Turning life around

By sarahxgilmore

When things go south in your life, well... it's time to actually go South. Beatrice leaves her boyfriend whil... More

The break
The beach house
Welcome home
The first night
The first morning
Terry's
Best chef in town
Nail Salon
The 'party'
Car ride
The program
Midnight swim
Festival
Bracelet stand
Sassy Cassie
Adoption
Camilla
The video
The spiral
The list
Paperwork
F1 driver
Personal Banker
Teenage-Bea
The office
New York
Moving out
The next day
Vogue
Four
Stitches
Bitter memory
Waiting room
The deck
Fashion show
Campfire
Roofied drink
Fighting
Snowflake
Business look
In the office
A very unfortunate encounter
Fast and Furious
Sun
Two weeks later
Tina's luggage
Tequila
Disney
Officially
Overheard
Surf
Sunrise
Darling
Fighting
The order
I think you know
Facing reality
Blushing
Sharks and Flowers
Souvenir
Nobody else
Where you thought it would end
Surprise surprise
Into the unknown
Kicking me out
Epilogue part 1 - Europe
Epilogue part 2 - The End.

February 6th

93 4 1
By sarahxgilmore

It all started on a random day of February.

I opened the door of our apartment, heading straight to the kitchen, where I could hear his presence.

- Hi babe!
- Hey honey, he said kissing my cheek. How was your day?
- Great, actually. I had some really good news at the office.

I was so excited to tell him. I think he could tell by my voice, because he looked up from the plate he was making himself and looked at me in curiosity.
I smiled, putting down my purse on the counter and heading to the refrigerator for some juice.

- Well I was at work, like usual. But when I went to check my email, I nearly spilled my coffee when I saw the screen!
I looked at him, still pouring my drink in a glass cup. I got an invitation to a topworld program abroad!! Well, it's still very competitive and I do have to apply and get accepted... but if I do get it this opportunity can completely change the course of my career!

I was smiling so broadly, putting the bottle back in the refrigerator, that I didn't even notice the lack of reaction from his part.

He just cleared his throat. I looked at him, but when I noticed his expressionless face, my smile faded a little.

- What's wrong ? I asked.

- Abroad, you said? he asked slowly.

"Well, yeah, and it's-"

- And how long are you planning to go? he cut me off. His tone was firm, a little cold.

- The program is stretched for a year and a half, it starts in the beginning of next year.

- Oh... I see. And, you're seriously considering it ?

- Well yeah... Tristan, this is the opportunity of a lifetime, it could open so many doors for me! They're also giving all the applicants a chance to work with them officially after the program!

Tristan's eyes darkened a little. I could tell he wasn't as excited as I was. In fact, he wasn't happy for me at all.

He scoffs.

- Wow, he finally said. I can't believe you're actually considering it. Going away for a year and a half ?! Where does that leave our relationship??

And that's when I understood. He wanted me to decline the invitation so I could stay with him.

We had a big fight that evening. We didn't sleep next to each other. It was a cold night in our New York appartement, a night that started a series of fights and issues.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 154 50
After 3 long, excruciating years of living in Portland, Isabelle has finally decided to move back home to Florida for one last summer of fun. One las...
21.6K 1.5K 39
Three years ago, a terrible accident happened. The aftermath of the tragedy changed their lives forever. She went to Paris and found herself. He wen...
89.9K 1.9K 81
Good grades, affluence, and opportunities, Sophia Parrish has everything a 17-year old girl could possibly want. That is, until a summer vacation wit...
5.9K 179 45
--completed- Mariella looks forward to going to the beach house every single year. She's gone with her friends for as long as she can remember. The s...