Charmed: The Mighty Belthazar...

OceanKuhn5

Four sisters who discover their destiny. Four powers bestowed upon these newly discovered witches. Join us as... Еще

Characters first season
Something Wicca this way comes
I've got you under my skin
Thank You For Not Morphing
Dead man dating
Dream Sorcerer
Wedding From Hell
The Fifth Sister
The Truth It Out There And It Hurts
The Witch Is Back
Wicca Envy
Feats Of Clay
The Wendigo
From Fear To Eternity
Is There A Woogey In The House
Which Prim Is It Anyway
That Seventies Episode
When Bad Warlocks Go Good
Blind Sided
The Power Of Three
Love Hurts
Author's note.
Deja Vu All Over Again

Secrets And Guys

59 1 0
OceanKuhn5

A man and his son are sitting on the couch when men run in, grabs Max and leaves.

The sisters are doing some spring cleaning in the attic. Piper is looking through a box of toys and Prim is reading the book, while Phoebe is paints her nails. 'Can I just say I am absolutely enjoying this?'

Piper scoffs. 'That's because you're not doing anything.'

Phoebe shakes her head. 'Not true. I've painted my fingers and my toes.'

Prue sighs. 'I just hope that this doesn't fall under the personal gain category.'

Piper smiles. 'How could it? A good witch is a clean witch.'

'Yep. I think we should spring clean like this more often. You go girl.' Phoebe agrees.

Prue uses her power to close drawers, put things in a box, clean the window, straighten toys and books on a shelf, and lift some trophies while dusting. 'Good job Prue. (Prue uses her power to put away a broom.) Oh look. More toys. I told you Grams wouldn't throw them away.'

Prue shakes her head. 'Yeah. But we will. Why don't you just put that stuff in the discard pile?'

'Um, hello. I want to keep my stuff for the the first baby Halliwell.' Prim speaks up.

Phoebe stops her. 'Wait. What's in there?'

Piper looks. 'Stuffed animals without eyeballs. Dollies that look like they've been through the mill once or twice... and looky here. Miss Phoebe's diaries.'

'The place where I kept all my secrets. Give me those. (She takes her diaries and she giggles. Prue, Prim and Piper give her a look.) What?' She asks.

Prue raises an eyebrow. "The place where you kept your secrets?'

Phoebe nods. 'Uh-huh.'

'Phoebe, you could never keep a secret.' Piper scoffs.

Phoebe is offended. 'Oh. That is so not true.'

Piper relents. 'OK. Maybe Prue's surprise birthday party.'

'Guess again.' Prue says.

Piper is surprised. 'You knew?'

Prue nods. Piper hits Phoebe playfully. 'Phoebe, you swore you wouldn't tell her.'

Prim laughs. 'Piper, it's Phoebe. What did you expect. She can't keep a secret to save her life.'

'I'm sorry. OK? It was an accident. (Piper sighs) I say we keep all the toys.' Phoebe suggests.

Prue rolls her eyes. 'Subject changer.'

Phoebe ignores her. 'For our children, for our future.'

Piper smiles. 'That's a good idea.'

Prue shakes her head. 'Well, you can get rid of mine. (Piper, Phoebe and Prim give her the "what" look.) What? It's just that, you know, we live in a world with so much violence and then you add the evil demons and it's a pretty scary place to raise kids in. Besides, I don't really think I'm cut out to be a mom.'

Piper can't believe it. 'How can you say that?'

'Seriously Prue. You raised us. You honestly the only mom i knew.' Prim tells her.

Prue sighs. 'Why don't we have this conversation later? Like say 5 years?'

Piper nods. 'Good. Ooh. Ooh. I think dinner's burning. Phoebe, lend me a hand.' She leaves

'Don't look in my diaries.'
She leaves too.

Max is with the thugs who thinks he has powers. They want to test him so he can help them pull off a job. They threaten his dad to make sure her corporates.

In the attic the spirit boards pointer starts moving. 'Piper. Phoebe. Get in here.'

Prim begins writing down the letters. Piper and Phoebe enter.

'What is it?' Phoebe asks.

Prue points to the spirit board. Phoebe sighs.

Piper groans. 'Oh no. Not again.'

Phoebe ignores her. 'What's it saying?'

Prim shows them the notepad. 'Help Max.'

The next morning, Piper is on the phone in the parlor. Phoebe, Prim and Prue come in with the spirit board and sit at a table.

'So maybe Max is a ghost. I mean, after all, that is a spirit board.' Phoebe tells them.

