Chaconne

Von strawberheecake

Book (1/2) of the Fate Bound series. There goes a tale of the seven vampire princes that live in the forbidde... Mehr

Chapter 1 : The Pull
Chapter 2 : The Lost Princess
Chapter 4 : A Bite of Eternity
Chapter 5 : Half-Blooded Monster
Chapter 6 : The Flower Prince
Chapter 7 : Infinite Moments of Beauty
Chapter 8 : The Bloody Reunion
Chapter 9 : The Dance of (Eternal) Death
Book 2: Sacrifice

Chapter 3 : Unspoken Curse

1.2K 65 28
Von strawberheecake

The room is large and covered from floor to ceiling with dark walnut wood. The walls and ceilings are intricately decorated with square wood paneling throughout, and small gold finishings are delicately placed in the center of each square on the ceiling. In the corner of the room perpendicular to the door, there is a large fireplace with lavish wooden carvings crawling up and across its mantle. Yet, despite the room's spacious area, it's extremely dim. The only sources of light being that of the single window in the back of the room, shaped as a grand archway, and a few seldom candles flickering atop the fireplace mantle.

"Take my hand, Princess," Sunoo offers as he brings you to the center of the room. Your other hand, which is still clasped in Riki's grasp, slips out of his hold when the young prince remains at the edge of the room. When you glance back at him, you're met with his dark calculating gaze once again. His eyes watch your every step, still judging; determining if you truly are the lost princess.

"I don't know how to dance," you admit bashfully, turning your attention back to Sunoo when he grabs hold of your other hand, placing both your arms around the back of his neck before slipping his hands down to hold your waist. His feathery touch leaves goosebumps in its trail and an electric feeling travels down the expanse of your body when he gazes at you with a nearly sultry look.

When he leans in close, you finally notice the intoxicating scent of the handsome prince. It's a familiar floral scent that you were met with outside the castle mixed with something else you can't quite decipher. "Your body will remember, Princess. Just follow my lead."

A shudder rips through your body when he reaches a hand up to unclasp the outermost layer that has been keeping you warm. The thickly lined cloak falls to the floor with a soft thud, leaving you in just your dress. Despite your modest clothing, you still feel oddly exposed as the handsome prince stares down at you and you wish to say something to alleviate the building tension.

"Even in your new body, you still look beautiful as ever, Princess," Sunoo whispers before finally taking a step back and guiding you to a dance. Your feet follow him uncertainly, but you don't dare to break his eye contact.

"What if I'm not who you expect me to be," you ask unsurely. Perhaps it's because of his naturally warmer nature compared to that of the younger prince still observing you from the edge of the room, or perhaps it's because of the utmost attention he's given you since the moment you arrived. But if you're certain of one thing, it's that you've only just met Sunoo but already dread the thought of never seeing him again.

"Don't say such foolish things, petal," he soothes, his new nickname for you causing the tips of your ears to flush a soft pink. His arms extend to bring you out for a spin, which you execute well to your own surprise. Though the dance felt awkward at first, you now feel as if the steps are coming naturally to you under Sunoo's gentle guidance. "It might have been a while since we last met, but I'd recognize you anywhere."

In this moment, as you're dancing around the room with the handsome prince to the harpsichord melody still playing softly in the background, there's an energy emanating from the man standing across from you that brings warmth to your chest. Suddenly, the room is no longer poorly lit because Sunoo is shining brighter than the sun itself.

"Her footwork is slow and messy. The princess used to outdance all of us." Riki breaks your trance. He pushes himself off the wall where he was previously leaning and takes long strides to meet you and Sunoo in the middle of the room. Almost automatically, the shorter prince lets go of your waist which sets aflame a mild panic deep within you. When he senses your change in emotion, Sunoo leans forward and places a chaste kiss on your cheek.

"Don't fret. Dance with him just like you did with me, petal," he murmurs.

Unlike Sunoo's touch, Riki's hands feel heavier around your waist. His grip on you is tighter in a silent message to denote that he is undoubtedly in charge. There's a slight stretch in your back when you reach up higher to place your arms around him to accommodate his taller stature, and it only takes a couple of beats for you to catch onto the difference in styles between the two princes.

Riki, while never falling ahead of the beat, keeps his movements sharp and articulated. There's a sense of urgency in his dance when you notice his more complex footwork which leaves you struggling to keep up. Your gaze is constantly cast downward, trying to follow him to the best of your ability, but your efforts don't seem to appease the prince.

"Stop looking down," he sighs, bringing one hand to tilt your chin up so you're looking him straight in the eyes. "Just keep your eyes on me. The more you worry about your steps, the sloppier they become."

And just as you're told, you keep your gaze locked on the youngest prince. His eyes are dark; the shadows swimming behind his irises are so alluring as if they're trying to pull you into him to tell you something. The longer you stare, the more you get drawn into Riki. The only thing you can focus on is the young prince in front of you; so much so that you fail to notice the room rapidly darkening around you. The two of you are traveling about the dance floor effortlessly as if you have been dancing together all your life.

"There you are, Princess," Riki finally smiles and the shadows around you dissipate. He leans down and touches his forehead gently against yours. For the first time since you met him, a feeling of lightness blossoms in your chest in the presence of the young prince. "It's been so long since we've danced together like that."

"I thought I heard the sound of dancing." A new voice startles you away from Riki, but the young prince keeps a steady hand on the back of your waist, keeping you close to him. He shifts his stance to stand slightly in front of you, shielding you from the newcomer.

