Black Bellied Belle: Demon Lo...

By Pandavent

The first time they met they had battled fiercely, just for a mere bunch of herbs. She needed it to save peop... More

Prologue - Ch. 10
Ch. 11-20
Ch. 21-30
Ch. 31-40
Ch. 41-50
Ch. 51-60
Ch. 61-70
Ch. 81-90
Ch. 91-100
Ch. 101-110
Ch. 111-120
Ch. 121-130
Ch. 131-140
Ch. 141-150
Ch. 151-160
Ch. 161-170
Ch. 171-180
Ch. 181-190
Ch. 191-200
Ch. 201-210
Ch. 211-220
Ch. 221-230
Ch. 231-240
Ch. 241-250
Ch. 251-260
Ch. 261-270
Ch. 271-280
Ch. 281-290
Ch. 291-300
Ch. 301-310
Ch. 311-320
Ch. 321-330
Ch. 331-End

Ch. 71-80

86 0 0
By Pandavent

Chapter 71: What's Important are the Elixir Cultivators

Early the next morning, everything had been all prepared.

Yan Ning Luo was about to leave the manor and everyone had come out to see her off, the horse carriage already waiting outside the main doors.

"Father, Mother, you must both take good care of your health. I will come back to see you when I have the time." Yan Ning Luo's voice was gentle as she said.

Han Mo Yan held her hand and her eyes were filled with reluctance and sadness. "Sigh. Although you have always not stayed at home since you were very young, but Mother has always been worried that you are suffering out there."

Yan Ning Luo patted her hand reassuringly. "Why would I be? Master is very good to me, and I am one of the Inner Disciples as well. People just can't wait to win my favour so how could I possibly be suffering? Moreover....." Her words then paused and her gaze turned to glance at the several figures at the back before the ends of her mouth curled up. "Half a year later, wouldn't my sisters be coming to the Faint Mist Sect to keep me company already?"

Han Mo Yan's brows knitted together and sighed an almost imperceptible sigh. [With the kind of talent they have, it was feared that they wouldn't even make it past the first round that tested one's level of talent.]

The mother and daughter pair spoke for a while more before Yan Su's deep voice said: "It's time to move out. The journey to the Faint Mist Sect is long and arduous and it is better that you reach there before dark."

When it got dark, who knew what kind of dangers it would hide?

Yan Ning Luo nodded her head and turned around to walk down the steps before climbing up into the horse carriage. Just before she left, she opened the carriage's curtain and bid everyone farewell and then looked towards Qing Yu standing right at the corner, her lips moving soundlessly.

She had said: [I'll be waiting for you.]

The horse carriage then disappeared in an instant and Qing Yu arched up an eyebrow in indifference. [What did she mean that she'll be waiting? Was she so sure that she'll make it past the Faint Mist Sect's selection trials?]

Up in Cloud Heaven, in the lands up in the north, the Dark Legions headquarters sat.

"The Dark Lord is such a scoundrel, to have gone gallivanting down in the lower realms again and leaving the miserable few of us here to guard the old nest. If he continues to not care and bother with things like this, he will surely get replaced by that despicable cad Zhuge Xiong sooner or later!"

The palace that already had a dark shade to it was made even more sinister and terrifying by the gloomy aura of suppressed rage and restraint.

Upon the highly luxurious and opulent elevated main seat that was a throne carved into the image of a terrifying snake, a man sat grandly, dressed in a royal blue brocade robe, his gaze sharp with a pair of sword like brows and red lips with white teeth, a highly handsome man.

As he vented his frustrated anger, he slapped his hand heavily upon the snake's head on the arm of the chair and he then seemed to see the head suddenly move like it had come alive. It let out a loud hiss and opened its fanged mouth wide ferociously.

"ARRGGHH~ Oh my mother!"

The man cried out wailing as he scrambled and tumbled off the chair in a crawl, his clothes becoming covered in dust from falling wretchedly to the ground in fright.

"Pffft~"

It was the sound of stifled laughter from a woman. "How is it? That seat isn't that great to sit in is it?"

The man's face was still looking rather shocked as he sat on the ground, his eyes staring unblinkingly at the seat up there. [What was that just now? Was that an hallucination? The snake's head was there still in place like it had no moved!]

He immediately leapt to his feet from the ground and turned to look at the people in the palace hall. "Did I see a ghost? Did any of you see that snake move just now? It even bared its fangs at me wanting to eat me up! !"

In the end, everyone shook their heads without exception.

Mei Ji's devilishly seductive eyes raised an eyebrow alluringly and she said with a laugh, a hand covering her mouth: "I've told you before to not go sit on the Lord's throne for no reason as that is not a seat any ordinary person can sit on."

The man's face was furious. "Why is it that when his very person is not around, even his chair is going against me? Why! ! ?"

"Maybe it's because you are easily bullied." Mei Ji said with a sympathetic look on her face.

Chapter 71.2: What's Important are the Elixir Cultivators

"Alright, stop kidding around already. Let's talk about more serious matters!" In the first seat below the throne, sat a gentle and refined man with a cold demeanor, who looks like a scholar.

And in the grand hall, besides the man who had that malicious trick played on him and Mei Ji, there was also another white robed man who was untainted by even a single speck of dust.

The aura around him was so clean and pure it felt as if he was a child unacquainted with the affairs of the world. His countenance was peerlessly good looking, like a deity in a painting, except for that dark red eyes that seemed to be filled with tears of blood, crystalline clear and completely untainted, giving people the feeling he was one of the deities among the Nine Heavens, almost ephemeral and illusory like, looking so highly harmless, but exuded an indescribable kind of detached chill.

The scholar like man then opened his mouth to say. "Those guys from the Hunter's Guild were rather shocked by the sudden return of our Lord recently and till now, they had not dared to stir up trouble or have gone against us. But though they have called a halt to their actions, it does not mean that we should just remain quiet and just wait for things to happen. The disciples of the Dark Legion numbered in the hundreds of thousands before but we are now left with less than one hundred thousand, our might greatly decreased. I think we should recruit more people to join us and if there isn't anyone in Cloud Heaven, we can look for some great sprouts from the White Fen Lands and develop them, preparing ourselves for times that we happen to be in need."

With those words, the several people were all silent for a while till the man in the royal blue robe opened his mouth to speak: "We should act on that quickly but we can't rush something like this. It was because we recruited great numbers of people before that allowed the spies from Zhuge Xiong to sneak in among us. Although our numbers are smaller now, but among all the people left, they are all our own people. We have to be careful with this and I'll rather do without it than have it carried out in careless haste."

"This time, I agree with what Xun Luo is saying. So what if we have less people? If we train them up and bring up their fighting powers, a single man on our side will be able to take on a hundred enemies. We from the Dark Legion have never been dependant on the number of disciples we have but individual prowess." Mei Ji said with her lips curled up, her eyes shining with proud and absolute confidence.

Her eyes then turned towards the white robed man beside her, and her gaze softened before she said with a laugh. "Little Monster, do you have any suggestion?"

The white robed man had been surprisingly quiet all this time and hearing someone call his name, he raised his eyes and then slowly spoke, his voice sounding like a breeze passing over the surface of water, sending faint ripples through the air. "Elixir Cultivator."

He only said those two words and did not expound further, but the others looked like it had suddenly just dawned upon them.

"You are saying that we should recruit a few Elixir Cultivators?" Xun Luo looked as if he had just been enlightened. "Why didn't I think of that! ? It was exactly because we were poisoned by that scoundrel Zhuge Xiong's poison that we suffered such bad losses, where so many of our people died. Even Little Monster had suffered from it."

"If our Dark Legion has many Elixir Cultivators behind us, we wouldn't need to be afraid of him and his nefarious tricks anymore! I will go ask them to act on it immediately." Xun Luo was fired up and he was going to stride right out when he was held back but a voice.

"Ordinary ones won't do." The white robed man continued to say softly.

Zhuge Xiong himself was a very high leveled Elixir Cultivator and was highly adept with poison, reaching almost to the realm of perfection.

Mei Ji glared at Xun Luo angrily. "Can't you just hear Little Monster out till he's finished? Are you in such a hurry to go get yourself reincarnated?"

Xun Luo was deflated. "....." [I've realized my mistake. Will that do?]

"At least of the Green Bronze level."

The grades for Elixir Cultivators had a total of seven levels. Bronze, Silver, Gold, Green Bronze, White Silver, Platinum and Supreme Emperor.

And every grade had another ten levels in between, the difference from one level to the next very great. In the low level lands, a Silver grade Elixir Cultivator was considered to be outstanding and a gold grade Elixir Cultivator would usually be able to hold a leading position within a family clan.

Chapter 71.3: What's Important are the Elixir Cultivators

But in Cloud Heaven, Gold leveled Elixir Cultivators of the first and second grade are a dime a dozen throughout the streets and one must at least be above the sixth grade before one could be considered to be outstanding. In the Divine Healers Sect, it was rumoured that the lowest level Elixir Cultivators were at least at the Gold level's third grade, a centuries old family clan holding powers that was not to be underestimated.

A Green Bronze level Elixir Cultivator. It was feared that it would be rather difficult.....

Unless the could get the Young Lord of the Divine Healers Sect, Bai Zhi Yan to personally go to the Divine Healers Sect to poach several Elixir Cultivators over to come over to the Dark Legion.

But thinking about that it, it would not be possible. Even their Young Lord himself had already come to the Dark Legions and if they were to ask him to go back to his own family clan's territories to poach people asking them to betray their clan, his father would surely have his legs broken for sure.

Watching the frustrated and depressed looks on the faces of the people before him, the white robed man's pure and unspoiled blood red agate eyes flashed beautifully. "The elixir I took the last time had come from the hands of an Elixir Cultivator whose level surpasses Bai Zhi Yan."

"What did you say?" The scholarly looking man was taken aback a moment. "Bai Zhi Yan is the Divine Healers Sect greatest prodigy, a Elixir Cultivator at the Platinum level's fourth grade, at the same level as Zhuge Xiong and you are saying that there is someone who is at a level higher than Bai Zhi Yan? !"

"That's right. Could it possibly be one of the Divine Healers Sect's old ancestors? That would already be a sage who does not interfere with worldly affairs. What use would that be?" Xun Luo shrugged, his face one of helplessness.

Mei Ji's reaction was probably the calmest among all of them. She was silent for a while before she suddenly lifted her eyes to look at the white robed man. "Are you speaking of the elixir you were given while you were unconscious after we rescued you from the Hunter's Guild?"

"Yes."

Hearing him admit it himself, Mei Ji's face became rather unnatural looking and her mouth muttered inaudibly: "This cannot really be true....."

"What cannot be true?" The scholarly man and Xun Luo asked at the same time.

"Bai Zhi Yan mentioned before that the Lord's strange affliction has been completely cured by a Divine Doctor with unsurpassable skills and those elixirs were a gift from the benefactor who saved the Lord's life." Mei Ji said with a woodenly expressionless face.

"Isn't that a good thing? Why are you showing that expression on your face?" Xun Luo said as he clicked his tongue.

Mei Ji then gave him a scornful look. "The most important thing is that the high leveled Elixir Cultivator is still a young little lass in her teens and is a person from the low level realms."

"What are you saying? ! A little lass in her teens! ?" Xun Luo's eyes almost popped out from his head as he stared. "Are you making fun of me at my expense here?"

The scholarly man did not say anything but his face was one showing nothing but incredulity and disbelief.

Although the white robed man did not outwardly express much in the way of shock, his pair of red eyes still flashed with surprise.

"I just knew that all of you will not believe me." Mei Ji's lips stiffened. "Because even I cannot believe it myself."

"But it is said that the Lord has gone back to the lower realms seeking to rope in that little Divine Doctor into our Dark Legion but as she still does not possess enough power, it would require quite a period of time."

Xun Luo blinked his eyes and rubbed his chin in suspicion. "Would something like that require him to go handle personally? Moreover, doesn't the Lord detests coming into contact with the female human species the most! ?"

Within the entire Dark Legion, besides Mei Ji, the only woman who was candid and magnanimous, never one to be bothered by trifling and insignificant details, already considered to be one of the guys that made Lou Jun Yao see her in a different light, only Mei Ji was able to even come close to his shadow. All other women were no different from air in Lou Jun Yao's eyes.

Hence, even the Temple Lord herself in the Divine Temple who was rumoured to be as beautiful as a goddess was someone their Lord had turned a blind eye to.

Chapter 72: Saw Through The Pretense

After Yan Ning Luo left, there wasn't much of a change in the Eternal Peace Duke Manor.

It was not known whether it was due to the effect of Yan Su's words before, but even though Han Mo Yan still did not care to see the pair of siblings in the Tranquil Abode around, she did not come find trouble with them.

"Sixth Young Miss, Second Young Master, Lord Yun is here."

With the announcement from the servant girl outside the door, the gentle and refined green robed figure of a man then appeared, coming inside led in by the servant girl.

Yun Qi was the Imperial Palace's Head Elixir Cultivator and he was merely just over twenty years of age, but was already a Gold level first grade Elixir Cultivator. It was said that the Green Wave Emperor had helped his Master many years back and to return the favour, the Master had gotten his own disciple to come to the Green Wave Kingdom's Imperial Palace to unconditionally help resolve the Emperor's worries and difficulties for a period of three years.

Due to the request made from Yan Su, Yun Qi would come check on Qing Bei's condition every month to help him regain the mobility of both his legs.

The servant girl immediately went out after leading Yun Qi inside.

Yun Qi stood there quietly with his hands behind his back, his gentle eyes gazing at the beautiful and vibrantly coloured plants thriving in the courtyard that swayed gently under the breeze, a vivid and highly pretty sight.

A tiny and adorable little bird then flew down from the sky, seemingly having been drawn by the brilliant colours, it sharp beak pecking curiously at one of the white flowers shaped like a round plate.

Something incredible then happened.

In the middle of that white plate shaped flower, a crack suddenly appeared which turned from a thin line to become a mouth filled with sharp teeth, immediately biting onto the long feathers on the back of the bird's tail, leading it to let out a startled cry, struggling valiantly and managing to fly away in escape.

The mouth on the round plate shaped flower then pouted like a displeased child as it spat out the feathers, before it then hid its mouth from sight once again.

Yun Qi's eyes flashed with a glint as he stared uncomprehendingly at the rows of beautiful plants.

[All these seemingly innocent looking plants, were they all.....]

"Is Lord Yun interested in my garden?" The languid mirth filled voice of a young lady suddenly rang out.

Yun Qi was startled as he turned his eyes.

