Dhadkan (Book 1 - Singhania B...

Por Amateurmisswriter_

Three brothers who shared nothing but the love they had for each other. A ten year old child who had been aba... Más

Prologue
Character Sketch
Part 1 : The longingness
Part 2 : Family dynamics
Part 3 : Realisations
Part 4 : Definition of family
Part 5 : Fears of past
Part 6 : Budding relationships
Part 7 : A wicked man
Part 8 : Memories
Part 10 : Bhaiya
Part 11 : Arnav Singhania
Part 12 : First step of acceptance
Part 13 : Fear of abandonment
Part 14 : Healing
Part 15 : Assurances
Part 16 : Family
Part 17 : Circumstances
Part 18 : Engagement
Part 19 : Changed dynamics
Part 20 : Ayaansh Singhania
Part 21 : Trust
Part 22 : Brothers
Part 23 : Family
Part 24 : Grateful to have you!
Part 25 : Bhabhi
Part 26 : The shared pain
Part 27 : Song made up of heartbeats!
Part 28 : The unforeseen happenings
Part 29 : The depth of love
Part 30 : The epiphany
Epilogue
ROOH (BOOK 2)

Part 9 : The past

3.7K 325 52
Por Amateurmisswriter_

After the dinner Aryan clung to Arnav refusing to leave him. Now that the adrenaline rush in him had subsidised down he was feeling exhausted for all the apparent reasons. And Arnav was his comfort place.

Arnav looked at Aniket. They had to discuss over the case and also talk to Ayaansh about the same.

Aniket sighed looking at the way Aryan was leaning on Arnav. "Aap jaiye, Bhaiya. I'll call you if needed. Kal baat kar lenge."

Arnav nodded and left with Aryan.

Ayaansh was feeling too overwhelmed to stay back there. He slowly walked back to his room and lied down burying his face in pillow. He didn't realise when the tears started streaming down his face and drenched his pillow.

He bawled his eyes out untill the ocean of his emotions was drained out and kept staring into the oblivion. He tried to shut off his eyes and ears to voices and visions that refused to leave him alone but the visions darkened alongwith voices getting harsher.

"Hum isse hostel bhej dete hai, Smriti. He is twelve. He can manage on his own."

"Aap kya keh rhe hai, Ashok? Hostel?"

"Haan, Smriti, hostel. Mujhe Ghar me yeh shor sharaba yeh sab nhi pasand."

The woman shook his head. "Hum abhi hostel me kaise denge, Ashok. Pehle se itne loans hai. Hostel ka kharcha?"

"Maine kaha tha tumse mujhe bachcha nhi chahiye, Smriti. Dekho ab kya ho rha hai." The man snapped back in frustration.

Smriti gasped. "Itne saalon baad yeh baat kyu, Ashok? Aapko pata hai kya halat the. I got to know about my pregnancy very late. Every doctor refused to terminate my pregnancy."

Twelve year old Ayaansh covered his mouth to muffle his voice as he heard his parents shouting while standing outside their room. Tears made his way to his eyes. He didn't understand what his parents were talking about but he understood that they were upset because of him.

Ashok rubbed his forehead in anger. "Yaad hai mujhe, Smriti. Par mujhse yeh school ke homework uski kahaniyaan inn sabme koi interest nhi hai. Apne bete ko samjhao ki apna kaam khud karna seekhe."

Smriti nodded. "Mai usse bolungi, Ashok. Mujhe bhi yeh sab pasand nhi. Mujhe apne kaam par dhyaan dena hai ghar aur bachche par nhi."

"Ek baar humara business sambhal jaye aur yeh loan mil Jaye toh mai kisi hostel Mai arrangement karwa doonga."

"Haan, Ashok, par abhi Hume humare business ke baare me sochne ki zarurat hai."

"Mai koshish kar raha hoon, Smriti par koi loan dene ko taiyaar nhi hai." Ashok replied in tensed voice.

Smriti blinked. They desperately needed the loan to save their business. She could only think of one way to do that. She didn't appreciate what she was about to do but the situation called for it all over again. She looked at her husband. "Mai ek insaan ko jaanti hoon Jo hume loan dega."

"Kon?"

"Devraj Mittal!"

"Yeh kon hai?"