"What do you want, Jake?" Riki asks, his voice is terse.

"I mean no harm, Riki-ah," Jake responds calmly, raising both hands to show his truth. "I'm just curious to see if she's the one."

You take a deep breath in before finding the courage to peek around the youngest prince. When your eyes catch those of yet another handsome prince standing at the entryway of the room, his eyes light up in delight. Jake is around the same height as Sunoo, but his features are a mixture of Sunoo's and Riki's - pointed and sharp in certain places but also rounded and soft in others. His eyes are round and hold a soft warm gaze while his nose is tall with a rounded tip. Your eyes can't help but linger on his soft plump lips that stretch into a wide grin when he catches you staring at him. He sends you a quick wink that causes a new blaze of pink to flush on your cheeks and the tips of your ears.

"So we meet again, Princess," Jake greets with a small bow.

"I don't suppose you've come to dance with me as a test as well?" you question, finally stepping out from behind Riki.

"No," he shakes his head candidly, an easy smile curling at the corners of his lips. "I don't need a dance to recognize you."

"Then why are you here?" Sunoo asks which causes you to quirk an eyebrow. There was never really any heat packed into Sunoo's or Riki's tones when they spoke to Jake. But you can tell they are still weary of the newcomer which rings a few bells of concern in your head. Why are the princes themselves concerned about the others finding out about you?

"I figured since the Princess was reincarnated, she probably lost her memories from her past life," Jake reasons. "So I'd like to take her on a tour of the castle to reintroduce her to some of her favorite spots in her past life."

Something deep within your gut screams at you to leave. The situation doesn't seem right. There's no way you're the lost princess. If the universe truly fated you to be with the seven vampire princes, shouldn't you have remembered them by now? Shouldn't you have at least recognized your own home as they claim it to be?

"Why is everyone so convinced I'm the one?" you question aloud, drawing all three men's attention back to you.

"You don't feel it?" Jake questions, his eyebrows drawing together in confusion and his head tilting ever-so-slightly to the side.

"Feel what?" you ask, mimicking his motion and tilting your head as well.

"The connection," he clarifies. Your eyebrows pinch together, deep in thought, but you're reminded of the feeling that has been following you all these years. 

"The pull?" you echo, thinking back to all the times you've felt the invisible force from all the way across the river.

"We know this isn't the first time you've tried to visit the castle, petal. You've been venturing closer and closer for years. The closer you got each time, the stronger the connection became," Sunoo explains, almost as if he read your thoughts. But after hearing his words, now it's your turn to furrow your eyebrows in confusion.

"I don't understand," you shake your head softly. "If you've felt my presence all this time, and assuming I might be the lost princess, why didn't you just come to get me if we truly are fated to be together?"

"We can't leave the castle," Riki admits softly, almost as if he's ashamed by the fact.

"Why not? Is it because of the sunlight and the fact that you're all vampires?" you ask, genuinely curious.

"No, we can go into the sunlight just fine. Only low-level vampires burn in direct sunlight." Jake supplies an explanation with a soft chuckle. Unbeknownst to you, he finds your curious nature rather adorable.

"We can't leave the castle because we are bound by a curse," Sunoo finally concludes, his tone souring subtly.

"What curse?"

"That's a story for another time," Jake shakes his head softly. "Come with me, Princess. I'll take you on a tour of the castle in the meantime."

When you glance at the other two princes again, you notice their body language has softened. It seems as if the brief talk between the four of you has convinced Sunoo and Riki that they need not feel worried about leaving you in Jake's presence. You're still unsure why they were worried in the first place, but if they feel relaxed, perhaps you should too. Plus, you would be lying to say you aren't curious about exploring the rest of the castle.

"Shall we?" Jake offers you a hand with a gentle smile when he notices your growing willingness to go. He beams in delight when you accept his hand and quickly intertwines your fingers together just as Sunoo had done earlier.

"Don't make any hasty decisions," Riki warns just as the two of you near the exit of the room.

"I won't," Jake chimes without looking back.

"You know the final decision is Heeseung's to make," Sunoo adds as a warning. 

Who is Heeseung and why do the princes keep speaking so highly of him? 

♡ ♡ ♡

Here's Chapter 3! How are y'all liking this story so far? 

See you back here tomorrow for Chapter 4 💗

Love,
Strawberheecake
🍓

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

24.8K 866 69
"It had been fate which led us to meet again." "๐˜ˆ๐˜จ๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ฏ?" Love and hate have always had a sort of line that most would never cross. You'd always s...
19.1K 617 28
Vampire au "๐™ƒ๐™š ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ฉ ๐™›๐™ช๐™ก๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™๐™ช๐™ข๐™–๐™ฃ, ๐™—๐™ช๐™ฉ ๐™๐™š ๐™˜๐™–๐™ฃ ๐™—๐™š ๐™๐™ช๐™ข๐™–ne ๐™›๐™ค๐™ง ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช" "๐™Ž๐™๐™š ๐™›๐™š๐™ก๐™ก ๐™›๐™ž๐™ง๐™จ๐™ฉ ๐™—๐™ช๐™ฉ ๐™๐™š ๐™›๐™š๐™ก๏ฟฝ...
4.5K 146 16
Summary: Y/N was granted a scholarship to be a student of CRESENT UNIVERSITY. The school where her mom, the mom that she never met, graduated. She kn...
20.2K 896 21
Book (2/2) of the Fate Bound series. After the princess's reawakening, the seven princes are beyond delighted to have her back in their arms. With a...