ʟᴏᴠᴇ- ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴜʀᴇ ғᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ | ✓

By _love_is_you_

✦ ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴀs ɢᴇɴᴇʀᴀʟ.ғɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ✦ - 𝖒𝖆𝖓𝖎𝖐 𝖝 𝖆𝖓𝖆𝖍𝖎𝖙𝖆 𝖝 𝖓𝖆𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖓𝖎 - --- ♡ --- "𝘔𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢�... More

~ c o p y r I g h t ~
~ c o v e r s ~
~ d e d i c a t i o n ~
~ s y n o p s I s ~
~ c h a r a c t e r s ~
~ a e s t h e t i c s ~
~ o n e ~
~ t w o ~
~ t h r e e ~
~ f o u r ~
~ f i v e ~
~ s i x~
~ s e v e n ~
~ e i g h t ~
~ n i n e ~
~ t e n ~
~ e l e v e n ~
~ t w e l v e ~
~ t h i r t e e n ~
~ f o u r t e e n ~
~ f i f t e e n ~
~ s i x t e e n ~
~ s e v e n t e e n ~
~ e i g h t e e n ~
~ n i n e t e e n ~
~ t w e n t y ~
Answers!
~ t w n t y one ~
~ t w e n t y t w o ~
~ t w e n t y t h r e e ~
~ t w e n t y f o u r ~
~ t w e n t y f i v e ~
~ t w e n t y s i x ~
~ t w e n t y s e v e n ~
~ t w e n t y e i g h t ~
~ t w e n t y n i n e ~
~ t h i r t y ~
~ t h i r t y o n e ~
~ t h i r t y t w o ~
~ t h i r t y t h r e e ~
~ t h i r t y f o u r [a] ~
~ t h i r t y f o u r [b] ~
~ t h i r t y f i v e ~
~ t h i r t y s e v e n ~
~ t h i r t y e i g h t ~
~ t h i r t y n i n e ~
Hey!
~ f o r t y ~
~ f o r t y o n e ~
~ f o r t y t w o ~
~ f o r t y t h r e e ~
~ f o r t y f o u r ~
Important
~ f o r t y f i v e ~
~ f o r t y s i x ~
~ f o r t y s e v e n ~
~ f o r t y e i g h t ~
~ f o r t y n i n e ~
~ f i f t y ~
~ f i f t y o n e (a) ~
~ f i f t y o n e (b) ~
~ f i f t y t w o ~
~ f i f t y t h r e e ~
~ f i f t y f o u r ~
~ f i f t y f i v e ~
~ f i f t y s i x ~
~ f i f t y s e v e n ~
~ f i f t y e i g h t ~
~ f i f t y n i n e ~
~ s i x t y ~
~ e p i l o g u e ~
~ r e v i e w ~
~ love-- the shining ray ~

~ t h i r t y s i x ~

3.1K 519 106
By _love_is_you_

आज थोड़ा प्यार जाता दूं क्या,
तुम मेरे हो, सबको बता दूं क्या?"

Nandini heard the doorbell ringing and looked at the clock which was showing just ten minutes past two in the afternoon. She glanced at Ishita and Anahita who were trying to inflate the balloons and they were trying for two hours now. She shook her head at them and wiping her hands dry with the towel moved to open the door. She sighed when on the way everywhere there were balloons.

Shooking her head she opened the door but shrieked when the balloon Ishita was inflating bursting and she jumped on her place and was about to fall due to the balloon on the floor when a strong arm was curled around her waist and she shivered with the touch. She opened her eyes which she had closed in fear, only to meet with those amber black eyes staring right into hers.

Manik looked into her deep eyes, which were always his favorite. He could see the fear in those doe-shaped eyes replacing with relief and then something akin to peace. He kept gazing into those beautiful pair of eyes that were blinking at him.

Meanwhile, Manik's friend who has come with him was staring at the two lost souls with a smirking face. They were surprised by the fact that even Nandini was in a daze. And that's exactly what shocked Ishita too, seeing Nandini not flinching with his touch. She smiled at the two. While Anahita was looking at those two tilting her head and a small smile on her face.

Soon enough Nandini came out of trance and wiggled in Manik's arms due to which his daze was also broken. He carefully made her stand up and both looked here and there awkwardly. But the silence was broken by Anahita who came jumping to Manik making him smile and he kneeled in front of her.

"Loktal!! You came?"

"My Princess called, how couldn't I? Happy Happy Birthday Princess." Anahita grinned cheekily and Manik kissed her forehead lovingly. Hearing Manik, Nandini looked at Ishita who smiled and shrugged looking at Anahita, making Nandini sigh.