The husband and wife continued to discuss unaware of their child's presence and the mental damage they had given him for life. Ayaansh quietly walked to his own room wiping his own tears with his little hands.

Ayaansh furiously rubbed off the new set of tears that rolled down without his permission against the pillow. He had learnt to wipe his own tears very early in life. But he didn't know the yearning of having someone else do that still persisted. The child inside him still yearned for the parental love he had been denied of.

Arnav was tapping Aryan's forehead who was lying down in his lap. The boy had no self preservation. He was exhausting his body after burning up with fever for two nights straight. Arnav couldn't blame him. His brothers never took it well whenever they were confined to their rooms. Aryan had very early learnt Aniket's mischievous stunts combining them with his own ideas proving to be a handful for Arnav.

Aryan circled his arms around Arnav's waist in his sleep making Arnav smile. That smile on Aryan's face lit up his world. Arnav caressed his hair gently.

The sound of heavy downpour shifted Arnav's attention. He looked out as the dead black sky was struck with lightning. The same way their life was! Arnav closed hai eyes to the past that had come back to haunt them.

"Das saal ka yeh bacha. Kya hi kaam karega yeh?"

The person looked at the woman in disgust. She had promised him a boy who would work for him. This was a ten year old child. He traded children above fifteen and this child was hardly ten. He needed children to work for his undercover business of mines. He ran an illegal business and nothing better than trading the unwanted children and having them work for him for the petty amount.

The woman pushed the child who was tugging at her sareee towards the man and joined her hands. "jaanti hoon par yeh sab kaam karega tumhara. Mai iss bachche ko apne saath nhi rakh sakti. Meri mazboori samjho, Dev."

Devraj Mittal smirked. He wasn't wrong about women being stupid. "Jitna kaha tha uske aadhe paise doonga sirf ."

She nodded. "Manzoor hai."

"Maa, mujhe ghar Jana hai." The little boy spoke looking at his mother with innocent eyes.

"Mat bol mujhe maa. Marr gyi teri maa." The woman spoke harshly and turned to Devraj. "Aaj se yeh tumhari amaanat. Jo karna hai Karo."

The boy's eyes filled up. "Aap kya keh rhi ho?"

Devraj held his hand and pulled him towards himself. "Kya naam hai tumhara?"

"Arnav." The child replied hesitantly.

Devraj gave him an evil smile and looked at Smriti. "Tum jao, paise mil jaayenge tumhe."

Smriti nodded and turned to leave. Arnav freed himself from Devraj's grip and ran to Smriti. "Aap Kahan Jaa rhi ho, maa? Mujhe bhi yahan nhi rehna. Chalo chalte hai."

Smriti shrugged him off herself and glared at him. "Kaha na mat bol mujhe maa. Nhi hai teri koi maa. Ab tujhe yahin rehna hai."

Arnav gasped. All he could make out was his mother was leaving him! The child had no idea he had been traded off!

Arnav shook his head and held her hands. "Mujhe aapke saath Jana hai. Yaha mat chhodo mujhe."

Smriti jerked off his hands. "Ab toh mera peechha chhod de." She looked at Devraj and spoke in disgust. "Sambhalo apni musibat ko, Dev. Iska chehra nhi dekhna mujhe."

Arnav tightened his grip on his mother and pleaded desperately. "Mai aapko pareshan nhi karunga, Maa. Bas mujhe yaha mat chhodo. Aap mujhe—"

Smriti cut him off with a slap and walked away leaving a heartbroken Arnav behind!

Arnav screamed and begged of her to stop but she didn't look back. He fell down on his knees and cried when he lost the sight of his mother and all he could see was the engulfing darkness around him.

Devraj pulled him up harshly and dragged him inside the house. "Yeh sab yahan nhi chalega. Rona dhona baad me, pehle kaam."

Arnav looked at him blankly. The person's words were completely lost to him.

Devraj shook him in anger. "Suna nhi tune maine kya kaha?

Arnav looked at him with his tear filled eyes. "Mumma?"

Devraj laughed at the child's plight. "Teri maa tujhe chand paiso me bech ke chali gyi hai. Bhool ja usse."

Arnav blinked his eyes. What was the person talking about? Things were meant to be sold, not people, right?

