Calm Before The Storm ✓

By YaoiYurishipper

Red and Green are enjoying a nice vacation in Alola when they get a terrifying news from Kalos about their yo... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Chapter 7

456 14 1
By YaoiYurishipper

(Pokemon is not mine. The picture above is a screen shot from the anime.
"talking"
'thinking'
-pokespeech-
Enjoy!)

Red was helping one of the trainers who were attending a tutoring session, "This is how you clean a fire type. Use hot water with warming herbs soaked in it. It relaxes the Pokemon and smells really nice too."

The young trainer was a red haired, blue eyed teen and was listening intently with stars in his eyes. He was not the only one other boys and girls were attending the class as well and learning too. Fire types were known for hating baths so learning how to keep them clean was very important. It could be bad for their health otherwise as skin infections could go from annoyance to dangerous really fast. One of the girls a young brunette with a Growlithe was sighing to herself in relief. Trying to get her Growlithe to bath was difficult but with this it could be easier.

A voice shouted, "There are two crazy guys riding a Lugia in Vermilion City."

Red froze, 'What did I just hear?'

One of the students looked up and murmured, "Did I just hear that right?"

Red cleared his throat, "That is the end of today's class, kids. Remember to take good care of your Pokemon okay?"

Everyone chirped, "Yes, teacher Red."

Red shooed them off, "Go on! I believe you have another class after one hour."

The kids nodded and headed to the back where the towels and other items were kept to help dry the Pokemon. Red watched them as they finished drying the Pokemon which did not take long. The advantages of being fire types and reminded them to remind the kids who had water types of the class next day. The children waved goodbye and returned to their school on the bus while Red turned around to figure out what was happening. He was joined by Green who was heading to Professor Sakuragi's place.

Ash was meant to go there earlier with the Professor and they had a bad feeling. Somehow and someway they all knew Ash was involved with the incident. On top of that, Gary had to stay back at the ranch today because he was in charge of giving away new Pokemon to trainers. The good Professor had started to give Gary more responsibilities around the ranch slowly. Therefore, he could not be by Ash's side and Alain had returned to Kalos for a while. Red and Green took out their fastest fliers and headed towards Vermilion City.

Red, "Professor! Mom? Mom, what's wrong?"

Delia looked exasperated and done with everything, "I think Ash was Legendary napped again."

Green, "Again?"

Red, "Seriously that child."

Cerise cleared his throat, "Ex - Champion Red and Viridian Gym leader Green. Welcome to my lab. May I ask what you mean by again?"

Red, "This is not the first time a Legendary took him away."

Green, "First time was Moltress who was curious about him. Second was Entei, third was Mew, fourth Giratina, fifth Victini, sixth Hoopa, seventh the Tapus and now Lugia."

Cerise gaped, "I.. I don't know how to react to that."

Samuel looked resigned, "You get used to it."

Ash, "Professor we are back. Red? Green? Why are you here?"

Red poked his forehead, "Why are we here he asks. We are here because of you, you little brat."

Green, "What were you thinking?"

Gou who had joined Ash spoke up, "It was the heat of the moment. We were safe, I promise."

Green turned to him hands on his hips, "Now, young man, do not start with me. What were you thinking as well? Hm?"

Red, "Jumping on a Legendary Pokemon like that. What if someone dangerous as Team Rocket had gone after Lugia with you on it?"

Green, "They would have killed you to get to Lugia."

Both Ash and Gou had their heads down as the two scolded them for being so careless with their life. After a few minutes of scolding Red pulled both boys into a tight hug and made them promise to not jump on another Legendary like that. Gou's face was flushed pink because of the hug but agreed to the promise with Ash mumbling the promise as well. Green huffed as well patting their backs laughing when Ash pouted at him from the hug.

After that Professor Sakuragi offered the position of becoming an on field research assistant. The positions of OFRA was open and it would keep the boys out of trouble as well. After thinking about it the adults agreed though they left the decision to the two boys. Ash was interested and Gou wanted to learn about Pokemon and catch one of each line. Plus, being an OFRA would mean they would always be in contact with others who could keep them safe.

Gary laughed when he heard, "I guess we are work mates now."

Ash grinned sheepishly, "I guess so."

Just like that Ash and Gou went on many adventures around many regions meeting Ash's old friends. Red had called the Champions ahead informing them of the latest news which revolved around Ash. They were all surprised in the beginning but accepted it, at least they could keep an eye on him. They were thankful for the help Ash gave during the world ending events and did not want him to get hurt again.

Gou was feeling many emotions as he got to know his work partner better. He knew many famous people and Champions who personally appeared to make sure he was okay. It had awed him in the beginning but then trouble occurred and he was terrified for his friend's life. At one point, Gou even cornered him asking him if he was suicidal by any chance. Ash had spluttered and denied it saying he was not though Chloe looked skeptical just like him.

Ash, "I promise you, I am not suicidal."

Mewtwo deadpanned, -Your actions tell us a different story.-

Gou almost shook Ash, "What he said!"

Ash whined at them saying they were worried for no reason at all. Gou point blank told him, jumping into a rapid river was a cause of worry. No matter what reason it was, they had grass and water type Pokemon for a reason. They were there to help them and Ash sulked saying he had not thought about it. Both Mewtwo and Gou sighed before Mewtwo asked for Gou's contact number.

Gou, "Um, if it is not too presumptuous. May I ask, how do you know Ash?"

Mewtwo watched Ash run off to play with the Pokemon, -My little trouble making kit here healed me when I was hurt.-

Gou, "Oh, thank Mew. I was worried he had thrown himself into danger."

Mewtwo drawled, -He did. He threw himself between Team Rocket and me.-

Gou's eyes twitched, "That's it."