"Thank You!!!" Manik smiled at her and stood up to greet Ishita who blessed him as he touched her feet. They looked back at Anahita who was now saying Thank You to his friends, who were wishing her. And then Fab Four greeted Nandini and Ishita too.

"Well, we came early to help in the preparation, it's okay naa Aunty?" Ishita nodded her head at Cabir who smiled back at her.

"So, what's the theme Anahita?" Anahita furrowed her brows in confusion listening to Mukti and looked at her mother.

"There's no theme, Mukti, it's just a small celebration type with Anahita's classmates n all." Fab four nodded and Manik looked at Nandini. She was looking pretty in that simple attire too. The hairs which were coming on her face from her loose messy bun were making her look more beautiful. He looked at Anahita who called her to help her in inflating the balloons, and he readily joined her.

Nandini stared at him as he would flick Anahita's nose and she would scrunch her nose making him laugh. She smiled seeing his usual playfulness and heaved a sigh of relief. Then she went into the kitchen to get something for Fab Five, however, this staring session didn't go unnoticed by five pair of eyes.

It has been an hour since Fab Five was here, and to say the house was full of loud noises would be an understatement. Cabir had put music on and as everyone was decorating and preparing everything, they were grooving on the music beats too. Most happy was Anahita in all this. And hearing her giggles from the hall, there was a constant smile on Nandini's face.

Nandini looked behind with a jerk when she heard the sound of glass falling and saw Manik standing there with wide eyes and his tongue out and a sorry face. Looking at him, Nandini couldn't help but smile as he was looking like a big version of her daughter.

"Am so sorry, I was just keeping it here." She smiled at him and nodded in no.

"That's okay." Manik nodded and picked up the glass and kept it on the shelf again. He looked back at Nandini who was now struggling to pick up a box from the upper cabinet but was failing due to her short height. Manik chuckled silently and moved forward to help. And not wanting to startle her, he stood at two feet distance from her.

"May I help you?" Nandini looked back at him with a surprised face, as she thought that he went out of the kitchen. She then looked at the hum and then the cabinet before stepping aside.

"Which one?" Manik asked stepping at her place and picked up the box of white flour as she directed and kept it on the shelf. Nandini thanked him and passing a smile, he moved out of the kitchen making Nandini confused. She had been noticing that he isn't talking with her, nor he is meeting her eyes since the time he arrived, except for that one time when he saved her from falling. And that's so unlike him. She was feeling that something was strange with him. He was smiling no doubt, but he wasn't that much cheerful. As if something is bothering him.

Nandini was bought out of her thoughts when her phone rang, and it was her caf owner - Amba Amroliwala. She picked up the call while stirring the soup.

"Loktal are you sad?" Manik and Fab Four looked at Anahita with a surprised face while Ishita looked confused.

"No Princess, why would I be sad?" He smiled when Anahita kept looking at her tilting her head as if she didn't believe him. Manik made her sit on his lap, as he was already sitting on the floor, and kissed her cheek.

"I am fine sweetie, why'd you ask?" Anahita shrugged and started playing with the little stubble on Manik's cheeks. He would smile when she giggle as his stubble would tickle her hands. Everyone else was also busy admiring seeing this cute bond. They both were busy with their games when Nandini came out of the kitchen and picked up her bag from the sofa in the living area. Fab Four and Ishita looked at her with confusion.

"Where are you going, Nandu?" Hearing Ishita's voice even Manik and Anahita looked at her.

"Ishi Maa, actually Amba Aunty called, she asked me if I can pick up the cake because the cafe is a bit crowded today and everyone is busy. So, I am going there and will be back in an hour." Everyone frowned at her while she checked for her wallet in the bag.

"Nandini, why you will go? Don't worry, I- "

"Manik will go with You Nandini, Abhi wants to say that why would you go alone? Manik will go with you in his car, in this way you guys will be back soon otherwise this rickshaw and all takes time, right?" Abhi frowned and Cabir soon understood his intentions and so did Navya and Mukti. While Manik too knew what Cabir was trying to do, and as much tempting as it sound to have her company alone, he is not ready for it. He is not even meeting her eyes. So he glared at Cabir who ignored it.

"I alone will go, it's okay." Fab Four glared at Manik for his dumbness while he shrugged at them.

"Nahi nahi, Manik you should take Nandu too. Actually, the cafe area has no parking so she will go in and fetch the cake and meanwhile, you will wait in the car. That way, it would be quick. Children will arrive by five thirty and it's twenty past four already." Nandini looked at Manik who had frowns on his face but nodded at Ishita. She was about to deny when Ishita nudged her to follow Manik who was moving out of the house with car keys and she followed him leaving behind five grinning faces.

