The Trickster's Family (Perso...

נכתב על ידי deception92

A what if story featuring Persona 5 protagonist, Ren Amamiya (also known as the Joker) who lives with his unc... עוד

Bio (Prologue only)
Important to note when reading
Prologue - Part 1: The Faith of the Star
Prologue - Part 2: The Idol's Lies
Prologue - Part 3: Clinging to the Past
Prologue - Part 4: I'm here for you
Prologue - Part 5 : What lies to someone
Prologue - Part 7 : Dancing Star
Prologue - Part 8 : Father and Son
Prologue - Part 9 : The Rain Falls
Prologue - Final Part : Life Will Change
New Bio: Main Characters
New Bio: Side Characters
Persona 4 Guests
Persona 3 Guests
Chapter 1: The New Beginning
Chapter 1.5: The Twins
Chapter 2: The Rock Bottom
Chapter 3: The Reunion
Chapter 4: The Mystery Girl
Chapter 5: Rise Kujikawa
Chapter 6: The Unfriendly Reunion

Prologue - Part 6 : Proof of Love and Justice

1K 30 7
נכתב על ידי deception92

After the traumatic event with Ryosuke the stalker, everything seems to be calmed down. Ren calls the police in order to arrest Ryosuke. After he called them, he tried to interrogate Ryosuke about who gave him the information about Ai's location. Of course, Ryosuke has no desire to speak about the informant due to regret about his actions so Ren decided to give up. As the police arrive, Ren explains to them about the situation they got into. Shinya also helps Ren by becoming their witness. After they explain the situation to the police, they decided to arrest Ryosuke and take him along with them. Once they leave, Shinya decided to go back to the arcade due to his mother's return. He bids farewell to Ren and Ai as he went back to his mother.

(At the drink stand)

Ren: "I would like to have rainbow slurpee, mango yogurt and strawberry kiwi please."

Worker: "Coming right up!" The worker starting to prepare the drinks.

As the drinks finally prepared, Ren picks them up and went to the umbrella stand where Ai sitting. He saw Ai in a state of depression. Without hesitation, he decided to step forward as he tries to hand strawberry kiwi to Ai.

Ren: "Here." Ai hears him as she takes it off from his hands.

Ai: "Thank you..." She said weakly.

Ren also gave mango yogurt to Morgana in which he obliges. While it is kinda weird for Morgana as a cat to drink something that humans made, he certainly wouldn't mind as long as it suits his taste. Things getting a lot quieter since the incident. Ren is starting to feel worried as he begins to ask Ai.

Ren: "So uhh... Are you feeling alright, Ai?"

Ai: "..." Ai didn't have anything to say as she stays silent. Ren became frown by her silence.

Ren: "Sorry. I bet you must be in shock since the incident last time. I should have known better."

Ren: "Well at least we won't have to worry about getting ourselves in danger again. Otherwise, Ichigo-san might get my ass kicked if anything problematic happens.*chuckle* " he said while scratching the back of his head.

As soon as Ren finishes his words the silence came in. Both Ren and Ai became silent as they waited for the time passes. Ai begins to break silence.

Ai: "Hey, Ren." Ren stares at Ai as soon as she calls his name without using honorifics for the first time.

Ai: "Did you heard that?" Ren stares at Ai in confusion.

Ren: "Heard what?"

Ai: "About what I said before at the incident." Ren begins to realize at what she meant.

Ren: "Oh. Well, yes. I heard everything about what you said just now. Especially with the stalker."

Ai: "Well... I'm afraid that Ryosuke-kun might be right about me."

Ren: "What makes you say that?"

Ai: "Well to tell you the truth, I didn't actually love my fans. At least from the very beginning when I started my career. I only love them through lies. Remember what I told you back at the rooftop that lies are exquisite of love?" Ren nodded.

Ai: "Well that's what I clearly meant."

Ren: "Can you tell me why?"

Ai: "..." Ai can't answer his question as she hesitates. Ren notices as he tries to convince Ai to answer.

Ren: "Ai... It ok. You can tell me everything including yourself. I want to know more about you." he said while comforting Ai.

