You're A Keeper (GxG)

By JoBlackheart

Having already been hurt after falling for her straight friend Amy, Drew has vowed not to fall for anyone els... More

Author's Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Epilogue
Credit

Chapter Twenty Three

120 9 18
By JoBlackheart

"Bye, Lylah. I gotta go!" Drew waved at Delilah through the video call.

"Make sure you girls behave after Giselle sees the nice decorations there!" The nanny warned playfully with a giggle.

Drew chuckled and waved at her nanny once again before they ended the call. However, Delilah's texts constantly popped up before Drew could reply to Giselle's message that she would be late, and that she just saw a glimpse of it when she was having the video call with her nanny. But she had to reply to Delilah before she got nosy again.

'I am serious, Min Min. Behave!'

'It's our 2nd month anniversary, Lylah. What do you think?'

Drew laughed since she was just making fun of Delilah and she could imagine her nanny would gasp dramatically at her.

'Your uncle and I had 'nothing' happen until we got married!'

'Stop, Lylah. It's not what you think like that. It's just a nice celebration for us.'

'I know, Min. But you have to always remember that you need to earn approval from her parents that you are 'taking care' of Giselle.'

'I can do that for us, but anything might happen if Giselle can't behave.'

...

'I'm kidding. I just hope Giselle will like it. Bye, Lylah. Take care!'

Drew had to assure her nanny before she was getting late. Deep down, she couldn't promise that since she would just let the flow in between her and Giselle. Smiling while shaking her head, she swiftly replied to Giselle's message before she dropped her phone into her handbag. She knew she would be late 30 minutes to the office by assuming heavy traffic after 7.30 a.m.

Clocking in late wouldn't be a matter aside from a small pay deduction. Since the excitement was overridden for Drew at the moment, she didn't mind. The girls didn't get a chance for another sleepover again for a weekend after that night because Giselle had already made plans with her parents to take a short trip.

Drew wouldn't complain and she understood the love and respect that Giselle had for her parents because she used to have that with her adoptive parents too. But she would be lying if she said she never missed the time they tangled their bare legs, slipped their hands around each other, and felt the warm skin of one another beneath the cozy blanket.

A photo of a newly bought nightgown that looked tantalizing was sent by Giselle during her family trip tempted Drew to look forward to seeing the brunette wear it for her someday. This gave Drew an idea to plan a trip for the upcoming weekend which was perfect for their 2nd month celebration.

The place booked by Drew was a resort that was further away from their living place which would have more privacy for them to spend their time freely instead of being chastely or sisterly in public.

Patience wasn't really a virtue for Drew anymore. She was looking forward to the weekend and getting nervous about what she had planned for the nice decorations on the bed that she had requested from the crew of the resort. A room service dinner plan was definitely perfect for the girls to relax after their 3 hour drive, and Drew had reserved a romantic dinner date at a spectacular seaside restaurant for the next day.

Meanwhile, the heavy traffic on the road was driving Drew nuts, she would step hard on the pedal of the accelerator if she could, but she would rather drive safe before seeing her adorable brunette again. It was worth waiting so I can spend some great time with her. Drew had to remind herself about it as a mantra in her head.

However, something else had distracted Drew and she started giggling in the car alone. It was a flashback to the day Amy openly shared a story about her intimate time with her boyfriend making Giselle embarrassed with the heat that colored her face and neck.

A warmth in Drew's lower belly was rising, mild tingles were transmitted to the lower part of her body because she couldn't stop the fantasy of a blushing Giselle in her carnation pink nightgown barely covering her appealing fair skin. She hoped she could make that fantasy a reality!

No doubt Amy shared the nice experience to tease the girls since she knew they were dating. Surprisingly, Amy seemed so normal after she knew the happy news about the girls. She was thrilled and eagerly listened to the love story they shared, and she insisted to have a girls' talk in the evening after work even though she was rushing to make her deadline. But it was worth it for Amy to open her ears to listen and witness her best friend's happiness.

******

"So, are you gonna blindfold me from the car park to the destination?" Giselle teased while biting her lips to suppress a giggle, since her senior's face was reddened.

"Nah, I won't get you sick in the car, Maylee," Drew chuckled while she rolled her eyes before leaning toward her adorable brunette and gently caressing her face with a hand, and said, "To be honest, I'm not into that stuff. I would prefer for you to have a memorable journey with a surprise ending. You can sleep if you get tired because it will take us about three hours."