A staff came to Devraj and gave him his tea. Devraj took the cup and looked at him. "Kal se tumhari chhutti. Kaam pe aane ki zaroorat nhi hai."

"Kyun sahab? Koi galti ho gyi?" The person asked in scared voice.

Devraj gave a humourous laugh. "Naya naukar mil gya mujhe. Bina paise ka kaam karne wala hai toh tumhe paise kyun du mai? Jao ab."

The person walked away without a word but stopped to look back at the child. His heart filled up with sympathy every time he saw a new child being traded off to work at the dangerous mines but this time his heart went out to the child standing in front of him. No child deserved the fate he was going to have to live with. He sighed and left.

"Tujhse factory me kaam nhi karwa sakta abhi par ghar ke sab kaam karne padenge samjha?" Devraj spoke while sipping his tea.

Arnav stood there without any comprehension of what was happening around him.

"Samjha ya nhi?" Devraj asked again.

Arnav stood quiet.

Devraj got up angrily. "Abhi samjhata hoon tujhe." He took the belt nearby and raised it in the air....

Aryan stirred in his sleep startling Arnav out of his trance. The sky thundered once again and Aryan squirmed. Aryan was scared of thunders and lightning. Arnav pulled Aryan closer and ran his fingers through his hair. It calmed down Aryan immediately. He snuggled closer to Arnav seeking the protection and Arnav's embrace offered that in abundance.

Arnav had just managed to calm down Aryan when a blood chilling scream echoed through the mansion. Arnav's eyes flew open in shock. He was hearing the similar screams after a decade. His heart raced thinking about the worst probability. He stood up to rush out but Aryan held his hands. He was also awakened by the voice.

"Bhaiya?" Aryan asked in low scared voice.

"Darr mat, beta, mai aata hoon. Room se bahar mat aana."

Arnav rushed out without giving Aryan time to react. Aryan also rushed out behind him. He couldn't stay back. Arnav was going through Aniket's room when he saw a tensed Aniket coming out of study.

Aniket saw Arnav and quickly came to him. "Bhaiya, yeh cheekh?"

Arnav cupped his face. "Tu theek hai?"

Aniket hugged him. He could see what his brother had been thinking. "Mai nhi tha, Bhaiya."

Arnav pulled back immediately and looked around. Aniket and Aryan were right in front of him. That left only one among them!

"Aru ke saath ruk, Ani." Arnav said and rushed to Ayaansh's room.

Aryan wanted to follow Arnav but Aniket held him back. He knew Arnav could handle it. He had enough experience to know that Ayaansh didn't need an audience right now!

Arnav entered Ayaansh's room and found him fidgeting on the bed. He immediately went closer and was shocked to see Ayaansh sweating profusely while muttering something in his sleep.

The thunders struck again and Ayaansh shivered. Arnav quickly sat down and pulled Ayaansh up.
His blood ran cold when he heard those incoherent mutterings.

"Sorry, baba, mat jao please."

"Maa, hostel mat bhejo."

"Nhi jaana mujhe."

Arnav shook Ayaansh to awaken him. "Ayaansh, wake up."

"Nhi jana mujhe hostel."

Arnav's heart went out to the boy. He pulled him in his embrace and patted his cheeks. "Uth, bachcha. Kahin nhi ja rha tu. Wake up!"

Ayaansh opened his eyes and looked at Arnav groggily.

Arnav wiped away his tears with his thumb. The gesture filled up Ayaansh's eyes all over again. "Baba?"

Arnav was left speechless.

"Aap sachi aaye ho, Baba?"

Arnav blinked off his tears and held him against his chest. How was he supposed to tell him that his father was never coming back? Arnav didn't know that coming back was for the people who once stayed and Ashok Singhania never stayed in Ayaansh's life.

Ayaansh blinked his eyes and took a moment to make out his surroundings. He was startled to find himself in Arnav's arms. He pulled back immediately and looked away embarassed. "Aap yahan?"

Arnav filled a glass of water and passed it to him. Ayaansh didn't reach for it.

"Have it. It'll help you calm down."

Ayaansh looked down guiltily and had the water. As his brother said, it did help him calm down his brain.

"Theek hai, bachcha?" Arnav cupped his face.

