Knight & Day

By RavenJM

Handsome, educated, well-rounded; Tyson Day is everything you want in a man. His silver-spoon upbringing affo... More

Humble Beginnings
Silver Spoon
Games
Lock Down
Mismatch Made In Heaven
Unfinished Business
Who's The Boss?
Divergence
Mama's Got A Brand New Boss
Closure
Choose Your Fighter
Down & Dirty
Enemies With Benefits
Terms & Conditions
Risky Business pt. 1
Risky Business pt. 2
How Does It Feel?
Close Encounters pt. 1
Close Encounters pt.2
Mo' Money, Mo' Problems pt.1
Mo' Money, Mo' Problems pt. 2
Devil In A Red Dress
Babygirl in Black
Made For Me
Can We Talk?
My Mine

Blurred Lines

353 28 10
By RavenJM

-Tyson-

Time moved slower than I'd ever witnessed before as I counted down the minutes until Phoenix would join me in my office. Ever since lunch when I'd visited her desk to request her presence at the end of the day, I couldn't concentrate on much else. Seeing her had been just the distraction I'd been looking for and the thought of her having to sit and take my criticisms of her work in just a few minutes had my pulse racing.

Watching her explode at my words was officially my favorite pastime. There was no use denying it. I can't tell you why seeing her so flustered and flooded with anger made me feel giddy inside, but it brought me to near bliss every time I'd managed to make it happen. It never failed to excite me; The look of pure danger that sheened her honey colored eyes or the sudden heave of her ample bosom as she geared up for the most insulting string of phrases she could think of. I always watched intently as she said the most awful things about me from lips that were beginning to haunt my daydreams. Her polite routine this afternoon was more annoying than amusing and just wouldn't suffice for the dynamic we'd developed. The one where we slung sharp, pointy words at each other like ninja stars. The one where I could feel adrenaline course through my veins whenever she was near. The one where my dick throbbed when I stared at her mouth too long.

Whoahhh...

Before I could even question where that came from, I shook off what was clearly an intrusive thought and began putting away some documents and reorganizing my desk, preparing to leave after our meeting. It wasn't that I had anywhere to be afterward, I just needed something to distract me from the strange direction my thoughts had taken since seeing her this afternoon. As the digital clock on my computer screen changed from 8:59pm to 9:00pm, I locked my computer and did my best to mentally shoo away my excitement. I tried to remember that I despised her presence, not craved it like I'd seemed to be doing for the last several hours. Luckily, I didn't wait much longer before there was a knock that interrupted my thoughts.

"Come in," I beckoned, relieved she was finally here.

Phoenix strutted into the room, head held high and shoulders back, immediately capturing my gaze. Confidence permeated her demeanor as well as the switch of her hips as she closed the distance between us. Placing her things in one of the two chairs in front of my desk, I silently traced her curvy frame before noticing the to-go box in her hand. She had grabbed all of her belongings like she too had every intention to leave directly after we were done here. I briefly pondered if she'd been struggling with the same confusing thoughts or if she just couldn't get away from me soon enough. I ignored the sting in my chest at the possibility of the latter and watched as she sat in the other empty chair, her face void of emotion as she waited for me to begin.

I didn't rush to speak, savoring the warm tingle in my lower abdomen as I sat staring at her. My eyes raked over her face, taking inventory of her features yet again. I couldn't help myself as my gaze fell to her lips first. Currently tinted a dark red and plump enough to look effortlessly pouty, they were my favorite part of her face. Mesmerizing, even when they were being used to insult me. I felt a particular part of myself twitch as I momentarily considered how they'd feel pressed against mine. Another intrusive thought, of course. There was no way kissing Phoenix amounted to genuine desire. I was simply a man who appreciated nice lips.

A close second in my appreciation was beautiful skin. Her round cheeks looked soft as butter, wrapped in her smooth, terra-cotta skin and painted with the lightest application of makeup I'd ever seen a woman wear. You'd never know it was there if it weren't for the subtle shimmer present on her cheeks, nose and forehead. It was something I genuinely appreciated as natural beauty was what I preferred in most women. Even with the small amount she wore, it was easy to see that makeup was a choice for Phoenix, not a requirement.

