Below the surface- YeonKai

By lonely_moa

Are you feeling nervous? Does my voice deceive you? Does my voice lead you? I only want to become something t... More

Character info and important notes
Intro- Into the terrors
Chapter 1- No time for introductions
Chapter 2- Believe ME
Chapter 3- Strangers
Chapter 4- Useless
Chapter 5- Left forgotten forever
Chapter 6- Your issue is?
Chapter 7- Who I was before
Chapter 8- A story or a lie?
Chapter 9- My rules
Chapter 10- He means what he says
Chapter 11- Don't blink
Chapter 12- Just answer
Chapter 14- To be or not to be?
Chapter 15- WHY NOT ME?
Chapter 16- All I can see is her
Chapter 17- I am his and he is mine
Chapter 18- Every Body
Chatper 19- You don't understand

Chapter 13- Accident?

108 13 35
By lonely_moa

AUTHOR POV

It was late, everyone tucked in their rooms. Well, nearly everyone.

Yeonjun lay in his room staring at the ceiling. He almost never slept. He was always awake. Watching. Listening. Waiting. 

Why sleep when he could think? Why sleep if he didn’t have to? There was too much to think about anyway. The past. The present. The future.

There was a sudden tap on his window, the pace of the night disturbed subtly.

Yeonjun knew exactly what it was. Not a leaf, not the wind and most definitely a human. 

He rushed over to the window, his hands twitching in anger.

The window slid open quickly, the face of Taehyun appearing beside. Only Taehyun would scale the building from his room to get to Yeonjun.

“Just what do you think you're doing?” Yeonjun snarled.

Taehyun looked at him shamefully and swung himself through the window, now standing in front of the evidently annoyed figure of Yeonjun towering over him. Taehyun quite often used to challenge Yeonjun but it slowly died down as Yeonjun became…well…nastier.

Taehyun was smart, he knew how to avoid trouble. He had seen enough to know what to and what not to do. 

“You already broke his phone?” Taehyun asked bluntly, avoiding eye contact.

Correct. This was a pattern for Yeonjun. He had done it three times before. Well, three times that you need to know about, any other time is simply…irrelevant.

To Beomgyu

To Soobin

To Taehyun

“Last time I checked what I did to someone else didn't involve you” Yeonjun retorted, gripping his hands around his long sleeves to keep himself from hitting the boy in front of him.

“It's all happening so much faster than it did to everyone else. Everyone here, you broke their phone, gave them a new one you tampered with and eventually when it’s too late they find out. Should I tell Kai that you’ll be tracking him, looking at everything he does?” Taehyun threatened quietly, tears welling in his unblinking eyes.

“And that's the key point, when it’s too late they find out” Yeonjun huffed in irritants. Taehyun always tested his patience.

“You already have the three of us, why another?” Taehyun asked.

“You three weren't the first, remember and you were all simply practise subjects. Kai was my aim one way or another” Yeonjun snarled.

“What the hell did he do that was so special to you? He didn't even know who you were when he first arrived” Taehyun snapped harshly.

“Listen, you may think you've seen everything and know the ins and outs of my life but this is something that is my concern and if you keep trying to get involved I'll make sure you never see anything again. DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR?” Yeonjun yelled.

The shout would have been loud enough to wake anyone but that would have only applied if Yeonjun’s walls weren't sound proofed. Everyone else's, oh no, only his. He knew he was prone to shouting in there. Why raise suspicion when it wasn’t needed?

Taehyun’s once confident demeanour vanished as soon as the yelling began. Taehyun did not like yelling. His frame began to shrink into itself, becoming small and pitiful in a sense as Yeonjun stared down on him as if he were nothing worth more than an ant.

Taehyun had not gained a single strike against Yeonjun since falling to a life below him. He did as he was told, he followed the rules but if anything he would only ever be verbally scolded and while that may sound better than losing a tongue like Beomgyu did but Yeonjun did certainly have his plans for Taehyun when the time came. 

The time always came

He had a plan for everyone in the end

Every story has its end…

Some just more planned than others

Even Kai who he was after had a perfectly laid fate if he dare do wrong. 

This place was Yeonjun’s dollhouse, everyone in it was simply a doll in his little game for him to manipulate and use to his disposal. If he got bored of a doll, he would take it out of the house and disregard it and in a case like this where the dolls are humans it is more disturbing to think about how many he may have had before.