It was at the moment when the sun had risen up high up and a young lady in a white dress was standing there at the open doorway, looking like she had come bringing endless light, so brilliantly bright that one was unable to look straight at her. There was a faint tinge of a smile on her lips, though not warm, but felt just right, that would not make a person feel distant.

The last time that Yun Qi had come here, he had not seen Qing Yu. So, seeing that there was another young lady in the Tranquil Abode, he asked a little puzzledly: "Miss, you are?"

"I am Little Bei's elder sister. My name is Yan Qing Yu."

The young lady then strode over as she walked down the steps, her exquisitely alluring countenance seemingly gilded with a sheen of light, her upslanted phoenix like eyes slightly raised, mesmerizing and soul stirring.

Yun Qi was dazed for a moment, before he quickly regained his senses. "Miss Yan, I am here to check on the Second Young Master's recovery progress."

"We've troubled you. Please."

At that moment inside the room, Qing Bei was teasing Little Snow.

It was strange to say in the least. He had always avoided Little Snow whenever he could before, unable to even look at the little Snow Toad at all. But ever since the time Qing Yu had gone missing for a few days where Little Snow had stayed by his side in accompaniment, the two of them having only each other to depend on throughout that period, Qing Yu had changed his attitude towards the toad, no longer disgusted by it, and even finding it rather fun to play with.

The tiny Snow Toad on the table was sprawled flat, giving people the feeling it had completely given up on living.

Seeing that scene, Qing Yu quickly rescued the Snow Toad from its predicament. [This kid is really becoming more and more lawless. How can he make fun of her little adorable pet like this?]

Chapter 72.2: Saw Through The Pretense

Qing Bei was just about to say something when he saw that there was another person following behind Qing Yu and he immediately turned to become obedient. "Big Brother Yun, you're here. I've troubled you once again."

"This is part of my job anyway." Yun Qi said gently, his gaze passing fleetingly over the Snow Toad in the young lady's hands.

Although Qing Bei was seated in his wheelchair, but the mental state he exhibited was unlike anyone who had been unable to walk and suffered from sickness for a long time. Yun Qi then gently rolled up the legs of Qing Bei's pants. Although the youth's legs were thin, but its muscles were defined and shape of the legs were normal, seemingly very strong.

People who had both their legs crippled, no matter how strong their body's constitution was, could not possibly remain no different from a normal healthy person.

The first time that Yun Qi had checked the youth's condition, he had already felt that something did not feel quite right and what he saw now just made him more certain.

The ends of his lips lifted slightly and his slender fingers suddenly pressed on an acupoint when his legs bent. "Do you feel anything here?"

[So itchy.....]

That was the only thing that was going through Qing Bei's mind at that moment.

But he could not show it and his face was largely unchanged but for a slightly frustrated look. "No."

"Is that so?" Yun Qi arched up an eyebrow and the he exerted a bit more strength into his hand. "Still do not feel anything?"

[Itchy! Itchy! It's so itchy!]

[My Big Brother don't press that point anymore. I'm almost at my limits and am about to reach my hand down to scratch it!]

The youth's hands placed at his sides pinched the soft flesh at his hips and he secretly drew in a deep breath. "No..... feeling."

"That is strange." Yun Qi then gave up on tormenting his legs and his hands released their hold on them.

Qing Bei then breathed out in relief.

Yun Qi then unexpectedly laughed lightly and said. "Second Young Master, do you know? The acupoint that I pressed just now, for a person who has both legs crippled, they should be able to feel that. If you did not feel anything, that just shows that your legs are completely fine."

The moment those words were said, Qing Bei immediately backtracked and replied: "Actually, I did feel something just now. It was incredibly itchy like there were ants biting my leg."

Once he said that, he felt that something felt wrong and his eyes widened. "You tricked me?"

He had definitely felt that but Yun Qi had said that only people who had both their legs crippled would be able to feel anything!

[Isn't that clear that he had been played? !]

Yun Qi gave a low laugh. "It would seem like the weak and chaotic pulse I felt the first time I came to check on your condition was something you set up intentionally as well. Why are you doing this?"

The youth's eyes turned cold and then said solemnly: "You could have continued to pretend to not know anything. Bringing it out so clearly into the open, aren't you afraid that you would not be able to walk out from here today?"

"Little Bei, you are not to be rude to Lord Yun." Qing Yu's voice wafted in lazily from outside the door. "Will your childish tricks be able to escape the eyes of a Gold level Elixir Cultivator? Since Lord Yun had helped you the first time, then he would naturally help you to the end."

Hearing that, Qing Bei's face looked at Yun Qi strangely, like he did not really believe that the man would continue to help him hide it.

Yun Qi did not exhibit any displeasure on the surface but just turned to say with a faint smile towards the young lady outside the door: "The young Miss is a high level Elixir Cultivator and my humble self has embarrassed myself here. The garden outside is filled with amazing flowers and strange plants, every single species possessing lethal poison that would kill with one touch. But when all these highly numerous and varied types of poisonous plants are combined together, they completely neutralize and cancel out each others' toxins, a rare sight to be seen. I fear that only my revered Master might be able to compare to the young Miss' high level of medical knowledge."

Chapter 72.3: Saw Through The Pretense

"Lord Yun has very sharp eyes indeed." Qing Yu's lips curled up, her eyes swirling with a gleam. "I hope that the Lord can continue to play dumb. This child fell to harm under the nefarious scheming of wicked people at a very young age and he had no other choice but to do this. He is at a juncture that calls for an appropriate opportunity that would allow him to stand on his feet once again. Over on my father's side, the Lord will only need to tell him that the boy is currently recovering."

"My humble self understands." Yun Qi nodded. "I will take it as I do not know anything."

"Thank you." The young lady's lips split into a smile, that looked more radiant than the sun outside.

Yun Qi lowered his eyes without any change in his expression. "In that case, I shall take my leave."

"Take care my Lord."

After seeing Qing Yu see Yun Qi out, the youth then asked in puzzlement. "Why will Yun Qi help us? Is it because Sis is an Elixir Cultivator and he wants to butter you up?"

Driven to laughter from the youth's question, Qing Yu then rapped him on the head. "Can't you see the righteous air in that man, one without worldly desires? Would such a sagely person be one that would seek to win my favour?"

"Then why?" Qing Bei could not understand it. "And did he really see through me the first time? I had clearly made my pulse become one just like what a seriously ill person's would be like!"

"Firstly, your subterfuge is still not up to par. Moreover, this Yun Qi is not just any pretty vase but someone with real skills and you think you are able to pull wool over a Elixir Cultivator's eyes?" Qing Yu said as she shot him a glance.

Qing Bei could not help but click his tongue and said: "Looks like this Elixir Cultivator is very good!"

"Otherwise why do you think all those Elixir Cultivators are all so rich? As long as you have the name of Elixir Cultivator hanging above your head, you'll be respected wherever you go, as even a single low grade elixir pill can sell for several hundred taels." Qing Yu's gaze then darkened. "But..... there are also too many people calling themselves Elixir Cultivators who go around swindling people."

The Cloud Heaven had the Divine Healers, the White Fen Lands the Elixir Cultivators Association and in the Constellation Lands, it was the top Elixir Cultivator Family Clan who passed their medical knowledge down the generations, the Mu Family.

The Mu Family's current Family Head was Mu Qing Tian and he just celebrated his fortieth birthday several days ago.

Mu Qing Tian was an upright and impartial man who was kind to people and enjoyed a very good reputation. But he had no sons to his name but just one lone precious daughter, the only memory of his late wife he had. He had not remarried all these years as he did not want his daughter to be aggrieved in anyway, a highly affectionate father.

And the daughter he had held so very precious to his heart, had truly not disappointed him.

Though a girl, the way she handled and dealt with matters did not lose out to any of the boys, and no one in the entire clan did not accept her as the Young Lord.

At that moment in the training square, was a very tall girl dressed in black combat clothes, the snaking whip in her hand cracking viciously through the air to cut down a tree that was about as thick as a grown man's waist, that then fell to the ground with a loud crash.

"Whoa whoa whoa! Elder sis's cultivation has grown quite a bit recently!" A mocking voice filled with ridicule reached her from behind.

The girl retrieved her whip and threw a glance at him. "When did you come back?"

"I came back last night and I did not go disturb you as it was too late." Mu Chi replied with a lazy yawn.

"I heard that you lost to that fella Mu Qian Shang and you lost exceptionally spectacularly."

Mu Chi's face stiffened and he then snorted derisively before saying: "I can't be blamed for that at all you know? That maniac already completely topped me just by elemental attributes alone and there was no way I could fight against that at all."

"Excuses. You're still too weak." The girl said scornfully as she turned around.

It was a face that could be considered to be pretty and adorable but not very outstanding, though with a pair of incredibly clear and lively eyes, like they could strike right upon people's hearts, which lent an added sense of radiance to that slightly bland countenance.

Chapter 73: You Can Go Secretly Learn

This was the Mu Family's Mu Lai.

A Elixir Cultivator at the Silver level's eighth grade, wielding dual elements lightning and fire, a rare and highly skilled cultivator of both martial arts and medicine throughout the lands. And because of her tyrannically powerful cultivation together with her swift and decisive hand, she was given the title of Lady Devil by the people.

Though he was mocked like that, Mu Chi did not try to explain any further but just clicked his tongue and said reluctantly: "Yes yes yes, I'm weak. Will that do? How can I possibly compare with a prodigious genius like you?"

"Good that you know that." Mu Chai said coldly.

Mu Chi was speechless. "....." [No sense of humility at all.]

"There is still half a year's time before the Faint Mist Sect will open up to recruit new disciples and I am going to go." Mu Lai said softly as she took the handkerchief from the servant's hand to wipe off her perspiration.

Mu Chi was taken aback a moment, and was then a little puzzled. "Weren't you unwilling to join any of the sects? When I wanted you to come with me to the Limitless Sect before, you had rejected me flat!"

"All the various sects care about too many trifling details and have all kinds of rules. I will naturally not want to be bound." Mu Lai said with a jeering smile. "But as I am now stuck at the Silver level's eight grade and have not been able to break through, I heard that there is a kind of spirit spring in the Faint Mist Sect that can help a Elixir Cultivator breakthrough the level bottlenecks and I thought that I might as well go try my luck."

"So that's the reason. And I thought you've straightened out your thinking." Mu Chi nodded his head in understanding, but then suddenly seemed to have thought of something. "But, once you are accepted into the Faint Mist Sect, then it will be two whole years before you will be able to come out!"

Mu Lai looked at him with a calm expression on her face. "I am only interested in the spirit spring and am not going in there seeking to cultivate for immortality. Who would dare stop me if I want to come out?"

[Is that even acceptable.....]

[But that was indeed the style of the Lady Devil.]

But it might as well be that. The Mu Family was famous in the Constellation Lands and everyone would naturally know that they were a family clan of Elixir Cultivators. Moreover, Mu Lai did indeed have what it took for her to be so haughty and arrogant.

Mu Chi was deep in thought when he heard her ask in an emotionless voice: "Why, on your trip back to the palace this time, your relationship with the Emperor did not thaw?"

"Thaw out our relationship?" Mu Chi's voice sounded like he had just heard the biggest joke. "Will you be able to recollect back water that you've thrown out? I've already said it back then. Even if he begs me, I will never return to that place."

"He is afterall still your father."

"Ha! I have already shown him great benevolence by not killing him." The youth whom everyone knew to be sunny and good looking seemed to have hidden all the bad things deep in his heart, where no one would ever be able to reach.

Just what had exactly happened deep inside the palace then, maybe only he himself knew.

Mu Lai's brows creased up, but did not say anything more.

Having come back to the Gathered Cloud Loft for tens of days and it seemed that the intention was that they would be staying there for quite a long period. Bai Zhi Yan then reopened the covert Rich Fragrance Court which was fronted by the teahouse used as a disguise, its business sad and dismal, with just two or three people idling around in the main floor as they chatted with each other.

Meanwhile, the Rich Fragrance Court on the other hand was overflowing with people, many of them regulars who came frequently, and also people recommended by others.

It was said that the ladies here had the most outstanding looks in the Imperial Capital, both talented and beautiful. Anyone who came before would not be able to extricate themselves, enjoying themselves so much they would forget to even go home.

And the fine wine and delicacies in Rich Fragrance Court was also one of a kind, where many of the nobles who had tasted all kinds of gourmet foods and delicacies attested that the taste of their food would leave what the Imperial Chefs were able to whip up in the dust.

But their prices were also exceptionally expensive. Though that was the case, it did not stop the footsteps of the people from coming here. They were afterall people who had no lack of money and their closure in the past few months had roused up a bout of displeasure among them.

Chapter 73.2: You Can Go Secretly Learn

Looking at the Gathered Cloud Loft from the outside, it could not look any more ordinary, its size just about right, looking neither unpresentable or decrepit, nor was it too ostentatious or attention grabbing. Throughout that street in the Imperial Capital, it was considered to be one of the less conspicuous looking buildings.

Of course, the majority of the people who had not come here before would all be deceived by its unattractive facade.

It was only after one had truly stepped inside that they would discover that there was much more than meets the eye.

You would never be able to imagine that such a small little teahouse had actually been separated into three enormous sections.

Besides the teahouse and the Rich Fragrance Court, there was also an exquisite and beautiful little courtyard with a room hidden inside, with a long and winding corridor that had a little bridge and a small running stream, filled with colourful fish chasing each other playfully, providing a highly lively sight.

Lou Jun Yao was used to enjoying the comforts in life and no matter where he was, the environment must always be warm to the heart and pleasing to the eye. Using Bai Zhi Yan's words to describe it, every single brick and every one tile here, was all money money money!

But as they had a dimensional artifact, they would be able to carry this place away with them anytime they wanted. Otherwise, when they leave from here, wouldn't they be wasting such a precious and invigorating spot?

At the end of that long corridor was a pavilion, where Lou Jun Yao and Bai Zhi Yan were currently engaged in discussion. A screech then tore through the air, and the bare and empty table suddenly had a gorgeous multi coloured bird appear on it. Its beautiful eyes fluttered weakly as it stomped its little clawed feet lazily.

"Why have you come here again?" Bai Zhi Yan said rather mournfully as he twitched a corner of his mouth before he took off the nifty little bamboo tube on its feet. He continued to prattle on as he read the note: "Does that Xun Luo really have nothing better to do? We have the Voice Transmitting Device and he chooses not to use it, insisting to imitate others by passing notes through this whole homing pigeon thing. I fear that this little thing here is about to scratch someone already."