Prue shakes her head. 'A ghost who needs our help? I don't think so.'

'Well, it wouldn't be the first time.' Phoebe fires back.

Prim sighs. 'It could be someone in trouble, reaching out.'

'Well, it would have to be someone with powers. That's not exactly AT&T.' Phoebe states.

Prue is thinking. "Help Max." 'That's not a lot to go on.'

'Yeah. I mean there's nothing really you can do unless he sends another message. What...are you on hold or something?' Phoebe asks Piper.

Piper glares. 'It's Harry, the new chef at Quake. He threw out all my Henckel knives. Apparently, he prefers Forscheners!'

Phoebe looks at her two other sisters. 'You follow any of that?'

Prim says yes at the same time Prue says no.

'We wouldn't have gotten that message if it wasn't important.' Prue looks at them.

Phoebe nods. 'OK. So what do you wanna do?'

'I'll go see Andy. See if he knows anything about a missing person.' Prim speaks up.

Phoebe shakes her head. 'Can you say long shot? (Prue gives Phoebe a look.) All right. You're obsessed. I accept that. I'll thumb through the Book of Shadows. See if there's anything in there about spirit board SOS's.'

'And maybe Piper can...' Prue stops.

Piper is yelling. 'Look. Wait. I'm the manager. If I say I want Henckel, then I want...hello? (She hangs up.) The jerk hung up on me. (She slams the phone on the table.) OK. How can I help you three?'

'I think we got it under control.' Prue says.

'OK. Then I'm going to Quake before Harry does anymore damage.' Piper leaves. Prue gives Phoebe and Prim a "what" look. Phoebe giggles.

Piper grabs her coat and opens the door to find Leo there. 'Ha. Ding-dong.'

They both laugh a little. 'Leo. You're back. Come in. (Leo hugs Piper.) It's so good to see you. How are you?'

Leo smiles. 'Better now. (They stop hugging.) How are you Piper?'

Prue, Phoebe and Prim enter.

'Uh, I'm better now too.' Piper states.

'Leo!' Phoebe exclaims.

Prue smiles. 'Hey stranger. Good to see you.'

Prim runs and hugs Leo. 'Hey I missed you. Don't stay away this long again.'

Leo laughs, hugging her back.

Phoebe nods. "Yeah. What brings you back?'

Prue looks at her. 'Phoebe.'

Phoebe continues. 'You know, the chandelier in the living room keeps flickering.'

'Yeah? Well, I'll get my tools.' Leo is happy.

Phoebe shakes her head. 'Oh no. No. Take your time.'

Prue gains her attention. 'Uh, attic. Remember? We have some reading to do.'

Phoebe nods. "Right'

They head towards the attic.

Leo looks at Prim. 'Is that a spirit board?'

She nods. 'Oh, yeah. I'm a total horror buff. Figured I would head to the cemeter. Maybe speak to the dead. (She jokes, grabbing her coat.) So, I'll call if I hear anything.' She leaves.

'I'll be at the restaurant.' Piper states.

Leo looks sad. 'Do you have to go now?'

'Uh, yeah. Sort of, but I'll be back soon. I promise. Uh, can you wait?' She asks.

Leo agrees. 'Uh, sure.'

They kiss. 'Ooh. So glad you're back.' She leaves.

Prim is sitting on Andy's desk. 'OK. Let me get this straight. You think a guy named Max might be in some kind of trouble, but you have no idea why. You've never meet him, and you really don't have no idea who he is. Is that about right?'

Prim sighs. 'Alright. You got me. My sisters and I were cleaning the attic when we found this old ouija board and the pointer started to move until it spelled out " Help Max." That's it.'

Andy types MAX on the computer and presses ENTER. 'You know, I hear a lot of stories in my line of work, but yours are always very entertaining.'

Prim smiles. 'Thank you.'

Andy smiles back. 'You're welcome. (He looks at the computer.) Sorry. Nothing on anyone named Max.'

Prim sighs. 'Damn. Thanks for checking anyway.'

'Anytime.' Andy replies.

Prim and Andy stare at each other. Prim laughs nervously. 'Well i should be going.'

Andy nods. 'OK.'

'Bye.' She kisses him.

'Bye.' Andy replies.

She leaves.

Piper is at Quake having a spat with Harry. Prim flies home then calls Prue at Bucklands to tell her Andy couldn't find anything. Phoebe calls Piper and goes to give the phone to Leo and sees him floating in the air, the light bulb glowing in his hand. She hangs up on Piper. Prim walks into the living and her jaw droos. Leo starts to explain.

