Black Bellied Belle: Demon Lo...

By Pandavent

The first time they met they had battled fiercely, just for a mere bunch of herbs. She needed it to save peop... More

Prologue - Ch. 10
Ch. 11-20
Ch. 21-30
Ch. 31-40
Ch. 41-50
Ch. 51-60
Ch. 61-70
Ch. 71-80
Ch. 81-90
Ch. 91-100
Ch. 101-110
Ch. 111-120
Ch. 121-130
Ch. 131-140
Ch. 141-150
Ch. 151-160
Ch. 161-170
Ch. 171-180
Ch. 181-190
Ch. 191-200
Ch. 201-210
Ch. 211-220
Ch. 231-240
Ch. 241-250
Ch. 251-260
Ch. 261-270
Ch. 271-280
Ch. 281-290
Ch. 291-300
Ch. 301-310
Ch. 311-320
Ch. 321-330
Ch. 331-End

Ch. 221-230

24 0 0
By Pandavent

Chapter 221: I Love You, So I Want to Eat You Up

Qing Yu scoffed indignantly, but her voice was tinged with a sliver of coyness that she herself was unaware of. "Fat hope."

Her coy little look made Lou Jun Yao laugh and he looked mischievously at her. "If that is really the case, upon hearing that I am leaving....."

His long slender fingers held the young lady's exquisite little chin, his handsome face leaning in close to hers as his captivating voice sounded: "Upon hearing that I'm leaving..... why did your face immediately looked so unhappy?"

"When did I show an unhappy face?" With her chin held in his hand, Qing Yu had nowhere to hide, her gaze unwavering as she stared straight at the man.

Gazing into the mesmerizing pair of violet eyes that shone and sparkled like purple precious stones, filled with mirth and a faint indulgent glint, Qing Yu was caught off guard and inextricably drawn right into them.

Her heart felt like it skipped a beat, enraptured by his tender gaze.

Qing Yu subconsciously lowered her eyes. [Again. That same strange feeling.]

It was not known when it started, that things between the two of them..... Turned to become different. And the way he gazes at her, it seems to make her feel as if he treasures her very much.

With her gaze lowered and her long lashes playfully curled up, her flawlessly beautiful face bashfully and demurely turned away, she looked so innocent and untainted, unlike her usual mischievous self, a devilishly alluring glint always in the corner of her eyes.

He could still remember back when they had first met each other, when the lass was very much younger, disguised to look like a thin and frail little youth. Who would have thought that she had been hiding her powers, daring to come to the White Fens Lands alone, and succeeded in stealing the Polar Core Fire from him, before vanishing into thin air after that?

He had searched the White Fens Lands for two whole years without any success, for who could have possibly imagined that the nimble fingered little youth would turn out to be a young little lass instead?

But it was not entirely his fault as she had only been about ten years of age back then and her body had not really started to develop at that time, her facial features still yet to mature. So who could possibly tell? Anyone would have thought that the thief was just a handsome looking young boy.

The way she looked now was every inch an alluring demoness, no like that pretty looking youth back then at all.

Lou Jun Yao continued to gaze at her and suddenly started laughing. Had it all been destined by Heaven that she had appeared before him so suddenly to then disappear, before delivering her right to his side once again now.

"What's so fun...... Mffft....."

Qing Yu's eyes flared wide open as her unspoken words were drowned by the sudden kiss on her lips.

After the initial shock passed, her arms that were hanging by her sides suddenly gripped her clothes, and she felt her heart suddenly beating very fast in that instant, the same strange feeling overwhelming her, rendering her helpless.

She just remained in her spot staring into that countenance that was the envy of both gods and mortals, her eyes half closed, as he kissed her with an earnest look on his face.

Chapter 221.2: I Love You, So I Want to Eat You Up

It was different from the dominating manner that could not be refused in the past. It was as if he was trying to express a certain emotion, being exceptionally gentle and tender, carefully protective and doting, which was so moving and touching.

But just like before, throughout the times it happened, she did not seem to show any resistance to his attempts at intimacy.

Although she was highly embarrassed by it every time, but she did not feel the slightest bit of dislike.

She then recalled what had happened in her previous life, when she was trapped under Qian Tian Lin's control and was unable to resist in any way. He had merely just kissed her lightly on her cheek but what she had felt back then was not just anger from his deceit and betrayal, she had also felt indescribably disgusted.

But with this man before her now.....

Qing Yu blinked her eyes, and thought seriously about what was happening for a moment. She could possibly have..... come to like him a little.

As despite the many times he had teased her with an evil smile on his face, or when they had touched so intimately like just now..... She had not disliked it, but even liked it a little.

But, the man did not seem to have ever said he liked her before. Though it seemed as though he might have said it before, he always looked like he was just joking around. He had always liked to make jokes and it was so hard to guess which of his words were speaking the truth and which were not.

As she came to think of that, a strange feeling of frustration suddenly rose up out of nowhere. She had grown to like him but what if he saw her only as a normal friend? If she were to say something now, wouldn't it become very awkward for them when they come to meet each other in the future?

Her manner of thinking was really cute though. Has she ever considered what kind of a normal friend would always be hanging around before someone they did not like? Not to mention the many times he had come to go out of his way to save her, he had repeatedly acted so intimately with her, intimate actions that would only be seen between lovers.

In just that short moment, so many thoughts had gone through her mind. Caught in that turmoil of emotions, her pearly white teeth unconsciously bit down onto the man's lips.

She had not bitten down very hard, but it seemed to ignite something in the man's brain. It was as if water had been poured into boiling hot oil, exploding suddenly, impossible to rein in.

Qing Yu was not even able to react when she was suddenly cradled up by the waist and lifted up off the ground by just one arm, before being tossed onto the soft bed.

The very next instant, the man's tall well built body immediately pressed her down, his fingers tangled up with hers, and his thin lips lingering lightly over her cheek before they closed over the young lady's already reddened and sore luscious looking lips.

The young lady's long soft black hair lay draped over the scarlet red blankets, an unimaginably beautiful sight.

The man's pale violet eyes had turned an intense purple from his raging emotions, as they stared intently at the woman lying beneath him.

The exquisitely beautiful face was tinged with a reddish flush from his kisses and was looking even more seductive and stirring with her phoenix like eyes slightly narrowed, becoming indescribably alluring.

Chapter 221.3: I Love You, So I Want to Eat You Up

She was never just a weak woman, in fact braver and stronger compared to many men out there, every bone in her body resolute and unwavering.

She might seem cold and unfeeling on the surface, like she did not care about anything, but was actually a sentimental person inside. One would probably feel that warmth in her caring heart once they were recognized to be within her personal circle by her.

It was not known what it was about her that attracted him, that bound him to her so much, where even when he was back in Cloud Heaven, he was still unable to stop worrying about her. He just could not help feeling that when she was not by his side, she would come to be bullied and get hurt, or to be incapable of caring for herself properly. It was only when she was by his side where he could physically see her, would his heart be at ease.

The young lady was seldom so submissive. Forcefully being held down right under his body like this, and she was still not resisting in the slightest. She was clearly and blatantly seducing him right at this moment.

The warm kisses had already moved from the young lady's sweet lips down onto her soft slender neck, her skin smooth and supple, where the slightest pressure he exerted would leave a faint red mark upon that fair delicate smoothness.

Lou Jun Yao's gaze darkened into a deeper shade, panting faintly as he lifted his head up from the young lady's neck. His voice was tinted with a slight hoarseness as he whispered: "Why aren't you resisting? Aren't you afraid that I will really eat you up?"

The clothes of the young lady on the bed was in disarray, her eyes slightly misted over, so pitifully adorable looking. Hearing the man's words, she did not respond directly but just remained in that alluring position, her voice soft as she said: "From the spot that you just kissed, I came to sense something."

That completely unexpected reply stunned Lou Jun Yao into a daze for a moment before he started to ask: "Sense what?"

"That you like me right!?"

[Asking that again?]

[It seemed like the same thing happened last time. After he kissed her, she had half-jokingly asked him whether he had fallen in love with her.]

[She's rather persistent isn't she?]

Lou Jun Yao curved up his lips in amusement. "Alright, tell me. So what if I do, and so what if I don't?"

Qing Yu responded with a harmless and disarming smile. "If you do not, your actions here is taking liberties with a young woman, and just toying with me. So in return for that, I will make sure you will be bedridden for the rest of your life, and to closely experience how a reverend lives."

Lou Jun Yao did not know how to respond to that for a moment, and the expression on his face was a little befuddled. "Reverend?"

"A reverend refers to a monk. You know the type that chants scriptures every single day, man of the frock with no worldly desires, living a life of abstinence away from women." Qing Yu's eyes curved up into crescents, explaining very patiently to the man.

Lou Jun Yao suddenly burst out laughing softly. How could he possibly not understand what the Little Fox's words meant.

Chapter 221.4: I Love You, So I Want to Eat You Up

With all that talk of a reverend and her character who never liked to be disadvantaged, if he were to really say he did not like her, she would surely do something vicious to his body that would completely destroy a man.

[Tsk tsk, how did he fall for such a vicious and merciless little one.]

After he stopped laughing, he then feigned ignorance as he asked with an eyebrow raised: "Then what if I do like you?"

The moment his voice fell, the young lady's smiling eyes glinted with a brilliant sparkle as she stretched her hand out curl around his neck, pulling his face close while her tiny mouth opened slightly to say alluringly: "Then I will tell you I like you too."

In an instant, the air grew heavy, and it was so quiet except for the faint sounds of the two of them breathing.

Lou Jun Yao's irises contracted immensely, a reaction caused by the overwhelming surge of emotions inside.

[Had he just imagined...... what he just heard?]

[What did the lass just say?]

[That she..... likes him too?]

Seeing no reaction forthcoming from the man after a while, Qing Yu could not help but crease up her brows, her voice slightly chill: "Could you..... really just be toying with me?"

[If that is really the case.....]

Seeing the aura around the young lady turning sinister and terrifying, Lou Jun Yao quickly snapped back to his senses, before he said in a soft voice: "Say that one more time."

"What?" Qing Yu snapped with a displeased look.

"What you just said. Say it again." Lou Jun Yao repeated, his violet eyes unblinking as he looked at her, that were now filled with slight anticipation.

Qing Yu scoffed. "Which words?"

"That you like me."

"When did I say that? I don't remember."

"....." The man's face suddenly looked a little sad.

For the young lady who had expressed her feelings to another person for the first time but had instead not gotten any response from the other party, her temper immediately rose. She just refused to say it again and was highly obstinate.

The man did not speak for a while and Qing Yu could not help but feel a little aggrieved. Why did she mindlessly say such words without thinking? In the end, her feelings were just one sided and it was so humiliating.

She became more frustrated the more she thought about it and Qing Yu went on to push the man still lying on top of her away, seeking to go outside for some fresh air to clear her head. However, her hands had just barely touched the man's body when they were grabbed and brought to his mouth, where the man bit her soft fingers rather ungently.

The man then admonished in a mirthful voice: "Why have I fallen for a little one like you here? You are usually quite intelligent and smart all this time but so clueless at the most critical moments!"

Qing Yu looked like a startled little bunny at that moment, her eyes wide and seeking to pull her hands away.

[Speak if you must! Must you bite people!?]

Chapter 222: Confessed True Feelings Emotions Stirred

The young lady's seductively long phoenix-like eyes glared with an angry expression on her face that however showed an indiscernible hint of aggrievement and frustration. The lips that had just been assaulted was still a little red and swollen, her eyes a little misty and wet, looking every inch an easy pushover.

Her smooth fair hands were held tightly in the man's grip and her dainty soft body held down on the bed. The collar of her clothes was in a state of disarray, opened slightly which revealed her beautifully defined collarbone. Looking down a little further, was an alluring and highly seductive rising curve of her skin.

She's really such a creature of mesmerizing allure.

Lou Jun Yao's eyes turned terrifyingly dark and ominous, like a ferocious beast would suddenly jump out from within those deep violet eyes, to swallow up the young lady in a single gulp.

The fervor in those eyes were so intense it made Qing Yu want to run away.

But her hands were unfortunately tightly held, and her body completely trapped under the man's body. Although he did not put his full weight down on the young lady, it was enough to make it impossible for her to move in the slightest, unable to fight him but forced to remain lying there on the bed.

Qing Yu knitted her brows and she struggled a couple more times with her hands. She was unable to break free so she went on to say calmly in a cold voice: "Let go of me."

"You're angry?" Lou Jun Yao curved up his lips and smiled. He then pressed his forehead gently against hers as he looked at her with tenderness in his eyes: "Look at me."

"I'm not looking." Upon saying that, Qing Yu clamped her eyelids shut, like she would rather see no evil.

Lou Jun Yao felt rather helpless. He had not thought that the little one could have such a temper before.

"Open your eyes and I will tell you who is the person I like."

The young lady's eyelashes fluttered slightly and her aura felt like it was a little depressed. She slowly opened her eyes and her mesmerizing eyes seemed to have lost the spirited vigor from earlier, her expression a little dull.

"Such a quick temper. Can't you just hear me out first?" Lou Jun Yao sighed with a faint smile as he looked at the young lady's exquisite little face. He then said in a slightly hoarse voice: "Look into my eyes. The person I like are in there."

Qing Yu was stunned into a daze for a moment. Her gaze actually unconsciously turned to look into the man's violet eyes that shone like purple gems.

In them, she saw her own slightly startled face.

[What does he really mean?]

"You still do not understand?" Lou Jun Yao suddenly lowered his head and bit the young lady's soft lips. Meeting her startled wide eyes, he laughed softly. "This little fox here always calls me shameless, but I do this only to you and no one else."

Qing Yu's fingers tightened slightly, unconsciously clenching them up into fists. She lowered her eyes demurely and came to bite on her lower lip. Her voice was barely audible as she asked: "Does you mean you like me?"

"What else could it be?"

Lou Jun Yao squeezed the young lady's soft fingers and suddenly cradled her by the waist, spinning their positions around.