The bird was one of the rarer and more expensive species in Cloud Heaven. Although it looks small and petite like a pet, it was a rare species that was able to fly ten thousand miles in a day, a divine bird that was able to enter the void and pass through dimensions. It understood humans and for that, it was very well liked by people in Cloud Heaven.

"Huh? The Dark Legion has started to recruit Elixir Cultivators? ?" Bai Zhi Yan blinked his eyes. "Could it be because they found themselves at a disadvantage the last time and they want to prepare themselves beforehand now? But aren't they setting the requirements a little too high?"

Lou Jun Yao did not even turn his eyes but could roughly guess what was written on the note. His thin lips arced up slightly and he then made a statement that had Bai Zhi Yan scratching his head. "I heard that Zhuge Xiong was initially from your Divine Healers Sect."

Bai Zhi Yan was taken aback before he replied. "I think he came out from under the Third Elder's hand....."

"Since he was from the same sect as all of you, I would think that he knows the Divine Healers Sects ways inside out. So if the Dark Legion was seeking to recruit Elixir Cultivators, people from the Divine Healers Sect would basically be excluded." Lou Jun Yao said in an unhurried tone, before he laughed softly. "But alas, Gold level Elixir Cultivators can be found everywhere on the street but only in the Divine Healer Sect would there be a higher chance for them to find a Green Bronze level Elixir Cultivator."

Bai Zhi Yan immediately understood hearing that, his devilishly handsome looking face becoming a little perplexed. "How could I have forgotten about that? Looks like the chances of their plans coming to fruition is not that high!"

"Don't we have you here though?" Lou Jun Yao said with an imperceptible smile.

"Aren't I from the Divine Healers Sect as well?" Bai Zhi Yan said, shooting him a glance.

The man's mesmerizing violet eyes then came to be tinged with an unfathomable glint and he said softly: "You can go secretly learn something from the Little Fox."

"Any why have I not thought of that before! ?" It suddenly dawned on Bai Zhi Yan. "I suggested that we should discuss Medicine together before. Even though I was rejected, I should have shamelessly persisted! I must definitely secretly pick up a skill or two from there!"

Chapter 73.3: You Can Go Secretly Learn

Don't blame him for being so spineless but that lass was really the most outstanding and skilful Elixir Cultivator he had seen in so many years. Back then, he had not even been fully convinced of the old ancestors in the sect and it could be seen now just how much he admired Qing Yu.

Hearing Bai Zhi Yan sounding so confident of himself, Lou Jun Yao just gave him a highly profound smile and then stood up to walk away.

Bai Zhi Yan looked at the back of that tall and slender figure and for no reason he suddenly just felt that the guy seemed to be in such a good mood?

He just could not fathom him out. He felt like he would never be able to comprehend the Lord's mind.

— Water Edge Kingdom —

After about half a month's journey, the convoy of people finally reached the mysterious kingdom in the sea. This was a nation built in the middle of the vast and boundless ocean and they were approaching closer to it with every step, where it suddenly came to stand right before their eyes.

There were no boats or vessels around it and it made people can't help themselves but wonder just how was one supposed to cross that stretch of the sea?

It was said that the people of the Water Edge Kingdom knew magic but it was just a rumour, where no one really believed that. But no one was also able to explain how they were able to stand upon the water's surface and not sink, like they were walking as steadily as they were on land, a strange and baffling sight.

That's right. Every single one of the soldiers in the convoy had walked over the sea's surface to cross over to the other side.

Only one person was different. He relied completely on his deep and profound cultivation to walk over the water, the surging waves below his feet freezing into ice in the instant before he approached, the exact same phenomenon like it had been back at the Green Wave Kingdom's New Moon Lake.

The convoy of people quickly reached the Imperial Palace.

"Respects to the Duke of Vast Seas and the Ninth Princess on your return to the palace!"

A horde of court officials in the grand hall bowed and chorused, passionately welcoming them back from the bottom of their hearts.

The atmosphere in the Water Edge Kingdom's Imperial Court was great. Although the Emperor Yue Mu Chen was frail and sickly, but he possessed unsurpassing intelligence, where no one could compare to him at all. With the support of the Duke of Vast Seas, he ruled over the kingdom very well and all the officials respected him greatly, never was there an instance where people came forward just to flatter and fawn on him.

From up on the throne, Yue Mu Chen's eyes were filled with smiles that had been long missed and although his complexion was pale, his eyes were bright and lively. "The trip must have been arduous for the Duke of Vast Seas. Men, quickly bring him a seat."

Standing above all but just below one man, only Qing Ye Li was qualified to sit right beside the Emperor.

The court attendants immediately brought in a soft and comfy chair and placed it on the left side of the dragon throne. Qing Ye Li obeyed the orders and slowly came over to sit down.

"How was the trip for the Duke of Vast Seas?" Yue Mu Chen asked with concern.

"It was alright." Qing Ye Li said indifferently. "But, I received some good news."

"Good news?" Yue Mu Chen asked in surprise, and the officials down below perked up their ears curiously.

"Your Majesty's health, might be able to be saved." Qing Ye Li said in a very calm tone, but the words caused the entire hall to erupt.

"Is that really true? His Majesty can really be saved! ?"

"If that is really the case, then that's really great! His Majesty's health has really worried us very much all these years!"

"The Duke of Vast Seas is truly the Water Edge's lucky star, always bring us such great fortune."

No matter how excited everyone was, the impact was probably not as great as it was for Yue Mu Chen.

The man whose emotions were kept well in check suddenly had a slight rosiness rise in his cheeks on the pale but handsome looking face. "Is..... that really true?"

If it had been anyone else who came to tell him that his illness could be cured, Yue Mu Chen would not believe a single word of it. But it was told to him by Qing Ye Li this time and that made the whole thing a whole lot more believable.

He had endured too much disappointment over the years where his heart that had been brimming with hope finally sank down into the deepest valley, not daring to harbour any hope after they had been burnt to ashes. Yue Mu Chen was just living through his life one day at a time, where every one more day he still lived was a blessing.

Chapter 74: You Want to Leave The Water Edge

The man's voice was not loud. But in that instant that he opened his mouth, the grand hall became quiet, and everyone was carefully waiting to hear the response.

Before that pair of eyes filled with longing and anticipation, Qing Ye Li nodded his head, his voice seemingly filled with a kind of magical strength that was highly calming to people's hearts. "On this trip, I found the person that I have been looking for many years, and I have given my word that your Majesty's condition will definitely improve when that happens."

Hearing those words, Yue Mu Chen's eyes widened. "Are you saying that you've really found that highly powerful Elixir Cultivator?"

"Yes, I have."

"Then where is he? Has he come to the Water Edge Kingdom with you? Bring him in quickly!" Yue Mu Chen said rather excitedly.

Qing Ye Li then gave a soft sigh. "Unfortunately, that person did not come here, but has gifted to me some elixirs before we parted, that would be able to temporarily regulate and condition your Majesty's body first."

With those words, the Emperor seated up above could not help but feel a little disappointed.

Seeing that, Qing Ye Li's eyes darkened and his voice was low as he said: "Your Majesty, you body is now too weak and frail and the process has to be slow. Although it cannot be guaranteed that the condition will be completely cured, but we can at least stabilize the condition first so you will not cough out blood any more."

"Will it really do that?" Hearing Qing Ye Li say that. Yue Mu Chen was still filled with anticipation.

As he had this condition that made him cough out blood, everytime his blood and Qi surged, he would suffer an especially hard bout of coughing, expelling a great amount of blood, where his body would then collapse completely.

If that could be alleviated by just a bit, it would be a lot easier for him.

"I believe that your Majesty believes in what I say." Qing Ye Li said expressionlessly. "All other Elixr Cultivators in these lands are not even one tenth of this person."

"I will naturally believe the words of the Duke of Vast Seas. But with such a talented person, if we can....." Yue Mu Chen's words hesitated slightly, his gaze looking straight at the Qing Ye Li. "I hope that the Duke of Vast Seas will be able to persuade this person to come work for the Water Edge Kingdom."

Once that voice fell, the aura around Qing Ye Li changed in an instant. The powerful oppressive aura caused everyone in the grand hall to be unable to breathe and Yue Mu Chen who was nearest to him was implicated as well, his face immediately turning even more pale.

"For some people, I think it is better that your Majesty does not come to harbour any ideas." The beast like eyes under the mask were watching the Emperor on the elevated main seat unfeelingly. "It's enough that the Water Edge has me."

The oppressive aura then faded, and everyone was granted relief from the oppression.

The mysterious and powerful man had given his word to remain in the Water Edge to support Yue Mu Chen because Yue Mu Chen had saved his life many years before and he had put down the chaos that had been sweeping through the kingdom in one fell swoop, allowing the frail and sickly Emperor who had not been able to gain the support of everyone to ascend to the throne, helping Yue Mu Chen firm his hold on the position.

With his powers, if he had the slightest notion, he could very well have just proclaimed himself to be the Emperor, but he did not. That was enough for people to see his character and how he kept to his word.

Qing Ye Li did not belong to the Water Edge nor was he even from these very lands. Everyone all thought this was the will of the Heavens, to have him descend among them, and help the Water Edge Kingdom become the strongest kingdom.

But they have forgotten that Qing Ye Li was never a person they could ever control. Although Yue Mu Chen was the emperor, the two people did not interact with each other like the way it should be between an Emperor and his minister, but was more like friends standing on equal grounds.

Yue Mu Chen had gotten a little too anxious just now and his tone of voice had unconsciously sounded a little like he was giving a command.

But Qing Ye Li did not mind such insignificant details in the least. What bothered him was that Yue Mu Chen should not have come to harbour any thoughts of recruiting Qing Yu under them.

She was meant to be high up above people from the moment she was born, and no one was qualified enough to make her submit.

Chapter 74.2: You Want to Leave The Water Edge

Yue Mu Chen was startled for a moment by the insidious cold in the man's eyes before he shook his head and laughed. "I have merely been too excited and lost myself for a moment. I do not mean anything by that."

"Your Majesty should know how haughty and arrogant a high level Elixir Cultivator is, never submitting themselves to anyone easily, and it is only because of me that the person is willing to lend a helping hand." Qing Ye Li said and then passed the two little porcelain bottles to the attendant. "The dosage is indicated on them and it will help regulate his Majesty's condition."

"You've gone to so much trouble." Yue Mu Chen said gratefully.

"Your Majesty, I have a presumptuous request to make." Qing Ye Li suddenly stood up and opened his mouth to say. Although he had stated it as a request, his tone of voice was determined and resolute. "I would like to, resign from my position as the Duke of Vast Seas!"

"What?"

Once those words came out, not only Yue Mu Chen, but all the court officials below were stunned in their spots. To all of them, it was as devastating as being struck by a bolt out of the blue.

The Duke of Vast Seas was the Water Edge's god of war and the very soul of the entire army's morale. If he was no longer with them, the Water Edge Kingdom would definitely be thrown into chaos.

Yue Mu Chen's face changed slightly and then slowly said: "Why do you want to resign? Are you thinking of..... leaving the Water Edge?"

"That's right." Qing Ye Li answered.

"For so many years, it is only because the Duke of Vast Seas, you, existed here that our Water Edge Kingdom was able to grow by the day, rising up to be the top among the Three Great Kingdoms. If you are not with us, all those smaller neighbouring countries sitting restless around us would jump at the opportunity and the Water Edge Kingdom would be placed in a dangerous situation. I sincerely ask that you reconsider!"

A tall and burly general among the officials clasped his hand over his fist and knelt on one knee, his face grave as he spoke. All the other officials then followed suit, the entire hall falling to their knees in a flurry.

"We beg that the Duke of Vast Seas consider!"

"Duke of Vast Seas, the Water Edge Kingdom cannot do without you!"

"Will the Duke of Vast Seas please stay! ?"

Seeing the scene before his eyes, Qing Ye Li's eyes darkened, his thin red lips stiffening up.

As for Yue Mu Chen, except for the shock he showed right at the beginning, he had now become calm. He got up from his Dragon Throne and came walking one step at a time to stand before Qing Ye Li, his pale white lips slightly curled up. "All the way from the beginning, I have known that this day would come sooner or later, but I had not thought that it would be so sudden."

"Is it because you have found that person that you have not been able to find all this time?"

Yue Mu Chen still remembered that right from the beginning, the was another big reason why Qing Ye Li had remained here in the Water Edge Kingdom besides repaying the debt for saving his life. He was looking for a person who could possibly have fallen into this world like him, and in the ten over years he had stayed in the Water Edge, he had sent people out across the oceans to search, but it had been to no avail.

And this time he had merely gone on a trip to the Green Wave Kingdom and he had immediately made such a request upon coming back. Yue Mu Chen's quick wits had guessed that was the case in an instant.

Qing Ye Li could not deny his words. "That person heard that you saved my life and took the initiative to say that if there is an opportunity to come to the Water Edge, your Majesty's health will definitely be restored. And I..... from very long ago, I have always been by that person's side, never ever parted for such a long period of time."

Yue Mu Chen laughed softly. "I am very curious what kind of person can make you do this. But I think that it must be a lady of extraordinary beauty!"

That was the only plausible scenario that even someone like Qing Ye Li would be wrapped around someone's finger like this.

"If fate decrees, you will see her too."

Yue Mu Chen suddenly turned his back around, and signaled to his attendant.

The attendant immediately stepped forward and announced to all the officials in court: "Today's morning court ends here. Court is dismissed!"

Chapter 74.3: You Want to Leave The Water Edge

All the people below then obediently took their leave where even the Imperial attendants bowed their backs and walked out. Within the vast grand hall, only Yue Mu Chen and Qing Ye Li were left, but the young Emperor had his face turned away at that moment so the expression on his face could not be seen.

After a long while, a long sigh was then heard from him.

"Including this year, it has been a good thirteen years since you came to the Water Edge Kingdom. This is a number that has now come to mean your impending departure." Yue Mu Chen's voice was soft, and listening to it carefully there did not seem to be any emotion in it. "I have always admired you and Xin Yan like you more than she likes me, her biological elder brother. Thirteen whole years..... Qing Ye Li, grant me this one last request. Only after the rest of this year has past, and then leave will you? !"

There was only two of them there at that moment. Yue Mu Chen did not use an officious tone but spoke like they were friends, sounding a lot more casual.

Qing Ye Li had thought that Yue Mu Chen had dismissed everyone else because he wanted to persuade him to stay, never having expected that he would be so candid and straightforward, not saying a single word about it.

But even if he had, it would be of no use. He was determined to go and anything he might have said would be in vain.