Her almond shaped eyes were a dangerous duo as they never wavered from mine. Even with the deadpanned look she was giving me, it did nothing to conceal the fire I saw behind them. I smirked, happy to know it was there just below the surface. It left me no choice but to tempt it out of her.

"I'm actually quite impressed," I trailed, taking the time to watch her emotionless expression slip into momentary surprise. I continued, delighted to make it switch just as quickly for a second time.

"Despite your lack of qualifications, you managed not to fuck anything up too badly."

For a split second, anger flashed across her features before she caught herself. If I'd have blinked, I would've missed the wrinkle in her brow and the pursing of her pillowy lips as she likely fantasized of murder. After a deep breath, her expressionless demeanor returned. My eyes instinctively dropped to her mouth again as she spoke.

"I did run into a few unfamiliar challenges but I'm a quick learner... and Damien is a great teacher," she responded, her bored tone notably picking up as she said his name. My eyes flickered up to hers again as I tried to figure out why my blood felt hot. The same thing had happened earlier when she'd informed me that Damien had taken her to Château Del Mar for lunch. The thought of them out to lunch, talking, laughing, getting to know each other... it didn't sit well. Logic would tell me my reaction was because of the mess he'd just gotten out of with his last assistant, but a part of me feared it might be something else. After a moment, I internally scoffed at the idea of me being jealous.

Tyson Day? Jealous? Nonsense.

What reason would I have to be jealous? Phoenix was nowhere close to anything or anybody I wanted for myself. I'd be a fool to be jealous over someone I had no intentions for. She was nothing more than a plaything to me. A bit of entertainment and a distraction from the more stressful areas of my life. The only thing I wanted from her was fire in her eyes and venom in her words while we tap danced on each other's nerves. Speaking of which, I retreated from my thoughts and rejoined my partner on the dance floor.

"Yes, well he certainly dropped the ball on teaching you to keep food and trash away from your desk. You may be comfortable in environments where roaches and rats are the norm, but this office is not one of those places. It won't become one due to your presence here either," I scolded her. The flames behind her eyes grew wilder and her body tensed. As my gaze lingered on her figure longer than I would like to admit, I anticipated a tongue lashing in response. Sadly, I was met with compliance instead.

"I will keep that in mind, Mr. Day."

I couldn't control my face as it immediately displayed my displeasure. What was this? Why was she being so... obedient? Earlier, she'd said she wanted to make me eat my words. How did she intend to accomplish that with simply agreeing with everything I said? No, this won't do. I had to step it up a notch.

"I'd also like to discuss your appearance," I spoke, openly surveying her body this time. She watched me with narrowed eyes as she waited for me to elaborate.

"The entire Lush brand is built on being able to provide the best of the best. When our partners and prospective clients come into our offices, they expect to be met with that at every turn. Does your current appearance exude luxury, Phoenix? I mean, is this really the best that you can do?" I gestured to her with my hand, my face showing disapproval that wasn't even genuine.

Truthfully, there was nothing wrong with her attire. It wasn't the designer labels I was accustomed to seeing on the women in my orbit--nor was her stature--but she'd actually managed to make herself look presentable and, dare I say, professional. Dressed in a white, long-sleeved blouse and a black pencil skirt, both of which hugged her curves in a way I'm not sure I would've noticed had it not been for my night out with Damien a few days ago, the task of proving her unworthiness was that much more difficult now that she looked the part. It would seem that attending Magic 8's 'Thick Thursday' had caused a shift inside myself and as I sat staring at her, it was undeniable. It was like I was seeing her for the first time, all over again.

Silently grateful for the cheap material of her blouse, it was sheer enough for me to catch a glimpse at the dark outline of her bra through the thin fabric. She may as well not have been wearing the shirt, what with how easy it was to imagine what was underneath it. The first few of her buttons were left open as well, her sizable cleavage taunting me from across my desk. I didn't bother to fend off the streak of arousal shooting through me at the sight, but I managed to tear my eyes from it only for them to drift lower. Her form-fitting skirt had ridden it's way up her round thighs, exposing just the right amount of flesh to make yet another intrusive thought bubble up inside me.

