, her flesh visibly dissolved right to the bones very quickly, her spirit sizzling as it burned.

In the span of just a few breaths, half her arm had turned to bones. Steeling herself, the woman cut off that arm completely, to stop the rot brought about by that surge of power.

But even though all of that had happened in a few short moments, her spirit had sustained great damage, and she had no choice but to shut herself up in closed door cultivation for continued nights.

On the other side, Qing Yu could feel that the power of the Bone Dissolving Spirit Extermination she sent out had dissipated, and she knew in her heart that her opponent must have cut of an appendage off his body, or it was impossible to stop her dark art.

[Hmm..... Her opponent is quite vicious even to himself!]

But she had finally succeeded in dispeling the blood curse. Qing Yu raised her eyes up towards the man on the bed. The red vein lines on his body seemed to have disappeared completely in an instant, and his powers had increased greatly.

The suppressed powers were like a wild stallion freed from its tethers, spiraling out of control, quickly decimitating a good half of the painstakingly constructed room in a blink with a loud crash.

The great resounding crash had not only alerted the two people standing guard just outside its doors, but shocked the people nearby awake from their sleep, thinking that a sudden clap of thunder had struck in the dead of the night. Not hearing any more noise after listening for a while, they then went back to sleep.

Coincidentally the weather in the past few days had not been great, and hence, it did not cause much alarm among the people.

Bai Zhi Yan and Lian Ji rushed inside speedily. On the bed, Lou Jun Yao was already dressed, in a robe of noble and majestic purple, his body tall and stalwart, his eyes chillingly cold, giving out an kingly aura where everything was beneath his notice.

Lou Jun Yao like this, felt both familiar and strange at the same time.

But Bai Zhi Yan knew better. [The kingly one who stood high and proud in Cloud Heaven, who had everyone in all directions submit themselves to him, has returned.]

Finally, his body no longer under restraint, he no longer had to lower that noble head, never having to suffer the inhuman agony and pain anymore.

Qing Yu's brow lifted up in surprise as well, feeling like she was getting to know this person for the first time. Right after that, she smiled knowingly, and said: "Congratulations."

Lou Jun Yao, looked at her, and in that very rare moment, the corners of his lips lifted slightly.

The two people were just a few steps apart, their gazes locked upon each other. Hence, Lou Jun Yao could clearly see that the young youth's smile was a little stiff, and his already pale complexion was extraordinarily white.

He was just guessing whether the young youth had sustained injuries when he saw the specks of tiny red blossoms upon the youth's snow white robe, a sight that stung his eyes.

Qing Yu's brows pinched tightly together, never having expected that she would not be able to hold out much longer, and just as her mind was filling up with frustration, her body had already gone ahead to fall forward.

Having come to this strange world for so many days, this should be the first time that she was injured.

The moment Lou Jun Yao discovered that something was not right with the kid, he was already there right before the youth, his hands stretched out to catch that body that was slipping down to the ground.

The body felt as frail and weak as he had expected it to be, his waist so slender it might not be able to withstand a single clutch of his arm, soft and supple like a young lady's.

Bai Zhi Yan's focus of attention had not been on Qing Yu, and it was only when the figure of the youth was falling that he saw the specks of blood on his snow white clothes, startling him.

"How did it turn out like this?"

Lou Jun Yao was not going to dwell into so much details. His sharp senses were telling him that the youth's aura was getting weaker and weaker, his body cold to the touch, and his heart subconsciously grew rather anxious.

This was afterall his benefactor who had saved his life, and he had gotten injured while saving him. No matter what, he was feeling rather bad about it.

He scooped up the youth and carried him horizontally across his arms, and went straight into the room he usually used to rest in. "Bai Zhi Yan! Come check on his injuries right now!"

Bai Zhi Yan behind him was still in a daze.

[The Lord..... actually carried a youth in his arms!]

No matter how you looked at that scene..... It was just too strange. Although the young youth looked so petite and skinny, and possessed beautiful and alluring looks, but..... he was clearly male.