"That's far from our places. I like it! I won't miss even a second of the car trip with you, Min," Giselle sounded happy and a smirk played on her adorable face. "Anyway, those ideas I have suggested were fun for us."

Giselle was trying to tease Drew, but she could tell her face was as red as her senior. The sadist topic became a hot topic for the girls to tease after they watched a few lesbian videos with the creative idea of toys. Giselle would never fail to pipe in certain ideas from earlier while she was trying to let Drew spill her sweet surprise.

"Alright, it's getting late, and we shall go back to work," Drew quickly said before taking a bottle of water to drink.

"Hmm... You look nervous," Giselle said with an amused smile on her face and put a hand on Drew's forearm and gently squeezed them. "Are you sure you can drive all the way there? You would be worn out. We can share the role of driver to get there."

It was always sweet for Drew to hear thoughtful words from Giselle. Besides, Drew thought it was worth it for her to drive for them and let the brunette take a rest and enjoy. "I will drive to the rest station if I need that," Drew assured with a smile and she carefully used a tissue to wipe the corner of Giselle's lips and said, "So, now it's perfect for us to go back."

Giselle flashed a toothy grin and joined her senior to clean the table before leaving their secret room happily. Only a few steps away from the office door, Drew's phone was ringing, and she took out her phone from her dark pants pocket and answered it. However, Drew's smile disappeared and turned into a frown while she was listening to the person from another line.

"Is everything okay?" Giselle asked softly and her smile was stiff after her senior ended the call.

"I have no idea what is happening. It was a call from HR," Drew admitted and she sighed with shook her head. "She said it was an internal investigation."

Giselle's eyes shot wide and used a hand to put on her senior's shoulder. Drew gently held Giselle's hand on her shoulder and assured her, "I will be okay. I will see you later?"

Deep down, Drew knew her uncertain voice couldn't calm down either of them. Giselle eventually gave a small smile and nodded her head at her senior and gently squeezed her senior's hand, "Of course, I will see you around."

Drew's tense shoulders slightly loosened up and she nodded her head to her brunette in return. She watched Giselle enter the office before making her way to the HR office.

Drew didn't like this feeling while she was entering the HR office, especially seeing Tom and Monica we're sitting on the couch in the waiting area. Neither of them was giving an assurance sign to Drew since Tom was having a smug grin on his face while Monica didn't even look at Drew and remained still.

Tom shot a whistle when Drew was getting nearer them, he quickly stood up before knocking on the HR manager's door, and he opened it without waiting for a response from the HR manager. Drew had a bad feeling but entered the room after Tom and Monica had walked in.

"Have a seat, Drew. We're going to start the investigation," Jenny, the HR manager said while indicating an empty spot on the chair next to Monica who was sitting next to Tom. Drew took the seat and put her folded palms on her lap.

"Drew, I assume you know this will be a serious talk. As I informed you this is an internal investigation just now, right?" Jenny said while looking at Drew.

Drew only nodded her head in reply and waited for Jenny to continue. "Perfect. So, the HR department received a memo from Tom that he had found leaked information shared from you to the sales manager. By the rules and regulations of the company, we have the right to take legal action against you," Jenny paused and looked at Drew. "We understand and appreciate your 7 years of service with a clean record in The Palm Bhd. So, Mr. Pang decided to void legal action but have to terminate you."

"Miss Wong, may I know what I've done to violate the company's policy?" Drew's voice was firm with her grips holding tight on her lap.

The HR manager pushed a printed paper toward Drew, and she started explaining, "Every employee has the responsibility to keep the data of their work private and confidential. You are only allowed to share the information with others if your superior gave instructions for you to do it. This is a copy of the stamp that you emailed the salary incentive report to the sales manager. Besides, Monica confirmed that she never gave any instructions for you to send this."

Drew checked the time of the email which she had never seen before and she scoffed, "Yes, Monica never give any instruction during that time since I was having a meeting with her. I can confirm that someone hacked my ID and email for doing this." Drew turned to look at Tom before looking at the HR manager.

"Anyhow, you have a responsibility to keep your ID private. If anyone can use your email, that means you failed to comply with the agreement you have signed," the HR manager said and she sighed apologetically and pushed a letter of termination letter toward Drew, "I'm sorry, Drew. I have to follow the rules."