Do her panties match her bra?

Is she even wearing panties?

"Can you be more specific? What exactly is wrong with what I'm wearing?" she questioned, breaking my train of thought and finally giving me something more than boring compliance to work with. It wasn't the passionate outburst I'd been looking for, but it was something at least.

"It's not just what you're wearing, it's also who's wearing it. Cheap clothing on an even cheaper woman is just painfully redundant," I answered, digging deeper into my bag of insults and making the most of the opportunity she'd given me. I grinned victoriously as I watched her previously unbothered expression morph into clear irritation. She was finally just as tired of her façade as I was and her next words were like music to my ears.

"Do you even put any effort into being an asshole or were you just born this way?" she asked, in no way sounding as if she genuinely expected an answer. She'd said it to insult me but I could tell she was still holding back, even now after dropping her professional act. I had to give it to her. The grip she had on her self-control was admirable considering how I'd previously been able to anger her without even truly putting my back into it. I couldn't stop myself from chuckling as I responded.

"I take a great amount of pride in calling it like I see it. I appreciate you for noticing."

"Is that what you call it? Because where I'm from, it's called talking shit, and talking shit gets you hit. I know you probably missed out on that particular colloquialism though. Your kind just call lawyers and sue each other for defamation," she scoffed, dismissively. I grew even more amused at her statements.

"Did you just indirectly threaten to hit your superior? And colloquialism is an awful big word for someone of your kind," I countered. She rolled her eyes as if she were bored before she replied.

"Believe it or not, there are books containing bigger words than that in the ghetto. And I didn't make a threat, I made an observation. If you had said what you just said to me, in a different setting, under different circumstances, you'd be missing a few teeth right now."

"Is that what your thuggish baby daddy does? Hit anyone who says something he doesn't like? " I questioned, submitting to what felt like the umpteenth intrusive thought I'd had today. I don't know why I was even thinking about the man I saw her with the last time we crossed paths in public, but something inside me wanted to know specifics. Was that really the kind of man she wanted? One who would become violent whenever he was upset? One who embodied every racist stereotype under the sun? One who risked his life to make less money than I could make with one quick phone call?

Or... could she possibly have more refined taste than that?

"Excuse me? What are you even talking about? I don't have a baby daddy, let alone any kids," she corrected, genuine confusion now present in her words.

"So you actually managed not to create any offspring with that walking mugshot. I might have just gained the tiniest amount of respect for you. Not enough to matter, but a very small amount, none the less," I admitted, not bothering to filter my thoughts. Her confusion lingered for a few more moments before what I said registered.

"Wait, are you talking about..." she trailed, realization creeping into her demeanor. For just a moment, another emotion I couldn't immediately recognize replaced it and lingered, along with her unwavering eye contact, before she did something I totally didn't expect. Phoenix smiled at me.

A fucking beautiful one at that.

I almost didn't catch her reply as I sat mesmerized at the sight.

"Mr. Day... correct me if I'm wrong but... you almost sound... jealous," she accused. The amusement in her tone sent the most conflicting emotions I have ever felt, coursing through me. I loved pissing her off. It was my favorite thing to do and it had been my original goal when calling this meeting. But something about the way she looked when she smiled... the way her lips seductively stretched across her face and her eyes shone with a deep satisfaction... I now craved it just as much as the former, if not more. I didn't know what that meant in terms of our dynamic, but I did get hit with another realization.

I was unmistakably attracted to Phoenix Knight.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

804 34 7
"The moment I laid my eyes on you, I knew that you weren't her real daughter, a real daughter wouldn't have five fingers print on a face caused by a...
BLACKBiiRDS By kenn12

General Fiction

5.9K 222 12
"I call this one pain. And this lil one right here under his wing is suffering." "No offense, but...who the hell would wanna be reminded of pain and...
159K 3.3K 30
Azariah Williams, 16 years old with a 2 year old baby. At age 14, she gave her virginity to a boy named Phillip Matthews, who was 18 at the time and...
245 34 6
" Why are always like this since high school you have always looked down on people!!!! " " If people means you.., then yes I do look...