Phoebe stops him. 'Your a warlock, aren't you?'

Leo shakes his head. 'No. (Phoebe stops at a table in the hall) Wait. Wait. Wait. (He tries to grab the phone while saying this but fails and draws his hand back.) Think about it. If I was a warlock and I wanted to hurt you, don't you think I would have done it the last time I was here?'

Prim gets a hold of herself. 'He's right. He could have hurt us at time if he were.'

Phoebe backs down a little. 'OK. Good point, but still most, normal handymen use ladders to fix chandeliers. (She points the phone under Leo's chin) Are you a witch?'

Leo shakes his head. 'No.'

'If not a witch. Then what?' Prim asks.

'Uh...' Leo makes the light bulb stop glowing and gives a goofy smile.

The thugs make Max use his power on a microchip plant. A cop shows up and one man shoots him in the leg.

In the Manors parlor Leo, Prim and Phoebe are talking about who Leo is. Phoebe has a mug of tea. 'I mean up until today, I thought you were a handyman, and now I find out that you're a...'

'White lighter.' Leo replies.

Prim comes to a realization. 'When Barbas threw me in the Ocean with sharks. You saves me didn't you?'

Leo smiles. 'I did. I healed you too. I couldn't stand by and let it happen. You were supposed to figure a way out yourself.'

Phoebe interupts. 'What exactly is a white lighter?'

'Well, we're really just messengers. Guides. (Phoebe is still confused.) Think of us as guardian angels for good witches. Your tea is cold.' He leans forward and waves his hand and the tea becomes hot.

Phoebe is stunned. 'Ow. Well, you are handy. (Leo smiles a little.) So, all this time, you knew who we really were?'

Leo nods. 'Yeah. I was sent to watch over you and your sisters when you first got your powers. You know, help out wherever I could.'

'I totally called it. I said we had a guardian angel. And that Leo was an angel.' Prim smirked.

Phoebe rolls her eyes. 'Sent by who?'

'Whom. They're a group of elder white lighters. They're known as the founders. You were never supposed to find out. I screwed up and got caught.' Leo explains.

Phoebe nods. 'So, what? You're here again to help us out with something else?'

Leo shakes his head. 'Uh, actually I'm here to help a boy named Max.'

'Max? Wait. That's the name the spirit board spelled out.' Prim says.

Leo nods. 'I know. See, Max is a budding good witch new to the craft. But he's very young and vulnerable. And he's in serious trouble. Someone wants to take advantage of his gift.'

'So why don't you help him?' Phoebe asks.

Leo smiles. 'I did. I made sure Prue and Prim received his cry for help. That's why I was sent here. That's all I'm supposed to do for now. The rest is up to Prue and Prim.'

Prim shakes her head. 'Prue doesn't know anything. Not even that he's a little boy.'

'Well, she will. In the meantime, you two must help me keep my secret or I could get into trouble. (Phoebe smiles.) Piper and Prue can never know what I really am.'

'Oh, boy. That's gonna hard. I can keep a secret. But Phoebe? Not so much.' Prim sighs.

Phoebe panics. 'Me? Keep a secret? Hello? Wrong Halliwell. Wait, uh, you have to tell Piper because if I know her, she's gonna think that...'

'I know. I know. And that's where I need your help. See? (Leo gets out of his chair.) White lighters and witches aren't allowed to fall in love. It's like humans and angels aren't. But I did. I fell in love with Piper.' Leo declares.

Prim smiles. 'She honestly loves you too. Even if she won't admit it to herself yet.'

Leo sighs. 'It isn't fair to keep her in the dark...but I have to keep this secret. (He sits back down.) So somehow I have to tell Piper that I can never see her again and I can't tell her why.'

'You don't need my help Leo. You need a miracle.' Phoebe exclaims.

Prue is in her office at Bucklands typing on her laptop. Prim meets up with Andy there. 'I got some interesting information about a boy named Max.'

Prue is confused. 'Whoa.'

'Curious huh?' Andy says.

Prim smirks. 'Curious indeed.'

As Andy talks, the pointer on the spirit board starts spell out another message. 'Earlier today, a microchip plant was broken into but nothing was taken. (Prue sees the pointer move and begins to write down the message.) Stranger still, the alarms were turned off before the front door was opened on the outside.'

Prue shakes her. 'Uh, what does this have to do with this boy Max?'