Ash looked up, "Um Gou?"

Gou, "I am applying to become your permanent training and travel partner after this OFRA is over."

Mewtwo nodded in approval, -I like you, child.-

Gou flushed, "Oh, um, thank you."

They spent the day with Mewtwo before returning back to the lab. One of their missions even brought them back to Pallet town where Gary was becoming known as the new Professor Oak of Pallet. Gou was nervous but after Gary teased him one too many time Gou snarked back only to turn pink in mortification. Gary only laughed saying being snarky was more useful if he wanted to keep Ash safe from people like Team Rocket. Gou was confused, they dealt with Team Rocket before but they were not that dangerous.

Gary sighed, "Here, use my ID to look at Ash's record."

Gou, "Why yours?"

Gary, "You need a Professor level or Gym leader level access to look at all of his achievements."

Gou was very pale by the time he went through half of everything and looked at his friend with a new light, after finishing. Gary gave him a cup of hot chocolate when he noticed the pale face and patiently waited for him to calm down. He was not the only one to react that way and he would not be the last one either. Gary looked outside where Ash was surrounded by his Pokemon and was laughing carefree.

Gou, "How is he okay?"

Gary, "What do mean?"

Gou, "How can he be okay after being almost tortured to death?"

Gary, "To be completely honest with you, I don't know. I guess having a family to support him helps? Maybe? I am not sure either. I am just happy, he is not depressed."

Gou drank the hot chocolate slowly, "Can you tell me more about it?"

Gary nodded as he spoke about his experiences as Ash's travel partner and his other or rather their boyfriend, Alain. Gou coughed at that part asking what he meant by that. Gary gave a smirk and explained about how he had met Alain and realized he was also someone who wanted to protect Ash. Alain was someone who refused to be protected and did the protection instead so the two of them had come to an agreement.

They talked to Ash about it obviously and Ash in his own fashion accepted two boyfriends. Gou was gaping while Gary snorted, Serena had reacted the same way and was very jealous of them over it. But she got over it realizing she would have to get stronger if she wanted to even be noticed by Ash. She had realized something during their travel together through Kalos. If there was a strong trainer nearby Ash tended to forget about everything and everyone else.

Gou shook his head, "I... I don't even know why I am surprised at this point."

Gary chuckled, "At least, you are taking it well. Some of Ash's old rivals were very vocal about it."

Gou, "Eh? Why though?"

Gary laughed, "They thought they would be better suited to protect Ash."

Gou blinked, "They had a crush on him, you mean."

Gary nodded, "Ritchie, Casey, Morrison, Annabelle, Paul, Trip, etc. So many of them."

Gou eyed the rival list, "All of them?"

Gary, "It was not just rivals but also people he helped over the years. Lance and Cynthia act like protective parent dragons towards those who are way too old but have a crush on him."

Gou blanched at that, "But he is only seventeen. Adults too?"

Gary, "Mn, that was my reaction too. I suppose you already have someone you gave your heart to."

Gou turned pink, "What makes you say that?"

Gary smirked, "You are not demanding to join."

Gou, "Oh... Um.. Yeah, I do like someone else."

Gary smiled at him, "I hope you can be happy with them. Do not worry about breaking up or getting rejected. The world is a big place, you know?"

Gou smiled, "Thanks I will remember that... Hey, how did you know I did not tell them yet?"

Gary grinned and went out to join Ash with Gou following him asking questions. Ash waved at them telling them to join the impromptu picnic he was having with the Pokemon outside. Soon enough Gou and Ash were sharing their adventures and Gary looked resigned when Gou mentioned the Legendary Pokemon. Gou was not surprised by Gary's reaction to their stories now, as it seemed to be a running theme with Ash. The two OFRAs left the ranch after promising to stop by for dinner once their assignment was done.

Ash, "I'm happy."

Gou, "Hm? What for?"

Ash smiled, "To see you get along with Gary. He can be a troll most of the time and piss my other friends off."

Gou, "I think he was just testing them to see if they would be loyal to you or not, Ash."

Ash, "He does not have to."

Gou laughed, "It's either Gary or Red. Would you prefer Red?"

Ash blanched, "No way, he would definitely scare them off. I saw what he did to Team Rocket."

The mission went smoothly and after having dinner with Gary as promised they dropped in at Viridian City. Gary had suggested it saying if Red saw him safe and sound he would not go hunting for him later. Ash reluctantly agreed and went to visit his older sibling who was happy to see him and Ash was happy seeing Red happy. Not to forget, Red had asked Green to marry him and he was the first to know about it.

Ash, "You should tell mom and Professor Oak and Daisy and Gary. We need to celebrate."

Green chuckled, "We will kiddo, we will."

Red, "We just need to prepare a lot of things first."

Gou nodded, "Right, marriage does require a lot of preparation."

Ash, "It does?"

Red, "It does. Don't worry you will understand once you are ready to get married."

Ash pouted but nodded, "If you say so."

(To be continued...
Only two more chapters left and this fic will end.
Yay!
See you soon my lovely readers.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.4K 270 20
The Alola region. A place where Pokémon tend to spend their summer vacations, compete in friendly tournaments, or they might even decide to live ther...
142K 2.5K 20
(Y/N) (L/N), a simple teenager who lives at Alola Region. One day, she moved to Kalos Region for a normal, happy vacation but little does she know th...
6.8K 232 17
Book 6 Previous Book: "New Journey, Old Friends!" Our favorite couple, now 35, has been living in Pallet Town with their kids for 15 years. This stor...
186K 2.8K 35
Serena has been in Hoenn for three months. She misses her friends. Her home. Everything. She is stressed from all her competitions and training...