Thinking back to the "gentle" demeanor Lou Jun Yao usually treated the little youth with, his mind unconsciously grew with a whole lot of other ideas.....

"Get over here right now!"

Bai Zhi Yan's body shivered, and he immediately shot himself forward.

Lou Jun Yao laid the figure down on the bed. Seeing the pair of eyes that were always spirited now shut, the exquisitely beautiful countenance unbelievably pale, his heart immediately became more jittery. Moreover, the youth's body was splattered with blood.

Just the sight of it was offensive to his eyes.

Immediately, he reached his hand out towards the youth's clothes, thinking to take off those white blood stained clothes.

But, only the collar had been loosened and a large portion of that fair and smooth skin was exposed, Lou Jun Yao's hand suddenly froze.

The youth's neck was beautifully slender, with an exquisitely sculpted collarbone, irresistibly enchanting.

He knew that the youth was beautiful looking, and he had a pretty looking neck. But what astounded him was..... upon that smooth neck, there wasn't an adam's apple that was characteristic of a male.

No matter how slowly a boy developed, it was impossible that he would not have an adam's apple.

Unless.....

Lou Jun Yao had some guesses in mind, and his slender finger conveniently pulled the white robe a few more notches down.

"What..... are you doing....." A cold tiny hand suddenly grasped his, stopping the man's inquisitive action.

In a groggy daze, she had felt that someone was taking off her clothes.

No matter how unconscious she was, when in a strange or unfamiliar place, her body would instinctively retain a level of alertness. Realizing that the man was going overboard, she hurriedly struggled to open her eyes to stop him.

It must have been the series of movements just now, that caused her hair to become a little messed up, and her clothes had also been tugged loose, to expose her neck and collarbone. Her alluring phoenix like eyes half open while looking at him rather warily and her face pale as a sheet, she looked so pitifully frail in her weakened state.

Lou Jun Yao did not need to verify it to know that this person here was actually a dainty young lady.

Though the hand that was gripped around his fingers was slender, it was very thin, its touch soft and exquisite, definitely not the hand of a young male youth.

"My Lord, let me help....."

"Get out!"

Bai Zhi Yan had just come in through the door and he had not even finished what he wanted to say when he immediately heard those two icily harsh words.

"But isn't Young Master Qing injured....." Bai Zhi Yan suddenly clamped his mouth shut and kept silent. [Why had the Lord's face suddenly changed completely? Didn't the Lord just ask him to come and now he suddenly wants him to go out?]

[Really. After becoming stronger his mood is also getting from bad to worse.]

He had no choice but to retreat back out.

"Shut the door."

Bai Zhi Yan's feet took a stumble, and then quietly pulled the door shut.

Lou Jun Yao turned his gaze back around, to look upon the youth who was struggling to keep his eyes open as he stared at him. No. He should say young lady.

"Your clothes got dirty."

"I'll change them myself." Qing Yu's brows furrowed up, as she struggled to sit upright. "I'll be..... ugh..... I'll be going back already."

[Damn it. That person was really..... vicious. Even till now, my body is still throbbing in pain.]

"Are you certain you can still walk?" Lou Jun Yao looked at her in amusement. "I think you will not be able to even leap over the Gathered Cloud Loft's perimeter wall."

Qing Yu's brows creased up once again. Although she did not want to admit it, but, it would seem like, she really wouldn't be able to get up there!

"Then..... Can I stay here for a night?" Qing Yu asked, as she looked at him a little helplessly.

"Of course." Lou Jun Yao nodded with a smile, and then went on to ask in slight bewilderment. "Why would you get injured by dispelling the curse for me?"

"Someone was controlling this blood curse and when I was dispelling it, I exchanged a few blows with that person." Qing Yu said as she rubbed her shoulders. "Both sides got injured."

Chapter 29: Strange Glasses

"But, he came off worse than me." Speaking about that, Qing Yu could not help but curl up her lips, to smile triumphantly.