Ai starts to look down thinking at what she should do. She turns at Ren whose eyes is full of concern. Remembering the time she spent with Ren and how he helps her in every step of the way. She also remembers that time where Ren saves her from the brink of death. She also sees the side of him whenever he talks about Sarina. He may be Mr.Perfect in the eyes of others but deep down he can be emotional at times. He is willing to help others in need whenever they had problems for themselves. Without knowing, she felt comfortable whenever she talked with him. She doesn't felt that way whenever she was with her ex. She felt like Ren is the person whom she cared the most. Ai sighed at herself as she begins to tell Ren about her side of the story.

Ai: "I never told anyone about my past before aside from president Saitou but I'll make this as an exception for you. Will you promise me to keep this in secret?" Ren turns at Morgana who is happily drinking and then back at her.

Ren: "I promise." he nodded.

Ai: "Good." A smile formed on her face as she begins to tell her backstory.

Ai: "When I was young, I grew in such an unhealthy environment. My parents were divorced and I only stayed with my mother. My relationship with her was complicated to say the least."

Ren: "Is your mother loved you?" Ai shook her head.

Ai: "No. She never loved me once before. All she does is that she abuses me for giving birth to me." Ren's eyes widen when hearing her mother's abuse.

Ren: "Why? Why on earth did she do that?"

Ai: "To be honest, I have no idea why. I think it is most likely due to her circumstances with my father. She kept having mood swings whenever she thinks about him. So she vet her anger towards me even though I didn't do anything wrong."

Ren: "What about your father? Didn't you tell him that your mother abuses you?"

Ai: "I did. But he doesn't seemed to care nor wanting to love me one bit. So basically I'm all alone trying to protect myself from my mother."

Ren: "I see. Is that the reason why you ask Shinya that time about his relationship with his mother?"

Ai: "*chuckles* You got that right." She chuckled.

Ai: "I was jealous at you or Shinya for having such lovable family member by your side. For me, I wasn't fortunate." Ren turns frown when she said those words. Living in such an abusive environment where her parents didn't love her as their own child. It kinda reminds him about Sarina and also... his lost friend.

(A/N: If you know, you know.)

Ai: "Well it doesn't matter now since she wasn't with me anymore. There was one time where she was arrested for theft charge. And even though she releases from prison, she did not came back and take me home anymore. So that's why... " Ai words trailed off as Ren continues her sentence.

Ren: "You were orphaned right? I saw in the documents back at the hospital where my uncle kept." Ai nodded.

Ai: "Yes. That's right. I was orphaned back then ever since my mother left me. I didn't make any friends at all even though I lived at the orphanage. It is mainly due to the lack of social skills or having any knowledge about making contact with other people. And you probably get the gist of it."

Ren: "So during the time when you were orphaned, did anyone else took interest on wanting to take you in?"

Ai: "For the most part no. They have no interest on wanting to take me in due to my relationship with my family most notably with my mother. Many adults who came to take the children in didn't want to pick me. Anyone except president Saitou."

Ren: "The president of the strawberry productions. I take it that he must be scouting to find the idols for his company right?" Ai nodded in response.

Ai: "President Saitou came to me as he wants to hire me to be their idol. At first, I politely declined his offer due to lack of any memory of being loved nor even loving someone. I might have ended up lying to them. But Saitou-san told me that it fine to lie to my fans. As the matter of fact, fans want my pretty lies."

Ren: "And the reason you lie so that you'll eventually able to love someone someday, correct?" Ai smiles with Ren's words.

Ai: "Mhmhm. I'm glad you understand that, Ren."

Ai: "And that's why I decided to become an idol in order to pursue my goal of loving someone including my fans. I want to love someone. I want an object for my love. I thought if I became an idol, I'd be able to love my fans. I want to say "I love you" from the bottom of my heart. So I said the lie of "I love you" all over the place." Ren begins to understand Ai better due to her struggles of wanting to love someone.

Ai: "But now..." her smile turns frown.

Ai: "I ain't sure if I want to keep going like this."

Ren: "Why not?"

Ai: "I mean didn't you see what happened back there? One of my fans, Ryosuke-kun came around and hunt me down knowing that I was lying to him. As the matter of fact, I am pregnant with twins." she said while rubbing her belly.

