lost cause | billie eilish

By welovemoo

billie finds herself falling for someone she doesn't want to fall for. and though she may be able to land the... More

2 | some company
3 | snap out of it
4 | private lesson
5 | i promise
6 | stay away
7 | more than friends
8 | what was i made for?
9 | warning
10 | get up, barbie.
11 | your abuser
12 | she knows
13 | it's time
14 | congratulations!
15 | thank you.
16 | case closed
17 | no good
18 | first of the season
19 | with you
20 | hell of a week
21 | nowhere to go
22 | there she is
23 | we're okay
24 | late night
25 | happy birthday saylor!
26 | a nightmare
27 | trouble in paradise?
28 | before i let that happen
29 | hope you're happy

1 | what is your name?

7.7K 138 475
By welovemoo

"the fuck did i tell you moony?!" she yelled as she backed me into the wall.

"no p- please," i stuttered as i slid down the wall, terrified.

she cocked her hand back in preparation to hit me again and i shielded my face, bracing for whatever else is to come.

but then she sighed. "you know what, i don't even have time tonight."

she then chugged her 4th can of beer, and threw the empty can at my face. i looked up at her, breathing heavily. she just shook her head at me and walked off.

after sitting against the wall, holding my knees in fear for about 10 minutes, i finally got up and looked around the kitchen.

empty beer cans everywhere. open bottles of vodka. a ziplock bag of weed on the table. and 3 prescription bottles on the counter.

i just looked away, wondering how i let it get to this point. then i continued to walk down the hall and into the bedroom, making sure to remain quiet so i dont wake the queen.

i peeped in and there she was, passed out on our bed with a blunt in her hand. all i could do was stare at her with disgrace and exhaustion.

im tired.

                                 - billie's pov -

"bro you literally can't put a yellow card on top of a green one," i exclaimed in a laugh as we sat on the floor playing uno. "are you color blind?"

"i can if it's the same number billie," she squinted. "you put down a 6 and so did i."

"no honey that's a 9," i rose my eyebrows.

her mouth dropped, making me laugh even harder. "fuck this damn game," tatum said as she threw her cards at me.

tatum is one of my good friends who i see as a sister. she's so adorable with her short brown hair and freckles. she's literally one of the closest people to me. we hang out literally all the time. im always at her house.

and we wanted to hang out tonight so she ordered us food and now we're just here playing card games in the middle of her living room.

what a slay.

"wanna go again?" i giggled.

"or we could play the switch," she shrugged.

"yeah let's do that," i nodded.

we sat on her couch and began playing mario kart on her switch console.

"let me be princess peach," i insisted.

"no your hair isn't blonde anymore bitch," she started. "i wanna be her."

"your hair is literally brown," i pointed out. "you might as well be princess daisy."

"daisy's hair is light brown," she squinted. "mine is kinda dark."

"great so just be bowser," i chuckled. "you look more like him anyway," i said, making her mouth drop.

"if i'm bowser then you have to be yoshi you short ass dinosaur," she rose her eyebrows.

i laughed. "fine, let's do it."

we played a couple of games and i was beating her ass pretty bad cause she sucks. we also heard some loud thunder after awhile.

"man it's really coming down out there," tate said as she looked towards her window where we could see the lightning flashing through.

"yeah i'm definitely staying here tonight," i said.

"oh you knew you were staying over before you even came here," she laughed.

we played more games but after awhile, there was a knock on her door.

it's literally 1:30 in the morning.. and storming outside.

the fuck?

tatum looked at me with slightly wide eyes. "who the fuck is that?"

"bitch i don't know," i said. "it's your house."

"go see who it is," she whispered.

"no you do it!" i whispered back. "what if it's ghost face?"

"billie!" she whisper yelled.

"tatum!" i whisper yelled.

"ughhhh," she groaned.

"taytay it's me!" someone yelled from outside the door.