The origins of that blood curse, was not ordinary indeed.

Lou Jun Yao's eyes flashed, a chilling and bloodthirsty brief flash within those demonically charming violet eyes.

Qing Yu had already closed her eyes, her spirit already slipped into the dimensional space she always carried around. Her body had sustained severe damage and if she did not immediately act on restoration, it might leave behind residual effects.

Lou Jun Yao saw that she had already started to adjust her own aura and because of her exceptional skills in Medicine and powers, he was not so worried anymore.

But.....

He took another glance at that blood stained white robe, knowing in his heart that she had disguised herself as a man, and decided to not change her out of her clothes.

"Yue Ji." He called out softly.

From a dark and empty corner, a woman wrapped in black sheer silk came walking out, her face half veiled, revealing only a pair of bright black eyes.

She knelt on one knee, her voice low and sultry. "My Lord."

Lou Jun Yao acknowledged briefly, and said: "Help her change into another set of clothes."

Yue Ji raised her head in astounded surprise, and then saw that there was a pale faced, but devilishly alluring youth lying on the bed behind her Lord.

Although she was puzzled, she did not probe, but went walking over in accordance to her orders.

As Yue Ji began to take of the youth's clothes, Lou Jun Yao had already gone far away from there.

The clothes that had already been tugged loose, did not require much effort to remove, and underneath those clothes, was a thin and light layer of underclothes.

When Yue Ji removed the outer robe, she had already realized that the slender and soft body, with clear signs of binding wrapped over the chest, obviously belonged to a female.

[No wonder the Lord had.....]

[But, what is the relationship between this young lady and her Lord?]

The moment Qing Yu went into the dimensional space, she had immediately immersed herself completely in the Spirit Spring. The spirit energy in there nourished and nurtured her spirit over and over, even forging her meridians to become stronger a few notches.

After this time, she had come to realize that she was still too weak.

In these lands, she might be considered to be slightly above average, but further up above, there were still two higher level lands. Someone like the opponent she encountered today, must surely be quite a powerful entity.

If not for the extra twenty years she had lived through in her previous life, and she had taken on the enemy only with what she had in this life, it was feared that she would already be dead, her spirit destroyed.

This world here, was even more brutal.

Qing Yu's desire to grow stronger became exceptionally intense. At that moment, even she herself did not know that her body that was submerged in the Spirit Spring was suddenly shooting out a dual coloured light of red and gold, where even the snake shaped circlet that was coiled up quietly on one side was shaken awake by the sudden surge of power.

"What is happening?" The little snake's face was one of confusion. It then came to see, right above the tiny little Spirit Spring, was an immense illusory shadow projected into the air.

It was a pair of eyes red and gold in colour, incredibly sinister and devilish as they stared at the little snake, filled with ridicule.

"Useless piece of trash." It was a powerful force filled with the majestic oppressiveness of ancient antiquity, that virile and powerful voice causing the little snake's head to spin dizzily, and it was a long while before it was able to come back to its senses.

"Damn it! Who do you think you are? How dare to insult a divine artifact!?" The little snake's narrow eyes were filled with fiery rage.

"Divine Artifact? Where? Why do I not see any?" The eyes pretended to gaze around in search, before they came to look at the little snake in feigned realization. "Are you claiming that such a little worm like you is a Divine Artifact? Hahahaha. You're really killing me."

That was pure and utter humiliation.

The little snake's eyes were spouting with fire, but that pair of eyes in the air were so sinister that they held the little snake firmly imprisoned, unable to move an inch.

"Alright, you can stop glaring at me already. However long you glare at me, you are still a useless piece of trash." The eyes threw out another statement of merciless ridicule. "With all that is said, you were still once a powerful entity that shook the world, but has now fallen into decline, unable to even protect your Mistress, and just hiding yourself in this small little space dimension to live an ignoble existence. How sad and depressing."

"And just what are you?" The little snake narrowed its eyes to a slit, silently trying to guess it in its heart.