'Well, uh, security cameras picked up a car in the front parking lot with a boy in the back seat...matching this photo taken at an arcade last week... (He shows her a picture of Max and another boy.) ...where a couple of kids sunk in in much the same way. Same boy. Max Franklin.'

'Do you know the two in the front?' Prim inquires.

Andy shakes his head. 'Just that they shot and wounded a security guard at the scene. This boy's in serious trouble. (Andy leans closer.) I need to know what you know about this.'

'Well, I mean, why would we know anything? I think that you need to talk to his family.' Prue lies.

Andy Leans back in his chair. 'I did. He pretended not to know anything either. Claimed the boy was out of state visiting grandparents, will be back tomorrow, but something's wrong. He wanted to tell me something, but he was scared. He was afraid to say anything. What are you writing?'

Prue looks up after completing the message. 'Nothing. I'm just doodling.'

Andy looks between them. 'You're not going to tell me anything are you?'

'Andy, I will. Just not now. I'm not dragging you into this. Trust me you don't want to be. I can'thave you get hurt.' Prim frowns.

'I'm holding you to that.' Andy stands up and leaves.

Prue looks at the message. It reads KIDNAPPED AUTO SHOP.

Prue and Prim walks up to a door and ring the bell. Mr. Franklin answers the door. 'Mr. Franklin?'

He nods 'Yes.'

'My name's Prue Halliwell. This is my sister Prim. We need to talk to you about your son.' Prue starts.

Mr. Franklin shakes his head. 'Sorry, um, you have to leave, OK?'

Prim stops him. 'Look, we know that he's in trouble. We can help.'

Mr. Franklin lies. 'I don't know what you're talking about.'

Prue doesn't believe him. 'I think you do. What I don't understand is why you won't talk to the police.'

Mr. Franklin begs. 'Please. You gotta leave. Alright? Thank you.'

He begins to close the door and Prue holds the door open. 'Unless you can't talk to the police. The kidnappers won't let you, will they? That's why you wouldn't say anything to Inspector Trudeau.'

Mr. Franklin refuses. 'Look, I don't know who you are, but I'm begging you...'

Prim smiles. 'We can help him.'

'No. No. You can't. Alright? Good-bye.' He begins to close the door and Prue holds the door open.

Prue sighs. 'Mr. Franklin...'

Prue uses her power to send a picture flying into Mr. Franklin's hand. He catches it.

Mr. Franklin looks at them. 'Dear God.'

Phoebe and Leo are sitting at a table at Quake. Leo puts his hand over a glass of water and it fills up. 'Thank you. Oh.'

Piper comes out to them. 'Hi. I know you guys have been waiting a long time...'

There is a crash in the kitchen. 'Hey. Have you heard from Prue?'

'Uh, yeah. Uh, they've got everything under control. I'll be right back.' Piper goes to the kitchen.

Phoebe starts. 'OK. It's actually good that we have a few more minutes. We can go over your plan. You know. What you're gonna tell Piper.'

Leo nods. 'Oh, well. I thought that I'd tell her that, uh, as much as I love her and as much as I'd like to stay in San Francisco I can't. A-and I don't know how long my work will keep me away.'

Phoebe shakes her head. 'No. No. What you just said is as much as you'd like to stay and have sex with her, you've got a wife and kids in another part of the country. Try again.'

He does. 'Uh, Piper, um, you know how much you mean to me, and more than anything, I wish things could work out, but they can't, and no one is more sorry then I am.'

'Translation-I found someone I like even better.' Phoebe tells him.

Leo furrows his brow. 'I'm completely confused.'

Phoebe sighs. 'Uh, look Leo. Its not that complicated. OK. Um, just avoid the following. We can still hang out. I don't deserve you yet. I need more "me time" before we can have "we time". And my personal favorite, "It's not you. It's me." And whatever you do, do not start a conversation with "we need to talk". Other then that, you'll do fine.'

She takes a sip of water.

In Franklin living room, Prue and Prim are sitting on the couch. Mr. Franklin is holding a picture of Max, himself, and wife. 'Then they hit me and I passed out. (He sits in an armchair and puts the picture down.) I've been going out of my mind crazy ever since last night. Should I go to the police? Should I do what they say? They promised to bring him back, but after what the police said happened this morning, I...I don't even know if he's alright.'

'No. I know that Max is OK right now. If he wasn't, he couldn't have sent me that last message.' Prue assures him.

He nods. 'So I take it you're a...a witch too huh? Both of you.'

'Is that what Max said he is?' Prim asks.