Ren: "But it wasn't your fault. It not like you're able to control the situation. You shouldn't blame yourself for what you did."

Ai: "I know! But for some reason, I feel guilty. I almost lost you and I almost lost Shinya-kun. I'm scared that if anything happens to either of you, it'll be my fault to bear." she said with a sad expression.

Ai: "I'm also scared that if my lies for love would harm someone, I might regret it. And what's worse, I would eventually lose someone I dear the most." she said while staring Ren at the eyes.

Ren: "Ai..." Ren places his hand on her shoulder wanting to get her attention.

Ren: "You won't lose me, Ai. And I can tell you that."

Ai: "How can you be so sure? I-I almost lost you back then."

Ren: "Ai, think about it. What happened back there was nothing to me. Even though that situation was dire, I'm still able to fight back. In fact, I was relieved when you and Shinya were safe."

Ai: "You were?" Ren nodded as he removed his hand from her shoulder.

Ren: "If I hadn't protected you or Shinya back then, I might not be able to forgive myself."

Ren: "You see, Ai. I can't just stand idly when someone else is in danger. I just can't let anyone be harmed whenever danger arises. This world can be very cruel, and some people might not be able to survive due to injustice of society."

Ren: "But I can't let that happen. I won't let such injustice get to them. I want to reach out to others, helping them to sort out their problems and turn them to become the better version of themselves. And that includes you, Ai."

Ai: "Ren..." A faint smile forms on Ai's face.

Ren: "I had a friend who had a similar background of yours. He used to be famous who had a lot of charisma and gain a lot of reputation. So much so, that people in public start to grew admire him. He can be egoistic at times but deep down he is a man who wants to become a hero of justice. A hero that everyone loves. Or at least that what I thought."

Ai: "Why is that?" Ai questions Ren.

Ren: "When I befriended with him, I found out that he had done some criminal things in the past. The things that he regretted the most. Any justice that he believes in was a total lie. All he thinks about was to taking revenge on someone. Not wanting to have friends in his life. And as a result, he turned against me as he doesn't want me to be friends with him any longer."

Ai: "I see." Ai became upset by his friend's betrayal.

Ren: "Despite his betrayal towards me, I still want to reach out to him. Begging him to come back. Wanting him to start over so he can proof his justice to others in the right way. But that moment never happen."

Ai: "Why? What happened to him?" Ren bites his lip when he heard her question.

Ren: "He's.... gone. Out from existence."

Ai: "Oh..." Ai looks down with sad expression.

Ren: "He even told me that if he wishes to meet me few years earlier, none of this would ever happen. But such a convenient miracle never came. He'd probably say something like that."

Ren: "But... I do not want to give up. I want to keep helping others so I can proof my own justice to him. I believe in the future that society will be set in the right direction where everyone can live peacefully." Ren turns at Ai.

Ren: "And I believe you should too, Ai."

Ai: "Eh?" Ai stares at Ren confusedly.

Ren: "If you believe that lies are a form of love and you want to show them that your love to them is real, then I think it can prove beneficial for everyone. You should keep doing that."

Ai: "But, Ren. I almost got you killed remember? What happens if my lies do hurt someone?"

Ren: "While true, lies can be very deceiving thing in the eyes of everyone and there might be some consequences coming along the way. But even then, you have to keep believing in yourself. Believe that your lies are a form of love to them. And I'm pretty sure there are others who think that way too."

Ai: "You think so?" Ren nodded.

Ren: "Your president, your friends, my uncle, Sarina-chan and all of your fans want to believe that love exists in this world. Even myself included."

Ren: "And also... even if your lies do hurt someone or someone that never understand about love, the best thing to do is to not forget them and carve them into your soul."

Ai: "Never forget them and carve them into my soul..." Ai begins to understand at what Ren is saying.

Ren: "*chuckles* I may be talking big, but I still got a long way to go." he laughs with a smile on his face.

Ren: "All I can say is don't stop believing and keep moving forward. And once you do so, soon your lies will eventually become the truth. And that will be your "Proof of Love". " Ai's eyes widen when she heard his words.

Ai: "My "Proof of Love"? Will I able to do that?"

Ren: "Who knows? You won't know unless you have to try. But I believe that you can make it happen."