"I am the same as you, protecting the same Mistress." The eyes began to say, casting its glance to look affectionately at the young lady in the Spirit Spring, before turning towards the little snake. "I hope that you do not drag down the Mistress. If not for you, the Mistress' cultivation could not possibly remain in such a rut and not progress. You should know it yourself. With her capabilities and gift, all these lands here would not be able to hold her back at all."

An accompanying weapon spirit for life, fates bound together for good or for ill.

Qing Yu cultivation had been increasing everyday and making good progress, but a portion of her energy essence was given to the weapon spirit, in order for it to restore its incomplete spirit body.

Otherwise, with the kind of gift she possessed as the top ranked and most highly skilled person within the reclusive hidden family clan, she should be already making a name for herself in the highest level lands by now.

The little snake's gold and silver long slitted eyes rippled inside, and it was quite a while later before it said with a heavy voice. "The fact that you appeared today, must mean that you know of a way to restore my spirit body."

"Hey, you're not that dumb." The eyes then did not open its mouth to humiliate the little snake anymore. "You just stay right here. I came across a powerful human's spirit body before and he was just recently deceased. That spirit body is very powerful and I can sense that it is roaming around nearby. When I capture it and bring it here, you can then take the opportunity to devour it."

The little snake's expression was a little hesitant. "Human spirit. But....."

"Always with the buts. The Burial Soul Arts itself is evil and dark, and you are a dark artifact. It's only because your Mistress is of the purest bloodline that you are not overtaken by darkness. Anyway, devouring a human spirit is not all that big a matter."

The pair of eyes was already about to go out upon saying all that when the little snake felt a sense of familiarity in his heart. Suddenly remembering something, the little snake's eyes then widened in stare. "Could you possibly be....."

"Tsk, you've only come to realize who I am now? You really are getting more and more useless."

The little snake saw those arrogant eyes snort derisively, and then disappeared from its sight, and things finally dawned upon its little mind.

But seeing that the pair of eyes was actually doing something to help it, the little snake then decided to not be so calculative with that fella who did not even possess a body.

The sky outside gradually turned a colour like the underbelly of a fish.

After a night's nourishing soak in the spirit spring, Qing Yu's wounds had healed very quickly. Additionally, she had also gained enlightenment at the same time, where the Burial Soul Arts' fourth level that she had been stuck at all this time had been broken through last night, to advance into the fifth level.

The Burial Soul Arts had a total of ten levels and every level was split into five small stages. After the first five levels, every small stage's advancement would bring the cultivator into a new realm of power.

When cultivated to its pinnacle, one would be able to smash through the void, and enter into the realm of immortals. That would be when one would be a wielder of true power, summoning the clouds with a lift of the hand, and bringing rain with a flip of the palm.

Qing Yu in her previous life had attained the eighth level, and had never encountered one who could oppose her, which made her extremely lonely.

In this life, she yearned very strongly to become strong as well.

As Qing Yu gradually came awake, she saw that the sky had turned very bright, and a hazy reddish golden light seemed to have flashed past her eyes.

She had been soaked in the spirit spiring the entire night and did not feel anything abnormal in her body. It was only when she sat up that she discovered her clothes had been changed.

Her brain then froze for an instant.

[Her clothes..... Who changed her? Was it Lou Jun Yao??]

Immediately, the flawlessly beautiful face flashed with slivers of shame and anger.

A creak sounded as the door was pushed open, and a woman wearing a goose yellow long dress, her face half covered by a light veil came walking in.

Qing Yu was surprised for a moment. She had not seen this lady before throughout the many times she had been here, but, her demeanor and flair was rather similar to that of Lian Ji's.

"I am Yue Ji." The woman said, her head lifting up slightly.

"Yue Ji?" Qing Yu arched up an eyebrow. "And both you and Lian Ji are assassins?" Or why would they have such similar names?

Yue Ji then answered respectfully: "I am one of the Lord's shadow guards, and my duty is to protect the Lord."