Chapter 222.2: Confessed True Feelings Emotions Stirred

The positions of the two people had changed in an instant. He was lying on his back on the bed with her on top. She fell when the hands holding her waist suddenly released their grip, her body landing right upon the man's strong and muscular chest.

Right splat onto the bare uncovered chest.

The man's strong hard chest pressed against the young lady's softness, it brought about a sudden rapture that seeped right into his bones.

Qing Yu's face immediately flushed a deep red, her hands scrambling to push herself up quickly. But the man unexpectedly stretched his hand out to press her down, and she just laid there on his shoulder.

The man's powerful arms embraced her, not allowing her to struggle.

That intimate position made Qing Yu suddenly feel rather embarrassed, and she squirmed a little squeamishly. "Err, do you really have to do this? It's a little uncomfortable....."

Of course it would be uncomfortable. The body of a man is built differently from a woman's, hard and stiff muscles all over, completely different from the softness of a woman.

But fortunately, this man below her was not like those brawny figures with bulging muscles all over, or it would have felt even more uncomfortable.

But because she squirmed, the man's body seemed to stiffen in that instant, and the sound of breathing by her ear grew louder.

The hand placed around the young lady's waist suddenly slid lower down, before grabbing her hard. When he heard the startled and embarrassed cry from the lady, he said in a hoarse whisper: "Don't move around so much."

Qing Yu bit down on her lip, feeling rather indignant. [What is going on here?]

[After confessing their feelings, why does it feel like the man is not even trying to hide his thuggish nature anymore?]

[But, since they really liked each other, then this isn't really too much.]

Hence, they laid there quietly locked in each other's embrace, and it was quite a long while later that the man finally gave a deep sigh and said highly regretfully: "I really want to take you along with me so much."

Unfortunately, the time was not yet ripe. Making her go face everything up there would not benefit her in anyway.

Qing Yu raised her head up slightly to look at him and said: "It must be something very important to make you have to leave right now."

"Mm." Lou Jun Yao replied. "It's a little important."

"Then shouldn't you let go of me already?" Qing Yu said with a roll of her eyes.

[Is this fella able to differentiate between his priorities at all? When there's something important on hand to deal with, he still can find time to be intimate with her here.]

Against anything she could have expected, the man merely curved his lips up in a smile to said gently: "You're more important."

Qing Yu's face turned red involuntarily. "....."

[That's more than enough. Already bullied her for so long, and he is still continuing to tease her here.]

[But she has come to discover that the fella can really be quite enchanting when he was speaking seriously.]

Chapter 222.3: Confessed True Feelings Emotions Stirred

"And what manner of a matter is it?" Qing Yu asked casually.

Any impression she had of Cloud Heaven was only limited to the occasional mention of the place by Bai Zhi Yan and the others previously, a few scant words which did not reveal much. Hence, she knew very little and had never been curious about it as well.

But ever since she knew that the mother of her host body was linked to Cloud Heaven, she had developed a high interest towards this higher realm filled with all kinds of highly skilled pugilists throughout.

She was merely asking casually and did not really expect Lou Jun Yao to actually tell her anything much.

Against anything she expected, not only did he not hold back anything, he told her everything in great detail.

"There is a highly powerful divine realm in Cloud Heaven that's called the Mind Free Peak. Legend has it that it opens up only once every millennium but no one knows how much of it is true. But just recently, it was prophesied that the Mind Free Peak would open itself soon and several greats powers in Cloud Heaven are seeking to make their way there."

"Since ancient times, only pugilists who have ascended to the top of the Mind Free Peak would be recognized as the undisputed number one by the various powers in Cloud Heaven and that is why..... all of them have been strongly urging me to go back for the past few days."

When he said that, Lou Jun Yao sighed out in helplessness. "I have no other choice. Because of me, they were forced to swallow their aggrievement and hole themselves up for so many years. This is what I owe them and I need to answer to them."

"You're going to that Mind Free Peak?" Qing Yu blinked her eyes, hesitating a moment before she asked: "Will it be dangerous?"

Lou Jun Yao shook his head gently. "I do not know. But since it is a realm of divinity, then it could not possibly be easy to ascend up to, so the place would naturally pose some danger in one way or another."

Upon hearing him say that there was danger involved, Qing Yu could not help but furrowed her brows.

She remembered the man's unique body constitution, where he would become incredibly weakened once he was hurt. If he was not given treatment in time, he would slowly lose all his ability to resist, which was highly dangerous for him.

"Will you be bring Bai Zhi Yan with you?" [It would not be so bad if Bai Zhi Yan was with him. At least he would be able to treat the man's wounds on the spot.]

But the man shook his head. "Among the various powers in Cloud Heaven, each would only be able to send one person in. There is a limit to the number of people that can enter the Mind Free Peak."

"What a strange rule to have." Qing Yu could not help but be surprised.

"That rule has been there since far ancient times."

Thinking about that, Qing Yu got up slowly from the man's chest and her dainty fingers lightly brushed over the man's body. A strange and amazing sensation ran through his entire body and then slowly faded away.

Lou Jun Yao arched up an eyebrow. "This is....."

"Something that can save your life. It will not do you any harm."

Chapter 222.4: Confessed True Feelings Emotions Stirred

Lou Jun Yao held her hand in his, the expression on his face an indiscernible smile. "Why do I always seem to feel that there are so many secrets hidden in you?"

Qing Yu burst out in laughter. "You already know most of my secrets."

Including being a resurrected soul and that she was living a second life were things he already knew about. The key thing was that he was too smart and she would not be able to hide it from him for long anyway.

And since he brought up the topic about her having so many secrets, Qing Yu could not help raising an eyebrow and glancing at him. "You already know so much about me but I..... seem to know nothing about you at all."

She only knew that he possessed unfathomable high levels of cultivation and was someone of extraordinary identity in Cloud Heaven with many pugilists of remarkable skill appearing around him, all of that highly mysterious.

He had not said anything about himself, and she had never asked him about it before.

But if she had asked, he would have told her.

Sure enough, after she said that, the man then said slowly in explanation: "There are a total of five great powers in Cloud Heaven, the Dark Lands, the Divine Healers Sect, the Hunters' Guild, the Bright Moon Divine Temple and the Barbarian Tribe. Bai Zhi Yan is the Young Lord of the Divine Healers Sect and I....."

He paused for a moment as he turned to look at her and continued: "I am the Overlord of the Dark Lands."

The expression on Qing Yu's face turned a little surprised. Although she knew that he definitely held a rather extraordinary identity, she had never thought that he would be the Overlord holding reign over one of Cloud Heaven's greatest powers. Moreover..... the name "Dark Lands" did not sound like it was filled with any upright or moral kind of people and she was guessing that they were all just like this fella here, a bunch of unorthodox devils.

But the fact that Bai Zhi Yan was the Divine Healers Sect's Young Lord was something she knew all along.

Bai Zhi Yan had sought to probe where she had acquired her skills from several times before, trying to find out more about her, and he had announced his family background to her on his own accord back then.

But for such a high ranking member of the Divine Healers Sect to be seen hanging around Lou Jun Yao who did not look like any upstanding person but more like the devil's incarnate, the people from the Divine Healers Sect..... are not interfering at all?

Qing Yu contemplated on her thoughts. She had previously thought that the two men were..... Ahem.... That kind of relationship..... And she had even distanced herself from the two of them for a period.

Afterall, she had never seen those two grown men separated far away from each other for any extended periods.

But she just realized that the reason they were always seen together was for no other reason than the danger Lou Jun Yao would be in if he came to be wounded due to his body's unique constitution.

When that thought came to mind, Qing Yu then pulled out several more life saving elixirs and medicine from her personal dimensional space before pushing them all into the man's hands. "Keep all these well. They will be useful at critical moments. As Bai Zhi Yan will not be with you, you have to extra careful to not let yourself get hurt."

Chapter 223: Dare To Seduce People, I'll Make You Cry

Lou Jun Yao could do nothing but laugh, as he kept the things the young lady pushed into his hands carefully away.

"The trip to Cloud Heaven this time might take me away for a very long time and I will not be able to come back within this period." Lou Jun Yao knitted his brows. "You must take good care of yourself and not get injured again. Qing Tian Lin probably has too much on his plate now and he would not have the energy to find trouble with you for quite a while."

Upon hearing that, Qing Yu arched up an eyebrow and asked: "What did you do?"

"I merely gave him something to occupy himself with, so that he would not have the time to hatch any scheme against you." Lou Jun Yao narrowed his eyes and said in a haughty scoffing voice.

Qing Yu bit her lip and smiled at him. "Then does that mean I can go back to the Faint Mist Sect now?"

"Mm. The Faint Mist Sect is comparatively safe for now but accidents happen. Although the Lightning Blaze Unicorn is there, he is afterall not human and there would be some things that he would not know how to deal with adequately. Moreover, having a male creature following you around all the time is not something I can come to like."

Lou Jun Yao creased his brows together and contemplated deeply for a moment. "I'll get Lu Ji to go back with you to protect you closely instead."

"Lu Ji?" Qing Yu blinked her eyes. She seemed to have some recollection of that name. "Is it that pretty lady dressed in green clothes back at the Fragrance Court?"

She remembered that the lady had stepped up to stop the man who had come to find trouble with her, a rather righteous lady.

How could she have known that the lady had stood up for her because that lady had fallen for her?

Lou Jun Yao glanced at Qing Yu and said in a strange and indiscernible voice: "I'm putting her by your side only to have her protect you. As she is also a woman, she can be more thoughtful and conscientious than men in certain things but there is one important thing you must remember....."

His words spoken till there, he suddenly stopped.

Qing Yu arched up an eyebrow. "Hm?"

[Remember what?]

He suddenly held her dainty pointed chin in his hand, raising her head up to look straight into his face.

Thereafter, Lou Jun Yao leaned in close and his thin lips parted slightly to say softly. "Listen carefully here. You must never do to her like what you did to Lian Ji before, all that teasing and flirting."

This little fox had crossdressed herself for too long and her actions were sometimes a little too uninhibited and lacking in restraint, reckless and flirtatious like a man.

He had seen it himself once. She was able to make an old hand like Lian Ji who had been immersed in a place like Fragrance Court for so many years look so helpless with her teasing, which surprised him greatly at that time.

Hearing the man's words, Qing Yu could not help but laugh out loud. "But why?"

[Would he be jealous if she teases a woman?]

Lou Jun Yao looked at her with a serious expression and said: "Because she will fall in love with you."

Chapter 223.2: Dare To Seduce People, I'll Make You Cry

The fact that Lu Ji liked women was something that he had come to hear about before. But besides that slightly unusual preference, she was outstanding in all other areas, her skills among the top few among the twelve courtesans and was highly intelligent. That was the reason Lou Jun Yao was placing Lu Ji by the little lass' side.

He was naturally confident of Lu Ji's loyalty and her ability to do her duty.

But if the lass were to go flirt and seduce the woman, who knew whether anything unexpected could possibly happen?

"Fall in love with me?" Qing Yu burst out laughing and fell onto him. "Thank you for thinking so highly of me. This is a great testament to the charm I possess and I am honored."

It looked like she thought he was just joking.

Lou Jun Yao's face turned solemn and he held her shoulder to straighten her body that had doubled over in laughter. He then said in a highly serious tone, pausing in between each word. "I am not joking here. Lu Ji likes women. If you dare to really go flirt and tease her recklessly like you always do to the other women in here and make her develop feelings for you, you'll see how I am going to deal with you when I come back."

Qing Yu's face that was laughing dismissively suddenly stiffened up. "....."

[She likes women?]

[Why does it feel like she has just realized something strange.....]

[That day, when Lu Ji had stood up for her..... Didn't she do it out of a sense of righteousness but it was because she liked women and was just subconsciously defending her because she was a girl?]

[And it seemed like..... the way she looked at her had been rather thought provoking as well!]

Qing Yu's eyes immediately widened helplessly. "Is that really true?"

[Is it something she should be laughing about now?]

Lou Jun Yao murmured softly to her: "Heed my words. Don't go stir that hornet's nest for no reason."

"Alright alright. I know already." In order to stop Lou Jun Yao from nagging any further, Qing Yu quickly nodded her head without hesitation. "I'll be good. I will not stir up any trouble and will not let myself get hurt. I will also definitely not go flirt with or tease any men or women. Will this now set your mind at ease enough for you to leave already?"

[He said it was an important matter but the guy did not seem to be anxious at all. He has dawdled for so long and if he drags his feet any longer, the sun will set.]

Her clearly patronizing words however sounded very differently when they reached the man's ears.

The devilishly enchanting eyes narrowed dangerously and his voice was low and deep. "Are you chasing me away?"

"....."

Qing Yu felt so wrongfully accused, and she really did not know whether to laugh or to cry.

"I was merely afraid that you would be delayed in your personal matters. I would of course like you to be able to remain here to accompany me but..... you've got to look at the bigger picture."

The beautiful slender fingers that were tinged with the uniquely faint fragrant scent of herbs felt comfortingly cool as they slowly came to caress the man's cheek. As if they were imbued with an amazing power, they quelled the displeasure in the man's heart in an instant.

Chapter 223.3: Dare To Seduce People, I'll Make You Cry

In addition to that, the young lady's submissive look really almost killed him.

That gentle and pleasing voice spoke such moving words, unknowingly plucking at the strings in the man's heart.

The violet orbs stared fixedly at the young lady's face of flawless beauty, the fervor of his gaze seeming like it would incinerate her. Qing Yu was taken aback by the intensity of his gaze, and wondered if it was because he liked her doing this, which made her want to remove her hand instinctively.

It dawned upon her that the action she had grown so used to to appease Little Bei was being used upon this man before her, one who was highly revered and worshipped, a person used to standing high above everyone else, and such actions could possibly come to offend him.

But the instant she tried to move her hand away, her wrist was suddenly tightly held in the man's warm grip. His voice became deep as his gaze looked unblinkingly at her face. "Don't move. Just put your hand there as it's very comforting."