He shake shis head. 'It's what Paulette, my wife, says he is. It's what she was. You know, it would have been a hell of a lot easier to handle her family secret had it been revealed a lot sooner.'

Prim smiles. 'Maybe she was afraid of how you would react. Afraid that you might not accept her or love her.'

He looks at her. 'Speaking from personal experience?'

Prim nods. 'I am. It took awhile. He's not all the way there, but he's getting there. We actually have a baby on the way, if you hadn't noticed my ginormous stomach. Due anyday now.'

He smiles. 'Good for you two. Congratulations. But, when Paulette, she had to tell me, she was running out of time. She passed away 3 months ago. Then suddenly, Max, he starts having this power. I don't have a clue what to tell him what it all means. And he uses it and he nearly gets busted at an arcade and now this.'

Prue shakes her head. 'I'm sure that Max...'

'Do you have any children?' He asks her.

Prue looks down. 'No, but...'

'Then you possibly couldn't understand what I'm feeling. Prim will soon eenough though.' He states.

Prue sighs. 'Still. I'm sorry...about what happened to Max and your wife, but if you could just find a way. Forgive her.'

He looks at her. 'Forgive her. She should have told me. Maybe if she had I would have been better able to protect Max.'

'Do you know of anybody who owns any kind of auto shop?' Prim asks.

Mr. Franklin shakes his head. 'Why?'

'I think your son was trying to send us a clue.' Prue tells him.

He thinks. 'No I-I...although I think Max's friend, Danny, his brother work at one over in Oakland.'

'Danny is the friend that broke into the arcade with Max, isn't he. (Mr. Franklin's eyes widen.) Got an address?' Prim smiles.

Max is trying to get free. Prue and Prim appear in the doorway. 'Max?'

'Who there?' He's scared.

As Prue talks, Prim goes to Max and tries to help get him free. 'My name is Prue. This is Prim. We're here to take you home?'

'But how'd you find me?' He asks.

Prim smiles. 'We had a little chat with your friend Danny. You're dads waiting for you.'

Max looks at her. 'You know my dad?'

Prue nods. 'Yeah, he...'

Mickey appears in the doorway. Prue stands up. 'Hey. Who the hell are you? (Prue uses her power to push him back.) Aah!'

He hits the tire bend. And falls to the floor. Max looks at Prue with wide eyes. David enters. Prue uses her power to push him back too. He hits the tire bend and falls to the floor. Prim helps Max up. 'Come on. We have to hurry.'

Max smiles. 'You have powers?'

Prue nods. 'Yeah. I'll explain them to you in the car, OK?'

Max shakes his head. 'I can't leave. They'll kill my dad if I do.'

Mickey comes up and hits Prue in the head, she falls to the floor unconscious. David does the same to Prim. They are tied up next to Max. Mickey shakes Prue. 'Hey. Naptime's over. Wake up. (Prue wakes up.) I got a little surprise for you.'

'Max, are you OK?' Prim asks.

Max shakes his head. 'He's fine.'

'Look, don't worry...' Prue starts.

Mickey hits Prue on the shoulder. 'I said he's fine! Now before you go trying to pull any of that magical, uh, hocus pocus crap again, I wanna show you something.'

He pulls out a little trigger with a red button on it. 'What is it?'

'All that matters is what happens when I flick that little switch. Now I flick that little switch, and Max here takes a nap. A long one.' Mickey states.

David sighs. 'Mickey, why don't...'

Mickey glares. 'Shut up! (Mickey goes over to Max and kneels down beside him. David leaves. Mickey shows them a bomb attached to Max's waist.) Plastic explosives. Little trick I picked up in Corcoran. Prison system's very educational.'

'Mickey, he's just a child. He's already proven that he's not going anywhere. If you're going to wire anyone. Wire me.' Prue tells him.

Mickey laughs. 'What is it with the three of you? What are you, like magicians or freaks of natures? Aliens? What?'

Prim smirks. 'Witches. (Mickey laughs and leaves the room.) You OK?'

Max hugs Prim. 'I'm scared.'

Prue smiles. 'I know. Just uh, do as they say and everything will be fine. They need you, remember?'

Max looks down. 'I'm sorry I got you into this. Sorry I have these stupid powers.'

'No Max. Don't ever be sorry. It's a gift. It's a part of you.'

Max shakes his head. 'It's a pain. I'm a freak. My dad hates it too. He hates me.'