"I see." Qing Yu nodded her head in understanding, and then got up from the bed. She was just about to go outside when she turned her head back, seemingly having just thought of something. "Last night..... who changed my clothes for me?"

Yue Ji was taken aback by the question. "I did."

In the next second, she saw that person's face that had looked rather tense break into a smile. "That's great. Thank you."

And the young lady then went out with light and quick steps.

Yue Ji's face was one of bewilderment. [What is she getting so happy about?]

Lou Jun Yao was just coming in when he saw that tall and slender figure nimbly leaping out over the high walls of the Gathered Cloud Loft.

[That lass, really has the personality of a wild and untamed kitten!]

"My Lord." Yue Ji came walking over. When she saw the faint smile at the edges of the man's lips, she was rather surprised.

Lou Jun Yao then turned his gaze back. "When she left, did she say anything?"

Yue Ji shook her head, and then said while feeling a little puzzled. "She merely asked who was the person that changed her clothes."

"Oh?" Lou Jun Yao raised an eyebrow.

"I told her that I was the one who changed it for her and she said great. After that..... she seemed to be rather happy about it." Yue Ji related everything that had happened to her Lord truthfully. "I do not know what she was feeling so happy about."

Hearing that, Lou Jun Yao's smile widened, and his violet eyes sparkled, looking unusually captivating. [Does the little one think that the fact that she is a girl has not been exposed?]

[How foolish.]

Yue Ji then watched her Lord walking away, his face looking rather amused.

[The Lord..... and that young lady..... Something's not right.]

Although she could not put her finger on just what exactly was wrong.

— Eternal Peace Duke's Manor —

Yan Ning Luo who had stayed away from home for the past few days finally decided to go back in the end.

Afterall, that was her biological brother and siblings would not bear grudges. Hence, she was prepared to go back and speak with her brother about it properly, as long as he did not insist on antagonizing their mother because of that pair of twin siblings.

But she had just reached the door when she saw a nondescript but luxurious horse carriage parked outside. Yan Ning Luo had never seen this horse carriage before and she guessed there was a guest inside.

But she probably would never have guessed who the guest was.

"Little Ning, you've come back. Why aren't you coming in?" Yan Xi Cheng was entertaining the guest in the main hall and he saw his sister that he had not seen for the past few days at the door the moment he raised his head.

Yan Ning Luo was dressed in a smoky green chiffon dress, a magical air around her, her demeanor extraordinarily cold, her clear eyes looking indifferently upon the man inside the hall.

The Crown Prince Xuanyuan Che.

The last person that Yan Ning Luo would want to see.

"Little Ning, aren't you going to come greet the Crown Prince His Highness?" When Yan Xi Cheng saw that she was not moving, he thought that as a girl, she was being bashful and coy, and he went up to pull her inside.

Xuanyuan Che arched up an eyebrow and looked at the icy expression on Yan Ning Luo's face. [Tsk, it just irks me no matter which way I look at her. Those people out there must all be blind! How can they call a woman like this the greatest beauty?]

"Your Highness, you seem to be rather free recently!" Yan Ning Luo said, putting on an insincere mouth.

"I can't possibly be more free than the Princess yourself as this Crown Prince is the future ruler and I cannot afford to slack off at all in my cultivation or court matters." Xuanyuan Che's voice was gentle, and the words spoken seemed quite harmless, but were filled with veiled ridicule.

Chapter 30: Liking Me Is A Condition! Needs To Be Treated!

"Is that right? Makes me wonder what matter could possibly make the Crown Prince take his precious time out of his busy schedule to come to the Eternal Peace Duke's Manor today?"

"Nothing important, but just dropping in for a visit as I was passing by."

"Then you should go now. Your Highness must still have many things to deal with and we won't ask you to stay for a meal."

"Coincidentally, this Crown Prince is feeling a little hungry."

"Our plain and crude fare is beneath Your Highness' palate."

"It's alright. This Crown Prince does not mind."