Qing Yu could not help smiling as she gave in to the man, thinking the way he was acting was a little like a small child, which felt so adorable.

"Jun Yao, have you fallen asleep inside? It's been almost two hours already! If we do not leave now, are we going to wait till tomorrow?!"

Outside the door, Bai Zhi Yan's voice rang out loudly to reach their ears.

If this was like the usual situation in the past, it would not matter when they left. But because the Mind Free Peak was about to appear soon as changes had been seen in Cloud Heaven, they need to enter the dimensional portal before the Si hour in the morning to reach Cloud Heaven in time. Otherwise, fluctuations in the direction of flow in the dimensional tunnel might bring them to another place.

With Cloud Heaven being so vast, who knew what kind of a remote and desolate they would end up in. But the most important point was that they would be delayed with their business at hand.

Lou Jun Yao said that he was just going to say goodbye but had been in the little lass' room for so long. Seeing that time was already almost up, Bai Zhi Yan could not help but to rush him from outside the door. [What is that fella up to in there?]

The heartwarming moment interrupted, Lou Jun Yao's face turned dark. Looks like Bai Zhi Yan would not be able to escape a good thrashing after he goes outside.

"Go on now. Be careful out there." Qing Yu's hand was still on his face, and just like what he always did, she pinched him a little.

Lou Jun Yao's eyes narrowed slightly and his hand holding the young lady's wrist tightened a little. He suddenly bent over and leaned his face in close to the young lady, asking in a questioning tone: "I am about to leave. Do you want to..... Kiss me goodbye?"

After having made his feelings clear, he no longer needed to hide his thoughts anymore. In the man's enchanting eyes, they were filled with his love for the person right before him.

Having a man whose flawless looks seemed to have been exceptionally loved and blessed by the Heavens staring so intently at her, his eyes expectant and hopeful, really just made one want to..... commit a crime.

Qing Yu did not speak but reached her hands out to pull him in close and pressed her soft lips against the man's thin ones, even biting them lightly. Her actions suddenly caused the man's body to freeze.

Chapter 223.4: Dare To Seduce People, I'll Make You Cry

But that was not all. He had not expected the young lady to be so bold and daring, as he felt a little playful fish slip right into his territory, swimmingly happily inside.

The man's body wasn't just frozen in shock at that moment, but almost transformed into a ravenous wolf under the young lady's audacious incitement, as he submissively allowed the young lady to shower him with love for a good while.

Qing Yu had always been direct and passionate with her feelings. Once her mind was set, she would not be coy and hesitant, so being intimate occasionally was something she liked as well and it would also improve their relationship.

But, someone's completely frozen state made it seem like he was shocked and overwhelmed by her actions.

After a while, Qing Yu finally ended that highly moving kiss and she looked smilingly at him to ask: "Satisfied?"

She had probably been too ferocious just now as the young lady's petite lips looked a little red and swollen. But that made her look even more captivating, driving someone almost out of his mind.

Lou Jun Yao breathed out heavily as roiling surge rose inside his eyes, almost able to drown a person looking into them. He buried his head into the fair and smooth skin exposed under the collar that had come loose and bite hard onto it. His voice turned hoarse and raspy as he said: "If I did not have to leave right now, I would definitely make this bold and daring little demoness cry."

"I'll be waiting for you to do that." The expression on Qing Yu's face did not look embarrassed in the slightest at that moment but she had said those words with a radiant beaming smile on her face.

Lou Jun Yao did not say anything in response as he stood up and just turned around to leave the room.

He was afraid that if he still did not leave now, it would become harder and harder for him to do it. [What a tormenting little one she is. Did she have to stir up such a scene just before he had to go, making him miss her so much now.]

[But.....]

His eyes narrowed as he raised his long fingers up to gently touch his lips. [Didn't that kiss from the little one seem too well practised?]

[Or did that mean that she had done it with other men before?]

[Regarding that, he would have to find out clearly once he returns.]

Lou Jun Yao's lips had always been thin and colorless. With them looking so alluringly red and luscious at that moment, any fool would be able to jolly well guess what had happened inside the room just now.

Bai Zhi Yan glanced at the man and said to the man: "What? You took advantage of the lass again? See that lascivious look on your face."

Hearing that, Lou Jun Yao looked at him with violet orbs that were calm without a single ripple in them and said expressionlessly: "She was the one who took advantage of me."

Chapter 224: Thank You For Being Able to Love Him So Much

"....." Bai Zhi Yan almost choked on his own saliva upon hearing that remark.

He barely just managed to recover from shock as he stared at the man with a complicated look in his eyes, his face filled with doubt. "That lass took advantage of you?"

It really didn't seem possible. The lass always seemed so cold and aloof, like she could not be bothered with him, so how could she possibly do something so out of character all of a sudden today?

Lou Jun Yao scoffed icily, but there was strangely a hint of pride in his eyes as he said: "Why not? She even said that she liked me just now."

Bai Zhi Yan could not help himself but feel a chill run through his body when he tried to imagine the scene the man described.

[Forget it. Don't want to argue with him on this topic any further. We'll know when we verify it with the lass the next time we come back.]

"That's right, didn't you mention that Aunt Lan's soul fragments have all been brought back to the Dark Lands? Why did I not see them?" Bai Zhi Yan suddenly remembered that and could not help but asked in puzzlement.

Lou Jun Yao's eyes flashed and he said nonchalantly. "They have naturally been returned to where they are supposed to go."

[Hmph. Speaking of that, he just could not help but be angry. Is that despicable man immediately provoking him the moment he wakes up? All his hard work from before has been usurped by that guy and taken to gain Aunt Lan's favor.]

[But he was not afraid of the guy's petty tricks anymore now. Afterall, he has the Little Fox on his side and compared to a father whom she had never met before, his relationship with her as her intimate lover would naturally mean she loves him more than that guy.]

[To make the Little Fox acknowledge him, the guy would surely need to put in quite a bit of effort and maybe at that time, the guy might even have to try to win his favor as well.]

Thinking about that, the corners of Lou Jun Yao's mouth curled up and a meaningful smile came to show on his face.

—- Cloud Heaven —-

Bright Moon Divine Temple

Within the rather dimly lit Soul Token Chamber, tens of thousands light specks glittered liked stars in the air, where some shone intensely bright and some were so dim they looked like they were about to be extinguished anytime.

The soul tablets in here were separated into two different colors, one type blue, and the other type red. Blue represented the male gender, while red represented female. The intensity of its light reflected the person's lifespan, where the dim and dark soul tablets meant that its owner would not live for very much longer.

The Bright Moon Divine Temple had control over the life and death of people in the world and that was why they were worshiped as deities, as they had the ability to control when someone would die.

Or, to extend a person's life.

Of course, all of that called for one to pay the corresponding price.

The Bright Moon Temple's Grand Head Priest Cang Jian was a handsome-looking man who did not look to have reached thirty years of age.

Chapter 224.2: Thank You For Being Able to Love Him So Much

Of course, based on the common lifespan of people in Cloud Heaven, Cang Jian would be at least three hundred years old. Afterall, for one to ascend to the position of Head Grand Priest, was not something that could be achieved in a single day and night.

At that moment, he was standing in the Soul Token Chamber with his hands behind his back, inspecting the state of each soul tablet. Suddenly, at the highest point among the dense cover of glittering stars, an extremely bright silver speck of light appeared. And not far away from that light speck, a highly unique golden red light had suddenly showed up as well.

The intensity of these two specks of light far eclipsed all the other lights shining out from the other soul tablets.

What surprised him even more was that these two bright specks were really ludicrous. Since ancient times, never had such a strange phenomenon appeared. These two glowing stars had appeared out of nowhere, without any soul tablets attached to them, as if their destiny was really just too powerful and strong, their greatness so unsupressable that they came to appear in the Soul Token Chamber all of a sudden on their own.

The shade on Cang Jian's face changed drastically and he was just about to go inform the Temple Lord when he suddenly heard the soft voice of a woman behind him, gentle and pleasing to the ear when it reached him. "They have appeared afterall. Looks like this is all..... predestined."

An inescapable destiny.

"Temple Lord, what did you just say?" Cang Jian turned himself around, seeming a little confused as he looked at the swirl of smoky pink silk dress on a flawlessly beautiful figure, a woman looking like a fairy descended from the Nine Heavens.

The woman was always mysteriously veiled behind that one layer of gauze, where many of the numerous temple disciples have never even seen the Temple Lord's real countenance, knowing only that their Temple Lord never liked to meet anyone, always keeping a distance from people behind a layer of gauze.

As the Head Grand Priest, Cang Jian was one of the Temple Lord's most trusted aides and he had naturally seen her in person before, even secretly hiding feelings towards her.

But that was a fact that he would naturally not dare to speak of at all. It must be known that although the Temple Lord was born a ravishing beauty, she hated people to lust for her looks, and had a strong hatred for men. If not for the fact that Cang Jian was useful to her, he would definitely not be allowed to remain with the divine temple.

Although it was not known why the Temple Lord hated men so intensely, Cang Jing was still very careful to keep his feelings hidden, never once daring to reveal even a hint of what he was thinking.

Qing Luo Yan lifted the ends of her mouth in a graceful arc, but did not answer his question. She merely looked up and stared at the blindingly brilliant silver light, and murmured softly to herself: "I'm waiting here for you to come back, to exact revenge upon me....."

— The Barbarian Tribe Main Encampment —–

"Mo Jing Yu, I dare you to say that one more time!"

In the northern part of the Barbarian Tribe's main camp, a deafening roar rang out inside the encampment's main tent.

Chapter 224.3: Thank You For Being Able to Love Him So Much

It was early in the morning here and some of them had just woken up not too long ago, while others were still lazing in bed, still asleep. Suddenly hearing that voice, they were shocked right out from sleep, unable to react as they froze in astoundment.

It was only after a heartbeat that they realized that that..... seemed to have been their Chieftain's voice!

What happened? Did he have black powder for breakfast to suddenly explode like this??

Wonder which unfortunate person could have offended him so much but though they were curious, no one dared to go ask about it. Their Chieftain's temper was really just too terrifying afterall and if they caught him at the wrong time, it was wondered what kind of torment they would face.

At that moment on the primary tent, besides the dark and gloomy faced Chieftain of the Barbarian Tribe, Yan Shu, there were two other persons in there.

The man was dressed in a white ivory brocade robe, his tall figure leaning back nonchalantly against the back of a chair at the side, his long and narrow beautiful phoenix like eyes deep set against an exquisitely handsome countenance, looking quite a bit prettier than many young ladies out there. He was every inch a devilishly dashing Young Master who could have very well walked out from a painting, devastatingly captivating.

And beside him, sat a red clothed woman. The woman's countenance was also one of rare beauty, a warm gentleness in her eyes, which never once took their gaze off the man.

These two people, were Mo Jing Yu and Qing Lan Fei in the flesh.

Faced with Yan Shu's fiery rage, it was as if Mo Jing Yu had not seen the man's rage contorted face as he said with a nonchalant laugh: "I'll say, my brother, We've not seen each other for so long and I've just barely managed to finally awaken. It could be said that I have just come back to life from the dead. Why do you not seem to have missed me in the slightest and is instead looking so unhappy here?"

"What damned reason is there to be happy about!" Yan Shu could not be bothered with maintaining his dignity as the Chieftain of the tribe at that moment and just burst out with expletives.

That face that was weathered by time seethed with fiery anger as he stared viciously at the man a moment before turning his rage filled eyes onto the red clothed woman beside the man. He then raised a finger to point at her and turned back to say to Mo Jing Yu, his fury making him pause between each word spat out through tightly clenched teeth. "Isn't it enough that you lay half dead for a whole hundred years all because this woman here? Now that you've finally awoken, you want to use the Barbarian Tribe's forbidden technique to help her find her fragmented soul? Have you lost your mind completely?"

Seeing Yan Shu staring at his beloved like he was going to eat her up, Mo Jing Yu immediately raised an eyebrow and wrapped the woman tightly in a protective embrace. He then said to Yan Shu in a displeased tone: "I really just don't understand how Fei Er has come to offend you. Why are you picking on her so much?"

"I'm picking on her!?" Yan Shu almost lost his mind as he burst out in delirious laughter. He then gritted his teeth tightly together and said: "I fear that in these one hundred years that you were in a coma, you have forgotten just who was the one who helped you keep the ever restless and tumultuous Barbarian Tribe in check, who was the one that helped you protect and care for your flesh body, seeking all ways to help you wake up once again. Despite all that, I have now been made out to be a cold and ruthless evildoer, who is bullheaded and unreasonable!"

Chapter 224.4: Thank You For Being Able to Love Him So Much

"Mo Jing Yu! You must remember this well! The Barbarian Tribe belongs to you and it was never my obligation to help you! But as I saw you to be someone as close as a brother is to me, I did not hesitate in the slightest to help you protect the things that belong to you! And now, just because of one woman, you are choosing to deny all that I have done for you for so many years without asking for anything in return!"

When the man spoke about that, Mo Jing Yu could do nothing but to remain silent.

That's right. All these years, if not for Yan Shu, the Barbarian Tribe might have been thrown into endless upheaval, to become a pan of scattered sand. He was the last person in the world who had any right to admonish Yan Shu.

But, he really did not want his closest friend who was as close to him as a brother to misunderstand the woman he loved so much, as he would only end up being caught in between the two of them.

The atmosphere had suddenly turned frighteningly oppressive.

Qing Lan Fei suddenly stretched her hand out to unclasp the hand tightly holding onto her waist as she looked into the man's surprised eyes. She then smiled reassuringly at him and went on to stand up from her chair.

Looking up towards the seat on the pedestal at Yan Shu sitting there stony faced, Qing Lan Fei suddenly smiled and then bent her body at the waist to bow deeply before him.

The woman's action caused Mo Jing Yu to stare as his eyes widened. "Fei Er, what are you trying to do?"