"Aunty you too shipping MaNan?" Cabir asked excitedly from Ishita who was standing with a smile on her face as Nandini followed Manik.

"MaNan?"

"Yeah, those two." Cabir pointed at the door not taking and Ishita nodded her head frantically making the other four laugh.

"Why are you all laughing?" Anahita asked with a cute pout seeing them laughing.

"Joke Babygirl, joke." Anahita scrunched her nose hearing Abhi but get back to playing with her Rubik's cube.

Nandini came out of the house to see Manik standing there beside the car and as he saw her he opened the passenger door for her making her sigh and she moved forward. Manik frowned when Nandini stood in front of him and not entering the car.

"Manik, it's okay, I can go by myself. You don't need to worry " Manik muttered a few curses to himself under his breath because he realized that in his guilt trip, he was distancing himself from her and since he is avoiding her she would've felt that he is not interested. He shook his head and taking a deep breath looked at her.

"Please." Nandini saw him gesturing her to get in the car and this time he finally met her gaze. Nodding once she gets into the car hesitatingly and he closed the door before rounding up the car and coming to the driving seat. Putting up the seatbelt he glanced at her sideways while she was busy tieing her seatbelt and his stomach fluttered with giddiness, as The One is sitting in His car beside him. A dream he always saw, today became a reality. He then looked at the small idol of Guru Nanak Dev Ji in his car and smiled at him as if thanking him silently. Soon he ignited the engine and they were out on the busy roads of Mumbai.

All this while Manik was feeling a different kind of feeling, a good one, which was soothing for his heart. At that moment he realized that whatever happened or whatever is going to happen was or never will be in his hands. All he has is the Present, and he can cherish the moments of the present not worrying about anything because this is what won't come back. Smiling to himself he glanced at her who was fidgeting with her fingers and looking down at her lap, which made him frown. Was she uncomfortable, he wondered and that thought was enough to replace the smile on his face with frowns.

"Uh, Music?" Nandini's head snapped in his direction when she heard him. She was feeling uneasy, not because of the company but because of the messy thoughts in her head. She was thinking about the person sitting right next to her. She was confused by his behavior. Ever since she witnessed his devastated state that night she has been worried for him and he didn't even come to college. And now today, he came to celebrate Anahita's birthday on her call, and he was looking normal. But then he isn't looking at her or not trying to converse with her. And above that the thought that why this all is bothering her, is making her feel uneasy. She snapped out of her thoughts when heard him and nodded her head. 

Manik switched on the radio in the car instead of connecting with his phone, and the car echoed with the sound of the RJ, who was talking about a song maybe.

"You know, they say that love is different when it happens at different ages. it's innocent when you're a child. it's rebellious and intense when it happens in the teenage years. it's calm, stable when it comes to you in adulthood."

Manik gave a glance to Nandini who was now sitting with a much calmer face and he set the volume a bit before concentrating on the road, hearing the RJ continuing his talks.

"But I think love is all of these. And the song I'm gonna play next is all about love, one of my many favorites but still hits differently every time- Darasal by our very own Atif Aslam."

"Darasal is a song that is a reminder of the moment in which you start to fall in love. you look at them and your hand automatically reaches to pinch yourself, because it's so hard to believe that this person standing right in front of you is real."

Manik had a small smile on his face hearing him, he was finding his every word true. Because at this moment he was also feeling like he is in some kind of dream, where she is sitting beside him and the RJ was talking about love.

"Their smile brightens up your world, their voice makes you want to sing on the streets, and you fall, head over heels for them because you can't help yourself. Darasal is a song that makes you think about how lucky you're to fall for someone like them. every little detail, every adaa they throw at you is something you welcome with open arms. The moments you share with them make everything easier. they are your person and falling for them is as easy as it comes.
you experience love with them of every age. you fall stupidly, intensely, recklessly, and still find yourself at your calmest. Darasal is a song that makes you experience all the aspects of love. it reminds you of the moments when you felt the most in love, where you looked at someone and felt like the luckiest person on earth. 
It is a reminder of how no matter what age loves comes to you, it will always be innocent, and smitten. it will always be something you would want to stay in, forever. So here we go, let's play from my favorite verse."

Teri ada ada, Pe marta mein
Wafa wafa,Si krta, kyu
Hado se hu
Gujarta mein
Zara zara zara

Tum toh darasal
Saanson ka saaj ho
Dil mein mere chupa
Jo wahi raaj raaj ho
Kal bhi mera
Tum hi ho mera aaj ho
Kal bhi mera tum hi ho
Mera aaj ho

Nandini looked at Manik when he too started singing along with a  smile on his face, and she doesn't know if it was his smile, his voice, or both, that compelled her face to break into a smile. His voice was going so smooth and beautiful along with the real singer's. They stopped at the red signal and Manik noticed Nandini gazing at him with a smile and he realized that he was singing all this while imagining in his head. Silly him!