The expression on Qing Ye Li's face did not change. "I thank your Majesty for understanding. Although I will be leaving, but if the Water Edge Kingdom is in trouble, I will definitely lend a helping hand."

The Emperor's tall and thin figure did not move in the slightest but merely waved his hand, to indicate that Qing Ye Li can leave.

It was not known how long it had been, but only when he was the only person left in the vast hall, did Yue Mu Chen finally heave a sigh of relief, his face dejected as he slumped into his throne.

It was most probably because he had known Qing Ye Li for too long and now that the man was leaving, he was finding it hard to accept it. It was like having gotten used to having something in your life, and then suddenly finding that it had disappeared.

Yue Mu Chen gave a soft and imperceptible sigh as he raised his long fingers up to cover over his forehead in between his brows.

——

Every year when the great sects opened their doors to recruit new disciples, the atmosphere would always become exhilarating and nerve wracking at the same time. Even the Young Masters who were always out and about pleasure seeking were seen to restrain themselves, behaving quite a lot better.

The Three Great Sects were each other's checks and balances and the Faint Mist Sect had firmly taken the top position among the sects for many years with the Limitless Sect hot on their heels. Although the Carefree Valley was last among them, but they commanded great might as well. But as its ways and methods ran counter to the of the other two sects, having trained a top notch band of dark assassins who were both orthodox and unorthodox, greatly feared by many and despised by those who proclaimed themselves to be righteous.

At the very moment in the Carefree Valley, a gloomy looking middle aged man stood, his hands behind his back as he said: "Say that again?"

"Valley Chief please appease your anger. Your subordinate was ambushed midway through the journey and when I woke up..... all my clothes had been stripped off and I was bound to a tree....." The man down below was so angry his teeth were gritted together. "It must be the work of that traitor of the Carefree Valley, Baili Ji Ran who did it. I heard that he went to attend the All Saint's Day festival as the Carefree Valley's Young Lord! That is just utterly despicable!"

"Is that so?" The middle aged man said those two words very softly, and it was not possible to discern whether it was spoken in joy or rage.

"Valley Chief, isn't Baili Ji Ran being too wilful and arrogant here? Should we teach him a lesson? He was once a member of the Carefree Valley afterall and for him to disrespect the Carefree Valley so completely, it is the greatest affront to the Valley Chief!"

"Do not drag the Carefree Valley into your personal grievances." The middle aged man said offhandedly as he glanced at the man down below, like he could see right through him. He is someone from the White Fens Lands afterall and with the Four Great Family Clans branches from the same tree and united in the same breath, however strong the Carefree Valley is, do you think we can stand against the Four Great Family Clans of the White Fens Lands?"

With those words, the man immediately clamped his mouth and dared not speak. No matter how displeased he was with Baili Ji Ran, when before absolute might and authourity, he could only cowardly submit.

Chapter 75: Prodigious Youth

Looked at the man there suppressing his rage and not daring to speak, his face looking highly aggrieved, the middle aged man snorted derisively before he said: "If you can spare the effort to think how to get back at Baili Ji Ran, why not think how you can raise up the might of the Carefree Valley instead, so we can surpass the bunch of self righteous and sanctimonious hypocrites in the Faint Mist Sect and the Limitless Sect."

"Your subordinate has not thought it through clearly." The man said in a soft voice and his face then showed a tinge of delight. "Although Baili Ji Ran stole the thunder this time, but both Qian Shang and Qian Chen performed outstandingly in the All Saint's Day festival. Especially Qian Shang, who brought back the noble title of the male saint and was bestowed with many precious items by the Emperor together with one wish granted to him."

Hearing that, the middle aged man finally showed a kinder expression on his face. "Qian Shang is indeed an invaluable sprout of ours and his future is inestimable if he is properly groomed. Even the legendary top level lands, Cloud Heaven might not be beyond his reach."

"The Valley Chief is indeed farsighted."

On another side, ever since Yan Ning Luo suggested for her sisters to go for the Faint Mist Sect's recruitment tryouts, Yan Su started to place quite a bit of emphasis on that. He went out of his way to employ a elderly coach who had many years of experience teaching in the Faint Mist Sect before. The old man had gotten injured in an accident in the past and because he did not want to hold the sect back, he chose to quit from his position.

Yan Su was acquainted with the old man and even Yan Ning Luo had received instruction from him before.

At that moment in the Eternal Peace Duke Manor's training hall, the sisters Yan Xi Rou and Yan Xi Wu were there together with Qing Yu and Qing Bei. Yan Su had sent people bright and early in the morning, informing them to wait here.

Although Qing Bei was still deceptively seated in his wheelchair, but as Yun Qi had told Yan Su a few days ago that the youth's condition was improving by the day and the chances of him standing up was very great, Yan Su was of the mind that within half a year, Qing Bei might be able to stand up. Hence, Yan Su had asked Qing Bei come along as well.

It was probably because she was about to leave behind a life of fine luxury, it was not so bad for Yan Xi Wu whose personality was a little more steady, but that change was total upheaval for Yan Xi Rou where from being a slightly more busty beauty, she lost a whole round of weight, turning thin and slender, and any amount of pretty clothes or accessories was still unable to pique her interest.

Yan Xi Wu merely kept a straight and calm face throughout it all, a striking contrast against Yan Xi Rou.

Roughly a cup of tea's time later, footsteps sounded from outside, one slightly heavier and strong, the other lighter with its tread. Very soon, two people were seen walking in, where Yan Su led a thin looking old man who was not all that tall inside.

The old man was dressed in cloth made from plain and simple clothes, his hair half streaked with white. Although rather advanced in age, he seemed to be highly energetic and his eyes did not show the slightest bit of deterioration, sharp and incisive, looking like he was a man not prone to smiling.

"All of you come over quickly and let me introduce you." Yan Su waved his hand at the few of them. "This is Elder Qin Fang Qin, a teacher I invited here to help all of you increase your powers in these six months and to teach you some techniques to pass the Faint Mist Sect's trials, that will enable you to gain entry to go learn more inside."

After saying that, he turned his head back and said to the old man: "Elder Qin, these are a few of my rather inept children who are a little less gifted than Little Ning, and I hope that Elder Qin can work on them a little."

Qin Fang nodded his head. "Your Highness is just putting it too gravely. If these Young Masters and Young Missus really put their hearts into it, this old man will give them everything I have to help."

Yan Su reminded the few of them that they were to respect the elder and not try any tricks to slack off or there would be quite a bit of suffering awaiting them.

Chapter 75.2: Prodigious Youth

Upon saying that, he then left on his own.

Qin Fang then swept his gaze over the young group of people in front of him and then pulled out a white coloured palm sized rock from inside his sleeve before placing it in the centre of the training hall. In the instant that the rock was put on the floor, it suddenly expanded and grew to become about half a man's height. "All of you go can now go test yourselves with it. I need to know your gifted talents and your level of power."

That white rock was called a Gift Rock and basically everyone in these lands where might reigned supreme would know what it was.

It was used to test a person's gifted elemental attribute and their level and this piece of rock of Qin Fang's was even more superior where it was able to shrink or expand at will, making it easy to carry around, unlike those Gift Rocks in the sects which were large and bulky, completely immovable. This rock was like a upgraded artifact.

Yan Xi Rou's face paled and she was just about to say something when she saw Qin Fang's sharp eyes turn onto her. She immediately lowered her eyes and took a deep breath in resignation, before she went walking over a step at a time, to finally place her hand on the rock.

A faint glow appeared upon the Gift Rock, a muddy yellow colour. With the exception of Yan Xi Wu, everyone else present were stunned.

Even Qin Fang's stone faced expression showed a brief moment of cracking, like he had not expected such a situation at all.

Light of that colour was clearly of the Earth element with extremely strong defence powers. But the Earth element's light was always a brilliant and vibrant yellow and the manifestation of such a faint elemental glow just told everyone that was the "Mud" element.

And what was the "Mud" element? It was something similar to the Earth element, but just a mere touch of it, inheriting just a tiny bit of its defensive attributes. Putting it bluntly, it was a clumsy and bumbling offshoot of an element brought about by a trashy and useless body constitution.

No wonder Yan Xi Rou had looked as if death was impending. With such useless talent that could only be said to be a one of a kind, it was little wonder she said that going to the Faint Mist Sect was as good as sending herself to her death!

Yan Xi Rou hung her head as she stepped away. She was so ashamed of herself at that moment that she could not even lift her head up to see all the mocking faces.

Yan Xi Wu looked at her and creased up her brows before she stepped forward to become the second one to go take the test. A light blue glow flared briefly upon the Gift Rock and faded away. It was the Water element and looking at the intensity of the light it would seem that she had just recently comprehended her elemental powers and had just stepped over to enter the realm of cultivation.

The brows of Qin Fang knitted up so tightly it could easily kill a fly. Compared to Yan Ning Luo in the past, these two girls were not only slightly inferior to her, but could only be described as incredibly lacking and inept!

His gaze then turned towards the young boy and girl pair with highly outstanding and beautiful looks the other side. His gaze deepened having noticed that the two of them had been calm and composed right from the beginning, their demeanor steady. He then wondered..... whether they really possessed great power or were they just putting on an act.

Qing Yu looked at the Gift Stone with interest before she patted the young lad on the shoulder and said softly: "Why not you go have a try? I would like to see what kind of a level you have reached."

Qing Bei nodded and he pushed his wheelchair right before the Gift Stone and leaned forward to place his hand on it. A blinding blue and purple light immediately exploded out from the stone.

Qin Fang's bright eyes sparkled at that moment. "Lightning!"

However, in the next second, another golden light appeared, and within that golden light that was as brilliant as the sun, there was a sliver of bright red that looked like blood.

"How is that even possible! ?" Qin Fang just could not believe his eyes at all. [Is this the Gold element? But that sliver of red inside was clearly what only the Fire element would show.]

[Could that be a transformed variant of the Gold element? A form of power that was even stronger than the Gold element itself!]

Chapter 75.3: Prodigious Youth

Qing Yu raised an eyebrow when she saw that gold mixed with red. [Why does she feel that..... she has seen that elemental power before? !]

"Mistress, that is the Blaze element. Children who are descended from the bloodline of that long ancient family would inherit this gift, and the Blaze element in Mistress' body is even stronger than the kid's." Zang Mai's tiny voice said from inside her body.

"Blaze element?" Qing Yu was hearing that for the first time and she could not help but feel curious. "Then, what is so special about this element?"

"It gives the ability to self heal. No matter how severe the injury is, the wielder of this element will be able to heal and restore himself. The attack ability of the Blaze element is even more dominant and ferocious than the Snow element and at its peak, it is able to kill a super expert with just one hit." Zang Mai explained.

Qing Yu could not help but smack her lips when she heard that. "It's really that powerful? Isn't that as good as cheating with a divine artifact? Even when one is beaten up half to death, he will still be able to recover very quickly, and not know exhaustion."

"That will be the case under most circumstances, but it has its advantages and disadvantages. One can only be injured once a day and if they continue to get hurt, the pain felt would be ten times the norm."

Qing Yu was speechless. "....." [How terrifying, better not get injured.]

On the other side, Qin Fang's eyes that were looking at Qing Bei had already changed completely, undoubtedly seeing him as a peerless prodigy, one that even surpassed the greatest female prodigy, Yan Ning Luo.

Although Qing Yu checked out with a Fire element after that but compared to Qing Bei's Lightning element and another transformed Gold element, hers did not come to be all that impressive anymore.

Among these four people here, Qing Bei's gifts were the most outstanding and Qin Fang was exceptionally amiable towards him. But when he saw him sitting upon a wheelchair, he could not help but feel a tinge of regret. With such exemplary gifts and he was confined to a wheelchair. A classic example of the Heavens being jealous of heroes!

"What is your name?" Qin Fang asked as he looked at the youth with a gentle gaze.

"Responding to the Elder's words, I am called Yan Qing Bei, and this is my sister, Yan Qing Yu."

Although he did not know how Qing Yu had managed to suppress her gifts to make it appear so ordinary, which threw him into the limelight, he was still not willing to have anyone slight him in anyway.

Qin Fang nodded his head. "Not bad, not bad. The both of you are rather good. As for your legs....."

"The Elder can rest assured. My legs are already on its way to recovery. The Lord Elixir Cultivator in the palace has said that I will definitely be able to stand up within half a year's time." Qing Bei opened his mouth to say.

"That's great. Otherwise, if your physical mobility is affected, it will greatly affect your chances of being accepted into the Faint Mist Sect." Qin Fang nodded his head to say, looking satisfied.

Yan Xi Wu's gaze darkened, her fists tightening up, but did not say a word.

Yan Xi Rou's eyes had grown red rimmed, her gaze filling up with hatred as she stared at Qing Yu and Qing Bei who were getting all the attention, and she bit her full and luscious lip so hard that blood trickled out.

[Why was she born with such a useless and trashy body constitution but those two little bastards who had always been inferior to her, children born from a lowly concubine, could possibly possess such prodigious gifts?]

[She did not want to go to whatever Faint Mist Sect at all but right at that moment, she had already been shamed and completely humiliated.]

Qin Fang then gave the young youth more instructions before he turned towards Yan Xi Wu and said: "Your talent is rather weak and you have just started to comprehend elemental powers. But it is still not too late and what you have to learn to do now is to absorb the spirit energy from your surroundings to strengthen your cultivation and I will teach you how to do that in a while."

"Yes." Yan Xi Wu answered.

After Qin Fang finished saying that, he then turned to the pale faced Yan Xi Rou. "As for you....."

Chapter 76: Upgraded Lightning Summoning Palm

Qin Fang's voice paused a moment before he said: "Learn to comprehend your elemental power first. From ancient times, people with useless spirit foundations had seen miracles happen before. You are of the Earth element and if you can raise your defensive abilities, you can become a very good supporting force."

"Thank you Elder for your pointers." Yan Xi Rou said submissively.

Qin Fang was exceptionally amiable towards Qing Bei and hence he gifted the youth a martial arts technique cultivation manual the first time they met called the <>. Qing Yu had probably gained some favour as well on account of her younger brother as Qin Fang was also all smiles towards her as he taught her a set of cultivation chants for Fire element wielders that would help increase her powers.

Those actions had undoubtedly caused Yan Xi Rou and Yan Xi Wu to further hate the pair of siblings out of jealousy.

After that, the few of them then started with their first day's training while Qin Fang remained on the side to observe them in silence.