Ren: "After all, you are Ai Hoshino, remember? The invincible idol that everyone looked up for. Am I right?"

Ai: "Ren..." Ai begins to smile with the star on her eyes glowing brightly.

Ai: "*chuckles* You know? I think you sounded like my president whenever you try to give me some advice. It so ironic yet it felt so right."

Ren: "Ahaha, is that so?"

Ai: "But either way. Thank you, Ren. I think I understand what I must do now. I'll take your advice into my heart."

Ren: "Good."

Ai: "Though, I gotta say. You were pretty good when it comes to understand people's situation. You must have a lot of experience."

Ren: "Well. Ever since when I was in probation, I always want to seek out and help others in need whenever they're in trouble. I couldn't ignore such bad deeds get to them. And I do not want them to ended up in the similar situation like I did."

Ai: "I see. That's very kind of you, Ren. I wish there will be more people out there who would become more like you. I might want to teach my kids as well once I give birth to them."

Ren: "Yeah. You should do that."

Ai: "I will! And Ren?"

Ren: "Hmm?"

Ai: "Thank you... for open my eyes. Without you, I don't know what I'll do with my life."

Ren: "Anytime, Ai. Anytime."

After they finished drinking. Ren begins to stand up as he held his hand out to Ai for support. Ai obliges as she grabs his hand in order to stand up.

Ai: "Now then. With all of that gloomy stuff out of the way. I think we can keep this hangout going! Where do you think we should go, Ren-chan?"

Ren: "Back to using honorifics, huh? I thought you already dropped that?"

Ai: "Yeah well it only happens whenever I felt gloomy all of the sudden. But I'm okay now after you talk to me." Ai begins to scoot closer to Ren.

Ai: "Or would you rather want me to call you "Ren" instead?"

Ren: "Either one is fine. Although I prefer if you call my name without using honorifics since that way I can get to know the real side of you. I like that side of you better." Ai blushes whenever Ren prefers her real side.

Ai: "Y-You sure? I-I can be pretty boring at times you know? Its nothing exciting compared to my idol side."

Ren: "I don't mind. I find that side of you to be quite honest and very cute too." Hearing Ren's words makes Ai blushes even more.

Ai: "M-Mou! Don't go saying something nonchalantly like that. It embarrassing whenever you say those words."

Ren: "Ahaha. Sorry, sorry. Didn't mean to make you flustered like that."

Ai: "Of course, you did!" Soon her smile starts to form on her face.

Ai: "But still it makes me happy when you say that. Then, I guess I won't have to hide anything from you anymore, right? Since you prefer the real side of me."

Ai: "W-Well then! Shall we get going? I'm about to lose my composure here."

Ren: "Sure, sure." he said as he grabs his bag with Morgana already inside and walk with Ai to another location. Morgana pops out from his bag and whispers to Ren.

Morgana: "You know, Ren. You got yourself carried away whenever you tried to make Ai flustered like that. I hope her fans never find out for what you did."

Ren: "Heh. There's no need to worry, Morgana. I can handle them just fine. If I can handle the stalker, then it shouldn't be a problem if they want to come and get me."

Morgana: "Yeah well. Just don't go and make more trouble alright? We don't want any problems to be escalated."

Ren: "I'll try not to."

Ai: "Hmm? Did you say something, Ren?"

Ren: "Nothing" he said while they keep moving forward.

End of Prologue - Part 6

Well that was a fun chapter to write. I gotta say seeing Ren able to ask Ai about her problems really helps to develop her character quite nicely. Ren wants to believe in justice and Ai wants her fans to believe that her love is real. Both of these characters have their own way to develop and they compliment each other very well. What do you guys think about this chapter? Let me know. I'll try to keep posting more chapters so stay tuned!

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

5.9K 215 13
A man named Satoru Mikami is killed during a botched mugging and finds his soul reincarnated into the body of a Slime. But he finds himself not alone...
4K 171 53
After a strange encounter with a mysterious man, Berry goes from the freak at school to the girl with a hot man tailing behind her. Has she found som...
31.4K 610 15
Rising of the Shield Hero x Fate Grand Order What will happen if Ritsuka Fujimaru was summoned as the Fifth Hero? Will she able to save this world? D...
244K 6K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...