The One That Got Away | Johnn...

Od iluvwritingforya

This is basically The Outsiders movie but with you inserted into it. You're a cheery but tuff looking greaser... Více

Introduction
Chapter 1 | Beware the Soc's
Chapter 2 | Trouble In The City
Chapter 3 | Pony's Second Movie
Chapter 4 | A Couple of Runaways
Chapter 5 | The Reason Why
Chapter 6 | Getaways
Chapter 7 | New Beginnings
Chapter 8 | Special Visitor
Chapter 9 | Stop, Drop, and Roll
Chapter 10 | Reunited
Chapter 11 | Not So Different
Chapter 12 | Get Well Soon
Chapter 13 | Make Amends
Chapter 14 | Ready to Rumble
Chapter 15 | The End of Our Era
Chapter 16 | Can't I Catch A Break?
Chapter 17 | Fever Dream
Chapter 19 | Hearing and Listening Part. 2
All's Well That Ends Well (Bonus Chapter)

Chapter 18 | Hearing and Listening Part 1.

548 6 1
Od iluvwritingforya

Apologies for the long wait! School has started back...

You were sitting in court on the left of Ponyboy, Darry and Soda sitting on the right of him. You were fidgeting like crazy with your hands, a manner you must've picked up from Johnny Cade himself, the whole reason you were in court. Who knew Johnny'd kill someone and not even be able to show to his own case. Maybe it was for a reason. They'd probably separate him from his mother anyway. He'd be put in a home. You might've never seen him again. No different from now. At least he'd be alive and well. 

The court was a lot less of a big deal than you expected. It was only you, the Curtis brothers, Cherry Valence and her parents, Randy and his parents, and the other Socs who helped jump you three that treacherous night. 

You sat up fidgeting with your fingers, cracking your knuckles, and bouncing your leg just waiting for the judge to call on you. Your mom wasn't at your case, neither were your siblings. You felt unsupported but it didn't surprise you. And it was quite obvious to anyone in the room that you were no Curtis. 

You and Ponyboy were told by Darry to wait your turn to speak every time. You would get your turn soon enough. 

Randy went first, he seemed nervous. Then the other Socs went. All of their sides of the story sounded somewhat the same, they stuck to the truth, mostly. 

Then Cherry told what had happened before you'd been jumped. She cried a bit but she stayed strong, he voice not quivering once. 

Once she had sat down you figured it was Ponyboy's turn to speak but the judge had called on you instead. You stood up as he spoke to you:

"Y/N L/N correct?" He asked. "Yes sir." You spoke, your voice cracking already. Maybe Cherry had done this before, she was a pro compared to you.

"Where are your parents miss Y/N?" The judge asked as you squirmed a bit. "Erm, they're not- she's not- I don't know...right now sir." You murmured. The judge hummed a bit. You looked back at Darry and Sodapop. Darry sucking his teeth, and Soda was trying hard to put a smile on your face with the one that was already on his.

When the judge started speaking again you expected to get berated or ridiculed but instead he asked you about things like school and grades and friends. You were shocked when he told you that you were good and it was Ponyboy's turn.

He asked Pony the same type of questions, school, and grades, even girls. And just like that he told you both that you were acquitted, and Darry was a liable guardian. It was over. Faster than it began. 

The Curtis boys were celebrating as they exited the court room. When you all came down the stairs outside it felt free. Like you had nothing to worry about anymore, except for Johnny and Dally of course, you'd always remember them but you had to move on eventually. Maybe you just had to learn how.

...

After the hearing you all exited the courthouse, feeling a lot better than you did when you entered. People hugging each other, Darry and Soda seemed closer than ever, and Ponyboy mingling with Cherry.

You smiled a barely visible smile before sighing and sitting on the stairs, waiting for the boys to be done talking so you could go back home. 

You go into deep thought remembering Johnny, the reason why you were in court in the first place. He didn't even get to show up to his own case. You thought about his last words as you looked up into the bright blue sky, praying that maybe Johnny himself was looking down on you. Praying that maybe he could forgive you for the way you acted over the years.

"Y/N!" Your thought we're interrupted by a familiar voice. You looked up to see your little sister, Coraline running towards you, your older sister Kimberly behind her. 

"Coraline!" You held out your arms as she ran into your embrace. "What are you doing here?" You asked her. "We came for your court case, but I guess we missed it. Oops." Your sister Kimberly said while crossing her arms. 

"Hi Kimberly." You muttered but still gave off a warm smile. "I'm so happy to see you!" Coraline said squeezeing you even tighter.

You were able to catch up on how things were going, how she enjoyed school and learning, how she'd made some new friends. Turns out your mom wasn't too worried about you. Appearently, the Curtis brothers were so good at taking care of you, she had one less daughter to worry about. You can tell if she was being sincere or not but knowing her, she probably couldn't care less. But you know what, that's alright. Her negligence was the one thing you could always share with Johnny, when he was alive.

"Are you alright y/n?" Caroline asked you. You looked at her in the eyes, true care when she popped the question. You couldn't help but bawl a little bit. "I will be, I don't know how, I don't know when...but I will be soon." You replied wiping your eyes. 

"You know, I understand it's hard. That's how I felt when dad left us, I couldn't take it you know? I hate it when someone I deem so important leaves my life. And now you're scared to loose someone else. But sometimes you have to tell that fear and that pain to shoo! Tell it to go away! Everything happens for a reason, so just enjoy life...right?" She said trying to help you wipe your tears.

