Shades

By authorsommy

"He has no fucking right to fucking touch you!" "You can't tell me who I can and cannot hang out with" He fin... More

Blue
is not
just a feeling
of sadness.
Everything
is deserving
of a
second chance.
Life
is tough
so are you.
The strongest
hearts
have
the most
scars.
There is
always
more
to people
than
they
let on.
Hear
the hell
in

but

17 4 0
By authorsommy

It was almost 10 p.m. when Kate got into the city. She had managed to survive a 3-hour journey without breaking down and crying in the middle of the road. Her head ached and the only thing she could think of was having a strong drink. She couldn't go to the bar because it was already too late and there were no drinks back at the apartment.

She cleaned her eyes and fishing into her back pocket, brought out a crumpled piece of paper. It was the same jeans she had worn that night when Dylan dropped his number so the paper was still there.

She unfolded the paper and picked up her phone as she dialled the number. Putting it on speaker, she focused on the road.

"Hello?" The voice came out cracked.

There was no noise in the background and Kate was a little bummed that the party didn't hold again. She needed a drink.

"Hi, it's Kate"

There was silence for a while before Dylan spoke again. "Oh bartender chic, what's up?"

"Uh, I wanted to ask if the offer for the party still stands."

"Ofcourse it does. I was just out to get more booze. Do you mind telling me where you are so we can go together?"

She smiled at the mention of booze. Gosh, she was acting like a real psycho right now.

"No, just send me the address. I'm with a car"

"Alright, I'll send it right now"

He hung up and the text with the address came in a few seconds later. Kate smiled, knowing that she was surely going to get drunk soon.

***

Kate parked the car a few blocks away from the frat house. The last thing she wanted was for some drunken guys to bash the car and then she would get screamed at by Noelle.

The music was loud enough to reach where she was. That was saying something because she wasn't that close to the house yet. She sure hoped the neighbours wouldn't call the cops on them for the noise. Well not until she drank her fill and left.

Kate cleaned her face as she walked to the party. She didn't want to go in looking like she had been crying for 3hours.

"Kate!"

A loud honk came from behind her and she turned around.

She struggled to see who it was with the car headlights flashing in her face.

"Kate" footsteps approached her and she almost got the idea that her dad had followed her.

Almost.

"Dylan" she smiled seeing the dimpled guy infront of her.

"Hi. You look um..."

She followed his line of sight to her outfit. She was still wearing her coat over her shirt.

"Oh," she chuckled and pulled it off.

Good thing she was wearing a cute crop top underneath it.

"Now that's better" Dylan grabbed her coat and started walking back to his car. "Come on, let's go"

"Uhm, I'll rather walk. You should too. The house is not far and you probably don't want anyone ruining your car"

"Not my car though but you're right" he dropped her coat in the car and walked back to her with two boxes of alcohol.

They walked for about 2 minutes before reaching the house.

Kate couldn't help but look around as they walked. People were making out at every spot, someone throwing up in a bush, someone throwing up on the floor, cigarette smoke puffing everywhere. This was exactly why she didn't like parties. But today, she was just going to try.

"Hey! There's a bush there yunno!" Dylan yelled at the guy vomiting on the floor.

They walked into the house and Kate almost got lost in the view of the people dancing. Dancing was her thing. But right now she needed to focus on something else.

"Follow me, I'll give you a drink" Dylan called as he walked ahead of her.

She met up with him and was even more surprised at what was going on in the kitchen.

More making out and more vomit.

There was even someone sitting by the trash can. He was probably passed out.

Dylan walked passed the people like it was nothing and stocked the drinks in the fridge. He tossed her a bottle which she gladly accepted.

"I saw your friend" Dylan started as they walked out of the kitchen.

"Really? Where's she?"

"I don't know" he looked around. "I think she went up with a guy."

Kate tilted her head at him. It wasn't like Noelle to just go off with some guy. As far as she could remember, Noelle hadn't had a boyfriend. Ever. She was all about how she didn't want her heart broken so she stayed away from guys even though they kept coming after her. She had only had a few flings but never had sex. She said it was too attached.

Kate chuckled as she followed Dylan to the back of the house. She and Noelle were the same in some aspects.

There were a group of people sitting together at the back, apart from the other people partying at a distance. Dylan greeted almost everybody and they threw smiles at him. He seemed popular. How come she didn't even know they were in the same school?

Well if she didn't know the all-amazing Damien Carter, how then would she have known Dylan?

"So guys, this is my friend Kate. She's cool. Just don't flirt with her friend." Dylan introduced.

They all laughed and greeted her too but she was completely lost, looking at the guy at the end wall. Even though she couldn't see him well, she could still recognize that tall masculine figure and shiny dark hair. He was holding a stick of cigarette in his mouth as some girl rubbed her hands all over him. Her hands were going everywhere while he just stood there smiling at her.

"Hey, Kate, up for a game?"

Kate removed her eyes from the disturbing scene of Damien and the girl. Noelle was right about him.

"Sure" She nodded and sat next to Dylan.

"Yo, Damien!" Dylan called out and Damien turned to him.

He looked surprised seeing her. Or maybe it was just her imagination since he just walked to them.

"We're going to play Truth or Dare," Dylan said to him.

"Alright," Damien ignored the girl he was just with and sat with the group.

"You okay with Truth or Dare?" Dylan asked Kate.

She nodded. Even though she wasn't totally okay with it. She just wanted peace while she drank.

The game started and they had been a few rounds of kissing and touching.

"Okay new girl, Truth or Dare?" One of the guys asked Kate.

She looked around to be sure he was talking to her. When he gave her a smirk, she dropped her finished bottle and grabbed another one before answering him.

"Dare"

"Okay. I dare you to make out with Damien for 30 seconds."

There were some 'ooohs' as the guys jabbed Damien and two girls glared at her. Damien on the other hand, just kept glaring at the guy who dared her.

"What happens if I don't?" She asked. She wasn't ready to kiss someone who probably had his tongue down someone's throat minutes ago.

"You have to take off a piece of clothing" the guy smirked. "Either way, it's a win-win"

She swallowed. Considering how she felt about her body, she wasn't ready for any remarks when she pulls off her top or jeans. She tapped her foot on the ground, thinking, and smiled when she saw her shoes.

She immediately pulled off the shoes and put them in the air.

"I took off my shoes"

"Hey, it has to be clothing" the guy argued.

"Fuck off, Matt" Dylan waved him off. "Shoes are clothing too"

The guy was about to argue again but a girl in shorts and a bra stood up. Her red fiery hair swayed as she walked to the middle of the group.

"It's alright. If you really want it, then I can do Kate's dare" she threw a smile.

"Yeah, go B!"

They all started cheering as she made her way to Damien and sat on his lap.

"That is..." She paused and traced a finger down Damien's face. "If Carter wants it too"

Damien didn't say anything and then the girl just started kissing him.

Kate's mouth hung gape. Was she just going to kiss him when he didn't even consent to it? She felt irritated and disgusted as the girl straddled him and deepened the kiss, earning cheers from the other people.

--------------------------------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 482 68
"You were worried about me, Specs?" He smirked. "No, Tyler. I hoped that someone cut up your corpse and fed it to paranas. Obviously I was, you idiot...
|FRIENDS| By Yeah

Fanfiction

4.3K 162 16
⚠️cussing, violence, sexual references NOT FOR BECKY⚠️ Damien Lavey, a violent, arson loving demon. He had many friends and was rather popular for...
6.7K 1.3K 72
"I..." "Stop it!" he shouts, stopping me in mid sentence "I hate you." "B-But why? Why do you hate me?" "Oh! You know the reason." "If I would've...