'No. No, he doesn't. He just doesn't understand it, that's all. It's new to him too. Don't worry Max. We won't let anything happen to you. I promise. OK?' Prue tells him.

Max nods. 'OK.'

They all smile.

Piper comes out of Quake's kitchen and goes toward Leo. 'Sorry. Small mutiny in the kitchen. (She sits down.) Where were we?'

'Piper there's something I need to tell you.' He starts.

Piper nods. 'Yeah?'

Leo frowns. 'Uh, look. Forgive me, but I could be summoned at any moment, so I have to tell you this now. I can't...I can't, uh...I can't believe how much I missed you.'

Piper smiles. 'Well Leo, I missed you too, but what do you mean "summoned"? Summoned where?'

Harry comes out of the kitchen and stands by the door. 'Hey, uh...Piper. No respect I can live with, OK, but where the hell is my coriander?'

'OK. That's it. I'm ending this now.' She goes back to the kitchen.

Phoebe enters. 'Oh my gosh. You know.'

Piper looks at her weirdly. 'Of course I know. The whole restaurant knows. Didn't you hear him scream across the room?'

Phoebe turns to Leo. 'I thought it was a secret.'

Leo tries to tell her. 'Phoebe...'

Piper scoffs. "I wish. It will probably be in the newspaper tomorrow.'

Phoebe shakes her head. 'No. It can't be. Look Piper, he never meant to hurt you.'

'Phoebe, please. You haven't even meet the manic yet. What's gotten into you?' Piper asks.

Piper goes into the kitchen. Phoebe looks questionably at Leo. 'She's talking about the new chef.'

Phoebe nods. 'Oh, right. So does that mean she took your news well?'

Leo sighs. 'That means she doesn't know. I can't tell her Phoebe. I can't stand to think about it, much less, talk about it.'

'Well, here's something else you might not want to think about. Piper said that Prue And Prim had everything under control. Well, I can't find them.' She tells him.

Andy is at his desk at the station. Darryl comes in with a picture of Mickey. 'Say hello. Mickey Jackson. Security cameras digitally enhanced for your viewing pleasure.'

He hands Andy the photo from the security camera. 'Jackson's a convicted bank robber. What's he doing breaking into a microchip plant?'

Darryl shrugs. 'And stealing squat. Good question.'

Andy sighs. 'A better one would be how he broke into the plant in the first place. (Darryl sits in a chair in front of Andy's desk.) High tech's not exactly his style.'

Darryl nods. 'Mmm. Unless this was just a dry run. Maybe Mickey's looking to do bigger and better things.'

'Like another bank?' Andy asks.

'Mmm. Like a big bank. It's a leap. I know.' Darryl says.

Andy nods. 'Agreed. But why the kid? How's he fit into this? (Darryl shakes his head. Andy's phone rings.) Trudeau.'

Phoebe starts talking. 'Hey Andy. It's Phoebe. Have you seen Prim or Prue this morning?'

Andy shakes his head. 'No. As a matter of fact, I was about to ask you the same question.'

'Really? Why?' Phoebe asks.

'Because I think they know something about a boy named Max. Do you?' He replies.

'Uh. Ooh. Oh. That's my call waiting. Gotta go. Could be Prim or Prue. Bye. (She hangs up and goes to Leo.) Uh...anything?' She asks.

Leo sighs. 'No. I can't reach Max, Prim or Prue telepathically.'

Phoebe frowns. 'Does that mean they're in trouble?'

Piper enters. 'Who's in trouble?'

Phoebe thinks fast. 'Oh. The 49ers. No secondary. They need a really good draft pick next year. Well I'm gonna go into the kitchen and see if I can get in touch with Prue. (To Leo.) Carry on.'

She leaves. Piper walks towards Leo and takes off her coat and sits by him while saying this. 'Alone. Finally. Don't have to worry about any more interruptions from Harry. He, uh, quit. (She goes to hug Leo and he draws away from her.) OK. Not the enthusiastic response I was hopping for.'

Leo frowns. 'Look, uh, Piper, I've been searching all day for an easy way to tell you this.'

Piper stoos him. 'Oh. Uh. (She freezes him.) Phoebe. Phoebe, I know you're not in the kitchen.'

Phoebe comes into the living room. 'That is so weird. I was just on my way back.'

'Is Leo about to tell me he doesn't want to see me anymore?' She asks.

Phoebe sits next to Piper. She looks over at Leo and sees he's frozen. 'You'll have to ask him.'

She leaves. Piper turns back to Leo. Time unfreezes. 'And that's the problem. I fell in love with you and I shouldn't have.'