“I asked if that was clear. WELL?” Yeonjun yelled again, demanding an answer.

“You are clear,” Taehyun whispered, his hands shaking and eyes frantically fluttering around.

“That's good, you always see my side in the end” Yeonjun remarked in a praise-like tone.

“I don't see eye to eye with you, I just don't feel like dying today” Taehyun murmured under his breath.

“What was that hmm, Taehyun?” Yeonjun asked, sitting Taehyun down on his bed and staring down at him.

Taehyun was always shorter than Yeonjun. It was something that Yeonjun liked to take advantage of. He would make himself seem taller which in a second made him appear more frightening. It made Taehyun feel small, defenceless, exactly the way Yeonjun wanted him to feel.

“Yeonjun, just seriously, everyone here already knows what you do aside from Kai. It’s hard to ignore it when the cycle repeats and you know where it’s headed” Taehyun explained. 

It was true. It was tiring to watch it happen over and over while you sit idly and watch it pass once more.

“This one ends differently,” Yeonjun assured menacingly.

“And how can I be so sure of that, why keep me, Beomgyu and Soobin here if Kai is all you want?” Taehyun questioned, suddenly growing back into as much confidence as he could.

“I have my reasons” Yeonjun dismissed as his tone became blank.

“Your reasons being?” Taehyun shot back confidently.

The sudden change in Taehyun’s voice. The sharpness. The snapiness. It made something snap in Yeonjun’s head

“You want to know that badly?” Yeonjun teased with a light laugh.

Taehyun gulped. He wanted to know, yes, but did he really want to know, well no.

“No” Taehyun mumbled, shrinking back to quiet.

“What was that, I didn't quite hear you?” Yeonjun asked, tilting his head and squinting his fox-like eyes as he smiled deviantly.

“I said NO” Taehyun shouted in a sudden burst before rushing his hand over his mouth as if to take back his words.

Yeonjun’s eyes darkened. If he was angry before, lord forbid how he felt now. His hands instinctively rushed forward grabbing Taehyun by the throat and squeezing as hard as he could. His elongated nails pierced into Taehyun’s closing throat, struggling breaths echoing through the room.

“Jun…ah…stop” Taehyun gasped as he struggled to escape the deathly grip, tears dripping down his reddened cheeks.

His throat struggled to allow air to pass, choking the feeling of life from his veins. Yeonjun’s eyes watched him in amusement as he held onto him as though he were nothing.

For someone so thin, when he was fueled by rage, Yeonjun could be scarily strong.

Suddenly, his grip dropped, Taehyun coughing and spluttering, small trickles of blood running from his pierced skin.

“Awwww, hurt?” Yeonjun teased with a smile on his face

“Of course it…did you asshole” Taehyun said with an exasperated voice, breaths interrupting his words. 

Yeonjun didn't wait even a second before responding and acting out his wishes. No one would cross him. He would be in control.

He picked up Taehyun’s weakened body and shoved him against the wall, the boy's head smacking the wall harshly, forcing him to hiss in pain and slam his eyes shut.

When his eyes opened again he was greeted with a pointed blade directed at one of his eyes, the sharpened silver tip almost ghosting over his widened eyes.

“One wrong move is all it will take Tyunnie” Yeonjun pouted in torment.

Taehyun drew a sharp breath in, eyes wandering to the floor to avoid staring the other straight into Yeonjun’s piercing eyes and threatening weapon.

“Please, I will go, please, I never had any strikes, dont hurt me, please don't, I beg of you please…just dont hurt me” Taehyun begged, his body slumping to the floor as he cried, tears dripping from his face onto the floor.

“Oh please” Yeonjun grimaced, crouching down to Taehyun’s level and pulling away Taehyun’s hands from his face.

His eyes were slammed shut and surrounded with tears and reddened skin. As Yeonjun looked at him he pondered. It had been a long time since someone new was around, that ment if he did anything to hurt someone where it can be seen it will be questioned.

Any average person would then defer hurting anyone to avoid questions but Yeonjun, definitely not. He scoured his brain for excuses. His veins boiled and hands twitched. He needed to hurt him. No one could yell at him.

“Look at me” Yeonjun instructed harshly, gripping the crying boy by the chin, raising their eyes to meet.

Timidly, the bloodshot eyes of Taehyun peeked open, the fear in his eyes fueling the fire inside Yeonjun only further. 