"moony?" tatum furrowed her eyebrows in confusion as she quickly got up and went to open the door.

there stood a girl. she had on a white long sleeve compression shirt, grey sweatpants, and brown ugg slippers. she also had 2 suitcases beside her and her hair was wet from the rain. she did not seem happy at all.

"oh my god moony," tatum hurried to bring the girl inside. "what- what happened? what's going on?" she asked as her and the girl sat at the kitchen island.

moony?????

the girl began talking very softly but frantically. "i'm sorry i tried calling but you know it's bad service on the roads coming this way from my place and the call kept failing and-"

"okay okay just just hold on," tatum said as she got up. "i'm gonna go make sure the guest room is clean so you can sleep in there," she said as she walked in the guest room, leaving the girl sitting at the kitchen island, while im right here on the living room couch.

and btw the kitchen and living room are right next to each other of course. so we can very well see each other. we both glanced at one another but she did a double take and i could see her eyes get wide but she quickly looked down.

guess she realized who i was.

we're now both avoiding eye contact by turning our heads in different directions.

awkward.

tatum came back into the kitchen and said "okay yeah everything's good in there. cmon and you can tell me what happened," she told the girl. then she stopped and looked at me. "i'll be right back billie," she said to me.

"if i need to leave it's fine-"

"no. god no," tate said. "it's late and that storm is not letting up. you're still staying here. i'll be out in a second."

"yes mother," i chuckled at her.

i then made eye contact with the girl again and grinned at her to be friendly because i felt bad. she seemed pretty upset. but she grinned back and slightly waved at me before looking away and following tatum into the guest room, along with her suitcases.

they shut the door and ended up being in there for about 15 minutes. i wasn't tripping or anything cause the poor girl seemed like she could use a friend.

i just played more games and ate more food while chilling on the couch. tatum soon came out and closed the guest room door behind her. she then walked over and sat next to me on the couch, letting out a huge sigh.

i looked at her with my eyebrows furrowed. "everything okay? who the fuck is that?" i whispered.

she sighed. "she's one of my best friends from back when i lived in palm springs."

"is- is that where she just drove in from?" i furrowed my eyebrows. "that's like 2 hours away."

"yup," tate said as she rubbed her temple in distress. "she drove two hours in the storm to get here."

"well what's going on with her?" i asked, now very curious.

"relationship troubles," she shook her head. "it's a lot," she yawned.

"is she okay?" i rose my eyebrows.

"yeah," tate started. "she will be. she's just gonna have to stay here awhile."

"well um okay let's just call it a night cause i can see you're tired," i told her. "and so am i."

"okay yeah- yeah let's do that," tatum said as she got up from the couch and began walking to her bedroom with me following behind her.

"so is moony her actual name?" i whispered.

tate laughed. "no."

-

it was the next morning and i was woken up by tatum's loud ass groaning next to me in bed. her phone was vibrating. she answered and after a couple seconds, groaned a lot louder.

"oh tatum please shut the fuck up," i said as i put my face into the pillow.

"fuck you," she rasped as she got up and went to her bathroom.

i checked my phone and the time was 7am. 20 minutes later, tatum came out the bathroom in her underwear and headed straight to her closet where she began to put on her scrubs.

"i thought you were off today?" i furrowed my eyebrows. "that was the whole point of us being up late."

"i wasn't off. i was on call meaning if they need me, i have to go in," she started. "i honestly didnt think they'd call though which is why i was cool with being up so late."

"damn," i shook my head.

"ugh i don't wanna go," she whined.

"well ma'am no one told you to go be a nurse," i chuckled.

"well someone has to be there to help when clumsy bitches like you injure yourself 10 times in one year," she blinked with a bitchy grin.

i squinted. "oh you've been waiting to use that one huh?"

"yes. i. have."

then we both giggled. "have a good day at work sweetie," i said to her as i turned over in her bed to go back to sleep.

"thanks," tate said as she started grabbing her things and throwing them in a tote bag. "whenever you leave, just lock up. moony might be in the room all day," she told me as she was walking out her door.