Although he knew he was greatly indebted to Yan Shu, and that he was in the wrong here, he could not possibly allow Fei Er to do something like this for his sake. They had been close as brothers for many years and the two men knew each other too well. Some things did not need to be spelt out too clearly between them and both of them would know it in their hearts.

So what was Fei Er trying to accomplish by doing that?

Yan Shu was also taken aback for a moment, like he had not expected that proud woman to be capable of such an action. But he quickly reverted back to his stony facade. Hmph, see what kind of a trick you are trying to pull.

Qing Lan Fei quickly straightened herself after that deep bow, the corners of her lips curved up with a gentle smile as she then said softly: "Thank you. For Jing Yu to have someone who truly and sincerely cares for him, he should be honoured."

Yan Shu replied in an indifferent voice that was neither hot or cold. "He is a brother to me, it is only right that I treat him good. I do not need you to tell me that."

Those words could be said to be rude and impolite, and Mo Jing Yu immediately felt his anger rise in him when he heard that. What right did he have to say that to Fei Er? He could never bear to say a single harsh word to Fei Er himself.

Qing Lan Fei held down Mo Jing Yu who was about to flare up and continued on to say: "I do not know why you hold such strong enmity towards me. But I would like to say that I am with Jing Yu only because the two of us are in love, and for no other reason. I only want us to be happy. I do not really care whether people around us would give us their blessings or acknowledgement, and I believe it is the same for Jing Yu as well."

She saw Yan Shu's face turn an uglier shade as expected and she went on to say softly: "But it is different in your case. You are someone Jing Yu sees to be as close as a brother to him and that means you're his kin. The one thing he wishes most from you is your acknowledgment of us here."

Chapter 225: Don't Be Too Happy Yet, You Might Stumble and Fall

"From my perspective, I really hope to gain your approval as well."

Qing Lan Fei's eyes were clear as she looked straight and unwavering at Yan Shu's dark and gloomy face. Her voice was soft, but she said with strong resolve: "If you are the person who cares for Jing Yu the most throughout this entire world, then I am the one who loves him the most. For two people who are willing to give up their lives for each other, when you asked me how could I still be alive....."

The woman's long eyelashes lowered, to cover the rush of emotions rising up in her eyes. "It is because he is still here. I cannot make myself leave him behind to live in loneliness by himself. So as long as I have not received irrefutable news that ascertains his death, I will not allow myself to die."

Despite the fact that her greatly weakened primary soul had been imprisoned in the Divine Temple for several hundred years, she had never given up on fighting to live.

Mo Jing Yu felt as if thousands and thousands of ants were biting painfully into his heart. He held Qing Lan Fei's hand tightly and said in a deep voice: "Don't say anything more Fei Er. You do not need to do anything to gain that fella's approval. I am the one whom you will be spending the rest of your life with and it is enough that you love me. As long as I know that, Fei Er is the best woman there is under the Heavens and the one who suits me the best. That is more than enough for me."

"Jing Yu....."

Qing Lan Fei saw the creased brows and the look of displeasure on the man's face. She could not help but curve up the ends of her lips. This guy is still the same as always, who just can't bear seeing her suffer the slightest aggrievement.

Even though she did not feel aggrieved in the slightest, but he still took it to heart.

Yan Shu watched the two of them defending each other to and fro, and he very nearly vomited out blood in rage. So the two of them were making him out to be a villain that was trying to break up their marriage!?

"Alright alright! This must have been accumulated bad luck for eight lifetimes that I came to meet the two of you. Both of you must have been born to be my ultimate bane!" Yan Shu drew in a deep breath, finally conceding. "The Barbarian Tribe rightfully belongs to you afterall, and I was merely helping you watch over them. Now that you've awoken, I should hand it back to you. I will go tell everyone the news in a while."

"No, don't do that." Mo Jing Yu quickly raised his hands up to say. "What's all this about yours and mine? Haven't you been doing a good job as the Chieftain all this time? You've done a much better job than I did before and it is clear that you are more suited to be the Chieftain. Moreover suddenly changing Chieftains at a time like this would surely cause jitters among the people, and that would surely cause some problems."

Yan Shu's eyes flared wide. "What do you mean? Are you going to just leave the Barbarian Tribe in my hands?"

"Why not?" Mo Jing Yu said in a tone that sounded like it was only natural.

"What about you then!?"

"I will naturally have to accompany Fei Er and help her gather back her lost soul fragments." Mo Jing Yu said as he gazed tenderly at the woman at his side.

Chapter 225.2: Don't Be Too Happy Yet, You Might Stumble and Fall

Although Yan Shu seething with anger, he knew it in his heart.

The reason Qing Lan Fei was suffering from deficiencies in her soul was because she had tried to save Mo Jing Yu. If she had not executed a forbidden technique in order to prolong Mo Jing Yu's life, the man would have already lost his life before Yan Shu could go bring his flesh body back in one piece.

So Yan Shu could not really criticize the man when Mo Jing Yu was now seeking to use the Barbarian Tribe's forbidden technique to try to save her, but he was going to have to suffer quite a bit for it.

Forget it. He was not going to bother himself with their business anymore. Since both of them did not seem to care, why should he be the one to stop them? Just let them be!

Once Yan Shu was able to straighten out his thoughts, he wasn't going to split hairs any longer but turned around and walked out from there. He did not even turn his head as he raised a hand to leave with a nonchalant: "All the best to you then!"

Qing Lan Fei watched the figure as it disappeared, her eyes flashing with a glint. "Is he angry with us?"

"Why would he?" Mo Jing Yu caressed her cheek with a laugh. "That fella has a sharp mouth but his heart is soft like tofu. His words might have sounded cold and heartless but he is actually worried about you in his heart."

"Huh?" Qing Lan Fei lifted her eyes to look quizzically at the man.

Mo Jing Yu stretched his hand out and smiled. "Look, he has even given me the key. All of the Barbarian Tribe's most important secrets are kept in this tent."

Qing Lan Fei turned her gaze to look down and saw a pale yellow jade badge that had suddenly appeared in Mo Jing Yu's hand. She did not know when Yan Shu could possibly have given him the key.

Qing Lan Fei was feeling rather moved as she gripped the man's large hand and said softly: "He is truly a good person."

"Who would say otherwise!?" Mo Jing Yu said with a sigh. "My life's been worth living having had a brother like him."

— White Fens Land —

Feng Family

"Second Young Master! People from the Evil Purgers Coalition are here again!" Upon hearing the servant's frantic voice coming in to report to him, the seething rage Qing Tian Lin was already trying to suppress in his chest almost exploded out unchecked.

His malevolent black eyes turned to gaze upon the trembling servant kneeling on the floor. "Didn't they just come to search the place a few days back? Why have they come back here again?"

Although Qing Tian Lin's puppet zombies had not been discovered, who could be certain that that bunch of people would not suddenly launch an attack on him? He had been dogged by so much trouble recently that he could not help but become overly suspicious.

"Those people said that since the news came out from within the Feng Family, then it could not possibly be completely baseless. So they want to search the place once more, in case there is anything they overlooked the last time, claiming that they will be held responsible if any panic breaks out because of this."

Chapter 225.3: Don't Be Too Happy Yet, You Might Stumble and Fall

"What a load of rubbish!"

Qing Tian Lin smashed his palm heavily down and the chair's armrest was crushed into dust under his hand. But what was more terrifying than the crushed splinters was the expression on the man's face.

The servant jumped in shock at Qing Tian Lin's sudden action and he quickly scrambled his way out from the house upon relaying the message.

The Second Young Master's temperament was getting harder and harder to fathom. His precious little life is more important so he would not come to make reports next time even if he was beaten to death.

The sinister aura Qing Tian Lin exuded almost engulfed him completely and right at that moment, a low cough sounded outside the door. A man's frail voice tinged with mirth then followed: "What has gotten you fired up into such a rage? Which blind fool would dare come provoke you like this?"

Qing Tian Lin was taken aback, surprised that he had actually allowed himself to lose his alertness from rage, which caused him to fail to notice that someone had gotten so close to him. But when he saw the person standing at the door, his eyes immediately turned more malevolent and his voice cold as he said: "Who let you out!?"

The person at the door was seated in a specially made wheelchair and was dressed in a sky blue brocade robe, gracefully refined and extraordinarily good-looking.

There was a sense of reckless indifference in between his brows that was simply out of this world and the unique air he carried around him was highly captivating. But his face was uncommonly pale and it was clear to see that that condition had stemmed from the man being plagued by long years of sickness and a weak constitution.

That person, was the Young Heir of the Feng Family who had not be seen for many years, who was said to have contracted an illness too horrible to show himself, Feng Tian Jin.

He had indeed contracted a foul disease, and it was true that he had a weak body constitution. But who still remembered what a spirited man who was filled with so much vigor he had been back then, a great young talent well known throughout the White Fens Lands.

Just over one night, he had almost lost everything.

And all of that, was due to the demonic devil who held the Feng Family under his control in his demonic claws.

Feng Tian Jin had known for a long time that this person was not the real Feng Tian Hen, but was actually a demon who seized and was living in that body.

No matter how a person changed, it was not possible for them to change so completely. No matter whether it was in terms of character or his style of doing things, he had changed completely. If he was to believe that the cowardly and snivelly Feng Tian Hen could possibly change into such an unfathomable entity overnight, he would have to be a complete idiot.

Staring into the man's terrifying malevolent eyes, Feng Tian Jin was seemingly unaffected. He was now left with only a wasted body right at death's door anyway and Feng Tian Hen would not dare to really kill him afterall.

Inside the Feng Family, the things he was in control of was still more than that of his greedy and foolish father.

"I came here just to see my adorable younger brother who seems to have attracted the attention of some pesky people. I thought that it was a most unfortunate thing to happen and merely came here to show some concern." Feng Tian Jin said with a disarming smile.

Chapter 225.4: Don't Be Too Happy Yet, You Might Stumble and Fall

But it was that smile that seemed to further agitate the man who was already almost exploding with rage. In an instant, the wraith like figure came to appear right before Feng Tian Jin and clutched him by the throat, lifting his entire body off the wheelchair.

His body suspended in mid air and his entire weight pulling him down from the chokehold upon his neck, Feng Tian Jin almost suffocated to death.

But he was the same kind of man with the enemy in front of him, maniacs who did not fear death. Placed in such a critical situation, he could still smile. He managed to squeeze out a smile upon that pale white face though it looked uglier than death.

"Flying into a rage out of humiliation? To be the Head of the Family Clan, one would have to shoulder much more than this. You'd better not lose your cool here. Being so easily irritable isn't the making of a leader you know....."

Feng Tian Jin's words stopped before he could finish, as the man's grip clutching his neck tightened further. He was then tossed out from the hand, with enough force to smash a high-grade black sandalwood chair when his body crashed into it.

Feng Tian Jin vomited out a mouthful of blood and coughed violently, a highly pitiful and wretched sight.

Qing Tian Lin could not really be bothered with the man and he just went on to say in a low voice: "I do not have the time to bother myself with you now. Wait till I come back. In the meantime, you can think of the ways you would like to die."

After saying that, he immediately strode his way out from there.

Waiting till the man has disappeared from sight, two armored men suddenly appeared from the shadows. They quickly went over to help Feng Tian Jin up from the ground, before they carefully put him back into his wheelchair.

"Young Master, why are you doing this?" One of the men then took out an elixir to feed Feng Tian Lin, his actions seemingly well-practiced. The expression on his face seemed rather worried as he looked at the sliver of blood at the corner of Feng Tian Jin's lips and his frighteningly pale face.

[Every time the Young Master goes to provoke that man, he would always end up getting injured. So why does he persist in doing that?]

Feng Tian Jin felt a lot better after taking the elixir and his lips curved up slightly as he shook his head. "If I do not do this, how would he possibly come to let his guard down against me!? And the angrier I see him become every time, it just tells me my pretense is succeeding. Wait till he has relaxed his guard against me completely, and thinks that I have lost all will to fight him, that I am just a brash-talking lunatic with nothing but a sharp tongue, that would be the beginning of his downfall."

He gazed far into the distance and seemed to be lost in thought. "He has had his way for too long already and now..... trouble has come knocking on his door hasn't it?"

On the other side of the mansion, Qing Tian Lin was quickly making his way towards the Feng Mansion great hall in the main building as several jittery servants followed behind him. All of them maintained a far distance away from the man as they exchanged glances with each other.

[Why does the look in Second Young Master's eyes look like he is going out there to kill someone?]

[That cannot be possible right? Those people are from the Evil Purgers Coalition, the greatest power there is in the White Fens Lands! No matter how strong the Second Young Master is, he couldn't possibly dare to clash with them would he!?]

Qing Tian Lin moved very quickly and he reached the place within the time it took for a cup of tea. But he had just gotten close and have not even stepped into the main hall when he suddenly heard a man's voice he was familiar with. The voice was cold and magnetic, melodious like jade beads upon a platter, but it caused Qing Tian Lin to clench his jaw tightly together, wishing for nothing more than to kill the man.

Chapter 226: The Esteemed Lord Coalition Vice Chief

"Seems like the Feng Family's hospitality needs to be improved. We've been waiting here for almost an hour and no one has shown up yet. They do not seem to think very much of our Evil Purgers Coalition at all!"

That was an infuriated man's voice as he struck his fist onto the table before him, causing the cups of tea on the table to rock and shake.

The strong and solid table actually opened up a crack right over its surface, looking greatly weakened and almost about to break apart, but was just able to maintain its original shape and not fall into pieces.

There were both men and women, numbering around ten or more people, some seated some standing inside the hall, all of them dressed in strange half black half white clothes. An emblem was worn right across their chests, a cross formed with the image of a sword and sabre. They were the Evil Purgers Coalition's two divine artifacts, the Hidden Star Sword and the Chasing Sun Sabre.

The group of people all carried an uncommon air about them but the most eye catching one among them was a man who was seated upright in his chair, calm and collected. His eyes were narrowed as he drank his tea, not revealing any trace of impatience in his expression.