Yan Xi Cheng was at a loss. "....." This awkward atmosphere was impossible to salvage.

It was such a strange sight, to see the two of them flinging barbed words back and forth. Despite having seen this happen for so many years in the past, he still could not get used to the way the two of them interacted with each other.

But very soon, this awkward atmosphere was quickly shattered.

Looking over to the person slumped back in his chair and laughing hysterically, unable to hold it in as tears streamed down his face, one would know why.

"Bwah ha ha ha ha~ Hey, don't look at me! You guys should just continue! It's just too funny! Oww..... My stomach..... Hahaha~"

Xuanyuan Che continued to stare at him. "....."

Yan Ning Luo creased up her brows. "Mu Chi, what are you laughing at?"

Yan Ning Luo and Mu Chi could be considered to be on rather familiar terms as the Faint Mist Sect and the Limitless Sect were on good terms and enjoyed a good relationship. They had even conducted an exchange of their disciples to each other's sects for more learning. In the period that Yan Ning Luo had gone to the Limitless Sect, she had received instruction from the same Master as Mu Chi.

Mu Chi had his arms clasped over his stomach, and it was only after a huge struggle that he managed to hold in his laughter. "I'll say, aren't the two of you engaged to each other? Why is the relationship between the two of you so toxic? I almost died laughing you know? If one did not know, they would surely think the two of you are arch enemies!"

Yan Ning Luo sneered. "We are arch enemies!"

"I just cannot seem to comprehend as well, why my Father would choose a woman like this to be my wife." Xuanyuan Che said helplessly.

"Huh? Xuanyuan Che! Say that one more time! What do you mean by a woman like this!?" Yan Ning Luo's eyes flared wide. With that, she could not even be bothered to hypocritically address him as His Highness anymore. "Are you looking to pick a fight!?"

"I'm sorry, I will never strike a woman." Xuanyuan Che said as his lips curled up slightly, looking every inch a graceful gentleman.

"Ha! Three months later! I'll see you up on the arena." Yan Ning Luo issued the challenge without any hesitation.

Yan Xi Cheng saw that the atmosphere was becoming worse and worse, and he hurriedly put on a smile to try to smooth things over. "Alright, alright. Don't be like this. We're just be making a joke out of ourselves in front of everyone. Little Ning, regardless of everything else, His Highness the Crown Prince is still your betrothed and do you know how many ladies out there are just so envious of you?"

"That is because none of them know that this fella is not what he shows himself to be, a beast wearing the face of a human." Yan Ning Luo said as she shot him a glare, before spinning herself right around and went walking out without glancing back, leaving Yan Xi Cheng there to apologise profusely with an awkward expression on his face.

"Little Ning has been spoilt rotten. I beg for Your Highness the Crown Prince's forgiveness."

Mu Chen still went up to ask with his face inquisitive. "Big Brother, why am I not aware that you're a beast wearing a human face? What kind of a beastly thing have you done to that poor girl??"

When Xuanyuan Che saw that gloating face of his, Xuanyuan Che immediately raised a hand to rap Mu Chi on the head angrily. "Beast your big head."

A corner of Mu Chi's mouth twitched. [Great, Big Brother has gotten angry for once, it's better not make things any worse. Just let him stew in his anger himself!"

[That's right. He came here today because of something important.]

[Mm. He had gone back and thought it over for a whole night and decided to come find that young lady, to confess his heart to her.]

The moment he closed his eyes he had seen that pair of keen eyes of hers, and that irresistible smile. Till this age, Mu Chi had never kept thinking of someone day and night like this before.

He surmised, that he must have been poisoned. Poisoned by that young lady named "Su Yan".

Taking the opportunity of the gap in the conversation between Yan Xi Cheng and Xuanyuan Che, Mu Chi made up an excuse and then slipped himself out.

Hence, when Qing Yu returned, she was met with this scene.

Her younger brother was seated in the room and chatting amicably with a very familiar looking man, seeming like they had a lot of common topics.

She could not help but raise an eyebrow. [Has Little Bei brought a friend home?]