"bro what is her actual name?" i asked kinda loudly.

but then her door closed. so i just shrugged and turned over, going back to sleep.

                              - moony's pov -

i woke up and it was around 10am. i sat at the edge of the bed, popping all the bones in my body before checking my phone.

21 messages
37 missed calls

and also a text from tatum saying that she got called into work. so i guess it's just me here.

i rolled my eyes and got out the bed. i walked into the bathroom and looked in the mirror. i looked so rough that i actually chuckled. cause i literally look like who did it and what for.

i washed my face, brushed my teeth, and brushed my hair. i kept on the sweatshirt i currently had on along with the boy short panties i was wearing.

i sighed as i slid my slippers on and walked out of the bedroom. i walked into the living room area and it looks exactly how it was last night. games everywhere, and food all over the kitchen island.

guess tatum and billie had fun last night.

let's actually pause right there.

billie eilish???

i remember tatum telling me they were good friends but that was so long ago, i honestly forgot.

billie was the last person i expected to be here last night and the fact that she saw me like that was so embarrassing, honestly the cherry on top of the fucking cake. all i could do was look away because what else am i supposed to do???

anyway, i decided to clean the kitchen and living room this morning. i mean it's the least i could do for my dear friend. especially since im gonna be staying here til i figure shit out.

i had cleaned everything and was now doing dishes when i heard tate's bedroom door open. in fright, my head turned so quickly and there she was.

billie eilish.

"oh my god," i lowly gasped.

"sorry i- i didn't mean to scare you," she said as she stood against the door.

she was still in her sleep clothes and her hair was messy. it looked like she had just rolled out of bed tbh.

"it's fine," i shook my head. "i- i um just thought i was alone," i said as i turned back around to face the sink.

"are you... cleaning the whole kitchen?" she furrowed her eyebrows as she walked closer to me.

"yeah it's no big deal," i shrugged.

"you need some help?" she rose her eyebrows as she approached me up close at the sink.

i turned around and she was closer to me than i thought. "oh um-"

then the glass that was in my hand slipped out, and shattered on the floor right between me and billie.

"fuck," i said lowly now in a panic as i kneeled down to pick the broken glass up.

"no no stop don't do that," billie quickly stopped me.

i just looked up at her.

"you could literally cut yourself," she chuckled as she held her hand out for me to grab.

i grabbed her hand and she pulled me up, bringing us face to face.

i got to see her up close and personal. she's so fucking pretty. i looked into her eyes and it's like i got lost. we both kinda stared at each other for a second before i looked down, hella nervous.

"um," she cleared her throat before walking over to a closet with cleaning supplies.

i turned around and leaned over the sink for a second, trying to catch my breath and shake off my nerves.

billie walked back over to where i was and begin sweeping the glass.

"oh i- i could do it," i told her.

"no no," she said. "i literally walked up on you and scared you. it's on me, i got it."

"okay," i said low enough to where she probably didn't even hear me.

"but honestly if you wanna be a doll and hold the dust pan for me that'd be great," she chuckled.

"oh um okay yeah," i snapped back to reality, grabbing the dust pan and holding it while billie swept the glass into it.

after throwing the broken glass away, she walked up close to me again and whispered "this stays between us."

i slightly giggled and nodded.

SAY SOMETHING TO HER.

"um so," i started as i turned around to go dry my hands off from the dish water. "how- how did you sleep?"

of all the things...

"oh," she laughed. "are you asking cause of my hair?" she asked as she sat on the stool at the island. "i left it this crazy cause i didn't think i'd run into anybody on my way out."

i just chuckled as i leaned on the sink across from her.

"especially cause tate told me that you might be in the room all day," she added, scratching the back of her neck.

fucking tatum..

i looked down. "yeah i'm sure she thought i'd be moping around sad all day but i told her i'm fine."

"are you?" billie rose her eyebrows. "because anyone who voluntarily drives 2 hours in that kind of storm does not seem okay."

well damn.

"to be fair, it wasn't storming when i started driving," i started. "and i really just needed to go."