What was more astounding about the man was his head of silver hair that flowed down like snow, striking a strong contrast against his deep maroon robes, making for a sight of indescribable beauty.

When the table almost collapsed under the strike from the man with an explosive temper, the things on the table rattled and groaned, shaking tremendously. Only the cup of tea before the silver haired man remained still and unmoving, where not even a ripple ran across the surface of the tea.

The man suddenly stretched out his hand with well defined fingers, to raise the cup of tea up to his lips for a slight taste. The fair skin of his hand stood out nicely against the green porcelain teacup, looking almost translucently smooth.

The calm and unfettered demeanor was the complete opposite of the violent and raging man, a clear and striking contrast.

"I say, my Lord Coalition Vice Chief, can you not be so calm about it? You are just making me look unrefined and boorish by doing this! Did we come all the way here just to have tea? Is the Feng Mansion's tea really that good??"

The person who spoke was the same man that punched his fist onto the table. Although he was rather quick-tempered and rash, he was not the brawny type with bulging muscles like a boor. He looked to be about twenty years of age with an attractive-looking countenance, especially those big round eyes of his. They became wide as saucers every time he grew angry that made him look rather adorable.

The man who had his head lowered as he sipped his tea then moved slightly, silver hair strands cascading down his side from his movement, to reveal the man's flawlessly perfect countenance in full view of everyone present.

His lowered gaze looked up slightly and his beast-like dark green eyes shone with a strange light within, looking so incredibly mesmerizing. His face was as beautiful as a painting and seemed to be encased with a layer of icy frost, expressionless and emotionless.

Chapter 226.2: The Esteemed Lord Coalition Vice Chief

Despite the fact that the aura he gave out was so distant and aloof, it still held a kind of charm that made people submit themselves to him.

Maybe very few people would know of him in the White Fens Land, but down in the Constellation Land, who did not know that his silver hair and green eyes were the unique symbols of the terrifying death dealing god, Qing Ye Li?

This man had always been mysterious and powerful. No matter where he went, he was never seen to be ordinary.

Towards the impatience and infuriation shown by the people around him, the man merely raised his head up slightly and said two words in a clear cold voice: "Good tea."

Upon hearing those two words, the already enraged man almost vomited out blood. He drew in a deep breath and took a good while before he was able to suppress the raging emotions inside. He then asked the man in a slow voice: "Since the Feng Family is clearly showing utter disregard to the Evil Purgers Coalition like this, shouldn't we take the first strike and destroyed this place?"

Hearing that, Qing Ye Li merely said in an unhurried tone. "The Four Great Families have always held each other in check, maintaining a balance. If this balance comes to be destroyed, it will not do the White Fens Land any good."

"But the Feng Family's appetite seems to have gotten bigger and bigger. If we do not stop them, the balance will not be maintained for any much longer. They might even become a threat to the position of our Evil Purgers Coalition in these lands."

"I know what to do." Qing Ye Li said indifferently.

The moment that Qing Tian Lin arrived, this was the statement that he heard.

That chillingly familiar voice, made him pause slightly before he took wide strides to go into the main hall.

Although there were so many people in the spacious main hall, he immediately spotted the cold and aloof man with silver hair and green eyes seated right in the middle.

Murderous rage immediately surged maniacally up inside in that instant.

"Qing Ye Li! You dare to set foot into my territory!? You're courting your own death!"

The hate filled voice came out from the gentle and handsome-looking man standing at the door and it looked like he suddenly realized something a moment later when he said: "So you are the one who told the Evil Purgers Coalition to come find trouble with me? I must say that that's jolly kind of you!"

This filthy animal here had been dead set against him right from the very beginning. If not for his pesky interference, Qing Qing would have been his to have long ago! It's all because of him, who upended his entire plan!!

Everyone from the Evil Purgers Coalition were suddenly stupefied. Why did this man suddenly appear and was immediately staring murderously at their Lord Coalition Vice Chief? What kind of nonsense was he even spouting out of his mouth!!?

Seeing Feng Tian Lin take a few big strides forward and was going to grab Qing Ye Li, a tall brawny figure of a man who was built like an iron tower suddenly moved to stand in front of him, blocking his way forward. His face was unfriendly as he asked: "Who do you think you are? Go get your Feng Family's Family Head's sorry behind out here to speak to us!"

Chapter 226.3: The Esteemed Lord Coalition Vice Chief

Not to mention how long they have been made to wait, a strange person had now suddenly just appeared out of the blue and was immediately seeking to lay hands on their Lord Coalition Vice Chief, absolutely unpardonable!

After the towering man spoke those words aloud, the several servants behind Qing Tian Lin could clearly feel that the temperature in the hall drop immensely, which was almost freezing them to death!

The murderous rage Qing Tian Lin exuded almost coalesced into physical form which terrified the servants into almost wetting themselves.

The servants could not help but tremble and shake. [Is the Second Young Master going to kill someone?]

[Although the Second Young Master is highly skilled, but these people are from the Evil Purgers Coalition! If he were to really kill someone in a rash fit of rage, the entire Feng Family would surely become the first target that is to be annihilated by the Evil Purgers Coalition!]

But fortunately, Qing Tian Lin still had an ounce of sensibility in him and did not let himself turn into a demon. After many rounds of tumultuous emotional changes in his heart, Qing Tian Lin finally showed an extremely calm smile on his face. "I fear our esteemed guests here have fallen for the vile words of nefarious liars and came to have some misunderstanding towards ur Feng Family. I forgot to introduce myself. I am the current Feng Family Head, Feng Tian Hen."

"You?" A fresh and pretty faced young woman suddenly asked with an eyebrow raised: "Isn't the Feng Family's Head Feng Xun? I don't think he is that old that he is unable to come out to greet his guests yet is he? Even if he is indisposed, at least the Feng Family's Young Heir Feng Tian Jin should come out on his behalf, so from which family did this self proclaimed Head pop out of?"

The moment her voice fell, the young woman eyed Qing Tian Lin suspiciously, her face cold and stern. "And, how can you be so impolite as to address our Lord Coalition Vice Chief by his name? What a foul attitude! I think that the Feng Family has existed in the White Fens Land for too long and have grown too wilfully arrogant. Has the Feng Family forgotten that the Evil Purgers Coalition is the mightiest power throughout the White Fens Land?"

Everyone in the Evil Purgers Coalition were all elite talents and they have held that high position for a long time, so it was natural that they carried themselves with a certain level of aura. Even from such a young woman, the aura she emitted was rather intense and oppressive.

But such a level of aura would not affect Qing Tian Lin much but the thing that surprised him was what the young woman's words revealed to him just now! [Coalition Vice Chief?! She called him their Coalition Vice Chief!!?]

[That's Qing Ye Li? How is that possible!?]

[How could he be the Evil Purgers Coalition's Vice Chief?!]

[He had clearly just seen him down in the lower realm just a few months ago when his Puppetry Technique had been sealed by Qing Qing's blood, so he had not fought Qing Ye Li back then. In the span of a few short months, not only had he come to the White Fens Land, he had even become the Evil Purgers Coalition's Vice Chief!?]

But very soon, he began to laugh softly and he said in a mocking tone: "Qing Ye Li, have you come to learn to employ such low and despicable methods as well? Didn't you used to despise such things the most before? When did you turn to become one of them as well? Why don't you share with us how you managed to cheat your way into gaining the Evil Purgers Coalition Chief's trust and how did you manage to snag the position of Vice Coalition Chief....."

Chapter 226.4: The Esteemed Lord Coalition Vice Chief

"What impudence!" Before he could finish, he was interrupted by a woman's cold and slightly raspy voice.

It was a woman standing with her arms crossed at a corner of the table, who had one half of her face veiled by long strands of her hair. The other half that was visible to everyone was seductive and enchanting, exuding a soul captivating charm.

The inky black eye that was exposed looked a little absorbing with its deep darkness. Seemingly a little out of place against that alluringly beautiful face, was that raspy voice that could be said to grate on one's ears to hear. "Our Lord Coalition Vice Chief and the Coalition Chief are close kin from the same bloodline and we will not allow anyone to question or criticize it."

[What?]

Qing Tian Lin was stunned, as his face revealed the flabbergasted shock he was feeling. [Qing Tian Lin is of the same blood as the Evil Purgers Coalition's Coalition Chief? How..... is that possible!?]

[He was clearly just a mangy wolf Qing Qing had picked up in the snow!]

[When he was first brought back, he did not even know how to communicate normally with humans and lived a nocturnal life like any pack of wolves, eating raw flesh and feeding on fresh blood.]

[It had taken Qing Qing a great deal of effort before she was able to help him kick off those beastly habits.]

[That's right. He had always been reckless and rash, doing things as he pleased and only listening to Qing Qing's words.]

[Qing Qing and him had their flesh bodies destroyed and their souls were transported into this world. But Qing Ye Li had been brought to this world in his entirety so..... How could he possibly be from the same bloodline as the Coalition Chief?]

[They had all passed through several dimensions across parallel universes to come to this faraway world.]

[Or could it be said that something so unbelievably coincidental can really happen in the universe?]

All kinds of complicated expressions flashed across the man's face and they were all seen by the pair of cold and emotionless green eyes.

He raised his hand up slightly in a signal to all the others to step back. His tall lean figure then slowly rose from the chair and took a few steps forward. Nodding his head slightly, he said: "We ask for the Feng Family Head to please cooperate with us. If it is found that the Feng Family has been maligned in the end, the Evil Purgers Coalition will definitely give the Feng Family a satisfactory response."

His words were highly fitting and appropriate, the tone very businesslike, and it seemed like he did not know the person standing before him.

Qing Yu Li then gave the others in the main hall a few words of instruction and the ten over members of the Evil Purgers Coalition made their way out after acknowledging their orders. Only the woman with one half of her face covered by her hair remained behind, merely walking a short distance further away as she went to keep watch at the door.

"Just what are you really trying to do?" Qing Tian Lin spat out those words slowly with a mirthless smile on his face.

Regardless of whether Qing Ye Li really shared the same bloodline as the Evil Purgers Coalition's Coalition Chief, how could Qing Tian Lin possibly not see Qing Ye Li was intentionally finding trouble with him?

Against his expectations, Qing Ye Li merely raised an eyebrow slightly upon hearing his question and came to ask him in an inquiring tone: "What does the Feng Family Head mean? Do we know each other?"

He sounded like he did not know him at all.

Chapter 227: I'm Not A Beast. I Want To Be..... Her Man

Qing Tian Lin was taken aback by that response before he started to laugh softly. "What? You're going to pretend to not know me? If the person standing before you now is Qing Qing, I wonder how sad she would be to see this!"

Those words were meant to be just a test, seeking to find any clue on the man's face that might tell him otherwise. But regretfully, he did not find anything, as there wasn't even a single change in the man's eyes.

"Is the Feng Family Head trying to win my favor by doing this?" Qing Ye Li's green eyes were dark, his voice indifferent and emotionless. "If the Feng Family is really secretly rearing evil creatures, the Evil Purgers Coalition would never show any favoritism so Family Head Feng might as well save your effort."

Upon saying that, he did not say anything more but turned his tall lean figure to go walking outside.

The utterly dismissive attitude shown to him caused Qing Tian Lin to be unable to help but clench his hands up tightly into fists. His gentle looking eyes became tainted with an irrepressible rage. [When did this lowly bastard wolf who has always looked up to him started to become a person who is able to look at him with contempt?]

"Qing Ye Li! Stay right there!" Qing Tian Lin said through gritted teeth and was about to go grab that tall figure.

The woman who had half her face covered by her hair and had been standing at the door suddenly moved to block Qing Tian Lin and said in a raspy voice: "Would the Feng Family Head please hold your step?"

"Move!" Qing Tian Lin said gravely with a darkened face.

The woman acted as if she had not heard him, remaining in place to block the man's way forward.

Qing Tian Lin had never been affronted like this before.

In his previous life, he was praised and worshipped wherever he went and who didn't show him absolute respect whenever they saw him? Even when he came here to this other world, after he displayed his incredible gifts and talents, no one had dared to offend him like this.

Never had he thought that the person he had despised the most all this time would now look down on him from an elevated position, which was something his own proud heart could not possibly accept.

His gentle looking long narrow eyes became stained with a deep scarlet glint inside. He slowly raised his eyes and his eyes that shone with that strange colored glint met the woman's single inky black eye that was exposed.

But when they gazes met, it caused Qing Tian Lin's eyes to widen.

He saw the woman's inky black iris had spread to turn her entire eye fully jet black, without a single trace of white in it. It was queer and absorbing to see and a gust of wind blew past. The hair covering the woman's face lifted slightly under the wind and her other eye that had been veiled by her hair was seen. It looked like the eye of a wild ferocious beast, bright with a malevolent and bloodthirsty glint.

At that moment that Qing Tian Lin was stunned into a daze, it was not known how far Qing Ye Li had gone, and not even a shadow of the man could be seen from there.

Chapter 227.2: I'm Not A Beast. I Want To Be..... Her Man

And the woman right before him who possessed those inhuman-looking eyes then said in a low voice. "I'll take my leave."

Qing Tian Lin still looked a little taken aback as he watched the woman's back, his mind falling deep into thought.

The woman was clearly not human at all and was more like a beast type of creature who had not evolved completely, but was clad in an unsuitable human flesh facade.

Why would such a strange creature remain at Qing Ye Li's side?

In a corner that nobody could see, a lean figure suddenly tensed up, before his entire body bowed over with one hand clutching at its throat. Green veins bulged and tensed up on the back of that hand, a rather frightful sight to see.

He looked like he had swallowed something disgusting as he coughed violently, like it would only stop if he coughed out his heart and lungs.

When the woman following close behind saw that and she walked over hurriedly as she held something in her hand, looking like she was going to feed it right into his mouth. But she had just gotten close to him when the man suddenly gripped his hand around her wrist, and flung her hand aside.

The item the woman had been holding in her hand then fell to the ground when her hand was flung to the side.