"Sis, you're back." When Qing Bei saw that she had come back, he got up and went forward to welcome her. "Your friend came here to look for you, and has already waited for quite a while."

"My friend?" Qing Yu raised her eyes to look, and saw the person flashing a incredibly brilliant smile at her.

Qing Yu was at a loss for words. "....." [Just like a ghost that can't be shaken off!]

Mu Chi acted as if he had not noticed the face she was making. "Miss Su Yan, we meet again."

Qing Bei was puzzled. "?"

[Miss..... Su Yan??]

Qing Yu saw the flabbergasted face on her brother and she stroked his head gently, indicating for him to go inside.

Qing Bei had always obeyed her and he nodded his head before he pushed his wheelchair into the other room at the back himself.

Qing Yu then sat down and poured out cups of tea for herself and Mu Chi. "Young Master Mu....."

"Call me Mu Chi, or even Ah Chi will do as well."

Qing Yu felt her temples twitch. "We've only met twice. It wouldn't be nice to address you like that."

[Isn't this fella being too familiar here!?]

Hearing that, Mu Chi's expression turned serious. "Who said we've only met twice?"

"It's not?" Qing Yu knitted up her brows. If she had met him before, she should have an impression of him at least.

"It's already the third time including this time!" Mu Chi said with a stern face.

Qing Yu was speechless. "....."

"Miss Su Yan, I came here this time because there is an important matter that I would like to ask for you help with." Mu Chi finally brought up the real purpose of his visit, and it was guessed that it was something quite serious as his demeanor had turned grave.

Qing Yu took a sip of her tea to moisten her throat. "What is this matter about?"

"I know that you are an alchemist, and possess good medical skills as well." Mu Chi began by saying.

"Mm. What about it?" Qing Yu arched up an eyebrow, guessing that he wants her to help him save someone, or for her to concoct some kind of medicine or something.

Mu Chi gave a long sigh, and then turned his eyes mournfully to Qing Yu to say: "I might have contracted an illness."

"You?" Qing Yu cast a doubtful glance at his face appraisingly. His complexion was rosy, and he seemed to be filled with vigor. He did not look like he was sick.

Mu Chi saw her casting a suspicious glance at him and he summoned up his courage to suddenly grab her hand, drawing it in to place it upon his chest. "See? Isn't my heart beating exceptionally fast!?"

Qing Yu was startled by his sudden action of grabbing her hand to his chest, and upon hearing his words, it seemed that the rate his heart was beating at was rather abnormal at that!

[Could he really have contracted some illness that she had never encountered before?]

"Ever since that day I went back from here, you have frequently appeared in my dreams. Your smile, your voice, all the words you've said, I remember them all so clearly. Can you tell me what is going on?"

Qing Yu was stunned into a daze.

[Wait..... Wait wait. Let her recollect herself a moment.]

[Was this bloke making a confession?]

In the very next second, her guess was immediately verified.

"Miss Su Yan, I know that I might come across as a little too brusque by saying this suddenly, but if I do not tell it to you, and do not let you know, it is really just too tormenting to keep it in my heart. This is my first time liking a lady and I do not know how I should say this. I....."

'Kathunk!'

From inside, it sounded like a wheelchair had fallen heavily to the ground.

Qing Bei had been paying attention to the situation outside but did not dare to be too obvious with his eavesdropping, so he had tried to be sneaky about it.

But suddenly hearing such an explosive piece of news, he found that he really could not digest it.

Having fallen with a crash to the ground, his first reaction was not whether he was hurt anywhere, but was thinking whether his sister was being confessed to by a suitor who had chased her all the way right up to their door!?

When had she come to attract this love interest?

The two of them were often together and the few times they were apart were only when they went into seclusion for cultivation, not seeing each other for just a few days.

How could something like this happen when he knew nothing about it at all!?

It was really just too incomprehensible no matter how much he thought about it.

With such a loud commotion, one would have to be deaf to not hear it.