Ayaansh didn't dare look up. The gentleness in Arnav's eye always ended up reducing him to tears.
"Sorry aapko raat ko pareshan kiya."

Arnav sighed. "Chal so ja. Bohot raat ho chuki hai."

Ayaansh nodded and lied down without a word. He was taken aback when Arnav made room for himself and lies down beside him.

"Aap chale jao. I'm fine." Ayaansh tried to get up but Arnav pulled him back. "So ja, Ayu, we can talk tomorrow."

Ayaansh hesitated but lied down anyway. "Mai sach me theek hoon. Aap aaram se so jao jake." He tried again.

Arnav looked at him. "Mai aaram se hi so rha hoon, Ayu. Zidd mat kar aur so ja."

Ayaansh looked down and closed hai eyes trying to sleep but his mind spinned everytime he closed his eyes. He opened his eyes and gulped helplessly.

Arnav pulled him closer and ran his fingers through his hair the same was he does with Aryan. His little brother always found comfort through that gesture and Arnav hoped Ayaansh could find some too.

"Neend nhi aa rhi?" Arnav started conversation to ease him.

Ayaansh shook his head mildly.

"Koi baat nhi. Aru ko bhi aise toofaan me akele neend nhi aati."

"Toh aap jao na uske paas." Ayaansh spoke up immediately.

Arnav smiled. "Ani hai uske paas. Chinta mat kar." Ayaansh relaxed.

"Tujhe bhi darr lagta hai thunders se?" Arnav asked gently.

Ayaansh's eyes saddened.

Little Ayaansh ran out of his room and knocked at his parents'door.
The door opened and his father looked at him with annoyance. "Ab itni raat ko kya ho gya, Ayaansh?

Ayaansh hesitated.

"Can you talk?"

Ayaansh flinched. "Mujhe darr lag rha hai, Baba. Badal kitna awaaz kar rhe hai. Can I sleep with you and maa?"

Smriti came from behind. "Aise cheezon se nhi darte. When will you learn? Jao jake so jao apne room me. Me and your father have office tomorrow."

"Please, maa, sirf aaj raat ke liye." Ayaansh pleaded. He was really scared to sleep alone in that thunderous night.

"Humari neend mat kharab kar, Ayaansh. Go and sleep." Ashok said and shut the door.

Tears streamed down Ayaansh's face as he knocked at the door again but got no response. He sat at the doorstep and hugged his knees closer to feel safe.

After that night Ayaansh never got scared of thunders again. He was made to learn to feel safe on his own!

"Kya hua, bachcha?" Arnav caressed his face. He hated to see the sadness in his eyes.

Ayaansh looked at him. He could see the concern in Arnav's eyes. He chose to not acknowledge the love shining along the concern. He couldn't hope more than what his destiny had in store for him.

"Aapko hug kar loon?" He blurted out. He just wanted to know how it feels when someone else made him feel safe instead of his doing it on his own.

Arnav's eyes filled up with love. He pulled Ayaansh against his chest and pressed a gentle kiss on his head.

Ayaansh wrapped his arms around Arnav and let the tears fall. He knew without an ounce of doubt that he loved Arnav. He was jus too scared to voice it out. He closed his eyes and felt himself warming up instead of being haunted by the horrible nightmares. Arnav's embrace made him experience the safety he hadn't known of. Ayaansh knew that from now onwards Arnav was the only safe heaven he was ever gonna look for!

____________________________________

A/n

How was the chapter?

Favourite character or scene?

Hope you guys liked it!

Thanks for all the comments on the last chapter! Your every single comment makes my day!

Love,
Muskan

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

26.2K 2.1K 12
The feeling of being unloved by one's own family was not unknown to Akshara. Yet she doesn't hate her family for despising her since she was only a n...
55.1K 2.4K 28
He had to choose. He choosed, and left his brothers who were his life. To keep them save, to save them from there own mother. A woman, the world fear...
103K 8.6K 36
The journey of a family bonded by heart and soul instead of blood! The journey of a boy who was left homeless after the death of his parents. Homeles...
256K 2.7K 10
---- SAMPLE ONLY------ The brother who guided him from darkness to life, gave a promise to their dying father...... a promise that brought home a tee...