You stared at her in complete shock. For a nine year old who lives in a struggling household, with  almost little to no education in the first couple years of her life, she was amazingly intelligent. 

You nodded at her as you wiped the remainder of your tears. "Good. Now can we talk to Soda and the boys? Pleaseeeee?" She asked. You took her by the hand and led her over to the brothers as they all showered her with attention and love. 

...

Things had been so different lately. You felt that maybe after the court case things could go back to normal. 

Ponyboy seemed clumsy, and I mean clumsier than usual. Sure he'd stumble a little sometimes but who forgets their shoes at school and had to be told by their friend that they're currently walking barefoot, on the bare gravel.  

You were still quieter than usual. You could again talk now so that was an upside, but you never really had much to say anymore.

And you and Ponyboy slowed down on your eating, by a lot. You both lost what seemed like a ton of weight over never being hungry anymore. Even when Darry or Sodapop put together your favorite meals, you just couldn't bring yourself to eat it or at least finish it.

Attending school again after who knows how many days was no better. People who've never acknowledged you before most definitely knew your name now. It was kind of embarrassing but the good attention part wasn't too bad.

Now you had breakdowns a lot more often. There was no certain schedule or timing they would just happen. You could be eating dinner and start bawling your eyes out. And turn around and cry during your shower in the same night. Or sometimes they could accur every other day. Maybe two days could go by and on your third streak, you'd absolutely loose it. 

These emotions could cause you to cry, scream, or even get physical at times (with objects, never your gang). One time you and Two-bit were just walking around town, talking and conversating when a car load of Socs pulled up. They were making threats and backing each other up and getting ready to fight. Two-bit let you know you were safe but you couldn't take it anymore. You shouted at them at the top of your lungs about how you were tired of them, and they were like stalkers who could never leave you alone. Oh boy, did you let them have it or what? 

They were so caught off guard that they kind of muttered awkwardly and put their weapons away. They shouted a couple curses at you and Two-bit before they got back in their car and took off. Two-bit was proud nevertheless less scared.

At school the next day during lunch you and Ponyboy met outside in the parking lot where Twobit and Steve picked you up everyday. You rode down to the neighborhood store where the Greasers hung out. 

You all went in to purchase candy bars, sodas, and ciggerstes. "I don't know how I like the idea of you smoking now y/n." Steve joked as you gritted your teeth at the thought. "Neither do I." You replied.

You and Ponyboy sat outside on the hood of Steve's truck, while Two-bit and Steve stayed inside the store. There wasn't much conversation between the both of you, Ponyboy continued to sip on his pepsi and smoke, as you alternated between your Fanta and your sunflower seeds.

And without a warning a car full of Socs pulled up in front of you. Neither of you flinched, not even a little. Things were different now. Socs didn't have the same effect on you they had had before the whole Bob situation. Now you really couldn't have any respect for them, let alone give them the honor of knowing you were startled still.

Three Socs got out and approached the both of you, but Ponyboy seemed to be the center of their attention. "Hey your the kids that killed Bob Sheldon! And he was our friend, and we don't like nobody killing our friends, especially greasers like you." On of them said.

"Big deal." Pony said coldly.

"We'll show you the big deal." Another had said. 

You and Ponyboy looked at each other, exchanging glances and talking to each other without physically speaking, like you always did. "Ah damn it." You said quietly before taking one last sip of your Fanta, then busted off the end of your bottle as Ponyboy did the same. 

You both held it up to them but Ponyboy had gotten up, close and personal. He looked ready to use it too, it made you really think about what a impact this whole situation was on him. It changed him. 

"You get back into the car or you'll get split you hear me?" Pony had said to them, then hopping off the car, at this the Socs looked nervous. "I mean it. I've had about all I can take from you guys." And with that, the Socs hopped back into the car, driving off far from the gas station. 

"Boy you really would've cut them wouldn't you?" Twobit said taking place behind the area the car had once been. "Me and Steve were going to back you up but I guess you didn't need us huh? You were really gonna cut him up, wern't you?"

"Like confetti." You'd joked for a moment. 

"Y/N were you?" Twobit had asked you. "I dunno, I guess if they'd gotten a hold of Ponyboy I would." You replied. Twobit turned his attention back to Ponyboy, who looked cold and tuff as ever. 

"Listen Ponyboy, don't get tough. You're not like the rest of us and please don't try to be..." Two-bit went on but he slowly realized Ponyboy wasn't listening. Instead he was picking up broken glass. 

"What are you doing Ponyboy?" He asked. "Picking up the glass, so no one gets a flat tire." He said nonchalantly. Two smiled a bit before letting out a sigh of what seemed like relief. 

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

25.9K 302 9
This is based on season 3.
314K 5.3K 25
richie x reader (female)
554K 59K 24
في وسط دهليز معتم يولد شخصًا قاتم قوي جبارً بارد يوجد بداخل قلبهُ شرارةًُ مُنيرة هل ستصبح الشرارة نارًا تحرق الجميع أم ستبرد وتنطفئ ماذا لو تلون الأ...
18.6K 381 17
Y/n L/n was a victim of the murders in Woodsboro where she lost half of her friend group and met Sam Carpenter, the daughter of Billy Loomis. After t...