"Am sorry, this is my habit to sing along, sorry." Nandini nodded her head in no.

"No please, sing along. Your voice is very soothing." Manik grinned at the compliment and felt so happy. He again sang along as the next lines were heard.

Tum toh darasal
Ikk naya noor ho
Mujhme bhi ho
Zara si zara door door ho
Jaisi bhi ho
Hamesha hi manzoor ho
Jaisi bhi ho
Hamesha hi manzoor ho

The smile on Nandini's face automatically widened upon hearing his voice. It's not like she was hearing him for the 1st time, but the calmness in his voice was doing wonders inside her. She was feeling light. She was feeling calm. And as the song ended and he sang the last line, she clapped lightly for him with that big wide smile, which brought a smile on Manik's lips too seeing her smiling. He felt euphoric seeing her beautiful real smile which was glistening in her eyes. He looked at her when she sat straight still with that smile.

"I don't know how long it's been since I have felt like this," she says smiling and Manik looked at her before looking back at the road.

"Like what?"

"Happy, Excited,  to be alive even," she said and her smile dimmed away before disappearing and she looked out of the window. Her this action had a similar reaction to Manik's. His heart also pained hearing her, seeing her going into her shelf again. 

To change the tense environment he changed the radio channel where some Podcast was ongoing with the title- Healing Lines: Embracing Scars. And someone was talking about society and how they look at a person's scars- Physical or Emotional. 

"Society often associates scars with weakness, but they are symbols of strength and resilience. It's crucial to spread awareness about the power that lies within each scar's story.

Host: Well said. Our scars can be our greatest teachers, reminding us of our capacity to overcome adversity and grow stronger. It's about embracing our imperfections and finding beauty in vulnerability.

[Inspiring music starts]

"Yes, exactly. Sharing our scar stories can be empowering. It encourages others to open up about their own experiences and create a community of understanding and acceptance.

Host: I couldn't agree more. Healing is a journey, and each step we take towards self-love and acceptance brings us closer to embracing our scars fully."

Manik again changed the channel when he saw Nandini frowning. He didn't want to trigger anything in her so he changed the podcast. 

While Nandini looked at him when he changed the channel and looked out of the window again lost in her thoughts, fidgeting with her fingers which didn't go unnoticed by Manik. He so wanted to hold her hand and calm her nerves but fisted his hand tight when he realized that being so near too, she is very far from him. 

"Nandini, relax!" Nandini looked at him and saw him giving his soothing smile and she stopped fidgeting with her fingers.

"You know Nandini, see?" He studied her as she was sitting with a rigid posture.

"Hmm?"  she tipped her chin to look at him fully.

"I see a beautiful girl with an amazing heart and a corrupted mind." Confusion marred her otherwise flawless features. And Manik too completely looked at her as he stopped the car in front of the cafe.

He continued "Thoughts and ideas damaged by hurt  and pain, I see a girl whose mind is constantly battling with her heart  because her heart chooses to feel what her mind chooses to ignore."

.

.

.

How was it?

Do leave your reviews in the comment box about the chapter, please!

PS- This book doesn't have a sad ending MaNan is meant to be, both ending I have are with MaNan together only, so don't you worry, please.

Will be waiting for your reviews, please do vote and comment, it feels like am begging you guys to give a response in every chapter while this should be done by you guys on your own. Don't make me go disappear due to a lack of motivation to write. And no, one or two-word responses don't motivate me to write a chapter of 3000+ words.

PPS- I am going to be quite busy now, so I was thinking to post on Sundays only, but if you guys want short updates, I can give them twice a week. Tell me your options.

3150 words!

~A 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.1K 1.7K 16
Nandini: We're Best Friends, right? Manik: Yes, of course. Nandini: So be honest with me. Who do you like? Manik: No one. I love someone. Nandini: oh...
64.6K 4.5K 23
LOVE BY ACCIDENT ✔️ At a point..in everyone's life..where everything is going wrong..and we know that..this is what we have to live with all our live...
430K 44.4K 53
When Nandini met Manik for the first time, she never wanted him to be 'the one'; or actually, that thought didn't even cross her mind. And for Manik...
23K 2.8K 32
16/12/2022- Ongoing "Didn't I told you to not let him touch you, then why did he? Answer me?" "I am not answerable to you?" "Did you just roll your e...