"were you in like... danger?"

"no," i quickly shook my head. "my uh.. girlfriend and i got into a really big argument and broke up last night so i packed what i could and left."

"oh i'm sorry," she told me.

"don't be," i looked at her. "you didn't do anything."

"right," billie looked down in a bit of shyness? "um so you guys lived together?"

"yeah we shared an apartment in palm springs but it's in her name which is why i just decided to go," i nodded.

"that really sucks," bil shook her head.

"it does," i agreed. "especially considering we've been together for 5 years."

"oh my god," she rose her eyebrows.

"high school sweethearts," i fake grinned.

"doesn't sound too sweet," she looked at me. "um so has she liked tried getting in touch with you since last night?"

"yeah," i cleared my throat. "but im not responding. paige can be a vindictive little bitch so im good where im at," i shook my head.

"wow," billie expressed, i can tell she didn't know what else to say.

"yeah," i nodded. "but uh anyway, sorry for intruding on you guys' little sleepover last night."

"oh girl shush," she told me. "you clearly needed your friend and that's okay."

"i gotta say though, it was pretty embarrassing walking in here drenched in rain and then seeing you," i laughed. "i was like there's no way billie eilish is seeing me like this."

"no no no," she shook her head. "please don't think like that."

"kinda hard not to," i chuckled.

"look, don't feel embarrassed," she went on. "you're too beautiful for anyone not to value."

i slightly rose my eyebrows at her comment and immediately blushed. "thank you."

"yeah." she chuckled nervously and looked down.

"um," i cleared my throat. "well, i think i should probably eat," i stood up and walked to the fridge.

"don't even waste your time looking in there," billie started. "tatum has zero groceries."

i looked in the fridge and billie was absolutely right. it was just bottled waters, kombucha,
and a giant tub of yogurt. i sighed and shook my head.

i turned back around to face billie again and i noticed her eyes instantly shoot up to my face. as if she was looking at my ass? i furrowed my eyebrows with a little laugh and she quickly looked down.

"you didn't see that," she playfully squinted.

"if that's what you want me to believe," i chuckled as i walked towards the guest bedroom which is now mine i guess. "welp i might as well shower and then figure out what i'm going to eat."

"you sure?" billie furrowed her eyebrows.

"yeah," i said as i faced her. "i went straight to bed last night when i got here. feel like i still smell like rain," i laughed.

"oh okay," billie started.

i then walked into the bedroom and started closing the door when billie said "but wait," as she walked up to me in the door way.

"what is your name?"

i smiled. "saylor."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

414K 6.5K 80
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
15.4K 504 11
𝘡𝘰đ˜Ļ 𝘩đ˜ĸđ˜Ĩ 𝘲đ˜ļđ˜Ēđ˜ĩđ˜Ļ đ˜ĩ𝘩đ˜Ļ đ˜Ē𝘮đ˜ĸ𝘨đ˜Ēđ˜¯đ˜ĸđ˜ĩđ˜Ēđ˜°đ˜¯ 𝘧𝘰đ˜ŗ đ˜ĸ đ˜ĩ𝘸đ˜Ļđ˜¯đ˜ĩđ˜ē 𝘧𝘰đ˜ļđ˜ŗ đ˜ēđ˜Ļđ˜ĸđ˜ŗ 𝘰𝘭đ˜Ĩ, 𝘴𝘩đ˜Ļ 𝘸đ˜ĸ𝘴 đ˜ĸ đ˜Ĩđ˜ŗđ˜Ļđ˜ĸ𝘮đ˜Ļđ˜ŗ. 𝘉đ˜ļđ˜ĩ 𝘴𝘩īŋŊ...
19.4K 896 68
Quotes about inspiration, sad quotes, happy quotes, birthday quotes, anniversary quotes motivational quotes.
268K 6.1K 61
(Female x female) Sure Elliot liked billie Eilish as a music artist but more then that she was unsure , until one day she finally got to interview he...