Firstly, on Yan Xi Wu's side, although her level of talent was average, she won out on being willing to put in effort. Under Qin Fang's guidance, from her ignorance of the Water element in the beginning, she was actually able to form up a stream in the end skillfully as she willed it, surprising even herself.

When she first just came to comprehend elemental powers, she was only able to form up a few droplets, which would disappear in a mere instant.

She was now actually able to call forth such a great amount of water, and all of that under her control. The discontent and disappointment Yan Xi Wu had felt before quickly evaporated, turning into such a huge surprise where she then said very gratefully: "Elder, have I improved?"

Qin Fang nodded his head solemnly. "Not bad, you aren't really all that dense. Continue practising!"

"Yes!"

In contrast, Yan Xi Ruo with her "useless" talent soon came to affirm her title as "useless".

Qin Fang had shown her extra attention and told her how to search for her elemental power in her sea of consciousness, to look for it bit by bit and capture them all in the end, to transform them into her own power.

"Close your eyes and keep your mind free of distractions. Cleanse out your consciousness. You cannot hear anything, you cannot see anything, and before you is just a endless sea of stars."

"There are some specks of light around you. Slowly go close to them and try to interact with them. That is the elemental power in your body and you need to get them all to return back into your body before you can completely awaken the Earth element....."

Yan Xi Rou did based on what Qin Fang told her but when she closed her eyes, it was pitch black before her, nothing that she could see. She knitted her brows together and tried very hard to calm herself down, as she attempted to sense the elemental powers around her.

"Now, do you see them?" Qin Fang's hesitant and friendly sounding voice rang out.

"No, there is nothing at all." Yan Xi Rou shut her eyes tightly and said in exasperation.

Qin Fang's brows furrowed together. "You need to search without any distractions in your heart. If your heart is not calm, you will not be able to come sense the faint elemental power."

Yan Xi Rou's brows knitted up more tightly together. But the harder she forced herself to calm down, and to not think of a single thing, her heart just grew more frustrated and angry which caused her eyes to flare open in rage. "No distractions in my heart. How can I not be distracted? My mind is completely filled with thoughts of those two bastards Qing Yu and Qing Bei! Based on what can those two who are of such lowly birth possess gifts so much better than mine! ? I cannot accept that! They should be the useless pieces of trash and I should be the prodigious one! !"

She had probably held everything inside for too long and Yan Xi Rou was not about to care about anything this time, but to vent everything she held repressed inside out.

Qin Fang was startled by her reaction and his already stern looking face then darkened further before he snorted derisively and turned around to leave, tossing out a single statement saying: "Nothing can be carved out of rotten wood."

Chapter 76.2: Upgraded Lightning Summoning Palm

With his identity as the Faint Mist Sect's Elder back then, he was well respected. As he was acquainted with Yan Su and he had tutored the greatest female prodigy Yan Ning Luo before, he then agreed to come give these few kids some pointers. But he had never thought that such a heroic figure like Yan Su who was so righteous and stalwart would have such a narrow minded daughter who would be such a failure.

It would still be alright if she knew she was not gifted and refuse to work hard but she still went on to blame the gods and accuse others, jealous of her younger sister and brother. A person with such character even if she made it into the Faint Mist Sect might very well go down the wrong path in future.

Qin Fang then went over to another side of the training grounds in a gloomy mood to where Qing Yu was practicing her cultivation.

Going over there, he was suddenly taken aback a moment, his eyes staring wide in astoundment.

He had initially thought it would be easier for him to observe their ability in comprehending their powers by separating the four of them but when he came over here, he saw the brother and sister pair here together. He did not even begin to throw a fit but just stood there staring incredulously at the scene before his eyes.

Qing Bei's legs had completely recovered several years ago and Qing Yu had naturally not let him slacken in his cultivation.

With the thousands and thousands of martial art secret manuals kept in the Qing Family's Library, it was only a matter of days for Qing Yu who had a photographic memory to completely memorize them all. She had made copies of a few of those manuals and given them to Qing Bei to practice and cultivate. To Qing Bei, the <> far paled in comparison to those martial art manuals his elder sister had given to him and hence he did not think all that much of the manual he had just received.

"What? Although that is just a low grade martial art technique, but learning another technique will not do you any harm. You can use it to hide your powers when needed. If those covetous and unscrupulous scoundrels were to discover that you possess such supreme grade martial art techniques, be careful that you might draw persecution upon yourself." Qing Yu said as she gazed at the youth who was looking rather haughty, and could not help but mock with a laugh.

Qing Bei raised an eyebrow. "I am not praising myself here, but a martial art technique like that is not worth learning....."

Upon saying that, as if afraid that she would not believe him, he raised his hand and struck a palm upwards into the air. His action looked to be gentle without having exerted any strength but once that palm struck, the lightning type strike resonated over a large area, the skies that were clear for thousands of miles suddenly rolling with the rumble of thunder, which startled a flock of birds to fly up into the sky.

And Qin Fang was completely stunned by that very scene he saw.

Others might not know it all that well, but that technique was the one he had just personally given out, so how could he possibly not know? When the Lightning Summoning Palm was cultivated to its highest level, one would be able to alter the weather, summoning lightning and thunder and they could direct the power lightning as an offensive attack that dealt great damage.

The name "lightning summoning", meant that one would be able to summon lightning and thunder at will. And the youth had not used much of his strength with that highly casual strike of his palm just now, but he had actually been able to cause thunder to rumble.

The Lightning Summoning Palm had not even been in his hands for an incense stick's time! It was impossible that he would be able to master it in such a short period of time. Then, there can only be just one other possibility. That boy possessed incredible powers of comprehension and was blessed with extraordinary gift, a prodigy that would come to shake the world!

However that was still not finished, and there was more that would astound him even more.

After Qing Yu saw the youth's strike of his palm, she raised up an eyebrow strangely. "It seems like the Lightning Summoning Palm..... still has room for further improvement."

She took the manual from the youth's hand and flipped through it with a glance before she discovered there was some parts that felt wrong. "This is incomplete."

At least a third of it was missing, or it could possibly be a medium of superior grade martial art technique.

"So it is an incomplete copy. No wonder I was feeling that there were some parts that did not make sense, and its power seemed to have been weakened by quite a bit." Qing Bei complained as he thought about it. "Could Elder Qin have hidden a part of it in secret?"

Chapter 76.3: Upgraded Lightning Summoning Palm

"What a rascal!" Qing Yu rolled her eyes at him. "Can't you see that it's because the old Elder likes you that is why he is giving such a precious martial art manual to you? What he had is just this incomplete copy and moreover he is not a Lightning element user wielder himself so what good will it do him to hide it for himself?"

Being admonished, Qing Bei pouted and said: "I was merely just saying that casually only!"

Qing Yu rubbed her chin thoughtfully, and looked carefully at the words indicated inside the manual. "Only when the powers of Lightning and Flame are combined will their powers be brought to its peak..... Could that really be the case....."

The frail and slender looking beauty then gathered her entire body's energies together and she swiped the tip of her finger over the centre of her forehead. When she opened her eyes again, gold and red light flashed for a brief instant before immediately fading away. She flipped her bare open palm over and a ball of red and golden light had formed up in her hand, looking even more bright and brilliant against the fair and white skin of her hand.

"The power of Lightning Flame..... generally calls for the Fire element to be infused within."

Qing Yu said softly, and then before Qing Bei's surprised expression and Qin Fang's stunned and incredulous stare from a far distance away, her palm then made a sizzling noise, clearly displaying the blue and purple coloured light of the Lightning element.

With her body straight and erect, she raised her palm up high, the power from the two elements fused together immediately causing the clear sky to darken, the ominous grey hanging up above suddenly rumbling with thunder before a bolt of lightning came striking down. Seeing that, Qing Yu quickly dispersed the power as that bolt of lightning had struck merely a few meters away from her and everything then disappeared, while the sky gradually went back to normal.

Here they were playing with the weather which properly terrified a whole bunch of people outside.

"What is happening! ? With such clear skies for miles and a bolt suddenly just appeared out of the blue! ?"

"Have I been possessed? I almost thought that I was going to be killed by that bolt! Never thought that I would still be alive!"

"Could it be possible that some unmatched experts are fighting a duel around here?"

"This is just too dangerous. I had better go find a safe place for me to hide before I get caught up in an unexpected disaster."

And over at the training square, Qing Bei looked at the skies that had returned to normal and suddenly gulped before he said mechanically: "That bolt of lightning just now, I almost thought I would not be able to escape disaster."

That feeling was just too real!

Qing Yu blinked her eyes, looking rather innocently at him. "I was merely showing you how it's supposed to be done. That Lightning Summoning Palm manual is indeed lacking and there is much room for improvement."

"But, with that huge commotion you summoned in just now, I would think that the Elder knows about it already." Qing Bei said in helplessness.

"So what? Just tell him that it was you who was practicing the Lightning Summoning Palm just now. With your prodigious talent, the old man will just think that you have very strong comprehension ability and will not suspect anything." Qing Yu said with an indifferent expression on her face.

"But Elder Qin seems to have witnessed it all." Qing Bei said with a shrug of his shoulders, and pointed his finger behind her.

Qing Yu had not noticed when Qin Fang had come as she had probably been too focused just now and her senses had dulled a little.

Hence when she turned her head around, she immediately saw that stern face of Qin Fang's staring at her like she was some monster, like he was thinking just how many kinds of elemental powers she was able to wield, and was also able to circumvent the Gift Stone's detection. It must be known that the Gift Stone he possessed in his hands was a lot more accurate than the one in the Faint Mist Sect.

Unless..... her real prowess had already far surpassed the boundaries that the Gift Stone was able to assess!

Chapter 77: Real Geniuses Really Do Keep A Low Profile

He had been thinking before that the two of them looked so very much alike and it could be seen with just one look that they were a pair of dragon phoenix twins from the same mother, so how could it be possible that the younger brother possessed such Heaven defying gift while the elder sister was just so ordinary.

Never had he thought that the lass was merely just hiding her powers and had purposely pretended to be inconspicuous when her gifted talent might just be so much higher than that already prodigious youth!

Wouldn't that mean that the Constellation Lands would soon undergo a tumultuous change? To think that such young children were already so powerful and possibly unmatched by others.

Qin Fang stood still in his spot as he contemplated that fact for a good while before he walked over with a rather complicated gaze to look at the slightly embarrassed young lady. He hesitated before he asked: "How many elemental attributes can you wield?"

Qing Yu blinked her eyes looking highly innocent and then replied: "I do not know Elder. Wasn't the Gift Stone unable to identify it accurately as well?"

"....." Qin Fang almost vomited out a mouthful of his old blood.

[You say that the Gift Stone was unable to identify it? It is clear that it's this little monster who is intentionally hiding her real strength!]

"I saw that you were able to use Gold, Fire, and Lightning earlier, three elements at the same time, and judging from the intensity of the spirit light, they have already been cultivated to reach the higher levels." Qin Fang's eyes were looking at her sharply. "You have to be honest with me before I can help you achieve greater advancement based on your real abilities."

Qing Yu was feeling rather helpless. She wanted to thank the old Elder but she really did not need any help from him. Moreover, the <> she was cultivating was not the same as the martial arts in these lands. If she were to cultivate based on Qin Fang's method, it might very well come to contradict and repel what she was practicing.

Qing Bei on the side saw that helpless expression on his elder sister's face and she paused a moment before she said: "Elder, to be entirely honest, Qing Yu had concealed her real strength because she is afraid people with ill intentions will come to notice her. She will have no problem being accepted into the Faint Mist Sect as besides this, she is also a Elixir Cultivator."

Qin Fang's eyes bulged wide once again. "Elixir Cultivator?"

With just those two words, not to mention just being accepted into the Faint Mist Sect. If the teachers in there knew this, they would all surely be frantically fighting for her. She was a dual cultivation prodigy, extremely rare to see!

"Good good good. Such a rare and promising talent!" Qin Fang revealed a rare smile on his face. "Looks like the children of the Duke of Eternal Peace are extraordinary indeed. In the near future, you will surely surpass your elder sister and take over her title as the greatest female prodigy!"

Qing Bei curled up a corner of his lips in disdain. [Who cares for that title? If they were really to be compared, Qing Yu would definitely leave Yan Ning Luo in the dust a few streets behind! Only that woman would care for such self ingratiating titles.]

"It seems like the two of you will definitely be getting into the Faint Mist Sect. In that case I will not teach the two of you much."Qin Fang said nodding his head. "But after being accepted into the Faint Mist Sect, the sect will send their disciples out on missions. Some time later, I will make arrangements to send the few of you out for training to acquire some battle experience. But as the cultivation of the other two young missus is really inadequate, we need to wait for a period."

Qin Fang shook his head and sighed when he finished, his heart contemplating why there was such a great disparity between people from the same family. But having discovered two such excellent sprouts, Qin Fang's mood improved greatly. He just liked seeing such hardworking and exuberant young people.

There was nothing to worry about on this side. He merely reminded the two of them that they were to continue to work hard on their cultivation and were not to let up before he turned himself around to go see how the sisters Yan Xi Rou and Yan Xi Wu were doing.

Outside, because of the two lightning bolts that struck out of the completely clear skies, it had stirred up quite a big commotion.

The Faint Mist Sect was respected as the top sect and the thing they were most well known for was how mysterious they were. Unless someone from within the sect led the way, or no one would be able to find its entrance

Chapter 77.2: Real Geniuses Really Do Keep A Low Profile

People of the world said that the Faint Mist Sect was a place that immortals lived, far above the Nine Heavens beyond the reach of mere mortals. Inside the place were dazzling bejeweled palaces of jade and marble, classy and opulent, too beautiful for words. One would see young men and women elegant as the gods in full white robes everywhere, eating the fruits of immortals and drinking the nectar of the Heavens, riding the wind as they moved, living lives that mortals longed for and looked up to.

Of course most of what was said were highly exaggerated, but as the sect was really just too mysterious and that was why they had been made out to be so dreamy and mystifying, nothing like the mortal realm.

But it was true for some parts of the place. The Faint Mist Sect was really located in a high geographical location, high above the ground upon the peak of an extremely high mountain. Up in there the cloud swirled, and over the mountain's side hung a rapid and torrential waterfall that was like the silver rivers of the Nine Heavens, flowing down unceasingly.

And the entrance into the Faint Mist Sect was upon that very peak, behind that waterfall.

This moment was when the sect's disciples carried out their morning training and sparring. The two loud explosive sounds had not only caused the people to become panicked, even the Faint Mist Sect who was shut out from the world in this place felt the repercussions.

A whole group of Elders and teachers were all gathered together to discuss about it, leaving the disciples to gossip and debate, their thoughts running all over the place.