'You're married.' Piper says.

Leo shakes head. 'No.'

Piper tries again. 'Engaged.'

'Um...I'm involved. But it's not...the way you think. The truth is that I lead you on and made you believe that I was coming back.' Leo tells her.

'Leo, you are back.' She says confused.

Leo nods. 'Yeah, but I...I have to leave again. Now, and...and it's not because I want to, though. It's because I have to. I'm sorry.'

Piper sighs. 'That's OK.'

'It is?' He asks.

'Yeah. I mean Leo, you're a nice guy and I like you a lot, but let's face it. You're, uh, geographically undesirable. I mean, you said you live really far away right?' Piper tells him.

Leo nods. 'Yeah. Pretty far.'

'Well I try never to get involved with guys I can't see regularly. So, don't feel bad. I mean, I understand. Really, I do.'
Piper kisses Leo and leaves.

Phoebe enters.
'So how'd she take it?'

'Not bad. (The white lighters call Leo.) Oh. Um. Excuse me, but I have to go.' He grabs his coat and heads towards the door.

Phoebe stops him. 'Leo, what—wh—where you going?'

'I uh, have to leave. Now.' He leaves.

At the Auto Shop Auto shop. The men are going over the plan. Prim, Prue and Max are on the other side of the room.'Has anything like this ever happened to you before?'

Prue shakes her head. 'Uh...not exactly like this. Usually the demons that I have to deal with...'

'Demons?' Max exclaims.

'Your mom didn't get to tell you much about being a witch did she?' Prim frowns.

Max shakes his head. 'No. I just found out about my power when she died.'

Prue smiles. 'You know, our mom died when we were young too. Prim doesn't have one memory of her. We know how much it hurts, and it doesn't ever really go away. We didn't even know that our powers were coming. We had to figure it out all by ourself, which means so can you. Especially with your dad's help.'

Max sighs. 'He'll never understand.'

'You have to help him understand, Max.' Prim says.

Max smiles. 'You sound just like my mom.'

Prim smiles back. 'Well, we care a lot about you too.'

Max frowns. 'I wish you could be my mom right now.'

'So, what is your power anyway?' Prue asks.

Max explains. 'Mom called it psychokineses. It means I can move things I can't see.'

Mickey comes to them. 'All right. Remember, just do everything I say. And uh, nobody gets hurt.'

'Let's roll.' David says.

Mr. Franklin shows up. 'Max?'

'Dad.' Max shouts.

Mickey and David point guns at Mr. Franklin. 'Hold it. Hold it. Don't shoot. I'm unarmed. Nobody else knows you're here. I swear. I found you the same way they did. Through your brother.'

Mickey looks over. 'Your brother?'

'Gordan, they have him wired.' Prue speaks up.

Mickey looks at her. 'Shut up.'

Max is scared. 'Dad?'

Mr. Franklin tries to calm him. 'It's alright son. Look man. I'll give you anything else you want. Just...let me have my boy, please?'

Mickey lowers his gun. 'Alright David. Go, um, go put them in the van. Leave feisty one. Do it.'

David, Prue, and Max walk past Mr. Franklin. 'My son. (David pushes him aside.) Max. Max. (Prue, Max, and David go in the van. Prue looks at Prim scared. Mickey loads the gun.) Please man, let him go. I beg you. Please. He's my son. I beg you. Please.'

Mickey points the gun at Mr. Franklin's chest. 'Sorry. (He shoots at him. Prim tackles Mr. Franklin. They both fall down. Prue sees this. She starts crying. Max is burying his face in Prue's coat. Mickey closes the door. He gets in the front.) Drive.'

He looks at Prue. Prue looks at Mr. Franklin and Prim as the van drives away.

Prue is able to thwart the men with Max's help. They head back to help his dad and Prim.

At the Auto shop Mr. Franklin is lying on th ground weakly, having his head bashed on the pavement. A light comes towards him. It begins to form a person. 'Paulette?'

The light turns into Leo. Leo walks to him and kneels down. 'It's not time to be with your wife, Gordan. It's time to be with your son.'

Mr. Franklin is confused. 'But...'

Leo puts his hand over Mr. Franklin's wound and heals him. He takes his hand away. 'Raise the boy well. Heed Prue's advice.'

He heals Prim as well, barely making it. She comes to and smiles. 'I knew you'd come.'

Leo smiles back then orbs away. The van comes in. Max and Prue get out. 'Dad, you OK?'