Having one's own little brother overhear such a thing, how much more embarrassing could anything be!?

Qing Yu gave a helpless smile and the lad in front of her was still staring at her with a highly earnest look. "Man, you've really caught the disease quite badly. It needs to be treated!"

Mu Chi blinked his eyes innocently. "Do you have a cure?"

"Of course I do." Qing Yu nodded. "Come over here once again tonight, and your illness will be cured."

"To..... Tonight?" When night was mentioned, it was not known what kind of a scenario Mu Chi's mind had immediately drifted off to, as two plumes of pink quickly climbed onto his cheeks.

"....." [This scoundrel, what kind of filthy things are you thinking about!?]

"Alright. Then..... Then I'll take my leave for now." His heart beginning to beat and thump wildly once again, Mu Chi did not dare to remain there any longer, but quickly got up to leave 'bashfully' before his ears burned up as well.

Qing Yu's smile then faded away and her eyes quickly darkened. "You rascal! Get yourself out here this instant!"

Qing Bei coughed dryly a few times, and then stuck half his body out from the room at the back. "Heh heh, about that, Sis....."

"You liked what you heard?" Qing Yu shot him a sideways glance.

"Not at all, not even a little bit." Qing Bei rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. "Who was that man?"

"The fool who sent the gold." Qing Yu said in a huffy tone.

"You conned him of so much money and he could still come to fall in love with you. He really isn't your typical kind of guy." Qing Bei's face was one of admiration, which then turned into one of worry as he said: "Will he cause us any trouble? If he starts to come here often....."

"Rest assured about that." Qing Yu's face split into a wide smile, exposing her brilliant white teeth. "I will make sure he does not dare to come her anymore tonight!"

Night fell, and Mu Chi came as they had agreed. The moon hung high up in the night sky, a beautiful night.

What a great night! Most suited to sit among flowers under the sky.

Mu Chi came to the Tranquil Abode, and discovered that all was silent in there. It was pitch dark in the Tranquil Abode and no a single light was lit.

Mu Chi was a little puzzled. "Could she have fallen asleep?"

That shouldn't be possible. She had told him to come here tonight!

"Crunch crunch" A sound that made his skin crawl reached his ears.

It sounded like some wild beast was gnawing on its food.

Mu Chi's heart froze, and he lightened his footsteps on tiptoes, to move towards the source of the sound.

He parted a clump of dense herbs with his hands and the sound of the gnawing grew louder, accompanied by the sound of a human voice.

"Mmm..... Tastes great, it's really good. Crunch crunch, chomp chomp....."

A short distance away from him was a human figure who had his back facing him, crouched down over there, his actions seemingly tearing wildly at something, the scene feeling a little garish. He stared to get a better look, and saw that it was actually the thick arm of a man, and it was all covered in splatters of blood.

Mu Chi gasped a large breath of air and his eyes widened.

That person turned his head and his mouth split into a wide grin, his mouth and lips all covered in red gory blood. "Do you want some?"

Seeing that person's flawless and alluring countenance, who else could that person be but Qing Yu!? But the expression on her face at that moment looked exceptionally sinister and horrifying, like a evil demon.

Mu Chi's subconscious made him turn himself around and leave immediately, where he even summoned up his powers to leap high up into the air.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.3K 2.6K 52
What kind was there before the fae we know today? A story where our Inner Circle finds a fairy not a fae. AzrielxOC 18+ First uploaded: 15/9 2023
57.3K 4.4K 54
In their previous life, taehyung had been overweight. His face was covered in acne. Yet jungkook still forcefully ate him up. Exactly how much did h...
17.9K 32 10
baca ajaa, terserah. ga suka ga usah dibacaa Tapi jangan lupa vote. Boleh request mau yg gimna, komen ajaaaa Siapa tau ada yang pengin request bisa c...
46.9K 4.7K 98
A story following a young hunter named Jay. He has grown up in a world where dungeons, monsters, and humans with leveling systems are a cultural norm...