In the Faint Mist Sect's meeting hall, six people sat on each side of the hall, a total of twelve. They were the Faint Mist Sect's highly senior Elders who had the right to speak and held great authourity, with some of them holding positions as senior teachers as well.

And the one person seated up on the main seat was a young man who looked to be only about thirty years of age, good looking and cultured, seemingly highly amiable.

Most people would probably not dare to believe that the Sect Leader of the Faint Mist Sect would actually be such a young man.

But only these members in their inner circle knew that the gentle and refined look of the man was only a facade. Otherwise, how would he be able to hold down all those old and crafty bunch of hungry wolves so shrewd and subtle seated below.

The young man up on the main seat rested his chin in his hand that was resting on the arm of his chair and said offhandedly: "Everyone has probably heard the lightning strikes earlier. What do all of you think is the reason?"

A old man wearing a long brown robe said after a moment's pause: "From what I think, that was probably the reverberation caused by a wielder of Lightning, and he might have been advancing through a level."

"Advancing through a level? Elder Mo, have your eyes grown blurry with age? That bolt of lightning had clearly been infused with two other elements, with Gold and Fire. It must have been several highly skilled experts dueling each other." Another younger man said in rebuttal.

The bunch of people argued incessantly below with only one exception. He looked not much older than the young man up on the main seat as he sat there with his brows furrowed together, like he was contemplating on a tough issue.

The corners of the young man's lips curled up with an amused smile and his eyebrow then arched up as he asked: "Elder Yan, do you know what that was?"

The man who was called out was taken aback when he heard that and his brows knitted up even more tightly together. "I have a few ideas about it in mind, but I am thinking that that is just too preposterous....."

"It wouldn't hurt to speak your mind. You are the only Lightning element wielder in here and you should have the most right to speak about it." The young man said.

The others all halted their arguing and turned to look at Elder Yan.

Although Elder Yan was not the oldest among this group of people, but almost everyone in there would not doubt his words.

Because not only he was a high level expert, he was also an oracle, very rarely seen. He had helped the sect avoid calamity several times and he held a very high position among the Faint Mist Sect's twelve elders.

"What does Elder Yan mean by your words? Could it possibly be an expert from the higher realms?" The young man's smiling demeanor suddenly faded away, before he opened his mouth to ask.

Chapter 77.3: Real Geniuses Really Do Keep A Low Profile

"I am merely guessing. But if it's not someone from the higher realms, then if that powerful strike that was infused with three element types had not been retracted by the wielder in time but had allowed the lightning bolts to fall, it would definitely draw down calamity from the Heavens upon us." Elder Yan opened his mouth to say slowly, his tone of voice solemn. "Even for me who has already cultivated the Lightning element to its peak would find it difficult to achieve that but that person..... had clearly only used about three tenths of his powers."

"Is Elder Yan able to deduce where this person is at?"

"Unfortunately, the other party retracted his powers too quickly and I was not able to augur his position." Elder Yan said a little regretfully as he shook his head, his eyes darkening. "But I can be certain that this person's general location is within the Green Wave Kingdom that is the closest to the Faint Mist Sect."

"Green Wave Kingdom?" The good looking young man's eyes narrowed up. "Isn't the young lass Yan Ning Luo from the Green Wave? Seems like the Green Wave Kingdom is really filled with crouching tigers and hidden dragons!"

"Sect Leader, why not let me go investigate into this matter?" Elder Yan opened his mouth to ask.

The young man curled up his lips and smiled, his beautiful eyes looking highly profound and thoughtful as he stared off into the distance. "No need for that. I have a feeling that this person..... will come to meet with me in the near future."

——

A different feeling from living life on the edge back in Cloud Heaven for so many years, being able to wake up every morning to hear the hollering voices of the hawkers peddling their wares along the streets.

Having been able to regulate and recondition his body's constitution in this low leveled lands for the past few years, it had caused the flamboyantly tyrannical Lou Jun Yao to start liking living a peaceful life like this, even though such a kind of life had merely been his way of numbing himself throughout that period.

His tall slender frame stood by the window, his gaze suddenly sharpened and the aura around his body intensified slightly. And within the perimeter of that slightly spaced out gaze, a figure had suddenly walked within his sight.

She was wearing a simple long white dress. Among ten people that passed by on the street, about six would be wearing white. But it was just this person who made plain white clothes so eye catching.

A head of long hair reaching her waist was loosely held by a hairpin, looking so languid and indifferent. Her long upslanted phoenix like eyes were alluringly mesmerizing, like they were forever exuding a kind of enchanting aura. Below that perky and high bridged nose was a set of light pink lips, tinged with a smile just like those eyes, that exquisitely beautiful little face looking just like a seductive little fox.

She was clearly a young lady still looking slightly puerile and pure, but her countenance was however so alluring and mesmerizing, that added a sense of maturity to her.

Compared to when she had first come out disguised as a young lad, having changed back to women's clothing, her charm seemed to have been raised up to reach another point.

"Little Brother, give me two trays of Flavourful Crystal Buns."

Qing Yu woke up early and she had come out for a walk after her morning practice. She had then smelled the fragrance and thought that the rascal Qing Bei would surely like to have some, so she had come to buy them back for him.

This stall selling breakfast was very famous in the Imperial Capital and there was always a long snaking queue everyday bright and early in the morning. Although its premises were not big, but the cook was great and the people loved the taste of the stall's food.

When Qing Yu joined the queue, there were about ten people in front of her. But all those people had been eager for her to take their spots in the queue. She was just about to refuse politely when all of them quickly went one by one to queue up behind her, where she then became the first person in the queue.

Qing Yu was speechless. "....."

[The Green Wave Kingdom's people, are really so courteous and considerate.]

The young assistant who was busy selling the buns had initially been puzzled why everyone had suddenly jumped to the back of the queue but when he heard such a gentle and pleasing voice, he immediately raised his head up and very nearly had two streams of blood spurting right out from his nose.

[What a lucky day it is for him! To be able to see such a beautiful young lady so early in the morning!]

Chapter 78: Teasing To Turn Out Being Teased

The bun stall's assistant stared at the young miss and was mesmerized for a moment before he immediately packed two trays of buns nimbly into a bag, lifting it up with both hands to hand it over to Qing Yu. "Miss, please be careful with the buns."

"Thanks." Qing Yu accepted the buns feeling rather amused, before she pulled out a gold coin from inside her sleeve and placed it on the table, all prepared to leave.

"Hold it Young Miss!" The young stall assistant called out to her when he saw that, and returned the coin to her. "You've paid too much for the buns. And our shopkeeper said that it's affinity that we came to meet today, so how can he allow a person as beautiful as a goddess to be tainted by material things like money, so these two small trays of buns will be a treat from the shopkeeper."

"....."

[She only wanted to buy a few buns. Why does this little lad have so many thoughts about it?]

Of course she still paid for them in the end, and the young stall assistant then watched her leave with regret in his eyes.

Lou Jun Yao watched the entire comedic scene from beginning to end. With such a nakedly penetrating gaze, how could Qing Yu possibly not have noticed it? But as the Gathered Cloud Loft's location was so great, one was able to see many things that happened throughout the entire Imperial Capital from here.

She had coincidentally also brought out the bottle of antidote elixirs she had finished cultivating sometime before when she came out today.

Lou Jun Yao then saw the young lady brazenly walking straight towards the Gathered Cloud Loft and his eyes flashed with a glint. Bai Zhi Yan was in the Fragrance Court right at that moment and there were only a scattered few people dressed up as waiters to serve any patrons that came in.

Though it was said they were there to serve patrons, but it was thought that their style of doing that could not be any more strange than any other teahouse throughout the whole Imperial Capital.

One person stood guarding the door as he leaned against the doorframe, his eyes staring wide. When people walked up to the place, his eyes did not even blink once, but just stood there unmoving like a rock. Qing Yu was feeling rather curious and she went closer to go take a look, only to hear the sound of even breathing.

[A..... Asleep? Sleeping with his eyes open? ?]

A corner of Qing Yu's eye twitched, but she continued walking inside with any change in her demeanor.

Upon a table around the corner, a grey robed person was sprawled over a table sleeping soundly away and in that large quiet hall, the sound of water dripping could be heard intermittently. Looking more carefully, she then saw that it was from the person who was sleeping so soundly he did not realize his drool was dripping down.

There was a waiter behind the counter who looked somewhat a little more normal, his chin propped up by the palm of one hand while his other hand clicked an abacus in a flurry, at a very fast speed. Qing Yu was just about to go forward and ask him something when her expression on her face froze.

That person was actually clicking speedily with one hand while asleep, his mouth open and snoring loudly.

Qing Yu could not find any words to describe the situation. "....." [Bright and early in the day and they are all sleeping so soundly one after another? !]

[They could almost be mistaken to be dead! She had already come in here for so long and not a single one of them has even reacted at all! !]

Fortunately there wasn't anything of great value in there or even if people had emptied out the place, none of these fellas would know a thing at all.

"Come on up!" Lou Jun Yao said standing at the second floor's railing as he looked at the exasperated expression on the young lady's face, and he could not help but burst out laughing.

Qing Yu raised her head up and looked at him suspiciously. "Did you make all your subordinates go thieving around the whole of last night? All of them are sleeping just like pigs!"

"Why should I have anything to do with that?" Lou Jun Yao replied, blinking his handsome looking violet eyes innocently. "Maybe it's because they enjoy a more fulfilling night life?"

"....." [What a blood vomiting inducing answer.]

Qing Yu stiffened her lips and then went upstairs to the second floor to discover that it was completely quiet upstairs, like he was the only person there. She then arched up an eyebrow and asked: "Where's Bai Zhi Yan?"

Those two were always never apart and she had almost seen the two of them together every single time. Hence, when she discovered that the other one was not here, she could not help but feel a little strange.

"He's at the back."

Chapter 78.2: Teasing To Turn Out Being Teased

The back meant the Fragrance Court. Qing Yu had gone there a few times when she had disguised herself as a boy and she knew the way in there rather well.

"Then I'll just wait for him here for awhile. He wouldn't take long would he?" Qing Yu asked as she sat herself down, conveniently placing the item in her hand upon the table.

Lou Jun Yao's gaze swept over it for a moment. His mind then remembered the scene he just saw and his eyes filled up with mirth.

"Are you hungry?"

Seeing his gaze fixed upon the buns she had just bought, Qing Yu thought that he was hungry and she pushed a portion of it over to him. "Eat it if you're hungry. I bought two portions."

The piping hot and exquisitely made crystal buns had a light pink tinge and Lou Jun Yao was caught with a rare stunned expression for a moment, like this was the first time he was encountering such a situation. "For me?"

He must not be blamed for not knowing how to react as having lived for centuries, no one had ever treated him like this.

The wilfully arrogant man saw everything in the world to be beneath him, an existence that was worshipped as a god. Who would have thought that he was still human? Who would have thought that he slept and ate just like any other human?

Those penetrating eyes immediately seemed to have been possessed right at that instant.

Having not seen such an expression that could be termed as "foolish" on this fella's face before, Qing Yu raised her eyes up in surprise and stretched a hand out to wave it before him. "Don't tell me you have never seen this before."

It hadn't been said but Lou Jun Yao who had abstained from grains for such a long time no longer found satisfying one's appetite all that attractive anymore and hence all these things that mortals ate was something he really did not understand completely.

Seeing his expression, Qing Yu knew that he had definitely not eaten such a thing before and for just a brief instant, her eyes suddenly flashed with a glint and a evil idea rose up in her mind.

She handed the chopsticks next to the box of food to the man and said with a smile: "Do you want to give it a try? It's really very good."

It was probably because the sudden gentle warmth the young lady was showing in that instant that was so alluring, her eyes two smiling arcs, transforming into an charmingly naive and pitiful looking pet fox that caused Lou Jun Yao's heart to soften, and failing to notice the crafty mirth hidden beneath those eyes narrowed with smile.

He accepted the chopsticks and picked up one of the crystal buns. Looking at it for a moment, and seeing the young lady's earnest and harmless gaze watching him, he brought it to his lips and bit it lightly.

Thereafter, something highly comedic then happened.

The laughter restrained at the corners of Qing Yu's lips could not be held back any further and she went "pfft" in a huge burst of laughter.

The man's face immediately froze and the expression then cracked and fissured inch by inch, the sparkling bright violet eyes turning dark.

The crystal buns had very thin skin and was filled to its brim with fillings, every single one of them plump and fat, the juices thick and abundant. If someone was eating it for the first time without prior experience, they were guaranteed to get the bun's juice squirt and splatter over their faces and clothes.

And although Lou Jun Yao had merely taken a small apprehensive bite, but he was still caught off guard when then hot juices from the bun sprayed onto his face. The handsome face that was carefully carved and crafted by the gods had oily meat soup juice hanging upon it at that moment, flowing down along the perfect jawline before it dripped off the chin onto the table, looking hilariously funny no matter how one looked at it.

The air turned deathly silent..... No, besides the young lady's unsuppressable peals of laughter, gasping hard for air to catch her breath.

"HAHAHAHAHA...... You..... Wheeze..... Don't look at me like that HAHAHA....."

Qing Yu was doubled over in laughter as she slumped back in her chair and held her stomach, tears spilling out from the corners of her beautiful eyes.

She did not know why herself, but when she saw that haughty demeanor of that man, the thought of playing a prank on him suddenly struck her, and the fact lay before her that the way he looked now was really very funny, seemingly a lot more warm and human.

Chapter 78.3: Teasing To Turn Out Being Teased

It was probably because she had not laughed so hard without restraint for such a long time that once it started, she could not stop.

Lou Jun Yao's eyes narrowed, but seeing the little fox laughing so happily, he did not feel all that angry but just curled up the ends of his lips. "Making fun of me?"

"Hahaha..... I didn't..... I sincerely wanted to treat you to something nice..... Who is making fun of you?" The young lady's tear filled eyes were beautiful and alluring, making his heart itch.

"Nobody has ever dared to play such a prank on me before." Lou Jun Yao's voice was deep, his gaze filled with an almost imperceptible darkness. "In that case, then I must definitely return the favour."

Almost at the same moment that his voice fell, Qing Yu immediately felt that something was not right. Before she could even react, the man had already reached his hand out and firmly restrained her, holding her dainty little chin. With an evil smile that curled his lips, he then stuffed that crystal bun that he had taken a small bite earlier right into her mouth.

Because the crystal bun was large and so smooth and slippery, it immediately slid down to the back of her mouth to her throat. Having been stuffed with a crystal bun so suddenly out of the blue while she was completely unprepared, it lodged in her throat and her tiny face quickly turned red.