It was then seen to be a transparent tear drop shaped elixir pill, where a red thread like substance swirled within.

"My Lord....." The woman said as her lips moved slightly and her brows furrowed, seemingly hesitant to speak. After a long while, the woman sighed and then continued to say: "Why must you do this? Things will not possibly end well going against the Coalition Chief."

Qing Ye Li looked like he had been drenched in water, sweat pouring out from his body. The expression on his face looked incredibly frail and he seemed to be in great agony. His thin lips had turned to a grisly mess of blood and broken flesh and it was clear to see how great the torment he must be in.

"I..... will never..... touch that....." Qing Ye Li endured the agony wrecking at his body, his words stuttering out through his tightly clenched teeth.

His mind was filled only with thoughts of a lovely and smiley young lady, an image of perfection. He had decided long before, that it was his destiny, to silently watch and protect her.

If he were to go touch something like that, he fears..... that he would never be able to stand beside her anymore.

The woman's inky black eyes seemed to flash for an instant of grief before her raspy voice sounded out to say: "My Lord will not be able to last very much longer. People of the wolf tribe are born bloodthirsty and cold blooded. You have lost touch with your innate nature for too long a time, are you really going to allow yourself to devolve into a normal human being?"

"Innate nature? Ha."

Qing Ye Li suddenly broke out into a bout of scoffing laughter and those blood caked lips that he had bitten through from agonizing pain before split as blood flowed once again from them, a sight that was both sad and beautiful at the same time.

His voice was tinged with a slight hoarseness as he said slowly: "From the moment I was brought back by her, I had already become human. She was the one..... who gave me a reason to live. If I turn to no longer remain human now, then what reason would I have to..... go see her again?"

Chapter 227.3: I'm Not A Beast. I Want To Be..... Her Man

"If the Coalition Chief knows of the existence of the woman my Lord just mentioned, he would never be able to accept it at all."

"Hmph. He wouldn't dare." Qing Ye Li lowered his eyes, his averted gaze hiding the silently surging tempest within. "He knows very well the consequences when I become truly enraged."

The expression on the woman's changed, but she did not say anything, but just silently accompanied the man.

Qing Ye Li remained standing there, his body stiff and still, not moving in the slightest like a stone statue, his gaze staring into the distance and his thoughts drifted someplace far away.

At that moment, he was missing someone immensely. There were so many things he could not say to anyone else but only to her.

But he could not. For her own safety, he could only choose to silently shoulder all of it himself, even though he felt so desolate and lonely without her by his side, like he was just a soulless and unfeeling walking zombie.

——

"Kliang~"

Qing Yu had accidentally bumped into a table and a delicate and exquisite little bonsai pot had smashed onto the floor.

"Oh oh oh! You..... You..... You..... Little Junior! You are really just too much!! You've murdered my little flower the very instant you came back!!!"

Who could that highly dramatic and exaggerated cry of dismay have come from other than the effeminate man from the Faint Mist Sect's Deviant Department who was more girlishly beautiful than a real girl?

It was said that after Qing Yu went to properly sort out that arrogant and self important bunch from the Soul Cultivators Department who liked to pick on weak little ones, such incidents have all of a sudden miraculously never be seen again.

And after a whole bunch of people came to know that Qing Bei and Qing Yu were actually siblings, their attitude towards Qing Bei had taken a hundred and eighty degree turn as well. Not to mention how polite they have become, a good number of toadies would also deliver themselves up to the door to bootlick and try to curry favor with him.

Who didn't know by then that not only was Qing Yu a prodigious all element wielder, she was on extremely close terms with a good number of the inner circle's top five ranks. Whoever that comes to offend her must not want to remain in the Faint Mist Sect any longer.

Though Qing Yu herself was not aware that she had ever been on that good terms with those few people.

Feng Tian Hen had already come out from the Faint Mist Sect for several months now and Luo Lan Zhi had just remained there for just one month before he went gallivanting off into the world again, so the Deviant Department had now reverted back to having a whole bunch of wild monkeys with no one to control them, enjoying complete freedom to do as they pleased every single day.

Even the effeminate man who always cared so much about his looks had gained two catties from slacking back on his cultivation training.

But at that moment, Qing Yu did not bother herself with the effeminate man's angry stomping of feet and his outrageous wailing. She was instead staring at the pile of broken pottery and scattered soil, her brows creased together.

What was wrong with her?

Chapter 227.4: I'm Not A Beast. I Want To Be..... Her Man

For just an instant, her heart had suddenly felt rather depressed and the feeling had been rather agonizing.

And having always been a careful and alert person, she had actually slipped up and broke a bonsai plant.

Has something happened..... to someone she knows?

It shouldn't be Lou Jun Yao as he had just used the communicate crystal to speak to her yesterday, so it must be someone other than him.

If it wasn't him, then who was it that had made her feel it so intensely?

Qing Yu felt a headache coming on and she massaged her temples. But all of a sudden, she stopped and her phoenix like eyes seemed rather taken aback a moment. Why had she suddenly thought of Little Ye? Is is merely because she had not seen Little Ye for such a long time?

Was she just thinking too much into it?

She wondered if this could be linked to something that had happened up in one of the upper realms. Looks like she would have to quickly deal with things here and go up to the upper realm to find out for herself.

And she can no longer afford to wait till Lou Jun Yao comes back to accompany her into the forbidden grounds. She would have to go in to check the place out on her own.

— Cloud Heaven —

Dark Lands

The man seated high up leaned back lazily in his throne, dressed in a noble and luxurious purple robe, complementing the man's tall figure well to make him look even more exceptionally handsome. Purple really suited the mysterious and evil air exuded the most.

At that moment, the incredibly captivating countenance was tinged with a hint of languidness, a hand propping up his cheek as his half-narrowed violet eyes watched the frantic ramblings of the people below, their voices raised in discussion.

"Cang Jian was the one who prophesied that the Mind Freak Peak is about to appear. Although that old thing is not one of us, but he is known to be rather capable. Seems like it will really appear within this year!"

"Why are you getting so excited about for? Even if it really appears, the Overlord is the one going. None of us are even qualified to go!"

"The Overlord vanished without a trace for so many years, it makes one wonder if his cultivation has deteriorated in that time! Do you know how valiant and spirited the Overlord was back in the day? If the Overlord had not fallen prey to the devious trickery by those scheming scoundrels from the Hunters' Guild, the Dark Lands would have reigned over the entire Cloud Heaven! So what are those few people talking about....."

"Once the Overlord ascends the Mind Free Peak and succeeds in gaining its legacy, would the Dark Lands still have to fear that we'll not be able to hold reign over the entire Cloud Heaven then?"

"That's right, that's right. The Overlord is unparalleled!"

...... ......

Summarized in a nutshell, they were all enraptured in blind reverence and worship.

Xun Luo was standing just a short distance away from the throne as he looked at the man sitting unmoving there, not even blinking his eyes, and he could not help but suspect something.

Could his Lord have..... fallen asleep?

But just as he was about to go rouse the man softly, he saw the man suddenly smile, and his low and magnetic voice sounded out softly: "Quiet."

It was as if his voice was magic.

The raucous tumult that had rocked the hall like a raging blaze suddenly seemed as if it had been struck at its mute acupoint, to turn strangely quiet where not a single sound could be heard.

Xun Luo could not help but felt a corner of his mouth twitch.

That was his Lord alright, where a casually tossed out word was more effective than any thousands of words from himself.

Chapter 228: A Woman Has Her Eyes Set On Him?

Everyone had their sparkling wide eyed gaze filled with anticipation fixed upon the man on the throne, waiting for him to give them a rousing speech.

Unexpectedly, the man merely curved up the ends of his lips in an unreadable smile and said nonchalantly: "For a miracle that manifests only once every thousand years, if only I am to go see it myself, it might turn out to be so dull."

??

What does the Overlord mean by his words?

"I can see that everyone is so excited about this. Why not we hold a competition in the Dark Lands to determine the strongest among all of us. The strongest three will then accompany me to go enter into Mind Free Peak, to witness this realm of the gods together with me." Lou Jun Yao's lips were still curved up in an indifferent smile, but his nonchalant words immediately caused everyone down below to explode into a furor.

A competition that would be held in the Dark Lands, and the top three winners will be able to accompany the Overlord to go in to the Mind Free Peak!

How great an honor would that be?

Were their ears playing tricks on them?

But..... it seemed like there were only ten spots available into the Mind Free Peak and each of the five great powers in Cloud Heaven were allowed two. Would so many of them be able to get in at all?

That was the thought that went through many of their minds, and someone raised that question very soon.

"My Lord, the Dark Lands have only two spots. If we are to do as my Lord says, to have the top three winners follow you inside, we are going to need at least four spots to be allocated to us for it to work!"

The person had spoken everyone's mind and upon hearing that someone had raised that question aloud, they all turned their eyes to look inquiringly at the man seated high up on the raised pedestal.

Lou Jun Yao clicked the corner of his tongue as his violet eyes flashed with a dark glint. "So what if we are given only two spots? Those two spots given to the Hunters' Guild would be a waste anyway, so we'll just have to take the spots they hold when the time comes. All of you have better give your best performance to win the top three spots and your Lord here will bring you out to see the world."

Hya!

That's really the style of the Overlord of the Dark Lands! Pure utter arrogance and reckless wilfulness!

And it was that very contempt he showed to the rest of the entire world that made all of them willing to submit themselves to him.

Just as the debate was growing heated with fervor among the people down there, a black-garbed Dark Lands disciple suddenly walked in through the doors and said respectfully: "My Lord, there is someone outside seeking an audience."

Lou Jun Yao arched up an eyebrow and before he said anything, it was Xun Luo who asked curiously: "Who is it?"

Chapter 228.2: A Woman Has Her Eyes Set On Him?

"The person claims to be the Princess of the Siam Seas who nearly lost her life when she was persecuted by an unknown power several months ago, but was fortunately saved by my Lord's valiant intervention. After making a full recovery from her injuries, she has specially made a trip here to come thank my Lord for saving her life."

"Cough..... Cough cough. What did you say??" Xun Luo almost choked on his own saliva, staring with his eyes wide. "Are you sure that the valiant hero whom you said saved a person out of righteousness is talking about our Lord here?"

That would be such an earth-shatteringly rare occurrence like having the sun rise up from the west or seeing waters in the oceans flow in reverse, when the yin and yang of light and darkness have switched places!

Not to mention that the Dark Lord's reputation in Cloud Heaven never had a good word said about him, he was someone who could smile while taking a person's life without batting an eye. Meddling with other people's affairs out of a sense of righteousness was something that man would do only if he had lost his mind.

Xun Luo slowly turned his head around to glance up at the man who face was clearly showing a rather doubtful expression. Xun Luo then opened his mouth to ask: "My Lord, when did you ever come to be so valiant as to save a princess from the Siam Seas?"

Lou Jun Yao looked at him out of the corner of his eye. "Haven't we always have no lack of people who would come up with all kinds of reasons to try to establish closer relations with the Dark Lands?"

He gave a scoffing laugh and said with contempt in his voice: "But this person has really chosen the wrong excuse to use, which just shows that she does not even know my character at all. This Lord here only kills people, not save people."

Everyone there was in agreement. That was really the truth.

Seems like that so called princess from wherever those Siam Seas really were was really hiding some ulterior motive!

Xun Luo was just about to open his mouth to ask the disciple to go ask them to leave when the disciple suddenly took a step forward as he held an exquisite jade box and said with his head lowered: "This is what the princess asked your subordinate to present to my Lord. She said my Lord will understand once you see what is in the box."

Lou Jun Yao said in an indifferent tone. "Open it."

The disciple acknowledged the order given and he then undid the clasp on the outside of the box gently. Inside the box, was a strangely familiar-looking piece of purple cloth.

Anyone in the Dark Lands would know that their Dark Lord was greatly spoiled with riches and lived in the lap of luxury. No matter what it was, he only used the best and the clothes he wore on him was naturally the same.

And throughout the entire Cloud Heaven, only the clothes Lou Jun Yao wore was made from the thread from Heavenly Silkworms. The Dark Lands purposely reared a bunch of Heavenly Silkworms for the sole purpose of making Lou Jun Yao's clothes and among the silkworms, there were two extremely rare Purple Heavenly Silkworms. Because Lou Jun Yao liked purple clothes, they had kept them just for their Dark Lord.

And the piece of cloth in the jade box, could be seen to be made from the thread of those two Purple Heavenly Silkworms.

Chapter 228.3: A Woman Has Her Eyes Set On Him?

All of Lou Jun Yao's clothes had its own special mark and that was why everyone could immediately tell with just one look that the piece of cloth before their eyes was indeed one of their Lord's clothes.

And to think that a piece of their Lord's clothing had actually fallen into the hands of a princess from the Siam Seas!

In that instant, thoughts of uninhibited love and affections immediately rose up in everyone's minds. But upon seeing the violet eyes of the man on the throne narrow devilishly, and his aura starting to turn slightly sinister, all of them quickly banished those thoughts out from their minds.

Alright. With the Lord's unpredictable and highly temperamental character, the princess from the Siam Seas must have secretly employed some kind of trick to get her hands onto a piece of their Lord's clothes.

It was actually not too far off from what everyone had guessed. Even Lou Jun Yao himself did not know how and when a piece of his personal item could have come to fall in another person's hands. But as he wasn't exactly in a very good mood at that moment, the pair of violet eyes on his face shone with a dark deep glint, becoming even more unreadable than usual.

With that clear and obvious change in the aura his body emitted, how could every one there possibly not sense it? All of them then lit a candle in their hearts for a particular naive and ignorant princess.

Their Dark Lord's obsession with cleanliness was well known to all of them. Not to mention something so repulsive like having a stranger come to touch one of his personal items, he wouldn't even allow anyone to enter his room at all, a person who was highly particular about little details like this.

Heh heh, some of them really did not even dare to imagine the grisly end the little princess from the Siam Seas would come to meet.