Prue runs to Prim, throwing her arms around her.

Mr. Franklin gets up and higs his son. 'Max. Oh. Ooh. I'm fine Max. Thank you God. Thank you. Thank you. Ooh. You're alright.'

Prue doesn't understand. 'But I saw you both get ...neither of you are bleeding.'

Mr. Franklin smiles. 'It's a miracle. Thank you...thank you for protecting my son.'

Prue smiles back. 'I'm just glad it all worked out. Raise the boy well. (Mr. Franklin looks at Prue strangely.) What?'

Mr. Franklin shakes his head. 'There's somewhere we need to go. I'd like you to come with us.'

It's morning at the cemetery. Max and Mr. Franklin put two pink roses with ribbons by Paulette's grave. Prue and Prim stand behind them.

Mr. Franklin sighs. 'I was so busy being angry at your mother for leaving, for not telling me her secret, your secret...it was like a...a weight on my heart. I hope you both can forgive me.'

Max hugs his dad.

In the manors attic, a toy train goes across the floor. Phoebe picks it up. Piper is carrying a box of toys behind her. They go to a little table. Phoebe sits down. Piper puts the box down.

Prue smiles. 'Can you believe that? Dad's old train.'

Piper shakes her head. 'I can't believe you. You get mad at me for chasing monsters on my own.'

Prue sighes. 'Well, I figured Prim and I could handle it when we realized they weren't demons, but we probably should have asked for help.'

Phoebe frowns. 'Even though that killed you, and it almost did. We were a step away from burying Prim.'

'Guys, I'm fine. Everything worked out. And Max is back with his dad safe and sound.' Prim tells them.

Prue nods. 'Live and learn.'

Piper looks down. 'Yeah, you didn't even get to say good-bye to Leo.'

Phoebe looks at her sharply. 'What is that supposed to mean?'

Piper shrugs. 'I don't know. It's just weird. I felt like...he was holding something back form me.'

Prim bites her lip.

'Holding something back? What do you mean?' Prue asks.

Piper sighs. 'Who knows? It just seems like he wasn't telling me the whole story. Like...he had some secret he was afraid I couldn't handle.'

'Well that's his call...(Prue and Piper give her the "what" look.)...uh, assuming that he had a secret. Might not of.' Phoebe blurts out.

Prim subtlety shakes her head at Phoebe.

Piper tilts her head. 'What are you talking about?'

Phoebe can't hold it in any longer. 'OK. OK. You don't have to beat it out of me. Leo is a white-lighter. They're sort of guardian angels for witches. And they're not supposed to get involved with witches. But Leo couldn't help it. He fell in love with you and that broke all the rules and got him in all sorts of trouble. And even though he'll love you forever, you will probably never see him again.'

Prue and Piper begin laughing.

'What? Phoebe, that's...that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Oh god. Don't be so silly.' Piper tosses Phoebe a doll.

Phoebe laughs nervously. 'That's me. Silly.'

'I gotta go get some more tea.' She leaves.

Prue nods. 'Yeah. You know, Pheebs. With an imagination like that, you should be writing children's books or something.'

'No. But I didn't...I didn't...even think of that. That's a really good idea Prue.' Phoebe moves the toy train to the box of toys going.

Prue stops her. 'Oh. Oh. (Prue grabs the toy train.) That stays here.'

Prim raises an eyebrow. 'Wait. I thought all of the toys were going to the salvation army.'

Prue smiles. 'Well, like you said. We should save some for our children.'

'Do I scene a hormonal shift here?' Phoebe smirks.

Prue shakes her head. 'It's no big deal. I just had some time to think.'

Phoebe smiles 'Yeah. In all that spare time of yours.'

Prue smiles back. 'And I realize that I do want kids. I think that I'd make a great mom.'

'So, did you two save Max or did Max save you Prue? Phoebe asks.

Prue doesn't answer. Phoebe picks up the box and leaves.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

21.8K 199 5
Four sisters discovered that they are descendant of a line of female witches and that they are destined to fight against the forces of evil using the...
6.2K 62 22
Prue is dead, the power of four is broken but when Pandora, Piper and Phoebe discover there's another sister who kept the power of four alive
26.1K 1.2K 103
{COMPLETED} {BOOK 3 PUBLISHED} {currently fixing errors} "You and I both know you covered up the story. You don't care about this school or anyone in...
10K 159 22
It's been one year since Pandora, Prue, Piper and Phoebe have become witches. The charmed ones and they face a new stronger evil