What Universe is This Again?

By Allioune24

"I can feel it!" exclaimed Lophe, the pope of Obelia's current religion. "The new Empress and the Saint of Ob... More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII

XII

3.2K 227 53
By Allioune24

[CLAUDE'S POV]

He could only hold his son's hand tightly while hugging his daughter.

Not just one, but two.

He expected only Athanasia to go through this, but he never imagined his no-mana son would as well.

He summoned all mages, including Lucas, who was able to save his daughter.

But no one can wake him up.

He's losing all hope, and he hasn't cleared things up with Ayhan. He hasn't talked to him yet about Count Molran or apologized for any reason at all.

"You don't need any mages, Your Majesty."

Lucas, who was the last hope for making Ayhan wake up, spoke.

"Call for the Church."

"Church?"

"What His Highness suffers is not Mana's outburst, Your Majesty. It's Divine Awakening. His Highness doesn't have the Imperial Family's Mana but Divine Powers, Your Majesty."

Claude slowly stood up.

"What did you say?"

Obelia has been without a saint for thousands of years because the Emperor of the Obelian Empire is as good as the Saint or the Son of Heaven.

A child born with Divine Power cannot succeed to the throne.

"It appears that the Future Empress and Future Saint of the Obelian Empire will be members of the Imperial Family," Lucas said, respectfully bowing before the Emperor. "Congratulations, Your Majesty; your reign will be one of the most glorious in the history of Obelia."

He turned to face his son and daughter.

This is what the Emperor is expected to do, and he should be proud of it because no one will call his reign into question.

But, knowing that his children will face every adversity if this continues, a part of him begs him not to let anyone near them.

"Ron Molran," he says.

"Yes, Your Majesty."

"Discreetly go to the Church and ask for a healer. Kill them if it's necessarily becoming a nuisance."

"Yes, Your Majesty."

[***]

Ayhan awoke refreshed rather than groggy, as Athy did. He opened his eyes to see his sister snuggled close to him and their father sitting beside the bed in the chair.

Claude got to his feet and handed him a glass of water.

His expression was solemn. He can not help but sympathize with him.

How do you tell someone that the reason you are sad is because you love them?

This man can never say those words to them, nor can he be completely honest with them.

Ron was also standing by the side, smiling at him as he placed some food in front of him.

Thank god! There is no Lemon Tea!

"How are you feeling?"

He looks at Claude, who is not looking back.

"Is that how you ask your son, who went into a coma?"

"How certain are you that you went into a coma?"

"It is usual."

Claude remained silent. He didn't expect that reply at all. It's as if he's talking to someone who's always suffering.

Ayhan rose from the bed and looked at Claude. Athy moved closer to him, looking like a little hamster.

But—

A FREAKING FUCKING BUT!

"Is not it a wonderful night, My God?"

With those familiar fucking chills he had not felt in a long time, all the hairs on his body stood up!

"It is not a damn good night," and it will never be a damn good night. He curses the moment he sees Clopeh Sekka, dressed as a clergyman, standing before him.

To think he would meet this tyrant of all people and all fucking things in the world! It started with Ron, and now it is him.

I am going to beat you up, you cretin God of Death!! Take my word for it!

"My name is Lophe, and I am a bishop of the Holy Order who has served the Empire for Thousands of years; may the eternal and bright light shine upon you, Your Highness, The Prince, and the Saint of the Order of the Eternal Light."

Saint?

He looked at his father. Claude was staring at him as if everything was normal.

"You have little mana from the Imperial Family..."

"You have awakened with Divine powers, Ayhan," Claude stated solemnly.

He looked at them, frowned, and went back to bed to snuggle with his sister and ignore every last one of them. He's the only one who can do that, even to the emperor.

"Hah."

Claude rose from the chair and slipped into the blanket. He's cocooning his son and even bringing his daughter closer.

"You are dismissed, he ordered.

The Bishop from the Church spoke, "Yes, I shall leave for today, Your Majesty."

This bastard won't give up that easily.

—I can feel it... the legitimation of the Religion of Caleism.

— It's going to be Ayhanism.

He rolled his eyes and fought the urge to beat up that priest.

However.

"What are you doing?"

"Going to sleep."

Ayhan looked at Claude.

"You're acting like a real father."

"I am your father."

"Now?"

Claude looked at the child. Yhan had a bitter smile on his face.

"Why act now? You're definitely going to abandon us in the end."

Claude paused and said.

"I am not sure," he admitted, perplexed, "but..."

Ayhan fixed his gaze on him, waiting for him to finish his sentence.

"There will never be a time when I abandon you."

Ayhan thought he heard a curse, but Claude's gaze made him stop.

"I... will never cause you or your sister any harm."

"Promise?" Ayhan was not sure why he asked. He would never have a true family. Even Deruth Henituse was better than this man.

But...

Why does just looking at him and hearing his words make him feel so loved?

Why does he believe he is such an important person to this man?

"Lies."

"I swear by my name," he said, "that thing will never happen, and You have every right to kill me if I break this oath."

Hiding your feelings from someone you do not love is the equivalent of dying alive.

"So just smile and laugh as if there is no tomorrow, and live a healthy and happy life."

This promise...

"I will do everything in my power to ensure that you two live happily ever after."

It is tearing down all of the barriers he has built around his heart.

"You're drunk."

"I did not drink, though."

He can not help but deny.

He can not forget because his record will not let him.

"Ayhan."

He sank into the Emperor's arms and listened.

"Spending time with you and Athanasia... revealed to me what I would be missing in my life."

What are you saying? Are you really Claude? '

"So... stay by my side."

TBC

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 60 7
❛ my mind turns your life into 𝒇𝒐𝒍𝒌𝒍𝒐𝒓𝒆 i can't dare to dream about you anymore. ❜ ⎯⎯ ⠀ㅤִㅤ...
220K 9K 40
"I want you." With a touch as light as a feather, Cillian hooked a thick finger under her chin to get a better look at her face. "Look at me." Slowly...
245K 6.6K 42
A Bakudeku Omegaverse/ Quirkless AU Bakugo Katsuki was a 22 year old Alpha living on his own. He had a good life. A great paying job as a fashion des...
350K 30.3K 110
In the alleyways of Yiling, there was an abandoned child who did his best to survive. Everyday, he scoured for food and fought dogs who hurted him. I...