"I will leave, but I won't sign anything to admit something I never did," Drew affirmed.

"We are fine with that, but we would have to let security make sure you have taken all your belongings while escorting you to leave this premises," the HR gave a sympathetic smile.

Drew's heart weighed heavily while she was walking back to take her belongings from the office she work. She hated that Giselle would see the bad news from her. Drew felt stung in her heart when she saw Giselle looking at her and seemed shocked and worried.

Drew never expected this was the last day they worked together and leave on short notice. She forced a reassuring smile at her brunette while holding her tears and gave a small nod when she loaded a small box to take her stuff and put her handbag on top of it. She swore she would never cry in front of the loser, Tom who was following the security with her and seemed all too happy to join the escort, since he had insisted to make sure she left this place.

Giselle's eyes were reddened, and she merely gave a nod at Drew and watched her senior leave. Drew and the other two men entered the elevator and the murmurs and noises eventually disappeared. However, within a second of silence, Tom broke out into loud and annoying laughter.

"This was the best thing I have ever seen in my life! I should have done this earlier since everyone has to comply with my order." Tom clicked his tongue and chuckled, "Because they owe me a favor, Drew."

Drew gripped her box and tried to ignore whatever the loser was saying since she didn't need to deal with him anymore.

"So, what is next?" Tom hummed and a dirty smile plaster on his face, "Giselle, Oh Giselle. She will be mine soon." Tom clicked his tongue, "That's too bad Drew, no one can stop me anymore."

Drew let her eyes shut and said with gritted her teeth, "Not a chance, Tom." Drew just threw her box on the floor causing the elevator to slightly shake while the security turned to another side. Drew just turned back and used her fist to punch Tom's nose with a crack and kneed him in the groin before Tom could make any voice.

Tom kneeled on the floor while whimpering with tears in his eyes and the security quickly pressed the door for Drew when the lift reached the basement level. "Good job." The security said quietly with a thumb up.

Drew quickly rearranged the stuff in her box and held the box once again and said softly to the security, "Thank you."

The security grinned before quickly using his walkie-talkie and calling out, "Emergency call. Emergency call. Boss Tom is sick, and we need an ambulance immediately, over!"

A satisfied smile spread on Drew's face, and she could finally check off an item from her mental to-do list since she'd wanted to do that for a long time. She sat in her car with a weary sigh after putting the box of her belongings in her backseat. It was too much for today. Drew thought of herself and thought to text Giselle, but speaking of the devil, she appeared.

Drew didn't even get a chance to smile, and her mouth formed a frown when Giselle walked in the opposite direction and quickly got into a black SUV with tinted windows that wouldn't let Drew see the driver. The car drove off right after Giselle got into it.

In a split second, she just realized the car was Giselle's bother Jordan's car. Something was wrong and Drew had no time to scold herself and she started her car and speed off to tail the car while making a call to Giselle and leaving her phone on a loudspeaker.

The phone rang one time and connected but it was Jordan's voice, "Mind your own business if you're a smart girl. I don't think you want to spend your life with your girlfriend in jail."

The phone ended immediately. Drew didn't give up and she called again but it became a voicemail. Eventually, she had no other option but gave up chasing the car since whatever action she took might threaten both of them.

Drew parked her car in an empty space, and helplessly pressed her forehead against the car's steering wheel. She was devastated about all the bad things that came all at once. Drew was feeling useless that she didn't even have the power to protect Giselle, but just watched her leave with her brother. Drew's heart crumbled, as she kept blaming herself, and let the tears spill from the brim of her eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.1K 1K 31
For a long time, I've always seen couples and wondered when it would be my turn for my gay love story. I wondered about it as I drank my coffee. I be...
Morgan By S

Romance

19K 1.6K 40
Morgan *completed* A filler between (book 4-5) of the Alberta series. Morgan Keaton...unlucky in love, that is an absolute understatement. I'm curse...
3.3M 87.8K 121
Ellie has been not-quite-flirting with her housemate’s friend Mia, and not really thinking too much about it, until one day Mia offers to follow thro...
76.3K 1.5K 20
falling. I've never known that feeling before, until her. Or did I really fall? No, my love for her grew, as the idea of her consumed me. the questio...