"Cough cough cough..... Ugh..... Cough cough....."

She had been born with a small and narrow throat and with it getting blocked up like that, she immediately suffered a nasty bout of coughing, her face turning from red to a greenish purple, which almost frightened Lou Jun Yao to death. He quickly patted her hard on her back to make her cough out the bun and the colour of her face then turned back to normal.

"Have some water." Lou Jun Yao could not be bothered with the oily stains on his face anymore as he quickly poured out a cup of water for her. "Drink it slowly."

Qing Yu accepted the cup of water and took a sip, her breath coming back to her. She then looked accusingly at him. "You..... Cough cough..... You're just too petty! Are you trying to murder me? I was nearly killed by you!"

"I was wrong." Lou Jun Yao said helplessly. "Who would have known that you would get choked by a mere bun? So useless."

"I'm useless! ?" Qing Yu was so angry her eyes widened as she stared at him. She then saw the mess on his face and her lips then stiffened. "Hurry up and wipe off all that stuff on your face, otherwise you will be laughed at to death by your subordinates when they see it."

"Then I'll just kill them with a strike before they die from laughter." Lou Jun Yao said indifferently, before he turned around and went to the other end to tidy himself up.

And it was at this interval that Bai Zhi Yan came back.

When he saw Qing Yu in the room, he was delighted as he asked. "You've come?"

It was only when he came closer that he saw that there was a box of beautifully tempting crystal buns on the table. He came over and plopped himself down on a chair to ask. "Is this for me? I just remembered that I have not eaten anything yet."

Qing Yu had not even been able to stop him in time when that fella had already made quick work of the ten plus crystal buns, gobbled all up.

[Nevermind. It's good that he finished it anyway. Otherwise Lou Jun Yao would remember the grudge if he came came and saw those buns again.]

Waiting till he polished them all off, Qing Yu then pulled out a little green porcelain bottle from inside her sleeve. "There are a hundred antidote pills in here. Based on the price that we agreed on previously, it is a thousand gold pieces for one. So you will have to give me a total of one hundred thousand pieces of gold. You can first check the quantity and composition of the pills. They are all of the same specifications from before."

The bottle that Qing Yu used to store the pills was actually more than it looked to be. Seemingly merely only about the size of a baby's fist, it was however able to store so many pills as it seemed like there was a mini dimension inside the bottle.

Bai Zhi Yan took the bottle and said with a smile: "I will naturally trust what you say." As he spoke, he handed a fiery red jade ring to her.

"This is a storage ring, and there is two hundred thousand gold pieces in there."

"What are you doing here?" Qing Yu asked with an eyebrow raised.

Bai Zhi Yan then replied with a wide smile. "It is naturally to facilitate our long term cooperation and a show of my sincerity."

Chapter 79: The Mysterious Asura's Scene

"In that case, I will accept it then." Qing Yu did not say much but accepted the ring.

Bai Zhi Yan looked at her and suddenly said with a smile: "I heard that you are going to that whatever Faint Mist Sect?"

"How did you know?"

"What do I not know of in these lands? Do you think my Fragrance Court is open for nothing?" Bai Zhi Yan replied with a smug look on his face, looking like that was the most natural thing in the world.

[How overly confident he is!]

"I'll say, wouldn't it be much better if you follow us back to Cloud Heaven instead? You'll get much better resources there so what are you going to that Faint Mist Sect for? With your powers, do you even need to go in there to cultivate at all?" Bai Zhi Yan still could not give up trying to poach her over to their side, not willing to give up on any chance he had.

Hearing that, Qing Yu looked at him expressionlessly and replied: "The higher level realms are so brutal, with endless killing and chaotic fighting everyday. If I go back with you people, with my current level of power, I will be sending myself to my own doom. If it wasn't for the fact that Cloud Heaven was too chaotic, would you people need to hide here and not return back there?"

"....." [What a pointed and prophetic statement!]

[This little lass' mind is just too incisive and sharp! !]

Just as they were talking, Lou Jun Yao then came in from outside. Detecting the strange atmosphere in the room, he could not help but raise up an eyebrow and asked in puzzlement: "What were you talking about?"

Bai Zhi Yan turned his head and looked at him appraisingly. "Where did you go?"

Lou Jun Yao turned his gaze on the culprit and did not answer him but came to realize that the box of crystal buns was now empty. The expression on his face suddenly changed and he asked emotionlessly: "You ate them?"

Bai Zhi Yan felt that the question he asked was a little senseless but he did not suspect anything as he replied: "That's right. I was hungry and I ate them all. Didn't Qing Yu bring it here for me?"

Upon saying that, he then looking in askance towards the young lady opposite him, and the latter blinked her eyes innocently at him.

"That was mine." Lou Jun Yao was looking at him without any emotion on his face, the expression strangely terrifying.

Bai Zhi Yan immediately felt that he was losing face here and his devilishly good looking plum blossom eyes then had flames sparking within. "What? We've been brothers who went through thick and thin for so many years. Can't I even eat a couple of buns from you? !"

"It's eleven of them." Lou Jun Yao corrected him with a deadpan face.

There were twelve in total in that box and one had been wasted by those two earlier with the rest now in Bai Zhi Yan's tummy.

In reality it was really nothing for Bai Zhi Yan to help himself to just a few buns. But as it was the first time the little fox was giving him something as a gift though it was just a box of buns, the meaning of those buns was extraordinary. How could he allow Bai Zhi Yan to eat them all just like that?

Though Lou Jun Yao was not aware at this moment, why he was even feeling happy just because Qing Yu had casually given him a box of buns.

"Lou Jun Yao! Let me tell you that I have been tolerating you for a very long time! If you continue to treat me so coldly and be so heartless, we cannot remain brothers anymore! !" Bai Zhi Yan exploded, spitting his words out through gritted teeth.

Qing Yu at the side did not know what to say. "....."

[What is happening here? Turning upon each other over a box of buns? ?]

[Isn't it just too ridiculous.....]

She looked on helplessly at the two men with swords drawn in their eyes and she began to say: "Here..... I have another box. If either of you want, just take it!"

"I only want the previous box." Lou Jun Yao said stubbornly.

"Sheesh! Who cares for those few measly buns of yours! Do you want me to vomit them out and return them to you?" Bai Zhi Yan retorted, purposely saying it in a disgusting manner.

Chapter 79.2: The Mysterious Asura's Scene

"Vomit. Vomit it out now. Things that belong to me, even in death, I do not want it to die inside your stomach."

"....."

[What a great classic example of a idiosyncratic couple who loved and hated each other at the same time.]

It was feared that it might not be suitable for her to remain there further. If she stayed any longer, she might find out more of the two men's love hate relationship and would have to be silenced sooner or later.

"You guys can carry on. I'll make a move first." Qing Yu said indifferently, and picked up the box of buns that had been despised by the two men before she slowly walked out from there.

Before she left, she saw that the few people downstairs were still deeply unconscious, all sound asleep. It was probably because the atmosphere was just too strange as there still wasn't a single customer.

[What a bunch of strange and eccentric people.]

She had however not noticed that after she walked a good distance away, the man at the door sleeping with his eyes open and who had not shown the slightest reaction from beginning to end, suddenly swiveled his eyes as he muttered thoughtfully to himself: "Just who could this lass be? Her relationship with the Lord is definitely not ordinary!"

"It is said that she is the Lord's benefactor who saved his life. The higher ups have given instructions that she is a person we must not offend."

The fella behind the counter was still clicking the abacus in a flurry, his head not lifting up at all as he spoke. The whole scene in there had changed so very quickly that it seemed the person who had been unconscious and snoring loudly just a moment ago was not him at all.

"You both know nothing at all." The man sprawled over the table had probably slept the most comfortably.

He was rubbing his still groggy eyes as he wiped off the suspicious wet stains from the corner of his mouth and he then gave a big lazy yawn.

If Qing Yu had been there she would surely have recognized that this man was the same grey robed man who had rescued her from the Barricaded Spirit Tower.

When the two other men heard that they quickly came awake, both of them highly taken aback. "This isn't just any ordinary benefactor you know....."

His tone of voice was heavy with profound meaning.

"What do you mean?"

"You wouldn't understand even if I tell you." The grey robed man said with contempt in his eyes, and he then gave another sleepy yawn. "Don't disturb me. Let me continue to catch up with sleep."

"....."

[Did this scoundrel not sleep at all in his previous life! ?]

[Twenty fours in a day and he sleeps for twenty hours. Spends two more hours eating and the last two hours remaining half awake and groggy. He's really one of a kind.]

Qing Yu brought back the still warm crystal buns for Qing Bei. Having not gone out from the manor for so many years he seldom saw the kind of snacks being sold outside. He was afterall still a child and it was bought for him by his favourite elder sister, hence he had naturally been highly delighted.

Ever since Qin Fang knew of the gifted talents they possessed, he was very relaxed with them but would still come check on their progress every few days. In contrast, he watched Yan Xi Rou and Yan Xi Wu very strictly.

Yan Xi Wu endured it silently and she was doing alright, while Yan Xi Rou was wailing incessantly in complaint about how tough it was. She had afterall been pampered and spoilt from a young age and had never encountered such suffering.

Even going back to complain to her Royal Concubine mother did not help as it was a direct order given by Yan Su himself, so no one was able to interfere. Moreover, her mother also had to tolerate the Duchess Mo Han Yan's sarcastic ridicule and she had her hands tied.

On the other side, Qing Yu returned to her room and was just going to flip through the <>, to have a look at the poison volume and the medicine volume.

In regards to her martial arts, because her weapons spirit Zang Mai had regained consciousness, her cultivation had been greatly accelerated, without having to share her excess energy to nourish her weapon spirit. Now she needed to improve and sharpen her skills in Medicine at the same time, though she did not know what level she was at herself at this moment.

Chapter 79.3: The Mysterious Asura's Scene

Sitting with her legs crossed on the bed, she had just entered her sea of consciousness when a shot of pain hit her in the brain for a moment.

Qing Yu knitted up her brows and she pressed a finger between her brows to massage it. [What happened there?]

She had not overtired herself, so why had she felt like that? Fortunately the pain had disappeared in an instant.

But just as she was not paying attention to it, a terrible and blood filled scene from Asura's Hell flashed before her eyes. Within an enormous array of stars, a man and a woman were locked in a tight embrace, their clothes stained with bright red blood.

The man's hand was gripped around the sharp blade thrusting towards his body which shielded the woman completely but the dagger in the woman's hand stabbed deeply into the man's chest.

Qing Yu's eyes flared open and her long slightly upslanted eyes were bright red, looking highly terrifying.

A golden light appeared at the side and the golden haired youth suddenly appeared where he then immediately pressed his finger lightly upon her forehead in between her brows. Qing Yu instantly fell limp and her body slumped into a heap on the bed.

"Mistress! Mistress, are you alright! ?" Zang Mai asked worriedly as he plopped himself down beside the bed.

"What just happened to me?" Qing Yu's brows were furrowed up as she brought her palm up to feel her forehead and found that it was covered in a layer of cold sweat.

"You're soul seemed to have been drawn into Asura's Hell that was filled with intense murderous intent. If I had not brought you back out in time, you will surely have been overwhelmed by that intensive murderous intent and kill every person you see." Zang Mai said rather trepidly, his heart still unsettled.

"Asura's Hell..... What is that....."

"Asura's Hell is a kind of dimensional space formed by the immense mind power left behind by a powerful pugilist with profound cultivation, and because of the heavy blood and slaughter involved, it is named as Asura's Hell."

Qing Yu suddenly fell silent.

She thought back to the scene she had just witnessed, with two people in it, a man and a woman.

It did not seem like this was the first time she had seen such a scene.

There was another time she came to recall.

It was during those few days that she had been unconscious from the Barricaded Spirit Tower. She was locked within a space and she was not able to remember clearly what had happened. The only thing she could recall was that the sky was red, the sun was red, and the Dark Crows were also red.

A whole large flock of red Dark Crows that exuded an aura of death cawed incessantly in the sky, their calls shrill and piercing to the ears, like they were mourning for all the people who were about to die.

She remembered that woman, the woman whose face she could not see clearly had parted her red lips and said to her a single word, sorry.

She had said sorry.

Qing Yu had probably not noticed it herself. Her eyes had grown red rimmed, and a single tear fell from the corner of her eye.

The golden haired youth became frantic with terror, almost bursting into tears himself. "Mistress! Mistress, what is wrong? Where is it hurting? Don't cry....."

The Mistress that Zang Mai had seen had never once shed a tear in weakness no matter how difficult the situation became. It could even be said that his Mistress was someone who did not know what cry was at all. This was the first time he saw a tear fall from her eyes and Zang Mai was suddenly unconsciously feeling helplessly frantic.

Hearing the youth's worried and flustered voice, Qing Yu snapped back to her senses. "What? Am I crying?"

She raised a hand up to wipe at her eyes and discovered that her eyes were wet.

She was stunned for a moment as well. She did not know why when she thought of that woman in her dream, with that pitiful smile on the corners of her lips, and that one word she spoke saying sorry, had made her heart wrench up with an unspeakable pain for an instant, unexpectedly causing her tears to fall unconsciously.

"Little Burrow, why am I seeing such strange scenes? I have never even seen those places before." Qing Yu asked softly as she looked at the wet tear stains on the back of her hand.

Chapter 79.4: The Mysterious Asura's Scene

Zang Mai took a deep pause and then said: "I think, that it probably has something to do with this body Mistress has been reborn into."

Qing Yu was startled and she went on to say: "Are you saying..... it's a memory from this body?"

"That's right, there is a very great possibility that is the case."

She had heard it from Qing Bei before. It seemed like they were not Yan Su's biological children. Before their mother had married Yan Su, she was already with child. On one hand, Yan Su had developed feelings towards their mother and on the other hand it was to repay the benevolence their mother had shown to him in the past, seeking to protect them.

[Then..... What was their mother's real identity?]

[Could it be possible that she really was linked to the Cloud Heaven in some way.....]

— Bright Moon Divine Temple —

Within the pitch black darkness that had a countless number of spirit tablets hanging in the air, it was not known from when a faint red light had started to glow, its colour growing deeper, turning a deep red like blood seeping out.

The woman below looked as if she could see the painful struggle inside, her elegant lips turned up slightly in a faint smile, her voice soft, like the slightest breeze would disperse it, and it was not known whether she was talking to herself or saying it to another person.

"If you knew this day would come, why did you do that back then....."