Everyone was clearly eager to watch the upcoming great show but Xun Luo was not about to grant them their wish. He cleared his throat loudly and said to everyone: "Let's all disperse. Didn't the Lord just ask all of you to go prepare yourselves so as to win the top three positions in the upcoming competition? There is no time for any of you to stay here and be so nosy. Everyone go now."

Everyone was speechless. "....."

Xun Luo, aren't you just trying to drive all of us away from here so that you can watch the scandal unfold by yourself?

This was a scandal concerning their most revered and supreme Dark Lord, an occurrence that was to some extent as rare as the miraculous manifestation of the Mind Free Peak, an event not to be missed!

But their wish was doomed to be denied. Their position was lower than him, and they had no choice but to be driven away with sullen faces under Xun Luo's dark gaze.

In the vast audience hall, only the black robed disciple was left standing there, still awaiting instructions.

After a long while, the man finally opened his mouth to say: "Let her come in."

The black robed disciple acknowledged his orders and retreated outside.

After awhile, a young woman wearing a light blue long dress came walking slowly in. There wasn't an excessive amount of accessories on her, looking simple and elegant, but the air she carried around her as she came walking in felt unusually noble.

Chapter 228.4: A Woman Has Her Eyes Set On Him?

Till the young woman came close, it could then be seen that she looked adorably simple, the kind of girl that one would find hard to hate.

Her pair of sparkling clear untainted eyes seemed like they were able to look straight into a person's heart, her full and luscious lips pressed gently together a little nervously. Upon seeing the man seated languidly high up on the throne with a lazy expression on his face, she immediately looked like her soul had left her body, suddenly standing frozen in her spot and not moving at all.

After a moment passed, her eyes then lowered as she blushed, before she bowed in a ladylike manner. "My respects to the Dark Lord."

Lou Jun Yao glanced at her and said: "You know who I am?"

"That is only natural." The young woman said in a gentle voice.

A corner of Lou Jun Yao's mouth lifted slightly. "And you do not fear me."

The young woman's fingers clasped together within her sleeves twisted up in uneasiness before she said softly: "The Dark Lord seems to be rather different from..... what is said about you out there. My Father said that the Dark Lord is highly unapproachable and aloof, but I do not think that the Dark Lord is that cold and heartless, and actually has a kind heart inside."

The twitch that was tugging incessantly at a corner of Xun Luo's mouth was going to drive him absolutely mad.

From which world had this young woman come to form such a hallucination that couldn't have been more wrong!?

To think that she could actually say that his Lord was kind? People would surely laugh themselves to death!

Hearing the young woman's words, Lou Jun Yao did not show the slightest ripple of change in his expression, but just a darkening of his eyes as he said: "Not to mention the kind of misunderstanding that you have of me, the thing I would like to know is how you came to possess something that belongs to me."

"Has the Dark Lord forgotten all about it?" Upon hearing what Lou Jun Yao said, the young woman looked highly surprised. As though she suddenly remembered something, she then went on to explain: "The Dark Lord must be too busy handling thousands of tasks a day. Does the Dark Lord remember how you lent a hand and saved me by killing those evil people who attacked me one month ago?"

Xun Luo was shocked. Such a good deed did not sound like anything that his Lord would ever do.

Had he gotten too full from eating and had nothing better to do but to go save a damsel distress?

Seeing that there was no reaction from the man, the young woman continued to say: "I was severely wounded at that time and the Dark Lord saved me out of pity. But the Dark Lord seemed to have something urgent to attend to that day as you wanted to leave in a hurry. In a moment of panic, I came to accidentally tug off a piece of the Dark Lord's clothes. After being rescued, I asked around and came to know that the material on that piece of cloth was only worn by the Overlord of the Dark Lands."

After her lengthy explanation, the end of Lou Jun Yao's eyebrow twitched slightly, seeming to have recalled something.

But recalling that thought just made him want to hit someone.

He finally remembered.

It was just one month ago that he came to know that Qing Yu was attacked by the dark zombie, and was caught in a highly dangerous situation.

He had gone on to tear through the fabric of space and time from the Dark Lands when he departed from there. The dimensional tunnel had seemed to be set against him back at that time, where he came to be transported to the wrong place, ending up somewhere near the Siam Seas.

And the young woman before him was indeed being pursued by a bunch of people.

Only the Heavens knew that he had no intention of meddling with other people's affairs.

But the young woman had come running straight towards him and those people had thought that he was one of her companions, immediately attacking him. That was how he came to annihilate the whole lot of them.

It could be said that it was all because of this woman that he came to be delayed, or Qing Yu would not have suffered such grievous injuries, causing her to need two whole weeks of recuperation before she recovered.

But as to when the woman had come to rip a piece of his clothes off, he really did not have the slightest impression.

He never wore any piece of his clothes for all that long a period in the first place and that torn piece of clothing had probably been tossed out to Heavens knew where.

How laughable! She caused a delay in his affairs and still dared to come show herself before him, claiming that she sought to express her gratitude. What she sought would only be her own death!

Chapter 229: My Body, My Heart, My Soul, They All Belong to You

"Dark Lord....." The young woman started hesitatingly, seemingly a little embarrassed as her cheeks turned slightly red. "I would call it affinity. Several months ago, my Father sent you an invitation as my Mother got pregnant again and gave birth to a baby boy. My Father was so happy he hosted a banquet and invited all the leaders and people of high authority throughout Cloud Heaven. But the Dark Lord here did not come and it seems to me now that it was because affinity had deemed that time was not yet ripe back then, so we were unable to meet at that time."

Her shy and bashful gaze with the hints thrown out in her words could not be anymore obvious to see.

Xun Luo had immediately understood that the young woman was uninhibitedly confessing her feelings for his Lord!

That was really brave and bold I must say, respect!

But the expression on Lou Jun Yao's face grew more intimidating and dangerous looking. He then said slowly: "May I then ask, what could have brought the princess here today?"

The young woman's face flushed a deeper shade of scarlet and her voice was thin as a mosquito's. "I..... I am merely thinking to do everything within my ability to repay the Dark Lord for saving my life. Although the Dark Lord left in a hurry that day, I..... I had not dared to forget how the Dark Lord had come descending like a celestial god from the Heavens, to save me from imminent grave peril....."

Xun Luo almost died from his well suppressed mirth inside. This princess here is really just too interesting.

With that face his Lord possessed and the position he held, he would at least have eight thousand female admirers if not a full ten thousand. But Lou Jun Yao was really just too eccentric that discouraged any woman from taking the initiative to approach him.

There really was a bold woman who came to court her own death several years back. It was remembered that the woman had had the audacity to come up to try to seduce him, but she had merely touched his sleeve when he immediately threw out those clothes, and that audacious woman who touched him without permission was executed on the spot by Blood Incineration, a punishment meted out within the Dark Lands, dying a heinous death.

The woman who tried to seduce him was the eldest daughter of a large clan in Cloud Heaven and her status was rather extraordinary, but she was killed without even blinking, just because she touched his clothes.

Who would dare to pursue the matter? Of course no one dared. They still wanted to live.

Ever since then, of course there were women who were still crazily in love with that powerfully strong Dark Lord who was as good looking as a god, but no one dared to come try to make his acquaintance, keeping their feelings hidden in their hearts.

They would occasionally pass by the Dark Lands, seeking for a chance encounter with the man when he goes out, hoping to leave a lasting impression on him.

But unfortunately, the ever unrestrained demonic Lord of the Dark Lands who always does as he pleases would never remember any unimportant people, so no matter how hard they tried, he did not pay them the slightest notice.

No response was forthcoming from the man at all and the young woman could not help but feel uneasy in her heart. She bit her lower lip and said in a soft voice: "Great Dark Lord, I..... I know that you do not like people to touch you, and I will not break that taboo. But can I be allowed to remain here.... so that I can do everything within my meager power to repay you....."

Chapter 229.2: My Body, My Heart, My Soul, They All Belong to You

Lou Jun Yao narrowed his deeply darkened eyes. Though his face did not show any other emotion at that moment, he looked like he was on the verge of losing control, his impatience at its peak.

Knowing the saying that saving a person's life accumulated more good karma than building a seven storey pagoda, Xun Luo very kindly glanced over at the young woman before he opened his mouth to help her diffuse that awkward atmosphere.

Though, after his words were spoken, the air grew even more awkward.

"May I ask how the princess intends to repay my Lord here by remaining behind? Are you going to serve him tea and pour him wine as a close personal attendant or are you going to undo your robes to play a sweet and docile pillow mate, and become a member of the Dark Lands?"

Those words could not be anymore direct or straightforward, and it immediately caused the young woman's face to burn a bright brilliant red.

But her reaction had also confirmed that Xun Luo's words had indeed hit the nail right on the head, revealing the young lady's very thoughts. She wasn't just purely seeking to repay the debt of saving her life, what she wanted the most was to gain the affection of this man right before her eyes, and to further their relationship another step.

And Lou Jun Yao was a guy who hated nothing more than having such women come try all manner of ways to try to get close to him. He had lost his patience completely when he was hounded and harassed by all those women before and that was why he had that woman brutally executed to deter all the other women from coming close to him anymore.

Never had he thought that such a thing would happen once again after so many years.

If it was his wily little fox that was seeking to get close to him like this, he would naturally be over the moon. But for any other woman, he really didn't have the patience for it.

At that moment, Lou Jun Yao then said in an indifferent voice: "I have never needed a maid by my side to attend to me and I already have specific people tasked to serve me tea and pour me wine. A princess status is highly noble and you might not be up to such menial tasks. If you are seeking to be the person that shares my bed, I do not think your looks are adequate. So just forget about repaying any debt as my intention was not to save you. You were just lucky and was not destined to die just yet.

What a merciless attack that was. Those words struck the young woman and her red flushed face immediately turned pale, not to mention just how pitiful she was at that moment.

It might not be that bad if he had referred to something else. But he had actually assessed a woman's looks that women cared about the most about to be so low, which must have really hurtful.

The young woman actually wasn't that bad looking, pretty and adorable, a little frail looking, which could easily elicit a man's protective nature. But unfortunately, some people were just that insensitive and dense, unable to appreciate the beauty of a young woman like that.

In his eyes, he still found the wild and untamable ferocious little wily fox to be much more pleasing.

After clearly expressing his rejection, Lou Jun Yao went ahead to stand up from his throne, completely disregarding the pitifully tearful figure down below as he walked right past the young woman.

Chapter 229.3: My Body, My Heart, My Soul, They All Belong to You

Just before the tall figure was going to disappear out through the door, his voice that had become extraordinarily tender and melodious suddenly sounded out.

"Have you missed me hmm?"

"I am to guess? Mmm..... You must have missed me so much that you were not even able to sleep."

"Haha, is this the first day that you just discovered that I'm shameless? If I were by your side, I would have been even more shameless....."

The voice was slowly becoming too soft for them to hear clearly what was being said, but those words earlier had resounded in the audience hall, to reach the two other persons' ears.

The young woman's face went white, without the slightest trace of color. Who was he.... just speaking to?

And his voice had been so gentle.

Who in Cloud Heaven did not know that the Dark Lord never had a woman by his side before, to the extent that his preferences for companionship had become suspect

That cannot..... possibly be a woman right? She still stood a chance. That was how she reassured herself in her heart

Xun Luo's face was however showing a knowing look.

From being shocked and astounded initially, he had now become used to it. His Lord must be speaking to that little lass down in the lower realm. See how gentle and tender he is. He had heard from Bai Zhi Yan that the two of them were very close now and his Lord indulged and doted on her very much. It looked highly probable that she would very soon become the Lady of the Dark Lands.

It was said that she was really interesting and possessed unparalleled skills in Medicine. Looking at how his Lord was acting, she must have captured his Lord's heart nice and good.

Heh heh, how shockingly rare.

On the other side, Lou Jun Yao was walking towards his living chambers and the communication crystal ball in his hand was flashing with a gentle purplish glow. Reflected within that crystal orb, was the very little fox his heart had been missing so much just a few moments ago.

The moment that tiny exquisitely beautiful face appeared before his eyes, he immediately could not help but feel like wanting to grab that faraway young lady to come to his side, so that he could hold her in his arms and commit a good bout of bullying.

In those deep violet eyes, a fiery blaze burned, seemingly able to incinerate a person to ashes. Qing Yu pouted when she saw his face. "What is with that look in your eyes?"

"A look that wants to eat you up." The man replied honestly.

Qing Yu was speechless. "....."

Ever since their feelings were made clear to each other, this man was really such a passionate person!

"Are you all prepared to go to the Mind Free Peak already?" Qing Yu had not forgotten about the thing she wanted to ask him.

Lou Jun Yao raised an eyebrow. "It is prophesized that it will manifest within the year, but no one know exactly when it will be. So I am currently still here in the Dark Lands."

Qing Yu nodded. "When you leave to go there, remember to tell me about it."

"Hm?"

Chapter 229.4: My Body, My Heart, My Soul, They All Belong to You

"I'm a little worried, because I keep having this feeling that something bad is about to happen." Qing Yu said with her brows knitted together.

She intuition has always been accurate. Since she was having such bad feelings, that just means that something was about to happen.

Seeing the young lady's tightly furrowed brows, Lou Jun Yao could not help but laugh softly. "Stop imagining things. A scourge like me lasts a thousand years. Haven't you heard of that saying? The Heavens wouldn't dare to take me back so easily....."

His words have just been spoken when he immediately saw the young lady's face on the other end turning an uglier shade. He paused for a moment and with his low magnetic voice tinged with tenderness, he said: "Moreover, I have such an adorable little fox inside my heart now, how could I possibly bear to let anything happen to me?"

The instant his voice fell, Qing Yu's face flushed a bright red, her large alluring phoenix-like eyes flaring wide as she stared at him.

This fella.....

What was he saying!? Little fox in his heart!?

She was getting goosebumps just hearing him say that.

"You do not need to stare at me like that. No matter how wide your eyes get by staring at me, I am unable to kiss you now. So stop seducing me anymore." Lou Jun Yao said in a rather helpless voice.