“Hand, leg, face, arm, tongue, stomach, back, eye. Which will it be?” Yeonjun asked as he smirked, staring through his eyebrows at the shivering figure of Taehyun.

He stayed silent, eyes moving in confusion.

Yeonjun hadn't explained what he was asking. Taehyun didn't understand. 

What if he gave the wrong answer?

What did the question mean?

A blood curling scream suddenly filled the room, Yeonjun’s hand slashing up and cutting a slit through Taehyun’s face, blood pouring from his cheekbone to his chin.

The scream shrilled through Yeonjun’s ear, the sound of pain blissfully yet momentarily kissing his ears and soothing his never ending headache.

He liked it when people felt how he did.

“You didn't choose fast enough” Yeonjun pouted, cleaning the blood from his knife with the sleeve of his signature long black shirt.

“You…didn't even…give me a…chance” Taehyun whispered as he gripped his face in an attempt to slow the river of crimson blood that flooded his hands and the floor below.

“I've been lenient with you today. You deserve to have had three strikes already. I was too nice to you before. I needed to remind you where your place was. Try this again and you can see what else I plan for you, hm?” Yeonjun tormented as he smiled and wiped Taehyun’s blood away from his face as if it were tears.

Taehyun felt as his fingers were pried from his face, Yeonjun suddenly coming to his aid with antiseptic and plasters.

“If anyone asks you how this happened, you had an accident. Kai is the only one who really doesn't know if it was me, the rest will know but still. You will lie to all of them” Yeonjun instructed forcibly, threat evident in his voice.

Taehyun nodded weakly, allowing Yeonjun to treat the pain he had caused. This was actually a pattern for Yeonjun. He did it with people before, even Beomgyu he tended to when he cut his tongue out. You wouldn’t think so, would you? He would hurt someone, then insist on treating them. It created a complex of sorts. 

I hate him, but he looks after me when I'm hurt

He hurts me, but he stays by my side until the pain is numb

He has hurt others, but what if I am different?

Taehyun knew he was lucky to have gotten this far without something like this happening. He hated Yeonjun even more than before. 

But

He felt loved

Strangely loved

“It's alright, I didn't know what to choose at first either” Yeonjun comforted as he smiled, the intense anger suddenly washing away.

Taehyun didn't understand. What did Yeonjun not know what to choose? 

The thought didn't last long enough to gather an answer, Taehyun’s thoughts immediately shifting into the reality of where he had ended up and where the others all someday had or would.

“Yeonjun, please let Kai go, let him move away. I deserve to be here but he doesn't, he has never done a thing, please” Taehyun begged.

In his eyes, himself, Soobin and Beomgyu were each there for a reason but Kai was so innocent and sweet to them despite their cold manners that Taehyun felt it was unfair for him to fall a victim alongside the rest.

“Who are you to tell me what to do? All of my work would be in vain, including keeping you around. Don’t make me remove you and the others for one boy to get away” Yeonjun snapped, pushing Taehyun away from him and looking at him with disgust.

“Im sorry” Taehyun apologised quickly, bowing his head down before standing up shakily.

“Get out, now” Yeonjun hissed, venom lacing his voice.

Taehyun quickly followed hir orders, leaving in an instant. He knew no one would help him or free him. 

He had to bear it

He didn't want to bear it

He needed to get Kai out, now

A/N

Guess who got locked out of wattpad, ahaa, I diddddd! But holaaa I am back and here to stay, It's the holidays for me so I'm writing a lot more so there should be more updates flowing through!!!

Votes and comments are appreciated, I try to reply as well :)

Lots of love and smiles <3

~ Author C

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.3K 1.6K 18
~°•☆•°~ 19 year old beomgyu gets forced to marry a cold heartless millionaire ceo of a company just for the sake of his parents bankrupting company...
6.7K 492 43
"I'm scared" He replied, his tone shaky and worried. "Scared of what" Taehyun asked, holding Beomgyu's hand and assuring him that he is there for hi...
155K 11K 107
two years ago the world found itself being emerged with death and violence, humans transformed into dangerous creatures with hunger for flesh, killin...
8.8K 268 30
人*'∀。*゚Horror Mystery AU人*'∀`。*゚ This Story isn't Related To Any of The Idols in real life This Is Just An Imaginary Fanfiction. !!LITTLE SPACE!! ...