"All the pain and suffering you are feeling now, who would even know."

The person at the side then came forward to say in a low voice. "Her spirit body seems to have begun to be able to gain awareness. I believe that it will not be long before she will regain her consciousness."

The woman however laughed and shook her head. "This is still far from enough. She is still missing a small half of her spirit out there in the world. If the spirit is unable to join back together, whether she will regain her consciousness is still hard to say."

"Temple Lord, are you really going to have her resurrected?"

"Heh....." The woman laughed suddenly. "She has to suffer a little or she will never learn from it."

"I've already told her that things like love and affection must never be touched, never ever. But she had insisted on breaking the taboo and ended up meeting such a wretched end....."

Speaking of that, the woman then said a little self mockingly: "But since time began..... Who was really able to fully escape from its curse?"

When the news that the Dark Legions were recruiting Elixir Cultivators was released, the entire Cloud Heaven was collectively taken aback.

[What kind of a insidious plans does this bunch of devilish and unorthodox infidels have up their sleeves this time! ? They are actually trying to recruit Elixir Cultivators into their midst?]

It must be known that everyone of their members all possessed extraordinary skills, the paths they took in their cultivation unlike the ways the rest of the entire Cloud Heaven practised. Hence, no other place was shrouded in thicker mystery than them, with no one able to properly grasp their form of martial arts, which caused everyone else to be at an disadvantage when trading blows.

[If they allowed powerful Elixir Cultivators to join them, then how unbelievable is the Dark Legions going to become?]

[Wouldn't they reign and run amok in tyranny throughout the entire Cloud Heaven! ?]

Although the Divine Healers were not so adverse against the people from the Dark Legions due to the relationship between Bai Zhi Yan and Lou Jun Yao, but they were afterall people who helped the dead and saved the wounded, warriors who stood for righteousness. With their ancestors' teachings placed before them, they issued strict orders that forbade them from having any dealings with people from the Dark Legions, and any one who disobeyed would be thrown out of the Divine Healers Sect.

Hence although there was a reason why Bai Zhi Yan did it, but he had still gone against the Divine Healers Sect's rules, so to the outside world, he had announced that he was no longer the Divine Healers Sect's Young Chief.

The great family clan that had been handed down over for the past several hundred years must not be suffer the slightest taint to its name.

Although the Divine Healers Sect had already announced that there would not be able of their disciples taking part in the recruitment, but there were still many scattered Elixir Cultivators who roamed the realm that liked their wilful and unrestrained ways who came in free from any factions or entities.

In an instant, the numbers of the Dark Legions suddenly strengthened by quite a bit.

Chapter 80: Changes Just Before Parting

Sometimes having great numbers can also be rather frustrating.

Most of the people were ones who fervently worshiped the great name, the Dark Lord of the Dark Legions, Lou Jun Yao.

Hence once they joined, they all started to request an audience but the problem was that Lou Jun Yao himself was not in the Dark Regions at that moment and they could only make all kinds of excuses to reject them.

"What are we going to do? Should we get the Lord to come back and hold down the fort with his presence?" Xun Luo opened his mouth to suggest when he saw that things were spinning out of control.

Mei Ji shot him a glance. "And you think you have what it takes to get the Lord to come back?"

WIth the suave manner the Lord had left on the trip this time it could be seen that he would not be coming back any time soon and Mei Ji was not holding any hope in that happening.

"But we can't just continue to dangle all those people. If they come to discover that the Lord isn't in Cloud Heaven and start to have a change of heart, there will then be trouble." Xun Luo said in exasperation.

The scholarly and refined looking man then said slowly: "Among the batch of Elixir Cultivators, we do not know how many of them possess real skills. Unfortunately Bai Zhi Yan isn't around as well or he would be able to tell immediately."

Just as the two of them were jabbering back and forth in conversation, a clear and melodious male voice sounded. The voice was clearly not loud but it immediately made both of them become quiet. "I still have one pill of those elixirs left over from before. Let all the Elixir Cultivators cultivate the exact same elixir and only the one who extracts the purest essence can remain."

The person who spoke was dressed in a full white robe, a man who possessed a gentle and elegant countenance with red eyes, the one called Little Monster by their internal members.

Once those words of his sounded, the eyes of the two people lit up. "Great idea! Little Monster, that brain of yours is really so useful."

"Of course, don't you see who his family is?" Mei Ji snorted smugly, the expression on his face filled with pride.

After the white robed man with red eyes finished what he came to say, he then stood up and walked out, and Mei Ji followed right behind him.

"Heh heh, that Mei Ji has really been twisted around that guy's little finger!" Xun Luo said teasingly.

The scholarly man then replied like he had become so used to it. "She has just become too accustomed to being haughty and having met Little Monster who is even more arrogant than she is, she would naturally have no choice but to submit."

What you said sounds very reasonable." Xun Luo nodded his head as he commented.

— Water Edge Kingdom Imperial Palace —

It had been several dozen days since Qing Ye Li and his delegation had returned to the kingdom and having taken medicinal herb baths and given elixirs daily over this short period of time, Yue Mu Chen had started feeling that his body was feeling somewhat different in several places.

On this day, after Yue Mu Chen dismissed the Imperial Court, he stayed inside his own bedchambers to look through the letters and memorials sent in over the past few days.

Yue Xin Yan had coincidentally come over to look for him, the light patter of her footsteps closing in from afar where the doors were then pushed open. "Royal Brother, what are you doing now?"

Yue Mu Chen lifted his eyes up feeling a little surprised. "Why are you so free to come all the way to my place?"

He did not know where the lass heard the news from that the Three Great Sects would be recruiting new disciples in half a year's time. She already had enough of sparring with people in the Water Edge Kingdom and she was insisting that she wanted to go participate in the trials. She was the only sibling born from the same parents and he had naturally indulged her alot, allowing her to always have her way with everything.

But she had been going to the military barracks to get the guards to spar with her in order to increase her chances of passing the tryouts and in regards to that, it had been just too bitter for words for everyone.

"Haven't I not seen my Royal Brother for several days already? So I came over specially just to see you." Yue Xin Yan said, looking every inch an obedient child, but she then suddenly leaned over close, her beautiful blue eyes staring wide like she had spotted something surprising.

"What? There is something on my face?" Yue Mu Chen asked as he raised his hand up to touch his face.

Yue Xin Yan shook her head with her face still looking incredulous. "Royal Brother, why do I feel..... That having not seen you for the past few days, you seem to be a lot more energetic!"

Chapter 80.2: Changes Just Before Parting

Because of his body's frailty, though Yue Mu Chen's body still wasn't all that skinny, his complexion was always tinged with a pale sickly pallor, looking like the slightest gust of wind might just blow him down.

But coming closer to look at him carefully, she could actually see that there was now a tinge of rosiness of health in his cheeks.

Hearing her say that, Yue Mu Chen was taken aback a moment. "Is that so? I had not really noticed it, though I am really feeling as if my body does not feel as weak and lethargic as before, and I do not lose my breath as easily as before."

"Really?" Yue Xin Yan said, her face beaming with delight. "Has my Royal Brother's health improved, and you will not cough out blood and fall unconscious out of the blue anymore?"

Mentioning about coughing out blood, he had indeed not encountered that for more than ten days already. In the past he would at most be able to last three days before he would be hit with an insufferable bout of wrecking cough that felt like it would take his life away from him. Now he had actually gone through about ten days without it coming back and that was just too unbelievable.

Yue Xin Yan's blue eyes were sparkling brightly. "So that young lady really has such adept skills in Medicine, and is really able to cure my Royal Brother's condition."

"Young lady?" Yue Mu Chen was startled.

"That's right. It's the very same young lady that Big Brother Ye Li has always been searching for." Yue Xin Yan said. "But, she looks so very young, about the same age as me, but her skills in Medicine is as good as that of a elder who has lived for several decades. It seems like she is extraordinarily gifted and it's little wonder that Big Brother Ye Li values her so much."

"About the same age as you?" Yue Mu Chen's eyes flashed with surprise. "Then..... When did she and Qing Ye Li come to know each other? If they knew each other more than ten years ago, that young lady might have just been born. So how did she come to know him?"

"I am not very clear on that but back when they met each other in the Green Wave Kingdom, they seemed to have recognized each other at first glance." Yue Xin Yan said slowly.

Yue Mu Chen seemed to have thought of something and the expression on his face changed slightly for a brief moment before it recovered quickly.

There seemed to be something illogical in all of this.

But looking at the situation, with Qing Ye Li about to leave the Water Edge, even if there was anything illogical about it, it did not seem to matter.

——

After the All Saints Day festival was over and the curtains fell, the city was restored back to its original look.

After the engagement between Xuanyuan Che and Yan Ning Luo was annulled, the Green Wave Emperor continued to have a thorn stuck prickly in his heart. It was clear that it was to have been a great union but those two people had been unwilling to which then broke it all up.

Yan Ning Luo, who was born with the birth characteristics of the Phoenix and destined to be an Empress. The man to marry her would definitely achieve greatness but a pity that this phoenix was no longer to belong to the Xuanyuan Family anymore.

Xuanyuan Che had stayed in the Imperial Capital for such a long period and he was about to embark on his journey back to the Faint Mist Sect.

He had been with the Faint Mist Sect for six years and in another four years, he would be able to leave the sect and choose to come back to continue living as the noble Crown Prince or choose to go out and accomplish great achievements for himself.

As the Green Wave Emperor was still young there was hurry for him to come back to inherit the throne so Xuanyuan Che still had the freedom to choose.

"You are leaving already?"

Three people were gathered in a winehouse and hearing Xuanyuan Che's words, Yu Jing Zhuo raised his cup to say: "Come my Brother, let me offer you a toast to wish you a smooth journey."

Upon saying that, he immediately downed the cup of wine with a tilt of his head back.

Although he was also a member of the Faint Mist Sect, he was very relaxed towards the rules and regulations of the sect.

Because he was a member of the Faint Mist Sect that was specifically responsible for gathering intelligence he was usually roaming outside most of the time and seldom returned to the sect. And it was because he was really capable that the sect was a lot more lenient with him.

Chapter 80.3: Changes Just Before Parting

Xuanyuan Che then did as he said and clinked his cup against Yu Jing Zhuo's and downed his drink as well.

Mo Fei Ran shook her head and laughed. "Why the sombre mood as you drink? It's not as if you're parting between life and death so why are you being so dramatic?"

Xuanyuan Che snorted lightly. "Though we're not separated by life and death but after I return to the sect, I fear that I will not escape hearing endless gossip and whispered murmurings."

Mo Fei Ran was taken aback a moment but he quickly recomposed himself. "You mean the matter about your engagement with Yan Ning Luo being called off?"

"What else? People out there probably already know all about it. At the end of the All Saints Day festival, Yan Ning Luo had suggested to annul the marriage right before so many people! Sigh, those who are not aware, they might think that I, as the Crown Prince of a kingdom, is just a great bully who has been maliciously ill treating her." Xuanyuan Che said, his words dripping with sarcasm.

Mo Fei Ran's youngest aunt was the Yan Ning Luo's mother and the young lady could be considered to be his cousin. Upon hearing Xuanyuan Che's words, he was somehow feeling a little awkward and did not know what to say.

And Xuanyuan Che had most probably had a little too much too drink and he was a little more talkative. "But how would all those people know the truth? Hahaha..... She called off the engagement with me not because we did not see eye to eye with each other nor was it for any other ridiculous reason but because she had come to fall in love with another man....."

"Mo Fei Ran, do you know..... Who that man is?"

"He is, hahaha..... He is the man who is ashamed to have anyone see his face and wears a mask perpetually, the Duke of Vast Seas....."

Once those words came out, the expression on Mo Fei Ran's face froze completely, thinking whether his ears had been hearing things.

[What is the Crown Prince saying?]

[The person Ning Luo likes is..... The Duke of Vast Seas! ?]

The wine cup held in Yu Jing Zhuo's hand spilled a little wine out, like he had been rather surprised.

And Xuanyuan Che was continuing to say: "You guys don't believe me? Yan Ning Luo told me that herself that she had liked that man since she was very young. Ha! The greatest prodigy. Her taste is indeed different from others....."

Yan Ning Luo liked the Duke of Vast Seas, and the one the Duke of Vast Seas liked was her real sister.

Seeing the Duke of Vast Seas' expression and demeanor that day, it was clear that he liked and cared for that young lady a lot.

Yu Jing Zhuo's mouth opened in mocking laughter. [What a complicated relationship.]

The way was bright and well lit with lanterns till they came outside as they stepped out from the wine house, about to split up and go their separate ways.

Several cold gusts of sinister breeze blew pass suddenly. Yu Jing Zhuo had drunk the most among them but was the sober one. Because he was drank all the time, he had build up a strong resistance against wine.

The gusts of sinister winds blew over them and he subconsciously raised his head up to look, where he came to see the black shadows flying past.

The reactions of Xuanyuan Che and Mo Fei Ran were slightly slower but they had also noticed the presence of those black shadows which caused them to sober up by half.

"Who were those people?" Mo Fei Ran asked in a low voice.

"It seems to be assassins from the Carefree Valley." Yu Jing Zhuo said with his eyes narrowed cautiously.

Xuanyuan Che then said indifferently. "Let's go. Let's mind our own business." Upon saying that, he raised his foot and was about to take a step to go on his own way.

The Carefree Valley's assassins were not that rare to see as their members were spread throughout every corner of the Constellation Lands. Although they cushioned at the bottom among the Three Great Sects, their scale was the most widespread.

Their members could be often seen appearing in the night as the assassins depended on carrying out spying and assassination missions to earn their keep.

The few of them had not thought too much about it and they had not left for long when Xuanyuan Che's footsteps suddenly halted, the expression on his face changing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.2K 32 10
baca ajaa, terserah. ga suka ga usah dibacaa Tapi jangan lupa vote. Boleh request mau yg gimna, komen ajaaaa Siapa tau ada yang pengin request bisa c...
437K 18.2K 123
SYPNOSIS Reading Purifying Love made Rachelle D'magiba feel very insulted. The ending that the author had written didn't go well with her expectation...
190K 9.1K 52
My name is Alex Cruz, I'm a omega, so I'm just a punching bag to my pack. But Emma, Queen of werewolves Sam, queen of dragons Winter, queen of vampi...
58.6K 1.8K 17
Warning: 18+ ABO worldကို အခြေခံရေးသားထားပါသည်။ စိတ်ကူးယဉ် ficလေးမို့ အပြင်လောကနှင့် များစွာ ကွာခြားနိုင်ပါသည်။