Seduce your big fat head!

He really can twists his words around....

Qing Yu had not even started to retort scornfully when she saw the man suddenly sigh and say in a soft voice: "When would it be before you can come here to Cloud Heaven and be by my side!?"

His voice actually sounded rather regretful.

"What's wrong?" Qing Yu asked in concern.

Did something happen over on his side? He was looking rather..... exhausted and lonely, and she suddenly felt her heart start to ache.

Lou Jun Yao blinked his devilishly mesmerizing violet eyes. "You know? It was just right before our conversation, a strange woman came running out of the blue here to the Dark Lands, and offered herself in marriage to me."

The expression on Qing Yu's face stiffened, her brows tightening together. "What?"

"I do not remember how I came to save her life before and she just came running straight to me, wanting nothing but to marry me, acting all coquettish and sultry right before me. It was really just disgusting."

Lou Jun Yao was acting exactly like a child complaining to an adult after he got bullied.

It was thought that if the princess from the Siam Seas were to hear the vile impression she had left upon the Dark Lord, she would surely drown in her own tears.

After Qing Yu came to understand what he said, she really did not know whether to laugh or to cry. If that man had been standing right before her at that moment, she might not be able to resist violating that handsome face that was showing such an innocent look.

Although that was how she felt in her heart, she kept a serious expression on her face and asked: "How did you handle it then?"

"I said that she was too ugly and not worthy of me before I sent her away."

Qing Yu then said: "Did she then cry....."

Must this fella reject the girl so harshly and be so direct with his words? At least..... leave a girl a little bit of face.....

"What has it got to do with me whether she cried?" Lou Jun Yao scoffed disdainfully. "Besides you, I cannot be bothered with anyone else. I belong to you alone. When any other woman lusts after me, I will naturally have to nip any fantasies they have in their head right in the bud!"

Qing Yu could not help but laugh, her heart strangely filling up with joy. She then said teasingly: "Looks like you're rather enlightened, and have quite a honeyed tongue."

Surprisingly, the man on the other end then threw her a sly wink, before he said in a mushy voice: "I got that honey from your sweetness."

How murderously coquettish!

Chapter 230: Caught While Escaping, How Embarrassing

Not wanting the man who was so far away to worry about her, Qing Yu did not tell him about her intention to go into the forbidden grounds on her own.

Though Lou Jun Yao had said that he would accompany her there because it was not known what kind of untold dangers lay in there, but because of the Mind Free Peak, he was not able to pull himself away at that moment.

In addition to that, she could somewhat fuzzily remember a dream she had last night, and the dream had been about her entering the Faint Mist Sect's forbidden grounds.

But as to what exactly happened in that dream, she really couldn't recall anything, and that was why she felt a pressing need to go in there to have a look, to see what was it in there that was trying to lure her.

On that day, Qing Yu went back to the dormitory after her morning classes. A powerful spatial wormhole suddenly appeared in her room and she could not help but stared warily at the unexpected phenomenon before her with wide eyes.

But when that wormhole faded away, the person standing in front of her surprised her greatly. "Little Burrow? You..... Where did you come out from.....?"

Isn't that golden-haired youth in golden clothes that weapon spirit of hers who threw a tantrum and ran away from home a few months ago?

But why was he looking so wretched and badly battered?

That exquisite and beautiful-looking face was covered with black and white blotches, his hair in a complete mess. Even his clothes were all crumpled and twisted, making for a rather hilarious sight.

That weapon spirit of hers had always been vain and proud, paying a lot of attention to his looks and image. How did he turn to become like this after just a trip out there on his own?

"You got yourself into such a state because you got into a fight or were you not looking while walking and fell into a hole?" Qing Yu asked him with her brows knitted together.

She had thought that this fella would remain angry for at least half a year before he would come back!

The golden haired youth ignored his Mistress undisguised teasing but went on to look at her with a highly aggrieved face. "I have finally returned after enduring so much difficulties. Can't Mistress at least comfort me a little?"

"Oh?" Qing Yu blinked her eyes innocently at him. "What do you mean?"

How come she does not seem to understand what he was saying?"

"Where does the Mistress think I went off to during this period?" Zang Mai asked in a hurt tone.

Qing Yu immediately responded. "Didn't you leave home in a fit of anger?"

Zang Mai clenched his jaws tightly together. "I was indeed angry on that day. To think that the Mistress would rebuke me because of a man. But I had intended to return after just a short while at that time! How could I possibly really leave my Mistress!"

"And....."

"I was trapped by Qing Tian Lin who used his Puppetry Technique on me! His technique has improved to another level from before and he imprisoned me in a secret dimension, which I was unable to break out of."

That fella Qing Tian Lin again.....

Chapter 230.2: Caught While Escaping, How Embarrassing

Thinking back to the plot Qing Tian Lin had hatched up in the Fleeting Cloud Fortress, if Little Burrow had been by her side, it would have caused that guy quite a bit of trouble.

Seeing that he was able to be keep Little Burrow trapped, it would seem like that guy's cultivation had increased by quite a bit.

Watching the youth who looked like he was about to explode from anger, Qing Yu narrowed her eyes smilingly and stretched a hand out to ruffle his head affectionately. "Alright now, don't be angry anymore will you. The next time your Mistress sees him, I will definitely teach him a good lesson."

"Yah! You must not show him any mercy!" Zang Mai said sternly, seemingly afraid that she would not bear to strike the guy due to their sibling relationship in the past.

But Qing Yu had now really let go of that part of her past.

With all the things that Qing Tian Lin had done, there was no longer any reason for her to be soft hearted towards that guy anymore.

The next time they meet, it would be as mortal enemies where only one could live.

"Oh right. I will be making a trip into the Faint Mist Sect's forbidden grounds today. Since you've come back, why not accompany me inside?" Qing Yu remembered that she still had important tasks to attend to, and came to open her mouth to ask.

"Mm. Of course I will. But..... I think I need to go tidy myself up a little first." The youth said as he looked himself over with a critical eye.

Qing Yu could not hold back from laughing out loud. "I'll give you half an hour to go get yourself sorted out."

After fiddling around here and there for awhile and Zang Mai had rid himself of the sloppy mess, he was just about to call out to Qing Yu to say he was ready when he saw the young lady seated beside the table with her chin propped up in a palm, seemingly deep in thought.

He could not help but be puzzled. "Mistress, what's wrong?"

Qing Yu threw a glance outside and her eyes flashed with a glint. "Do not leave through the front door."

"Why?"

"We're not going out to do something just and above board here and it would not be good for anyone to see us." Qing Yu explained.

The youth did not suspect anything but merely nodded and said: "Then let's just use a dimensional portal to transport us to the forbidden grounds then!"

The real reason Qing Yu did not want to use the front door was actually because Lu Ji had been keeping watch from a distance and she would be discovered if she went out from there. Lou Jun Yao had ordered Lu Ji to follow Qing Yu's every single step and she must not allow anything untoward to happen to Qing Yu even it would kill her.

So it could easily be imagined how diligent Lu Ji was in her duty under the strict orders Luo Jun Yao gave her in addition to the somewhat hazy feelings she held towards Qing Yu, where she literally kept herself just a mere five-step distance away from the young lady.

Lou Jun Yao had said that the Faint Mist Sect's forbidden grounds seemed to feel a little ominously evil, and would naturally be worried about letting her go in there alone. Hence he had ordered Lu Ji to keep a close watch on the young lady, to not let her sneak her way into that place on her own.

Chapter 230.3: Caught While Escaping, How Embarrassing

On the other side, it had already been about an incense stick's time since Lu Ji saw Qing Yu go into her room, and it looked like she would not be coming out anytime soon.

Lu Ji could not help but feel a little doubtful. Didn't she say that she forgot something and came back to get it? Could she have fallen asleep in there??

She then called out softly: "Miss Qing, have you found what you're looking for? Do you need Lu Ji here to help you?"

After her voice faded away, she did not receive any response.

The expression on Lu Ji's face involuntarily changed and she quickly pushed the door open. As expected, the room was empty, without a single sign of anyone inside.

"Damn it!" Lu Ji could not help but curse.

She had been too careless. The Overlord had said that the lass Qing Yu had a nimble mind that was full of endless ideas and the lass could easily slip away right under her nose. He had even reminded her to keep a tighter watch on the lass but she had not really believed him. After all, she had found the young lady to be gentle looking and highly adorable.

But the lass turned out to be a wily little fox who was highly skilled at pretending!

But it's alright. Her tracking skills in pursuing her targets was deemed to be the best among the Twelve Courtesans and she had known that Qing Yu would not be so docile as to remain in one place, so she had already set something up on the lass.

So if she were to go in pursuit now, it still wasn't too late.

——

On this side, Qing Yu and Zang Mai had already come to the Faint Mist Sect's forbidden grounds.

This was her second in this place and saw that the people guarding the forbidden grounds were still the same three strange people.

The aged old man held a wine gourd in his arms as he leaned back against the entrance into the forbidden grounds, snoring thunderously as he slept. The baby faced young one was plopped down upon a big rock, seemingly picking at something she could not see in boredom.

Only the frosty faced young man who exuded an intimidating aura looked rather normal, standing dutifully before the entrance, his tall figure not moving in the slightest, like a majestic mountain.

Upon seeing that someone was approaching, the man with the frosty aura immediately swung his piercing gaze around. Upon seeing the two people, his always expressionless face actually showed a hint of surprise.

He was probably surprised to see that there wasn't a single scratch on the person that came out from these forbidden grounds previously, and had actually come here once again.

Some unknown insect must have crawled into the nose of the soundly sleeping old man when he suddenly jumped up and gave a huge thunderous sneeze, causing the bored baby-faced youth who was toying with ants at the side to jump up in shock.

The old man rubbed his nose vigorously, cursing and swearing in an angry mumbling voice for a while before he saw the familiar-looking face of the young lady. His eyes immediately lit up and he cried out in delighted surprise: "Little one, this old man knew that you are highly blessed. You are actually still alive!"

Chapter 230.4: Caught While Escaping, How Embarrassing

Upon hearing those words, the baby faced youth immediately stopped playing with ants and leapt down from the rock, to appear right before Qing Yu in the next instant. He scrutinized Qing Yu from head to toe before clicking his tongue and said: "Tsk tsk, really highly blessed! Even the three of us would not dare to trespass in there carelessly and you had actually come back out from there safe and sound and in one piece. You're really not any ordinary person. Tell me something, did you..... not encounter any danger in there?"

The baby faced was thinking that no one had ever come out from these forbidden grounds alive before. For the young lady to have come out from there alive and well, she must have been really lucky and have avoided all the danger.

Unexpectedly, Qing Yu arched up an eyebrow. "I encountered a thousand-year-old dark zombie. Is that considered dangerous?"

She had very nearly lost her life in there, and she was still rather angry thinking about it.

Once her words came out, he strange trio immediately gasped loudly in utter disbelief.

A thousand-year dark zombie!?

To think that there would be such a terrifying creature in these forbidden grounds! That was a foe that could only mean certain death!!

This young lady must have accumulated good karma for her past few lifetimes to still be alive now.

At that moment, the gazes of the few people looking at her became different. The old man subconsciously gulped loudly. "So why have you come here again for? Are you thinking of going in there again? The last time you went in there to save someone. What about this time?"

Qing Yu smiled disarmingly at him and replied: "Don't worry. I did not come here to create trouble. I have something very important to do and I really have to go in there. Seeing that we're already such old acquaintances, please let me through. Just pretend that you have not seen me and nobody would know anyway."

The trio were stunned speechless. "......"

Who here is an old acquaintance of yours anyway?

They have not even met each other three times yet and they are now considered as "old acquaintances" ?? Ptui! They wouldn't be considered passing acquaintances even if they've met three times!

You want to gain entry without having to suffer for it? No chance!

Seeing the look on their faces, Qing Yu immediately knew that her words had not worked. The smile on the lips then deepened as she said: "Guys, I really have something very important to do in there. I implore that you do not do anything to stop me as I do not want to raise my hand against my elders."

The old man was delighted when he heard that. "You're thinking of fighting us? A young little baby doll like you is really being rather feisty aren't you? With your thin arms and skinny legs, you might not even be able to last three strokes from this old man here and you're actually..... Hmm? What is this smell??"

It was not known from when a faint fragrance came wafting in through the air, the scent seeping deep into a person, relaxing one's entire body, but also made one really feel like enjoying a deep relaxing sleep.

The three people immediately realized what that scent was all about.

The old man was the first one to succumb as he fell to the ground. Already a little tipsy from drinking his wine, he was suddenly feeling so sleepy he could not keep his eyes open anymore. As he fell towards the ground, his mouth still spat out these few words: "Little one, you cheated....."

And a dull thud sounded.

Right after that, the face of the baby faced youth and the young man looked absolutely furious, like they wanted to eat Qing Yu up as they stared at her, before they both fell to the ground asleep.

Qing Yu was not so dumb as to clash with them head on. Not to mention the time that would have been wasted, the fact that these three people were assigned to guard these forbidden grounds meant that they were not any ordinary persons, and would definitely be of an maniacal level. So she had chosen to use her wits instead.

Just as she was waving Zang Mai inside, the toneless voice of a woman sounded behind her. "Miss Qing."

A chill ran through Qing Yu.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.4K 165 11
Adult content 🔞⚠️ , smut...😍 read ur own rick ❌‼️
46.4K 4.7K 97
A story following a young hunter named Jay. He has grown up in a world where dungeons, monsters, and humans with leveling systems are a cultural norm...
56.1K 4.3K 54
In their previous life, taehyung had been overweight. His face was covered in acne. Yet jungkook still forcefully ate him up. Exactly how much did h...
17.5K 32 10
baca ajaa, terserah. ga suka ga usah dibacaa Tapi jangan lupa vote. Boleh request mau yg gimna, komen ajaaaa Siapa tau ada yang pengin request bisa c...